<<Bane of Blood>>
Recommended Level: 35
Repeatable only for "Bane of Blood" | Party Limit: 4
Credit Goes to: Morgenstern

Rewards:

• 3 SP
  • 5000 Col
  • 15 T3 Materials
  • Last Hit Drop: Bane Of Blood - Vial of blood received from <"Blood Bane". Upon Consumption, the Player will regenerate 15 HP per turn for the rest of the thread. 

Requirements:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts)
  • Must defeat 2 "Warg Wolves" per player before challenging "Blood Bane"
  • Must defeat "Blood Bane" and 3 "Warg Wolves" in the same fight.

Summary:

Word has been received that upon the fifteenth floor, a new more vicious wolf alpha has been terrorizing travelers and merchants. Bulletins of the beast are posted on exits to the city. Many merchants are fearful to travel around, and the city is becoming more afraid of not being able to get the supplies they need. Towns have gathered col and a few other rewards for the person or party who hunts down these powerful beasts and returns for the reward alive. 

Outline:

Image result for wary wolf ff12
<< Warg Wolves >>
Statistics:
HP: 500
DMG: 175
MIT: 20
ACC: 2
EVA: 1
Abilities:
<< Sonic Fangs >> : Many Rapid Bites inflicted on the Player with the most hate. Deals 225 DMG on CD:10+
<< Protect the Alpha! >> : Warg Wolves place themselves in a position to protect their leader. <<BloodBane>> [if present] may not be targeted or hit while at least 1 <<Warg Wolf>> still lives. 

nERB8Lv.png

<< Blood Bane >>
Statistics:
HP: 1250
DMG: 225
MIT: 50
ACC: 3
EVA: 0
Abilities:
<< Fenrir Fang >> : Blood Bane bites the player with the highest hate with magnificent force. Deals 200 Mitigatable DMG and Leaves a 2 Turn Bleed of 36 DMG on a attack roll of 9-10.
<< Call to Hunt >> : Blood Bane creates a howl that rips through the battlefield and invigorates itself and its allies.  Raises all enemies DMG and MIT by 25 for 2 turns on a CD rolls of 10-12. Has a cool down of 2 turns, does not stack.
<< Feast of Blood >> : Blood Bane consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.

Crafting Items:

T3 Perfect Mitigation Food [-5 T3 Materials]
T1 Perfect Loot Die Food    [-5 T1 Materials]
T1 Perfect Prosperity Food [-5 T1 Materials]

Buying from stock: Immolation Potion +2, Field Rations +2 [-1800 Col]

Consuming all of the above

Shield had been spending a lot of time in his shop thumbing through pages upon pages of new information gathered from various information brokers regarding the new quests. There was one, however, that had caught his eye. He widened the display, scanning the details more carefully. A group of powerful wolves had been spotted a number of times up on the fifteenth floor. Apparently, they were reported to have powerful bleed attacks that had caused some players to retreat from the combat entirely.

There were a number of players that he knew who would be willing to adventure with him, but many were not hardy enough to handle the situation if something unexpected arose. Until he knew the quest more thoroughly, he would need to rely on tough allies. He opened a blank message and penned a missive to a fellow front-line tank."

" @Calrex,

I think it's about time we went for another round of questing. There's a lot of new content out there, and not many players who I know can handle it. How do you feel about hunting down some wolves on floor 15 with me?

-Shield"

With that sent, he made his way to the kitchen, kicking on the stove and crafting up a meal for himself to be able to make the best of the trip. If he was going to bust out the Nemean Fur, he would have to leave one of his heavy armors out of the mix, which meant sacrificing some Thorns damage. He set aside a top tier Immolation Potion and a similarly potent Field Ration to supplement his build as his food was just finishing up. Once everything was prepared, he consumed each of the items, keeping an eye on his messages for a reply.

Shield - HP: 1550/1550 | EP: 134/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 3 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | BCT | TNT

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Calrex - HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 170/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

It wasn't long after Calrex had received the message that had begun to make his way to the fifteenth floor. If he was being honest with himself, he wasn't really doing too much at the moment. Participating in the raids was the main thing he was doing that was considered social, and that was about the extent of his time. With past events that had transpired, his mind was basically going along with whatever transpired, and he had yet to snap himself back into action.

