Floor 16
<< The Swashbuckling Buccaneer >>
Recommended Level: 35
Repeatable only for "Pirate's Treasure" | Party Limit: 4
Credit Goes to: @Birdie

Rewards:

• 2 Additional SP
  • 10,500 Col
  • Pirate's Treasure (Unique Consumable): A lucky coin that will give the user +2 Prosperity, for the duration of a thread. One time use!

Objectives:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts)
  • Defeat all 5 <<Pirate Deckhands>>
  • Defeat <<Boatswain Amir>> and <<Boatswain Jessamine>>
  • Defeat <<Burlock, the Quartermaster>>

Summary:

LJgUWM7.png

A <<Frantic-looking Sailor>> sits hunched atop a wooden crate, his feet dangling idly over the pier’s edge. He turns as you approach, a look of hopelessness in his eyes.

"Y-you there! Have you the heart to aid a foolish sailor? You see, this shipment is due for departure come morn… and my ship’s been thieved! It’s those purloinin’ pirates, Greybeard’s lot or something-or-other. I would lead an effort to retrieve it but folks round ‘ere pay no mind to the business of others. Don’t suppose you could lend a hand?”

Should you choose to accept, the sailor turns Eastward and points across the water. He tells you the ship was last spotted near <<Ill Man’s Cove>>, a pier with two run-down shacks built into the adjoining cliff face, reputable for its shady dealings. He also shares details of the crew who stole his ship, including that of a burly man wearing a Captain’s hat. He marks the coordinates on your map and tells you to meet him where you stand by nightfall, making brief mention of his uncle’s rowboat.

Outline:

Participants may choose to roleplay meeting the <<Frantic-looking Sailor>> and his uncle at the docks, but must roleplay arriving at <<Ill Man’s Cove>> on the uncle’s rowboat. The sailor’s uncle will leave after dropping off the participants and the sailor.

Participants may choose where and how to combat the pirates; however, 2 Deckhands will always try to fight alongside each Boatswain. Boatswains receive individual BD rolls, Deckhands may share (though they still require a separate roll from the player).

Once all Deckhands and Boatswains have been defeated, <<Burlock, the Quartermaster>> bursts out from below deck of the stolen ship and howls “Arrggh! Who dares provoke the ire of Greybeard’s Quartermaster?!”

Upon defeating <<Burlock, the Quartermaster>>, the sailor climbs aboard his reclaimed ship and imparts a word of thanks, and offers the participants transport back to port. All mobs below receive separate dice rolls each!

QuIvDY9.jpg

<<Pirate Deckhand>>

HP: 250
DMG: 85
MIT: 40

Hornswaggle: On a nat. CD of 11-12, stuns the player for one turn and the pirate's attack bypasses 1/2(rounded up) of the target's mitigation.

v3lQGa3.jpg<<Boatswain Amir>>

HP: 400 
DMG: 125
MIT: 60
EVA: 2

Chain of Command: When first engaged upon by a player, two <<Pirate Deckhands>> will instantly spawn and attack the player once regardless of Hate. If all 5 <<Pirate Deckhands>> have already been previously spawned (and/or defeated), none will spawn upon engaging the <<Boatswain>>.

Freebooter: On nat. BD rolls of 9-10, <<Boatswain Amir>> raises his boot. If the CD is 1-6, he kicks high and hits with 150 AoE damage. If the CD is 7-12, he sweeps low and knocks the target's party off their feet, lowering their Evasion by 2 for their next turn.

Jnk03Rl.jpg

<<Boatswain Jessamine>>

HP: 350
DMG: 175
MIT: 50
ACC: 2

Chain of Command: When first engaged upon by a player, two <<Pirate Deckhands>> will instantly spawn and attack the player once regardless of Hate. If all 5 <<Pirate Deckhands>> have already been previously spawned (and/or defeated), none will spawn upon engaging the <<Boatswain>>.

