[PP-F4] Plans and Progress <<Essence of Steel>> (Hirru)

Hikoru controlled his breath. Quietly. Slowly. Waiting for the perfect chance. He had been hunting the quest creature for what seemed like hours, but in reality it had only been but a few minutes. He was waiting for the perfect change to hit him right in his heart. Although he could easily kill it, he wanted to test his skills. He had gone soft, stopping a lot of his training to do paperwork, and he could feel it slowing him down. His body started to feel sluggish, feeling normal in taking his time to do things. His mind needed a quick sharpen, he needed to get back into the sense that he was training. Even though it was an easy kill for an item he wanted, he knew that something simple is just what he needed. He let out a small sigh. He wished he could prepare for the rumors of new quests, but he was so swamped with work that he wasn't able to get to them yet. He shook his head. He needed to get his mind off of work, he needed to get back in the game, prepare for the loot, the quest to be completed, the things that were happening right now. He saw that the beast was about to turn, and he tensed every muscle in his body, preparing to strike.

ID: 97180 LD: 12+5= 17 Stealth Rating

@Hirru

Stats:

Spoiler

Title: Master of Shadows

Level: 71

HP: 1420

EN: 142

DMG: 16
ACC: 1
EVA: 3
MIT: 79
LHGT MOMNTM: 1

Inventory:

2x  T3 Tears of Tranquility - +120 HP Restore
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Skills:

Grandmaster Dagger Skill (+5 DMG)
Grandmaster Light Armor Rank 5 (+25 mit)
Charge Rank 5 (+5 DMG)
Grandmaster Shadowed Path
Battle Healing Rank 4 (4% Health regen per hit)

Extra Skills:

Concentration (+1 BD when used)
Martial Arts Rank 0
Survival (+15*Tier HP Out of battle & Not effected by environment)
Familiar Handling: Fighter (Max Rank) (+9 DMG)

Mods:

Sneak Attack [Assassin] (+2 Damage, Auto Attack, No stuns or status affects can trigger)
Athletics (+1 DMG, +10*Tier HP)
Precision(+1 ACC)
Vanish (Return to stealth using a post, automatically enter stealth after killing a foe)

Equipment:

Weapon: Dimensional Dagger: (+1 Phase)

Armor: Shadow's Triumph (+54 MIT, +1 Light Momentum)

Accessory: --- Shadow's Gait (+3 EVA)

Familiar: Sir Rolland the Mini Pumpking (+9 DMG)

How many times does one have to hunt this creature?  One would think that this beast got hunted to extinction to this point, but every time a new one would replace it, just as strong as the last.  There wasn't much to the beast, except for some extra ordinary skill, but that is bypassed by the minor fact that everyone that hunted it now were able to kill it without the beast attacking them.  There was also the fact that one had to venture out into the middle of the snowy mountains of the fourth floor to find this creature.  So, why was this beast so sought after?  A special item that could only be obtained from the beasts innards, the <<Essence of Steel>>.

The hunter sighed as he slogged through the snow towards the well known spawn point of the beast.  He had been tasked with getting the Essence for some lower leveled craftsmen that would like to upgrade their equipment.

"I swear to Lunara it better not be in limbo!  I do not want to wait a full week for another to replace it!"

Getting to the point, the hunter saw the creature and sighed in relief.  Readying his blade, it was around then that all of his search alarms kicked in.  Someone was hidden?

"Huh?"

Stats

Spoiler

Hirru Lvl 53

1105 HP
106 Energy
2 Accuracy
1 Evasion
16 Base Damage (17 w/ Ferocity) [21 w/ Ferocity & Charge]
72 Mitigation

Equipment

Loyalty of the Sworn Knight ........ // +9 Damage
Spirit of the Jade Dragon .......... // +2 Accuracy, +1 Evasion
Pride of the Guardian .............. // +54 Mitigation
Blades Cloak ....................... // Vanity
Dimensional Backpack ............... // +1 B.R.I Slot

