[F9-PP] F̶a̶m̶i̶ Guild bonding time <<Burning Phoenix Feathers>>

I smile at seeing Jomei strike the Phoenix with a powerful attack within my own mind as i view it. I keep my focus upon the phoenix having noticed that the Phoenix did give a glance towards Jomei though when he struck which mean he must've pissed it off in some manner with his attack. I then watch as the phoenix uses its feathers like darts as it fires it down upon myself as i quickly raise my shield upwards as the dart like feathers hits the shield like a barrage. With some getting past me and striking my cheek and skin ever so slightly. Leaving some scorch marks that sizzle a bit as i see my health drop ever so slightly I glance over towards you and back towards the phoenix as i take a deep breathe and says once more. I'm sorry was that suppose to hurt! A actual chicken could've done more by gently breathing on me! I say activating howl once more to make sure that the hate stays on me rather then you.

[H:2] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 130/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:6] Hesita: 971/1065 HP l 83/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT Burn 1/2 [24 Dmg]  (+15 HP for 2/3 turns do to regen)

Phoenix: 439/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA -191 HP

• << Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing 50 more damage to its base, additionally the player suffers Burn damage at 24 damage per turn for two turns.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Phoenix's piercing yellow eyes glared down at Hestia, who took the full front of its attack, but still managed to shout up insults at the fire avian. Letting out another shrill screech, the Phoenix repeated its attack a second time. With a powerful flap of its wings, another rain storm of flaming feathers shot down at the dark haired tank, by passing parts of her armor to cut at her skin, and singing her armor even more. "I think you're really pissing it off now, Hestia." Jomei said as the bird slowly began to descend towards the two players. Now was his chance for a counter attack against the Phoenix. Lowering himself to the ground, the ginger launched himself up into the air to try and close the distance. His blade, however, had just barely missed its mark, piercing the air right beside the red bird. "W-What?" Jomei gasped, it was a rarity for him to miss an attack.. and this was already the second time he had done so. "I hope this is more of a challenge for your standards." the man said with a chuckle. 

ID 98123 | BD 2(+4 ACC)(-2 EVA) | MD 10 | Hellstorm: 239(-154) = 85 Dmg + Burned

[H:2] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 131/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:6] Hesita: 886/1065 HP l 83/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT Burn 2/2 [24 Dmg]  -85 HP

Phoenix: 439/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

I look towards the phoenix as it unleashed a torrent of flaming darts once more as i scowl at that as i quickly raise my shield to once more take another barrage. As even more of my armor gets singe ever so slightly more along with some of my skin as i look towards the bird as it slowly gets closer towards the ground. yeah i think pissed might be putting it lightly Dad if it is striking me with the same burning attack twice. I say not even thinking of my words so unable to catch myself as i say that. Focusing more so on the fight at hand as i activate a sword art now as i take a calming breathe as i whistle towards my familiar to help me out. However, as soon as my familiar tried to help me out the phoenix was already long away from me unable to help me out with trying to land a singular hit in. With a sigh i just call him back as he lands by me and i pet him gently.

#98150  BD:5-1=4 

[H:2] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 131/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:6] Hesita: 877/1065 HP l 83/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT Burn 2/2 [24 Dmg]  -85 HP

Phoenix: 439/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

@Jomei

Rather than sticking to merely tanking at this point, Hestia worked to try and get some revenge for scorching her skin and armor with its flaming feathers. Just as Jomei had tried, however, Hestia’s attack had fallen short, he curved sword swinging at nothing but the air. “This bastard’s smart..” the ginger said with a grunt, “..he’s keeping high enough in the air so he can avoid our attacks.”

The Phoenix swooped down, its sharp beak pointing at the noirette. “Nows my chance.” Jomei said to himself under his breath, his eyes illuminating with bright yellow crosshairs that flickered around his dark irises. Rushing forward, Jomei’s rapier dug into the avian’s thick skin, knocking it off of its attack course. The ginger continued moving forward with the faltering beast, continuously cutting into it.

