[SP-F6] Only The Light of Justice is Allowed Here! <<Calming the Soul>>

Anidaxta chuckled softly, a cold expression on her face. "Why don't you step forward and prove to me that you have what it takes." Krysta was ready to try and finish the fight. She would need to, anyway. Krysta attacked with Rip Ravine, depleting Anidaxta's HP to zero, and shattering the ice axe. Anidaxta fell to the ground. Light began to return to the room. Through one of the windows, the light came from outside, reaching all the way to Anidaxta's face. She stared at the light that was upon her face. Her ice turned to sleet, her snow lessened to a minor flurry in density. "So...warm...I've...never felt the warmth of the light..." Krysta's expression changed. She put her weapon away, and came closer to her. The ice around was starting to melt, and the floor's material could now be recognized as marble. "You mean...you've only known the cold and dark?" Anidaxta's expression was the only thing that portrayed her admitting it. "I only wanted to show someone as unsure as I what life really was...or at least, how I saw it. Cold, unforgiving, cruel...I have never seen such a warm, gracious, kind light until now...it...it really suits you. A-although I'm leaving for eternity, never to be seen or known again, I...can't help but smile right now...what I mean to say is....thank....thank you...." Anidaxta began dissipating, then she shattered, leaving Krysta in a room in which light was returning.

ID# 99417 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

ID#

Rip Ravine: 9x2-2=16

Krysta: HP 296/300, EN 8/30, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Anidaxta(Inner Demon 2)[Insecurity, Anxiety]: HP 0/100, 2 MIT, 14 DMG

Edited by Krysta
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krysta couldn't help but feel sorry for Anidaxta now, especially since she had also heard her history. Krysta got back up, wiping a tear of sympathy from her eye. She never knew that such could happen. Was it merely a fate from her beginning? Nevertheless, it was too late to dwell on such sorrowful thoughts any further. It was time to move on. She looked around her, the ice had all fully melted, and she saw that there were statues and portraits depicting her family. One of them even depicted Krysta herself, looking kind, noble, even a bit regal. This began to confuse Krysta. Wherever she was, why were there statues of her family? Why was there a statue of Krysta here? The questions began to boggle her mind, and she couldn't understand it all. She then saw a portrait that was blank, but it looked like there was a place for it. She found a spot above the statue that depicted her, between and underneath two other portraits...depicting her own parents. Once the portrait was placed, color began to appear on the empty framed canvas, becoming a similar image like the statue, and depicting Krysta. The statue began to crack, and a layer of stone crumbled into dust, revealing a glittering assembly of diamonds that somehow split, and rearranged themselves into a door arch. Krysta walked around the arch until a door made from a crystalline material appeared in the arch. Krysta opened the door, returning to the fountain plaza within the settlement.

Edited by Krysta
  • 3 weeks later...

The unusual figure was lighter in color again. The figure used to appear dark, but now it seemed gray. "You're making great progress, the darkness is starting to recede, and the clouds have begun to dissipate. Two enemies remain, but I know you can vanquish them." The area was still shrouded in darkness, but surely that might change by winning the remaining two battles. She looked to where the previous doors stood. The one to the left had a crystal in it's place, like last time. The one to the middle left now had in it's place a painting containing...family. Yes, indeed, the painting portrayed Krysta's family. This...was unbelievably strange. The treasure room could be assumed as something, but the room with statues and portraits was confusing, and this...definitely brought questions. For now, she would walk to the third door. It depicted a crystal darkening, as it moved into the corner, because in the opposite corner, several red eyes opened... Krysta didn't like the looks of that. As a result, she hesitated before opening the door.

Krysta appeared in a darkened room, but whatever was around must have been a fairly dark-ish color, for she couldn't make out much of the colors within her vision. However, some bunches of white and light grey positioned in several spots of the room began to worry Krysta. She heard something that sounded like a claw scraping along the wall, and she turned her head towards that direction. Then she heard the same noise come from the opposite direction, and turned her head towards it. She heard footsteps that could come only from something she'd never hoped to see. "No...no, please no...." She turned towards the window, hoping that the scenery might get it off her mind, eliminate the thought of what was possibly around, that she thought was her mind playing tricks on her. She heard more of the footsteps, and they were coming behind her. "I-it's nothing, a self created illusion, there's nothing there, there's nothing there..."

Edited by Krysta

(OOC: I hope nobody minds if I use a D20 I have at home to determine whether or not Krysta does anything, for she has a 50% chance of doing anything while in a situation where she is facing a spider or spiderlike creature and cannot escape/escape without failing on important matter, otherwise she just runs.)

A voice came from behind. "Why, hello there, misssssss...." Krysta's eyes widened, she turned around to see an arachnid horror, and she let out a sudden shriek at the top of her lungs. The creature that was before her was primarily like that of a spider in appearance. But the monster also had a scorpion tail,  the bottom of it's lower half attached to the abdomen. It first looked like it had two sets of pedipalps, but the ones closer to the legs were raised, revealing them to actually be arms of sorts, and they even had bone-thin, sharp claws on what seemed to be hands. The horrible creature's eyes burned an unholy, violent blood-red shade as they practically pierced into Krysta's with a terrifying gaze. The eight eyes also seemed larger than the typical size for even one like this. The spider's height was 5'8", and it appeared similar to the Huahini Birdeater Tarantula. The mouth area appeared to be in a way that could actually allow human speech, and it even had a snake tongue. What a nightmarish creature... Krysta completely clung to the wall, heavily breathing from the frightening sight. "My sssssissssssstersssss....you have already ssssslain two of them, haven't you? Well, allow me to put a sssssstop to your asssssssault." The monster stung Krysta using a well aimed attack with it's scorpion stinger, and Krysta didn't even budge an inch! "Hehehehe...you haven't even drawn out your weapon...thissss will be all too eassssy..."

(OOC: House's D20: 9[Takes no action])

[Inner Demon 3 Spawned]

[Krysta is frozen with fear!]

ID# 100415 MD: 9(Critical, +1 DMG)

Krysta: HP 296/300, EN 30/30, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Arakkia(Inner Demon 3)[Fear, Terror]: HP 150/150, 21 DMG, 3 MIT

Edited by Krysta
  • 3 weeks later...

The spiderlike monster then began to use it's hind legs to start working with it's silk, clearly hoping to immobilize Krysta. "All you need do isss to sssssstay sssssstill.... It will all be over sssssoon...." Krysta yelped and bolted to her left, managing to avoid a sudden movement made towards her. "Now, child, did you really think I would do what most arachnids would do after capturing? I have other planssss for thisssss...." Krysta drew her weapon, and held it firmly, but it was still shaking in her hand. The monster moved over to try and grab Krysta, but instead of just evading and striking, she bolted the other way and clung to the wall. "J-j-just what do you want with me?? Who- W-what are you??" "Hehehe.... Oh, I'm sssssssso glad you assssssssked.... My friends call me Arakkia, that is, if I had any friends. Nihilita was jussssst sssssso enviousssss, Anidaxta was ssssssuffering from her own sssssself, but I am of neither."

(OOC: House's D20: 14[Takes Action])

ID# 101102 BD: 4(Miss), MD: 4(Miss)

Krysta: HP 296/300, EN 28/30, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta
  • 2 weeks later...

Krysta saw that, unlike most scorpion tails, Arakkia's was longer, allowing it to reach distances that it normally would, since the abdomen would hinder that if it was the typical size, due to said tail being attached to it. Krysta's eyes were wide open, and she didn't know what to do, or even what to say. "Then...w-what do you want with me??" "You only need to be shown your place, little girl... In time, you will sssssssee your situation: Hopelesssssss, a lossst cause..." Arakkia attempted to try and sting Krysta in hopes of keeping her where she wanted her, for whatever she had planned, but when Krysta swiftly dodged, Arakkia's stinger got stuck in the wall. "Nrgh! Eh?? Agh, cursessss!!" Krysta inhaled, and exhaled. She would have to fight sooner or later, or she wouldn't progress in the quest. She closed her eyes, and attempted to attack using Crucifixion. Hard to aim properly when your eyes are closed, though...

(OOC: House's D20: 19[Takes Action])

ID# 101431 BD: 4(Miss), MD: 1(Critical Fail)

Krysta: HP 296/300, EN 26/30, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta
  • 2 weeks later...

Krysta didn't know what she was going to do. She couldn't aim properly without having her eyes open, but whenever her eyes were open, she saw the horrifying beast. She couldn't just stand there with her knees knocking, she had to do something! She closed her eyes again, and attempted to attack using the Sword Art known as Crucifixion. It went just as well as last time, meaning, she missed again. Arakkia managed to get her stinger out of the wall, then she turned around and slashed her claw towards Krysta, dealing some minor damage. Krysta looked to her HP. The damage...actually wasn't that bad. From the looks of things, the worst thing about Arakkia was her appearance. Krysta just had to get over this little problem, even if it was only temporarily, and victory just might be assured. It's not like she would willingly fight such a horrible monster again, though.

