[PP-F3] The Minotaurs, the Rivals, and the Pendant <<Search for the Hoya>>

Krysta began hearing of a place in the third floor said to hold a pendant that can appear as one of many different kinds and styles, yet it always remained a pendant. She wondered, what would it's form be if she approached the mystical treasure? There would be one way to find out, but she would never expect the events that would take place within the tomb where the pendant rested. She pulled up her messenger.

To: @Vigilon

Subject: Mystical Pendant

Alex, I've received word of a pendant that takes different forms within floor three. I don't know if I'll be strong enough to tackle the challenge or what it may hold on my own. Would you mind coming along?

She sent the message, and was on her way to the safe zone's edge, and would reach the area shortly, to wait for Vigilon's arrival. "I do hope he arrives soon..." She thought to herself.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon knew that he had to do something. He couldn't just sit around all day trying to figure out the rest. He then saw a message appear on his menu. He pulled up his messenger, and then sent a reply to his girlfriend.

To: Krysta

Subject: Mystical Pendant

I would love to come along. I'll see you at the Forest of Wavering Mists.

About a minute after he sent that reply, another message appeared on his menu. Was it a reply from Krysta? Nope.

-Vigilon:

I thought I should inform you that there are quests we both haven't cleared out by now, which we should have gotten to a while ago. I'm not going myself, but XOXXie and a new recruit are headed to the Forest of Wavering Mists as this message is being sent. Why don't you go ahead, see if you can reach the Hoya of Minos before my allies do. If you succeed, you won't only score on our rivalry, but you may even find a small reward to go with it, for it doesn't seem to me that you would be able to do so...unless you've learned since we last met.

- Ind0minus

"Shoot." He began sprinting to his destination with all due haste.

@Krysta

Krysta received a message, that stated he would be arriving, and would meet her at the Forest of the Wavering Mists, where the quest would be taking place. She crossed the border of the safe zone's edge, and began walking towards her destination. She saw a familiar face as she was walking. "Those creatures...they would definitely be either a problem, or just some pushovers..." "Oh! Hello again, Mitria!" The woman turned to see Krysta, and smiled. "Hello again, Krysta! I was just having some thoughts at the moment. I've heard of a pendant that takes different form every different time it is obtained, and it is sought out by many, for various special things. I would try and see it for myself, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get past the Hoya Minotaurs..." Krysta thought for a minute. "Hoya Minotaurs? Umm....well, Alex and I were actually about to search for it ourselves!" "Truly? Well, if I could at least be able to see it in some form, I'd really appreciate it."

@Vigilon

Mitria(Note, this is just a visual image of the character, she is wearing safari getup such as the beige explorer hat/trenchcoat/etc.):

Spoiler

Mitria.png.789de273bced2a2ef2283510fa267746.png

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon continued to run, going as fast as he could. He stopped and hid in a bush when he heard some voices he didn't recognize. He wanted to be safe, so he had only dove in to prevent any potential issues, such as his rushing being taken the wrong way, or that it could possibly be the players under Ind0minus. If only he wasn't running before he dove into the bush. "Hm? What was that?" "Dang it." "Was someone spying on us?" "Double dang it." He continued to listen to the two voices as they approached. "I'm very curious, who could that be?" "Hold on, XOXXie, if this is indeed a player, we don't know their intentions." Well, at least he knew they were on Ind0minus's side. "Well, if you really can keep me safe and all, I'm sure nobody would mind if I got a peek first." "XOXXie, Don't!" The branches over Vigilon were moved apart by a pair of dainty hands, revealing a player's face. "Um...hi."

ID# 97748 LD: 4(Too low, discovered)

XOXXie:

Spoiler

XOXXie.jpg.0024a6389430c84c46ac9aaeceb00ff7.jpg

Edited by Vigilon

"So you would like us to retrieve the pendant for you?" "Oh no, I only wanted to see one of the many forms it could take. I'm only curious about it. I'm no major treasure hunter, despite that I'm hoping to open a merchant shop to sell some curios I might come across..." It was true, Mitria wasn't that much of a fighter. She was more of a seeker, but she made sure to have just enough combative skills to survive the wilds of Aincrad. Mitria's owl, Alya, began to spin her head again, causing Yolviinsil to try and follow, thus causing her to roll off of Krysta's shoulder. Both players giggled at that little stumble, and Krysta squatted down to help the small ruby red dragon back up. Alya seemed confused, and the look in her eyes would have come across as "Uhh, was it something I did?" Krysta made sure Yolviinsil wasn't dizzy or anything, then said, "Well then, in that case I should be off! When the pendant is found, should we meet up with you back in Delilah?"