Battle Ready Inventory

<Teleportation Crystal> x3 ......... // Teleport to a town / out of a dungeon [Uses 2 posts: 1 for use, next to teleport]
<Natures Blessing> x3 .............. // Heal +45 hp
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>

Skills

One Handed Straight Sword .......... // Rank 5: +5 DMG
Heavy Armor ........................ // Rank 3: +18 MIT
Search and Detect .................. // Rank 5: +5 LD | +5 Stealth Detect
Charge ............................. // Rank 4: +4 DMG on successful first strike
Martial Arts ....................... // Rank 2: +4 Unarmed
Concentration ...................... // +1 to your BD / 5 turn cooldown
Survival ........................... // Heal 45 HP when out of battle each post / Negate environmental damage

Skill Mods

Reveal ............................. // +2 to Labyrinth searches|Post 15 searches
Detect ............................. // +1 to Labyrinth searches|+2 Stealth Detect
Athletics .......................... // +1 Dmg / +45 HP
OHSS Ferocity ...................... // +1 Dmg to all OHSS Sword Arts
OHSS Finesse R3 .................... // -3 EN to all OHSS Sword Arts

@Hikoru

Edited by Hirru

Hikoru watched as the Snow Beast noticed another creature nearby, and it looked towards the emerald-haired player. Hikoru took his chance now and leapt from nearby, striking it right into the heart, then the sword art kicking it and completely overkilling the creature as the "Quest Complete" appeared in front of his face. He pressed accept and received the small vial of essence, then looked at the emerald haired player, waving at him a bit awkwardly.

"Oh hey." He said simply, then pocketed the vial and sheathed his dagger. He let out a sigh as his heart rate decreased a bit from the sudden movement. That was not as much excitement as he wanted, but he knew that his mind was just a little bit sharper than before. He turned to the player and raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing out here? It's cold this late at night." He said, a bit curious if he had missed that he was being stalked by someone

ID: 97181 BD: 3+1=4 (Disregarded Due to Surprise Attack)

Hikoru used Swarm: 16+7=23 x 14 = 322 x 1.15 = 370 Damage to Snow Beast

Hikoru: 1420/1420 126/142

Snow Beast: -120/250 ded

In a moment, the hunter's day went from sixty to zero, and then to one hundred in a single moment.  As if a door had opened in the sky, a familiar dark streak landed on the Snow Beast and ripped it to shreds.  After the beast shattered and its remaining light returning to Lunara, the hunter was face to face with the Master of Shadows, Hikoru.  All of his work to get here was for nothing to his client, he would have to let them know that he would accept no payment for this failure.  He sighed heavily.

"Deja'vu, Hikoru.  We need to stop meeting like this."

He said while reliving the last time that they met alone which was against the same boss for the exact same item.  Opening up his messages, he would send the info to his client that he would be out of luck for the time being.

"Oh, you know.  Taking a stroll to see if Survival will ever level up to something better."

He veined a joke, but that really didn't seem to suit the jade hunter.

"Nah, my business was already taken care of by a shadow, though."

HIkoru chuckled and agreed with the young man. They always seemed to meet here, which was always an odd thing, but he thought nothing of it. He chuckled at the small joke, then looked down in sorrow as he had seemed to take the kill. "Apologies, If you had been here but a few moments sooner you would have gotten it..." He said with a sigh. He started to walk away, when he stopped. "Say, Hirru..." He thought with an idea that popped into his head. "Do you... want to try to go on a quest that may or may not exist?" He asked. He realized how stupid it really sounded, but at this point he was desperate. He needed someone to help him with these rumors, and he knew he could rely on Hirru to get the job done. He had seen the green-haired man in action at a lot of boss raids, so he knew that he had the strength for some of these. Others however, he knew he would not be ready for. They were some that needed to be done by a large group that could easily take out a large group of people or a large boss on their own, such as Calrex, Itzal, Morg, Shield, Beat... Many players that he knew could handle that. He would get in contact with them in time, but he needed to make sure such quests existed before then.