(OOC: House's D20: 19[Takes Action])

ID# 101703 BD: 5(Miss), MD: 8(Hit)

Krysta: HP 293/300, EN 24/30, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta
  • 1 year later...

(House D20 method discarded, Krysta will now be frozen in fear on non-critical misses)

Krysta had to gain the courage to face this monstrosity, but how? She would close her eyes, hoping to find some courage within her... Arakkia would think that Krysta was giving up in a subtle manner at first, but she would learn that she was wrong the hard way. Krysta would drift into her memory, and would hear a voice in her head, despite that the voice would echo through the halls of the room the two combatants were in, for some reason... "If you let your emotions control you, you may never see the larger picture, Jewel. Instead, let them work with you, bringing joy to your life, and to others, that you may weep when others cry, and save your anguish for when a true threat steps forth to harm those you care for... If you strive toward your current path, you will need to overcome fear. There will be times when there is something not as harmful as it may seem, despite its appearance. When such times come, let joy grant you courage." Krysta took the words from her memory deep within her, that memory of her mother's teachings. "...Let joy grant you courage." Krysta repeated. Arakkia realized what was going on. "EEEAAAARRRRRGH!!!!! The accursssssed words of Eliora Adelaide! Kytrassssssss! Ssssilence that wretched voice!" Krysta would charge her Strongest Sword Art, Crucifixion, and strike the monstrosity, remembering that although this was a death game she was in, it still was only just that, a game. She managed to smile when she realized her attack cut down Arakkia's HP by almost a third. A few successful hits would surely vanquish Arakkia before long. Arakkia would manage to sting Krysta again, but the low damage dealt by the attack wouldn't hinder Krysta.

ID# 122029 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG), MD: 8(Hit)

Crucifixion: 8x6-3=45 DMG

Krysta: HP 290/300, EN 18/30, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Arakkia(Inner Demon 3)[Fear, Terror]: HP 105/150, 21 DMG, 3 MIT

Edited by Krysta

Now having a mild sense of courage in the situation, she would consider this to be a fight against a miniboss. It was her against the creature, and the creature didn't stand a chance. Krysta would remember what her mother had told her, and it seemed that Arakkia had heard these words as well, for some reason. "Kytrasssssssss!!! Heed me, Kytrasssssss! She gains courage from memory! Sssssilence that wretched voice, so that I may overpower her!" Arakkia would notice that instead of attacking, she had called out, and Krysta was headed in her direction. Krysta's attack was dodged, but Krysta managed to stand firm, for it was only by an inch that the sword art had missed by. Krysta still found herself shivering slightly at the sight of that horrifying creature, but she would gather enough courage to keep her in the fight, and heed the words of her mother...

ID# 122700 BD: 5(miss), MD: 3(Miss)

Krysta: HP 290/300, EN 16/30, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would take a deep breath, and attempt to attack again. Of course, Arakkia deflected Krysta's attacks with her stinger, and proceeded to sting her in the left shoulder, too. Krysta would ask about this Kytras that Arakkia had spoken of. "Who is this 'Kytras', foul creature of hell? How do you know that the memory of my mother is granting me inner strength?" Arakkia would let out a noise that was probably a chuckle. "You mean to sssssay you don't even know where you are? You should have noticed, unlessss our presssssencesss have tainted it all... If you can defeat me, you will surely meet Kytrassssss... If not, you will ssssee the truth, the painful, but oh ssssso undeniable truth..." Krysta heard every word. "And just what do you claim this truth is? Self-worthlessness? Uncertainty? Fear? I have faced those who have tried to hinder me, all to no avail! I doubt you are any different!"

ID# 122702 BD: 3(miss), MD: 6(hit)

Krysta: HP 287/300, EN 14/30, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

An angered Arakkia would attempt to sting Krysta again, and would follow the missed strike by attempting to swipe at Krysta with her claws, which also penetrated nothing. Krysta leaped onto the stinger, and jumped onto a safe spot above, it had a wooden surface, and it was slightly sticky, due to Arakkia's webs being on it. Nevertheless, she pulled out something that would assist her in this battle. A bowl of roasted chickpeas, capable of granting an accuracy buff, which Krysta kind of needed at this point. Arakkia felt taunted that Krysta dared to stop for a snack in the middle of battle. She let out a piercing screech, exposing her mouth's interior, there were apparently more than just the two large fangs often with spiders, there were other, although smaller fangs as well. Krysta tried to not pay attention to that monstrous sight. Of course, had she been a second later before consuming the item, she would have dropped some of it, potentially losing the buff. But that wasn't the case, and now Krysta had greater accuracy. That didn't stop Krysta from holding her ears closed when Arakkia let out the screech, of course.

