[PP-F3] The Minotaurs, the Rivals, and the Pendant <<Search for the Hoya>>

XOXXie's next choice of words would only upset Krysta further. Both players were clearly looking forward to victory, even though neither player had landed a single hit the entire duel. XOXXie then managed to actually deal damage to Krysta. What did this mean? No more mercy. She couldn't hold back now, especially since she had just been dropped to a position where she must successfully deal more damage and at least be in the lead to claim victory. Again, Victory was optional, but preferred, for the sake of teaching this woman a lesson. Krysta managed to deal her first successful blow in the duel as she retaliated with the Sword Art known as Crucifixion. "For the third, and hopefully the last time, what are your motives for retrieving the pendant? I won't stand for anything that you're doing at this moment. Why do you fight me over a pendant? Why?"

@Vigilon

ID# 100001 BD: 8(Hit)

Crucifixion: 7x6-18=24

Turns left: 10

Krysta: HP 276/300, EN 20/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (24/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 256/280, EN 18/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (24/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Krysta
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This...you won't be so lucky next time we duel...and I WILL find that pendant!" Vigilon smirked. "Earlier, I was about to raise the stakes a bit, but I forgot to ask you about it 'cause of the duel." "And your conditions were?" "Winner gets a head start! Bye!" And Vigilon sped off, leaving his defeated opponent in the dust. "Wha- HEY! COME BACK HERE!!!" Vigilon chuckled as he was back on track to seek out the pendant. Meanwhile, XOXXie's attack was met with a retaliation. Krysta had now basically demanded that XOXXie answer her. "You want to know so badly? The pendant is a real treasure indeed, from what I've heard... Getting my hands on this treasure just might make things far better for me, as well as please my Guild leader with my success! Ah, I can almost imagine it! Wearing that mystical pendant, such a beautiful treasure, the men will take notice of me, and I'll never be alone again! Ah, but to accomplish that, I must deal with you first!" She attempted to attack after that, but she missed by an inch.

(OOC: I've decided to use a different roll sentence if Vigilon isn't involved in any of the rolls, so instead of "Let's roll, shall we!?" it'll be "The Enemy is on a roll!". But only if Vigilon isn't involved in the roll.)

@Krysta

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

(XOXXie)ID# 100111 BD: 3+1=4(Miss)

Turns left: 10

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 256/280, EN 17/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (24/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

From what XOXXie said, the reason this fight over a pendant happened was because she wanted to find favor with her Guild leader, and so that she could end her desperation born from loneliness. At least, that's what Krysta guessed from it. Either way, now that there were definite, but different reasons the two players were fighting, there would be less anger towards this player...hopefully. "So then, you are lonely. You haven't been able to experience once-in-a-lifetime moments like what Vigilon and I share... You became desperate, grasping on to anyone who caught your fancy as they walked by, but you could never reach them... Your loneliness brought fear and desperation, this particular fear, along with the desperation progressed to anger and jealousy towards women who already had what you so desired... and then that lead to hate and envy... You need to put a stop to the dark thoughts dwelling in your head, or your emotional condition may worsen to suffering! We both have reasons to fight, so I will continue my part in this duel. But you must at least think about where the road you're walking will lead!" Victory remained optional, but Krysta would still stand and fight. XOXXie and Krysta both rushed for each other, but had missed by an inch. Perhaps Krysta would be able to land another hit next time.

ID# 100156 BD: 3(Miss)

Turns left: 9

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 256/280, EN 17/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (24/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon continued his pace as he ran, hoping to be "out of range" in terms of being found by Venorim. When he had to slow down and take a breather, he decided to take a look around. Just his luck. Nothing. Just an empty corridor of the maze. Vigilon sighed, and continued along the maze, hoping to come across the pendant soon. Meanwhile, XOXXie's explanation was broken down into the details, and it happened to, intentionally or not, come close to a Star Wars quote. "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering". It caught XOXXie off guard. She never expected Krysta to somehow dig into her past like that, but it was actually quite accurate. XOXXie did struggle with loneliness, and it did worsen to where it was now. "Y-you know nothing about me! It was sheer luck and coincidence that you were able to figure out that horrible shard of my past! Now fall in battle!" She attacked using the Sword Art known as Gen Getsu, and would put herself back in the lead as a result.

