[PP-F4] Breaking Icecubes

Facing one's fears, conquering the demon within and aiming to better oneself. These were things that, while not in the forefront of Lee's mind, were still there. He rarely held these things at all but in the past months, things had happened that shifted just how he saw some things. So, it was time to put em down. He decided that he would need to define and give them something that could at least give him some sort of bravery. The fourth floor held nothing of interest too him and even more so, it held nothing but horrid and painful memories that only seemed to get worse the longer time passed.

So, in order to face this bullsh*t, he would start visiting the cursed lands for actual reasons and accomplish those reasons. That way, the more positives he gained, the less the negatives would hold weight. Lee would appear in the snow-covered town in his usual attire of full plate with his shield already attached to one arm and the other held his familiar Babette in his underarm. He had gotten information of a boss on this floor that, with his stats along with at least one other, it shouldn't be too hard of a problem but the main thing that enticed him was this it was called a 'boss' and that would be a nice boost in ego. He would have to wait for one other before continuing and she was sure to be here any moment.

It was then that he recalled something and used his shield hand to open his inventory and scrolled through his items till he found what he was looking for. As he selected the item, a tear like object would appear in between his fingers. It shined as if covered in dew or was made of some sort of crystal that was constantly shown in the light. He had found a small bundle of these things in his home at the topmost floor. He had wondered just what they did and before he knew it, the item would shatter into a fine dust and seemingly sunk into his hand even while he aimed to shake it off but it was gone though he felt there was some difference and he knew this outing was going to benefit him greatly.

x1 Yui's Grace Used = 1 SP Boost

The fourth floor. A very important floor even considering how low leveled it was. But Lee was right. It was time to shake off the fear. They needed to progress. Especially if they were going to get anywhere close to being able to join the frontlines. Taking a deep breath, she gave Jareth one last pet and nuzzle before nodding and stepping up to the teleportation platform. "Snowfrost."  She and her familiar were instantly materialized to another teleportation plaza, this one covered in snow, however. Jareth fluffed out his feathers for extra protection against the cold as he perched on her shoulder and Piera did her own equivalent, wrapping her armor's cape closer around her body, glad that the armor itself provided a good amount of warmth.

Glancing up, she immediately spotted Lee and smiled warmly at the adorable sight of her love in full shield and armor with his new pet boar in the other arm. "You are so precious." The alchemist immediately stated as she approached him. Leaning down, she smooched the top of Babette's head before stretching onto the tips of her toes to give Lee a peck on the lips. "Oh, I got a new spear! Full points in damage for this one." Equipping the Adamantite Trident, she showed off the weapon before bringing up, "The blacksmith was nice. She suggested doing a quest that would help with the extreme weather. It's on the same floor as her shop. Floor five. Called The Traveler. Thought we could take it sometime later."

Lee would turn his attention toward the summoning platform to which he would pause in thought for a moment. "Would it be summoning or teleporting? Is there a difference?" He would say to himself prior to the brunette materializing. Lee would raise his shield up in a makeshift wave to the woman as she moved closer. She would call him precious to which he would instantly snap back "I am Not a stripper!" He would watch as she greeted Babette and then he would lean down just a bit so that their lips would meet without hindrance.

She would then talk about a new weapon and would show him a trident and talked of its more offensive capabilities to which he would let out a whistle "Oh me, oh my, looks like we got ourselves a bada*s over here." He would chuckle and then continue "I've been thinking about that quest myself and figured that the skill you get would come in handy, something else we should look into after this if you feel up to the task lil miss aquaWOHman."

Piera snickered at Lee's immediate response to her calling him 'precious', knowing it was coming. She smiled contently after their kiss and nodded with pride and a huge grin as he called her a badass in a roundabout way. "All da damages~" She bragged, glad that she could now still heal but not be quite as useless and all without sacrificing valuable Skill Points that she wanted to save for putting into her First Aid skill. Col really could buy anything. Nodding again with a bit more seriousness at her love's conferment that they should indeed do the quest she had brought up, the brunette then rolled her eyes at the name he'd given her. "That pun...physically hurt me." She parried back, deadpan. Then life suddenly returned to her eyes as she brought up. "Oh! And guess who the blacksmith was?" Giving him a moment to spout out whatever likely completely wrong or silly guess before stating with a smile, "Tei Tei! Er, Teion! I know you didn't really play with her a lot, but still. I wouldn't have thought this would be her thing, but yeah." The alchemist shrugged, still kind of surprised at the discovery herself.

Lee would chuckle lightly at the comment of her having all of the attack power to which he would also nudge her with his elbow in a joking manner. It was nice that she was aiming to further things and try to make up for some shortcomings. The armored man was more or less content with everything he currently had, maybe a few more skills but for the most part, he was okay with not being able to actually do much damage on the basic level. He would come back to reality as she spoke of being assaulted and he couldn't contain the sudden, loud but short burst of laughter with the complementary head thrown back for a bit more of a flare.

He would calm down quickly as she seemed really excited about just who it was that she had gotten the weapon from and brought up Teion to which it would ping in his head but nothing would actually come from it aside from a name "Teion. The name rings a bell but I'm not sure if I know her like you think that I do. I think. Any more details to go off of than that?"

Shaking her head with an exasperatedly amused smile at Lee's bark of laughter, Piera would sigh, leaning her head to the side as she glanced at her shoulder where Jareth was perched. "See what I have to put up with?" As if the griffon didn't already know.

Nodding in understanding at Lee's lack of complete recognition at the name she explained, "She always had the same avatar, the purple one? Umm, and I would stay up really really late voice chatting and gaming with her and her friends sometimes. On League. I don't think you ever played with her though. Not sure. Anyways, she's stuck in here like us and she's a really good blacksmith." Gesturing to the other woman's handiwork.

"I'm thinking of trying to re-get to know her. Maybe go out and do some grinding or something." Shrugging, the brunette then smiled slightly shyly as she admitted, "It'd be nice to have a friend that's a girl again. Anyway, enough about all that. Aren't we supposed to be focusing on this quest?"

Lee was rather happy with himself as Piera had to look to her animal companion for some sort of solace and for him, that was a win. It was then that the brunette aimed to try and give Lee a better image of whom it was that she was talking about. He would know of the game she spoke of though the player would be a bit vaguer. There were a lot of people that they played with and some of them mixed together and some were to each of them. As she spoke of him not playing with her, he would flick her on the forehead "Then what the hell makes you think that I'd know her?!"

He would let out an elongated sigh as he would look at her spear to which he would shake his head "I think it'll be a while before I ever actually change my items. Simple and hasn't failed me yet and hey, I need to have some girl friends too." He would chuckle as she would then chime in that they actually had a reason to be here. "Oh yeah." He would point his shield in the direction that he assumed to be correct "Let's try this way." He would say this in an unsure manner but in all seriousness, he knew where the boss was supposed to be and had aimed to try and memorize it. That was the tricky part was the trying to memorize part. "I wish SwordArt had a notepad feature."

Flinching away with a smile as she laughingly received a flick to her forehead, Piera replied, "I thought you might've remembered me mention or talk about her! I just thought it was cool was all. Well...cool that I met her, not cool that we're uh...both here an all." Shrugging slightly awkwardly, the brunette would sigh along with her partner before tilting her head to survey him as he spoke about keeping his items and build.

Letting out a smaller chuckle at his proclaimed need of girl friends, the alchemist nodded. "You have better luck than me on that front anyway. But sure, if she has any friends, I'll pass them along. We'll all go out and paint our nails and braid our hair. Chest hair in your case." Her eyebrows waggled over the frames of her glasses before shaking her head. That would certainly be a sight to see.

Glancing in the direction that he then pointed, Piera nodded. But at Lee's comment, she blinked and stared blankly at him for nearly thirty seconds before realizing he was serious. "But...there is? I mean it doesn't say 'notepad' or anything, but you can bring up something like it. That's if you want to keep organized though. I mean if you just need a quick reminder or to jot something down, you could just send a message to yourself. Here, look."

Piera stepped closer to her love, resting her back against his chest so he could see over the shoulder that didn't have a griffon occupying it as she swiped open her menu and navigated through a few tabs and folders before pointing at a rectangular icon. "That one. I sometimes write my thoughts or notes for my potions and recipes, materials that worked particularly well, stuff like that."

"Hoe, you know how much you talk about people? What in gods name do you think would make you think that I would keep all of those things in my head?! It isn't that big." He would say, rubbing the side of his head as if to find it judgemental. As she would then ask to share his spoils he would turn his head up in an egotistical fashion whilst waving his shield in her general direction as if to dismiss her "Psh, begone with your begging peasant. I haven't the time for that ugly word. Sharing." He would say this with a serious face but would then crack as a smile would appear on his face as she would place herself against his chest to show him what it was she was speaking about.

He would lean forward and tilt his head to take a closer look and would then let his eyebrows raise and nod his head "Well I'll be da*ned. Never noticed that." He would then let his attention raise to see movement in the snow, moreover, something shimmering that looked to be a giant snowflake. He would lower Babette to the ground as he would draw his sword and nod his head forward "That is a giant floating snowflake face...right?"

cryogonal.gif
Ice Elemental-

HP: 210/210
Damage: 63

Lee's Stats-

Spoiler

5aa38add9be8e_LeeSAOsignaturewarmor.png.00924e75fd4a8a5d241c175d6060cac0.png

Piera's Stats-

Spoiler

5aa38b097cf06_PieraSAOsignature.png.960949b65734da2b6ff8fd53381db560.png

At his protestation that his head was too small to remember all of the people she mentions, Piera simply grinned before reaching up to rub her hand against the other side of his head. "I know, that's why I like it! So cute n compact." But when he would act like she was too lowly for him to share his wealth of female friends, the alchemist would gape, resting a hand on her breastplate in over-dramatic offense. "Sharing is caring, Lee. Sharing is caring." As he cracked a smile, she too would let out a light chuckle, always enjoying their jests with each other.

Shrugging at Lee's admission, the alchemist admitted, "It took me a while to find it too. And by then I just assumed I was like the last one to discover it like always." Eyes following Babette's descent rather than where her partner was looking, she was distracted by the tiny boar's cuteness and couldn't resist giving her a pet or two before glancing up at Lee's question. "Hm? Oh. Yyyyeeeess? Why? No idea. But yes, yes it does seem to be...it can't be Avalanche, right? Oh god, what if there's like a swarm of them and all of them make Avalanche?" She was fairly sure that wouldn't be the case, but it was still a horrifying thought.

As the odd monsters floated forwards, Piera squinted and made out the monster's name, "Ice Elemental. Let's get to it honey. Stay with Babette, Jareth."  The griffon cooed before flapping off of her shoulder and resting next to the tiny boar. Twirling her new spear between her hands, Piera stated, "Let's get to it honey! Switch with me now?"

ID 98311 | BD 10(+3) |

Fatal Thrust: 3x10 = 30 Dmg

• [H:0] Lee: HP 260/260 | EN 26/26 | DMG 1 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 40
  • [H:2] Piera: HP 420/420 | EN 39/42 | DMG 8 | ACC 3 | EVA 0 | MIT 26
  • Ice Elemental: HP 180/210 | DMG 63 |  (-30 Dmg)
Edited by Piera

Lee would simply turn his gaze to the lancer as she would rub the side of his head and he would scowl. "You shush it, lady." The woman would then seemingly take great false offense to his lack of sharing. He would take his sword and wave it off to the side as if to shove away from her words. "That seems a whole lot of not my problem." They would both begin to chuckle at their antics to which would make the overall mood, even more, the enjoyable. "I will have to throw some notes of people I like and don't like on there. For my eyes only." He would then look at their familiar's, hers and then his own and as Piera would speak of a hoard of the monsters like the one before them and it being the quest to which Lee would give way to pause.

"God I hope not." She would then say for her familiar to stay on his own as Lee would draw his sword outward and shift his arm so that his shield would tighten against the back of his arm. The spear user would lunge forward with a sword art and strike firmly against the Ice Elemental and then call for a Switch to which Lee would nod his head. "Switch!" Lee would then lunge forward and let his sword come down to slash down against the monster with a successful switch with his partner.

The Ice Elemental would hover forward toward the two players, only to be met with a spear to its face, scraping against it hard. It would shutter and before it could realize what was happening, a sword strike would slash down it as well, nowhere near as hard as the spear but it seemed to be more angered at the tank than the spear user. It would begin to shake violently and throw itself forward, slamming itself into the tanks chest and then bouncing back into a hovering position.

ID 98716 | BD 7
MOB 7
DMG: 1+14(THRN)= 15

• [H:3] Lee: HP 237/260 | EN 26/26 | DMG 1 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 40 (-23 Dmg)
  • [H:0] Piera: HP 420/420 | EN 39/42 | DMG 8 | ACC 3 | EVA 0 | MIT 26
  • Ice Elemental: HP 165/210 | DMG 63 | (THRN)  (-15 Dmg)
Edited by Lee