ID 98152 | BD 3 (+4 ACC)(-2 EVA)(+1 Concentration) | MD 1

OverRadiation: 14x17 = 238(-75) = 163

[H:2] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 132/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:6] Hesita: 877/1065 HP l 81/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT Burn 1/2 [24 Dmg]  -24(+15)

Phoenix: 276/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA -163

@Hestia

I look towards the phoenix as i see you manage to strike the phoenix with a strike finally as the phoenix has dropped down towards near halfway through that. I nod my head towards you with a smile upon my face. Way to go Jomei! We're close to finishing this! I say rather excitedly as i focus back onto the phoenix as i then whistle loudly as Kuro quickly dashes towards the fire chicken and tries to bring it down by tackling it, but instead passes right by it as i sigh softly and swings at the air knowing i won't be able to hit the phoenix with how that went as i take the small energy increase instead which means the enchantment must've gone off. With a nod of my head i then glance towards Jomei and nods. Kick its butt for me alright.

@Jomei

#98153  BD: 5-1=4  CD:12  +1 ENG

[H:3] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 132/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:6] Hesita: 868/1065 HP l 82/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT (+15 1/3)

Phoenix: 276/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA -163

The Phoenix was quick to recover, drifting a bit away from Jomei as not to be hit by his blade yet again. "You're not getting away that easily." Jomei said, keeping up with the Pheonix's speed on the ground. The bird's yellow eyes looked down at Jomei for a moment, before it turning itself upwards as to stop on a dime, quickly spinning itself around to fly in the opposite direction towards Hestia. "Sh*t" the ginger skid to a stop, kicking up volcanic dust to the side as he slowed down and turned himself around to run in the opposite direction. "He's coming for you Hestia! Try to slow him down!" 

As the Phoenix flew over Hestia yet again, her blade merely swung at the open air. Jomei was soon to follow, jumping into the air and thrusting his rapier forward again, yet just missing. The man hit the ground with a tumble, "Dammit.." 

ID 98172| BD 3 (+4 ACC)(-2 EVA)| MD 1

[H:3] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 131/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:6] Hesita: 868/1065 HP l 81/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT Burn 1/2 [24 Dmg]  

Phoenix: 276/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

@Hestia

I look towards the bird as it charges towards me as i focus upon the opponent while it screeches loudly in indignation at the two players managing to harm it. I watch as it goes to tackle me hard into the ground as i quickly respond with cutting into the enemy swinging at it more and more as my shield then shines a yellow sickly light as the phoenix is forced onto the ground as it slowly turns into a stone statue from the paralyze. Following the myth of Medusa of those who gaze onto the head that is on the shield turns into stone. I then turn to you with a smile on my face. I did it Jomei. Time for you to knock it dead, and with the nice bonus of it being bleeded by tier 3 stuff. I say with a cheerful tone of voice as i look to you and then backs away for Jomei to strike it.

@Jomei

#98187  BD:8-1=7(nat 8=bleed/paralyze)  CD:8   -1 ENG  Bear KNock: 16 DMG-75=1 DMG

H:3] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 131/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:7] Hesita: 883/1065 HP l 80/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT Burn 1/2 [24 Dmg]  

Phoenix: 275/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (paralyze/Bleed0/2  36 Damage)[Eva removed while paralyzed]

Making another round, the Phoenix darted at Hestia yet again. This time, the girl stood strong as the avian approached. Jomei's eyes went wide, "Hestia get out of there!" he shouted, but within moments, the bird's wings froze mid-motion, and its red feathers took on a dull, earthy color. The Phoenix crashed to the ground, as if it had turned into stone mid flight. With the girl's attack, she had paralyzed it, knocking it to the ground and leaving it wide open to an attack from the ginger. "Great job! Alright, lets finish this!" he shouted, twirling his rapier in his hand and rushing forward. Despite its skin now being as hard as rock, Jomei's rapier had no problem cutting through its body, dropping its health deep into the red. "Almost finished.." 

ID 98190 | BD 10 | MD [ Paralyzed ]
Over Radiation: 14x17(+2) = 266 (-75) = 191 Dmg
[H:3] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 132/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:7] Hesita: 883/1065 HP l 80/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT 

Phoenix: 48/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (paralyze/Bleed1/2  36 Damage)[Eva removed while paralyzed] (-191)(-36)

@Hestia

I grin as i see the Phoenix drop into the red, but also have the case of it burning red as it regains its color as it flies off into the sky once more, and then turns around and tries to go for another fly by as i grin prepared once more as i see it try to tackle me into the ground against as i activate my sword art once more. Trusting the other to hope for a stun. I see the Phoenix come down towards my as i try to respond by striking at it with Rising Sun as the phoenix then flies upwards at the last second trying to make me waste energy seemingly as i glance towards you with a smile and shrug. Oh well i mean i don't have Kimi here to cover for when i fail in the paralyze duo. I say with a chuckle at the little joke that has developed that every fight is easy when Kimi and myself are from constant paralyzing.

