(F22-PP) <<King of Lakes>> (Hakai, Sey, Shield, Hestia)

ID# 97468 results: Loot: 11+10=21 - Chest Found!

As they walked, Shield noticed that his earring was again alight, though as he searched for the source, nothing was immediately visible. However, as he peered through the foliage, he spotted what seemed to be a small opening to a cave a little ways off of the trail. "Hold on a moment," he said to the others, padding a little way off of the trail to the cave entrance. There, in the opening, surrounded by a little forest of mushrooms and lichen, was a chest. It was the first he had seen on this floor, and he was eager to see what it might have in store.

"I found something over this way!" he called out, inspecting the chest more closely. The hinges were large and simple, made of a polished brass. The wood itself was aged and grey, the whole thing almost designed like some simple, rustic log cabin. It seemed fitting of the floor. He opened his inventory, summoning a golden key that he had set aside from his merchant stock.

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I glance over towards where i hear Shield run off to saying he found a chest as i contemplate if i should even go out towards him, but in the end just shrugs and waits by the path as i look towards the other two still with us. I'm fine with waiting here. Shield can call us for help if he manages to get a mimic. Besides it is best to stay on the path so we don't get lost on our way back towards this lake place that Shield is going to fish up the enemy at. I say calmly not minding to leave Shield to himself in the search for the chest as i nods towards my familiar the St.Bernard sized lion with wings walking over to me as i pet his head gently once more as i look towards the other two. Having taken note that Sey has been relatively quiet, but i can expect that from the man who said he preferred remaining in the dark and shadows rather then being out in the open trying to get noticed by others.

Opening chest
Using Golden Key

ID# 97471 LD:2+7=9 CD:4 2,025 Col, 3 T3 Materials, 2 T3 Rare Consumables

Totals:
2,025 Col
7 T3 Materials
2 T3 Rare Consumables

Shield held out the golden key and watched as it burst into shimmering gold dust, letting out a soft chime of metal on metal as it vanished. The lid of the chest popped open, and a brief readout of its contents appeared on a dialog box. Shield frowned. Although loot was loot, this was probably about the least he had gotten out of a chest, even on lower floors. He sighed, dismissing the dialog, watching as the chest, now emptied of its meager contents, was reduced to zero durability. It shattered into shards of pale blue light, and Shield dusted himself off, standing back up to his full height and rejoining the others.

"Not so great of a haul," he sighed. "Hopefully there's more loot to be had at the end of the fight. We've all got to get something out of this, after all."

He was not turning his nose up at the possibility of quest experience, but still, the chance for loot was always worth fighting for. A player's skills only accounted for so much of their build after all.

Edited by Shield

I look towards Shield and gives the man a wave. So how much loot did  you get? I ask the man curiously as i walk along with him with the rest of the group as we make our way over towards the lake that houses the boss supposedly from what the quest says to go for fighting the monster according to Shield. Not going to question the man since he seems to have lots of knowledge, and such to just be able to do this on a regular basis. Though it does make me curious who his informant is, so i could try to get into contact with them to get some of that nice information about the new quests. If it is Shield himself that is another feat entirely that is impressive to be able to gather all that while doing everything else he seems capable of doing. Eventually the group makes it towards the lake as i nod towards Shield to do his thing.

"Not much," he sighed. "A few consumables and materials and a small sum of Col. No equipment, which is unfortunate. That's the main reason I took the focus in chest hunting." It was true that he had more or less exhausted the list of skills that would benefit his chest hunting and opening for the sake of fueling his career as a Merchant. More equipment drops meant better odds for rare equipment in general.

As they walked the last bit of distance, Shield took a good portion of the trip rearranging his inventory and picking out skill mods. He would not be needing the Dismantling mod during the fight, nor would he need most of his loot gathering gear in general. He picked carefully, making sure to leave his options open for whatever situation they may face.

