[F17-SP]A Tailors Ascension CLOSED

Spoiler

Floor 17
<<Challenge Of Olympus: Tailor>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: 1 (Solo Only)
Must be Rank 2+ Tailor | Non-Repeatable

OMj2Vp2jwOMOo0UNoIH8crfZhQYez99J9DlSS0Ka

Rewards:

• 1 Additional SP
  • (+1) CD Tool, Aphrodite's Loom

Objectives:

• Roleplay The Challenge:
    • Meet with the satyr on Floor 17.
    • Meet with Aphrodite outside of Mt. Olympia and accept her challenge.
    • Describe the details of the challenge, face-off with Aphrodite and roleplay out how you best the Goddess of Love.

Summary:
Disclaimer:  The God(s) in this quest are NPCs for RP flavor only and cannot engage in combat nor affect the world in any way other than what’s described.

Tailors who have reached rank 2 in their profession receive a notification stating that a rare quest is available to them on floor seventeen. Upon arriving to the floor, a satyr's sudden appearance will easily startle nearby NPCs, and he promptly inform you that you have been invited to the gates of Mt. Olympia. It seems that Aphrodite herself would like to challenge you to a Battle of Crafts.

Players must RP meeting with Aphrodite, and they are free to describe the details of the challenge that is issued however they like as long as it pertains to tailoring. They must RP the challenge out appropriately, encouraged to make the crafting battle very difficult, though not impossible. 

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • All crafting done in this quest is RP only--no rolls required, and items cannot be given stats or submitted for evaluation.

Hei had been quite active in his shop lately, and so it was no wonder when he reached a new rank in his profession. He had waited for it, as it would further speed up the process of crafting and probably increase his chances for creating better items, what he had not expected to see was the small notification, that informed him about a rare quest he had qualified for. - I wonder what this is all about. I never heard of special profession quests within SAO, but then I don't know if there are updates or maybe automatically created quests once we players reach some progress in the game. - and so with many questions in his head Hei decided that he could not let the chance of a rare quest unused. Not knowing what type of quest this was, he came to the conclusion that it was better to take both his battle equipment and a little bit of his tailoring equipment with him. Before he left his shop, he opened his menu to get the gamers guide he had gotten lately to have a look at what the seventeenth floor was all about. "The floor contains multiple cities in the style of ancient greek ones. It is said that there is a mountain the gods live on." he read to himself, then he nodded and made his way towards the teleporter of the first floor.

Spoiler

Hei: 520/520 HP | 52/52 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG

Inventory:
Gae Bulg (OHAS) 3 DMG
Scales of Speed 3 EVA
Dragon's Eye 3 ACC

Battle Ready Items:
T1 Damage Potion
T1 Overhealth Potion
Nature's Blessing (3 Charges)
The Carmpions Robes LD +3

Edited by Hei

Quickly rereading the text, he found out which town was the main settlement that would hold the teleportation platform, and so Hei walked up to the platform, stood there and said "Athenaia"  to disappear and reappear on the seventeenth floor. The settlement was an enormous town that amazingly looked like an ancient Greek city. The white marble buildings reminded Hei of the old part of Athena he had visited in the real world, and as it was standard in SAO, the town was inhabited with NPCs wearing the fitting cloths. - this looks so nice. I should have come here earlier. - he thought while looking at a couple of toga wearing men discussing what ever. Then he heard a scream from the other side and turned around. A woman had dropped a vase, as a inhuman creature ran through the streets towards him. The satyr, that wore nothing more than it's fur was quite the sight and it looked as if the NPCs living here didn't see something like this often. They nearly panicked when the satyr pulled an multitone horn and got ready to play it, always looking at Hei.

• 3 weeks later...

Hei was shocked and bewildered by the creature that had appeared and so he wasn't quick enough with reacting to stop it before it had started. With loud noise, the Satyr played the horn and a crowd of staring peoples gathered on the far side of the plaza, looking at him, who was obviously the satyrs target. Once it had played the horn, it dropped the instrument just to continue with his own bleating voice. "Hear ye, Hear ye! Thou are the one, chosen to pay thy respect to thy gods. Thy Gods greet thou into their realm of the Mount Olympus. Thy goddess Aphrodite wants thou to visit her and show her thy skills. Will thou follow thy goddess' orders?"  The satyr proclaimed and Hei had to revise what he had heard just now, to be sure he had heard right. - This thing wants that I come to visit the gods of this floor, and he wants that I show them my skills. I don't think that's a good idea, but who am I to let such a great opportunity go by unused. This probably is the rare quest I had heard of. - Hei thought, while the satyr was waiting for his response.

• 3 weeks later...

