[PP-F3] The Minotaurs, the Rivals, and the Pendant <<Search for the Hoya>>

The idea of messaging one another should there be terrible danger was a fairly good idea. Granted, it would be hard to message someone while running, fighting, or defending, so... Krysta continued on her path for a minute or more, then she turned right, then left, then right again. She slowed down, since she heard some noise. She remained silent, so she could make sure she wasn't hearing things. She heard the sound of something sniffing the air, as well as the thumping of heavy footfalls. She turned around, and behind her, turning in her direction was a minotaur carrying a heavy looking two-handed battle axe. It spotted Krysta, and roared as if warning her to not advance in the maze any further. "I understand if you are merely a guardian of the pendant. However, I have come for a reason, and I will not hesitate to fight if need be!"

@Vigilon

[Hoya Minotaur 1 Spawned]

Krysta: HP 300/300, EP 30/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur 1: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon started on the path to the right. he turned left, then right, then left again. After a few minutes of going along a straight path, he stopped as he heard something. He turned around, and saw something approaching. It was a minotaur carrying a sword. "A minotaur...Hoya of Minos....Minos....Minos! The Maze! It all makes sense now! Well then, you little man-cow, let's see what you can do!" Well, apparently, it was pretty good in a fight. When Vigilon tried attacking the Hoya Minotaur, but the creature sidestepped, and then attacked Vigilon from behind. "Gah! ...Okay, so you fight with fair skill. You're nothing like the typical weirdos the game sends my way. Right, I guess this is gonna be a little fun then; a challenge. I'm not going to lose this fight easily, so you better be ready for one heck of a fight!" Vigilon was right on one thing, he wasn't going to hold back anymore.

@Krysta

ID# 98371 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

ID# 98372 Mob: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

Vigilon: HP 398/420, EN 45/47 | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur 2: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta wasn't afraid to take on the creature. Such a beast to guard a treasure, it was actually kind of expected. The Hoya Minotaur bellowed it's battle cry, now knowing Krysta was unwilling to back down. Krysta took her stance, and the creature would charge to attack. Despite Krysta's attempt to avoid the incoming attack, the axe managed to reach Krysta, knocking her back to the wall. She was going to get up, and rush to attack, but she noticed something wasn't in her hand. She looked to the side, and noticed that her rapier had fallen out of her hand, and had fallen a few feet away from her current position. "Urgh, that...was a cheap, dirty trick! Y-you won't get away with that one easily! Despite you rather skillful first impression, I will rise above this task, and surely, I will vanquish you!" The Hoya Minotaur didn't seem to care.

@Vigilon

(OOC: Why didn't I just have Krysta attack first..?)

ID# 98375 Mob: 7(Hit)

ID# 98376 BD: 1(Critical Fail!)

Krysta: HP 288/300, EP 28/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon rushed to attack without further ado, and he was going to do all he could to take out the enemy. He attacked using the Sword Art known as Horizontal Square, and managed to stun his foe. The Hoya Minotaur didn't seem to expect his attack this time. "I'm gonna slice you into beef brisket!" He stood above the guardian monster. "Now that you're stunned, finishing you off should be a significantly easier task. Honestly, you may seem all mighty and strong, but from the looks of it, you're a glass cannon just waiting to be cut into ground chuck. Heh, I can't believe I was worried for a brief moment. I'm just too powerful for you, even with this weak weapon! This darn sword that hardly leaves a dent in certain opponents, it cuts you down to below half of what you can take!" He was about to laugh about this situation.

@Krysta

ID# 98385 BD: 7(Hit)

ID#

Horizontal Square- 6x4=24

Vigilon: HP 398/420, EN 39/47 | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur 2: HP 21/45, 30 DMG {Stunned}

Edited by Vigilon

The Hoya Minotaur was ready to strike again. She grabbed her weapon just in time, and made her attempt to avoid the battle axe, as well as make an attempt to strike as well. The Hoya Minotaur swung it's heavy, two handed battle axe at Krysta again. She was knocked back a few yards by the attack, but at least her weapon wasn't dropped. Either way, this was starting to become a major problem. The Hoya Minotaur wasn't even scratched, since so far, Krysta had been failing to hit it. Krysta's HP was slowly starting to be chipped away at. Not to mention, both of the Hoya Minotaur's attacks on Krysta have knocked her back. "I am not done with you yet! You may have had practice, skill, maybe even training in guarding certain treasures! However, I will not back down here, and I will persevere! I shall bring forth justice on you, foul beast!"

@Vigilon

ID# 98389 Mob: 7(Hit)

ID# 98390 BD: 3(Miss)

(OOC: Seriously? On both times the mob attacks, the BD rolls a 10 then?? And screws up when it's Krysta's turn to attack??)

