[ PP - 03 ] Hey There, Delilah [ Spangie + Paglikha + Tetsuko ]

Spangie walked around carelessly in the sweet smelling town. It's a nice day, she sighed happily. All of a sudden, a cry of distress echoed the air. Spangie whipped her head around to find two male players having and aggressive dual. Her eyes widened as each of them stuck devastating blows to each other, red flakes wavering from each player. Her eyes widened at the sight. Why are they fighting here? Why now? She questioned in her head as she stepped closer to the dual. Blades were clashing against each other as a crowd started to build up around the two players. W-wait hold on, what's even happening? She cocked her head in concern at the two players. Is it to the death? she glanced at each players health player, each devastatingly low. 
After a few more seconds of the sound of metal against metal, the blonde player stroke a devastating blow to the brunette. The brunette player fell back with wide eyes, soon disappearing in a haze of blue flakes. 

@Paglikha@Tetsuko

Edited by Spangie

Kalu, as usual, was wandering around the explored floors of Aincrad. This time, however, he had begun traveling the third floor. Inside of the the city of Delilah, he breathed in the cool, fresh air. However, Kalu suddenly realized that he doesn’t remember how the old world smelled like, nor how the old world’s air was like. I guess it’s one of those thing.

As Kalu walked into the town square, he heard the sound of weapons clashing against one another. Although his guild, the Guardians of the New Dawn, was supposed to be a sort of mediators since Stryder, Eatos, and Hei all agreed that it was an anti-PK guild, Kalu decided that it would be difficult to stop the duel at his current state, so he simply walked closer to the source of the sounds to observe the fight. I guess I have to fulfill this duty.

Upon finding the combatants, Kalu saw that the brunette’s HP had dropped to zero and simply shattered into blue shards. I wonder if that’s how Axios looked like. Axios, not Juhmer. Recently, Kalu has become disillusioned with the idea that Axios be his real-life friend after all, since he had no way to verify it. Kalu walked into the ring of people that had formed around the combatants and stood in front of the victor, a blonde player. ”What is going on here? I don’t intend to cause trouble, but what was your reasoning for killing that player?”. Kalu spoke with zero urgency and without any apparent care. After all, why would he feel any urgency? He didn’t know the dead player and he cannot feel any emotions for himself. How is he supposed to care about random people? ”That man could have helped us get out of this hell, anyways.”

Tetsuko slowly followed along the dirt pathways throughout the village. Without them, newcomers would more than likely get lost. Its been over a year since Tetsuko left the town of beginnings. After the incident with his party occurred, Tetsuko took refuge in the Town of Beginnings and made it clear that he decided to never leave. What am I doing...?  The more Tetsuko walked, the more he questioned his judgement. Why did I leave...? Ever since the start of the game, Tetsuko was determined. When he finally met somebody... somebody who understood him. Tetsuko was becoming more like himself with each passing day. Then, everything went downhill. As Tetsuko's mind started to drift off, he eventually reached the center of the town. It didn't take long for the sound of clashing blade to sink into his head. Tetsuko's head turned sharply as soon as he realized what was going on. 

Tetsuko didn't want to get involved. He didn't plan on it either. He approached the crowd but stayed back just enough to where he could see. By the time a good view was maintained, it was already over. The blonde player struck down a devastating blow onto the brunette. The brunette fell down... wide eyes with a sparkle of tears... disappearing into nothing but blue dust. It's the same thing.. Tetsuko thought to himself. Why...? What did this player... no. What did this human being do... What did he do that he deserved to die? Tetsuko clenched his fists, about to step up. Another player who looked no older than Tetsuko came forward, approaching the victor of the battle. His words were firm and his gaze was hell set on the victor. No.. he's not a winner... he's.. he's a murderer! Tetsuko noticed a short blonde player that looked familiar off to the left, close to the front of the crowd. Her eyes were wide with concern. Well, there is enough people here. 

Not that it matters....

(I will be making a SoloThread that will go into my characters backstory of what happened and why he stayed in The Town of Beginnings. That Solo Thread will take place before this.)
     @Spangie @Paglikha

Edited by Tetsuko

The aggravated player spun around to face Paglikha. "Pftt. that man deserved to die. The little crap didn't pay me back," he player puffed. His arms crossed as he was eyeing most of the players in the crowd, including Spangie. "The weakling wouldn't have done a single scratch on a boss anyways," the blonde scoffed, rolling his eyes. 