@Krysta

ID# 100201 LD: 5+1=6(Failed)

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

(XOXXie)ID# 100202 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

Gen Getsu- 7x6-18=24

Turns left: 9

Krysta: HP 252/300, EN 20/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (48/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 256/280, EN 12/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (24/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

XOXXie's response began with a stutter. She had been dealt an emotional blow. However, that only riled her up. Looks like a seemingly petty fight over a pendant was going to happen after all... XOXXie attacked swiftly, dealing damage to Krysta. Krysta had to even things out at the very least. Victory may be optional, but it was certainly preferred, and thus she wouldn't be holding back. She attacked with the sword art known as crucifixion, dealing a pretty good hit on her opponent. "You leave me no choice then. Prepare to lose, for I shall not be defeated easily!" This woman had a serious envy problem that would lead to not only her suffering, but possibly others, too, if left to worsen. If XOXXie refused to do it now, perhaps a good, sound defeat might be able to teach her a lesson. "I'm sure you know this already, but I refuse to hold back any longer."

@Vigilon

ID# 100373 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG)

Crucifixion: 8x6-18=30

Turns left: 8

Krysta: HP 252/300, EN 15/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (48/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 226/280, EN 12/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (54/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon wondered, what would happen if XOXXie was to encounter Krysta again? Would there be peace? Friendly competition? Friendly rivalry? Minor rivalry? ...Something that isn't violent? Last he remembered, when Krysta was spotted by the two players, XOXXie didn't have the friendliest regard for her, but it didn't exactly seem like hate or something of the like. Vigilon knew something was up, but he just didn't know what. Meanwhile, XOXXie's attack was faced with a strong retaliation. Krysta then basically told XOXXie that she wouldn't just let defeat come to her. XOXXie would have to earn her victory. "Hmph, not that it matters to me. If anything, you being a challenge will make my victory all the sweeter!" XOXXie attempted to strike using the sword art known as Gen Getsu, but she wound up missing her target again. This girl sure knew how to succeed in last-minute movements if XOXXie kept missing by an inch. Either that, or XOXXie turned out to have terrible aim.

@Krysta

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

(XOXXie)ID# 100387 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

Turns left: 8

Krysta: HP 252/300, EN 15/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (48/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 226/280, EN 11/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (54/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

Couldn't all of this happen another time? Would there ever be a chance for petty fights like these to be settled in other ways? Krysta would refuse to lose, so she would do what she could to at least discourage XOXXie from the fight. So far, XOXXie seemed interested only in victory as far as this quarrel was concerned. "Victory is optional. For both of us. Even if there is victory for one of us, it won't change a thing in regards to which one of us will retrieve the pendant first! This whole fight is meaningless!" She would still do her part in the fight. She rushed for her opponent in hopes of discouraging her opponent at the very least. She managed to deal some damage to XOXXie, but what began to trouble Krysta's thoughts was that she might not be able to deplete XOXXie's HP enough with what little energy she had.

@Vigilon

ID# 100397 BD: 6(Hit)

Turns left: 7

Krysta: HP 252/300, EN 10/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (48/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 202/280, EN 11/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (78/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon continued on his path normally until he heard the sound of footsteps that were not his own. He looked around frantically, then he saw one of the maze's dead ends. He took the torches off of it's walls and cast them aside, hoping to use the newly created dark spot to hide in, thinking the footsteps belonged to Venorim. Venorim passed by the dead end Vigilon was hiding in. "Phew, that was a close one. I'm not really in the mood for another fight as that might bring more risk for me. I should be able to get out now and take the other route to find the pendant..." Meanwhile, XOXXie was told that victory was optional, for both players in this situation. "Hmph, we'll see what's optional." She then attacked Krysta with the Sword Art Gen Getsu. "Optional or not, I'm aiming for victory...and now that you've mentioned it, I'm actually considering adding a little risk to this fight!"

