[F21 - SP] <<Nature's Treasure>>

Using Golden Key

Opening Chest: 

ID# 96859 LD:12+7=19 CD:3 4,050 Col, 8 T3 Materials, 2 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Armor/Shield

Spoiler
  • CD 1: Fished up a boss monster!
  • CD 2-3: Fished up a monster with loot minimum stats
  • CD 1-4: Nothing seems to be biting...
  • CD 5-6: 1 Material fished up!
  • CD 7-8: 2 Materials fished up!
  • CD 9-10: 3 Materials fished up!
  • CD 11: 4 Materials fished up!
  • CD 12: Treasure Chest fished up!

+1 Material on any successful fishing roll.

Loot:

4,050 Col
41 x T3 Materials
  2 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

It took another minute to uncover the lid and keyhole, but as soon as he had done so, he pulled one of the golden keys from his inventory and held it to the lock. It shattered into golden dust with a light tinkling of metal, and the lock popped open. With a soft creak, the lid opened just a crack on its own and a dialog box appeared, listing the contents of the box.

"Some col, a solid chunk of materials, thankfully not fish, a few consumables, and a suit of armor," he repeated aloud. "Perfect quality, too. Not a bad haul!"

He closed the lid and stepped back, watching the chest's durability drop to zero now that it was empty, and the whole thing vanished in shards of pale light. The remainder of the rubble slumped inward to fill the space. With a nod, Shield returned to the water's edge.

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishing:

ID# 96860 results: Craft: 10 - 3 Materials + 1

Spoiler

Loot:

4,050 Col
45 x T3 Materials
  2 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

"I'd say that's enough of a break for now," he said to the little snake that had followed behind him. She slithered up his leg, wrapping herself around for grip as she ascended the tank. "Alright," he said with a sigh. "But I'm about to start fishing again, and you're not going to like that."

She stared back, flicking her tongue defiantly at him before continuing her ascent. He cast out his line and Lilith made her way to his free hand, twining between his fingers with soft hissing sounds, entirely content in the moment. Unfortunately for her little slither session, the line grew taut and his pole bowed. He ditched the snake onto his shoulder and began reeling with the hand she had occupied. It was not a small nor easily recovered hail of fish, but as he finally dragged them to shore, he took an inventory of his haul so far.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96863 results: Craft: 1 - Nothing

Spoiler

Loot:

4,050 Col
48 x T3 Materials
  2 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

"Good night!" he exclaimed, adding everything up just to be certain. "I've almost made back what Macradon bought off of me the other day, and it took me months to gather all of that! I have a strong feeling that these spots are going to be fished out before too terribly long..."

He closed his loot counter, shaking his head at the sheer number of materials he had managed to find in so little time. Casting his line out again, he sat back against a nearby stalagmite. As he did so, his mind began wandering once again. He felt as if there wasn't much left to mull over regarding the ascendants. The situation was messy at the moment, and it was going to be what it was going to be, at least for a while.

As he sat, he felt as if there was something else that he had been avoiding thinking about. By nature of him having avoided it, he was having trouble coming up with exactly what it was.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96864 results: Craft: 10 - 3 Materials + 1

Spoiler

Loot:

4,050 Col
52 x T3 Materials
  2 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

Before he could come up with the thoughts that were eluding him, he felt another jerk on his line, and he had to put his thoughts on hold to wrestle in another Russian Nesting Doll of fish that was four fish deep this time. By the end of it, he was grateful once again for pain not being an issue in Sword Art Online. Otherwise, his arms would be aching from their efforts of fighting monstrously sized fish.

"Now... where was I?" he thought aloud. "There was the boss fight, the labyrinth search with no labyrinth, there was the fallout with Hik and Jonathan, there was the dance-"

Suddenly, Shield remembered something from the dance - something that had turned his stomach upside-down: The arrival of Calypso to the little knot of players with whom he had been talking. He groaned out loud, wishing he could put that thought back into the comfortable ambiguity of 'something he had been avoiding thinking about.'

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96865 results: Craft: 7 - 2 Materials + 1

Spoiler

Loot:

4,050 Col
55 x T3 Materials
  2 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

Thankfully, he was interrupted by another bite on his line. It was a medium sized haul, and unfortunately, the fight to bring them in was not long or difficult enough to make him forget the thought that had popped into his head. He stored the extra fishes, and sighed heavily, settling back against the stalagmite.

