[ PP - F01 ] <<Secret Medicine of The Forest [ Arabella & Spangie ]

Secret Medicine of The Forest :

Spangie walked peacefully around the small village. It feels nice.. she told herself happily. Only a few minutes ago she had accepted a ques from an old NPC that requested her to get this sort of item that's supposed to be medicine, and the only way to get it was to kill a thing called a 'nepent'. Whatever that was.. she said to herself soon after she had gotten the quest. Her familiar was resting peacefully on top of her head, ruffling the blondes hair, but she didn't care. "Maybe I should get some help.. it is a quest to kill sometching after all.." she spoke to herself.

She peered around the village, it certainly wasn't much. Few players an NPCs were scattered across the area. She sighed and continued to skip around the settlement, not finding much luck. After a few minutes of looking, she stumbled upon a familiar violet haired girl.  "Is that really you?" she squealed excitedly, clapping her hands. Apricot gave a shake of her head and tilted her head at the unfamiliar player.

@Arabelle

Spoiler

Spangie's Stats :

LVL : 8 | HP : 160 | EN : 16 | MIT : 2 [ 18 ] | DMG : 5 

Equipped : 

Vermillion Feather [ +3 DMG ]

Leaves of Autumn Cloak [ +3 Loot Die ]

Phoenix Feather Armor [ +2 MIG ]

Battle Inventory :

Tigers Rage Potion [ +2 DMG ]

[ 5 ] Standard Healing Potion [ Heals 50 HP ]

Edited by Spangie

Having gotten a new weapon from her blacksmith friend, Arabelle had decided to test it out by taking one of the beginner quests in the first floor. The quest she had recently accepted was called <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>, a basic 'kill this mob until it drops this item' quest. She wasn't very confident about her luck though, maybe she'd end up having to kill it fifteen times before actually getting the item. "Scratch that. I don't want to jinx myself..." she mumbled to herself while resting on a wooden bench that looked so old it was practically falling apart. The walk here had surely taken some of her stamina. 

Arabelle heard a familiar, cheery voice that could only belong to one person in Aincrad. She looked up and blinked at the player standing before her. Blindingly bright blonde hair, blue eyes, and sitting on her shoulder...a small phoenix? It took a few moments to recognize the person and when she did, she jumped up and had to stop herself from hugging the other girl. "Angie!" she exclaimed with a grin. It was a nickname she'd only used once, but it sure as heck stuck. It suited the blonde's bright and happy personality, somehow. "Hey, how's it been? And I see that you've made a new friend..." Arabelle stepped closer to get a better look at @Spangie's new familiar. It was a very small bird, its orange feathers were tipped with tiny flames, and it was totally cute! If this were an anime, she would be drawn with a starry-eyed expression on her face. "She's so cute. What's her name? Or his name?"

Spoiler

BATTLE STATS

~STATS 
Level: 2 - 6 SP
40  HP
4 Energy
4 Damage
1 Accuracy
2 Paralyze

~EQUIPPED
» [T1 - Perfect] Shikama Dōji -- Enhancements: Paralyze, Paralyze, Accuracy 
» [T1 - Vanity] Starter Light Armor

~BATTLE-READY INVENTORY
» 3 Starter Healing Potions (heals 50 HP)

~SKILLS
Rank 1 - Two-Handed Battle Axe (+3 DMG, access to rank 1 sword arts)

~SWORD ARTS
Two-Handed Battle Axe

Rank 1
» [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
» [x2 AoE] Smash (4 Energy) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.

[WC: 274]

Edited by Arabelle

Spangie raised an eyebrow at the nickname but shrugged it off, and gave a similar grin to the violets haired player. "Ara! It's so good to see you!" she exclaimed, giving a small bow of hello. How long ago was it that I met her? It wasn't long.. she thought to herself and gave a warm smile. "Ah, yes! I got this familiar not too long ago, her name is Apricot," she held her hand out to the bird, who only hopped onto it with curious eyes. "Say hi to Ara, Apricot," she puffed, poking the bird on the side. The small chick gave a tweet to the new player and went back to doing whatever she does. 