Krysta: HP 276/300, EP 27/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

(OOC: Oooh, man, that brings back memories...)

He had his fun, talking down to the Hoya man cow like that, but now it was time to finish the job and carry on with the search for the pendant. He readied his Sword Art, Vertical Arc, and sliced up the Hoya Minotaur, finishing it off. "Ha! that wasn't too bad, actually! Now to continue my search!" He then began looking throughout the many paths to the maze, then decided to turn right, then left, then straight. Meanwhile, one player in particular would be heading in his direction soon. "Hmm...I hear voices...I better be on my guard, it could be one of those Hoya Minotaurs...or Vigilon..." Venorim drew his blade, ready to fight at a moment's notice. He continued on his own path, turning right, then left, then right again. He continued going straight from then on, and he would for about ten minutes, where he would have an encounter...

@Krysta

ID# 98510 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

(OOC: One Down!)

ID#

Vertical Arc- 8x4=32

Vigilon: HP 398/420, EN 36/47 | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur 2: HP 0/45, 30 DMG DEAD

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta wasn't going to back down, she was going to try and take this creature down. Surely, she would need to find a way to more easily avoid the Hoya Minotaur's attacks, for yet again she was knocked by the attack from the heavy two handed battle axe, several yards, preventing Krysta's attack for the third time in a row. "This...this is starting to become humiliating! How am I unable to lay a scratch on you?" She tried to recall the other times she'd had a problem like this. She would need to deal with the problem at some point. One possibility would be her approach. Another would be how she was fighting. She stood up, fixed her posture, and took her battle stance. "Luck may have favored you so far, but that shall end soon! Try coming for me again, and we shall see who claims victory in this fight!"

@Vigilon

ID# 98534 Mob: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

ID# 98535 BD: 5(Miss)

(This is ridiculous! Three misses in a row??? I mean, HOW!?!?!?)

Krysta: HP 264/300, EP 26/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

(OOC: Should I come and help? :(  )

Venorim continued his search, and if Vigilon hadn't made that left turn, there would have been an unwanted encounter within a few minutes. The maze seemed a bit endless to Vigilon. He forgot where he was supposed to turn...leaving him to randomly decide, and hope for the best. "...Crap. Hmm....how am I gonna do this....? .....Oh, I know! Forward, left, right, left! ....I'm still lost. Um....right, left, forward, left! ...Nope. Hmm....left, right, forward, left! ....Crap, still no go." He kept trying all these combinations of direction, and kept finding himself in a four way intersection in the maze. "...Just what am I doing wrong? Left, left, forward, right! Right, right, forward, left! Forward, right, left, right! Left, right, forward, right! Right, left, forward, right! Right, right, left, forward! Forward, right, forward, left! Forward twice, Right, forward once, left! DAGNABIT I'M STUCK! SOMEONE, ANYONE, GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!" Vigilon fell on his knees during the "agony" of sheer confusion.

Krysta just had to be able to strike down the monster with enough damage, and she would prevail. For now, she waited for the opportune moment to avoid the incoming attack as the Hoya Minotaur charged for her. Krysta misjudged the timing, and, for inexplicable reasons, she was knocked all the way to the end of the corridor, where one of the turns was. She looked to her hand, and her weapon wasn't there. The Star Saber's hilt glinted in the distance. "I...I don't....how...?" With some difficulty, she managed to get back up. Exactly how was she going to deal with this fight now? Clearly, she wasn't able to avoid the brute's attacks, nor could she land a single blow on the creature. This wasn't just some ridiculous luck streak like the small boar from the beginner quest. Once again, she asked herself, "Why do those who fight with the light of justice have the worst problems?" Now she had to either keep going, or wait for help to arrive. It was looking like it would be difficult to handle this fight alone.

@Vigilon

ID# 98599 Mob: 10(Critical! +2 DMG)

ID# 98600 BD: 1(Critical Fail!)

(The BD doesn't want me to win against the Hoya Minotaur. Just kill it already. I'm done with this bullcrap.)

Krysta: HP 250/300, EP 25/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon couldn't just stay there. "...What the heck am I doing? I can't possibly lead a Guild if I can't get through a maze! So...I'll keep trying! Left, left, forward, right! Right, right, forward, left! Forward, right, left, right! Left, right, forward, right! Right, left, forward, right! Right, right, left, forward! Forward, right, forward, left! Forward twice, Right, forward once, left! Left, right, left, forward! Left, right, forward, right! Right, left, forward, right!" Once he reached a four way intersection that looked a bit different than all the others, he assumed he was getting close. He looked at the ground, and saw one of those stationary compasses that's painted onto the floor. He continued on. "North, west, south, west! ...um, that didn't work. Hmm... South, west, north, west! ...Nope, still no go." This still proved to be more trouble than worth. "North, east, south, east! ...I'm considering backtracking right now..."