@Jomei

#98191 BD:4-1=3  CD:8  +1 ENG

[H:7] Hesita: 883/1065 HP l 81/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT 

Phoenix: 48/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (Bleed1/2  36 Damage)

After Jomei's attack had finished, the Phoenix came back to life. Its red wings began to flail, causing Jomei to stumble backwards away from it, unintentionally letting it fly off into the air again. "Dammit, so close." he said under his breath. "Theres not much left to it, only one more attack should do it." As the flaming bird flew over Hesita's head again, the girl swung missing yet another attack. "Thats alright, I got it." the man said as he lowered himself to the ground, aiming his body as to launch correctly at the avian as it tried to escape the two. Using his Neutron sword art, the ginger shot into the air, a single thrust piercing the Phoenix's body, causing it to fall to the ground with just a sliver of its health remaining. "You've gotta be kidding me.." the man mumbled. 

ID 98205 | BD 6(+4)(-2) 8 | Neutron: 5x17 = 85(-75) = 10 Dmg | MD 6 (+2)(+1) 189(-154) 35

[H:3] Jomei: 1290/1290 HP | 121/141 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA |52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 50 B. Healing

[H:7] Hesita: 848/1065 HP l 81/102 EN l 3 DMG l 1 ACC l -1 EVA l 154 MIT (-34)

Phoenix: 0/630 HP | 189 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (Bleed0/2  36 Damage) (-54 Thorns)

@Hestia

I smile rather excitedly as i see you move in and strike at he phoenix, but to my surprise is see you hit the Phoenix only to cause very minimal damage that leaves it with barely any health left as i sigh softly and rubs the back of my head at seeing that be the case. I look towards the downed phoenix as i walk on over towards it as it tries to attack my with a last ditch effort igniting its body and wraps itself around me and then screams loudly as it burns up into nothing making me take some last bit of damage at the cost of its life. I chuckle and takes the two phoenix feathers that remain from it and hands one to you with a grin on my face, and then frowns realizing something. Well Sh*t we're still stuck with trying to find two more materials. Hopefully our luck is better since we just killed a Phoenix, and it isn't some kind of black cat phenomenon where our luck will only get worse. I say with some frustration do to how loong it took to just find three materials on there own I then glance around the field and grins as i manage to find one of them and chuckles. Seems like luck is on our side then. Jomei. One for each of us so far then.

#98206 LD:16

4/5

As Hesita walked over to observe the downed creature, it made one last attempt to take out the woman. Launching itself upwards, it latched onto Hestia's armor, letting out a piercing screech. The girl's armor, however, seemed to illuminate, and moments later, the last of the Phoenix's health had dropped, and it shattered into thousands of data fragments. The ginger chortled as he shoved his rapier back into its scabbard, "All that work.. and it ends up dying to your armor's thorns.." his head shook from side to side. He offered The noirette a smile as she handed him one of the Phoenix Feathers, though he shook his head, handing it back to the girl. "I don't need a Name tag. When we get the materials, you can keep both of them." 

ID 98207 | LD 8

4/5 Materials

I just nod my head as you don't take the nametags as i happily do so for myself figuring i can rename any unique, or demonics i somehow end up with in the future to something much better suited without much difficulty in that regard. I then look towards you with a smile on my face. So then what should we talk about to try and pass the time then Jomei? Since this could take a bit. i ask you a bit curiously as i glance over towards my familiar that seems rather happy with the outcome as he is already just laying along the ground and relaxing after having used up a good bit of energy during the fight. I then glance along the ground and finds another material and picks it up since the name tags do require these. Well if you want we can now head back towards the main settlement Jomei. We got the materials we need for the quest. I say rather happily.

#98208 LD:17

5/5

Jomei smiled as Hesita picked up the last of the materials needed for the Nametags, "That all took us so much longer than expected." Jomei said with a chuckle, "At least now we can finally head back.. I think this heat is really starting to get to me." The ginger slipped his arms out of the sleeves of his green coat, slinging the item over his shoulder. Jomei took in a deep breath through his nostril, before turning his gaze to the woman whom he walked with. "So, did you have any plans for these Name Tags? Or were you just looking to take a quest and get some experience." he said with a smirk, "There was actually an event during the summer where I picked up a couple of them." He shook his head from side to side, "It seems like it was so long ago.. before Telrenya, before HDA.. before any of this." 