Crow’s Nest: On nat. BD rolls of 9-10, <<Boatswain Jessamine>> rears her boot. If the CD is 1-6, she sweeps low and knocks the target over, lowering their Accuracy by 3 for one turn. If the CD is 7-12, she aims high and launches an attack that bypasses 2/3(rounded up) of the target's mitigation.

DQrQ2s3.jpg

<<Burlock, the Quartermaster>>'s Stats

HP: 600
DMG: 165
MIT: 80
EVA: 2
ACC: 2

All Hands On Deck!: Immune to Paralysis/Stun.

Black Spot: Burlock’s cutlass is coated with a thin poison. On a successful hit, with a nat. CD rolls of 10-12, the target suffers 30 Poison Damage for their next two turns.

Davy’ Jones Locker: On nat. BD rolls of 9, Burlock deals 50 additional damage. On nat. BD rolls of 10,  Burlock deals 100 additional damage.

•  

Jonathan stood on one of the cleared floors of Aincrad. Floor 16. He had heard a new quest was indeed released here, and had supposed it was due time to start getting another boost of Skill points. Hestia had given him a reason to get better. If he was weaker than her from laziness, he wouldn't be a role model of hers anymore. Stepping forward through the pier, he caught a whiff of the sea's air. If he happened to see any familiar faces, he would invite them in for the journey. He doubted Itzal was around, and nobody on his friends list was around either. So, it was all down to the luck of the draw at this point in time. He had happened to notice that Hikoru was no longer on his friends list which was a strange sight to see. Perhaps he had deleted it and planned on re-adding him later? 

@Stryder

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening his eyes, Sky looked around, having just gone as high as he had ever really gone before.... The Sixteenth floor! He had been meaning to slowly come up higher and higher, making his way to the front, but he had been waiting until he had the strength to actually compete with Frontliners, or at the very least to be on the same scale as them. But, he knew that would never happen, he wasn't that lucky. He was going to have to earn it.... He sighed, wondering if there was anything fun to do on this floor. As he took his first step, behind him a Wolf appeared, panting a little. She instantly enjoyed the floor, the moment she saw the forests, and smelt the air she stared panting happily. He smiled, giving her a little rub before walking towards the ocean, wanting to see what water would actually look like in this world, more specifically, the ocean.

@Morgenstern

As Jonathan walked forward towards his quest giver, he spotted a dark haired man, a wolf trotting happily behind him. The man had a familiarity to him, and Jonathan instanty rubbed the back of his head with his trying to recall where he had seen the man before. A memory returned to him, a battle with Kasier and a dark haired boy named Stryder fighting against a largre over sized monkey monster. He chuckled at the memory and stepped before the man. "Hey Stryder!" He said in a confident voice. "I was just about to do one of the new quests. You're welcome to join if you aren't to busy! I could always use another blade ya know!" He chuckled and stood there, awaiting a reaction. Stryder wasn't the best in strength capabilities, but Jonathan mostly seeked a companion as he could easily clear the quest by himself. Jonathan crossed his arms, standing and waiting. 

The wind picked up a bit and the ocean could be heard crashing against the pier. Seagulls were heard, and Jonathan found these noise appealing. The salty air wasn't that bad. He had once been on this floor before, taking on an a giant turtle boss that would be found out at sea. 

@Stryder

Sky was simply walking along when he heard his name, wondering who could say it. His voice was was familiar, but... Well, not enough for him to really remember it instantly. He turned to look, seeing someone... who looked a little similar, and within a moment it came back to him, Morgenstern! He had been on a quest with him and Kasier awhile back, he didn't fully remember how that quest had gone.... But they had obviously survived, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Silver instantly hid behind Sky, obviously scared of this new comer. "Shhh Silver, this guy isn't to bad, don't worry" He says, the wolf calming down slightly, but still keeping her distance 

"New quest? Huh, i haven't been on these high floors before, so i guess all these quests are new to me.... Why not, sure thing!" He says, smiling as he looks out at the sea, the water smashing aganst the pier. He really did love the ocean....

The canine companion of Stryder seemed a bit frightened by his sudden intervene of their day. Even after Stryder told her to calm down, she still seemed a bit frightened of him. Jonathan chuckled quietly, rubbing the back of his head. He never thought himself to be a frightening figure in the room. When he was compared to Itzal and Hikoru in the room, he brought the cheer of the room. Itzal was quiet and thought hard on everything while Hikoru.... was well.... Hikoru. After accepting Jonathan would smile as he sent him a party request. "Well we gotta go find that NPC then, from what the quest outline said, we need to head to the docks to find out what we need to do exactly" Jonathan swiveled in place, turning around to head towards the docks. "Alright Stryder, from my understanding this is a pretty easy quest. I'll howl for each, but i am not going to wear all of my tanking gear for tanking. I will be focusing solely on damaging these guys to get through the quest faster. Understand?" Chuckling, Jonathan seen the dock and swung his body over the railing to land a good five feet below on the docks. 

@Stryder 

• 4 weeks later...

Sky still felt kind of.... awkward around this guy. He had been on one other quest with him before, but the tension had been extremely high.  He had felt the cold shoulder he had gotten, but it might have just been him, a little intimidated around those stronger than him. He didn't say anything about it though, instead listening to what he was saying about the quest, and how he planned to fight. He nodded, grinning. 

"Sounds good, i'm not to worried about getting hit once or twice, my gear is light, allowing me to move fast enough to avoid a fair amount of blows, but thanks for still taking the hits" He says, giving a little bow of respect. He looked at Silver, still hiding behind him as he walked over to him a little. Then, right after, he saw the guy just jump over the dock. He looked down, seeing him landing a little below it. With a grin, he followed suit, jumping down right after him. Once he landed, he looked up, seeing the wolf jump down.

"SILVER!! N-" He says with a loud tone, before being crushed by his familiar, coughing a little. "Dammit silver... that kinda hurt" He said, before she got off him. He ran over to Morgenstern. "Just want to say sorry about her, she doesn't trust many others since i saved her..." 

@Morgenstern

Jonathan turned to see Stryder jumping to follow him landing on his feet. Then the man turned, his eyes getting wide as he watched his familiar jump of after him. The wolf landed on top of him, becoming crushed by the wolf. Jonathan chuckled and began to walk, the man running to catch up with him and apologizing for his familiar. "It's no problem I assure you" Jonathan looked further up the dock and seen a frantic looking sailor. "I think that is the guy we have to see today" he would tell Stryder. Jonathan surged forward, coming lose to the NPC who turned to them and began to speak. 

"Y-you there! Have you the heart to aid a foolish sailor? You see, this shipment is due for departure come morn… and my ship’s been thieved! It’s those purloinin’ pirates, Greybeard’s lot or something-or-other. I would lead an effort to retrieve it but folks round ‘ere pay no mind to the business of others. Don’t suppose you could lend a hand?”

Jonathan nodded and the man pointed eastward and saying, "Thar' ship was last seen by ill man's cove! Meet me har' and we can get thar' by my uncle's row boat" 

Jonathan turned to Stryder and looked at his menu's watch real quick. "Looks like we got a good hour and a half of time to kill. Let us go and get ourself a bite here. Im not much of a fan of fish, but I am famished!" He chuckled and moved forward. 

@Stryder

He was glad that his newfound companion didn't have any issue with how shy his familiar is. He knew one day she would warm up to others, but right now, she was still shy and scared of everyone. He couldn't help but smile at her, before noticing Jon had made a few strides away, so he quickly caught up, matching pace. He didn't say much as they followed him over to the NPC, listening to him. 

So, his ship was robbed... Seems not all crime escapes this world yet... At least its not a player himself

He looked over to where he was pointing, seeing nothing at all really, except some blue ocean and some sand... He didn't really say anything though, guessing there was a quest zone that way somewhere. He looked at Jon afterwards, when he said something about food.

"Really? Not a big fan of fish? How come?" he asks, patting his own stomach in agreement to going to get some food.

Jonathan would watch as the dark haired boy would pat his stomach and follow him, questioning his distaste for fish. "No reason, just not a big fan. I'll eat it though, I don't hate it" He would walk into the nearest restaurant then, <<The Salty Splatoon>>, and find a seat at a table, with plenty of room for both he and Stryder. A waitress would shortly bring them both a menu and Jonathan would open it and peer inside. "So Stryder, what have you been up to? Anything happening with your guild" Jonathan would ask. Stryder was a respectable DPS version of him. Jonathan had underestimated the man's power last time they met and he would not make the same mistake. Where Jonathan could hold any punch the man could throw, the man was at least in the Top Five Tier Two DPS. He would peer through the menu, finding a grilled fish sandwich to be looking appealing currently. The waiter would bring them each a glass of water, smile and leave without a word. 

@Stryder

He made a mental note to remember that, if he ever wanted to ask this guy questions, or try and get on his good site, or for whatever reason needs to meet up with him, fish was not the way to his heart. He looked at the name of the restaurant, it had a.... well unique name, but it made sense for an ocean side place. The sea was salty, and he was guessing that if this were the real world, they would be getting all there produce from the sea right here, fresh off the boat. In this game, it was probably the same, but he didn't know if that was the case. Listening to his question about the guild, he simply smiled a little, glad that he at least had something to mention right now.

"I myself haven't been doing much other than gaining a few levels, but as for my guild, a few things have happened recently. My guild has been looking at others to ally with, we are preparing for the third dragon hunter quest, and iv got a fair few new recruits. We are also in the middle of collecting heaps of Col to get a guild hall, but that is a daunting task" He answered, before smiling at him a bit brighter. "And two of us are going to be joining you in the next floor boss" He said, before looking at the menu himself, finding a Grilled salmon with a salad, instantly having his mind set, and then decided about getting Silver a tuna dish. When the waiter put the water down, Sky didn't notice as he was to busy looking for something tuna like for his wolf.

• 3 weeks later...

(Mass influx of numbers is all for the CA Downfall event thats coming up. Don't go actually look and see that fifty members joined lol)

As Jonathan was prepared with his order, he sent his menu down, training his eyes on the dark haired boy. The boy spoke of his guild, telling them that they were busy and it sounded like they were all taking the dragon quests together. "Good, sounds like you are busy. Itzal and I are taking the Dragon Quests together, too easy for bringing more than two. AS for my guild, at first we hit a dead spot, much of our own guild becoming lazy and lax without much activity. Then, two new members joined us and they basically spurred us to bring in new members and bring back life to the guild. We've brought in so many members that I can hardly keep track of any names anymore. I must say, it has been rather stressful with this many members. I am glad that we are up and active again" He chuckled, taking a sip of his water. The waitress came back then and he told her, "I'll take the Grilled fish sandwich please, thank you" 

@Stryder, Sorry for the long wait!

(All good Morgy boi)

Sky listened to them, glad that he seemed to be getting a lot more activity in his guild. Thats good for him. The frontlining guilds needed to be getting more attention, especially since without them, the whole momentum Aincrad had gained would just halt, and we would get no where at all. He was also pretty proud of the two of them doing the DHA quests, but he didn't know who 'Itzal' was. That wasn't someone he had met before, though he was guessing he was a trustworthy guy. Before he said anything, he listened to his order, a grilled fish sandwich. He told him his own "I'l take a Grilled Salmon with a salad and a tuna dish please." He said to her, before turning back to Jon.

"The stress will be worth it when guys manage to organize the chaos, your guild will be dam effective!" He replied to him, smiling with a little jealousy.

Stryder seemed happy that the Ascendants had been getting more members. "None of the progress I can credit to myself. Two players  named Orik and Sarah are the ones who motivated to begin actively recruiting. Afterwards, we sent many of our members to begin recruiting and training players. Its been a hassle, but I am sure we can start calming down here soon. If you ask me, it all seems to be working out all too perfectly" Their food would begin to arrive, Jonathan picking up his food by the buns and taking a bite. Although he didn't like  fish, the food was not bad. "So you said some of your members would be joining the next boss fight, any hints as to who they are? Are you one of em'? He as a bit worried. Two of theiir members last boss fight almost died. They had done a good job recently ensuring there  wouldn't be any deaths, but last boss fight came to close for comfort. Ever since, Jonathan had been training himself to try and make sure  others wouldn't take that damage. He had even thought of getting Field Aid although pure supportive was really not what he wanted to go for. 

• 1 month later...

Seemed like there guild acted a lot like his own did. A few players were very proactive and pusehd the rest of the guild forwards while others just tried to make sense of the crazyness, though for him to think soething was going 'too perfectly' means that something might be up with his guild. Did they have dangerous enemies or something? What is he worried about? He didn't really bother asking, and it was better he didn't, becauset he food arrived! When it got here, he thanked the waiter, before eating some lettuce that was with the salad, and taking a bite out of the salmon, a few tears falling down his face in joy. He put the tuna dish into the ground next to him, Silver leaping into it and devouring it. 

"Yeah, i'l be one of them. Right now iv got three, me included, who are going to join. Pinball, and Hydra are the other two. They should be strong enough to survive... I think at this point, they are both stronger then me. At least health wise" 

Jonathan watched as the food arrived, his sandwich being set in front of him. Thanking the waitress, he grabbed his sandwich and chomped  into it, enjoying the well made food. Stryder's familiar chowed into some food as well. Jonathan laughed and listened to Stryder. "There have been many new arrivals lately. We have been requiring four teams because of them all. I guess that's better especially with the bosses getting much stronger. I hope whatever is in store doesn't have AOE attacks like the last one did. A Tier two frontliner last time lost 120% of her health last boss fight due to just AOE attack one after the other" 

Jonathan sipped on some water. By the time their dinner was finished, they should be well enough on time to be started on the quest. It felt like a waste of time sitting there and doing nothing, but it was required to be at night. "Pinball... I've heard that name somewhere before. Didn't he win some raffle?" 

@Stryder

• 4 weeks later...

A raffle.... Now that Sky was thinking about it, Pin did win a raffle. He got that spear. He remembered nearly going into a duel against him, but luckily, THAT duel never happened. Especially since at this point... there was a good chance Pin was stronger then him. The part about a tier two player losing 120% of his health... That worried him. Himself and Pinball both were Tier two players.... Meaning that if this was the last boss, they could possibly need heavy healing. He gulped, knowing he was underleveled, but not caring... Well, to much... Okay, he was worried. But, he simply smiled it off, choosing to keep eating his food, and his wolf did the same.

"Yeah, he won a spear i believe, similar to how i won my cursed gloves" He replied. Looking down at his familiar, he wondered how Pin was doing these days. He hadn't had much contact with him... He was definitely alive, he knew that much. Other than that, he had no idea on Pins condition.

He would mention Pinball's spear, and  then something about his gloves. The blond player would then raise an eyebrow. "Cursed gauntlets eh? All you new players with your fancy toys" Jonathan would open his inventory, bringing out two items. Maiden's Kiss and Bialas's Bindings. "Neither of the items here are demonic, but they are the closest to anything special that I own myself" He would pick up the curve blade first. It wasn't special looking, just a clean blade, easily showing reflections. Its guard was gold, and at the base of the blade, an odd inscription of undecipherable runes. "I don't get to use this much per accordance of my build, but this is a holy weapon by the name of Maiden's Kiss. This was a gift by from a retiring frontliner by the name of Seul. I will keep ahold of it until I can use it properly or find someone else that I deem worthy of it" He would put the weapon back in his inventory and point to the two bracers on the table. "This item was gifted to me from Calrex after the last boss fight. Basically gives me immunity to paralyze and redemption if I miss my target" He would actually leaves those out, equipping them. 

"Your gauntlets do anything special?" he would ask before taking another few bites of his food. 

@Stryder

Sky was in awe of the two items, though mainly the sword. He had started out using a one handed straight sword, and although that was a curved straight sword, he still was kinda jealous of the guy. Though he had changed his skill set a long time ago... Yet he couldn't help but smile at the name of the Holy sword. 'Maidens Kiss'.

Thats such a sweet name... Especially when compared to the 'Accursed Souls' ... These things are evil, but, i think i have managed to tame them. For now. Who knows how much more they can grow.

A name quickly appeared in his mind as he said it, Calrex. He remembered him, barely. He had seen him at the festival awhile back, around... Summer. He had been the only other martial arts user he had ever seen.

"Calrex... Is he that martial art user with blue hair? I think iv met him once, at the summer festival fighting the fight bot... He was amazing, i actually look up to him, wouldn't mind meeting him one day. As for these gloves.... They aren't to special - " He starts to say, raising the grey stone gloves he was wearing, a small shimmer of the rainbow shards seen when a monster is killed flashing around them "They seem to gather more power as i kill other monsters, and as i level up. I'm guessing that when i reach a new platou of strength, they will to. They also never break, the durability being unlimited, so its nice. I can use them to abosrb some lighter impacts if i'm lucky, but thats not a stat, thats just me using the system to my benefit" He says, smiling at them. They were the thing he would never let go of. He would use this cursed power to get others out of this game... 

@Morgenstern

A the man would ask his question about Calrex, he would nod. "Calrex happens to be the top player of Aincrad currently. Basically, he has an overpowered Unique Skill that basically allows him to take only like half DMG after mitigation. Meaning, he can't be killed essentially. Not only that, he's about ten levels higher than the next players. He'll stay in the top until his Unique Skill is either Nerfed, or something else comes up to be able to counter it" he would say glumly. He always was kinda jealous of Calrex. the man could probably almost take on a boss himself. 'I wonder if Calrex was a beta Tester' He shook the thought out of his head. It wouldn't matter at this point. Jonathan would take a second to finish his food before resuming to talk. 

"I used to be the second best tank of Aincrad just behind him.... I think I'm top four now. There is just so many people that don't relax until they're the best. I've watched people thirty levels under me catch me in level. I just don't like living and breathing the game. Sometimes, a little fun or off time is needed you know?" He shrugged before looking outside. Him and the man must've already sat in the restaraunt for a good hour and a half. The sun was already beginning to set on the horizon. 

"We should start to get going or else we will have to wait til tommorow to do the quest" He stood, paying for his food as the waitress would bring the bill. A simple click of the blue button would work just fine. 

@Stryder

He finished off his food while he listened to Morg talking about Calrex, a player he was honestly interested about, and from what he was hearing he had a dam good reason to be interested. He seemed so powerful, and from what he can hear about this unique skill.... It made this guy seem like a god. He suddenly felt himself wanting one, though he had a very good feeling he wouldn't be able to. At least, not easily. Every player wanted tone, no player didn't, he was sure. They would all make the owner way to powerful. Morg seemed to be a little upset about the fact that people could just catch up and overtake him so easily, as it seemed a few had done that for him to get knocked down a few points.

"Sounds like a guy i should meet properly... Maybe after this floors boss battle, i'l have a reason and an opportunity to see him. That also sounds like a plan"  He said, paying for his own meal, and his dogs, before standing up. It was about time they went off to do this quest, he needed the experience.

@Morgenstern