Skill Mods:

1. Athletics
  2. Stonewall
  3. Focused Howl
  4. Vengeful Riposte
  5. Justified Riposte

Gear:

- Finder's Keeper
- Seeking Aura
- Raw Passion
+Manticore Mask
+Spirit Spines
+Spirit Plate

Finally, he pulled out the new fishing pole that he had bought upon learning of the peaceful fishing spots up on the twenty first floor. This trip was going to be quite the opposite. While there was no guarantee to find anything immediately, what they would find would be much more aggressive than anything he fished up previously.

I nod my head as i then sit down besides the ground and awaits for you to fish the boss up with the salamander more so expecting you to get it right on the first try as i relax and wait for whatever is meant to come out to come out. So then Shield what is your rank in the ascendants? Cause i know there are those paladin, and sentinels things from what Itzal told me about them. Also what do you usually do with he Ascendants? Like do you guys have any like group fun activities you do together? I ask the man curiously deciding that trying to get to know him might be a good way to spend some time with a possible future team mate in the floor boss business, or even just questing if Shield manages to think that i could be useful in that regard. Not really knowing the man's thoughts on such a matter, but even then if anything i can only hope i could maybe make a friend. Through lots of awkward small talk, and eventually bonding through surviving death together. I can only at least hope that things go that manner.

Fishing

ID# 97484 results:

Loot: 7+6=13 - No Boss

"I'm the Tank Sentinel," Shield said, summoning out the salamander from his inventory and affixing it to his hook. He Cast his line out into the water, slowly reeling it back in as he continued with the question. "The Paladins of the ascendants have largely remained the same since Beat and I joined, though just after the last boss fight our DPS Paladin abdicated his position. He left it to Beat. Other than that, I've never seen a new Paladin be appointed."

His line back back with only the salamander, so he wound up and cast it out again. "As far as what the ascendants do, it's largely a group dedicated to training up lower leveled players, but it has done very little to that end. I do what I can to carry those who need it and spend a lot of my time trawling through request boards for help, but other than that... the Ascendants have done very little. It's sad, but I do not know how much life the guild has left in it. Perhaps Sey has a different take, but it's how I've seen things go as of late."

Edited by Shield

I nod my head as i listen to hearing that you're the Sentinel and not the Paladin which means that Morgenstern is the Paladin for the tanks since he is the only other one that looked like he had say during that boss meeting. Who was this DPS paladin that left? or would you prefer to keep that quiet out of respect for the person, or just not to let any info about such positions and such be known.. I ask Shield rather curiously as i see the line be cast out again with a small grin at the failure. If only for the fact to see the man that seems to get everything right on the first shot to have failed one.

When you give your description i smile, and then frown a bit at hearing what it is meant to do, and what it supposedly hasn't been doing a lot of. Well from the sounds of that Shield seems like only you and Itzal are the ones who can carry that message of what you're about. Since Itzal actually was someone i met at level 1, and who helped me get onto my feet and pushed on the path of success. Though what you do sounds like a lot what i do honestly. I do the exact same thing and patrol the floors to try and see who could be in need of help, and then provides it to the best of my ability. Which is rather easy to do when you are one of the few people who took up tanking as a profession. I say with a chuckle.

Fishing

ID# 97489 results: Loot: 17+10=27 - Boss Found!

"Itzal is a good guy," Shield agreed, nodding slightly as he continued to reel in his line. "I don't see much of him, but he's good at what he does, and he generally means well. I think even if I wanted to keep the old Paladin's name a secret, too many people already know who he was. It was Hikoru. You saw him at the boss raid meeting. As for the tanking profe-"

The whining whir of an overtaxed reel filled the air, and Shield knew he only had a brief moment to set himself before the catch would be lost. He plopped his backside down hard on the dock, planting his feet against the wooden pilings that lined the edge and grabbed onto the reel. It halted, but the force of it lifted Shield's posterior almost all the way off of the dock as he strained against the pole. He arched his back, pulling against the line with the combined force of his legs, back and arms. Then, he let out the tension in his body and reeled up the few feet of slack that he created in the line, then pushing back again to pull the catch a few more feet and repeating the process.

