[ PP - F22 ] <<What We Live For>> [ Shin & Spangie ]

Spangie skipped happily down the paths of Coral, her brightly colored familiar resting in her shoulders. What was I here for again? She froze, and flicked her head stupidly. Oh right! I got that quest.. she poked her cheek, remembering the info she's had gotten from a certain info broker. "It was this floor right?" she said out loud, waking up her familiar. Apricot gave a loud chirp of protest, and pecked innocently at her cloths. Spangie mouthed a quick sorry and went back to thinking. What was this quest even for again? She squinted at the sun. She clapped her hands together suddenly, startling her familiar even more. "Right! It was the quest to get a photo of something.." she trailed off, biting her lip.

Eh, I know where to find it at least. She shrugged and gave a small huff. Maybe I need help.. it is floor 22.. she sighed, looking around for anyone. I barely know anyone though. Her lips frowned as there were few people in the town in general. Hopefully someone shows up?

@Shin

"Why do I keep running into you?" Shin said, having come across Kanaria again. The 22nd floor apparently had no monsters in the field so it was deemed safe unless you took on that fishing quest. So he had decided to check it out despite his level. And of course the person he has to run into was his so called childhood friend Kanaria. She had skipped off before telling him her in game name so he didn't know it and most likely vice versa as Shin hadn't bothered to mention it. "I guess you heard of quest here regardless of your level but because you just remembered the floor number, you wanted to get help?" He said in his usual bored tone. "This is floor 22, there are no monsters here." It was the only peaceful floor in this death game. The only exceptions being the area around the boss and the monster fish. "So what's the quest this time?"

@Spangie

"Oh hi Minato!" She squealed, turning around to find her old bestie. "Im actually trying to do this quest called 'What we Live For'. You're supposed to get a cool picture of what you remember from the real world the most!" she said excitedly, a little too loudly since it woke Apricot on her shoulder, "Oh yeah! Apricot! Look who it is!" she said, poking the bird and then pointing to Shin. The bird yawned drowsily but then focused on Shin, realizing who it is, she chirped loudly and flapped her wings widely. Spangie sputtered as a bunch of feathers flew in her mouth. "Calm downnnn!" she blew a feather out of her mouth and grinned. "So you want to help~?" she said clapping her hands together.

"Im a much higher level now so you need not to worry about me now!" she grinned. I have gotten a lot stronger since last time.. she thought happily. "So have you gotten stronger? Hmm?"

@Shin

"What I remember the most huh? Doesn't seem all that pleasant. Some people have bad memories after all." Shin said with a more bitter expression on his face. He briefly remembered the most prominent memory in his brain which was the car crash and resulting fire that changed him into who he was now.

Shin just stood there in silence as Apricot the baby phoenix, he still thought it was a dumb name, started getting in Kanaria's face. His facial expression as usual was unchanged. Once that was over, she asked him to help. "Do you even need help on this quest? This is the 22nd floor, there are no monsters." He said in monotone. "Well, you'd just drag me along anyway and it'd be more of a pain to be dragged along so I'll go."

"I gotten a little stronger. Not strong enough though." Shin said sounding as if he didn't care. At the same time, he wanted to get people out of here as soon as possible.

@Spangie

Edited by Shin

"Oh come on! You're young, you must have some things that make you happy!" she pouted, flicking him in the head, "What about when you met me? Ehhh?" she gave a sly grin and stuck out her tongue. "If you want to be a part pooper though, don't be my guest, I try to remain happy!" she said in her normal cheery voice and put two little fingers on the sides of Shins mouth, pushing it upward. "Be happy!" she giggled at his forced smile.

She put her hands on her hips and huffed a small frown on her face. "Of course I do! But you Mr. Part Pooper need it more than me!" she giggled and twirled playfully. "We're young and alive in here! Just because we're stuck doesn't mean we can't enjoy it! We all need a vacation at some point!" she pointed a finger up in his face. "So what's it going to be Friend A?"

"Oh really?" she said tilting her head. "Are you trying to get into the front lines?" she giggled. "A million levels and I'd still be too much of a wimp to get out there.."

@Shin

"That was the start of my life thrown into chaos." Shin said in monotone in response to her saying that meeting her was a good thing. While he was much more cheerful as a child, her idiocy and occasional wild antics still drove him crazy a lot. All of a sudden, his mouth was moved in a forced smile. As this was not an attack, Shin didn't resist as that would just waste more energy. His expression with the forced smile and the bored eyes looked hilarious. 

"Ah, am I supposed to be your wingman on some date?" Shin said something sorta close to a joke though it was still emotionless. This was from how the term Friend A was usually for describing the friend who was the wingman of a person trying to get a date. "I'm afraid I would be a terrible wingman." He said emotionlessly.

"I want to reach the front lines so I can help get everyone out even a little bit faster. Even if it kills me." His self sacrificial nature had popped out as he stated his motivation which actually had some emotion this time. Albeit only a serious tone of voice but that was still better than nothing.

@Spangie

Edited by Shin

“Stop being a party pooper..” she pouted, slapping him jokingly on the shoulder. But she couldn’t stop herself from laughing at the ‘smiling’ player only a few seconds ago. She collected her self and exhaled, her bird blinking innocently at the two. “Be happy for once!” she held up her pointer finger in his face. “If you can name one time you were truly happy, I’ll leave you alone,” she huffed and crossed her arms.

She put her fingers up to her lips. “Shhh.. I’ll call you when I get one,” she giggled and pointed at his face. “You.. or I can always force you to smile when things go bad,” she gave an evil grin and twirled around playfully.

Her eyebrow raised, “But what happens if you really die? You won’t be able to see your family,” she giggled and booped him on the nose, “Silly Minato, you got me worried there!” she chuckled but then her yes widened. “I don’t know your player name yet! Mines Spangie but you  can still call me by my real name,” she grinned.

@Shin