With the Satyr still looking at him, waiting for a response, Hei decided that accepting it was the only way he would find out what this was about, so he turned his attention back to the satyr and proclaimed, so the other NPCs could hear it "If it is the gods' will for me to pay them a visit, I will indeed accept their invitation and follow you to their realm at the mount Oympus. Is there anything else I have to be aware of?" and to his own surprise it wasn't the satyr that answered, but some of the people that gazed at them. "Hey you, you have to bring a sacrifice for the gods, follow me and I'll show you my wares." - If this is some kind of joke, it is a good one - Hei thought but he followed the vendor into his shop, and saw that he had beautiful fabric and small statues made from gold. "Wow, these look really well made and like the gods would appreciate them, so what would you suggest for the goddess of love?" he asked, and the vendor showed him a small statue of a beautiful bird. Hei nodded and bought it, before he returned to the plaza where the satyr was still waiting.

When he returned to the Satyr, the mythic creature quietly told him to follow along, as they had to wander for a few days maybe, as mount Olympus was all across the floor. "Okay, that sounds like a long journey I can use to restock my materials before I arrive and talk with the goddess" And the satyr, not happy but accepting that lead him out of the town. From outside the town looked even more impressive then from within, as it was surrounded by a huge marble wall, that would be a great defence against what ever would attack the town. But the surrounding landscape looked just as impressive, as it was covered in perfectly planned fields and meadows, only interrupted by aqueducts that crossed the land and brought water to everyone who might need it.
Hei had to admit, that this was a really nice floor and he was a little sad that he never had visited it before.
"Hey, do you have a name mister Satyr?" Hei asked, as he thought it would be nice to know it in case he wanted to talk to him, but the satyr just shook his head and lead the way further away from the town.

Even though the Satyr had shaken his head when Hei had asked him about his name, a little later, when Hei was looking around and stopped ho inspect some plants he hadn't seen before, the Satyr cough and started to talk "Hear me master Hei, the goddess doesn't like to wait, but who does? So it would be nice if you could not stop at every flower you see. You know, if you do that, it'll be like Deoseus, what'd take you so long to bring this mere mortal to me? and all I would be able to say is that you preferred to pluck some plants." and Hei could see the worried expression in the Satyrs face. "Hmm, if you tell it like this Deoseus, it appears that this is merely your problem, but I'll try to not stop at every flower, just the ones that are really interesting to me" And even though Hei could see the Satyr not really being happy with it, he marched on, and stopped not to far away at another interesting plant and after a short examination, he gathered the parts that were of worth for him.

ID# 99816
LD:
20 -> CD: 3 -> +1 bonus material

T2 mat total: 2

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

As Hei travelled with Deoseus, slowly the landscape surrounding him changed, the fields and meadows got swapped out with more wild grass that only little cattle was grazing on, and soon there were clusters of trees. Hei was about to ask Deoseus, if there was to come forest, when they reached the top of a hill, and he saw that there wasn't forest, but bugger clusters of tree that lined a stream. We have to walk upstream for about half a mile to cross the river with dry feet. And before you ask, yes you can have a break and go look for some materials before we march onwards" The satyr said with a pained look on his face. Hei wouldn't think twice before speeding up to get to the stream as quick as possible and then have a break he used to look at the plants that were growing close to the stream. The plants around were mere reeds he couldn't use for anything, so after a short break, he decided to continue his journey towards mount Olympus.

ID# 100534
LD: 5 +3 -> 8 -> nothing found
T2 total: 2

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

The journey towards Mount Olympus was long, and so the two of them had to take a break once and then, which Hei most of the time used to go and have a look a the local plants, but in the end, they came closer and closer, but before they reached the far away mountain, they reached a small village, and as the sun had begin to set, Hei asked Deoseus if it was okay, if they would stay there overnight. The Satyr, who had urged him to move quicker had a look at the sky, and then turned back to Hei. "There is no need to walk any further today, as we are to far away to reach it today, and the gods like to have their peace when the evening comes. So staying here is indeed a good idea. I know the tavern in this village well, and they should have a bed for you, as well as good wine."
Hei hadn't heard the Satyr as happy as he was when he had told him of the wine. Maybe it was true and they really loved the alcohol and women, as the old tales always said, but that was none of Hei's concern, so he simply let it be and walked towards the village, happy to sleep in a bed and not in the wilds, as he had feared.

ID# 101061
LD: 20 -> CD: 9 -> 2 Bonus mats
T2 total: 5

Edited by Hei

When Hei and the Satyr arrived at the small village, a group of NPCs awaited them. They looked like they were the villages elders, as none of them seemed to be beyond the age of 50 and all had grey hair. A man with long white hair came towards them and greeted them "Hello my dear travellers, it is nice to see some new faces in this village. We welcome you and would love to have you for tonight's festivities. The goddess of Love has told us that you would arrive, and that there will be celebration and contest tomorrow, so get some food and a good night of sleep, so you will be ready for tomorrow" Hei who had been walking all day was glad to hear something like that, even though he didn't know if he should be happy about the goddess of love wanting to have a contest tomorrow. He wished he could have some more preparation, but there wouldn't be time for that now.