"This fish means business!" he strained, fighting for another couple of feet to reel in. Back and forth his line slid in the water, but never any further from the dock. Slowly, he fought the beast all the way back to the shallows, where a massive, sickly yellow head with bulging eyes emerged from the water. "We got a live one!"

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 1667/1700DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75 - Craft: 5 [No Recovery] MOB: 9 [+1=10 - Hit! = 175+1-214=1 dmg]

vs Hakai - ID# 97490 results: MOB: 2 [Miss]

vs Hestia - ID# 97491 results: MOB: 4 [Miss]

vs Sey - ID# 97492 results: MOB: 9 [Hit! - 175+1-99=77 dmg - FTH: 27 + 6 dmg - 1/2 turns]

Abilities:

Spoiler

MD 9: Body Slam - jumps high into the air and crash down in the center of the players, sending out a shockwave dealing 175 AoE damage. 

MD 10: Dive - takes the player with the highest hate in its teeth and drag it back into the lake. The player will take an additional 50 unmitigatable damage and need to swim back to the shore, missing their next attack.

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97494 results: MOB: 8 [+3+1=12 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97495 results: MOB: 7 [+3+1=11 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 3> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97496 results: MOB: 3 [+3+1=7 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

Before Shield could even pull it up onto the dock, it leaped from the shallows, landing with a crash on the dock right on top of the party. Shield took the hit with a grunt. Hestia and Hakai were just out of reach of the attack, but Sey took a heavy fin to the sternum. Meanwhile, a small band of spear-wielding fish creatures leaped out of the water behind the King. Shield intercepted them before they could reach the others, and each of them struck at the human roadblock. All three connected, but Shield's health remained almost pristine despite his thorns dealing a significant amount of damage to each of the lesser fish monsters.

"I can take the hits!" he called out. "Go full offense on the boss! I'll draw their attention and then energize whoever has the least energy every chance I get! Leave the minions to me!"

Edited by Shield

Not a single scrap of col was mentioned, even the large fish couldn't bring his attention back on the game before it straight bashed him hard to the point where it managed to leave a scar on him despite his battle healing triggering afterwards. The usually relaxed walking bag of col wasn't so calm, a collected sleet deciding to become a blizzard. Upon recovering, he would step back up onto his feet with his spear glowing with white light at the tip of it. It would be a lovely moment for the holy damage to kick in and cause mayhem, but he wasn't so lucky. Instead, he managed to hop from his current position, seemingly blur the next moment and reappear back under the stomach of the massive being. Though tight and uncomfortable, he found himself making the space needed to at least get some damage in. But it wouldn't take long for the monster to catch on and smash him for being underneath, so he bailed as quickly as he could when one sword art went through successfully.

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT

[H:1]  Sey: 1188/1,205 l 116/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP [-6 HP for 1/2 turns] [60 HP recovered by BH = 17 damage]

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 1535/1700DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75 [Flame Thorns + Thorns = 42 Dmg] [Flame Thorns = -6 HP for 2/2 turns]

Spoiler

MD 9: Body Slam - jumps high into the air and crash down in the center of the players, sending out a shockwave dealing 175 AoE damage. 

MD 10: Dive - takes the player with the highest hate in its teeth and drag it back into the lake. The player will take an additional 50 unmitigatable damage and need to swim back to the shore, missing their next attack.

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97494 results: MOB: 8 [+3+1=12 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97495 results: MOB: 7 [+3+1=11 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 3> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97496 results: MOB: 3 [+3+1=7 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

ID# 97502 results:

Battle: 7 (16 x 12 = 192 - 75 MIT = 117 DMG]

Spoiler

HP: 780 EN: 76

Mods:

Athletics (+1 DMG, +20 HP)

Quick Change 

Ferocity (Katana)

Equipment:

Eris Gauntlet: +54 Mit

Maniae's Breastplate: 3 EVA

Limbo's Claw V1: Bleed 2, Para 1

ID# 97547 results:

Battle: 9 (Crit!) San Ge x14x17= 238-75 (Mit)= 163 dmg

Hakai snorted. "I've considered rejoining the Ascendants, just to get at Hikoru. I've been planning on giving him a lobotomy." She stated, her face turning sour. "To answer your question about my main weapon Hestia, I took a break recently. I figured that one of my close friends could use my demonic while i was gone, just until I got back. So of course once ive been gone for a little while he trades it to Beat for a phase dagger." She explained, obviously very angry aboutt he situation. Usually she was much quieter and kept her thoughts to herself, but she really wanted to complain about it. If Hikoru's guildmates heard about it all the better, although it sounded as though he was no longer a part of the organization.

She unsheathed her back up katana and charged at the enormous fish that Sheild had managed to catch. She hacked and slashed, the bleed and paralyze status symbols popping up next to the bosses health bar. If only she had limbo's fang, that would mean a ton more extra damage. At least Shield wouldn't have to take the hit so soon. The paralyze was almost worth more than the bleed at this point. she retreated and raised her hand, the katana dissapearing to be replaced with her other katana. Why not show off her quick change mod?

H:0] Shield - HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT

[H: 2] Hakai: 780/780 | EN: 62/76 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 3 | Mit: 66 | Bleed: 2 | Para: 1|

[H:1]  Sey: 1188/1,205 l 116/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP [-6 HP for 1/2 turns] [60 HP recovered by BH = 17 damage]

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 1312/1700 DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75 [Flame Thorns + Thorns = 42 Dmg] [Flame Thorns = -6 HP for 2/2 turns] [Bleed: -24 HP for 2/2 turns] PARALYZED

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97494 results: MOB: 8 [+3+1=12 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97495 results: MOB: 7 [+3+1=11 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 3> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97496 results: MOB: 3 [+3+1=7 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]

Edited by Hakai

I calmly watch as the fight progresses as i watch the King of Lakes as its name apparently as it jumps and tries to smash into the ground as i quickly jump out of the way surprised by my own speed as i look towards the fishing boss seeing Sey get hit by the attack, but only by a very small amount that is not something to worry about. I just nod my head and waits for the moment then that healing would be necessary figuring that i won't really be needed that much in this fight unless Hakai gets hit by an attack. For now i just calmly watching basically from the sidelines waiting to see what will happen from here on out. I glance towards the bosses HP, and from what i can tell right away by looking at it that it won't lost that long from the two DPS working together, and the little guards that appeared along with the boss even less so since it seems Shield's thorns a good enough killing tool on their own.

H:0] Shield - HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT

[H: 2] Hakai: 780/780 | EN: 62/76 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 3 | Mit: 66 | Bleed: 2 | Para: 1|

[H:1]  Sey: 1188/1,205 l 116/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP [-6 HP for 1/2 turns] [60 HP recovered by BH = 17 damage]

[H:0]  Hestia:  950/950  92/92 ENG  MIT: 111    Thorns: 36   Bleed:x2 paralyze:x2  Recovery:x1 Regen:x1  Acc:1  EVA: -1  DMG:3

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 1312/1700 DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75 [Flame Thorns + Thorns = 42 Dmg] [Flame Thorns = -6 HP for 2/2 turns] [Bleed: -24 HP for 2/2 turns] PARALYZED

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 -
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 -
<Sahuagin Guard 3> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 -

Battle Healing [+71 HP] Recovery [+6 EN]