Spangie gave a 'hm' of unstaisfication but reverted her gaze back to her 'old' friend. "Anywho! How have you been? I've missed you!" she asked with a grin, "What brings you to this village anyways?" she questioned, tilting her head. Maybe she got the same quest she I have?

@Arabelle

The little phoenix hopped onto @Spangie's open hand and looked at her curiously. Then, upon being prompted by its owner, the little bird chirped at her as a form of greeting. Arabelle almost squealed. It was sooooo cute! "Hi Apricot!" Arabelle cooed. She reached out with a gloved hand and stopped just a few inches short of the familiar. "Um, does she like being petted?" she inquired timidly, drawing her hand back. Arabelle knew that it wasn't a real bird, but she still wouldn't like it if the familiar ended up disliking her. At this point, the familiar was getting more attention than Angie was. (Hah).

Arabelle turned the focus of the conversation back to Angie. "I've been good~. Just a few days earlier, I went out on a quest with two guys who didn't seem to like each other, and it was basically the most awkward thing ever. Couldn't exactly run away from it either, cause I was the one who requested for their help. Well, I'll tell you more about it later," she smirked, recalling the two players and how they always seemed to bicker about everything. Not exactly everything, but...you get the point. "I'm here cause I took one of the quests. You know, the beginner quest called <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>? It's probably gonna be a huge grind, but," Arabelle swiped open her inventory and brought out her new weapon. A black scythe that was almost as big as her. She smiled playfully as she gave it a few experimental swings. It was a bit showy, but Arabelle couldn't help it. Her new weapon just looked so cool! "I bought a new weapon, so I suppose it'll be fun."

[WC: 284]

Edited by Arabelle

Spangie giggled and nodded her head, "Yeah don't worry, she as friendly as you can get," she chuckled, petting Apricot with her free hand. The sunset colored bird cooed and chirped happily at the peaceful contact. It would be cool if there were birds like this in real life.. there's would be so much more inspiration for things.. she thought happily and guided her hand to her shoulders, where Apricot joyfully hopped into. "She doesn't have any special perk but she helps when you're bored," she bit back a laugh.

Spangie clapped her hands together. "Oh that's good! I've been taking quests with some guys too!" she giggled, remembering a few times she had with a certain sweet loving player and monotone bluenette. "Yeah, I'll tell you my story later too," she stifled a chuckle but smiled brightly. Spangie's eyes widened but her smile got even wider. "Oh wow, I'm taking the same quest! I should've taken the quest a bit earlier  but I've been a bit busy," she laughed nervously and scratched the back of her head.

Spanhie gazed in awe as Ara brung out her black scythe thingy. "That looks so cooooool~" she cooed, examining the weapon. She chuckled embarrassingly and unsheathed her dagger, "All I have is this, it's not much but it does its job.. it looks kinda cool too," her dagger, was Feather shaped, its ridges sharp and the handle was red and orange. A couple small feathers hung from the grip of the dagger. "Got me through the game so far, I haven't checked out any blacksmith shops yet.." she puffed sadly, putting the dagger back in its sheathe.

@Arabelle

Once @Spangie gave her the 'go ahead,' Arabelle stepped closer to the blonde and gently patted the little phoenix on the head. The purple-haired girl giggled as the small bird leaned into her touch and chirped when she drew back her hand as if asking for more. Apricot was...warm, as to be expected. And her bright feathers were so smooth. "Whaaa, she's cuddlier than my familiar," Arabelle commented, petting the bird's head once again. Her only advantage was that her familiar provided a damage boost if she took it with her, but she hadn't leveled up the skill yet and wasn't very confident that it would obediently stay on her shoulder the whole time, so she left him in her inn room. "He's a bird too, you know. I'll take him with me next time, so they can meet and be friends~."

Arabelle's eyes also widened when Angie mentioned that she was taking the same quest. "That's--that's so cool, Angie!" the purple-haired girl gushed. "We're, like, destiny! Best friend destiny!" Arabelle giggled. "Hey, since we're both doing it, how about we take the quest together? Strength in numbers, I should say?" Then her friend took out her dagger, claiming that it wasn't as nice as her scythe. "No, it looks nice. I'm liking the whole feather theme. You know, like you have a bird familiar, and you have a feather-shaped weapon?"