With a stretch of his forearms upon arrival in the safe zone the bluenette swiped on his menu to prepare himself. Recently thinking about the way he had built himself, it seemed that with the amount of damage that the creatures were dealing out, there wasn't much purpose for him to bear a shield other than to trigger Safe Guard. However, with Shield as his companion for the quest, there wasn't a need for that, so he opted for a more offensive array of gear. The Grand Gauntlets III were already surrounding his forearms, which left the Grand Chariot III and Tide Pendant.

His human form was encapsulated by the armored plate of the dark blue protective gear, with the light blue slits that indicate his eyes being the only real representation of a face beneath. With one last retrieval from his menu, the Ultramarine Knight crushed a Safeguard Potion in his hand, seeing the brief flash of the protective aura surrounding his avatar.

Arriving at the plaza area that would seem like a suitable location to wait for the rendezvous Calrex replied to the message.

" @Shield

Sounds good to me. I just arrived on the fifteenth floor in the main plaza for the safe zone. See you here.

- Calrex"

Action: Howl [-10 EN]

[H:5]Shield - HP: 1526/1550 | EP: 124/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 3 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | BCT | TNT
[H:0/0/0/0] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 170/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 455/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - 
ID# 96955 results: Craft: 5 [No Recovery] MOB: 3 [+2+1=6 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 45 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 455/500DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 96956 results: Craft: 11 [Sonic Fangs] MOB: 3 [+2+1=6 - Hit! 225-214=11 dmg - THN: 45 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 500/500DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 96957 results: MOB: 2 [+2+1=5 - Miss]
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 500/500DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 96958 results: Craft: 12 [Sonic Fangs] MOB: 9 [+2+1=12 - Hit! 225+1-214=12 dmg]
<<Sonic Fang:  [CD 10+: 225]>>

Shield took note of the meeting spot and set out to rendez vouz. It had been a long time since the two had been able to put their drive to a task. Though they were not necessarily close, Shield had missed it. He found a heavily armored figure on the plaza upon his arrival, and despite being unable to see the face of the player beneath it, one who knew Calrex and his particular style could easily put blue and blue together.

He approached the fellow tank, or so other front liners referred to him, despite the fact that he was fully capable of a number of roles, and he raised his hand in greeting. "It's been a while," he observed. "Saw you at the Tesseleth fight, but there wasn't much time for pleasantries. How have you been?"

Shield led the way as they walked, following the leads that the brokers had dropped for him. As the floor stretched out ahead of them, Shield thought he could hear the distant sound of howling. He nodded, confirming in his head the bread crumbs they had been sent to follow. "Sounds like we're headed the right direction."

The further they strayed from Kachiro, the thicker the woods became, as did the fog that constantly clung to the ground. Out of the corner of his eyes, Shield would occasionally catch a stray movement, or he might hear a sound like thickly padded paws on dry earth. They came upon a clearing where the fog was not quite as dense, but as soon as Shield was out in the open, he heard another howl go up from the trees opposite them, much closer than before.

Four fanged beasts leaped from the trees, surrounding the players. Their hackles were raised, and their jowls were curled back in a snarl, exposing their long, pointed canines. Shield smirked a little to himself. "You know, I've always wanted to do this." He drew in a deep breath, but rather than bantering some situationally appropriate insult to evoke his enemies' ire, he tossed back his head and let out a howl of his own. Fangs and fur went into a frenzy at the provocation, and three of the four sets of teeth clamped onto him, shaking their jaws hard. Shield bore the attacks, holding his ground under their combined weight and force.

"Show them who they're messing with, Cal!"

Edited by Shield

ID: 96960
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +4/Evasion -1) = 6
Sword Art <<All Might>> + <<Charge>> (-17 Energy)
18+5 * 15 - 20 = 325 Damage (Bull Rush Activated)

Seeing the fellow tank player appear Calrex gave a calm smile beneath the expressionless mask that was his helmet, "Not too bad. Can't say much has changed on my part since we last chatted, heh. Course I also haven't been really out and about as before, although I guess with the newly discovered quests I've got some more things to take care of while waiting for the next floor raid."

Following the man who had accepted the quest the bluenette kept his head slowly moving left and right to make sure they weren't caught off guard by any potential ambushing monsters. However, with their combined level it seemed unlikely that any of the creatures of the fifteenth floor were going to actively engage them in combat, which brought them a brief respite before their battles to come.

