[F9-PP] Friends and Family Bonding <Itzal and Hestia> <<Burning Phoenix Feathers>>

Itzal had heard about a quest on the ninth floor so he felt it would be a pretty good one to start with.  At least, a good one to do with Raven watching.  Raven was apparently Hestia's younger sister, and she seemed rather mature for her age.  In addition, she concerned him when she mentioned people being kidnapped in addition to being killed.  He planned on bringing it up when all the front liners were gathered for the boss raid.  Hopefully he could get enough of their attention.  The difficulty was, that he needed to gather some more intel on the matter.  He couldn't just come to them with rumors.  He waited on the ninth floor with his black armor Niger Natio, the hood and mouthpiece off.  Yakimba at his side, and Beauty Incarnated worn on his left hand.  Velnia was flying around looking for a food place while they were waiting for @Hestia and Raven.  Or rather, Ember and Raven.  He was still uncomfortable with the idea of using real life names, but he just had to trust her with it now.

I make my way towards the ninth floor after having picked up my sister from Domarus having promised to keep her safe since a frontliner is joining them. With that i lead her towards where you said you will be in your message. Keeping Raven along for a learning experience more so then anything else when it comes to the strength of a mob that gave me and Jomei a little trouble could be interesting to fight with a person like Itzal helping. I smile a bit at that wondering how different the two builds will be from what i will be able to observe of them. At the very least it will be a lot easier to find the Phoenix this time around since Itzal is around to help out with his superior scouting skills in that regard. i step onto the platform and says the simple phrase. teleport Yogen Village. With that the group of four composing of two players, and two familiars appear upon the ninth floor as i then make my way through the floor till i spot you as i grin and runs over giving a tight hug with a bright smile. Hey Itzal! I say cheerfully as i then back away as Raven comes on over and looks between us two. So you sure he isn't a brother? You sure treating him with lots of kindness. raven says with a sort of innocence in her voice.

Itzal waited patiently on the volcanic floor.  The air was far warmer than usual, but it didn't bother Itzal at all.  He personally preferred the warmth over the cold, so with the survival skill he barely noticed the heat.  Velnia had been on this floor once before and her quick brain had forgotten where the food place was, replaced by other bits of information.  The title of this quest betrayed what they'd be fighting too:  A Phoenix.  He wondered if it's evasion would be high or just it's accuracy.  He stood quietly as he pondered it...  Suddenly the teleport pad activated and he smiled and turned to Hestia and Raven.  Before he could say anything however he saw Hestia launch at him and hug him, drawing out a surprised reaction from him.  "Ah, hey Hestia how are you today?"  When Raven spoke up his cheeks reddened.  "This has got to be a dream, now there's two of you.  I feel like I'm a teasing magnet..."  He sighed and hugged Hestia back, hoping she would let go not too long after that.

@Hestia

I'm doing pretty good. I say rather cheerfully at your question as i chuckle at Raven's question, and then even louder at your response to her question as i slowly collect myself in terms of not laughing the entire time. So then Itzal you wanted to do a quest then. I say rather happily with a bright smile on m face as i relax in my stance as i look to you. So then if you want to fight the Phoenix lets get searching for it, and it seems that the Phoenix is either normally fairly powerful, or it might scale with players. it might be by tier, or levels i'm not certain. I tell you with a small shrug of my shoulders as i look into your eyes. My familiar looks towards Velnia and flies over towards her with a grin on his face. Quickly Kuro tags the fast little dragon and then takes off at a steady pace at first to see if the small fast dragon is wishing to play.

Itzal stood there thinking carefully as he listened to Hestia give more information on the Phoenix.  He thought about more than that though.  "So you've already cleared this quest then?  You really don't rest do you?  If you've cleared enough to start challenging the most recent and more deadly quests."  It was a joke, but it was also serious.  She was really pushing things and putting stress on grinding for levels.  He thought about the Phoenix.  "If it's scaled by tier then it shouldn't be too big of a deal.  My level is rather high, though I suppose levels don't increase my mitigation or damage.  If it's by level then it should be around seven hundred and forty health with two hundred and twenty two damage.  Unless it's scaled higher than most monsters are.  I'm not sure about mitigation, evasion or accuracy though.  It wouldn't make sense for a phoenix to have mitigation but bosses rarely go without it.  At any rate it shouldn't be too difficult to find, though it will be easier after beating it.  If I use my tracking skill I can increase my accuracy on the first strike, ensuring a direct hit."

@Hestia

Yeah i've worked hard to the point where i had cleared out all these tier 1 floors except Night's King, and now this Phoenix quest..well now just Night's King really. I say with a smile on my face as i start to lead us out of the town with raven looking towards you with a curious glance. So then mister Itzal why did you wish for me to go along with you and big sis on this quest? She asks you rather curiously. Wondering why a frontliner would wish to bring her along on any quests that could prove difficult if they just got created. thinking that it must mean these quests were created with players meant for the frontlines rather then people like her.   I nod my head rather curious at that, but figures it might be to allow myself and Raven more time to be together rather then apart since it has been a really long time since either of the two had been together in practically years. When we get into the part of actually tracking the Phoenix i nod my head as i look towards you. Then go right ahead Itzal and start looking for things that could lead towards the Phoenix. I say with a smile upon my face. I then quickly continues. Either way from the sound of it this will be a really easy quest in the end. Since i don't think the Phoenix will be able to harm me all that much.

Hearing Hestia say that made Itzal chuckle.  "Is that so?  Well then, I suppose I should just give up level grinding.  You'll beat me and Calrex after that in no time it seems.  No need for a measly scout to grind anymore, I've already hit my most use with my pathetic sword arts.  Meanwhile you're a powerful tank who will definitely be needed on the front lines.  I'd say you could replace Calrex easy, even with no unique skill."  Again, this was partly joke but it was also part seriousness.  His usefulness as a dps was insanely pathetic when compared to the other front liners.  In addition, her guild was working flawlessly with one another and from what he could tell kept active.  His guild was rarely ever moving, and if they did they were competing with one another.  Or at least Jonathan seemed to be.  There wasn't any trust anymore.  At this point his use would be nothing but seek out the labyrinths and gather materials, crafting when needed.  Even then, he heard there was a new performer who was nearly rank four as well so he should probably just give up the grind there too.  In summary, he was about as useful as a second rate sidekick.  When Raven talked to him, some of what he was serious about would slip through.  "Well partially because I need help with this one.  If I was an actually good dps player then I could probably handle it on my own, but my sword art is a straight sword, so the damage output is pathetic in comparison with real dps players.  So I'll need someone to tank the damage for me.  As for you, I know you enjoy spending time with your sister, so I figured you could come along with us.  I could show you a technique or two if you'd like." 

@Hestia

I just nod my head ever so slightly and moves forward and gives you a tight hug as i keep you close. You won't be useless Felix. I know that no matter what that you can handle things on your own, and you have the strength to overcome adversity. if you don't like relying on others at least you're not a tank like myself who is forced to be dependent upon others, and unlike Shield i can't just pay myself money to get some merchant supplies. I say slightly jokingly just wishing to try and cheer you up with some words to try and put things in perspective, and just try to make you feel better about yourself. Besides powerful is a very relative term for myself since i can take hits, but not deal any at all out to my opponents. I tell you as i pat you gently on the back. Feeling ever so slightly bad that for yourself you see your use as done with at this point as i know for myself that such a truth is not one. Believing that if such a case has happened there is always a way to modify the build to improve what you have at some point.

Raven herself just nods her head with a kind smile towards you feeling bad for this frontliners that seems to not be happy with what he is thinking about or saying at all. Keeping this in the back of her mind to inform Domarus about it encase someone would try to go after this man. Knowing some player killers would want to go after what could be seen as a easy target if his damage is weak. That way Domarus could try and put his focus upon this man to help him out if he gets targeted at all.

It really was bothering him, his usefulness was quickly running it's course down to nothing.  His best technique, Soul Barrage, was useless if he couldn't deal enough damage.  And honestly the only way he could increase his damage further was by getting the precision modifier, which would give him a plus one.  In short?  There wasn't any modifier that fit his needs that would increase his usefulness as a dps.  He blushed when Hestia hugged him again but smiled when he heard her encouragement...  While still blushing.  "While that may be true Hestia, the tanking and support roles are more needed than you'd think.  I doubt Kayaba will keep giving us baby bosses for long, he'll begin punching for real in due time.  We need tanks and supporters.  We'll also need dps players who can really pack a punch back.  I don't have that, and I can't either.  The only way I can get stronger is switching my sword art to something else...  And that's not something I'm comfortable with.  So my only use is scouting, which other players have clearly done.  Hirru finds the labyrinth nearly as easily as I do.  So while I appreciate the encouragement, the outcome remains the same." 

@Hestia

I think back to the boss raid meeting and just nods my head. yeeeah i could imagine how much tanking roles are needed on the frontlines if you're seemingly just skating by on such principles with how i remember the boss raid meeting. Just enough tanks, and just enough support actually helping you guys out. I say towards you with a small shrug of my shoulders as the two of us then exit the main settlement, and are now out in the wilds of the ninth floor where monsters can roam and cause havoc all around. Although while Kayaba can try to bring out bosses that can pack a punch eventually us as players wouldn't be able to keep up with numbers if the floor bosses have some kind of crazy high stats and such since it would just take way to long to compensate for strength or something. I say towards you with a confident grin on my face keeping positive about the situation of how you will be able to get use in the end.

To Itzal, it sounded like Hestia was suggesting that Kayaba wouldn't make the boss' stats so insane that players couldn't keep up with it.  That however wasn't what he was concerned about.  "Think of it this way:  I'm worried that the bosses will be designed to be dangerous for a group of fully buffed players, all of them fully buffed.  If that happens then it's stats will be high enough to be dangerous, yet low enough to be beatable and, hopefully, not tedious.  However that's not what I'm most worried about."  He looked at her with his eyes, not turning his head.  "I'm worried if Kayaba starts getting creative with future boss abilities and environmental effects.  I've seen environmental effects in event bosses, and even some floor raids.  If he makes them more common, and makes abilities more unpredictable, then that could pose a serious problem.  In addition, even if I were fully buffed, my damage would be even worse than before since players with high damage, would have a far greater amount than before.  That stacked with high sword arts keeps me from even comparing with them.  For example:  I'd have twenty two damage fully buffed, while a player with a two handed weapon would have around twenty five, maybe six.  If they had martial arts or spear, they'd have a multiplier of fifteen, making their sword arts deal three hundred and ninety damage, while I'm dealing two hundred and forty two, nearly one hundred and fifty points difference.  I think it's safe to say tha-"  He wasn't able to finish as his detection mod alerted him to an attack and he narrowly dodged it, avoiding the Phoenix' attack.

Spoiler

Spoiler

General
Level: 74
HP: 1,470
Energy: 144

DMG: 16 (base 1 damage + 9 dmg (Velnia) +5 sword skill +1 Athletics)

SP Available:  13

Total SP:  394

Usual Setup

Yakimba (+2 Bleed +2 Paralysis Tier 2)

Niger Natio  (+3 evasive Tier 2)
Beauty Incarnated  (+3 Accuracy Tier 1)

-------------------------------------------

Looting Setup

Twilight Cloak  (+3 LD Tier 1)
Faithkeeper  (+3 Accuracy Tier 2)
Skyreach  (+3 Col Multiplier Tier 1)

-------------------------------------------

Boss Raid Setup

Hardened Resolve (+56 MIT Tier 3)
Yakimba (+2 Bleed +2 Paralysis Tier 2)
Beauty Incarnated (+3 Accuracy Tier 1)

Skills: 

Grandmaster one handed straight sword (+5 DMG) <50 sp>

Grandaster light armor (+25 MIT) <50 sp>

Grandmaster Search and Detect  (+5 LD) <50 sp>

Gatherer (turns each material found into the ammount of 4) <10 sp>

Picking (+3 LD when opening chests) <15 sp>

Velnia (Rank 3 Fighter: +9 dmg) <18 sp>

Grandmaster Charge (+5 dmg first attack) <50 sp>

Grandmaster Battle Healing (+5% total health per combat post) <50 sp>

Mods:

Reveal (+2LD when searching for dungeons or players.  Dungeons rolled for every 15 posts rather than 20) <9 sp>

Detect (+1 to dungeon searching, +3 to player, npc, mob searching, all player stealth bonuses are negated) <9>
Night Vision (Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness, as well as negating others stealth bonuses from it) <5>

Dismantling (+2 LD for picking chests)  <8 sp>
Tracking: Allows the player to track another player or monster down by entering their name if the name is known to the player. This negates the targets hiding bonuses and when hunting monsters, guarantees a hit regardless of BD roll, though still requires to roll for a critical. Tracking takes a post action. <12>
Athletics: +1 dmg +10 * tier HP

Spring & Acrobatics +1 Evasion while wearing light armor

Extra/locked Skills: 

Meditation 0 ranks

Survival <3 sp>

Disguise (when activated, turns Itzal into his opponent, giving him +1 BD and his opponent -1 BD during Itzal's and the opponent's turn.  can only be used every 12 turns

Expert Martial Arts (+3 unarmed damage) <23 sp>

Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  144/144
@Hestia:  ???/???  <>  ??/??

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP: 740/740
DMG: 222
MIT: 75
ACC: 2
EVA: 2
Abilities:
<< Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing 50 more damage to its base, additionally the player suffers Burn damage at 24 damage per turn for two turns.

I roll my eyes ever so slightly and just pats you on the shoulder. Itzal you're getting way to involved with the number side of things. You need to stop worrying about such things in all honesty in my opinion. You should try to just enjoy the life that the game can give you like you told me to do. if you worry about the number side of things you will just run yourself like crazy with thoughts of how outmatched some things can be. i tell you as we walk and then sees you dodge with absolute ease from the attack as i naturally just activate howl against the Phoenix as i take my sword and shield out as my familiar flies up into the air ready to tackle the phoenix out of the sky if need be to help me out in trying to get the phoenix down to the ground. I glance towards my sister and just gives a nod as she backs up with that. Well itzal time for you to kick this Phoenix's butt. I tell you with a grin on my face.

Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  144/144
[H:3] Hestia: 1065/1065  <>  92/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP: 740/740
Abilities:
<< Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing 50 more damage to its base, additionally the player suffers Burn damage at 24 damage per turn for two turns.

"Both sides are true.  I do need to accept this path I've chosen and live life with meaning.  At the same time numbers don't lie...  That and I was good with programming and coding back in the real world, so numbers are kind of stuck with me," he said before bringing his focus back to their opponent. Kick it's butt?  He doubted he'd be that good but he'd be able to accomplish the task regardless.  One way or another, he activated charge.  The Phoenix had went in to attack Hestia, but when Itzal charged in it attempted to evade him.  Itzal saw it's speed and knew that it would certainly be a challenge for him.  He managed to strike it however, dealing one hundred and fifty six points of damage.  So it had seventy five mitigation then eh?  The Phoenix cried out in pain before retreating, preventing another strike to be dealt on it.  He turned to Hestia.  "If you manage to paralyze or stun him, then it will make hitting him a lot easier.  Otherwise I fear we may be missing him a great deal.  Crow, I suggest you watch how we fight ok?"

ID#  98113  BD:  5+3-2  MD:  1

16+5x11-75=156 dmg

[H:1]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  133/144
[H:3] @Hestia: 1065/1065  <>  92/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP: 584/740
Abilities:

I gesture towards the Phoenix with a smile on my face. See you're already kicking its butt ten ways to Sunday. Stop worrying about damage i know you can beat anything that tries to stand against you, and if you can't do so by yourself you will have me as your competent tank all the way if you want to do that sort of teamup dynamic. I say with a grin on my face as i quickly charge towards the phoenix as i whistle loudly as i raise my sword towards the phoenix as it gets surrounded in blood red energy. Kuro! Tackle it to the ground! I call out to my familiars as Kuro chases after the Phoenix at surprising speeds for a creature his size as he charges towards the Phoenix. A indignant squawk coming from the phoenix as it screeches then shoots fire darts towards my familiar who dodge them just ever so barely by moving in a cylindrical motion around the darts. He then slams its body into the phoenix when it is above it, moving it towards the ground as fast as he can. I smile when i see so and quickly charges and tries to strike it with my own sword art, but just as my sword is about to strike the bird it flips around and then quickly takes off once more. I grit my teeth and cancels the sword art as i nod towards my familiar and pet him gently. You did your best. I say to him with a grin. We'll get it next time. I say confidently.

@Itzal

#98114   BD:6+1-2=5  CD:2(no regen)

[H:1]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  133/144
[H:3] Hestia: 1065/1065  <>  91/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
584/740
Abilities:

He watched as Hestia worked with Kuro in an attempt to stun the Phoenix, hopefully bringing it down enough to a point where striking it would be easy.  However the Phoenix was more agile than Kuro was and he looked at Velnia.  The hyperactive dragon grinned when she caught on and waited for his signal.  Itzal rushed at the Phoenix in the hopes of either distracting it or striking it.  However, this time the Phoenix was ready for him.  The monster evaded his attacks with ease, and tried to strike him from behind.  Itzal however, was able to dodge the attack.  The boss tried to redirect it's attention to Hestia, shooting at her.  That's when Itzal nodded to Velnia and the dragon shot at the bird from nowhere, forcing it to halt it's assault and deal with the new pest that just arrived.  Velnia encouraged Kuro to join her in the attack, erupting in lightning that covered her, forcing the Phoenix to take her seriously as it evaded her attacks.  "I know you haven't participated in a boss raid yet Hestia, but I'm certain you know that the health and mitigation difference between quest bosses and a floor boss is a rather great difference indeed.  Though again, I appreciate the encouragement."  He stood still while Velnia assaulted the Phoenix, breathing in and out to calm himself to focus.  Unfortunately Velnia failed to keep the Phoenix from attacking Hestia entirely and it landed a hit on her.

ID#  98115  BD:  1  MD:  4+2=6

222-152=70 dmg

[H:1]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  131/144
[H:3] @Hestia: 995/1065  <>  92/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
584/740
Abilities:

I look towards the Phoenix as it tries to attack me once more as i dodge the attack this time around preferring to not get hit by whatever this thing could do. Remembering that it could set people on fire if it wants to, and i prefer not becoming a extra rare Ember. I then grin at seeing Kuro join in with a roar of approval as the two familiars try to tackle and attack the Phoenix from all sides to distract it enough to try and lower it more and more into the ground. I smile as i see the phoenix instead charge at me as i turn my shield to face it as i take the hit with a smile on my face and then deflects the phoenix off of it and lets my sword glow with energy as i try to strike the phoenix once more, but ends up missing once more as i whistle loudly. Hearing the call once more Kuro quickly charges at the Phoenix once more trying to tackle it hard into the ground while it is still low.

#98116  BD:4-1=3  CD:10  (+3/-2=+1=)

[H:1]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  131/144
[H:3] Hestia: 1010/1065  <>  92/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1 (+15 HP 2/3)

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
530/740
Abilities:

Itzal heard Hestia go silent, and when he saw her he was fairly certain it was to focus and nothing more.  Raven was quiet so hopefully she was watching.  Itzal needed to take down this monster quick so he'd use Soul Barrage, though only for an instant.  He didn't want Hestia or Raven to know exactly what he was doing, so if he could be fast enough they wouldn't be able to determine what happened.  He mainly wanted to show Raven that technique and strategy could be better than overall strength.  At least then he could be a teacher, maybe then he'd be useful to the front lines.  After the Phoenix struck Hestia, and received the thorns damage.  He shot forward, the phoenix noticing him.  It tried to avoid him when he swung his sword....  But he wasn't done.  He immediately switched hands after the strike, causing the phoenix' eyes to widen with shock.  He slashed at the monster a second time and landed the hit.  He switched to his main hand again and finished the sword art as such, only using the Soul Barrage technique to start the flow.  Once he landed the last hit he only dealt one hundred and one points of damage but he had dealt something.  That's what counted.

ID#  98117  BD:  5+3-2  MD:  7

222-152=70 dmg

[H:2]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  120/144
[H:3] @Hestia: 940/1065  <>  92/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1 (+15 HP 2/3)

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
375/740
Abilities:

I grin rather happily as you hit the fire bird as its health is almost at the halfway mark as i nod towards my familiars as he takes flight once more as i try to strike at the phoenix as it hits me aiming to try and take some kind of health to hit it, but instead gets my arm knocked backwards keeping me from hitting it just ever so slightly as i can see the slight smugness within the Phoenix's eyes for a brief moment before it rockets past me and takes flight once more. I sigh softly in some annoyance, and then glances around the area and see Raven watching the fight while dodging murderous fire dogs without even seemingly paying attention to them, and even killing some with just well timed strikes with what i can assume are sword arts since he legs glow every now and then when they hit one of the hell hound like dogs. Raven's familiar electrocuting them all the same all the meanwhile. I shake my head and focus upon the fight i am apart of as i look towards the phoenix hoping that Itzal can take a hit since he had hit it twice now. You got this Itzal! knock it out of the sky. I say confidently and optimistically having not noticed your maneuver since i had focused upon more so surviving, and Raven having taken notice of it but not reacting that much. More so thinking of how she can incorporate some ideas into her own way of fighting.

#98118  BD:6-1=5  CD:2  

[H:2]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  120/144
[H:3] Hestia:  955/1065  <>  91/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1 (+15 HP 2/3)

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
375/740
Abilities:

Itzal waited until she had him distracted.  He then nodded to Velnia and the two began to prepare.  Velnia would position herself so that she would force the Phoenix upward.  Where Itzal would be ready for it.  He ran over to the cliffside and ran up the stone wall, waiting until he couldn't go any higher before kicking off, rocketing into the air.  The Phoenix struck Hestia again, receiving more thorns damage, and was caught off guard when Velnia came at it from the side.  The Phoenix flew up to avoid this strike and realized what was happening only too late.  As it turned to face Itzal overhead, Yakimba erupted in it's own lightning as he struck the creature, applying tier two bleed and paralysis at the exact same time.  He soon landed on the ground and watched as the majestic creature fell down to the earth.  He then nodded to Hestia.  "Try and see if you can stun it, or restack paralysis.  We want to keep it pinned as long as possible."

ID#  98119  BD:  8  MD:  7

16x11-75=101 dmg

[H:2]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  109/144
[H:3] Hestia:  885/1065  <>  91/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1 (+15 HP 2/3)

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
220/740
Abilities:

I smile as i see the Phoenix come towards me, and also taking note of Velnia coming close to it also as i smack the phoenix to the side and kicks it over towards Velnia just enough for the small dragon to do the rest. I see the Phoenix fly upwards not noticing you as your blade crackles with electricity as it slices into the Phoenix as it stops moving and falls towards the ground unable to strike. With a nod of my head as i move forward and slices along its body unable to change my sword art since i had prepped Rising Sun. Having not expected your sword to have paralyzed the Phoenix when you had come down to strike. It leaving the stun to be wasted since it had been paralyzed as my health regenerates once more as i smile at that little fact staying true.

[H:3]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  109/144
[H:4] Hestia:  900/1065  <>  88/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1 (+15 HP 2/3)

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
211/740
Abilities: