[PP-F3] The Minotaurs, the Rivals, and the Pendant <<Search for the Hoya>>

Vigilon reminded Krysta to return to the present by initiating conversation involving it. He asked what had happened before the spider. "I had a run in with XOXXie... She is envious of me, and she dueled against me. I emerged victorious, but she intended to begin a full loss duel once our energy had recovered. Strangely, if it weren't for the spider, I would have been stuck in a duel to the death!" Vigilon spotted something sparkling within a room. A room? this room must be where the pendant is! She entered the room, and saw a pendant on top of a pedestal that sunlight shone on via a skylight. The pendant was elegantly designed, made from silver, and with a rose-colored jewel in the center, as well as one amethyst to the left of it, and one topaz to the right of it. "Wow..." She took the pendant from the pedestal, and returned to Vigilon, saying, "We now have the pendant, let's get out of here before the other players realize we've taken the prize!"

@Vigilon

Edited by Krysta
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon couldn't believe it. A duel to the death? Envy? XOXXie? "Holy crap, that lady's a real freak! ...Or just excessively jealous and willing to kill over such a ridiculous thing." Out loud, he said, "If XOXXie tries to attack you again, I'll just get in her way. Problem solved. I'm not going to let that happen to you." Krysta entered the room Vigilon had spotted, and she retrieved the pendant from the pedestal. It was a beautifully crafted pendant. Elegant design, the positions and shapes of the jewels within the silver pendant... "Huh. Now I'm starting to understand why a bunch of man-cows would risk their lives to guard a pendant." Krysta then suggested that they leave before the other players realize that Krysta and Vigilon had beaten them to the prized, precious pendant. "I agree. Plus, I'm not interested in hanging around this maze long enough to forget the best route back. Let's get out of here!!!"

@Krysta

Vigilon came through again with some reassurance. "Aww, thanks...she actually wouldn't harm a hair on a man's head, apparently, so if you were to place yourself in the way like a meat shield, you can bet she'd reconsider her options." Vigilon shared his thoughts on the pendant. "I can see why, too. If there was lore behind this, I could guess that whoever owned it first had treasured it so much that two Minotaurs were given the task of preventing it from falling into anyone else's hands." Turns out, Vigilon had a way back fresh in his mind, and he was hoping to leave before he could forget it. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Krysta would follow Vigilon until they reached the exit, and then they would make their way back to the safe zone next, to show the pendant to Mitria. "You'll see this mystical pendant, Mitria, we're coming!"

@Vigilon

Thank goodness Vigilon was able to remember the route. He barely did, but he remembered it. It could have easily been a chaotic mess for his mind had he forgotten a step. Thank whoever was dumb enough to let a floor compass be present in a guarded maze designed to keep intruders from reaching the treasure. Soon, they were back in the part of the maze that was crumbling and overgrown. "I think we're getting close, but I doubt we're out of the woods yet." Meanwhile... "This looks like it's the center. There's the pedestal!" "Wait a minute...there's nothing here!! What could have possibly..." "Vigilon!" "That girl!" They didn't have a way back other than the crystals, so they would begin to look around the immediate area, thus giving a minor head start to Krysta and Vigilon. If only they could anticipate what would happen, since Venorim was one to always shoot for victory...

@Krysta

Vigilon managed to lead them back to the beginning of the maze so far. Perhaps they could slow down a bit. Vigilon may have said that they weren't out of the woods yet, but there was still a little time to look for something in particular. She soon learned that the crumbling area of the maze was basically barren. She couldn't possibly find a chest here, nor could she find a usable material that a tailor could use. "I'm sorry about stalling, let's move on!" She would be able to bring the pendant back safely, that was certain, and she would show it to Mitria before the day ended. How long had it been while they were in the maze? There was still daylight, but how long would it last? She began to wonder how Mitria would react to seeing the pendant, then she wondered what would possibly happen while on the way back.