In eager anticipation of the following day, Hei was not to attentive when he made his way to the villages small tavern, and so he didn't realized, that the inn was filled with probably most of the villages people where in there, waiting for them to come back into the tavern. Once he was inside the tavern, he bumped into a girl that had just brought drinks to some of the men sitting in there. "Oh, sorry for that" Hei quickly apologized to her, bowing as he had learned when he was small, and the girl added, that it wasn't bad. "Well, still I am sorry for bumping into you. Could I get you something to drink to make up for it?" he asked, as the girl looked nice and even though she had said it wasn't bad, Hei had seen that she was not alright.
Shyly looking at Hei, the girl began to blush, but then her expression went back to what one would expect of a inn maid.
"Well, I am busy at the moment, but I will come back to it later after my shift."

Hei hadn't expected this kind of behaviour from the maid, as he had first thought she was an NPC, but when he had a second look, he saw the green crystal floating above her head. - Oh, she is a player. I didn't know one could work in a tavern like this as player. Maybe I should have be more observing when talking to people. But on the other hand, from how she reacted, she might like me. - Hei thought, and was just a little overwhelmed by the situation. What should he do if she really liked him, he had never been on a date in the real world, and neither in here, so he was a little lost with what to do later, but now was time for him to think about what to do right now.
He had entered the tavern, but he neither had looked for a free place at a table, nor had he thought about what to drink or eat.
- Should I eat now, or wait till she is done with her shift? - he wondered, but then decided that he would eat right now, as he had been wandering the whole day.

Hei waited for the inn keeper to look towards him, then gave the man a wave. The man, who was the typical innkeeper, a little chubby, his hair already becoming grey and wearing a not quite clean apron, holding a glass in his left and wiping with a not to clean piece of fabric in it, making the glass look smeared. "Good evening, I am Hei and am here for I am to have a battle with the goddess of love tomorrow, Can I get a bed to rest and something to fill my empty stomach?" Hei asked the man, who's expression lightened as Hei told him he was the one to battle the gods. "Aye, for sure ya can have a bed, I got plenty of em. What kinda food would ya want to fill ya belly?" The innkeeper asked Hei, who had a short look at the popup menu that showed him what he could get. "I'd like to have some of this venison and potato if you got any of it left." The innkeeper nodded and left the room, making his way to the kitchen to prepare some food for Hei.

A few moments later, the innkeeper returned with a plate full of delicious looking meat and even better looking roast potatoes and placed it in front of Hei, in the other hand he held a big goblet filled with golden wine. Hei looked at the drink, as the innkeeper placed it in front of him, as he didn't remember ordering it. "This is from the elders of this village. See it as a present to you, who are the chosen one to battle the goddess tomorrow."  The innkeeper said and nodded the direction in which the older people were sitting. "Tell them my thanks, and while we are at the topic f me battling the goddess tomorrow, can you tell me anything about it?" Hei enquired. The innkeeper nearly lost his cool, when Hei asked him that, so Hei was even more worried about it. "How come you came here to battle the goddess and not even know anything about it?" He asked, as he realized, that Hei really didn't know anything.

Hei, who was a little perplex about the way this conversation was going, tried to think about how it was going. - So he had just been brought here by the Satyr, but if he understood the innkeeper right, he should already know what was going on. Maybe the Satyr should have told him, but as he hasn't done so, I will just ask the innkeeper once more - Hei thought and did as thought. "Well, Deoseus brought me here and told me, that the goddess had chosen me, but he didn't tell me what this was about." He replied honestly. The Innkeeper once more nearly lost his cool, but then told him about the goddess' ongoing challenges with the mortals. Hei who now wasn't any more sure than before, if he should do this battling thing. Shaking his head a little, he decided to just ignore it for now and to relish his meal. The meat was as tasty as it looked, and the potatoes just added to this great taste, so he had finished  the meal way quicker than he would have thought, and when he saw the girl he had bumped into approaching, he was happy that he had already finished his meal.

Without the maid dress, she looked even more beautiful, as she now wore a simply but lovely green dress, that made her fire red hair glow like real fire. - She looks like they would have burned her the instance they saw her back in the middle ages - was the first stupid thought that went through his brain, before it noticed, that he really liked what he saw and added -But I would have saved her, and maybe she would have showed me ... - Hei shook his head, before the thought was finished, as he realized it wouldn't end were it should. A man of good lineage as him shouldn't even think about that before marriage, that would be what his mother would tell him. This thought about his mother made him shake for a short moment, before he snapped back into the here and now. "Hey, have you finished your shift?" he asked with the dumb grin in his face, that normally only appears on teenagers when they talked to the girl they like. But it seemed, that she didn't notice it, as she replied "Well yeah, I just finished, and I couldn't let you get out of here without paying your price." she said with a grin on her face. Hei who hadn't expected this, after she had blushed earlier had to smile and lightly shake his head. "What do you mean with pay my price? Is there anything I did that would cost something?" he asked the girl, who just winked at him and ordered some fruity wine for herself.