Giving a smirk as Shield, instead of opting for making a quick remark at the creatures, decided to use his Howl skill to actually roar at the monsters. As they took their chances to strike at the heavily armored player the Ultramarine Knight wrapped his left hand around his right wrist, loosening up his digital muscles for his next strike.

Right on cue he lowered his stance, charging <<All Might>> to maximum strength as he also triggered <<Charge>>, shooting himself forward like a bullet before his fist smashed into the first wolf's jaw, sending it flying back, stunned and nearly dead from the opening strike, "This what you meant?"

Spoiler

[H:0] @Shield - HP: 1526/1550 | EP: 134/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 3 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | BCT | TNT
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 153/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 130/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (Stunned)

<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 455/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 500/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 500/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+77 HP] Recovery [+3 EN]

Action: Energize > Calrex [Shield: -10 EN, Calrex: +8 EN]

[H:5] Shield - HP: 1535/1550 | EP: 118/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 3 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | BCT | TNT
[H:1/0/0/0] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 161/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 130/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (Stunned)

<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 455/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 -  ID# 96969 results: Craft: 6 [Recovery Proc] MOB: 10 [+2+1=13 - Hit! 175+2-214=1 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 455/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 -  ID# 96970 results: MOB: 7 [+2+1=10 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 45 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 500/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 -  ID# 96971 results: Craft: 10 [Sonic Fangs] MOB: 10 [+2+1=13 - Hit! 225+2-214=13 dmg]

"Well, something like that," Shield replied. "Though it's less fun if you stun them. Then they can't hurt themselves when they attack me."

Shield held out his sword, ignoring the wolves that tore at his body, causing him wounds that healed themselves as soon as the damage was dealt. He focused his attention at the tip, and there formed there a ball of pale blue light. "Cal, catch!" he barked, swinging his word and launching the ball of energy at Calrex. His own energy dipped as Calrex's recovered somewhat from the costly martial arts attack.

"Don't worry about that first one," Shield said. "He could easily die by thorns by the time you get around to killing him. Focus on the ones that are up and if need be, a good tornado kick ought to finish them off."

He was sure he didn't need to tell Cal how to do his job, but he had seen quite a few players who preferred to take out individuals first to limit damage on the field. Normally, that might be wise, but when the worst damage that these creatures could do was not enough to stick, it was usually faster just to let the weak ones do themselves in and take out the healthy ones.

Edited by Shield

ID: 96986
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -1) = 10
Sword Art <<All Might>> + <<Charge>> (-17 Energy / +1 Passive Regen)
18+5 * 15 - 20 = 325 Damage

Nodding as Shield gave him some quick targeting instructions, the bluenette clenched his right hand into a fist once again as All Might's energy returned to surround his fist. He figured as much that Shield, taking a role that didn't require much in terms of engagement other than attracting the monster's attention, had the flexibility to quickly observe and make good tactical calls. Adding to that the tank had worked a lot with Beat, another fellow Martial Arts user, which meant Shield likely had familiarity with the techniques they can use.

"Got it, I'll get the next one for now. Just keep them busy as usual!"

Rushing forward his punch connected with the second wolf's face, sending it reeling as it dropped below half health. With his maximized accuracy due to his skill mod and Roc's fully evolved familiar skill, it was making consistently hitting their enemies a lot easier than before.

"Just got to keep nailing them with these punches for now. Hopefully Shield's Thorns will be able to take them out when they drop low enough in health. I can definitely throw a tornado kick out if necessary, but I do remember some changes had suddenly happened where we can't consistently hi with our AOE Sword Arts anymore. Better be cautious of that."

Spoiler

[H:5] @ShieldHP: 1535/1550 | EP: 115/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 3 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | BCT | TNT
[H:1/1/0/0] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 145/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 130/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 130/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 455/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 500/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+77 HP] Recovery [+6 EN]

Action: Swapping Gear [Nemean Fur -Blood Clot > Spirit Spines +3 Recovery +54 Thorns]

[H:5]  HP: 1536/1550 | EP: 115/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
[H:1/1/0/0] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 145/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 31/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - 
ID# 96992 results: Craft: 12 [Recovery Proc - Sonic Fangs] MOB: 7 [+2+1=10 - Hit! 225-214=11 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 31/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 96993 results: MOB: 6 [+2+1=9 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 356/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 96994 results: MOB: 8 [+2+1=11 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 96995 results: MOB: 3 [+2+1=6 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

Having seen the worst of what the wolves could do, Shield made up his mind to change tack. He shook the canines off of himself and swiped through his menus, quickly swapping out the Nemean Fur light armor for the Spirit Spines heavy armor to pair with his Spirit Plate.

