<When Blood Taints the Shadow> Arabian Nights

Killer Route

Once again, Hidden awoke in the tavern, the Rusty Dagger on the second floor. From what she had heard from the owner Rex, none of the guys had come into the tavern looing for her and nobody was stationed outside. There was a problem though. She had grown restless. She was used to being able to spend time with Sey, find out cool information, or go out exploring. In here though, most of the Info brokers wanted information from her, and refused to give her information unless she gave them some. All she had gotten out of them was the name Shadow Walker wasn't quite common, except in the murder guilds and groups. There wasn't much to the name other than her appearance and her fighting style. No names, no faces. She was quite pleased with her work. She peeked out of the crack trough the door finding the tavern empty of players. She pushed open the door and walked forward, stopping in front of Rex. They hadn't talked much, but it seemed to her that Rex was pretty sympathetic for some reason. "i've grown bored" she told him. "I am going to sneak out and go do a certain quest. If I have not returned or gotten word to you by midnight tonight, tell Hikoru. It means I've most likely been captured, though I doubt that will happen" Rex nodded, seeming unhappy, but fine with the arrangement. 

Spoiler

Stats

Hidden

Level 32
HP
64 Energy
3 Accuracy
1 Evasion
12 Base Damage
48 Mitigation
1 Bleed
1 Paralyctic Venom
1 Phase
+1 LD
12 Hide Rating

Gear

<<Shadow's Infection>> // +1 Phase, +1 Paralyctic Venom, +1 Bleed
<<Shadow of Dusk>> // +36 Mit, +1 EVA
<<Shadow's Light>> // +3 ACC
              <<Umbra>> // +6 DMG

Battle Ready Inventory
<<Shadow's Eye>> // +3 LD

Skills

One Handed Dagger | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Search and Detect | Rank 1: +1 LD
                      Sneak and Hide | Rank 1: +2 Stealth Rating
                                                     Light Armor | Rank 3: +12 Mitigation                               
      E Familiar - DMG | Rank 3 +6 DMG
                                                              E Survival | No Ranks: Immunity to Environmental Effects
                                                  E Disguise | +1 ACC to Players - 5 Turn Cooldown

Skill Mods

After Rex nodded, Hidden turned to the door and opened it. The air of the morning was cool and crisp and not many players moved about. Making quick glances at the surrounding areas, she crouched down activating her <<Hide>> skill. Shadows moved to conceal her from all but the most aare of players, which wasn’t common of a morning. She crept forward, sneaking through the alley ways of the buildings. With the town’s teleport pad now in sight, she stood up and revealed herself, making herself as unsuspicious as possible. As she stood on the teleport pad, she quietly mouthed wheere she wanted to go, making it faint enough for only the pad to hear.

A flash of light burst as she emerged on the other side. As the light subsided, she was left in a sandy area with few buildings around. She was in the desert floor, floor five. She planed on taking the Arabian Nights quest, although she hadn’t read too much into it. She quietly moved forward, opening the door to a tavern. She walked silently forward, sitting next to a yellow cursored man, one of the few people in the establishment. The man looked solemnly at her before taking another swig of his beer. He had a tired and depressed look to him, as if he had been drinking away his sorrows. “You know,” he said quietly at first. “I once dwindled in a world of riches, a cave of wonders… prosperity. Golden coins to make any man’s family rich until it died out”

Edited by Hidden

Hidden was curious of this cave of wonders and gold. Having money wouldn’t be too bad, even if it was only a fake currency in a non-existing reality. “If you have such fortune, why is one such as yourself in such a sour mood,” Hidden asked. The man took another gulp of his drink, his glass already half empty since she arrived and it was full. “It all began with a couple of words” he said quietly. “My brother and I had discovered the cave…” His eyes opened wide as if he had just realized that he was exploiting information that he wanted kept secret. “Either way, we crossed thieves when interfering with something they wanted dearly. I think they are the ones responsible for my brother’s disappearance. If possible, could you go and see if you can find him… I would hate for something bad to have happened to him. I promise, upon your return, a large sum of col will have its way made to you” Hidden nodded to the man. He was a foolish drunk. She could just walk away fora a bit and then claim his brother was dead and she would still receive money. He also was trusting a hooded stranger to save his brother. She could be the thieves leader and she would have no idea.

Edited by Hidden

Hidden exited the tavern, tired of being in taverns period already. The smell of alcohol, the loud and noisy talking, the bribes and assassination deals. She had seen all of that in the Rusty Dagger. She hated the taste of alcohol, and never understood the point in the drunk feeling. Her very few friends in the real world would go to parties, spend their nights drinking and dancing and then occasionally sleeping with a boy. She always distracted such actions. Keeping her eye out for any people that might be looking for her, she mad her way through town, making it all the way out undisturbed. She sighed and made her way out of town. She was glad to be back to making progress. Hikoru had just sort of left, perhaps uninterested in her current standings. She had been well upkeep by Rex, but she missed Sey’s cooking. It always flustered her that Sey made the food and she didn’t really do anything for the relationship itself. She had always seen women making the food, not the hardworking men. A mile or two out, she finally came across her destination. A medium sized camp was drawn, with only a few thieves walking around, meaning most were probably out and about. In the center of the camp, a beaten man was tied to a wooden pole and gagged. She assumed that was her target she had to free. Sighing, she crouched down, beginning to use her sneak skill. She would sneak up on each of the targets.

98391 LD:11+1=12 Stealth Rating

Edited by Hidden

She crept silently forward, moving forward upon her opponent. The camp was surprisingly well upkeep, as if the leader had some sort of order and class. She found a few stashes of belongings, but decided not to loot them, knowing that some of them were probably dedicated as traps to capture any one infiltrating their base. She began to move forward towards Ali’s brother, but quickly was forced to retreat into the shadows as footsteps approached. As soon as ducked behind a tent, a ragged cloaked man with a mask covering his face entered her vicinity, seeming suspicious. He had probably heard her a bit, especially when she scurried toward the hiding place. As he slowly passed she crept forward and behind the man. She quickly came out of hiding, him giving a shout as he realized she was behind him. He quickly made a small cut on her arm, but she had already thrusted her dagger into the crook of his neck. He fell like a rock as a paralyze effect jolted through his body. She snickered, but was a bit annoyed to see that he was all fine with a few slivers of health remaining. He should’ve just died and saved her the trouble. She would have to kill him quickly or else the other thieves might start arriving and trying to kill her as a group. As a dagger user, she didn’t have any AoE to deal with large groups.

98392 BD:8 - 12*13=153-25=131 DMG Dealt
98393 BD:8 CD:9 - Tri Pierce = 3*6=18-48=1 DMG Dealt

Hidden 639/640 <> 52/64 | 12 DMG, 48 MIT, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, Phase, 24 Bleed, Para Venom(8-10)

Thief 1  4/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG <<Paralyzed>>

• Side Bite - 2x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-4]
  • Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 5-8]
  • Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10]
  • Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 1-5]
  • Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 6-10]
Edited by Hidden

The thief looked at her with fierce eyes, the unyielding eyes of a warrior. If it wasn’t just a programming thing with it, she would give him some sort of credit. To look death in the face wasn’t easy. She decided to make it quick for the man, thrusting her dagger into his chest. He quickly shattered after that and she moved forward. She almost made it out of the area and away from the next thief, but the second thief had already caught up to her. Wielding a curved sword in a reverse grip, the thief slashed at her, but she managed to parry it with her dagger, knocking him a bit off balance. Instead of taking the advantage there, she leapt backwards. She had to lead the thief away from the main part of the camp and his allies. She ducked back through the tents, going to where she had entered the camp from. Turning, she confirmed the thief was still in hot pursuit. He was brandishing his weapon and ready to avenge his friend that she had killed.

98396 BD:4+3 - 12*4=48-25=23 DMG Dealt

Hidden 639/640 <> 52/64 | 12 DMG, 48 MIT, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, Phase, 24 Bleed, Para Venom(8-10) <<Paral

Thief 1  0/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG <<Paralyzed>>

• Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 1-5]
  • Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12, MD roll 6-10]
Edited by Hidden

She now stood in front of the thief, her dagger and his curved sword the only thing in between them. The man lunged forward, slashing his blade at her in a spinning motion. She quickly crouched to dodge, but the man quickly changed motion, cutting through her chest. Moving her arm, she glared angrily at the thief that had just cut through her breasts. He was lucky her cloak didn’t rip a it would in the real world. I’m engaged and I don’t appreciate men touching me” She lunged forward, thrusting her dagger into the man, bringing his health and body down. The man’s blade skidded away from him, and when he moved to grab it, she stepped on his wrist. “Going somewhere?” she asked him. He quickly moved his fist, trying to punch her leg, she easily dodged and kicked him in the face sending him sprawling backwards. She laughed stepping backwards. “It’s useless give it up. I am here for your prisoner. His retrieval is going to give me a good some of col” She prepared her dagger, ready to finish the thief.

98397 BD:7 - 12*13=153-25=131 DMG Dealt
98398 CD:9 CD:2 = Infinite - 8*5=40 -48=1 DMG

Hidden 638/640 <> 37/64 | 12 DMG, 48 MIT, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, Phase, 24 Bleed, Para Venom(8-10) 

Thief 2  4/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG

Edited by Hidden

Hidden held her weapon tightly before thrusting the weapon into her target. The target turned into pixels and she would stand straight, crouching down to move back down into her stealthed position. She had two guarding thieves remaining that she would have to take out before finding Ali. She crept through, finding herself looking into a few tents that ended up having only a bedroll in it. She had a house, and wasn't exactly interested in taking a bedroll used by a nasty NPC. She crept forward, moving even closer to the center of the camp. She found herself forced to stop after hearing movements. She peered around a corner and seen another thief, currently unawares of her presence. She quietened her breathing and prepared herself to dispatch the next enemy. It was gonna be pretty easy in her opinion. 

98399 BD:10 - 14*13=182-12=160 DMG Dealt - Phase, 2 Turns of Bleed 24, Paralyzed

Hidden 638/640 <> 34/64 | 12 DMG, 48 MIT, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, Phase, 24 Bleed, Para Venom(8-10) 

Thief 2  0/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG

Edited by Hidden
  • 4 weeks later...

Hidden focused herself on the enemy coming toward her and as he rounded the corner she began to spring into action. She attacked as silent and as swift as a shadow, kicking him in the chest. The man sprawled backwards, his surprise quickly becoming anger and alertness. He pulled out a curved sword, coming at her. With a smile, she quickly dodged a slash at her body by rolling to her right side. She pushed off of her foot, springing herself at the enemy at a high speed. The man caught himself and turned his weapon toward her. She laughed and activated her <<Disguise Skill>> turning into the man. Now with the man's aesthetics, she attacked and brought him down to low health. He drew back, seeming pained by her attack. "Well, this is the end for you" She said, moving her dagger into a reverse grip. 

98399 BD:2+3+1 - 12*13=153-25=128 DMG Dealt 
MD:2

Hidden 638/640 <> 23/64 | 12 DMG, 48 MIT, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, Phase, 24 Bleed, Para Venom(8-10) 

Thief 4  8/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG

Edited by Hidden
  • 1 month later...

Hidden smiled darkly as she brought her dagger up to finish the man. The brought his hands and arms to cover his face and body, to try and prevent the inevitable. She began to charge her weapon a dark orange energy coming from the weapon. "You're not the first or the last to die by my hand"  She thrust her weapon downward, aiming at the man. Her blade was thrusted through the chest of her opponent, the man shattering into pixels. Taking a breath, she resheathed her dagger. That was the last of her opponents. She had somehow managed to sneak her way through and kill all four of the enemies that prowled around the quest area. She darted through the rest of the area, finding the center. A man was tied to a post. It appeared that he was covered in cuts and bruises, indicating that he had endured some kind of punishment or torture. "At last, I have come to the objective of my quest" The man looked up seeing her. His eyes became wide and fearful. "I told you already, we don't know anything about a treasure room!" Hidden frowned, confused. 'The treasure Ali was taking about earlier?'

101134 BD:4+3=7 HIT

Edited by Hidden

She quickly moved to the man, cutting the rope bindings and the man was now free. "Let's  go Cassin" She said and man looked curiously at her. "You aren't with the thieves?" She shook her head. "i am my own entity who goes and gets what it wants" The man nodded, reassured now. He spit something out of his mouth sliding it onto his finger. "What's that?" The man would smile and repeat, "It is the reason it took so long for the theives to find me in the first place. It increases both luck and your hiding skill" She thought over this for a second before saying, "Hand it over. It is useful for someone like me" The man glowered at her. "Over my dead body. This is my most valuable possession" Hidden shook her head. "A more valuable possession over your life. You're an NPC and I get my rewards either way" She quickly unsheathed her dagger, darting forward and thrusting her dagger into the man's chest. A fearful pained looked was shown by his face before he burst into pixels, his ring falling to the ground. 

<<Orange Cursored>>

+1 Cassin's Ring 

The body of the man shattered into blue pixels that sparkled around her. The color of her cursor lost its green and faded into a dark orange color the color of a killer. Blood was now on her hands. Innocent blood. She bent over to pick up the golden ring that had fallen from the man's hand, picking it up and examining it. She had killed a man for... an item? She was actually a bit dissapointed in herself. She shook the thought from her head. "He was an NPC, I have nothing to be ashamed of" Even though sh said this to herself, she felt the feeling that she had just opened herself to a life of crime. A dark hand was clutched around her heart. Her actions had been made out of Greed. She forced her legs to move, trying to move on from the crime she had just committed. "What will Sey think of my actions? To become married to a murder of cold blood must be just a disgrace to think about... I can't face him about this" She at least needed to go lie to ALi, saing that his brother had been dead before she arrived.

She made her way back through the camp, making sure she moved hastily before the mobs would respawn. They respawned every fifteen minutes she believed. She managed to make it out unhindered by anything but her thoughts. Thoughts of her previous murder began to resurface. Her conscience trickled away, threatening a flashback of the moment. She brought her hands to her head, pulling at the hood that lie there. "Am I a monster for what I have done?" Footsteps brought her back into reality and she turned, finding two thieves obviously in pursuit of her. "I don't feel bad for killing these men. It is no different than Cassin" She forced herself to move, but it seemed she was down about the fight as she began it.. She had killed Cassin out of want, not protection. She stopped. 

'And I got what I wanted didn't I?' A smile trickled to her mouth. 'For the first time  ever, I got something I wanted. That was only possible using force and power that I have earned here in this game'

She smiled, ready for the enemies to come. A darker gleam in her eyes. A lighter part of her consience still wondering if she had done something wrong, put darkness had overcome that through want. 

A darker side of Hidden shone through, a side where the pain of the past corrupted her very thoughts. She would have to wear herself out before she would become normal. hearing the footsteps closing in, she laughed and spun around on her heel. She let her weapon charge up, her aura becoming black instead of the normal orange. She would have more power, but it would be almost uncontrollable. From her position, she would zip forward, holding her blade at an angle to cut open the flesh to the ribs. The blade would cut cleanly through, and the man would yell before being dusted into pixels. She turned toward the last thief who now seemed apprehensive to approach her. "Shadows have rolled restless in the darkness, it was time for me to let them out" She stood in a battle ready position as the man charged her. She let him come, his blade grazing her side. He dealt minimum damage and she just smiled cooly. 