@Vigilon

"An adorable boy was merely eavesdropping on us! Jealous, are you?" "Wha? Uh, no-" "Oh, nothing to worry about...I can always make a switch, or just have another good friend...or more..." As XOXXie said this, she was getting further into the bush, and she began scratching Vigilon under his chin with one finger, causing him to turn red and become uncomfortable. "It's like she's trying to...wait a minute!" He realized, recalling the time where Azrea was speaking of this player to be excessively boy crazy. "Ah, sorry, nope. Already have a girlfriend." "Drat, another one taken..." She said softly to herself. "...Do realize I heard that..." "Hm? Oh, sorry, I was trying to see if there was one of those items that appears in bushes..." "Yeah, right." XOXXie returned to the other player, and Vigilon came out of the bush slowly. The other player had long green hair, and he drew his weapon. "Tell me who you are, and what you were doing in that bush!"

@Krysta

The other player(Venorim):

Spoiler

Venorim.jpg.0a575bc75373c46d4c37c95298fc2e82.jpg

Mitria smiled. "Sure thing! See you then!" She waved goodbye as she started walking back to the safe zone. Krysta needed to get back on track, and start moving towards the Forest of Wavering Mists. Who knows what would be in store for her and Vigilon during the trip through the forest, and the maze within? Minotaurs, obviously, but also a pendant that might be valuable, and/or highly prized. She was going to get there fast. She soon found the destination, the Forest of Wavering Mists, and began waiting for Vigilon. Hopefully, he'd be here soon, and they'd be able to search for the prized pendant, the Hoya of Minos, with all due speed. Now knowing that a friend was hoping to get a glimpse of it, she was raring to go on this journey into the maze. "I wonder, what are these Hoya Minotaurs like? will they be dangerous? Or just minor pushovers?"

@Vigilon

"Easy now, I never meant any harm. Just wanted to not startle anyone when I would be sprinting past. Sure, I could have just slowed down rather than tried to hide if I wanted to avoid startling you, now that I think about it." The green haired player sheathed his blade. "Hmph, you have common sense only when it's too late, it seems. That won't get you very far in this game, no, not at all..." The green haired player was wearing some metal plating on his chest, some heavy armor that, no doubt had some decent mitigation. XOXXie seemed to be wearing a white kimono with rosegold detailing. She tried to take the conversation to a more peaceful route, starting with introduction. "Well, allow us to introduce ourselves. I am XOXXie, a katana wielding charmer who's beauty rivals the divine!" The green haired player sighed at the last part of what XOXXie said, and facepalmed. Then he looked to Vigilon with a serious face. "And I am Venorim, apprentice samurai, and the newest recruit of the Platinum Force." Vigilon had now seen two introductions. One bubbly, the other serious. Now he just had to introduce himself. "I'm Vigilon, future leader of the Rising Dragons...I have a feeling Ind0minus already told you about me." XOXXie seemed fine, but Venorim tensed. "Vigilon? Hmph, so you actually decided to go. We shall see who gets to lay even a finger on the pendant in due time..." Vigilon knew where this was going, so he took the only action left for him. "Welp, in that case, race you there! See ya!" And he was off towards the forest, to encounter Krysta in about three minutes or so of sprinting.

@Krysta

Krysta had only one that she could wait for. Vigilon. Anything else, she'd have a minor problem. Starting to get bored, she began looking through the area for anything a tailor might be able to use. There didn't seem to be anything, but she then guessed that it was because this was the edge of the forest. She turned and saw Vigilon sprinting towards her, two players probably trying to catch up, it seemed. When he would arrive, Krysta would say, "Nice to see that you came! I currently now have more reason to retrieve the pendant, for Mitria would like to see it, although we still get to keep it. Is...something troubling you?" Krysta wondered, why was he sprinting? Or was it because he wanted to get here as soon as possible? Who were the two players within sight? Did something perhaps happen between them? She hoped it was nothing bad.

@Vigilon

ID# 97900 LD: 4+3=7(Failed)

Edited by Krysta

"Wha-? Hey! Get back here!" Vigilon ran as fast as he could, and also noticed that what he'd thought was true. This guy probably intended to fight him. "Shoot, shoot, shoot!" This guy would catch up to Vigilon if he slowed down enough. When he reached Krysta, he was told some more reason to succeed. "First it was to help Jewel, then Victor got involved, and now this...what a crazy day this is gonna be..." He finished catching his breath. "No time, Jewel. My rival's guild members are after the pendant, too, so we're kind of on the clock here..." With that, he took Krysta's hand and rushed into the forest with her. He kept in mind to make sure he was going in the right direction, and without any shortcuts through the forest's trees, bushes and such. It would be no use at some point...so he said, "At this rate, they'll catch up to us, and the one with the green hair is gonna fight us. for the sake of avoiding unnecessary combat, you're alright with hiding in that bush over there, right?" Vigilon would make an attempt either way. He dove into the bush, and disappeared to the eyes of those seeking him, except Krysta, who saw him jump in.

@Krysta

ID# 97902 LD: 15(Successfully hidden from Venorim and XOXXie)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon explained his half of the situation. "Oh, dear. That...that sure puts a monkey in our wrench..." This was going to be a major issue. If these rivals were to acquire the pendant, She and Vigilon would ultimately fail. "W-wait, you have a rival?" Who was this rival? Why did this rivalry begin? The questions were unending at the moment. Vigilon took her hand and lead her into the forest, primarily trying to get away from those who were chasing after him. They tried, but the players behind them seemed to be on their trail or on their tail at all times. When Krysta and Vigilon managed to get far enough ahead, Vigilon suggested that they hide from sight, ending the chase. He dove into a bush, and seemed well hidden to whoever hadn't seen him jump in. She found a bush with white flowers, and decided that if she was to enter a bush at all, it would be this one, for the white flowers would make it harder to tell what areas of white were from Krysta's dress. Unfortunately, she didn't notice how late she had dove in, for it made a sound that the players chasing would hear. Hopefully, Vigilon was the only target of the chase, and she would be fine.

@Vigilon

ID# 97903 LD: 9(Too low, discovered)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta seemed to think for a minute before hiding, and she dove into a bush with white flowers. Unfortunately, she dove in just before the other players turned the corner, thus they heard the sound. They came upon the two bushes, looking to the one that they heard a sound come from. XOXXie went over to spread the branches apart, but she didn't expect to see Krysta. "Hm? Who might you be?" Upon the realization that the player discovered wasn't Vigilon, Venorim sighed. "She's probably just scared by a slight bit. Leave her be." But figures, there was still one question left. "Right, like I would have any business with her...unless... Have you, by any chance, seen an adorable boy run past you? Light brown hair, adorable face, daring red eyes?" Venorim facepalmed again. "Good question, but you didn't have to ask it...like that. However, we do ask if you have seen a player named Vigilon." Vigilon was sweating now, and he would only hope that his location wouldn't be revealed...especially after that description that kind of embarrassed him. Hopefully no one saw his face turn red. Venorim had a thought, not knowing that Krysta was with Vigilon. "I apologize if you are startled in any way, or if your personal space was broken." He said, looking to XOXXie for a brief moment. "We happen to be in search of a pendant, guarded by two minotaurs. If you're willing to come along, we don't mind an extra party member." Should Krysta say no, the response would be, "Well then, your loss. It would have been nice to have another potential friend, and you would have learned more than just the presence of the Platinum Force." Afterwards, XOXXie and Venorim would leave, and Vigilon would come out of the bush as soon as the coast was clear.

@Krysta

A woman with pink hair, wearing a white kimono with rosegold detailing, pulled apart the branches, and seemed surprised to have found Krysta. "Ah...Krysta. My name is...Krysta." The green haired player that was with the woman sighed, and asked her to leave Krysta be. "Whew..." The woman, it seemed, wanted absolutely nothing to do with Krysta whatsoever...except for a single question. The woman asked Krysta if she saw Vigilon. There was only one right answer to this...and she wouldn't say it and betray her boyfriend. "N-no, I don't remember seeing anyone with red eyes, but when I turned and saw you, I thought you two were after me for certain. That's why I hid." It seemed that it worked, for the two players seemed disappointed, and then they moved on to a different topic. The green haired player asked if Krysta would join them in searching for the pendant. "So Vigilon was right..." She still was unwilling to even falsely betray Vigilon. "No, thank you for the offer though. I was...actually considering to look for it myself...but perhaps another time." When the players left, Vigilon came back out into the open. "I think we should take a shortcut to the maze now..."

@Vigilon

Krysta suggested that they take a shortcut to the maze. "Yup, and we should do so as soon as possible." Luckily, he knew of a path hidden well by the native plant life in the forest. He took her to the path, and he seemed to disappear in the growth. He poked his hand out to signal a gesture for Krysta to follow. "Just through this, and we'll be there in no time." Once they had traveled through the patch of overgrowth, they would stumble upon a path lined with trees, trees so close together, you would think it was a wall made by nature. Not much light got past the branches above, for the path was a bit narrow. Taking her hand just in case, he lead Krysta through the path, making sure that there wasn't any troublesome mob waiting to pounce on them when least expected whenever he came across a turn. Soon, they would find an entrance to a maze. "I don't see any other path leading to this entrance, so this must be a different way inside. From the looks of it, light comes down on the maze from the holes in the ruin-like area, so we should be able to see just fine."

@Krysta

Vigilon agreed with Krysta's suggestion, and led her to a path hidden by nature. He disappeared into the overgrowth for about a second or two, then poked his hand out so he could gesture for Krysta to follow. Krysta was slightly surprised to find an actual path, rather than a path that would look nothing like one. The path was lined with trees, in such a way that the trees were practically a wooden wall grown by nature. "I...never knew this existed..." Vigilon led her though the path, making sure the path ahead was safe before making any turns. Soon, they reached their destination. Vigilon noticed that not only was the path a hidden entrance to the maze, but they also should be able to see just fine. She walked into the maze, and stopped. "Oh. Right. Maze..." She looked over to Vigilon. "How are we going to find the pendant in such short time at this rate?"

@Vigilon

Vigilon nudged his familiar awake. The small white frost dragon yawned, then looked at Vigilon as if to say, "What do you want this time?" Vigilon couldn't help but smile at the face Veriost made. "I might need your help with navigating the maze." Veriost's eyes widened slightly, then she looked around. She looked at Vigilon as if to say, "The heck you want me to do?" Vigilon chuckled. "Well, you could fly out through the hole and scout the maze from above, you could move ahead of me to see if there are dead ends or backtracks, or even sidetracks...there are definitely things you could do to help." Veriost seemed to think for a moment, then she let out a "Hfff.", and began working with Vigilon's idea. Vigilon guessed that she had basically said "Fine". She didn't like being super active, as she had excuses to get her sleep here and there, but she was willing to be active, if it means to help, to fight, or to be cute around people she liked.

Vigilon decided to have Veriost assist with navigation. He explained his idea to the small white dragon when she seemed to think the idea was impossible. When the little frost dragon took flight, Krysta looked over to Yolviinsil. "Well, Yolviinsil? Would you like to help Veriost? I'm sure she wouldn't mind a little help." The small ruby red feathered dragon took flight, and began to follow Veriost a bit closely. As shy as she was, Yolviinsil liked being able to do things for friends, especially if she knew it could be accomplished. No doubt, the small ruby red feathered dragon would be a tremendous help to the small white frost dragon. Krysta knew not to worry. Yolviinsil was a sensible little thing, and could quickly retreat if something went wrong. When Yolviinsil returned to Krysta, the little ruby red dragon would be ready to lead Krysta and Vigilon to the correct way to proceed.

@Vigilon

Krysta decided to send Yolviinsil to help Veriost, which would be very much appreciated by the small white frost dragon. When the small ruby red feathered dragon would appear at Veriost's side, she would look at her as if to say, "Oh, thank you so much, this will make the job significantly easier. Why don't we split up at this T-intersection here?" Soon, Yolviinsil returned to Krysta's side, ready to lead the two players in the right path. Veriost would come around as if she was half freaking out, and when she landed on Vigilon's shoulder, the small white frost dragon's expression would tell him, "Turn left, then turn right. But when you reach a T-Intersection after that turn, do NOT turn left, whatever you do...Don't. Turn. Left..." Vigilon chuckled. "Well, it seems we have our directions to start." They started on the correct path, and after they had turned right on the intersection, the ended up entering a corridor lined with lit torches, eventually leading to yet another T-intersection in the maze. "...I know this sounds crazy, but...I think we should split up here."

@Krysta

Veriost returned to Vigilon, and the small white frost dragon seemed to be freaking out slightly. Must have found a path that shouldn't be tread... Krysta and Vigilon followed the path that Yolviinsil had found. When they had reached a T-intersection, both paths seemed to be lined with torches, although there were no more holes in the roof as a result. Vigilon suggested that they split up. Krysta looked to her left, she looked to her right. She could see where he was going with this. "I get it, like this, we can cover more ground, and possibly reach the pendant sooner! If one of us finds the pendant, we can message each other to confirm that the goal has been reached!" She nodded her head, and turned left. She would do what she could to find this pendant, the Hoya of Minos before those other players could manage to.

@Vigilon

Krysta agreed, figuring out the reason fairly quick. "Yup. Oh, I also think we should message each other if we encounter any danger we can't handle. Might help with surviving whatever we might encounter." Krysta nodded her head and turned left, leaving Vigilon to turn right. "Come on, Veriost, let's take this route. We may still need to split up here and there, but I'm sure we can figure out the right path in time, and be able to return without a problem." Veriost saw where Vigilon was going with this, and nodded her head as if to agree. Meanwhile, at the other side of the maze, two players had a similar idea to what Vigilon and Krysta had done. "I think...XOXXie, I think we need to split up. We can cover more ground if we do." "Wha-? Split up!? But we- Ohhh! I see! If we cover more ground, we will be more likely to find the pendant! It's a brilliant idea!"

@Krysta