[WC: 231]

"Oh you have a familiar too? That's neat," the blonde chuckled and scratched the back of her neck. Her familiar was enjoying the attention and it was giving high chirps and tweets. "Yeah, she hides during the battles. I don't want her dying on me.." she whispered, her fingers intertwining with each other. The thought of Apricot dying frightened her. She doesn't have any battle perks, let alone defensive ones.. she won't know what to do if she got caught in a fight.. she gave a small sad smile and rubbed her fingers against the birds wings. "I won't know how long this one will last so I gotta keep her safe," she said playfully, sticking out her tongue in a fun way.

"Bets friends destiny?" she chuckled, "I guess we are," she smiled at the thought. It would be nice to have someone fight along side me. "Sure, why not? You'll need help anyways," she gave a devilish smirk and clapped her hands together. She shrugged. "I guess it is?" she scratched her chin. "Not to mention this armor.. it's called Phoenix feather armor, funny cause I got it long before I had Apricot. Guess fate wanted me to get her," she giggled and pointed to the vast sky. "Enough chatter! Let's goooo~"

@Arabelle

Edited by Spangie

Arabelle clapped her hands together and smiled. "Let's go, then~." She turned around and together, the two players began walking towards their destination.

Today, they were headed for the woods. The trees were thick and the leaves obstructed the sun's light, and every rustle Arabelle heard seemed to be a mob--or a player--hiding in the bushes, waiting for the right moment to jump them. It was dark, and scary, and the purple-haired girl found herself inching closer to her quest partner. Angie's bright clothes and presence were comforting...somewhat. "Hey, Angie, have you been here before?" Arabelle asked hesitantly. They had a map, but with her below average directional skills, they wouldn't be getting out of here quickly if something scary jumped out at them. She looked around anxiously--she'd never been good with scary things--and attempted to alleviate her fear by starting a conversation. "Since we're just walking, I think I could tell you more about the quest I took earlier. I couldn't find any players back then, so I put up a--wait."

Her attempt at conversation was cut short when she spotted something moving. The scythe-wielder ran past her friend and pushed back a few branches. She found herself staring at a clearing, full of Nepents. Arabelle reached behind her and grabbed her scythe. "Ooooh, they seem pretty weak," she said, examining their HP bars. A playful smirk appeared on her face. "Dish out your best AoE skills, then withdraw from combat once the boss spawns to recover energy." Arabelle recited to Angie, readying her scythe for combat. "That's the general strategy, at least. You ready?"

She didn't have to wait long. Once Angie was ready, Arabelle burst from the bushes they'd been hiding in, gripping her scythe with both hands. She stopped few inches short of the mobs--lucky they were all clumped together--and swung her weapon upwards, blade facing up. Two Nepents exploded into pixels just as soon as her blade came into contact, but one of the two was close enough to land a hit. Arabelle stumbled backward as the remaining two charged forward, bringing down their vine-like arms on her like whips. She then dove to the side, avoiding the mobs' flailing arms, and looked at Angie with a smirk. "This is fun~!"

Spoiler

Dice Rolls
[1] ID: 98592 | BD: 10            | MD: 
[2] ID: 98593 | BD: 3 + 1 = 4 | MD: 
[3] ID: 98594 | BD: 5 + 1 = 6 | MD: 
[4] ID: 98595 | BD: 2 + 1 = 3 | MD: 

Sword Art Used: Smash [4 x 2 = 8 DMG / (4 + 2) x 2 = 12 DMG]

[H: 0/0] Arabelle:       29/40 HP | 0/4 EN | 4 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 Para. | [-11 HP] [-4 EN]
[H: 0/0] @Spangie : 160/160 HP | 16/16 EN | 5 DMG | 18 MIT

Nepent 1: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG | [-12 HP] [PARALYZED]
Nepent 2: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG 
Nepent 3: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG | [-8 HP]
Nepent 4: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG 

[WC: 376] 

[ooc: i hate writing combat scenes ;-; ]

Edited by Arabelle
  • 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Combat :

ID : 99118 | BD : 8 | MD : 1

Spangie uses Round Accel, Success! 5 x 2 = 19 DMG | Nepent Attacks, Misses!

ID : 99119 | BD : 4 | MD : 6

Spangie Attacks, Misses! | Nepent Attacks, Success! 3 - 18 = 1 DMG

[ H : 0 ] Spangie | HP : 159/160 | EN :  14/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG

[ H : 0 ] Arabelle | HP 29/49 | EN : 0/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG

Nepent 1: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG 
Nepent 2: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG 
Nepent 3: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG 
Nepent 4: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG

"Onward to victory!" she pointed a finger forward and giggled, skipping closer alongside her.

Spangie smiled brightly as they walked, a hand scratching under her familiar's chin and the other rested along her side. She was taking in every inch of scenery she can, although a rustling of a nearby bush seemed to make her flinch. "Eh? no I haven't, I don't usually go this far into Floor One," she looked to her partner beside her and gave a reassuring smile, "Hey, its okay. The monsters here are pretty weak so you have nothing to worry about," she chuckled and scratched the back of her neck. She listened intently as Arabelle began to tell her of how she took a quest. When they came to a sudden halt, she tilted her head. "What? Whats wrong?"

When a blur of purple and black sped past her, she poked her familiar on the side. "Hey, it's time for you to hide now," she whispered and unsheathed her dagger. Apricot 'nodded' her head and hopped off to wherever she goes when Spangie battles, leaving the player dashing to the side of the purple haired player. "Told you," she giggled and crossed her arms. "But I have a dagger I don't have any AOE skills.." she sighed and shrugged "Whatever, who needs AOE?" she chuckled. "You can go back, my energy is higher than yours. But if that's the plan, sure," she averted her eyes to the nepents, each seemed to be a mutation of aa freaky plant. 

Spangie dashed around the same time Arabelle sped out, her dagger ready. She spotted the nepent closest to her and pulled her dagger back. "Get ready!" she snickered, bringing her dagger forward, releasing a series of strikes on the plant. After she was satisfied, the plant burst into a cloud of blue shards and disappeared. "You doing good over there?" she called, her head turning to look back, only to be faced with a tentacle of vines. She narrowly blocked it, her HP bar barely going down as she did so. "Seriously? Its not fun when you don't do any damage," she pouted and shook her head.

@Arabelle

Edited by Spangie

"I'm fine," Arabelle said in reply to her friend's question. Her gaze shifted over to her own HP bar, and also @Spangie's positioned underneath hers. 29 HP. 160 HP. And the mobs were almost dead--just one remaining. Yep. The short scythe-wielder briefly recomposed herself. We're definitely fine. She jumped in as her friend blocked an attack, and swung her scythe somewhat clumsily. The weapon's massive green blade left a long gash across the Nepent's lower body, and the mob's HP went down below the halfway point. Arabelle smirked. "You're right. This is no fun as well."

But. That meant the mob's attention was now on her. The Nepent turned to her threateningly, its vines whipping about it. The purple-haired girl found her balance and moved backward, holding out her scythe before her, its massive blade serving as a minimal form of protection. She swung her blade, batting most of the vines away, but a few got past and landed hits on her undefended right side. 

Spoiler

ID: 99302 | BD: 6 + 1 = 7 | MD: 

[H: 0] Spangie | HP: 159/160 | EN:  14/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG
[H: 1] Arabelle | HP: 26/40 | EN: 0/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG  [-3 HP]

Nepent 1: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG 
Nepent 2: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG 
Nepent 3: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG 
Nepent 4: 3/7 HP | 3 DMG | [-4 HP]

[WC: 165]

Edited by Arabelle

Spangie whipped her dagger at the multiple tendrils of the bizarre creature, her steps confusing and wild. "Ugh! I can land a single hit!" she puffed her her cheeks flaring, "Stand still you stupid flytrap!" she gritted her teeth in frustration and bounded away, the Nepents vines narrowly missing her. She gave a huff of irritation and backed away, leaving her a few meters away from the carnivorous plant. Why can't it stay still? I hit it once before! She bit her lip, feeling nothing. Ah, screw it.. she drew back her dagger and dashed forward, her eyes blazing with fury. "Stand. Still!" she hissed through clenched teeth. Her dagger narrowly missing, the Repent strikes form behind making her land on the ground with an 'oof'. "Stupid shrub.." she muttered, her eyes flickering to the violet haired girl.. "I can't hit it.." she puffed. 

She slowly got up and brushed her armor off, "I think a basic attack from you can finish it off," she coughed and crossed her arms. "Darn, I barely did anything this fight. Oh, well," she shrugged and gave a heavy sigh.

@Arabelle

Combat:

Spangie Attacks, Le Sad Miss. | ID : 99199 | BD : 4 |

[H: 0] Spangie | HP: 159/160 | EN:  13/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG
[H: 1] Arabelle | HP: 26/40 | EN: 0/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG |  

Nepent 4: 3/7 HP | 3 DMG | 

[ OOC : Sorry for taking so long to reply! >.< ]

Edited by Spangie
  • 3 weeks later...

Arabelle had to suppress a laugh at her friend's frustration. She stood still in a defensive stance and bit the inside of her cheek as she watched the last remaining Nepent bat away Angie's attacks with its vines. A few more failed attempts at attacking later, the blonde fell back to stand beside Arabelle, who was trying her hardest not to laugh. "Tsk, tsk. And to think you're the higher-leveled player in this party," she teased lightly. Then she turned her attention back to the Nepent who was preparing to charge at her. "You'd need to kill it, otherwise you won't complete the quest. I can take a few more hits. This thing's weak anyway."

Then, the Nepent scuttled towards her, its vines flailing angrily about it. The purple-haired player moved away from Angie to ensure that her friend wouldn't be hit by any stray vines and ducked underneath the mob's vines. She was close enough to land a hit now, but instead she rolled to the side and the Nepent's arms struck the ground she'd been standing on. She retreated to a safe distance as the mob recovered from its failed attack and checked her HP bar. Still the same value as before. Fighting low-leveled monsters made her feel like such a pro.

Spoiler

ID: 99994 | MD: 4 [miss]

[H: 0] SpangieHP: 160/160 | EN:  13/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG
[H: 1] ArabelleHP: 26/40 | EN: 1/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG | 2 Para.

Nepent 4: 3/7 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Arabelle

“But its not fair!” She threw her hands up in the air and groaned. “The stupid battling system is broken! I swear!” She grumbled, her shoulders sagging. “Fine, fine..” she muttered. This stupid game is so rigged. She thought harshly, readying herself.

After Arabelle took a few hits, it was Spangie’s turn to strike. She took the Nepent in surprise by dashing towards it, dagger pulled back, ready to plummet whoever it comes across with. A few heartbeats later, she could feel the plants surface getting ripped open by her dagger and slowly dispersing. “Eugh, I’m glad there’s no blood in this game,” she turned back to @Arabelle. “Or that would’ve been disgusting.”

“Well. The variant should be coming around soon,” she turned to Arabelle, eyeing her health bar. “Let me get first hit, I don’t want you to die here. You’re health is pretty low right now,” she warned, her face full of seriousness.

ID : 100026

Spangie Attacks, Success! | BD : 10 |

[H: 0] Spangie | HP: 160/160 | EN:  12/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG
[H: 0] Arabelle | HP: 26/40 | EN: 1/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG | 2 Para.

Nepent 4: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG  - 3 DMG

Edited by Spangie

Arabelle let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as @Spangie landed the killing blow on the last Nepent. She sheathed her scythe across her back and jogged over to her friend, checking her HP bar. "You didn't even lose a point," Arabelle said. "I'm glad it doesn't either. I'd hate having to wash blood off my clothes every day."

Angie then suggested that she take the first hit and Arabelle nodded in agreement. This should have been their plan before, since her friend had the higher HP stat, but they forgot to form one. "Yeah. I'll wait for you to attack the Variant, then," she said. "I still have no idea why I charged in like that. Adrenaline from having a new weapon, I guess." She stretched and briefly looked around the area they were in, maybe for some materials she could use in her shop. Finding nothing, she walked forward and tugged at Angie's sleeve. "Maybe we should hide somewhere and wait for our energy to regenerate. You know, so the Variant won't end up getting the jump on us?"

Spoiler

ID: 100027 | LD: 10

Out of Combat Regeneration

HP: 36/40 | EN: 2/4 

Edited by Arabelle

She shrugged. “Yeah I guess a lot of people are like,” she giggled, “My energy is fine but I think that the Variant is gonna pop out any moment,” she sighed, rubbing her head. “We might as well just get it over with, my sword skills do a decent amount of damage so I think we’ll manage.” She  glanced at her HP bar. “It only does 10 damage and the mitigation isn’t that high either,” she waved it off. “We’ll be fine,” she sighed. “Now.. we wait.”

Only a few minutes later did the Variant finally appeared , on its head was just the thing they needed. She glanced back at @Arabelle, “You ready?” 

Spangie exhaled as she dashed towards the target, her dagger out. Her glare sent daggers as the Nepent charged at her, vines tangled in a mess and a mouth as large as her head. As the sound of metal against plant ripped through the air, she bounded back. The creature had barely grazed her as she could see a small bar of health decrease. Weak. "You're up!"

Combat :

Spangie Uses Round Accel, Success! | BD : 7 |

5 x 2 = 10 - 5 = 5 DMG

Nepent Variant Attacks, Success! | MB : 8 |

18 - 10 = 1 DMG

[H: 1] Spangie | HP: 159/160 | EN:  12/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG | - 1 DMG 
[H: 0] Arabelle | HP: 36/40 | EN: 2/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG | 2 Para. | 

Nepent Variant | HP : 10/15 | 5 MIT | - 5 DMG 

Edited by Spangie

"Well...alright," Arabelle said, albeit a bit reluctantly. She wasn't very confident about starting a fight without being at full HP, even though she was just missing four points. But, @Spangie was the more experienced player here (in terms of level), and she was going to be taking all the hits, anyway. She reached behind her and gripped the handle of her scythe once again, and glanced around her, watching for any indication of the Nepent Variant. 

And it did seemingly pop out of nowhere. In front of the two girls, small red pixels swirled and clustered together in the form of a Nepent that was larger than the others. The Variant fully materialized, and it turned to them, liquids drooling out of its wide red mouth. "Looks like it's hungry," Arabelle commented, taking a few steps backward. Angie had center stage now. The quest mob moved, and the blonde dashed forward, landing a barrage of strikes on the Variant's upper body. The mob's HP went down by a third and it turned to Angie, its vines angrily whipping at the girl.

And that was where Arabelle served as backup. The scythe-user appeared at the mob's side, weapon raised over her head. She smirked and swung her weapon downwards with all of the strength she could muster. A long cut appeared at the Variant's side and a shockwave (an effect of her Sword Art) blew it back against a tree, temporarily stunning it. 

Spoiler

ID: 100090 | BD: 9 [crit +1, paralyzed]

[x2] Whirlwind = (4 + 1) * 2 = 10 - 5 = 5 DMG

[H: 1] Spangie | HP: 159/160 | EN:  12/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG |  
[H: 2] Arabelle | HP: 36/40 | EN: 1/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG | 2 Para. | [-2 EN]

Nepent Variant | HP : 5/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | [-5 HP] [PARALYZED]

Edited by Arabelle

Spangie backed away from the dangerous Nepent, “Oof, nice job!” She grinned, giving a thumbs up. She drew back her dagger, readying it for the future. Phew, don’t mess up now.. she blinked, dashing forward. Only a few steps forward, her foot slipped on the rough dirt clearing. “Wahhh!” Her eyes widened as the ground fell before her, “Ow!” She yelled as she felt her body press roughly against the ground, “Ah, stupid,” she muttered as she slowly rose up.

She looked back at @Arabelle, “Ah, sorry!” She let out a small nervous grin and backed away slowly from the stunned Nepent. I just had to make a fool of myself today huh..? She bounded to her friends side, “Ah, I’m such a clutz, I guess you don’t have anymore energy to kill it huh?” She groaned, rubbing her head.

Spoiler

Combat :

ID : 100092

Spangie Attacks, Miss! | BD : 1 |

Nepent Variant Attacks is Paralyzed!

[H: 1] Spangie | HP: 159/160 | EN:  11/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG |  
[H: 2] Arabelle | HP: 36/40 | EN: 1/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG | 2 Para. | 

Nepent Variant | HP : 5/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | PARALYZED

Edited by Spangie

Arabelle let out her breath in a puff. It just has 5 HP! One critical hit from me should be enough to bring it down. She observed silently as her blonde friend tripped and missed her attack. Meanwhile, the Nepent Variant was still stunned and was unable to make an attack while @Spangie was vulnerable. Thank god for my Paralyze enhancements...even though one attack from the Variant wouldn't have done much to her health, anyway. "I'll have enough energy for a Sword Art," the scythe-user corrected. Exactly on cue, her energy regenerated back to 2. "Welp. There it is. My turn!" 

The girl's scythe glowed a bright green as she skipped into the Nepent's range and swung the weapon with all her might, visibly generating another shockwave. The shockwave came closer to the mob and before it could hit, the wave promptly...died. "What?" Her energy all used up, Arabelle fell back and checked the mob's HP. It's totally unaffected! "Guess you'll have to finish it off, then. Don't miss!"

Spoiler

ID: 100472 | BD: 2 + 1= 3 [miss]

[H: 1] Spangie | HP: 159/160 | EN:  11/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG |  
[H: 2] Arabelle | HP: 36/40 | EN: 0/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG | 2 Para. | [-2 EN]

Nepent Variant | HP : 5/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG

Edited by Arabelle

Spangie sighed in defeat as she readied her dagger again, "I'm gonna miss," she muttered only a few seconds after she dashed off. The Nepent, seemingly paralyzed, stood there as if waiting for her. Ugh, this is unbelievable, I've missed so many times. she quickly shook away her train of thought and pushed forward. Only a few split seconds later, the Repent burst into life, dodging her attack by a hair. I knew it.. she sighed as she felt the Nepents tendrils hit her from behind. Face planting into the grass, she growled "Oh, come on," she hissed, quickly retreating back to @Arabelle. "Stupid thing isn't paralyzed anymore," she sighed, rubbing her head. "Guess you'll have to do a bit of damage before I can." the player yawned and stretched her arms, "I just want to get this over with," she hissed through clenched teeth and face palmed herself. Why can't I hit anything..?

Spoiler

Combat :

ID : 100473

Spangie Attacks, Miss! | BD : 3 |

Nepent Variant Attacks, Success! | MD : 6 |

[H: 1] Spangie | HP: 158/160 | EN:  10/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG |
[H: 2] Arabelle | HP: 31/40 | EN: 0/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG | 2 Para. | - 5 HO

Nepent Variant | HP : 5/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG |

Edited by Spangie

She let out a hiss as one of the Nepent's vinelike arms curled around her leg and slammed her against a tree. Black spots overtook her vision and a tingling sensation spread throughout her body. Revenge for her hit from a while ago, maybe. Arabelle peeled herself from the trunk and groggily shook her head. Her gaze focused on the upper left of her vision. 10 HP! The mob had dealt ten freaking damage on her. Three more hits and she was toast. (At least she wasn't below half-health yet). Arabelle turned her head in the direction of the Nepent Variant as her blonde friend took off, mumbling that she wouldn't hit. "Don't jinx it--" Spangie missed her attack, and Arabelle could pretty much hear the girl's internal screams of frustration. "Told you." Shaking her head to free herself from her dizziness, the scythe-wielder jumped in to assist her friend. The blade of her weapon sliced through the roots of the Variant's lower body...and didn't leave much of a cut. "Awww. Armor's too tough for my basic attacks."

Spoiler

ID: 100639 | BD: 6 + 1 = 7 

[H: 1] Spangie | HP: 159/160 | EN:  10/16 | 18 MIT | 5 DMG | 
[H: 3] Arabelle | HP: 26/40 | EN: 0/4 | 1 ACC | 4 DMG | 2 Para. | 

Nepent Variant | HP : 4/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | [-1 HP]

Edited by Arabelle