"There we go," he said, stretching his arms in his familiar armor setup. This was his go to arrangement of items, but he had foregone the extra thorns for the sake of defense. He took a moment to glance over the slavering creatures, the four of them having taken to slowly circling him, as if looking for a weakness. "I had heard these things can cause a lot of bleed damage, but so far we haven't seen anything serious out of them. This should help bring them to heel a little quicker."

Seemingly as if to just prove his point, the wolves rallied around him once again, biting at any piece of him they could reach. Their health gauges dropped considerably more now with his full thorns build active. He gave a nod. "I'll save the Nemean Fur for an emergency. For now, this should do just fine. They should drop about twice as fast now."

Edited by Shield

ID: 96998
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -1) = 6

"Sounds good to me. I'd rather get this smaller furballs out of the way and get to whatever the field boss is supposed to be. Hopefully I'll not need to recover any energy beforehand. Hopefully they don't decide to inflict any lasting wounds."

As Shield took a moment to switch out his gear Calrex continued to make his way through the pack, his right hand already glowing once again with the power of All Might before he launched himself at the third wolf, one of the two that had remained untouched from his assault. It only took a moment for him to close the distance before his third Charge powered punch struck across the creature's head, sending it back and forcing it to pause for collecting itself.

Sliding to a stop the Ultramarine Knight turned to face the final wolf he had not attacked just yet. It's health bar was still near max, but if the previous three were any indicator, it wasn't going to remain that way for long. "The main thing is that I keep up my attacks. My accuracy is about as high as I can push it, but there's still the chance I can miss with these more agile creatures. Need to make sure my strikes are still on target."

Spoiler

[H:5] @Shield HP: 1536/1550 | EP: 115/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
[H:1/1/1/0] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 128/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 31/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 31/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 31/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+77 HP] Recovery [+6 EN]

Action: Energize > Calrex [Shield: -10 EN, Calrex: +8 EN]

[H:5] Shield HP: 1550/1550 | EP: 104/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 136/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 31/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - 
ID# 97052 results: Craft: 1 [No Recovery] MOB: 10 [+2+1=14 - Hit! 175+2-214=1 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 ID# 97053 results: MOB: 5 [+2+1=8 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1ID# 97054 results: Craft: 10 [Sonic Fangs] MOB: 4 [+2+1=7 - Hit! 255-214=11 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 ID# 97055 results: MOB: 10 [+2+1=14 - Hit! 175+2-214=1 dmg]

"Exactly," Shield shouted over the chorus of snarling that had surrounded him. His sword arm flicked towards Calrex, sending him more energy to fuel his fists. The jaws that had managed to hold fast to him released their grips as the third punch victim returned to the pack. Apparently, they had decided that holding still and waiting to be mowed down by Calrex's strikes was not an effective way to go about this fight.

Their attack patterns became erratic, dancing back just out of reach of either player and lunging at Shield when they were in a position advantageous to do so. It proved somewhat effective. two of them managed to get in bites on the back of Shield's neck where his armor could not deal its thorns damage. However, two unfortunate whelps went to attack and did not survive the experience, shattering into shards of light as soon as they sank their fangs into Shield's arm and leg.

Angered by the death of its pack-mates, the healthier of the remaining two wolves made a dive at Shield. He brought up his Manticore Mask shield, jamming it width-wise into its mouth. He stepped into the beast's center of mass, forcing it to rear up. With a turn of his shoulders, he threw the creature back, creating a little extra distance for Calrex's final charge.

"All yours!" he chimed, stepping back to prepare for what was hopefully the last attack the wolves would get.

Edited by Shield

ID: 97075
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -1) = 9
Sword Art <<All Might>> + <<Charge>> (-17 Energy / +1 Passive Energy Regen)

"Got it!"