The hunter nodded as they had far too many encounters on this floor for quite some time.  Though when the shadowed man turned his gaze after hearing that the hunter was here for the creature itself, well more for the reward, he shook his head and raised his hands in a gesture to not worry about it.  As with everything in this world, those that get to it first, claim the rewards of their efforts.  Some saw this as the Last Hit Bonus that everyone is so keen on during raids or events, but the hunter had no need for such frivolities.  There were hunts to be done, and creatures to be slain.  That was his life outside of the Knight of the Blood Oath.

"It's alright.  I'm used to it."

With that said, it seemed that Hikoru would have a job for him.  It seemed that he wanted the hunter to seek out a specific quest that may or may not even exist.  The hunter figured that the shifty one had his hand in the information gathering trade, as he used to before Opal's demise.  Now, there wasn't much use for the info except for stats on players for tactical planning, and lore information that may give some hints to getting everyone back to their own world.  Or hints towards his own goal.

The hunter shrugged.

"I got nothing better to do now. Might as well give your quest a look.  However.." 

He looked around at the cold tundra.

"Let's do it in a warmer climate, eh?"

Hikoru listened as he said it was fine, and he seemed interested in the quest he spoke of, or at least one of the many few. He let out a breath of relief, and nodded as he said he wanted to get to a warmer climate. He motioned towards the town. "I have a place on a higher floor, just follow me and we'll get there eventually." He said, then started to walk to the town hastily in silence. The two of them soon appeared to the teleporter on the main town's square. He stepped onto it and looked up. "Teleport, Floor 21." He said simply. He held his breath as he soon appeared in Tomoika, the main town of the 21st Floor. Many of the people knew him and gave him a wave, which he nodded in their direction before moving farther into the back streets of the town, soon coming to an ominous, carved out-looking entrance with a skull on it. He let out a sigh.

"Home sweet home." He said with a chuckle. He placed his hand on a pad nearby and the stone rolled into a hidden slot nearby, showing an old, wooden door. He went over and unlocked it with a key, then opened his door for Hirru. "Come come, before the stone closes and you're trapped outside with no way in." He said with a chuckle, meaning it as a joke. Although the outside of the house looked morbid, he had a higher stature of living, his living room and study connected in the same, his study just on a higher level. He came through the door as Hirru did, closing it as the sound of the stone soon closed. He motioned to a button on the wall. "This button opens the outer door, so don't feel like your trapped." He said with another chuckle. "Now, would you like some tea or coffee to feel at home?"

Picture of Doorway:

Spoiler

373982_art_dver_peshhera_cherep_putnik_fakel_letuchie_1680x1050_www.GdeFon.ru_.jpg

As if the hunter had seen everything, there was always something to trump it.  One of which was hearing that Hikoru had finally purchased his home, after hearing him want one from a distance for so long, the hunter figured that he wouldn't be getting it any time in the near future.  Though here they were on the twenty first floor looking at the skull door that blocked the entrance.  The look of it made the hunter give a look of disappointment, though he didn't really understand why.  It seemed like a great deterrent for anyone that wanted to venture near, but something in him just wanted to shake his head in embarrassment.  It didn't help that Hikoru was also making the jokes about the stone locking one in.  Half-heartingly believing the joke, the hunter hurried a little through the entrance into the fine domicile of the Master of Shadows.

"Well, I'll be."

Was all he could say before looking towards Hik.

"I'll take a coffee.  It has been a while since I enjoyed something that isn't water or non-alcohol."

Hikoru watched as his facial expression looked a bit pained, then a bit surprised. He knew people expected much worse when they looked at the entrance, but he planned that on purpose. He nodded and went towards the nearby table where he left a steaming pot of coffee for when he had gotten home from his previous adventure. He poured out two cups, set the pot down, then brought over the two cups and setting them down on the coffee table. He otioned towards the cream and sugar he had next to them, and sat down on one of the black couches. He fixed his coffee, then took a small sip, testing the flavor. He shook his head and added a bit more sugar, then tested it again. It would do, as he didn't want to spend 5 minutes finding the perfect amount. He cleared his throat and looked at Hirru.

"So, before we continue, allow me to explain what I meant, as it did sound a bit odd even to myself when I spoke." He said with a sigh. "I am no longer apart of the Celestial Ascendants." he said bluntly, then picked up his coffee cup. "I am now working with the Info Brokers, Sort of like i'm their boss now..." he said, trying to put it into words. "I am send countless quests and rumors of things that people hear around, and it's my job to sort, and find out if they're true. It's a hard job, but I enjoy it." He said with a small sigh. "But, i'm afraid i'm getting a bit backed up in my work-" He motioned to the mound of papers on his desk. "-and I need a bit of help to find some quests to see if they exist." He said, and turned to him. "Any questions before we move on?"

Taking a moment to take the house in while Hikoru was fixing the coffee, the hunter seemed to remember that this was only the second house that he had been in.  The first would be Zandra's, but that was only through her shop side of the home.  Still, it would count towards those memories, and would work towards his judging of the ascetics.  It seemed that this place was sectioned off slightly better than Zandra's, but Hikoru might not have had his old job in mind.   Especially with the talk that they were going to have.

Taking the cup of coffee from the host, the hunter nodded his thanks before taking a seat across from Hik, and looking down at his drink.  Taking the creamer, the hunter would pour a small amount around the inner rim.  After a slight amount of stirring, he tasted it.  It was around this point that the hunter remembered that he didn't know what the heck he was doing, and figured that this was how coffee was.  He would drink it as is though, not to put off Hikoru's generosity.  Though, it was still good, regardless.

Listening to the Master of Shadows, he nodded as he went on, taking sips in between.

"I made my own assumptions from the meeting, but I never figured you to leave the Ascendants.  At least, not yet."

He made the last point mid sip.

"Although, I'm glad that you're working with our boys and girls in the background.  They really seemed to need the help after I.."

The hunter stopped, but at this point, he figured that the Shadow Boi knew.

"After I needed their help with finding Opal and her Killers."

Putting the cup down on the coffee table, he then gestured to forget about that.  There was no use in disturbing the dead.

"Anyway, what is this quest that you want me to investigate for you, and where is it?"

Edited by Hirru

Hikoru nodded, and he realized that it was a bit odd. But he had never truly thought that he would leave, but he knew that his time with the Ascendants was at an end. He knew that things weren't going to end well either way he looked at it, and he knew that a new Paladin would be better for them, as that person could focus and work where he hadn't, and be able to take his spot and be an actual Paladin, not just a name that came with the guild. He sipped on his coffee, and shook his head as he stood. "I'm afraid that the info your looking for is out of my control." He said with a sigh, then went over to the study that he had been working countless hours at. He opened up a drawer, and flicked through until he found a file labelled "Laughing Coffin." He opened it and showed only rumors, small slips of paper or a large paper with a few words and notes jotted down. 

"I only have rumors, nothing more. I've tried hunting them down or having my brokers search and try to find more info, but they have seemed to disappear." He said with a puzzled look, his brain going through the info that was there, but no clear lead could be found. There was something missing, and he couldn't find it. Hirru asked what quest, and he shook his head. "Right, right..." He said as he started to go through the large pile of paper's on his desk. He found a few papers of rumors, and he let out a chuckle. "We have two options. Either A. You go and look for a giant Hippo to fight, which sounds unreal." He said, picking up his coffee. "Or B. A quest that makes you remember something from the outside world... This one sounds interesting, would you want to give that one a shot?" He asked. "Also, are there any specific quest your looking for? I'm sure I have a file somewhere for every quest... Maybe missing one or two." He said with a small sip as he sat down in his chair.

The hunter sighed heavily.  He already knew that there wasn't much that the information brokers had, as he gave up after Opal's death was confirmed by him.  If the turn of events was the same, then there was no use asking him if any news on Lowenthal's death came up.  Especially since the two known to be there were either dead (Lowe) or comatose after the last raid boss. (Ariel)  There wasn't much else he could do for his former Vice Commanders, except be able to take up their mantle one day.

"That's alright.  I didn't think there would be anything else to find."

Onto the talks about the quests, though.  The first one seemed to be more up the Knights of the Blood Oath's alley.  Bringing Mac along to fight some.. hippo.. would be good publicity for them, especially if the quest hasn't been tackled yet.  He was about to smile and await the next one to be something even more grand.  He took the cup back up from the table to take another sip...

"..."

...The moment that Hikoru said the words "remember something from the outside world," the hunter's entire body tensed.  His face grew a dark serious tone, furrowed brow and all.  Those blue orbs seemly fading.  His grip on his cup, which sat at his lips untouched, was getting close to the point of shattering it, but restrained as best as he could.  Lowering the cup to avoid an accident, he was a guest and it wouldn't be in good grace to let it out now.  Out of all of the times that the hunter showed any emotion that wasn't half-happy / half-tired, this one was one of the few times he did it in front of another person.

..R..ember...

..Rem...er...

"..Tell me more of that last one.."

@Hikoru

Hikoru was a bit puzzled about how he acted when he told him about the quest about the outside world. He was a bit worried for the young man, but he grabbed the file and brought it to the coffee table, where he sat to the couch in front of his own that he was sitting in. He opened the file to a few scraps and some documents, that he laid out maticulously on the table. He let out a small sigh and looked at the papers to refresh his memory.

"As far as they've gathered, its something you care about? Usually, people don't forget fond memories, but it may be more than that... None of the info brokers dared to enter, and if they came close they were freaked out by the area. It's made me curious, but again it's only speculation. There could be something, and then there could be nothing." He chuckled. "Almost like the <<Calming the Soul>> quest I took awhile back. Didn't think i'd have demons to fight like I did, but man was it something I had to overcome to get stronger..." He sighed. "It's amazing what this game has done to a lot of us... changed us for better, or worse..."

@Hirru

• 1 month later...

The hunter eyes seemed to strain at the papers that his shadow brother had procured and laid out upon the table.  A few recounts of several different excursions, mostly ending in someone getting superstitious or freaked out by 'bad vibes' and running away.  Cowards!  Any true lore and investigative player would seek any information, including things that would be from the other side.  Everyone was worried about the other side, or they should have been worried.  It has been so long now, that the hunter truly thinks that some people prefer this world over the other.  He knew of one person that has told him so in person, Crimson Maiden, Teayre; when she made him a brother of the family.

Hikoru then started talking about a specific quest that even the hunter had heard of.  Calming the Soul, the specific quest was called.  He thought about looking into it, but it sounded far too silly to be true.  However, with this latest quest possibly giving a glimpse into the other side, that quest may be something to look into, as well.

"Alright, that sounds up my alley."

The hunter said while still focusing in on the papers for any minor hints.

"Also, could you go into more detail on the <<Calming the Soul>> quest too?  I've heard that these demons are something else, but I dismissed the quest entirely for sounding too.. ridiculous."

@Hikoru

Hikoru nodded as he said it sounded up his alley. He nodded and started to type up a message, essentially copying and pasting what his notes said so he could have a copy, and he could report what he found, or if he found anything at all. He looked it over and saw that what he wrote made sense, to him at least, and sent it to Hirru. He nodded as he asked about the <<Calming the Soul>> Quest, and he leaned back, scratching his chin a bit, thinking over it with some curiosity in trying to remember.

"Well, how it worked for me is that I sat underneath the waterfall, the water roaring in my ears as I zoned out everything except my breathing, and eventually I landed in this area.... Like my whole body was there, but nothing could be heard. Then, there were four doors, the demons within my own mind I had to overcome..." He chuckled. "Mine were interesting, to say the least. Mine was Ariel, when we were together, Opal, Rohk, and... myself, more specifically my darker side, the one that wanted to kill things, wanted to end lives..." He shook his head. "After that, the quest was done and I left my mind to find myself back under the waterfall. I don't know how it will be for you, but I've heard that your mind can come in many shapes and forms. Due to who I am, my mind was black, secretive, full of shadows..." He chuckled again "It could be completely different for you, but who knows?"

With a ping, a message with most of the details that Hikoru had already explained was in front of him.  This information was very little, but it would be enough to settle on.  The twenty second floor's Forest of Memories would be his new 'hunting grounds' for now.  A minute or so passed while the hunter reread through the entirety of the message until he was satisfied.  With a deep sigh, he pushed the window away and took his cup of coffee back into his hands.  It was obvious by Hik's eyes from before that the hunter let something slip.  At this point, he didn't much care for the slightest things, but he wasn't going to let them know about 'it'.

Not just yet.

He chuckled through Hikoru's attempt at a joke while calming himself into the drink in his hands. By the sound of it, this quest would be just as good for him as the one that Hik wanted the hunter to investigate.  One quest to find the good memories of his past life.  Another to find the bad memories, or demons, as they're called.

"Hmm.. I wonder.."

'..what does nothing look like?' ,he thought as he took a sip from his coffee.

@Hikoru

Hikoru picked up his mug of coffee and drank the rest of it slowly, thinking of where to go next. He had given him all his information that he was looking for, and now he needed to get some info himself. As an info broker, he was always looking for information, and even though he had a lot already, there still was some things that he didn't know about. Like how his guild worked, or info about Laughing Coffin, which he was sure he was looking into, since the whole 'Opal' Incident happened. He still shuddered at the lady, but he knew that she was no longer a threat to him, as she had disappeared over the time of him grinding and completing quests and floors. He set down his empty coffee mug, and he put his hands together, his fingers intertwining.

"Now that i've given the information your looking for, I believe it's time for your payment." He said with a chuckle. "I'm not very interested in col nowadays, since I have my home and the equipment I need, nor are materials something I strive for either. My store closed long ago." He looked directly into his eyes. "No i'm after information, and you have some that I could use." He leaned forward a little bit, adding the suspense.

"Tell me everything you know about Heathcliff, including his Unique Skill"

At the mention of payment, the hunter smirked as he figured as much.  Information for information, was the true life of an info broker.  He was taking the last sip of his coffee when the subject was dropped.  He felt the urge to spit it back out, not in surprise, but from laughter.  That was one of the most left field subjects that Hikoru could have brought up.  He could have brought up Laughing Coffin; wherever the hell Mack is; or anything that could be more useful than..

"You want to know about the Commander?"

He said after finally forcing himself to drink the last bit.  Sitting the cup down, he immediately sighed.

"I should have figured that this day would come, but I guess payment is required."

He said while pulling open his menu, flipping out his numerous notes on every person that he has ever dealt with; friendly or otherwise.  He located the one that was labeled 'COMMANDER HEATHCLIFF' which was right next to the ones labeled 'OPAL', 'LOWE', and 'MACK'.  Grabbing that, he made it visible to all players in vicinity, and flipped it to show Hikoru.

COMMANDER HEATHCLIFF

ALL INFORMATION IS SPECULATIVE FROM OBSERVATIONS MADE DURING CHOICE ENCOUNTERS.  NOTHING HAS BEEN VALIDATED.

LEVEL: UNKNOWN
SPECULATIVE LVL: 80+
WEAPON: OHSS AND SHIELD // POSSIBLE DEMONIC FROM UNIQUE SKILL // POSSIBLY HOLY DAMAGE AND BLESSING
KNOWN SKILLS:
BLOCK = GM?
HVY ARM = GM?
OHSS = GM?
BTL HLG = GM?
SPECULATIVE SKILLS: UNKNOWN
MODS: UNKNOWN
SPECULATIVE MODS: FEROCITY AND ATHLETICS FOR DPS // STONEWALL FOR TANKING
UNIQUE SKILL: UNKNOWN NAME ~ SPECULATIVE NAME: HOLY SWORD // SWORD ARTS ARE EXTREMELY POWERFUL USING HOLY ASPECT FOR EVERYTHING