Spangie squeaked as the agitated player glared at her, sinking a little deeper into the crowd. Her hands were trembling and her lip quivered. Why.. Why would he kill someone over something so stupid? She shook her head in fear. She puffed her cheeks, putting on her brave face, she marched over to the two players. Even though her whole body was shaking, she tried her best to speak in a brave ton. "Y-you shouldn't k-kill people l-like that!" she spoke, sounding more like a squeak. Suddenly she felt a lot smaller. What am I doing?

@Tetsuko@Paglikha

Kalu squeezed his eyes shut when he heard a girl yelling at the victor. He looked around to find the source of the sound and saw a blonde girl only a bit shorter than he was. Naïve little girl. People killing people is the same thing as the mobs killing people. You can reason that the killers are both monsters, but they’re both simply following their nature. “It doesn’t matter if they can’t do any damage to a boss. What matters is that they help the frontliners in any shape, way, or form and they help everyone else survive this game. After all, someone in this crowd right here may be the next hero of Aincrad.” I highly doubt it, though. The people here are either waiting for people to save them or are stuck at their progression.

Kalu didn’t care much about the guy in front of him, his main concern was his guild’s reputation. He didn’t want to tarnish it now that he questioned the victor. “Anyways, a creditor killing the debtor doesn’t really do all that much. You’ll have a net loss in Col anyways. If you plan on selling that guys’ items, I doubt you’ll get more than a couple thousand Col. You killed him in cold blood.” Kalu looked around the crowd to look at everyone’s facial expressions. They were all either appalled with the actions or demeanor of the victor, or were nodding in agreement with the victor’s beliefs. There are those who believe that they must stick to their beliefs of getting through this game together, and then there are those who believe that this has turned into the meaning of a dog-eat-dog world. “As a member of the Guardians of the New Dawn, I request to know your name. If not to deal with you now as I have no current intention of fighting and losing another player’s life currently, than to monitor you and ensure you create no more chaos.” Hopefully that pleases Stryder that I’m spreading this guild’s name.

@Tetsuko

"Ah, say whatever you want, the dude owed me and that's what he gets," the player sneered. He averted his eyes to the blonde girl attempting to star an arguement with him. "What are you gonna do about it shortie?" [ Dudes like 6'2 ] he gave a smirk and flicked her in the forehead. He scoffed at Paglikha's remark and shook his head, crossing his arms. "I'm not giving you my name and as sure as hell not letting you follow me around," he stated, rolling his eyes.

Spangie frightfully squealed as he made physical contact with her forehead and batted his hand away forcefully. "Dont touch me you.. you.. You murderer!" she shouted loud and clear, her voice echoing throughout the entire plaza. She covered her mouth with her hands with wide eyes, What am I doing?! She shrieked in her head. Looking left and right at the players around her, most wide eyed, some held pity in their gaze. No, no, no. They can't be agreeing with this.. this killer! Her words were stuck in her throat. They can't just ignored what just happened!

@Paglikha@Tetsuko

Tetsuko was planning on walking away, but this situation is escalating. As Tetsuko was trying to decide what to do, the mysterious man decided not to comply with the guild member''s orders. Figures.. Why would he listen to someone who is currently incapable of hurting him. I mean, we are in a safe zone... Tetsuko watches the man walk up to the young girl and just laugh as he flicks her forehead. Tetsuko then suddenly stops.. His whole body begins to shake and his fists clench up into balls of hate. What... What am I doing? Tetsuko slowly starts to walk up to the crowd of three and stops dead in between of the blonde player and the man. Why am I... helping her? Tetsuko looks up with his gaze dead set on the mystery man. "You think you're pretty cool, don't you? Why is that?" Tetsuko smiled with a grin of what looked like amusement. You know nothing... "Because you killed someone??" Tetsuko chuckles at the words he stated. Then after a few seconds, the grin disappears and his face becomes serious. "I don't care who that guy was. I don't care what your relation was to him. I don't care about any of that. But I hope you learn to live with yourself.... knowing you killed someone.." He pauses. "Now, I hope there won't be any more trouble? If you leave now, I can assure you that this gentleman from the guild will not report any of this. Do we have a deal?" Tetsuko waits patiently for a response. Well... This is just great.