@Krysta

(Let's give the BD a chance to redeem itself before I jump in, just in case.)

Krysta didn't know what she was going to do with this situation. She retrieved her weapon, and then she would just have to wait for the Hoya Minotaur to charge for her, and Krysta would attempt her battle plan once more. It failed, for the fifth time in a row. Krysta was definitely getting tired of this. Every time she would make sure there was something different, to assure herself of victory. But it was like this creature knew her every move, and was her bane. As the Hoya Minotaur's strike knocked her a good distance away, Krysta wondered if there was some secret to being able to avoid it's attacks, and be able to strike it, too. Right now, the answer was but a mystery waiting to be solved, and this battle may drag on longer than it should. If things became too problematic, she may have to flee. This creature was certainly no pushover, due to either having some kind of ability to take one's own luck for themselves, or...whatever it was.

@Vigilon

ID# 98680 Mob: 7(Hit)

ID# 98680 BD: 2(Miss)

(OOC: JUST KILL IT ALREADY! THE BD HASN'T HAD ANY CHANGE OF HEART!!!!)

Krysta: HP 238/300, EP 24/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon couldn't keep going like this. "North, west, south, west! ...Dang it! South, west, north, west! North, east, south, east! East, west, south, west! South, east, south, west! North, east, south, east! West, north, west, north! Gah, what am I doing wrong??" He kept going, even though he forgot which was north, and which was south by now. " Left, left, forward, right! Right, right, forward, left! Forward, right, left, right! Left, right, forward, right! Right, left, forward, right! Right, right, left, forward! Forward, right, forward, left! Forward twice, Right, forward once, left! Left, right, left, forward! Left, right, forward, right! Right, left, forward, right! Left, left, forward, right! Right, right, forward, left! Forward, right, left, right! Left, right, forward, right! Right, left, forward, right! Right, right, left, forward!" He saw something at the end of the corridor. Another Hoya Minotaur. It seemed to already be in combat, so helping whoever was fighting the monster would be helpful, unless it was fighting Venorim, which he hoped wasn't the case.

@Krysta

(OOC: Just one more time. If the amount of dice hatred reaches six in a row, I'm getting the dice jail and the dunce cap for the BD.)

Krysta knew she would have to be light on her feet if she was to avoid the Hoya Minotaur's attack, and be able to strike it down as well. Krysta had an idea in mind to do so, and she would put her idea into action. Sure, she was able to jump out of the way in time so that the Hoya Minotaur would crash into the wall instead. However, it made a quick recovery and managed to avoid Krysta's attack. Frustrated from being unable to lay a scratch on the Hoya Minotaur, she huffed and asked, "How are you this skilled in combat? How is a beast like yourself so evasive? How are you able to have gone through all this combat and remain unscathed? How?" She was confused as to why such a large creature would be untouchable like this. Was there something putting this fight in the Minotaur's favor, and causing Krysta to end up in such a tight spot?

@Vigilon

ID# 98727 Mob: 1(Critical Fail)

ID# 98728 BD: 3(Miss)

(OOC: Kill the Minotaur. Now.)

Krysta: HP 238/300, EP 23/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

(OOC: Alright BD, I gave you an extra chance. Twice. I was hoping Krysta could defeat the Hoya Minotaur, but noooo, you had to screw up each roll. I'm going to jump in now. I hope you're happy.)

The Hoya Minotaur rushed for something, then Vigilon heard the sound of something heavy hitting the wall. He then began to hear a familiar voice. "Jewel? Jewel!!!" Worried about his girlfriend, he grabbed and drew his sword, and then headed over to the beast, ready to strike. He made a successful surprise attack on the Hoya Minotaur using the Sword Art known as Vertical Arc, afflicting bleed on the monster in the process. "No one tries to kill my girlfriend and gets away with it! You wanna dance, beef steak? I'll show you a fight you'll never remember if I have to!" He wasn't going to let this Hoya Minotaur get away with what it had already done. Not at all. There would be no chance that the guardian monster would be able to deal with two enemies, that was a fact. "Well? You gonna stand there and bleed out? Come at me!"

@Krysta

ID# 98744 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Vertical Arc- 8x4=32

[2] Vigilon: HP 420/420, EN 43/47 | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Krysta: HP 238/300, EP 23/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur 1: HP 13/45, 30 DMG Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta's thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice. Vigilon was coming around to fight the creature! He successfully executed a surprise attack on the Hoya Minotaur, and he began to speak to it, now that he had the guardian monster's full attention. Krysta would take the opportunity to try and finish it off. The Hoya Minotaur roared in anguish, and swung it's heavy two handed battle axe at Vigilon, knocking him about ten yards across the corridor. Krysta wouldn't stand for it. She took her battle stance, and rushed for the terrible beast. "Begone, foul monster!" She attacked with Rip Ravine, and the Hoya Minotaur's HP depleted to zero. The creature shattered, and there would be one less obstacle to face to retrieve the mystical pendant. "That'll teach you to bring great harm to those I love." She headed over to Vigilon, hoping he was okay. "Alex? Are you okay?"