COMMANDER HEATHCLIFF IS A MYSTERY ALL ON HIS OWN.  NOTHING IS REALLY KNOWN ABOUT HIM UNTIL THE CREATION OF THE KNIGHTS OF THE BLOOD OATH.  EVEN THEN, ONLY SMALL ENCOUNTERS, BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF GUILD FUNCTIONS, HAVE BEEN NOTED.  TWO EXCEPTIONAL EXAMPLES ARE HIS MASSIVE ATTACKS DURING THE 19TH BOSS RAID, AND HIS TANKING ABILITIES BEHIND EVERY OTHER RAID HE APPEARS IN.  AT THE CURRENT MOMENT, ONLY CALREX HAS BEEN SHOWN TO HAVE THE CAPABILITIES TO USE OFFENSE AND DEFENSE AT THE SAME TIME, BUT IT USUALLY COSTS HIM IN ONE OR THE OTHER, WHICH IS CIRCUMVENTED BY HIS LARGE HEALTH POOL AND UNIQUE SKILL

COMMANDER HEATHCLIFF, HOWEVER, HAS BEEN SHOWN TO POSSESS EQUAL AMOUNTS OF BOTH TREES.  IT MAY COME FROM HIS UNIQUE SKILL AND THE DEMONIC ITEM THAT COMES WITH IT, BUT TO THINK THAT EVERY U.S. HAS A DEMONIC ITEM SET TO IT HAS BEEN SKEPTICAL, AT BEST.  THOUGH, THERE ARE NO REPORTS OF OTHER ADVENTURERS USING THEIR SHIELDS AS A SHEATH.

HIS MOST STRIKING NOTE IS HIS UNCANNY KNACK TO DISAPPEAR TO SOME QUEST OR TRAINING GROUNDS.  NO ONE KNOWS WHERE HE GOES, AND HE TURNED OFF THE GUILD TRACKER FOR ALL THE GUILD EXCEPT THE VICE COMMANDER.

REPORT ONGOING...

"I haven't been keeping up with it, lately.  So, if there are any questions.  Let me know."

@Hikoru

Edited by Hirru

Hikoru scanned the file in front of him intently. He memorized every detail, every line spoke about Commander Heathcliff. There were many things here that he had noticed, and some things that he hadn't noticed. He nodded to himself, before starting to jot some mental notes of his down. He had a few questions, but he decided against asking them for now. He would have his Info Broker's check for some info at a later time. But everything here he knew he could trust. He nodded and put his notebook away.

"There, that should be good. I'm interested in whats here, but i'll take a look later. Anyways, one mor-" A ring could be heard through the house from his clock. He looked at the time, and realized that he was late for his meeting. "Craaaaaaap I need to go." He whispered to himself. He quickly got up and starting getting ready, equipping his items and making sure his cloak was secure to him. "Okay, so I actually need to go. I'm going to be late for a meeting and probably get chewed out for it, so i'm sad to say that our meeting has to end..." He said with a sigh. "We'll have to just chat over coffee some day, when i'm not busy and your not looking for information." He nodded and pressed the button near his door, the large stone door outside could be heard. "Thank you for the information, and a pleasure doing business." He said with a small nod.

• 3 weeks later...

The hunter swiped the window away after Hikoru was done.  It seemed like he was really interested in the information, no matter how broken or misinterpreted it seemed.  He knew well enough why the Master of Shadows would want that information.  The commander was an interesting subject for most information brokers.  A mysterious tank that appeared from nowhere with a guild that no one knew existed until the eleventh floor or so.  Even the hunter was intrigued when he found out, but that intrigue tapered out after the man being not what he seemed.  He was a grand leader in person, but was always busy.  Never any time for his men.

Hik seemed to be in a hurry and it definitely seemed like it was time for him to go too.  There was always someone that needed help, and he needed to tell his client that they needed to wait for some time for the next creature to appear for an essence to spawn.

"I'll see you around, Hik.  Even if you don't want to."

The last was a joke on his ridiculous eyesight after the multitude of skills that he spent his time on.  Getting up, he walked over to where Hik had pointed out to him earlier.  Feeling around, he found a switch that would open the entrance and proceeded to step out.  Once he was sure he was out of range of the shadow hunter, the jade hunter eyes glinted with a light that he had never had in a long time.

"Finally.. my past..."