"Okay, brain," he groaned. "What's going on inside of you this time?"

For the life of him, he couldn't make sense of it. The evening had been torture already. Why was the arrival of one more player so upsetting, especially one he had not known particularly long.

Is that what it is? I was just embarrassed because I was being mocked in front of someone new? Was it because I knew it would be difficult to explain to her later? No, it's not that. It's going to be even more difficult to explain to people I DO know well.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96866 results: Craft: 5 - 1 Material + 1

Spoiler

Loot:

4,050 Col
57 x T3 Materials
  2 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

There came another bite on the line. Unfortunately, it did not increase in strength very much as he reeled it in, so there was no real hope of being distracted and conveniently forgetting what he was thinking about. He even tried to let the fish get some extra distance on him part way back to hopefully pick up even larger fish, but it was a pointless effort, and he finally just reeled in his catch.

Okay... so if it wasn't the explanation, then what? I know that she's a particularly practical person... that she has a little bit of pride that can cloud her judgment on occasion... but that doesn't really have much to do with any of that.

He traced through their time questing together to try to piece the puzzle together, hoping a memory might shed some light onto it. He racked his brain, but there was nothing in their memories together that made him feel that same way. He had always been fairly comfortable around her.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96867 results: Craft: 12 - Chest Found!

Spoiler

Loot:

4,050 Col
57 x T3 Materials
  2 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

He continued casting and reeling as he struggled to make sense of it. All he knew so far was that he had been extremely uncomfortable then, so much so that it was uncomfortable now just to drag the memory out in order to analyze it. He cast out again, but as he went to reel in the line, it snagged. It was definitely a snag, because despite the difficulty to reel in whatever it was, it was not fighting him or pulling away. It was just resisting the force of his pulling.

"What could-" he started to think aloud before he remembered the last time he had seen someone fish. "Wait! Ruby found a chest not long after we met up before!"

He began hauling and reeling frantically, eager to see if he had managed the same feat. Sure enough, as something broke the surface of the water near the shore, it was not a fish, nor was it remotely alive. It was wooden, and had a convex, semi-cylindrical lid. It was another chest.

Edited by Shield

Using Golden Key

Opening Chest:

ID# 96869 LD:6+7=13 CD:7 2,700 Col, 5 T3 Materials, 2 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Rare Weapon

Spoiler

Loot:

6,750 Col
62 x T3 Materials
  4 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

This was easily the quickest turnaround he had ever had on chests while solo farming. He heaved and managed to get the thing partially onto land. He nodded to himself, grabbing the nearest handle and hauling it the rest of the way out of the water. Once it was safely on land, he pulled out yet another golden key and held it in front of the lock. As before, it burst into dust and the lid popped part-way open.

"Let's see here... Again, Col and materials, two consumables, and a weapon," he read to himself. "Well, I would have rather found more armor, but I suppose you can't win them all."

He dismissed the dialog box and watched as the chest shattered like the one before it. Returning to his sitting spot, he settled back in against the stalagmite and threw his line out again. He considered packing it in, but for now, it was too profitable to keep going for him to consider giving up.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96870 results: Craft: 3 - Nothing

Spoiler

Loot:

6,750 Col
62 x T3 Materials
  4 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

"...so why?" he found himself asking again. "I'm usually pretty good at keeping my emotions in check. I had been putting on a brave face then, but then suddenly..." he mimed breaking an invisible egg against the ground. "I cracked. I made a complete fool of myself." He threw his head back against the stalagmite, then again, trying to make sense of the situation when there did not seem to be any sense to be had. 

What odd effect does that woman have on me that nobody else really seems to have?

Those words tasted odd in his mouth. He had tasted them before, or at least something like it, though he could not at first remember when. It was a good sign though. This might be the key to unraveling the mystery if he could only drag whatever memory that was out in the open.

"Come on... think, dammit!"

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96871 results: Craft: 2 - Nothing

Spoiler

Loot:

6,750 Col
62 x T3 Materials
  4 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

He tried rolling the words across his tongue, mouthing them noiselessly into the dim luminescence of the cavern. He played with the words, seeing if just the right combination would summon the memory, like an incantation.