I honestly don't have much plans at the moment for the nametags besides just trying to think of something that would be a good use for it. I'm unsure at the moment what it will be, but i know that i will find use for them for something. Most likely if another event happens and i win something i could use the nametags then at the very least. I say with a nod of my head as something comes back as i look towards you as we continue to walk along the path towards the main settlement. by the way what were you going to say about Erin? You started to say something, but then stopped because of the phoenix appearing. What were you goign to say it sounded rather serious? I ask rather curiously towards you  wondering what could be so important about the Erin person that it had this almost serious type of tone of voice.

Olive eyes blinked a few times when Hestia had brought up the Erin situation again. Jomei had hoped that the debacle with the Phoenix would take her mind off of what Jomei had almost brought up, though, of course, Hestia was attentive as ever. The man let out a heavy sigh, bringing a hand up to slowly rub at the nape of his neck. His smile had faded, and his eyes looked to the soot covered ground, "Well.. Erin was never actually Erin.. It was Telrenya." his green eyes met with blue when he finally spoke out about Tel's secret. "Now, before you get upset or judging her, I already spoke with her about it, and her reasoning was... understandable. It wasn't the best idea, and I out of everyone else was being lied to more. But its all over now." Jomei's mind went back to Hestia's reaction to Teion revealing her past life.. how angry she had gotten, nearly making the stoic girl cry. "Ember just.. don't get mad at her. She feels bad enough as it is. And I honestly just want this to all fade away at this point."

I raise an eyebrow at that as i look towards the ginger player at hearing what the secret about Erin is. Wait so you're telling me that she is..Tel. I say softly as i think on the voice of the two girls as i chuckle at that. Well i guess that should've been obvious if i just payed attention more to their voices i guess. I say with a nervous chuckle and shrugs a bit. Though i do wonder what her reasoning was since she put herself into danger quite a bit from the times i had met her. Going into Tartarus alone, and then trying to take a dungeon on by herself. I say with a small frown at the thought of the girl having placed herself into such danger, but knows i can't really talk to much in a scolding tone since i have done many quests solo at the start. However, none as dangerous as a dungeon comparatively.  So what was her reason Jomei? I ask the man rather curiously wanting to know the answer to that.

Jomei felt a bit of relief when he saw that Hestia was not too mad with Telrenya for her secret identity, though then again, she had claimed that she had not met Telrenya much.. so there was not much to really be angry at. Her talks of Tel getting herself into danger, however, did strike a nerve with Jomei.. not only did she try to solo a dungeon on her own.. but went into Tartarus on her own as well. What else had she done on her own while hiding behind that thin metal mask. "Hah" Jomei let out a single, triggered laugh, his tongue pressing into the side of his cheek. "I might have to have a word with her about this stuff after all.. But... then again. At least she's safe." Hestia caught onto Jomei mentioning her reasoning, so, naturally, she asked about the blonde's reasons. "Well.. I guess I feel partially to blame. She wanted to join the front lines, didn't want to feel protected and helpless anymore. But she knew that I would probably have ended up putting myself in more danger trying to keep her alive. So she thought, putting on the mask and fighting on the front lines would avoid that problem."

I chuckle as i hear your response to my news. Feeling a mixture of amusement, and pity for Tel for when she gets to talk to Jomei again. Figuring that it is going to be a interesting conversation, and one i would love to hear but sadly won't. Well as you said at least she is safe, and her reasoning at least logical which was the protection of yourself and herself. Though she could've tried to do it in a less dangerous manner of soloing things that could have the potential of killing her if she isn't careful. I say as i look towards you as i then look towards the main settlement. Figuring the duo should get back to the settlement before it gets to dark out outside for the man to enjoy spending some time with his girlfriend. I think we should head on back so you can have this conversation with Tel, or whatever you wish to do. I say as i look at the man.

"Yeah.. I wonder where she got that from.." he chuckled nervously. "I guess she picked up more from me than I thought I suppose.. Even resembles what we've heard about Beatbox too it sounds." Jomei's smile became a bit more genuine, "Well, at least she actually is stronger now.. and not only that, but we keep ourselves in a party together all the time." the man's eyes went to the blonde's health bar, which nestled nicely just under his, "So I can always make sure that she's alright." He turned his head to Hestia with a nod, "Yeah, lets head back so you can get those NameTags made up. I might talk with Tel about it.. though like I said, I can't really blame her if she picked up on any of my antics." Jomei offered Hestia another warm smile, "And thanks agian for the invite, the quest was a pain in the ass, but getting to talk with you is always enjoyable."