-Roasted Chickpeas

[Krysta gains an increase of 2 ACC and 5 MIT for the remainder of thread]

ID# 122703 MD: 2(miss)

Krysta: HP 287/300, EN 15/30, | 7 DMG | 23 MIT | 2 ACC

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

Krysta got up, and held her weapon with a firm grip, ready to strike as Arakkia used her spider silk to ascend to where Krysta was. Krysta took the advantage of having the high ground fairly quickly, and used the Sword Art known as Crucifixion, from above, striking Arakkia in the abdomen. Arakkia let out a wailing screech as this happened, and Arakkia lost her grip on the silk, falling to the ground as a result. Krysta would fall as well, but neither would take any damage from the fall. Arakkia attempted to strike Krysta with her stinger another time, but Krysta moved off of Arakkia in time, causing the stinger to simply bounce off of the monster's exoskeleton. Krysta stood firm, well, other than the fact that she still shuddered at the sight of this living nightmare still being alive, that is. At least Arakkia's HP was in the yellow!

ID# 122704 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG), MD: 5(miss)

Crucifixion: 8x6-3=45 DMG

Krysta: HP 287/300, EN 9/30, | 7 DMG | 23 MIT | 2 ACC

Enemies:

Arakkia(Inner Demon 3)[Fear, Terror]: HP 60/150, 21 DMG, 3 MIT

Edited by Krysta

"Have I made my point now, or do you need more persuasion?" Krysta inquired. "You claim that my ssssssisssssstersssss and I are no different with our intentionssss... Asssss I have told you before, Nihilita wasss enviousssss, and Anidaxta wasss wallowing in ssssself-ssssssssuffering. I am of neither... You are sssso clever, yet sssso foolish. If it weren't for the accursssssed wordssss of your mother, I would have proven my own point! You are but a scared little girl, Jewel. My kind is your worssssst enemy! The arachnidsssss force you to flee, no matter their size, I took thisssss form to prove the point I intend to teach you! But if only you would- EEEEYYAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!" Krysta's attack interrupted Arakkia's exposition, and dropped the creature's HP to the red. "So our battle rings out similar to a debate, then? We stand for our points, regardless what the other one is, whether we accept it or not? I'll have you know, I shall not cave to your will!"

ID# 122705 BD: 5+2=7(Hit), MD: 3(Miss)

Crucifixion: 7x6-3=39 DMG

Krysta: HP 287/300, EN 3/30, | 7 DMG | 23 MIT | 2 ACC

Enemies:

Arakkia(Inner Demon 3)[Fear, Terror]: HP 21/150, 21 DMG, 3 MIT

Edited by Krysta

Arakkia was enraged by Krysta's course of action. "Then I am done fooling about with you! I will kill you insssstead! I should have known better than to ssssimply disssscourage the likes of you!" Arakkia would grow in size, and her voice would deepen. Venom would drip from Arakkia's fangs, a vicious fluid that was a sickly green color. "Behold, your nightmare shall be your end!" Krysta would wait for the right moment to strike. Her knees were knocking, her courage was fading, the monster was among the most terrifying sights Krysta had ever seen! Nevertheless, Krysta had gotten this far, so why be frozen in fear? She made a cereful approach, and struck the monster with Accel Stub. "Begone, Demon!" Arakkia shrieked upon this fatal attack, and would begin to shrink in her size. "You will never prevail! You may have bested me, but there are countless enemies for one as justified as you!!!" Arakkia shrunk down to the size of a common Tarantula, and Krysta would step on her, finishing her off, and the monster would shatter into pixels.

ID# 122706 BD: 9(critical, +1 Base DMG), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

Accel Stub: 8x3-3=21

Krysta: HP 287/300, EN 0/30, | 7 DMG | 23 MIT | 2 ACC

Enemies:

Arakkia(Inner Demon 3)[Fear, Terror]: HP 0/150, 21 DMG, 3 MIT

Edited by Krysta

Light began returning to the room, and Krysta would let out a sigh of relief unlike any other this week. She shuddered over the memory of the creature. She may have triumphed over this demon, but she still wasn't on good terms with spiders...or, rather, on courageous terms with spiders... The webs dissipated when the light shone into the room. The room was a miniature Library, and the bookcases that were missing rose up from the ground. She would head over to them, and within, find books containing memories and stories. Memories of...Krysta's life. Stories that...were told by her mother. Krysta's jaw dropped, and she almost dropped the book at the realization. "This...this isn't... I'm not in some faraway land! ...I'm in my own head." It would make sense, to an extent. She was still in the death game, so it must be an interpretation of her mind created by the cardinal system...but just how was it able to access her memory?