"What odd effect does that woman seem to have on me? ...what odd effect does that woman... No. Why does that woman effect me so?"

"Why does she do this to me?" he whispered into the cool, dank air of the cavern. Suddenly, he could see himself, curled up on the kitchen floor, his hand covered in blood, and the thin line that would become his scar afire with intense, burning pain. The sounds of squealing tires told him that his wife- no... she was his ex wife now... but in the memory, they were still married - had left with the kids.

"But that can't be it," he thought aloud, banishing the memory from his mind with a shudder. "She had an effect on me because we were married."

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96873 results: Craft: 12 - Chest Found!

Spoiler

Loot:

6,750 Col
62 x T3 Materials
  4 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

He felt something move in his lap. Looking down, his eyes met with those of his familiar, calmly coiled in his lap and staring up at him. "Well, it's not," he repeated, this time to Lilith rather than just the air. "Callie and I aren't involved, so that's not why she-" As he spoke, Lilith flicked her tongue, her expressionless eyes continuing to stare up at him. "...ohhhh no," he objected. "No. That is not it. I do not have time in my life for a love interest, so if you think that's what's going on here-"

Lilith flicked her tongue again. Shield rolled his eyes and mimicked her tongue flick in a mocking manner. "Smart-ass snake..."

Before he had time to come back at Lilith with a scathing remark, he began winding in his reel once again, only to have his line snag once again. He sat upright, tugging again to confirm it. "Ha! I found another one!"

Edited by Shield

Using Golden Key

Opening Chest:

ID# 96874 LD:1+7=8 CD:3 2,025 Col, 3 T3 Materials, 2 T3 Rare Consumables

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
65 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

Shield reeled with the whole strength of his body, feeling in his hands how the chest had to drag along the bottom, bumping and scraping the whole way until it finally began to crest out of the surface of the water. Once near enough to the shore to grip, he hauled it the rest of the way up onto land and fished out yet another golden key.

"I'm going to need to start stocking up on these things," he mused aloud, holding the key in front of the lock. The key dissolved, and the lid popped open, presenting its typical dialog box. Shield studied the contents and frowned slightly. "No real equipment. I guess I'll make the most of the consumables then."

He banished the dialog box and watched as the chest was depleted and burst into nothing. He was now nearly even with the amount of materials that he had sold. He began to wonder about whether he should lower the prices on third tier materials. "At this rate, I'm going to have way more than I need."

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96875 results: Craft: 2 - Nothing

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
65 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

He settled back into his spot against the stone formation, and once again, Lilith slithered into his lap. Shield avoided looking at her as he cast his line again. He had put the previous conversation out of mind, but the little colorful bush viper continued staring up at him, flicking her tongue as she sat judging him. He avoided her gaze, continuing to cast and reel in his line.

"Smart-ass snake," he repeated under his breath.

The spot seemed to be a good deal less generous now after so many fish and two chests. After several more minutes of unproductive casting, he decided it was best to find a new spot. He stood and stretched his legs, picking up Lilith and steering her back into his sleeve. She avoided it at first, turning her snout in either direction to keep from being railroaded into his garment, but after the third time, she huffily pushed her face into the cuff of his sleeve, slithering her way slowly inside.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96876 results: Craft: 3 - Nothing

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
65 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

He made his way around the shore, continuing in the clockwise path he had followed since arriving. He had made three quarters of a circuit now around the little lake. Every ten yards or so, he would pause and cast again, reeling in his line until it was all the way back to shore. Then, he would move another length of shoreline and cast again. It was slow going, but the half of the lake he had been fishing seemed to have been fished out for the time being, so he needed to keep moving.

"They said the refresh rates are quicker around here, but apparently not THAT quick," he grumbled, pulling in his line and making yet another clockwise trek.

The thought occurred to him once again to simply call it a day. He had found a few pieces of equipment, not to mention some consumables and enough materials to keep Beat crafting for months. If he decided to take up crafting again.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96877 results: Craft: 11 - 4 Materials + 1

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
70 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

"Alright," he said to himself. "One more cast. If I don't find anything, we pack up and head home," he added, saying the last little but to his sleeve. Lilith remained motionless, coiled around his forearm. She seemed to be pouting over having to go back inside. "Oh, get over it."