When the sweet wine arrived, the innkeeper turned to Hei, as to ask him for the payment of it. Hei who hadn't heard the girl saying anything about him paying was a little puzzled by that, but he paid, as he felt it was the right to pay her drink, and turned back to the girl. - She is so beautiful, how come no one else is looking at her? Are they just ignorant or maybe blind? - he thought, as he couldn't understand them. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, ans she seemed to like him, which made the previous even better. "Well, at first you bumped into me, but that is not what you have to pay for. I will show you later what it is you pay for" she said in a playful but somehow sexy way, and Hei really wasn't sure how to react to this. - Is she some kind of cocotte? - he wondered, but quickly abolished the idea. This couldn't be the truth, she was to nice for this kind of job, and he didn't know if it even was a possibility in this game. "Oh, then I am really excited to see what it is, but how about you tell me your name first, so we can talk a little." The girl laughed a little, then smiled at him and said "You can call me Nymphia if you'd like. So what will we be talking about?"

Hei had heard the name before, but he couldn't remember where, so he simply assumed, it must have been in some game or another, and so he didn't realize who he was talking to. Nymphia had asked him what they would be talking about, and Hei, who had not the slightest idea closed his eyes for a short moment. He tried to think of anything, but the only thing he could focus on was her beautiful face. "Well, how about we talk about you? You seem to be a unique person, as I don't remember any other players working in an NPC run inn and looking this good in it." Hei said, trying to not sound to greasy. Nymphia smiled even brighter when he complimented her, and an impish glint in her eyes appeared. Everything went along her plan, and it seemed that Hei still didn't knew who he was talking with. Aphrodite loved playing with her contestants before they would contest their crafts, as it always was so fun, and this one seemed to be a good one.

The evening went by and Hei and Nymphia talked about different things, always lead by Nymphia, who seemed to have the power to manipulate him, at least a little. After they had their third or fourth glass of wine, Hei decided it was time for him to go to bed, as he had to be well rested for the next day, and so he bowed out. "It was a totally nice evening with you, but I have to go now. Good Night Nymphia, and I hope to see you tomorrow" The girl that had had a sly grin on her face the entire evening nodded, but then said "How about I come with you?" and Hei's face dropped. This was nothing he had ever heard a girl say to him, as he wasn't good at flirting or anything. Maybe she was just lonely in this far of village, but this wasn't a reason to act like this. Maybe his first thought hadn't been to wrong, even if he hated to think about it. But when he saw the big smile on her face, he realized it must have been something else. "Why would you want to come with me? We don't know each other longer than this evening, and it's not like I disappear tomorrow, am I?"

Edited by Hei

The girl laughed out loud, then snapping back to the smiling piece of beauty she was. "You are right, you probably won't disappear tomorrow, but I can't stay away from home for to long, or the others will become quite worried." This wasn't helping Hei at all, as he thought staying with him would worry who ever it was who was waiting more, but who knows. "I don't understand, but I still don't think it's the right thing to do. We will see tomorrow, and then we can get to know each other better, and maybe then you can come with me, but really just maybe" When he had said that, the smile disappeared for a second, before it returned and in this second Hei could see, that she was disappointed in his decision. But after the smile had returned, she was nice and polite and said goodnight, before she left. Her face followed Hei into his dreams, and he wasn't sure what it was about, but there was something strange about this dream.
When he woke up, he didn't remember anything about the dream, except, that Nymphia had told him, that they surely would meet the next day.

Early in the morning, Hei woke up and as he knew he would meet with a goddess today took out some of the nicer cloth he had crafted for himself, before walking down to the taverns main room. Despite the early hour, the room was full of people, that were talking and having breakfast, and when Hei sat down, the innkeeper quickly appeared and presented some good looking food for him to eat. Hei thanked the man and wanted to have some quiet breakfast, but he was interrupted, when Deoseus entered the room and excitedly told him, that Aphrodite had arrived. Hei who was curious by nature left his food where it was and walked outside to see the girl that had told him that her name was Nymphia out there, circled by the elders. "Good morning my dear goddess of love and beauty. It is so nice to meet you" Hei said, bowing down to the ground, just to lift his head to the same big smile he had seen the day before. The goddess herself wagged her hand and ignored the polite introduction. "Good morning Hei, nice to see you again. Do you now believe me, that we see each other today?"  she asked, astonishing the elders that had gathered.