Whatever the case, she eventually found a book that appeared as if it was still being written. She would read it, and notice that the book was Krysta's experiences in the game. It would end at the Waterfall of the Sage, nothing but blank pages afterward. She closed the book, and found a place where it might fit. There was a book pedestal with a slot where it might fit. She placed the book onto it, and in front of her, another set of diamonds would form an arch, with a crystalline door appearing inside it. She would open the door, and return to the fountain plaza in the settlement. When she arrived, she looked to the spot where the third door once stood. In it's place, was the book being written from before. It's cover having a portrait of Krysta, appearing as a brave, noble heroine. Legacy. Treasure, Family, Legacy...what would the fourth door reveal?

The figure with the doors now seemed to be a bright silver in color. The clouds, however, had gone from even further dissipated to much thicker, much darker, and it they would brew into a storm. The figure would speak to Krysta. "Kytras has awakened. You need to stop her! Enter the final door, and take back the land!" Krysta nodded. "Now that I know what this place is, I know what I am protecting!" The figure now seemed intrigued. "So you have figured it out, then. Yes, this is all yours. Kytras dares to sit upon what is yours. Only you can defeat her." Krysta looked to the door, and this was by far the most mysterious of the doors. This door was once locked, but the three locks shattered, one by one. The door depicted two crystals, one a bright blue, and one a dark red. The door was black and white, the blue crystal in the white, the red crystal in the black.

Krysta opened the door, and she appeared in what first seemed like a dimly lit hallway. There was indeed enough light to see fairly well in a fight, but the place was still dimly lit. She took a look around as she proceeded towards the end of the hall, only to realize that it wasn't just some hall...It was a throne room.

Krysta looked ahead, and saw a dark figure sitting on a white throne with silver lining. She proceeded faster, and would stop when she could see the figure more clearly. The figure looked surprisingly a lot like Krysta. The differences were that the hair was black, raven black, to be precise, as well as the fact that her eyes were yellow, and her apparel also contrasted that of Krysta's. This figure wore a black battledress, with a dark red being the outfit's secondary color. She would look over to Krysta with an amused expression on her face. Krysta stood firm. "Kytras, I presume."

[Final Inner Demon Spawned: Kytras(inner Darkness)]

Krysta: HP 300/300, EN 30/30, | 7 DMG | 23 MIT | 2 ACC

Enemies:

Kytras: HP 225/225, 5 MIT, 31 DMG

Kytras snickered. "Right you are, Jewel. You've done well. Those three who guarded the towers thought they served me...but they were wrong. They were a hindrance. They sought to suppress you. I had other plans...You've become of worth to yourself, you've become confident, you've overcome fear...aside from spiders, of course, but not even I want to get into that topic... At last, you are here. You must reunite with the best of yourself, now. Let us rejoin one another, and we can do anything. Nothing shall stand in our way!" Kytras got up, and held a hand out to Krysta. Krysta had other thoughts on this matter, however. "You bring darkness, and yet you call yourself the best of myself? Who or what do you think you are, suggesting that the Darkness is the ideal path?" Kytras would chuckle in response, and with a sinister expression, she would explain. "Why, of course! I suggest that path, because it's what I am! I am Darkness. It's all I ever am, ever have been, and ever will be." Krysta didn't like the sound of that, not at all. "No, why would you say such things? I fight for the light!" Kytras's expression wouldn't falter, as if this response was expected. "Yes, but in the end, there is Darkness in every heart, no matter how pure. There will always be." 

Krysta drew her weapon. "Then I shall vanquish you!" Kytras drew her own blade, a dark metal rapier with a silver hilt with red accents, the blade itself radiating dark power. "So be it, then. Let our battle decide your fate!" The two would attempt to use their attacks, but dodge each others' strikes, and then lock blades with one another.

ID# 122781 BD: 2+2=4(Miss), MD: 3(Miss)

Krysta: HP 300/300, EN 28/30, | 7 DMG | 23 MIT | 2 ACC

Enemies:

Kytras: HP 225/225, 5 MIT, 31 DMG
Edited by Krysta