@Vigilon

ID# 100748 LD: 6+3=9(Failed to find a chest)

(OOC: Dang, no chest. I guess there's always the next thread, though.)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon slowed down for Krysta when she started searching. When she found nothing, she apologized to him for the stalling, then they began to move on. The exit of the maze was in sight. "Hey, Krysta, since the pendant is going to be yours, why don't you equip it?" There would only be one possible problem with that, however. The stalling, unintentionally gave the other two players the time they needed to spot Vigilon and Krysta! "There you are!" "Crap!" Vigilon took Krysta's hand and ran out the exit with her. They were back in the hidden path, and mists were starting to gather just above the ground. It was only about an inch or two so far, but if the players took too long, they might get lost in it! "We've gotta move fast, before the mists cloud our vision, or before Venorim and XOXXie catch up to us!"

@Krysta

The maze's exit was in sight, and Vigilon asked Krysta if she would like to equip the pendant since she was going to keep it anyway. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt..." No sooner did she equip it, they were found by Venorim and XOXXie. How they found the route back so easily was a mystery to her, but it would never be answered. Vigilon took Krysta's hand, and they made for the exit. Mists began to gather as they traversed the hidden path that they walked to reach the maze some time ago. Vigilon suggested they move fast, lest the mists make it too hard to see, or Venorim and XOXXie catch up to them. Krysta was already running, but it would certainly help to run a top speed for at least a bit. "They can't possibly be looking for a fight at this time! Why are they chasing us?"

@Vigilon

"If it's not a fight, I don't really know what it could be, but I guess we can assume that it can't be good!" This little shenanigan probably had nothing to do with Ind0minus, but everything to do with Venorim and XOXXie. "Again, though, where does he find these people??" Venorim slowly gained on them, and he noticed the pendant's sparkle. When he would get close enough, due to his "victory only" standards, he went low, so to speak. He would swipe his hand towards Krysta in a desperate attempt to seize the item. Vigilon stopped short to get in his way. He stood still, and braced for impact. Venorim was unprepared for that, so he fell to the ground at the impact, and Vigilon started running again as he started to get back up. "Now that was just crazy and wrong! Is this guy bent on victory, no matter the consequences??"

@Krysta

Vigilon guessed that whatever reason the players were chasing after Krysta and Vigilon for, it couldn't be good. Venorim began gaining on them, and...he tried to swipe the pendant?? Vigilon stopped running and let himself be a sudden obstacle, thus stopping Venorim in his tracks before running again. "I'm not sure, but why would he ever go that low? I can't believe it, why would he do such a thing? Stealing? How dishonorable!" It seemed that there was a roadblock after all. Venorim was chasing them to steal the pendant, and XOXXie was probably chasing to make her attempt to challenge Krysta to another duel, but one that was to the death. XOXXie's threat could easily be stopped if it was truly the case, but as for Venorim, Vigilon and Krysta would need to outrun him. If they would ever be able to succeed and show the pendant to Mitria at this rate, they would have to make a fast getaway before the mists fully gathered...

@Vigilon

Krysta agreed with Vigilon that what Venorim was doing was wrong. "You're telling me!" He turned his head to see Venorim trying to catch up. "Why the heck are you doing this? What do you possibly hope to gain that's worth suffering an infraction?" "I settle for victory and success, nothing less. I came to retrieve a pendant, and I will return to Ind0minus with it!" "I doubt that he'd be happy with your methods, pal! You've already lost! just get up and move on!" XOXXie managed to catch up with Venorim, and she spotted Krysta. "You! So you think you can get away with a victory, huh? Well here's the final stretch of your trip! If i reach you, we duel to the death, and if you reach the safe zone before I do, I'll pardon you. For now." Vigilon couldn't believe what he was hearing. Krysta was right about XOXXie trying to kill her in a duel. "Man, these two are nuts or something! They'll catch up to us before long...wait, I know!" He managed to whisper into Krysta's ear as they ran, "Hide. They're both after you, I can try and distract them, so once you've disappeared, they'll both fail in their goals."