@Paglikha @Spangie

Edited by Tetsuko

The orange player just rolled his eyes at Tetsuko's statements and waved his hands. "Yeah yeah I'll leave, but you better watch your backs. I don't forget faces," he glared daggers at all three of them. Then he left, like nothing ever happened.

The crowd was dispersing by the time Spangie had regained her thoughts. What, what, what, what. What just happened. Her thoughts were whirling around in her head. Why does death happen so easily? She said to herself, desperate for an answer. Then she's just realized, that was the first time she's seen some die, disappear, erased from existence. Now that kid is gone.. he could've had a family.. a girlfriend. A knot was stuck in her throat and she refused to walk away, also being that her feet were rooted to the ground. Why would people do something so heartless? she looked down at her hands. They too were trembling with perhaps fear? Anger? Sympathy? Her mind was blank with confusion. Why, why, why, why.

[ OOC : Sorry for messing up the order buts it's going to go back to Me, Pag, then Tetsuko. Sorry! ]

@Paglikha@Tetsuko

Edited by Spangie

Kalu gave a wordless nod to the blue-haired man as the blond walked away. He shouted across the square as the victor left, “Likewise. The Guardians of the New Dawn will stop any PKing, unless it is in self-defense.” Kalu looked at where the brunette player died. I don’t buy that it was a creditor/debtor issue. More like a sleep PKer. “Evil runs away from the face of a good-hearted person-”, Don’t portray yourself as some hero. “The Guardians of the New Dawn is a place for all people. We plan on bringing light to the darkness known as Aincrad in any way we can.”

Shortly after Kalu gave his speech, the crowd dispersed into their usual routine. Like clockwork. Kalu looked around to see that there was the naïve girl and the guy who helped him fend off the PKer. He turned around to face the blue-haired guy. “Thank you, for what you did back back there. The Guardians of the New Dawn is always open for new members.” Kalu tried to ignore the girl. Not out of any malice, rather a poor attempt to protect her. This world, there will be things that you try to do. When a wall is within your way, do you break it, go over or around it, or whether you just give up.

Eventually, Kalu turned to the girl who squealed and screamed at the victor. It felt out of place to ignore her presence while she, in a very roundabout way, helped deter a greater disaster. That was when Kalu noticed that she was trembling. Is this the first time she has known of a player’s death? He shook his head and sighed before continuing. “I also have to thank you, but you have to be careful. There’s always talk of PKers. Although the vast majority of people are against it, you have to be careful of those who stay hidden in plain sight like him. Wouldn’t want a meaningless loss of life now, do we?”

As the blonde spoke his little speech, Tetsuko ignored him. He just tried to keep a serious face until he finally walked off. And as he did, the other player from a guild shouted proudly in his direction. Stop PKing, you say? Heh. Not a chance... Tetsuko listened intently as the confident player spoke about his guild. Then, the crowd dispersed just as quickly as it had formed. I wonder... Could a guild really make someone stronger... Tetsuko was about to walk away when the player he aided, approached him. "Hm..?" Tetsuko moved his gaze from the ground to the other player. 
     Tetsuko noticed from the way this guy walked.. he was experienced. Tetsuko couldn't really explain how he knows. It just has something to do with how people carry themselves in-game. Do they walk, ready to grab their weapon at any time. When they talk, do they keep their sword hand to their side? Tetsuko laughed on the inside. He's strong... Tetsuko was shocked at his gratitude. Tetsuko normally doesn't talk much. Out of all the words he just spoke, that was more than what he would say in a week. Tetsuko tried his best to smile. "No... don't thank me. I did nothing but negotiate with him. I couldn't have intimidated him, even if I wanted to. I am just thankful you were here. To have someone from a guild, made it a whole lot easier." Tetsuko didn't want to think about a guild right now. Not this early. I have to keep going by myself... for just a little longer... There is something I have to do.

Tetsuko watched as the male player tried to comfort the girl. It must have been her first time.. seeing a death. As the player thanked her for helping, he also gave her a piece of advice to watch out for PKers. "You have to be careful of those who stay hidden in plain sight." Tetsuko laughed a little bit. "Heheh. I don't know if I should take that as a insult or just let it slide." What... What am I doing?

{OOC: I am getting tired of not knowing your names xD}
@Spangie @Paglikha

The traumatized girl slowly nodded her head and muttered a small thanks. You can't be afraid, not right now, not here. She in haled and exhaled, putting her automatic smile on. "Thanks, I think I would've melted right then and there!" she admitted, a small smile plastered on her face. "A meaningless loss of life.." she repeated, her smile only grew more forced but wider. "Ah, yes! I definitely wouldn't want that!" she chuckled nervously. It's just that I never wanted to be here.. "Its just that I've never seen anyone die.." her voice growing more distant as she ended her sentence. She looked at the two males, giving a reassuring cough. "Haha! No worries, I'm fine!" she held her hands together behind her back to stop them from shaking. 

She turned to the blue haired player. "I'm actually not sure," she scratched her chin. "I'm pretty weak so I don't really mind. Not the most strongest player," she warily giggled. What, what, what, what.. what are you doing? She gave an apologetic bow. "Sorry if I only made matters worse though, I'm sorry," she grinned brightly as she perked up again. "My name is Spangie by the way, nice to meet you!" He's gone gone, gone, gone, gone.

And I couldn't do anything about it.

@Tetsuko@Paglikha

“Even then, you helped defuse the situation. Even if you didn’t think you helped much, you still did. Not everyone has to risk their life in order to clear the floors. Sometimes, even buying an item from their shop can help them” Kalu lied to the other man through his teeth. Kalu knew very well the current status of the frontliners was inviolable. They were all experienced in boss raids, they all had the best and most updated gear, they had access to everything. In order to really help them without risking your life, you’d have to become relevant either by being a consumable crafter or a frontliner yourself. Kalu then heard the man behind him mutter something. Something about either taking it as an insult or to let it slide. He wasn’t able to completely discern the context behind that line, but he decided to let it go. After all, it wasn’t his business to monitor anyone. His job was to get stronger so he could, one day, be of some actual use.

Spangie introduced herself after apologizing and then becoming noticeably perkier. “You didn’t make matters worse. Believe it or not, there are probably some players within that crowd who might have thought you were their conscious, the guardian angel on their right shoulder. People have gotten so used to there being Player Killers that they’ve decided to only take precautions to protect themselves, not others. The Guardians of the New Dawn is hoping that we can change that.” Kalu crouched down and played around with the stones on the paved road. One side always breeds more of its counterpart. “My name is Paglikha. Part of the Combat Squad of The Guardians of the New Dawn.” Like a salesman, I’ve sold my ideals for my image and my company’s image. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Tetsuko decided to introduce himself as well. It was something you would never catch him doing... socializing. It's the least I can do... to show my gratitude. I might offer them a meal.. Tetsuko laughed at himself. It was completely out of the ordinary for Tetsuko to do that. I have a good feeling... about these too. Especially this male player. He seems strong... stronger than most at least. Tetsuko approached them both. With his left arm to his side, Tetsuko extended his right arm out as a greeting to the blonde one. "Spangie, wasn't it? I'm Tetsuko. Kurogaki, Tetsuko.... pleasure." Tetsuko maintained a smile that looked real.. but deep down, Tetsuko knew it was a front. After everything that has gone on in this death game... there is no happiness. If there is... there sure isn't enough to go around.
     If Tetsuko knew how to do one thing, it was observe. Observing people... leads to reading people... which is one of Tetsuko's talents. I can tell.. This guy.. He doesn't give a damn about this Pker. He just wants to spread word of his guild. He wants to expand. Hm... but still. He's very intelligent from what I can tell. His gear doesn't look too special.. so, why was he so confident when up against that PKer?? ..... What's he hiding..? Tetsuko awaited patiently for his greeting to accepted. 

@Spangie @Paglikha

The blonde player shook her head. "Oh trust me, I'm anything but an angel," she gave a small chuckle.  "Yes.. player killing has gone up a lot recently.." her lips quivered at the sentence but she still had that automatic smile on her face. She took a gulp. "I've known about it, I've just never watched one happen.. hehe.." she gave a small laugh at the end, attempting to lighten the mood. She nodded sadly at Paglikha's statement about selfish and one-minded players. "I suppose your right.." she whispered, barely loud enough for anyone to hear. She shook her head and gleamed again. "Oh, you're part of a guild? That's so coool~ Well it's nice to meet you Paglikha!" 

Spangie gave a delighted reply to the bluenette and excitedly shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you too Tetsuko!" Spangie grinned feeling a bit more comfortable in the warm atmosphere she was in. "The pleasure is all mine, it's nice to meet you both!" she spoke cheekily and gave a small bow. "If it weren't for you guys I think that PKer would've thrown me in a hole haha.." she giggled nervously. "I won't ever have the guts to fight someone, and I'm still, confused why I even stood up in the first place," she raised her hands, making small circles around the left side of her head. "I get totally cuckoo sometimes," she stuck out her tongue in a jokingly way.

@Paglikha@Tetsuko

Edited by Spangie

“Nice to meet you Tetsuko.” Kalu didn’t know how to carry this conversation any further. It’s mostly been wrapped up and he didn’t have anything in particular he wanted to communicate with the other two. Kalu felt like Tetsuko was trying to hide something, the mask, his smile, that he wore on his face said it all, while Spangie was just another little girl that was mistakenly trapped by this game. “Forgive me if I speak weirdly. I can’t truly express my emotions-”, not like I actually experience any emotions, “which inadvertently helped us against that blond.” He took a short pause, simply waiting for a chance to talk about something. He didn’t care much of these players. “Listen to me, if you ever run into that guy, do not hesitate to run away. Never accept a full loss duel and never travel alone. Run to the nearest safe zone and contact someone who can help you.”

Tetsuko raised at Paglikha. The tone of voice he spoke with as he greeted Tetsuko, gave him a familiar feeling he knew too well. Now I get it.. Tetsuko thought to himself. As Paglikha spoke upon his emotions, Tetsuko became more and more sure of his assumption. They were practically alone in the center of the town. A small group of players walked out of the structure behind Spangie and headed in the opposite direction from us. Tetsuko became annoyed by Paglikha's last few words. He spoke to them... as if they were children. "Tsk. Before you throw me in with that crowd.. let me tell you a little something." Tetsuko paused for a moment, while he maintained one of the most serious stares you would ever see. As Tetsuko spoke his next words, a strong gust of wind picked up. "You don't know what I've done... You don't know what I've been through... And you sure as hell don't know what I am willing to do to survive." Tetsuko clenched fists began to turn a purplish color. "So... don't compare me to those cowards." I may not get myself involved with much. But, it's an entirely different story when someone gets involved with me. I don't care who they are, who they're with... or what they're capable of doing. Heh.. That will more than likely, one day... be my downfall.

As Tetsuko gave himself a reality check, he realized he was mumbling. I wonder how much of that I got in there... Oh well. Tetsuko decided to invite them to a meal. He still wanted to learn more of Paglikha and his secrets. He would invite Spangie along too. She seems like a nice girl, but... she reminds Tetsuko all to well of a certain someone. She would mostly be there to ensure Paglikha doesn't suspect anything of him. Tetsuko took a deep breath. "Would you two care to join me for a meal? It's all on me so you can eat as much as you want." Tetsuko put up his fake, warmhearted smile yet again... hoping to get have his invitation accepted. 

@Spangie @Paglikha

"Ah it's okay!" Spangie said with a smile. "I know a lot of people who don't do emotions. You just need to find the right group to open them up to, thats all," she explained, hoping that her alive would get to him. As soon as he mentioned PKers again she puffed and did a fake salute. "Sir! Yes! Sir!" she maintained her serious face for only a couple seconds before bursting into giggles. "Ah, sorry! I was actually trying to be serious," she laughed joyfully, rubbing her eyes. "But, yes. I knowww. I'm not that stupid," she threw in a small smirk at the end of her sentence. 

She turned to Tetsuo, a bright smile growing on her face, but quickly disappearing once she realized how serious he looked. "Hey are y-" she started, only to be cut off from his statements. Okay then.. as he began to rant more about whatever, making her slowly shrink back a bit farther. Oof, whats going on? She thought suspiciously, eyeing his clenched fists. The only words she was actually making out was 'Don't compare me to those cowards,' She bit her lip. So am I a coward? She clamped her mouth shut from saying it out loud. After a few seconds after he was finished, she slowly came up to him. "Why don't you calm down.. heheh.." she chuckled nervously as she gently -- but cautiously -- patted Tetsuko's shoulder.

After a few more sentence of awkward silence, Tetsuko finally spoke up, leaving Spangie sighing in relief. Oh thank god, that would've been so weird. Perking her ears at Tetsuko's invitation she nodded her head vigorously. "Free food? Count me in!" she said excitedly, raising her hand high up in the air. He seems nice, what could go wrong?

@Tetsuko@Paglikha

Interesting, was Kalu’s only response to Tetsuko’s monologue. “Well, I bet you haven’t faced death in the real world, and I’m not talking about a loved one’s death. People die everyday out there, so it wouldn’t be such a small coincidence or tragedy. However, I’ve faced death many, many times. I've even known my executioner at times. An old lady, the people at my former house, and now Kayaba”, Kalu responded to Tetsuko, trying to show him that Tetsuko’s willingness to perform anything, and most likely kill another human being, is moot. Kalu took off his glasses and spoke with his only true emotion coming out in its full colors. A deadpan expression, numbness, nothingness. His voice was more steadfast than ever. He was the definition of emotionless. “Does this look like a face who would have morals against doing anything to survive? Kill chickens with your bare hands, eat from week old garbage found with maggots on it, and so many more? Don’t think I have qualms about doing anything necessary. The only ones is the people I care about. Nothing more.” Not even this guild really matters.

Once Kalu stopped talking, he realized that his daggers was in his hands. He quickly put it back inside of its sheath and stowed it away. Kalu noticed that Spangie had her hand on Tetsuko’s shoulder, almost like she was comforting him. Or wanting to seek comfort herself. Kalu forced a deep breath believing it would help them believe he was calming down. However, he still wore his deadpan expression. “I'll accept that invitation to have a meal with you guys. I guess it would not be any harm.” Kalu put his glasses on. “I don't know this floor too well, so lead the way.”

Tetsuko appeared to be thrilled once Spangie and Paglikha accepted his invitation. He spoke with the friendliest smile you'd ever see. You wouldn't know for a second... that it was fake. As Tetsuko began to start marching off, he stopped and turned around. His gaze immediately turned to Paglikha. Should I ask him...? ..... Nah.. I will wait until we get there. Tetsuko smiled. Uh.. Spangie? You wouldn't happen to know your way around this floor, would you?" Tetsuko scratched his face as he let out a nervous laugh. Something bothers me about this guy... And it is not just what he said. He's still hiding something. It is not like me though. It's like he wants me to figure it out. Even as Tetsuko spoke to Spangie, his gaze didn't leave Paglikha eyes. He knew Paglikha was hiding something... and he plans on finding out what exactly it is.

{OOC: I AM SO SORRY THIS POST IS SO SHORT.... I HAVE A PLAN FOR MY NEXT POST! <3}
@Spangie @Paglikha

Edited by Tetsuko

Spangie shrunk back as Paglikha started arguing again, Of course. But when Paglikha unsheathed his dagger she gave a small squeak and back away a bit farther. After he settled down she  slowly patted his shoulder too after he was finished. "There there children, just calm down," She said nervously. Patting them both at the same time her face became awkward. What the hell am I doing? she made a face and immediately stopped patting them. God, what was I actually doing? She shook her head and sighed. 

Seeing that both of them didn't know the floor she gave a small giggle, feeling amused when Tetsuo asked her for help. "Yes actually. I've been researching this place to set up my shop," she stuck her tongue out and gave a thumbs up to herself. "You're just lucky to have an expert guide like me around, heheh.." she chuckled to herself. A small grin forming on her lips, "I know this great cafe that sells a bunch of cool drinks and food, just follow me!" She said cheekily and dashed off in a random direction -- for the two men of course, she had partially memorized the whole floor -- she spun freely as she ran to a small shop. The shop was fairly average sized and there were small tables and chairs that were played in front of it, letting the customers enjoy the nice weather that occurs in Floor 3. "We're hereeee~" She sang as she waited for the two to catch up.

@Paglikha@Tetsuko