Action: Howl [-10 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP1430/1430 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | BH: 71 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT
[H:1]  Sey: 1188/1,205 l 116/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP
[H:0]  Hestia:  950/950  92/92 ENG  MIT: 111    Thorns: 36   Bleed:x2 paralyze:x2  Recovery:x1 Regen:x1  Acc:1  EVA: -1  DMG:3

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP1307/1700 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75 [Flame Thorns = -6 HP for 2/2 turns] [Bleed: -24 HP for 1/2 turns] [PARALYZED]

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP472/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97562 results: Craft: 9 [Recovery Proc] MOB: 4 [+3+1=8 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP472/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97563 results: MOB: 4 [+3+1=8 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 3> HP571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97564 results: MOB: 9 [+3+1=13 - Hit! - 201+1-214=1 dmg]

So far so good. There had been a little collateral damage from that opening attack, but Shied knew that Sey could handle it. He filled his lungs, concentrating the force of the compressed air at the foes with shuddering volume. "Hey, you fin-headed monstrosities! Down here! You're all pathetic! Even after getting in a free surprise attack, we're all basically at full health! Try again!"

He banged the mundane sword that he held against the intimidating shield that hung on his arm, his trusty Manticore Mask. The sound of it was piercing and sharp, causing the boss to jerk its over sized head away from the noise. It roared, but was otherwise unable to move from the status effects that had been inflicted upon it.

Damn! I didn't tell anyone not to stun it. Oh well. They seem to be doing alright on damaging it, and unless they get very good luck, they can't immobilize it every time they hit.

The scruffy looking band of fish men retaliated against Shield's mocking remarks, striking and stabbing with their spears. Two of them definitely looked the worse for wear afterward, but the third seemed to have taken far less damage so far.

Edited by Shield

He couldn't help but snicker a light amount when the blonde wished to get back at Hikoru for some reason, knowing full well that there would be a nice surprise waiting for her should she try it. But information came with a price, so he felt no need to crush her hopes and dreams . More damage for the fish monster, coming up. With his icy gaze fixed, he would rip through the ground once again with straining legs that still felt a bit numb due to the intensity of the last movements. Therefore, he couldn't quite get that sweet critical hit if he tried, he certainly needed to keep focused. Therefore, add a little <<Concentration>> and Sey was back to normal, placing his spear tip through the gut of the fish monster before successfully inflicting a handful of damage out at it. With a satisfied smile, he would step back and place his spear by the back of his head. Seems like they were gaining some progress.

ID# 97574 results:

Battle: 3 [KOL -1 EVA + 1 ACC + 1 Concentration = 6 (Successful)] (16 x 12 = 192 - 75 MIT = 117 DMG]

BH: 60 HP Recovered

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | BH: 71 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT
[H:2]  Sey: 1205/1,205 l 90/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 1190/1700 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75  [Bleed: -24 HP for 1/2 turns] [PARALYZED]

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP: 472/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP: 472/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3
<Sahuagin Guard 3> HP: 571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3

ID# 97576 results:

Battle: 8 (Bleed refreshed)

San Ge: 14x16=224-75= 149 dmg

Hakai swapped her katana once again, back to her bleed based one. She had noticed the look on Shields face when he had noticed she had paralyzed the boss. She supposed that he relied mostly on thorn damage and the like, and his health bar hadn't moved much at all since the begining of the fight. She should focus more on refreshing her damage over time than paralyzing the boss. She waited until Sey had made his move. He was one quiet guy. She found herself wondering what exactly was going through his head. There was either a whole lot or not much at all. She charged after the boss and slashed the enormous fish a few more time. The faded bleed symbol next to his health bar started to glow brightly again, and as it did she found herself getting angry. She couldn't help but imagine how much damage she would be doing if she had Limbo's fang at that very moment. She scowled and retrested behind Shield once again. What an aptly named person. She wondered if Hikoru's name meant dead meat in some obscure language. 'Cause he would be eventually.

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | BH: 71 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT
[H: 3] Hakai: 780/780 | EN: 62/76 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 3 | Mit: 66 | Bleed: 2 | Para: 1|
[H:2]  Sey: 1205/1,205 l 90/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 1091/1700 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75  [Bleed: -24 HP for 2/2 turns] [PARALYZED]

Edited by Hakai

I look once more as the fight progresses as i sigh softly realizing that my need to be here is basically non-existent since everyone here is capable of healing themselves seemingly with the only possibly one who can't do so being Hakai. Which means i will just have to wait to see if Hakai gets hit by some kind of AOE attack. With that i just continue to sit by from the sidelines and just watch this all unfold. Once more getting the idea that i need some gear that is different for every situation that i could ever be in. needing some damage gear, and maybe a different shield to not have paralyze on it, so i can maximize my only damage source which is my thorns damage. Realizing how counter active such a build is. 'Well at the very least i can still invest points into my weapon after i do so for my shield so i can get that weapon mod i heard that can allow weapon changes as quick as possible.' I think to myself as i watch the battle unfold feeling rather bad that i am making everyone else do everything, but that might just be the nature of being a support type person in combat.

[H: 3] Hakai: 780/780 | EN: 62/76 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 3 | Mit: 66 | Bleed: 2 | Para: 1|

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 1091/1700 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75  [Bleed: -24 HP for 2/2 turns] [PARALYZED]

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+71 HP] Recovery [+6 EN] Parry [Cooldown: 0/1] Vengeful Riposte [Cooldown: 0/3]

Action: Parry [Vengeful Riposte] [-5 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1426/1430 | EN: 133/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | BH: 71 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT
[H:2]  Sey: 1205/1,205 l 90/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (MD: 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (MD: 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP943/1700 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75  [Bleed: -24 HP for 1/2 turns] -

ID# 97607 results: Craft: 6 [Recovery Proc] MOB: 7 [+1=8 - Hit! - Parry - 200/2-214=1 dmg, THN: 99 dmg, Riposte: 200/2-75=25 dmg]

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP373/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97579 results: MOB: 4 [+3+1=8 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]]
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP373/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97580 results: MOB: 4 [+3+1=8 - Hit! - 201-214=1 dmg - THN: 99 dmg]
<Sahuagin Guard 3> HP571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - ID# 97581 results: MOB: 10 [+3+1=14 - Hit! - 201+2-214=1 dmg]

Shield took a quick account of the party's health and energy. Sey was back to full HP, and nobody in the party had dropped low enough in their energy pools to indicate they were in any danger of running out. He gave a nod, making up his mind. He held out his blade towards the boss. With the party fairly fresh on energy, he better ways to keep active in the fight.

"I'm changing up the plan a little," he called out over his shoulder. "I'll still be able to draw the enemy fire, but I'm going more on the offense for a second. If your energy starts disappearing too quickly, I'll change tack again and energize you."

The King lunged towards him, but as it connected with its strike, he leaped to the side, cutting his blade across the mammoth creature's side. The first and second of the guards managed to land solid hits, netting themselves yet more damage. A third spear pierced Shield straight through his throat, and with a cackle, the fishy foe leaped back again, having not sustained any damage from the attack.

That lucky little...

There was no time to linger on a bad roll of the dice. The boss was coming about, preparing itself for another strike. He would not be able to riposte this one. He watched the cooldown timer out of the corner of his eye.

Edited by Shield

I watch as the fight progresses and just sighs figuring there is no reason for me not to get involved. Figuring at he minimum i could get lucky and activate bleed on all of the enemies as i quickly charges towards them as the sword art gleams with energy as i get ready to attack them all. I charge towards the four enemies as i quickly spins around and cuts into the three out of the four enemies my sword not getting past the fat of the King of Lakes making it bounce off practically. With that i continue on slashing into two of the guards with one turning into stone from paralyze activating from my shield as i nod my head at that and look towards the group with a small shrug of my shoulder. Never hurt anyone to hit as many as possible. Plus i wanted to try and inflict bleed if possible. Sorry for cutting off your thorns from one enemy Shield. I call over to him.