ID# 100435 LD: 16(Successfully hidden from Venorim)

@Krysta

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

(XOXXie)ID# 100436 BD: 8+1=9(Hit)

Gen Getsu- 7x6-18=24

Turns left: 7

Krysta: HP 228/300, EN 10/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (72/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 202/280, EN 6/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (78/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

XOXXie made a successful attack, and then spoke of possibly adding a little risk to this fight. Why ever did Krysta recklessly just tell XOXXie that this fight changed nothing while she was riled up like this, and was completely against her for ridiculous reasons. However, she did have a way to avoid the possible consequences that might occur if she was to somehow be defeated. "But such risk cannot be added without consent, and you do not have mine! Nothing shall change!" Krysta readied her rapier and rushed in to attack. Not only was her attack dodged, but her rapier got stuck between the wall's stone bricks. This couldn't possibly be good. Hopefully, she would be able to deal with the issue, and at least win by progress once the timer ended. How would XOXXie respond to Krysta's words? Will she realize that these kinds of situations cannot be changed without others' consent?

@Vigilon

ID# 100603 BD: 1(Critical Fail!)

Turns left: 6

Krysta: HP 228/300, EN 9/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (72/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 202/280, EN 6/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (78/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon would be on his way to the pendant now, believing he was safe from Venorim...for now. He wondered, where was this pendant again? "If the maze has more than one entrance, I could assume that the one area farthest from all the entrances would be...the middle, of course!" He ran along the path, hoping to find any sign of whatever path might lead to the middle. He found himself at another intersection, and saw that the four directions this intersection went were labeled on the floor, them being N, W, E, and S. He guessed that they were North, West, East, and South. Since Krysta and Vigilon came from the south, and he was currently going west, he assumed that the right direction was either north or south. He would try south first. Meanwhile, XOXXie really didn't see that coming. "Drat, she's clever. I'll have to find some other way to rid myself of this nuisance of a roadblock..." XOXXie dodged Krysta's attack, and once Krysta got her blade stuck in the wall, she saw this as an opportunity to strike. She made a strong hit against Krysta, but her smile faded when she realized her energy was depleted.

@Krysta

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

(XOXXie)ID# 100606 BD: 10(Critical!! +2 Base DMG)

Gen Getsu- 9x6-18=36

Turns left: 6

Krysta: HP 192/300, EN 9/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (108/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 202/280, EN 1/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (78/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

XOXXie had taken the opportunity to strike while Krysta was busy trying to get her sword out of the wall. When XOXXie's smile had faded, Krysta guessed that it was something that could be seen on her interface, like the time, or her energy meter. Either way, This left an opening for Krysta to make an attempt to retaliate. She attacked using the Sword Art known as Crucifixion, thus making a successful retaliation while XOXXie's guard was down. "So what if our energy is running low? We can still choose to continue or end this however way we see fit! So will you continue to make your attempts to strike me down, or will you surrender to your coming defeat?" Krysta was feeling confident about this now, and she still had enough energy for one more Sword Art. She would try to win this now. Even though she would be unlikely to deplete her HP to the yellow, she could at least come close, and win by progress once the timer ended.

@Vigilon

ID# 100665 BD: 7(Hit)

Turns left: 5

Krysta: HP 192/300, EN 4/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (108/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 178/280, EN 1/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (102/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Apparently, south only brought Vigilon back to the entrance he and Krysta came from. "Well, that didn't work at all... I'll try going north now..." He began to wonder, where was Krysta? Hopefully she was alright... He pulled up his messenger and sent a message.

To: @Krysta

Hey, Just checking in, are you alright? Have you had any luck trying to find the pendant?