@Krysta

Vigilon agreed with Krysta, then asked Venorim why he would do such a thing. The reason why was absolutely ridiculous. He was willing to commit crimes for success that he could easily achieve another time? Vigilon remarked that their leader wouldn't approve of his methods, and that he should just accept his loss and move on. Krysta was about to say something, then XOXXie made her threatening challenge. She was now stuck in yet another problem. Vigilon managed to come up with an idea, and he told Krysta to hide, since both players were after her, meaning that it was only Krysta who needed to lose them. She reached top speed again, then found a bush to dive into. She had hidden too early, and thus she would begin running again. Hopefully, Vigilon would be able to keep the two players distracted, and Krysta would be able to make her escape.

@Vigilon

ID# 100772 LD: 2(Too low, discovered)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon smiled when Krysta took action to work with the idea. He then stood firm with his arms wide open, blocking the way. "Nobody's going a step further! Not while I stand here!" Thank goodness the path was mostly narrow, otherwise Venorim and XOXXie would have just gone around. "Out of our way. Move." Vigilon had just the words to counter that. "No. You move. Away from here." XOXXie began to breathe deeply, while Venorim began trying to move Vigilon by force. "His actions are...reasonable. More than ours. We can't just commit crimes for victory... And I should not be so absorbed in my own jealousy that I'd be willing to kill over it." Was this an act, or was XOXXie realizing the wrongs? She came closer to Vigilon, and nudged Venorim away from him. Vigilon didn't know what to do now. However, suddenly, the next thing he knew, XOXXie had pinned him down, but not hard enough to deal damage. "If you want success that badly, you'll have to defeat the girl in a duel. the choice is yours, Venorim!" Venorim ran off, soon to spot Krysta getting in and out of a bush. "You! Get back here!"

@Krysta

When Krysta looked behind her, it was only Venorim who was chasing after her. Could XOXXie have fallen behind, or did something else happen? Where was Vigilon? So much was happening, and Kyrsta was getting worried. She sprinted at top speed again to get a chance to hide, then found a bush with white flowers blooming from it. The mists began to gather more, and it was about three inches above the ground now. If Venorim didn't give up soon, all four players might get lost in this forest. She dove into the bush, and what luck, she wasn't found at all! "Thank goodness, I thought I was going to be chased all the way to the safe zone!" When Venorim would leave, and Krysta would find that the coast was clear, she would leave the bush and begin looking for Vigilon. Once the two players regrouped, they could return to the safe zone peacefully, and show the pendant to Mitria.

@Vigilon

ID# 100807 LD: 19(Successfully hidden from Venorim)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon could only watch as Venorim left to seek out Krysta. "Why did you do that? I thought you were trying to act rationally!" "I am. This way, it is only he who will suffer for his own choice. I merely gave him the opportunity to make it. Although it pains me to say such things, I really must say your girlfriend handles herself well in a fight. even if Venorim reaches her, she won't die, nor will she be seriously injured." XOXXie let go of Vigilon, hesitantly, and said, "Well? Go help her! I'd do the same if it were for you!" "Right. Hang in there, Jewel! I'm coming!" Alright, maybe XOXXie could be a bit quirky and irrational at times, but it seemed to Vigilon that she was able to learn. Of course, as he ran, he did hear a lamenting cry that sounded like, "Cruelty, thy name is Destiny!" This was most likely something that had to do with XOXXie alone. He eventually found Venorim looking through bushes. "She's not around..." "Just go back already. You've lost, and you know it, too. My guess is that you just don't want to admit defeat." "...Blast... You and your ally may have won the day, but I will have my revenge. This I can assure you of..." With that, he decided to take the quick way back. Venorim held up a Teleport Crystal. "Teleport: Yomi!" And Venorim was gone. Vigilon walked on, and eventually spotted Krysta, and started walking towards her.

@Krysta

(OOC: I have a crazy idea. I hope you're alright with it. I'm going to spawn some mobs for us to fight.)

(OOC: I'm fine with it as long as I don't keep missing.)

Krysta thought that Vigilon was out of the forest by now, so she had left the forest. However, Vigilon was not in sight. What would happen if one of those two players came? She couldn't just remain out in the open like this... Krysta was worried that she would be found, and she wasn't in the mood for getting chased all over the place. Suddenly, she heard a voice. "Hey, are you alright?" Krysta turned to see a young girl in heavy armor. "Oh! Um, hello. I'm fine, thank you for asking...but I am a bit worried. A player recently tried to steal this pendant." The girl pulled out a one handed spear and a shield. "I can keep this person from trying that again if you'd like." "I doubt that I'll have to worry about anything then." Krysta replied with a nervous chuckle. "I'm Krysta, pleasure to meet you." The girl put away her weapon. "My name is Laida. It's nice to meet you, too."

@Vigilon

Laida(Again, this is just the visual image of the character):

Spoiler

Laida.thumb.jpg.ba68402c5209fa0e707dc7c629b1b195.jpg

Vigilon saw Krysta speaking with another player. "Hey, Jewel! Venorim finally admitted defeat and fled to Yomi. I don't know where XOXXie is right now, but she's learned the error in her recent methods and actions, despite that she pinned me down just so that Venorim could make a choice. Of course, he chose poorly." He turned to the blue haired girl in heavy armor. "I'm Vigilon. Nice to meet you." After the introductions were over with, Vigilon found a stone that he decided to rest on. "Phew, first the minotaurs, then Venorim and XOXXie, then the chase...man, what a day of events and shenanigans it's been already. Might as well call it a day once we get back to the safe zone..." Vigilon looked to the stone, and realized something. There was a carving of a griffin on it. "Aw, crap, what did I just do?" He got up, and when he looked to the sky, he saw three griffins descending to the ground. Each one landed in front of one player, and it currently seemed each of them was thinking of a one on one fight. They would be in the same area, but not close enough for a group fight.

[Spawned Thunder Griffin and Blaze Griffin]

(OOC: Thanks for that IRL discussion about the mobs we're talking about and what they can do, @Krysta.)

Griffins:

Spoiler

Griffin.jpg.4f252c7738dc3c89de67ea635504fce6.jpg

Vigilon's Fight:

Spoiler

Vigilon: HP 420/420, EN 47/47 | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Blaze Griffin: HP 150/150, 45 DMG, Inflicts burn on MD rolls of 9-10

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

Krysta: HP 300/300, EN 30/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Thunder Griffin: HP 150/150, 45 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10

Edited by Vigilon

(OOC: That's fair, giving me the one that paralyzes instead of DoT burns. I mean it. Also, I corrected the numbers for MD roll requirements.)

Vigilon arrived, saying that Venorim had finally admitted defeat, and XOXXie realized the error in her ways. Finally, Krysta could relax. "Oh thank goodness, I was actually worried I might be chased all the way to the safe zone!" Vigilon saw and introduced himself to Laida. "I'm Laida. Nice to meet you, too." Laida looked back to Krysta. "So, do you two know each other pretty well? 'Cause if Jewel is your real name, I can see why you'd know each other by them." Krysta was going to speak when Vigilon accidentally brought some unwanted company. Krysta drew out her rapier, and one of the creatures landed specifically in front of her. The other two also seemed to pick a single opponent. "Well, it looks like you've accidentally summoned them! I'll make sure this one here doesn't have a change of heart!" Laida pulled out her weapon, held her shield firmly, and activated Howl. Krysta looked to the griffin she was facing. "Just you and me, feathered fiend!" Krysta readied her weapon, and she attacked with the Sword Art known as Crucifixion, dealing a good amount of damage to the beast.