@Hakai@Sey

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1426/1430 | EN: 133/134 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 214 | BH: 71 | THN: 99 | REC: 6 | LD: 7 | PRO: 6 | TNT
[H:2]  Sey: 1205/1,205 l 90/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (MD: 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (MD: 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP
[H:0]  Hestia:  950/950  89/92 ENG  MIT: 111    Thorns: 36   Bleed:x2 paralyze:x2  Recovery:x1 Regen:x1  Acc:1  EVA: -1  DMG:3    +3/-6=-3 ENG

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP942/1700 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75  [Bleed: -24 HP for 1/2 turns] - #97626  BD:7+2=9  (1 minimum dmg)

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP364/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - #97627  BD:7+1=8 (9 DMG)
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP364/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 - #97628 BD:8 (9 DMG)  (paralyze/bleed 0/2 [24DMG])
<Sahuagin Guard 3> HP571/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 -  #97629  BD:1  CD:10 (regen proct)

Seems like there was some added firepower. Hestia and Shield seemed to have a bit of unity in this, it was merely repeating a power for the other two. Nothing was of any real interest, and he felt like attacking whenever he wanted to rather than the maximum. It was annoying to lose a bit of health when he did, he would rather avoid that until finding the right time to jump in. So of course he threw that away and simply rushed towards it with his spear tip shining in bright white light. But upon trying to swing, the light shattered and turned the once holy hit into a normal one, resulting in his sword art losing full effectiveness and perhaps being another waste of energy. Damn it... Sey thought to himself, looking to inflict massive damage, but instead finding himself doing normal damage instead. Well, at least he found a bit of comfort in the damage he inflicted, but it wasn't enough to send it to critical red.

ID# 97639 results:

Battle: 8 (16 x 12 = 192 - 75 MIT = 117 DMG]

[H:3]  Sey: 1205/1,205 l 77/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (MD: 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (MD: 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP
[H:0]  Hestia:  950/950  89/92 ENG  MIT: 111    Thorns: 36   Bleed:x2 paralyze:x2  Recovery:x1 Regen:x1  Acc:1  EVA: -1  DMG:3    +3/-6=-3 ENG

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 825/1700 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75  [Bleed: -24 HP for 1/2 turns]

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP: 364/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 -
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP: 364/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 -

ID# 97664 results:

Battle: 2 Miss

They were doing a respectable amount of damage to the boss, between her and Sey they should be finished with the fight shortly. Of course, she couldn't count out Shields thorns, although between herself and Hestia they certainly seemed to be preventing him from putting them to any use. She smirked, noting the new paralyze symbol from Hestia's actions. It was actually fairly funny. She imagined that Shield was getting a little bit annoyed. She raised her katana again after Sey had finished his attack and rushed in at the boss, eager to inflict some more damage.

In her haste she miscalculated the distances and her slash went wide. She stumbled but immediately caught herself and leaped back to safety behind the shield that was Shield. Perhaps it was about time to invest in some accuracy skills or enhancements. As a lower level she had ignored the stat, aware that it wouldn't increase her critical rate. At the time the only thing that had really mattered to her was landing a critical hit and applying the unique effects of her weapon. Now she was able to deal decent damage by herself, just by way of her skills and weapon of choice. Perhaps she would invest some of the skill points she got from this venture into a mod for her weapon.

[H:3]  Sey: 1205/1,205 l 77/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (MD: 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (MD: 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1l BH 60 HP

<< The King of Lakes  >> HP: 825/1700 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 75  [Bleed: -24 HP for 1/2 turns]

<Sahuagin Guard 1> HP: 364/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 -
<Sahuagin Guard 2> HP: 364/670 | DMG: 201 | ACC: 3 -

Edited by Hakai