[F10-PP] Silence Her Screams[Wail of the Banshee] (Hestia and Kimi)

Seeing how the two attempts at attacking the banshee failed Kimi tried to think of a way around it. In the midst of the battle Kimi remembered that she recently crafted some songs that make it easier for herself as well as her companions hit an opponent. With that in mind she quickly went through her inventory for a recording crystal. "Here Ryo this will help with the fight." She said as she flashed the crystal at him. As she played it the corridor hummed with music from the recording crystal, but this wasn't something pleasant. For herself as well as those around her she didn't want to be affected this did nothing to them, but for the banshee it wailed. The banshee began to cover its ghostly ears in order to stop the song, but nothing helped. "Here now's your chance. The banshee is vulnerable." Kimi said to Hestia and Ryo in a strong tone.

Item used:

Spoiler

• Everybody's Circulation (Remix'd) 

Roll ID: 95433
Enhancements: Lullaby  2

[H: 3  ]Hestia | 898/950  75/92   MIT: 138(111+27potion=138)  3 DMG/ Thorns 28/bleed 24/ 1 ACC/ -1 EVA/ 1regen/1recovery/2xparalyze
[H: - ] Kimi | 520/520 | E 29/52 | 14 DMG | EVA 3 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 0 |
[H: 1 ] Ryo | 500/500 | 42/50 | 13 DMG | EVA 2 | Acc 3 |Mit 7

Mobs~
Undead guard 1: 0/40   DMG 120 | MIT 15 Rekt
Undead guard 2: 0/40   DMG 120 | MIT 15 Boned
Banshee:209/250 | DMG 200 | EVA 0 | MD: 9 Ignores mitigation | MD: 10 Ignores Mitigation, and Paralyses all players |

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Alright! Thanks, Kimi!" Ryo cried out as the song played. The music continued, and a status debuff appeared over the Banshee. It seemed to slow down, and move sluggishly as if tired, or weighed down by the song.  The Banshee still was focused onto Hestia, and it tried to latch onto the woman. A quick response from her,m combined with her thorns caused the banshee to retreat quickly. Ryo used the retreat to his advantage and managed to get a decent strike off on the Banshee, dropping it into the red. "Alright. Easy pickings now." Ryo said, sheathing his katana. The banshee was on its last leg, having her health enter the red. The quest was close to completion, and the Banshee had even picked up the paralyze effect from Hestia's shield. He didn't know the exact enhancements on her shield, but the Medusa shield was a dead giveaway. 

ID# 97556
BD: 11 (8+3)
Banshee MD: 9 (8+1)

Party~
[H: 3  ]Hestia | 857/950 | 81/92   MIT: 138(111+27potion=138)  3 DMG | Thorns 28 | Bleed 24 | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 1regen | 1recovery | 2xparalyze
[H: - ] Kimi | 520/520 | 30/52 | 14 DMG | EVA 3 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 0 
[H: 1 ] Ryo | 500/500 | 35/50 | 13 DMG | EVA 2 | Acc 3 | Mit 7

Mobs~
Banshee: 46/250 | DMG 200 | EVA 0 (2-2 from Lullaby) | MD: 9 Ignores mitigation | MD: 10 Ignores Mitigation, and Paralyses all players | -31 HP from Vengeful Repost | -28 Thorns | -104 Haku Senpu | 163 total Damage

I see the Banshee come towards me as i prep my sword as i feel the Banshee smack against my shield as i throw the weight off leaving her vulnerable as i strike at the banshee allowing my sword to go through her chest as both mine and the Banshee's health drops by a small amount as i then back away seeing Ryo come in and deal lots of damage once more bringing the Banshee to the brink of death. I smile at seeing the result of the attack. you're up Kimi! Knock this Banshee back to the afterlife. I call out to Kimi as i then look towards the banshee as i just grin hoping that she will be able to knock the Banshee down with her strike, and figuring that will be the case since she has the accuracy to basically not miss at this point from her debuff activating. Myself not really caring that much for doing the most damage as i just relax and just look towards the creature having my shield raised to protect myself.

Party~
[H: 3  ]Hestia | 857/950 | 81/92   MIT: 138(111+27potion=138)  3 DMG | Thorns 28 | Bleed 24 | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 1regen | 1recovery | 2xparalyze  (Riposte cooldown 0/3)
[H: - ] Kimi | 520/520 | 30/52 | 14 DMG | EVA 3 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 0 
[H: 2 ] Ryo | 500/500 | 35/50 | 13 DMG | EVA 2 | Acc 3 | Mit 7

Mobs~
Banshee: 46/250 | DMG 200 | EVA 0 (2-2 from Lullaby) | MD: 9 Ignores mitigation | MD: 10 Ignores Mitigation, and Paralyses all players | -

@Kimi

Kimi ran up to the Banshee that avoided her nearly the entirety of the fight. "Alrighty then you old hag time to un-undead you." She said being silly. The banshee finally got used to the song that Kimi played, but it still had a hard time maintaining its phased look. Kimi gathered whatever energy she had and attempted to finish off the banshee with one solid punch. As she ran towards the banshee, it seemed to try to flicker out of the way or at least move, but the effects of the song were still in effect and left her wide open. Kimi cocked her arm back and punched the banshee straight in its ghostly face making it turn to pixels and disappear. She relaxed her shoulders finally and looked back at the two of her companions and said with a satisfying sigh, "Well now... Thats out of the way and we don't get the money. Want to explore this prison or get out?" Kimi said as she dusted herself off.

ID# 97604 results:

BD: 7+3=10

Party~
[H: 3  ]Hestia | 857/950 | 81/92   MIT: 138(111+27potion=138)  3 DMG | Thorns 28 | Bleed 24 | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 1regen | 1recovery | 2xparalyze  (Riposte cooldown 0/3)
[H: - ] Kimi | 520/520 | 14/52 | 14 DMG | EVA 3 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 0 
[H: 2 ] Ryo | 500/500 | 35/50 | 13 DMG | EVA 2 | Acc 3 | Mit 7

Mobs~
Banshee: 0/250 | DMG 200 | EVA 0 (2-2 from Lullaby) | MD: 9 Ignores mitigation | MD: 10 Ignores Mitigation, and Paralyses all players | -210HP

Ryo rubbed the back of his neck as the Banshee fell to Kimi's one-liner. "Really? That's the line you went for?" Ryo asked, giving her a grin. He then tried to think of a much better line. But couldn't think of one on the spot. He snapped his fingers as one came to his mind. "You coulda said 'Hey Banshee! My fist has been dying to meet you!' and then you punch her." He said, giving out a small laugh at his own one-liner. He thought about the notion of searching the dungeon a little bit, maybe they could find some sort of treasure, but they were on the first tier of floors, loot couldn't be all that good here. "If you guys want to. I doubt we'd find anything useful for our level here." He stating his thoughts aloud to the party.

I smile rather happily at seeing Kimi end the Banshee with her punch having the fight come to a swift end after that hit. Leaving the three of them to do whatever they want as i grin as a thought comes to mind. Why don't we try to search for a dungeon on this floor? I mean Kimi is like the ultimate finder of things, so we could end up finding a dungeon on this floor. If we find one we go kill it, and if anyone has a blank map we can then save it for later for another guild dungeon clearing event. i say with a smile on my face towards the two. Knowing that with the combined might of three of us it could be possible to clear a dungeon by ourselves. But yeah honestly i would want to explore this dungeon more, so we can try to find a actual dungeon through the wonder of Kimi's powers to find chests really easily somehow. I say to the two of you.

@Kimi

"Darn, I should've used that." Kimi said towards Ryo as she tried to think of another joke to make of the Banshee. "Should've said 'see you around' as it dissipated." Kimi said in response to Ryo's joke. Kimi thought about what Hestia said with her being a 'great finder of stuff' "Well i can certainly try to look for one, but no promises." Kimi whipped out the magnifying glass that Ryo let her barrow earlier on when they went to search for the banshee lair. Some time passed as she went around examining the area, Kimi mostly just casually went down the corridor to another room where she assumed was where the banshee originally rested as there were some stone like beds lining the walls. "Well if anything there should be something in this room." Kimi said as she began searching. During her search Kimi discovered that at one of the stone beds had a button engraved into the pictures that were caved into the base of it. As she pressed it, the bed that it was connected to collapsed revealing another set of stairs leading downwards. "Look what I found guys!" Kimi said excitedly.  

ID# 97625 results:

Loot: 14+2+3+2= 21

Intermediate dungeon found

Ryo peered down the winding staircase, not liking the sound of rattling chains and spooky noises that emanated from within. "Now. I'm not saying no, but." He said, trying to come up with a good excuse as to not go into the dungeon. "We could be biting off more than we can chew. I know Kimi and I spent a lot of energy fighting the Banshee." Ryo said, wording it as best as he could. "And we could wait here for our energy to refill, sure. But do we really need the dungeon? At our level, we're way overqualified. If anything, It may be a waste of time." Ryo said, coming up with yet another excuse. Now that he thought about it, that last one made more sense. They were all way overpowered on this floor. The Banshee was supposed to be a threat, but the three of them made it quest to look like child's play.

I look down towards the dungeon with a grin at what i see. Seeing this more so as a chance of trying to gain some more EXP if the group would tackle the dungeon, but at hearing Ryo's reluctance i glance back towards him. I know we're overqualified for these quests, but that doesn't mean the dungeon is underqualified in giving us a challenge. Think back to our dungeon on floor eleven. It gave us quite a challenge as a group of players that were all tier two around that mark. If we went into this one as just a small knit group as we are we wouldn't be overqualified. if anything we would be on par with this dungeon probably. I say calmly towards the man known as Ryo. However, at the idea of this being a waste of time and that the time dedicated to doing this might not be worth the reward. That is more so something that would make sense in not doing it. I say to the purple haired fighter in a calm tone of voice.

Kimi stood there listening to both Hestia and Ryo go at why they should enter the dungeon and she felt as she had to be the tie breaker. If Kimi was honest with herself she was pretty tired to begin with despite how much fun she had going out with the two of them. That and the thought of having to go through a spoopy dungeon in a abandoned haunted prison did not strike her fancy. She thought for a moment to herself before continuing to talk, "Well if i'm going to be honest to the both of you." She said looking down the stairs and scratching her neck nervously. "Umm i'm not to fond of spoopy places and also, if we were to get loot It wouldn't be too useful for us." She really loved loot, but if it wasn't useful for her she wasn't sure what to feel.

ID# 97791 results:
Loot: 19
1 T1 Material 

Ryo stretched, letting out a small yawn. Something about this place just drained him. He was mentally exhausted, and a bit physically drained. Frankly, he just wanted to go home and rest. "Yeah. So, tier one reward, not really worth our time. Let's go elsewhere." Ryo said, leading the party away from the dungeon, ignoring it for the time being. He yawned again, covering his mouth with an open hand. "So, what do you guys do for fun? Actually, what do you guys even do?" Ryo asked the pair. He didn't really know anything about them other than Hestia was bisexual, and that Kimi was either a performer or visited one recently and that they were both guildmates of his. "I mean, I don't do much except help Pennyworth around the mansion. You gals have got to have some sort of neat stories." He said, walking backward, so he could talk to them better.

I nervously chuckle ever so slightly at being asked what i do for fun. In all honesty my time is spent doing two things. One is questing basically nonstop to try and reach high enough level to be actually useful for when a floor boss comes along. be it questing for myself, or be it helping out any and all players that i come across that could be in need of some help. I say with a smile on my face and a small shrug of my shoulders. it is that or just playing music, and creating songs that i want to do in order to try and prep for doing a concert while being stuck within this game. Since surprisingly you can create at least half decent lyrics from what we all experience during our time of being imprisoned within this game. That is all i have really done in that regard. Create the lyrics, but none of the actual musical accompaniment that is necessary for a actual song. I say to you with a shrug of my shoulders. And yeah interesting and myself haven't really mixed all that well, or at least i don't think i have a story that could count as overly interesting in any regard besides maybe almost dying to the gemini on floor six.

Ryo started to lead the group out of the dark and damp prison that they were in. Along the way Kimi placed her hands behind her head to rest while walking slowly forward with the group as they talked to kill some time, "Yeah, I basically do the same thing as Hestia. Personally I sort of just sat around waiting for this game to be finished, but that was taking too long and I got bored so why not make the difference and try making it to the front lines I told myself. Other than that I've been doing pretty well for performing, Recently ranked up and I only need one more rank to be the best performer in game." Kimi said with a bright smile as she drifted off to think up of something else to say. "Do you have any personal goal for yourself. If you don't mind me asking of course. Also who's this Pennyworth person you live with?" Kimi paused for a moment to poke some fun at Ryo, "Is he your boyfriend." She said with playfully squinting with a smug smile. 

Ryo looked down at the ground as he walked with care. Kimi asked her question pertaining to what he was wanting to do, wanting to be. But his head shot back up when she mentioned Pennyworth. Ryo broke out into spontaneous laughter, his laughter echoing throughout the hall of Tartarus. "Pennyworth? What? No, no no no no no." He said, shaking his finger at Kimi playfully. "Pennyworth is my butler. The man works harder than your average NPC." Ryo said, having some fond memories of the man. "And as for your first question. I'm going to be a hero." Ryo said, looking down at the ground as he took careful steps. "I'm going to be the man that everyone looks up to for hope. And I'm going to be the one who clears this game and saves everyone." He said proudly. "Least, that's what I hope I can end up doing." He finished.

I just look towards Ryo with a slightly amused look at hearing what he wants to do. Finding the reasoning to do so rather admirable, and the want of everyone really. To try and save everyone with their own particular talents that arrive through this game. Well i don't know about this whole hero thing Ryo, but i do hope that you end up helping us get out of this game. I say with a small shrug not really understanding this whole hero concept since not many have that mentality from what i viewed of the frontlines. Of needing some kind of hero figure up their since most seem to be independent on themselves and nothing else. Though if you do become a hero i hope you can handle the spotlight since as the old saying goes. You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain Ryo, and i would prefer not to find a way to jail you if you start letting the hero mentality go to your head.

Kimi laughed at herself as she guessed wrong with whom Pennyworth might be. "Sorry about that. I mean you got long hair and everything so I thought you might be the girl of the relationship." Kimi said jokingly as she giggled a little bit. She then nods at Ryo as she was pretty impressed with his answer of wanting to be the hero of the game. "Well shoot. Hope it works out for you and you make it through it all. We all still got a long way to go before then and we all got space to improve." After hearing Hestia respond also to his quote about being a hero Kimi jumped into it said, "Well who knows maybe i might end up turning a villain though I kinda doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if people start having doubt when they are have been in here for so long." 

Ryo scoffed. "Just because I've got long hair and you don't, doesn't give you the right to assume that I'm more feminine than you." He said as he teased the red-headed woman. "Besides, I think Pennyworth is out of my league. A man like that needs a woman who will treat him right." He said, defending his loyal butler. Ryo chuckled. "Yeah, a villain." He said half-heartedly. He had already been one of those. In every definition of the word. The number of people he lied to, cheated, stole from, betrayed, and sacrificed for his own personal gain was too great. He wondered if he would ever be able to forgive himself. He shook his head free of the thoughts that plagued it. He was already doing better. He had made friends, found love, and even joined a guild that helped him every step of the way. Or at least, what he assumed what those were. He shook his head again. "Sorry, hair was tickling me." He said, adjusting a strand of hair. Another excuse, trying to cover his troubling thoughts. He looked at Hestia as she said that she would rather not find a way to jail Ryo. He chuckled. "As would I. Let's get out of this place." He said, turning back around.

I chuckle slightly at Ryo joking about his Butler as i smile a bit at that, and just nods my head when asked to get out of here. Yeah i'm fine with getting out of here we've been in here for way to long. It would be rather nice to just get back home, and relax for a little bit. I say rather happily as i then start to make our way towards the main settlement of Yoma, and more importantly out of the prison known as Tartarus.Wondering who could end up as a villain within this world, and i just quickly get rid of such thoughts keeping positive that my friends wouldn't be anything of that sort. That the people that i care for, and have allowed myself to trust wouldn't be people who would cause misery to others for their own selfish gain. I glance around and spots my familiar flying about above us to keep a bird's eye view of the entire floor.

The trio traced their steps easily back out of the prison with little to no obstacles in the way. "Strange how there's no more mobs in our way, probably because we already slain their little boss boy the banshee." Kimi said as she glanced back down the path they took. The eeriness of the prison still was alive with ominous noises of echoing chains and howling strange winds. "I take it we're gonna split right after we get out?" Kimi said looking towards both her companions before saying, "We can try to do more quests if you're up for it. Maybe even invite one more for a bigger party." She slowed her pace as the entrance finally came into view. "I heard rumors of a pirate quest if you're interested. I always loved the idea of pirates and hell who knows. There might even be a small ship battle." Her eyes grew bright with a glow from the pirate idea as they finally exited the prison. 

Ryo crossed his hands behind his head. "Pirates huh? Sounds cool." He said, thinking of the activity. He wondered if Teion was a pirate fan, with her being an American and all of that. He bit his lip in thought as they all continued walking. "I don't know about a ship battle. Kinda don't like the ocean." He said. It was weird for him, at least in his mind. He didn't like the ocean, in fact, it kind of terrified him. And despite living in Japan, where the ocean was kind of a big deal, especially since the beach was just a short drive away. If Teion was interested in doing the quest, he had no qualms about doing it either. "I think the exit is right around here." He said, making another turn. The familiar entrance came into view as the trio came around. "And here we are. It was nice having you ladies along for the ride. Made things way easier. I'll catch you, ladies, later." Ryo said, heading back to the entrance of the teleportation plaza.