As Shield hurled the last healthy wolf far enough away Calrex was already rushing towards it, right arm pulled back and glowing with his Sword Art for the fourth time this battle. All Might glowed with a radiant blue hue as the bluenette shot forward once again, closing the distance in a split second before his fist smashed into the creature's face, sending it rolling back from the massive amount of damage in comparison to its health. It struggled to get back to its feet, and with a snarl seemed to turn and face the tankier player of the two, meaning that Shield still held the highest Hate.

"Good, if both manage to gain a hit on Shield, they'll both likely go down from the hit. If they miss, then I'll see if my Tornado Kick should be able to finish them off so that we can continue moving towards the big boss we need to fight to clear this quest."

Preparing for his next opportunity to strike Calrex crouched down, moving into the stance needed to trigger his next intended Sword Art.

Spoiler

[H:5] @Shield HP: 1550/1550 | EP: 104/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
[H:1/1/1/1] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 119/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 31/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1-
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 76/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

[H:5] Shield HP: 1538/1550 | EP: 101/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
[H:1/1/1/1] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 127/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 0/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
ID# 97078 results: Craft: 10 [Recovery - Sonic Fangs] MOB: 4 [+2+1=7 - Hit! 255-214=11 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 4> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1ID# 97079 results: MOB: 4 [+2+1=7 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

With both wolves still targeting him, it was only a matter of time. If they didn't finish themselves off, Cal would. Shield swung his sword, hurling the light that he had been gathering at its tip which replenished Calrex's energy. As soon as he had launched his delivery, first one and then the other of the remaining wolves latched onto his thighs, immediately shattering into nothing as soon as their damage had been dealt.

Shield sighed and straightened up, turning to give Calrex a short nod. "That definitely could have gone a lot worse," he said, extending his fist for a congratulatory tap. "From what the brokers have said, you typically only run into one pack of wargs before you find the big boss. That means we're likely pretty close."

The quest was going about as smoothly as he could have hoped. If they stayed on target like this, there might even be time to pop up to the twenty first floor for some chest hunting. It was one of the more lucrative ways Shield had found to pass the time while delving into the depths of the mines up there. It couldn't hurt to at least look.

Edited by Shield

(1 Turn Out of Combat / 1 Energy Recovered)

As the remaining wolves took their final attempt at an attack on Shield Calrex relaxed his combat stance, lowering his arms to his sides while looking forward to see their foes burst into crystals as a result of his teammate's reactive defense enhancements. Not a big surprise there, as of all of the people he had met in the past the only other person that was on par of better than the tank player in front of him was Tristan, who had also wielded a Thorns-based array of gear. "Even now I think he's still a much better tank than I am, especially with Achilles in its initial form. However, I still don't think there's any chance of him returning to the frontlines, especially with the way the Azure Brigade was brought to its retirement."

"Yeah, I was almost expecting something worse to happen. But I guess for this floor it's not too far out in left field to think we're far over the minimum level cap for it. At least we'll be able to finish it off soon and reap the rewards for completing it for the first time."

"My Safeguard wasn't even provoked in that last fight, so I still have it for use in the next one. Guess that's a good sign in case I happen to somehow surpass Shield's Hate level mid-fight. I highly doubt that's going to happen, but I guess there's always the chance.

HP: Full (Safeguarded)
EN: 128/170

@Shield

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+77 HP] Recovery [+0 EN]

Action: How l-10 EN]

[H:5] Shield HP: 1524/1550 | EP: 92/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 128/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 401/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 97292 results: Craft: 4 [No Recovery] MOB: 5 [+2+1=8 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 500/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 97293 results: Craft: 12 [Sonic Fangs] MOB: 10 [+2+1=13 - Hit! 225+2-214=13 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 97294 results: MOB: 7 [+2+1=10 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

<< Blood Bane >> HP: 1151/1250DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 - ID# 97295 results: MOB: 6 [+3+1=10 - Hit! 225-214=11 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

Spoiler

<< Fenrir Fang >> : bites the player with the highest hate with magnificent force. Deals 200 Mitigatable DMG and Leaves a 2 Turn Bleed of 36 DMG on a attack roll of 9-10.
<< Call to Hunt >> : creates a howl that rips through the battlefield and invigorates itself and its allies.  Raises all enemies DMG and MIT by 25 for 2 turns on a CD rolls of 10-12. Has a cool down of 2 turns, does not stack.
<< Feast of Blood >> : consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.

Both players were still fairly fresh, aside from having dipped a little into their energy stores. In any case, neither of them were hurting for a break just yet. This was a vast improvement from their first adventure, where they had needed to stop and recovery practically every fight it seemed. Shield pressed on, forging ahead into the mist. Soon, through the fog, Shield made out the outline of a small hill. He wondered if climbing to the top might afford him better visibility. However, before he could get closer to investigate, it moved.

The 'hill' lumbered its way up onto four massive paws, and through the haze, Shield heard a chorus of deep growls. They had found the field boss. Shield took in a deep breath and threw back his head, letting out a powerful howl that echoed through the trees. Instantly, from out of the haze surged the pack. Three wolves nearly identical to those they had already faced. The fourth, however, the one Shield had mistook for a hill, was far larger.

All four of them bounded over to Shield, snapping and snarling. He pushed back as they swarmed him, but each of them managed to get a hold of some limb or another, biting and gnawing at the tank. "I think we found them," Shield called out, trying to pull an arm free of the largest love's maw.

Edited by Shield

ID: 97321
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -1) = 10

"Heh, no kidding. Guess that means we've got to eliminate the pack before we get to the alpha huh."

As Shield immediately roared at the wolves and shouldered their opening attack Calrex immediately sprung into action, his right fist already pulled back and shimmering with his Sword Art's power. Targeting one of the two smaller wolves that had been damaged by his teammate's Thorns defense the bluenette combined his Charge and All Might techniques once again, streaking across the distance before ending up right in front of the warg wolf. Since it's focus was on the tankier of the two players, it wasn't prepared for the attack to come.

Thrusting his fist forward the Ultramarine Knight felt something on the wolf crack upon impact, sending the creature reeling across the ground before it rolled to a stop, getting up to on all fours with a few shakes as if to recover from the punch to its head.

The health of the struck wolf dropped immediately into the red zone from the attack as Calrex turned to face the third of the group, second victim to Shield's Thorns, "Whelp this is going to be pretty much like clockwork for the three. I am curious about what special tricks the field boss might possess. Hopefully it doesn't have some skill to summon more wolves. That would make things more tedious than anything."

Spoiler

[H:5] @Shield HP: 1524/1550 | EP: 92/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 112/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 76/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 500/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

<< Blood Bane >> HP: 1151/1250 DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

Spoiler

<< Fenrir Fang >> : bites the player with the highest hate with magnificent force. Deals 200 Mitigatable DMG and Leaves a 2 Turn Bleed of 36 DMG on a attack roll of 9-10.
<< Call to Hunt >> : creates a howl that rips through the battlefield and invigorates itself and its allies.  Raises all enemies DMG and MIT by 25 for 2 turns on a CD rolls of 10-12. Has a cool down of 2 turns, does not stack.
<< Feast of Blood >> : consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.

[H:5] Shield HP: 1526/1550 | EP: 89/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 120/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 1> HP: 0/500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1ID# 97342 results: Craft: 10 [Recovery Proc - Sonic Fangs] MOB: 6 [+2+1=7 - Hit! 255-214=11 dmg - THN: 99]
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 97343 results: MOB: 6 [+2+1=10 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 302/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 97344 results: MOB: 7 [+2+1=11 - Hit! 175-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

<< Blood Bane >> HP: 1054/1250 DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 - ID# 97345 results: MOB: 6 [+3+1=10 - Hit! 225-214=11 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

"There are definitely enemies like that," Shield growled, keeping his eyes active, flicking between each of the wolves to keep himself from being surprised. One of them lunged at him, and he shoved his elbow out, offering a thorny portion of his body to bite. The beast took the bait, clamping down and immediately bursting into light shards. With his other hand, he hurled another sphere of energy at Calrex. "Catch!"

The other wolves pounced, biting at whatever portion of Shield's body he would allow. For now, especially with the first gone, he could keep the flow of battle steady, not allowing himself to be overwhelmed and making sure that nothing was bypassing his mitigation. Even the boss, despite being too well defended to be attacked directly, could not avoid the thorny defenses.

It's taken a decent amount of damage, and the others are already within kill range for Cal. Maybe I should go ahead and switch back to the Nemean Fur, just in case the alpha manages to get in a bleed attack... Supposedly, it's bad news.

Edited by Shield

ID: 97405
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -1) = 5
Miss (-2 Energy / +1 Passive Regen)

With Shield tossing him another wolf ready to be reduced to crystals Calrex gave a nod as his free hand lifted up to accept the ball of energy his teammate had sent over. Seeing his energy gauge climb a small bit he readied for another All Might attack. However, it seemed this time around would be the first time the bluenette wouldn't be able to effectively act.

Clenching his right hand into a fist the Ultramarine Knight prepared and expected the light blue energy to start building around his limb once again. But this time around it seemed to fizzle out, as if the assisted system was unable to lock onto his intended target. Cursing under his breath for a moment he let his arm lower for a moment, "Guess consistency on my part still needs some work. I'll see if I can get another shot out in a moment. Keep continuing to keep them busy for now!"

"Still, every moment I miss does give the chance for them to adapt to my attack patterns and begin to devise counter-measures against it. These AI aren't the most intelligent things designed, but I've learned from many times in the past how quickly their changing behaviors can mess with the tide of battle. Better not give them the chance to be able to do so, especially on the big one."

Lowering himself into his attack position once again Calrex waited for the moment to strike, and hopefully not let it slip by.

Spoiler

[H:5] @Shield HP: 1526/1550 | EP: 89/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 119/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175  MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 302/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

<< Blood Bane >> HP: 1054/1250 DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

Spoiler

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+77 HP] Recovery [+0 EN]

Action: Swapping Gear

- Spirit Spines [-54 THN, -3 REC]
+ Nemean Fur [+BCT]

[H:5] Shield HP: 1512/1550 | EP: 90/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT | BCT

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175+25  MIT: 20+25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 97409 results: Craft: 2 [No Recovery] MOB: 9 [+2+1=12 - Hit! 200+1-214=1 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 257/500 DMG: 175+25 | MIT: 20+25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 97410 results: MOB: 4 [+2+1=7 - Hit! 200-214=1 dmg - THN: 45 dmg]

<< Blood Bane >> HP: 1018/1250 DMG: 225+25 | MIT: 50+25 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 - ID# 97411 results: Craft: 12 [Call to Hunt] MOB: 6 [+3+1=9 - Hit! 250-214=36 dmg - THN: 45 dmg]

[Call to Hunt: 1 turn remaining - Cooldown: 0/2]

Spoiler

Shield did not waste time waiting to see the outcome of Calrex's attack. He was already half way through trading out his items by the time the strike fizzled. It was all the same for him. His course of action did not change any. With the Nemean Fur in place and his Spirit Spines stored away, he would no longer be susceptible to the bleed effect that had caused previous players such hardship.

Before he could properly return to action though, a blood-curdling howl rose up from the pack. The largest wolf was leaning back onto its haunches, its long, heavy snout pointing up into the air as it called out to invigorate its lessers. Their eyes became wilder, and they snarled back their jowls, exposing their long, pointed teeth. They struck with unbelievable ferocity, biting down and shaking forcefully. While the smaller wolves seemed to remain at about the same threat level, the powerful bite of the alpha took slightly more of a toll than before.

"I can keep them busy as long as you need," Shield said, doing his best to shrug with a wolf biting into either shoulder. "Still, I wouldn't mind being done with the biting. It may not hurt, but it certainly feels uncomfortable."

Edited by Shield

ID: 97421
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -1) = 13
Sword Art <<All Might>> + <<Charge>> (-17 Energy / 1 Passive Regen)
18+2+5 * 15 - 45 = 330 Damage

"I can only guess. Give me one sec."

"Focus..."

Giving a calming breath to center himself Calrex bright his fist up close to his face before it suddenly burst into a flaming light blue aura as he felt All Might trigger and build up to an even more powerful aura than the past few attacks, "These guys seem to be baring their fangs now. Let's see if this will turn things on their head in that case..."

Sliding his launching foot back it took a brief second before the bluenette felt his body get jerked forward by the assisted system as his eyes locked onto the weaker of the two remaining lesser wolves. His fist was wreathed in glowing blue flame before it shot forward and smashed dead center on the creature, its health bar being quickly reduced to zero before its form burst into crystals, leaving only one smaller warg and Blood Bane remaining in the fight against the two players.