He threw his line out, but before it had even landed, a fish jumped out of the water and caught it midair. Shield didn't even have time to start reeling before he saw another commotion in the water, and his line began feeding out at an alarming rate. He caught the reel, but as soon as he began to wind it back, the line locked with the force of yet another fish pulling. At this rate, he knew there was bound to be another. He found another stalagmite and wrapped half a coil around it before another yank told him he had just beaten the clock.

Heaving, releasing, and quickly winding in the slack, he fought yet another leviathan to the shore.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96878 results: Craft: 10 - 3 Materials + 1

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
74 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

"I suppose we're back in business for a while," he said to Lilith. She continued to give him the silent treatment. He ignored her, casting his line out once again.

He got a bite, though this time, the fish had been polite enough to wait until his hook hit the water. There was yet another rapid-fire feast of fish upon fish, though not nearly as potent as the one before. He hauled them in with relative ease, if nothing else just from the practice of having done so this many times already. He was not over the total of materials that he had had before Macradon's purchase. That was saying quite a bit, as he had bought almost half of what he had been saving up for months.

Now, he found himself sitting on a hoard even larger than before, almost half of which now consisted of nothing but fish.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96879 results: Craft: 7 - 2 Materials + 1

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
77 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

His next cast was again successful, but like the one before it, it yielded one fewer fish than the one before it. He was wondering whether he should consider moving yet again when he realized that he was almost right back to where he had started. There was a very good chance that, in the process of moving and fishing, he had completely fished the area out.

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised," he thought aloud, sitting back against the stone spire behind him. "I've fished about fifty fish out of here by now. Any more than that, and it would be more effective to just run a net through the water than actually cast lines out there. I wonder if that's something that Beat and I could experiment with in the future... casting nets instead of lines."

He squirreled that thought away. It might prove useful, but for now, he would have to convince Beat to take up the fishing skill as well. Though with this haul, i wouldn't be hard.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96881 results: Craft: 5 - 1 Material + 1

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
79 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

Shield cast out once again, but now that he had begun to deplete the current spot as well, it took a little time for anything to bite. He reeled in the line, this time with far less resistance than on his previous two casts, to find only two fish. It was the least amount that it seemed possible to catch in this spot. By his best guess, if he had gone to other places around the floor or on the floor above, he would be pulling fish in one at a time on occasion or finding the occasional monster fish. Fortunately, that was not the case here.

"It seems as if the info brokers were accurate in that regard," he said to Lilith. "I suppose I should make sure to tell them that their information has held true so far."

He packed the fish into his inventory and cast out once again.

Edited by Shield

Fishing:

ID# 96882 results: Craft: 4 - Nothing

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
79 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

The next time he cast, he did not catch anything. Nor did he the cast after that. Over and over again, he threw out his line and it always came back empty. He tried migrating down the shore a ways, but that brought him to the spot where he had begun, and it was just as depleted as the last spot.

"Well, Lilith, looks like we've found about all we're going to find," he sighed, packing up his rod and tackle into his inventory before stretching and taking a glance around the surface of the lake, which had calmed considerably since the fish had stopped biting and thus thrashing against his line. "What do you say? One last chest hunt couldn't hurt anything."

There was no response from his sleeve. She was either pouting or else had opted to take a nap. Either way, she hadn't objected, and he likely would have ignored her if she had.

Edited by Shield

Chest Search:

ID# 96883 results: Loot: 18+11=29 - Chest Found!

Spoiler

Loot:

8,775 Col
79 x T3 Materials
  6 x T3 Rare Consumables
  1 x T3 Rare Weapon
  1 x T3 Perfect Armor

This was a much simpler endeavor than having to fish for his loot, though it was slower and more methodical. He paced his way back and forth between shore and cavern wall as before, making slow, steady passes with his hand raised towards his ear and his eyes trained on his palm to spot any glow cast from his Seeking Aura earring.

When he had made his way all the way back, he continued back down the path from which he had come, sweeping the tunnel all the way along until it came to a fork. The left branch was the way from which he had come, leading back to Tomoika. However, there at the crossroads, he saw the faintest glow on his palm. He took the other fork, following it to a dead end with a torch hanging off of the wall. Since the passages of this floor were lit entirely by crystal and glowing fungi, to a trained eye, torches were dead giveaways. He pulled on the torch bracket, and the wall slid away to reveal another chest.

Edited by Shield