@Vigilon

ID# 98759 Mob: 10(Critical! +2 DMG)

ID# 98763 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG)

Rip Ravine: 8x2=16

Vigilon: HP 397/420, EN 43/47 | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Krysta: HP 238/300, EP 22/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur 1: HP 0/45, 30 DMG Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Well, the Hoya Minotaur came at him all right. It swung that heavy two handed battle axe at him, knocking him ten yards. "Whooooaaaa!!!" When he started to get up, he saw Krysta finish off the Hoya Minotaur from behind. "Now that's what I'm talking about! That was a good strike!" Krysta came over to Vigilon, asking him if he was okay. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just a scratch. Are you alright, Jewel?" Meanwhile, two players ran back into each other while trying to traverse the maze. "Hm...it looks like our paths ended up crossing, XOXXie. Nevertheless, we shall speak of our progress. Now, while I was traversing the maze, I heard a voice. Chances are, Vigilon is in the maze, and is seeking out our prize as we speak." "Well, I haven't found anything at all. Wasn't there supposed to be a Minotaur somewhere?" "If that is true, we should be expecting to find it, unless Vigilon's already killed it." "If so, we could take the chance to find and obtain the pendant without a fight!" "As good as that would seem, we'd still be in a mess if either we run into Vigilon, or he takes the pendant."

@Krysta

Vigilon: HP407/420, EN 47/47

Krysta: HP 238/300, EP 22/30

Vigilon seemed glad that Krysta was able to pull through in the end. He said he was okay, that it was just a scratch. He then asked if she was okay. "I had a six miss streak before you came along...The awful brute knocked me five times...otherwise, I'm fine, and also glad I was able to obtain victory in the end. If you ask me, I'd say your appearance became quite the diversion that made an opening from behind. Thank you." Surely, at this rate, they should be able to find the pendant...and maybe something else along the way. Krysta looked around, hoping to find something that could possibly be valuable or usable. There didn't seem to be anything around. "Alex...if those other players are searching for the Pendant as well, do you think there is a chance we might run into them? ...You don't, by any chance, happen to have other rivals that lead Guilds, do you?"

@Vigilon

ID# 98771 LD: 3+3=6(Failed)

Edited by Krysta

If only Vigilon had a healing item he could give to Krysta right now. "That doesn't sound good at all. At least I was able to make an opening for you. I guess it's powerful against one, but can't survive against multiple foes, for it's guard only goes so far. guess it had a blind/weak spot. either way, it was toast when it was hit the first time." Krysta seemed to wonder about the opposing players' progress, and if Vigilon had any other rivals. "Well, if we run into them, we should expect a fight, at least from the green haired one, Venorim. He'll probably challenge one of us to a duel. Other rivals? Well, officially, no. So far, the only other person I know who might get close to that position would be my frenemy from the real world, April Darren. Of course, the chances of her being in this game are about eighty million to one. In other words, when rocks fly."

@Krysta

Vigilon: HP417/420, EN 47/47

Krysta: HP 248/300, EP 30/30

Vigilon didn't seem to like the situation Krysta was in. It was good to know that he cared. He explained that if they were to have a run in with the other players, that there would probably be a fight, started by the green haired player. "Then it's best we steer clear of them as much as possible." Vigilon said that he didn't have any other official rivals at the moment, and that the only one that could come close to that would be what he called a "Frenemy", someone named April Darren. He also claimed that the chances of her being in this game were eighty million to one, or as he said, "when rocks fly". That didn't seem very possible. "Well, it seems that you're certainly telling me, that there is a chance, despite how low it is." Krysta decided to ask, "Are we going to stick together, or are we going to split again?"

@Vigilon

Edited by Krysta

"I'll say. Maybe when this is over, I should have a talk with Ind0minus. Just...where does he find these people?" Krysta seemed confused on the whole "Frenemy" thing, or at least, it seemed to Vigilon that she was. "...Don't know what a frenemy is? Don't worry, I'll tell you. Basically, we are friendly enough to each other that we can work together from time to time, help each other out, and save each other from dire situations...but we are quick to fight, and usually know exactly how to piss each other off." Vigilon didn't know how Krysta would respond to how he presented this, or exactly what words he would be using when he had a chance to talk to Ind0minus. "Just...where does he find these people? It's like every single one of them has something...different about them...not the unique kind of different, but...the strange kind..." Krysta mentioned whether they would stick together or split. "As long as those two are on the prowl, I'd say we stick together until your HP fully regenerates."

@Krysta