Turning to target the last remaining small wolf the Ultramarine Knight gave a nod, "Just one more before we can actually strike at the big bad.  I'm still okay so far on energy though, so once the last little guy goes down I'll hopefully have enough to wail on Blood Bane."

Spoiler

[H:5] @Shield HP: 1512/1550 | EP: 90/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT | BCT
[H:1/0/1/0] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 103/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 401/500 DMG: 175+25  MIT: 20+25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175+25 | MIT: 20+25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

<< Blood Bane >> HP: 1018/1250 DMG: 225+25 | MIT: 50+25 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 - ID# 97411 results: Craft: 12 [Call to Hunt] MOB: 6 [+3+1=9 - Hit! 250-214=36 dmg - THN: 45 dmg]

[Call to Hunt: 1 turn remaining - Cooldown: 0/2]

Spoiler

[H:5] Shield HP: 1549/1550 | EP: 88/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT | BCT
[H:1/0/1/0] Calrex - 
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 111/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 356/500 DMG: 175+25  MIT: 20+25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 - ID# 97438 results: Craft: 7 [Recovery Proc] MOB: 8 [+2+1=7 - Hit! 200-214=1 dmg - THN: 45 dmg]
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20+25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

<< Blood Bane >> HP: 1018/1250 DMG: 225+25 | MIT: 50+25 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 - ID# 97439 results: MOB: 1 [Miss]

[Call to Hunt: 0 turns remaining - Cooldown: 1/2]

Shield nodded his acknowledgement, keeping both eyes forward on the now augmented wolves. The lesser stood with its hacked raised, body positioned sideways as a barrier to defend its leader. Pacing in a show circle around the dwindling pack, Shield gathered more energy for Calrex, sending it his way with a flick of his sword.

The movement provoked the wild opponents, both of which split in different directions to flank him. The smaller of the two bit down if Shield's leg, pulling hard to try to drag him to the ground. However, the Stonewall mod held him fast. The leader seemed to have been counting on the trip maneuver, because it lunged too far, its jaws closing on air.

It was discouraging not being able to deal his full damage with his thorns, but the little damage he had managed to keep on Blood Bane could all be undone with its blood drinking ability. He was just going to have to settle with it for now.

Edited by Shield

ID: 97516
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -1) = 9
18+5 * 15 - 45 = 300 Damage

Accepting the ball of energy as it hurled towards him, lifting up his left hand to catch it. The light vanished into his avatar before Calrex saw his energy bar climb a small bit once again. Immediately after receiving the energy he immediately put it to good use on the duo's remaining opponents. Charging forward at the remaining smaller wolf that had just been thrown off of Shield. The bluenette's right fist blazed alight with his Sword Art energy, the gauntlet blasting out smaller lights like an afterburner.

Slamming his punch into the smaller warg's face the Ultramarine Knight pushed further forward, forcing the wolf to slide back a few feet before it came to a stop from loss of momentum. After completing the attack he took a few steps back so that Shield was closer by a few steps, "Alright, one Thorn attack and that one should go down. That means hopefully up next is Mr. Alpha over there."

Looking over at Blood Bane Calrex gave a calming breath as he kept his right hand in a fist, ready to act one they got the opportunity. "This guy's going to have a lot more health than the minions, hopefully that's just pure health and now a significant amount of mitigation as well. That's going to draw this out a lot longer than our energy reserves might have remaining."

Spoiler

[H:5] @Shield HP: 1549/1550 | EP: 88/134 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 77 | THN: 45 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 3 | TNT | BCT
HP: 1700/1700 | EP: 95/170 | Dmg: 18 | Acc: 4 | Eva: 2 | Mit: 116 | BH: 85 | LD: 1 | Safeguard | Achilles: 40%

<< Warg Wolves >>
<Warg Wolf 2> HP: 56/500 DMG: 175+25  MIT: 20+25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
<Warg Wolf 3> HP: 0/500 DMG: 175 | MIT: 20+25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

<< Blood Bane >> HP: 1018/1250 DMG: 225+25 | MIT: 50+25 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 

[Call to Hunt: 0 turns remaining - Cooldown: 1/2]

Spoiler