-Vigilon

Oh, if he only knew...that XOXXie didn't exactly intend to let Krysta go free, especially if she defeated her. Meanwhile, Krysta managed to figure out that the problem was energy. She was also getting pretty confident after having successfully retaliated. "Surrender? Me? Ha! Like I'd ever surrender to the likes of you!" XOXXie attacked with the Sword Art known as Han'ei, and the damage...was completely mitigated! Her last attempt of using a Sword Art was a waste of energy! XOXXie tried to catch her breath. "Fine, so this duel's worn me out, so what? I'll fight till I win!"

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

(XOXXie)ID# 100669 BD: 5+1=6(Hit)

Han'ei: 7x2-18=1

Turns left: 5

Krysta: HP 191/300, EN 4/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (109/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 178/280, EN 0/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (102/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

Did Vigilon really need to send a message to check in now? She appreciated he cared to see if she was alright, but how could she respond in a situation like this? She would have to respond when she didn't have combat to worry about. XOXXie attacked while Krysta was busy trying to figure out what to do about the message. However, the damage was mitigated, so XOXXie had clearly ran out of energy. Even so, her opponent still aimed for victory. Krysta had enough energy for one Sword Art, so she would have to be precise in her aim and timing if she was to take and keep the lead in this duel. ...So she ended up missing. Big deal, she still had enough energy for one more Sword Art, since a miss doesn't consume much energy. She began to feel slight exhaustion. Clearly this fight would be likely to end by the timer, and not by someone's strike. "So be it. We won't bend to each other's demands, so I'll just have to hold you off!"

@Vigilon

ID# 100671 BD: 3(Miss)

Turns left: 4

Krysta: HP 191/300, EN 3/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (109/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Edited by Krysta

The fact that Vigilon hadn't gotten a response from Krysta yet worried him. He checked certain areas of his menu to make sure she was okay. Could she have encountered a monster? If so, that would explain the lack of response, since it would be sensible to put messaging on hold until combat ends. He remembered that there were players under a rival Guild in this maze, so that then begged the question, did Krysta have a run-in with one of them? With that thought, he began running around the maze, hoping she was alright. Meanwhile, XOXXie had no idea why Krysta still had energy left to spare. Could she have a recovery item or two? Clearly, Krysta was now hoping to at least hold her off until the timer ended. "We'll see about that. I might not have as much energy as you clearly do, but but judging by both of our HP meters, I'd say I'm barely in the lead! ...And I'm going to keep it that way!" She swung her blade, but the attack was easily avoided.

@Krysta

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

(XOXXie)ID# 100673 BD: 2+1=3(Miss)

Turns left: 4

Krysta: HP 191/300, EN 3/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (109/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Edited by Vigilon

XOXXie somehow found a way to turn the tide in her own favor with her words. After Krysta avoided her attack, she would consider taking this chance to strike. She would have to time it carefully so that she wouldn't miss, because if she did, she might actually end up losing. Avoiding that would be a good choice. As a result, she would need to evade her opponent's attacks as much as possible, as well as land as many as she could on her opponent. She would eventually win this, and she wouldn't let anything happen to her objective. She hoped Vigilon was alright, and that she could be able to handle envious XOXXie here. She managed to attack with the Sword Art known as Quadruple Pain, putting herself in the lead, probably for good. At this rate, victory was guaranteed. "You were saying?" With the damage she had managed to deal, there couldn't possibly be any way to lose now.

@Vigilon

ID# 100699 BD: 7(Hit)

Quadruple Pain: 7x4-18=10

Turns left: 3

Krysta: HP 191/300, EN 0/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (109/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 168/280, EN 0/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (112/140 HP depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon eventually got tired from all the running, and he tripped, faceplanting on the ground as a result. After a moment of resting and taking a breather, he would continue his search for Krysta, and then the pendant. Meanwhile, XOXXie had just learned of her now dire situation. Krysta's attack had made it impossible for her to win now. She hated having to admit defeat like this, but it was true. She was defeated. She pulled up her menu, selecting a button that brought up "Surrender?" in front of her. She reluctantly pressed yes, thus ending the duel and giving the victory to Krysta. "As much as I hate to admit it, I've lost. Continuing to fight you would be nothing but a waste of time and energy. But when our energy recovers, we shall then have a duel to the-" XOXXie stopped short, as she noticed something in one of the paths that had connected to the intersection the duel took place in. The path was darkened, but two red eyes could be seen. No, four of them. No, six. No, eight. "No....oh, no.... The horrors...they've come for me! Aaahhh.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" XOXXie fled as the oversized spider revealed itself by walking into the lit area of the darkened path.