@Vigilon

ID# 100896 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Crucifixion: 9x6=54

Krysta: HP 300/300, EN 24/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Thunder Griffin: HP 96/150, 45 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10

Edited by Krysta

(OOC: fixed. Sorry about that, I was originally considering having the CD determine the ailment success rate, but MD makes more sense)

Three griffins, three players, three different battles. Laida completely captured the attention of the griffin before her, and it was essentially taunted into a rage. It missed Laida by an inch. Krysta managed to score a good hit on the griffin she was fighting, and it wouldn't be long before it would attempt to retaliate. Vigilon looked at the griffin that he would be facing. "We gonna do this or what?" Vigilon thought that he could just evade and strike like he usually did. The evasive action didn't go as planned. The griffin managed to strike Vigilon with a fiery talon, inflicting burn in the process. When Vigilon looked at his HP, he saw the status ailment mark as his HP suffered additional damage. "Burn?? Wait a minute..." He looked at the HP meter of the monster he was facing, <<Blaze Griffin>>. "Crap...these guys are enhanced! Be careful!" He retaliated to the burn-inflicting attack with Horizontal Square, stunning the Griffin.

@Krysta

Vigilon's Fight:

Spoiler

ID# 100919 BD: 8+1=9(Hit), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG, Burn Inflicted)

Horizontal Square- 6x4=24

}}Burn Damage{{: Vigilon takes 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 371/420, EN 40/47 | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed, Burn: 1 Turn, 12 DMG

Enemies:

Blaze Griffin: HP 126/150, 45 DMG, Inflicts burn on MD rolls of 9-10 {Stunned}

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

ID# 100920 MD: 4(Miss)

Krysta: HP 300/300, EN 24/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta watched the other players take action as the fights raged around her. Laida attacked her foe using Arahabaki, cutting the HP of the griffin she was fighting by about half. She must have been a fairly strong player. Krysta looked over to Vigilon, who was attacked by a burn inflicting strike from the Griffin he was battling against. Krysta was actually a bit surprised when Vigilon ended up with a status ailment. Thankfully, Vigilon was able to retaliate with a stun Sword Art.She looked to the Griffin she was fighting. As displayed above it's HP bar, the monster's name was <<Thunder Griffin>>. The griffin Krysta was facing attempted to attack her, but she was able to dodge the attack. Now it was time for her to attempt another strike. Hopefully this attack will go just as well as the first one. She readied her weapon, and rushed for her foe, but she ended up missing her target by an inch. Hopefully, she could evade the Griffin's next attack, and make a well-placed strike against it.

@Vigilon

ID# 100941 BD: 2(Miss)

Krysta: HP 300/300, EN 23/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon quickly turned to watch the other battles rage around him before he would return to his own fight. Laida had struck the griffin that opposed her with an attack that almost cut it's HP in half. However, it was able to retaliate. The griffin let out it's cry as it raised it's talon to attack. The talon seemed to be surrounded with winds and bits of...ice? Upon this, Vigilon learned that this one must have a freeze enhancement, and it was proven by the successful strike encasing Laida in a layer of ice. Maybe if he could handle his own griffin in a short amount of time, he could help out. However, it seemed that the attack didn't do very much damage. Perhaps it was mitigated? He looked over to see Krysta miss on her attack by an inch. "We'll all get through this. In time, we'll all get out of this mess." He rushed for his foe, and he somehow ended up missing. "Well, that worked." He saw the Thunder Griffin strike Krysta with a paralyzing strike. "Krysta!" He would be stuck having to focus on the Blaze Griffin for now, but if things went from bad to worse, he would jump in as soon as the Blaze Griffin was dealt with.

@Krysta

Vigilon's fight:

Spoiler

[Stun refrains Blaze Griffin from taking action]

ID# 100948 BD: 3+1=4(Miss)

}}Burn Damage{{: Vigilon takes 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 359/420, EN 39/47 | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Enemies:

Blaze Griffin: HP 126/150, 45 DMG, Inflicts burn on MD rolls of 9-10 [Stun Immunity: 2 Turns]

Krysta's Fight:

Spoiler

ID# 100949 MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG, Paralysis inflicted)

Krysta: HP 272/300, EN 23/30 | 7 DMG | 18 MIT {Paralyzed}

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon