[F1-PP] Out of the Frying Pan, into the Inferno <Domarus and Hestia>

Domarus was in his shop where Raven was staying.  He wasn't crafting anything today.  In fact he wasn't doing anything most people would call normal.  He was looking at a few reports given to him from a few, scouts.  Information regarding other guilds.  From what he could see, other guilds were getting stronger but were also rather laid back in personality.  It was a strength and disadvantage that he would prefer to exploit.  Before he could however he needed strong players of his own.  A powerful and loyal army at his side.  To do that he needed to convince players to actually join his guild.  Once that happened then he could build his army one player at a time.  And now that Embers was on his side.....  He legitimately sighed as he thought of that woman.  Ever since she had kissed him he didn't know what to believe.  It wasn't like he'd never kissed someone before, but it was in fact the first time he was kissed when the other individual knew very well how cruel, violent, and as some may say evil he could be.  It threw him off guard and he was wary of her now.  At any rate he sat in his study staring at his notes.  It was early in the morning, too early for Raven to be up yet.  She was sleeping in the bed while he had slept in the chair.  It sort of reminded him of what happened with Esther.  Today however, he wasn't thinking of comforting thoughts.  He was plotting.

@Hestia

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sigh softly as i lay the journal onto the desk with a frustrated look as i read through its contents having only found positive things about the man so far, but i will not allow that to stop me in my task. I begin translating the next page expecting all the same to be found. However, within moments my eyes widen at seeing that this page is more sinister in nature of what it tells players. I grins at seeing this and begins translating with excitement and with a grin feeling justified for everything i have ever done. Ignoring the immense feeling of guilt and torment i feel within myself at having become the equivalent of a rogue detective in this right. Making assumptions and then stealing things that are obviously very key components in what this man wants. Once i have translated the pages contents of everything that had sinister intent behind them. I begin rewriting them five more times to make sure i have copies encase Domarus decides to shred the singular page that i have found that will discredit him. I then get up and takes one out of the six copies i have towards Domarus' shop with a smile on my face. Traversing the snowy tundras of the fourth floor with just casual clothes. No acting now Domarus. I got you cornered. I say with a smile on my face.

Domarus continued to look through his notes as he sat there silently.  As he did so he thought about not just Hestia, but also Sakoda and Raven.  Both proved to have the potential to be either his apprentice or a general...  However he had already told Sakoda she would inherit his kingdom.  He was unsure of how well it would go but it seemed that she was in fact going along with him for the time being.  He wondered just how long she would remain by his side though.  In fact, he wondered if he should have Raven and Sakoda face off at some point.  Or train together.  Friendly competition would be excellent for the two.  Course he'd have to fix Raven a little to the point where she understood who he was and what his goals were, but until then he could always continue to plan ahead.  That's when he had received a message.  From one of his scouts.  He pulled up the message and looked at it.  

To Domarus

Been following Hestia undetected as you've asked.  Sir she's different all of a sudden.  And heading straight for you.

Domarus narrowed his eyes in annoyance and confusion.  He was in the middle of writing out the question "different how" when he heard a knock on the door.  His eyes narrowed further before checking to make sure Raven was still asleep.  When he was certain she was, he stood up and walked over to the door, knowing that Hestia was there.  He opened the door softly and held a finger to his mouth for a moment.

"Try to keep quiet, Raven is sleeping soundly in the other room.  Is there anything I can help you with?"  He asked her while gesturing for her to join him inside.

I make my way through the snowey tundra into the town of snowfrost not letting any thing stop me as i then make my way towards where i know Domarus' shop is upon this floor. Not letting anything stop me be it a wall of new players, or anything else as i eventually make it to the shop and knocks on the door. Eventually the door opens as i grin rather happily at seeing it do so as i look towards the red-headed man with a smile on my face. As i take up the offer to join him inside the building as i look towards him. Don't worry i'm not here to interrupt your training with Raven today, but lets talk somewhere a bit more private in terms of no outsiders listening in since i'm sure you wouldn't want to let others know. I say with a grin on my face as i look towards the man. Seeming more then just cocky or such. Looking as if i just got the first checkmate in a game of chess as i turn to you.

The messenger, or rather his spy wasn't lying at all when he mentioned she was acting differently.  It was like she was a totally different person.  Normally she was grinding to ensure she wouldn't get killed because she understood the dangers.  Now however she stood before him oozing with confidence.  Where was this confidence coming from?  Was she feeling this way because she believed she was strong enough now that she was tier three?  Was it because of her sister?  At any rate she seemed to be very happy indeed.  Happy, confident..  No not confident, cocky was more like it.  It annoyed him that she believed she had that kind of power when it was actually him.  She mentioned how she wasn't going to interrupt his training session with Raven, but wanted to talk to him....  Privately.  He almost narrowed his eyes it was that suspicious.  He managed to keep his smile steady however.  He turned to her with a rather curious expression.

"What would we need to discuss that we'd have to keep Raven from overhearing?"  Domarus wanted to see if he could use her cockiness to his advantage and get her to tell him the truth, and the cause of why she was like this.

@Hestia

I hear your words and just smiles, and doesn't fall for the rather obvious pitfall that is the trap of words. Nothing serious Domarus, but it is nothing Raven should have to worry about when she is focusing on getting stronger. Any news that i could bring that could put more pressure on her i would like to avoid if possible. I say in a kind tone of voice while i look at the man not willing to fall for such obvious traps, and not when Raven is around since while this man is obviously been proven right by physical evidence. I can't risk to much in allowing anything to get past myself from this perfect chance to topple what is from my eyes the tower of strength and cunning that is Domarus. having learned enough that i need to be careful in my approaches when dealing with this man. Wanting for my actions to be controlled by myself, and not carefully disguised manipulations.

She was avoiding the confrontation.  There was something going on she didn't want Raven to hear.  And her excuse was a weak one he could easily counter.  Nothing Raven need worry herself about while she had training?  Not only was she sleeping right now, but if she really did believe this it would mean she had no faith in Raven's ability to focus and concentrate.  Of course the interesting point here was, she was lying.  She was simply trying to avoid confronting him here for some reason.  He knew a liar when he saw one.  It takes one to know one as they say.  And he was the best there was.

"Does that mean you don't have faith in your sister's ability to concentrate?  She has progressed very quickly in her training, you'd be surprised.  And we won't need to worry anyway so long as we keep our voices down.  She has a habit of sleeping well into the morning.  And it isn't even dawn just yet."  If she continued to beat around the bush he would just outright tell her to spill the information and inform him on what was going on.  He was good at manipulating the situation but she had him on edge, and wary of what it was she was about to say.  Keres walked into the room and saw the two.  She didn't wave or smile or anything, she just watched, making it seem as if she was just tired when really she actually felt the tensity in the air.

@Hestia

I frown slightly at the words being spun back upon me as i shake my head. I have complete faith upon my sister in her ability to concentrate, but stress and other factors can accumulate in a rather unhealthy manner that could lead to be more self destructive then a driving force as stress most commonly is. I prefer my sister to be as relaxed as she can be while being able to train however she would wish to do so. Furthermore, while i know she is asleep it is also a fickle thing and one could wake up from said sleep at any moment. Also, i know how much she can sleep i am her older sister after all. I say with a grin on my face as i cross my arms at my chest as i look at the man as i shift my weight onto the right foot still feeling like i have some small semblance of control over this conversation. Having taken notice of keres, and where she is when i saw her within my peripheral vision.

"You may be her sister Ember, but she's changed while in the game.  And from what she's told me you've changed just as much.  There's a lot about her you don't know about anymore.  And what could stress her out so much?  When you came in here you told me it wasn't something to worry about yet now you speak as if it is.  What is it you aren't telling me Ember?  What is it that you insist on hiding from Raven, your own sister?"  He had nearly grinned when she frowned.  He was in her head now so he could use that to his advantage.  By continuing the accusation, and by saying things that would challenge her in that regard, he could push her emotionally to tell him.  When she did he would know where to go from here.  Manipulating others was so easy for him to do.  It could be fun or it could be boring, but in this sense he was very much relishing it.  This woman who's caused him so much strife, who comes striding in here with all the confidence in the world thinking she can control him and make him do what she pleases.  She was wrong, and he'd have her know it by the end of the day.

@Hestia

I bristle with anger at hearing this man's words of thinking that he knows my little sister more then i do. I quickly take a calming breathe and then grins. Deciding if he wants any ol joe smoe to know what i know then i will say it with confidence. Well fine then if you really want to know why don't i go reading outloud what i have found out. I say as i take out the paper i have translated and starts reading the lines one by one with a perfectly clear voice at a steady pace while i look at your face. Having wished i brought Kuro now to open the windows for optimal effect to prove my point he wouldn't want anyone to hear what i managed to find do to this man's carelessness. Though that does beg the question within my mind. OF what else was in there till he changed it for whatever reason that he could've conceived.

He watched calmly as she pulled out the piece of paper.  The moment she finished the first sentence however, his hand shot out and grabbed her jaw and mouth, preventing any sound at all from escaping.  Keres reacted quickly, pressing the button and opening the secret door to her alchemy station.  Domarus dragged Hestia down the steps, quite literally, then threw her across the room and into the wall on the other side.  Domarus laughed darkly as he shook his head, all disguise missing.  There was no use, not if he missed a page.  There was no way he could play it off.  However she didn't realize just how stupid she was to confront him in any manner.  Such confidence.  He called it stupidity.

"You've dug yourself too deep this time Ember.  This time there's no way out.  Your in a hole and now you'll be buried.  I'm not talking about death though, oh no.  People know you and you have your own guild.  I can't have people investigating your death, although I could easily devise a situation it would need time to be set up.  And that's time I don't have thanks to you."  He held the page she showed him and burned it, letting it's ashes fall to the ground.

"You're stupid but not as idiotic as every other p***ant in this world.  So let me make this clear:  You bring me the copies you made.  You burn anything of mine you have on you, or at your home, or wherever you've locked them up.  Or your sister will die.  You may know others, but only Itzal knows of Raven.  And he's so easy to sway.  So f****ng trusting.  Do you see now?  If you do anything to destroy my work, then I'll do everything to destroy the one thing you love more than anything and anyone in this digital world or the real world."

@Hestia

My eyes widen as my jaw gets gripped by yourself as i glare at the man as i get dragged into some kind of dungeon like scenario as i then get thrown into a wall as i grit my teeth as i glare at the red headed man now only seeing a devil in person. And you wonder why nobody likes you, or sticks around long. It is because they can sense you're nothing but a rotten piece of garbage on the inside Domarus. Seriously though in a match between myself, and Itzal who will a frontliner like himself believe more. The word of a trusted friend, or a stranger. I ask Domarus with a smile on my face as i quickly open up my inventory and equips my armor and sword and shield as i then look at the man. I'm not stronger then you i know this, but i can sure as hell outlast you enough to power through you. I say with a grin on my face as i start to make my way forward. Plus if you killed my sister again my word against yours. You would have every Celestial, and ever Holy Dragon member after you, and you care about your image now don't you? Don't want anybody giving off the wrong image of you being the psychopath you are now do we? I ask you. Plus you can't restrain me from messaging him at all. I can send a message out rather quickly and easily since everything is literally at the swipe of a finger. They will know where i am, and can easily defeat and subdue you. You don't scare me. I say as i glare at the man as i put my sword to his next and glares with all my malice and hatred. And if you ever F*ck with my sister i will make a carpet out of your skin you messed up individual. I say as i look into his eyes showing the side of the protector, and guardian. The side that only a older sister can have when their younger siblings are threatened.

Hestia's weapon was sent flying, not by Domarus but by Keres the instant she brought the blade to his neck.  Before Hestia could retaliate Domarus would grab Hestia by the throat and slam her hard into the wall, causing her to get stuck in it.  He had no worry in his eyes.  No fear.  No shame.  No care.  In fact, he was more confident than ever.

"You seem to misunderstand me.  I understand that if the truth gets out I've no chance in Aincrad.  Which is why I have your sister as a hostage from now on.  If any word gets out, and do believe me when I say you will be, are, and always have been under surveillance.  Every movement you make with your finger.  Any form of communication, any hidden glance will be noticed.  I will know if you try to tell someone else.  And the instant you have done so your sister will die.  Of that you can be certain.  In other words, if I'm going down, your whole world goes down with me."  He grinned evilly, not afraid to show his true nature at this point.

"I know you can kill me.  I know I can't survive against your guild and Celestial ascendants, though from what I hear I won't need to worry about the latter for long.  It's so interesting.  Your sister was so proud of your father, and how he refused to take a life.  Always finding a way to arrest them rather than kill them.  Yet you look like you'd kill me in a heartbeat.  Oh, Raven was right.  How far you've fallen."  If she tried to speak up again he'd slam his open hand against the wall, cracking it further.

"You tell no one and burn the pages.  Your sister lives.  Are.  We.  Clear?"

@Hestia

I glare at the red head and looks into his eyes as i glare at the man tightening my fist ever so slightly as i think of my sister. having heard enough that she has grown stronger. Probably not by much to get to Domarus' level, but enough in terms of strength she could easily overpower Keres. I glare at Domarus with a fierce look. You think i'll back down. I say as i quickly knee Domarus in the stomach, and punches him across the cheek as i glare at keres. Try me. You've sad time and time again my sister is a fighter and has grown stronger. I'm sure she can handle a attacker of someone who is willing to sink to your level and work with you. You're no Fearx, and you're no Aereth. You'r a child that thinks he can play god by manipulating others around him. I say with a glare towards the girl, and then speaks to Domarus not caring if i am defenseless in the form of no sword. since the sword is more so a formality anyway as my only form of actual combat is my armor's enhancements, and my shield aiding me in making sure i can do enough damage. Holding my shield tightly in a manner that won't have it knocked out of my hands.  I'm a older sister, and a fighter you can't make me bow. My goal is to inspire the frontlines, and the warriors that are below it. To become a tool for a devil is not something on my agenda. I say as i then quickly make a dash for the exit of the room making sure nothing is going to stop me. Not caring for the weapon as i can have the weapon remade, and i can use my shield to deflect any attacks at all, and then counteract with thorns or even just smacking the person out of the way with a parry.  My health already  back to full from Regen getting me back to full health.

Domarus saw the fire in her eyes before she hit him in the gut then punched him in the face.  He felt nothing of course but it was just enough for her to get away.  When she tried to run away Domarus activated charge, catching up to her, grabbing her, and swinging her through the air in a long arch, only to slam her into the ground and place his foot on her heavily.

"You just, don't, learn."  He opened up his menu and showed her a list of players.

"All experienced assassins.  All warriors.  Embers is on my side as well, and furthermore, all it takes is one message to set up an ambush.  It doesn't matter how strong your sister is, with the rate she trusts me I can lead her somewhere you don't know exists.  There it's a simple matter of finishing her off.  The thing about manipulation Ember, is that you can convince just about anyone to join you if you do it right.  A few words here, encouragement there.  Set up what seems like a random tragedy for them to see.  Save their life.  Show them the truth of the world.  Raven is almost ready too.  Nearly ready to follow me to the depths of hell and back.  Just a little push is all that's left at this point.  Honestly I was worried for a moment when I showed her the kid but oh, that was the perfect time to do so.  The Raven you know is long gone Ember.  Accept it.  And accept that despite all you've done to prepare for death.  Despite all the strength you've collected, you are powerless against me.  You can't stop me without destroying your life completely.  And when did I say I wanted you as my tool?  I have far better minions than you'd ever be,"  He said with a dark grin.

@Hestia

Why the hell do you even do this! Huh! What sort of sick pleasure do you gain from this to set things up like this! To turn innocent souls into just mindless tools to serve you! Why don't you answer me that huh! What kind of f*cked up past did you have to have to get you where you are. Where you don't care how many bodies burn along your path. Where you're no better then the monsters you're trying to get past. I say with a glare towards the red headed individual with nothing but pure malice and anger in my voice. Keeping in the back of my mind though that he had to use charge against me meaning that he can't use it again against me since the game is probably counting this as some sort of form of combat. Being forced to hold my fingers as of yet till i either force Raven out of here, or be forced to act like Domarus. Take her towards Itzal in the disguise of a spending time day, and then be forced to knock her unconscious and have Itzal take care of her. 'i will make sure she isn't corrupted fully. Even if it costs me my own soul i don't give a damn. He is dying by my hand.' I think in absolute anger as i look towards Domarus. In my mind unable to think of anything that could justify how the man acts in any manner. Though the words he says haunts me slightly "she is close to following me from hell and back." I tighten my fist at such a thought as i glance towards the ground knowing that to me that if i can't convince her life is worth living it might be more of a mercy to end her life rather then allow her to continue living under the twisted warped reality Domarus has put on her.

After hearing her question he laughed violently.

"So NOW.  NOW that you can't do anything, powerless against me and pinned against the floor you want to know my past?  You want to know my story?  Oh how rich this is.  You're like everyone, not at all giving a d**n about other's lives until you're forced into a corner.  Because hell, if you have the power why do you care?!  You're just.  Like.  Me.  You and I, the rest of the world.  Everyone is that way.  If you have the power then you don't give a d**n what others feel.
     "So you want my story?  Here it is:  My mother died of child birth.  My father spent all day at work, and when he came home there was severe punishment if my grades weren't perfect.  Afterwards he'd make me sit and watch.  News, history tapes, movies, stories.  He burned just how wretched, cruel, unforgiving and unforgivable this world truly is.  At the age of seven, Ember.  I knew about various ways people murder, torture, manipulate, rape, enslave, terrorize, and full out massacre.  I knew how many people died every year.  I knew the government was corrupt and manipulative.  By the age of nine I could see the evil intent in every individual I walked passed.  I knew I couldn't escape it.  This is our world.  The only way you will survive is if you either follow the rules.  Or if you make the rules.  And I sure as hell wasn't about to bow down.
     "I learned how the world operated in detail.  I trained myself in methods.  What works and what doesn't work.  I learned how people think, and how to get them to do what I want.  I began to create my empire.  I don't give a d**n about other's lives Ember.  I don't care whether they cry for mercy.  The world knows none.  You'll suffer or die if you show it."  
He took his foot off of her, knowing he could easily grab her if she tried running off.

"People like you who grow up with loving family are delusional.  You think kindness can save the world and that's where you're nothing but a moron.  I intend to take this world as my own and you will, not, stop me.  Personally I've come to like Raven's company.  It's as if I have a sister of my own.  But take my warning to heart Ember.  Do not.  Cross me."

@Hestia

I look at this red headed individual with a mixture of feeling by this point. Feeling pity that he had to go through all of that, feeling anger that he dares try to take Raven as his own, feeling some guilt for judging a book by its cover that was this delusional idiot. I get back onto my feet and glares at the man ignoring the sounds all around, and thus failing to notice Raven having listened into some of what you had said, and now what i am going to say. I don't care about your messed up past Domarus. Your ends of what you want to do doesn't justify the means you will get to try and achieve it. You're basically taking away what makes anyone human by taking away their right to choose by manipulating what route they will take. The world is messed up i'm not ignorant to that by any means. I just don't allow all the hate, agony, despair, and fear rule my conscious mind into deciding to do extremes like you are doing. I don't hire assassins to try and kill a little girl if i don't get my way, i don't beat people up to get some sort of twisted pleasure out of it. You say the world is corrupt, and so are you. You may trying to beat this monster of corruption, but maybe if you looked into a mirror you would realize what monster you have become along the way. I say as i glare at the red head. Also once more back the F*ck off of my sister. She isn't yours by any means. Now if you'll excuse me i'll be taking my sister out of here since i heard there is a quest on floor 22, and personally i think she needs a reminder of the good things back in the real world. I say having heard of some quest that is out there that offers a memory from the real world in some fashion. Wanting to see that rather desperately, and taking that as a opportunity to take her back to Itzal. To either force her to be trapped which i would hate, or..being better to end it by my hand or his. At least that way it can be quick and painless rather then any kind of long drawn out torture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She wakes up with a groggy sleepy tired noises as she gazes around her room having heard some muffled shouts that had woken her up. Sis? She says softly as she slowly gets out of bed and makes her way towards where she had heard the shouts, and ends up finding the alchemy room. Was..this wasn't here always. She says to herself as she takes a few steps forward and puts her ear against the door, and hears everything that her teacher says about his view of the world. her heart twisting at his story of what his father had done to him as her eyes water and tears slowly fall upon the floor. Her mind trying to comprehend what she just heard, and why such a person would do anything to others like that. To make them see the darkness at even younger then herself. 'That must've broken him.' She thinks to herself softly hearing what is happening on and off until the end bit. Hearing something about something about suffering or dying, and then how Domarus viewed her as a sister. She smiles rather happily at that glad to have given him some comfort during his life. Though the last part causes her confusion. 'Warning? Don't cross him? What does he mean?' Raven thinks utterly confused by what she is listening to. Trying to understand why such words be said out of the man who saved her like a knight in those fairy tales.

Raven just becoming more and more confused as her sister speaks finding it to be completely contradictory to what she knows of her mentor, and wanting to slam in their to demand answers of what is happening. However, the mind that Domarus has trained makes her hesitant and instead just listens in to the best of her ability. To try and find the answer to see if her perception of the reality of her mentor is wrong. Hoping that it isn't, but she has been proven wrong before about how the world is then.

Domarus grinned when she told him she didn't care about his past.

"You say that and yet your reaction screams otherwise.  You're an open book Ember, you're pathetic.  Only the strong survive so I'll use others to raise myself higher.  Including your sister.  When I'm done I'll be the one writing the rules and setting the laws.  But don't worry Ember.  Your sister will be right beside me all the way.  She'll have power as well.  And it's not like I intend to be cruel to my subjects, far from it.  It's only those who stand in my way whom I'll tear limb from limb.  Leaders who are open about their disgust, and treat their subjects poorly are torn down.  I learn from history my dear, and won't make that same mistake.  And I know I'm a monster.  I know I'm corrupt.  I also know that there is no way I can be pure either.  You're little speech means nothing.  You're pathetic Ember if you think you can sway me."  When Hestia mentioned how she was going to take her sister to the twenty second floor he laughed violently.

"Oh is that so?  Then you'd break your deal with me that YOU AGREED to in front of Raven?  The deal involving you only getting one day of the week, while I spend the rest training her?  And don't think I don't know what you're up to.  It takes a dark schemer to know a schemer.  What are you planning to do now?  Talk to someone else about the matter?  As I said my scouts will watch and listen to everything you say and do, nothing will slip by their notice.  Will you kidnap your sister to keep her from me?"  He watched her reaction carefully, more specifically her eyes and laughed.

"WELL I'LL BE D**NED THAT IS YOUR PLAN!  Aren't you a little hypocrite Ember.  Always walking around as if you are justified.  What was it you mentioned earlier?  Your ends do not justify the means?  So stealing a private journal and deciphering it because you are oh so convinced they are evil is justified?  YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN ME EMBER!!!  Try as you may, you will never convince Raven.  Because the sister she knew is gone.  replaced by one who will go to any lengths to get what she thinks is right.  Even if what she does in the process is what a lowly thief and assassin would do.  She has come to understand the need for strength and that's what I have.  I may be cruel Ember, but at least I don't change.  I'm consistent, and I hold true to my beliefs.  You however are nothing but a winding mess.  You're pathetic."

@Hestia

I just listen to this tightening my fist and doing my best to hold my tongue and mostly my shield wanting to bash this man's face in for thinking he can get away with this. You think i care about this dumb deal we made. I only did ti wanting to give you a chance, and clearly i was mistaken in thinking that was a smart idea by any measures of length. Also, don't think i haven't come to grips about my own actions. I know i'm not some hero or someone that is pure. However, i prefer making sure that the ones i care for are safe even if it means making sure that i have to go down the darker path of things. I don't care about whatever deal i had made. I am taking my sister out of here, and taking her where she is safe and away from being around your immediate vicinity. You're a danger to yourself, and everyone around you as far as i am concerned with how you try to make them think the same as you. I say as i just start backing up towards the stairs keeping my eyes upon both Domarus, and keeping in mind where Keres is to make sure she can't trip me up, or anything of the sort. Going to use my shield to smack the girl across the face if she makes me think for even one millisecond that she is going to try and do something to stop me. Having more experience then Domarus, and the girl in fighting and a tank. I am a wall that can't be moved by simple tricks. Having seen another tricks from other players, and seen how Domarus fights to know what to expect in terms of movements if they head towards me. I then hear a scared voice ask what is going on as my eyes widen. I slowly turn around and just see Raven at the top of the stairs.