@Krysta

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

XOXXie has surrendered!

[Duel Ended!]

Krysta: HP 191/300, EN 0/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT (109/150 HP depleted)

Opponent:

XOXXie: HP 168/280, EN 1/28 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC (112/140 HP depleted)

Krysta had actually done it. She had defeated XOXXie. Well, in a way, because she surrendered. XOXXie then began to speak. She was about to mention something, which sounded like XOXXie hadn't learned her lesson, since it sounded like she was about to say "to the death". XOXXie had noticed something, and when Krysta looked, she wished she hadn't... "Ahh....S-sss...Sp-....Spi-.....SPIDEEEEEERRR!!!!!!!!" She wasn't gonna stick around for one more second. A spider. It just HAD to be a spider. She screamed as she ran at top speed, as fast as her legs could carry her, throughout the maze in an attempt to get as far away as she could from the spider. Eventually, she would spot Vigilon walking. He couldn't possibly see the next thing coming for him. Almost instinctively believing he could protect her, she ran into him at the full force of her speed, and clung to him, her legs trembling. Literally. "S-s-s-s-spider.... S-s-s-s-spider...."

@Vigilon

Veriost tugged on the collar of Vigilon's light armor, and when he looked where she was pointing, he saw Krysta headed straight for him...rushing at top speed. "Oof!!" Vigilon had almost fallen to the ground from that impact. "Jewel? Is something wrong?" Krysta clung to Vigilon, with her legs trembling. She was saying only one word. Spider. "I knew this day would come." He would need to try and comfort her, or try to calm her down, or...something. He wrapped his arms around her, and softly said, "It's alright. I'm here to protect you when you need me. You have nothing to worry about. I've got you." Whenever Krysta calmed down, he would then speak of retrieving the pendant once more, before the other two players had a chance to grab it. For now, he would try to reassure Krysta, and let her know that she was safe from harm.

Krysta still clung to Vigilon, but she stopped saying the name of the monstrous creature's kind, and her legs stopped trembling. His embrace and his words gave her feelings of security and comfort. Thus, rather than terrified clinging, this began to look like a tight embrace. "Th-th-thank you.... Th-thank you, Alex...." Krysta was happy to know that he cared deeply for her, despite this somewhat embarrassing revelation of her phobia of spiders she'd gone and openly revealed with her frantic actions. She continued to hold tightly for about a minute or more, then her grip lessened. Yolviinsil watched this from a short distance, letting Krysta have her little moment of reassurance. Krysta now felt much better, and wasn't worried about a spider anymore. Besides, it was too far to try and track her down. She gave him a light, short kiss on the cheek. Then she would listen to what Vigilon had to say.

@Vigilon

It worked. His intention to comfort her, and assure her that she was safe had done well. Veriost waited for this moment to finish by laying down beside Yolviinsil. Vigilon couldn't help but blush slightly when Krysta kissed him on the cheek. He held her close for a bit longer, then they had to get back to the reason they were here in the first place. "So...did something happen before the spider? I didn't get any response to my message, so I kind of got worried." Whether he would be told about XOXXie's intentions wasn't important, but what was important was that now that they had both overcome their opponents, they could go back to searching for the pendant. Besides, they shouldn't be too far from it now. In fact... "Well then, I guess we should get back to it then. I wonder where- Hey, is that a room over there? What's that sparkle coming from within?"

@Krysta