10148 BD:9 - 13*13=169-13=156 Damage
10149 MD:8 CD:2 - 6*2=12 DMG - 48MIT= 1 DMG taken

Hidden 638/640 <> 23/64 | 12 DMG, 48 MIT, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, Phase, 24 Bleed, Para Venom(8-10) 

Thief 5  0/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG

Thief 6  135/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG

Edited by Hidden

Her face shifted into a dark look, angry about the cut across her stomach. Of course, the abrasion was already beginning to close up. "It was fun while it lasted" She dashed forward, her speeds entirely outmatching her opponents. She passed her opponent before stopping completely while behind her opponent. From there, she would spin on her foot and aim three powerful attacks at his back. Her blade would meet its mark, but it appeared she had already ran out of the phase enhancement so it didn't cut through everything and kill him. IT did bring his health very low and she attempted to throw herself off of him before he managed to make a move. Her escape failed as the thief made a intelligent move to throw off of where he was going to attack from by pumping a kick before slicing his dagger with the left hand. His dagger pierced into her three times before she could get off him, her breathing now uneven. 

101160 BD:5+3 - 12*13=156-25=131 DMG
101161 MD:10 CD:10 -> Tri Pierce 8*3=24-48= 1 DMG

Hidden 637/640 <> 23/64 | 12 DMG, 48 MIT, 3 ACC, 1 EVA, Phase, 24 Bleed, Para Venom(8-10) 

Thief 5  0/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG

Thief 6  4/135 <> 25 MIT, 1 Savvy, 1 ACC, 6 DMG

Edited by Hidden

She straightened her posture, tightening the grip on the hilt of her dagger. She stepped forward, the grass flattening under her feet. The wind was cal, and the day seemed to begin to run short. "Well, seems I am running out of time" She darted forward, brandishing her dagger as she began her charge forward. Her dagger met its mark, the blade sinking easily into the man's chest as Phase reactivated. "And you are out of time" The man burst into pixels and left her alone with nothing. She sighed, turning back towards the town. The sands were beginning to become cold from the lack of sun as it was now just upon the horizon. A while after walking footsteps approached again. She pulled out her dagger, but a figure came into sight. She relaxed as it was just the dark haired boy, Nicholas Blackshade. "What's up, I thought I asked you to stay around town" The boy shook his head and replied, "Well, I did until I caught word that they had located you. They also took the time to ensure you wouldn't  be able to escape once they got near. They are less that a mile away, closing in fast" Hidden turned, seeing people in the distance. It appeared her carelessness and pride had gotten the best of her. They had managed to catch her and Hikoru wasn't around to save her this time. "Go and finish the quest for me, I will still end up recieving the money, but I will be fighting off these guys again" The man nodded and wisped into nothing as he used his hide Skill. 

101167 BD:9 - He's dead....

Edited by Hidden

She began to walk forward, ready to be facing possible death. It was a good few minutes before her and her opponents became in range for any kind of communication. She stopped in her tracks once she was able to see the face of her opponents. An older man with a large hammer and dark orange hair and facial hair stood in front of her, accompanied by two men in black martial artist fighting wear. 'I think they are called Gi's' she thought to herself. "Ah, Hidden, pleasure to be able to meet you again. I've been searching for you for quite some time. Now, ether you can give the details of Aereth's whereabouts, or we  will be taking you with us" Hidden laughed and replied, "You'll have to catch me first. I am stronger than you by far" Hidden dashed forward, her dagger in hand to strike the center man. If she could take down their leader, it was a possibility the two other men would fall into disorder making them easy targets. Feet away from the leader, a sharp hit snapped her on her side, knocking her far to the side. She rolled and tubled before catching herself back on her feet. One of the two martial arts man had come off his position and struck her from the side. 'I am faster, I can handle him' 

Hidden brandished her dagger, the orange glow brightening. She pushed off of the sandy ground, heading towards the opponent that had hit her. As she got near, she struck quickly, slicing her dagger in a pattern to kill. The man managed to move out of most of her attacks way, but many of them hit his chest or sides. Beginning her attack again, she would try to start an uppercut, but her opponent had  given her a well placed kick to her midsection. She went flying back from the blow, dazed from it. She flew  back into the other martial artist who made a powerful punch to her back, stopping her in the air. The would then bring his arms above his head and bring them crashing down on her, slamming her into the ground. She kneeled on the ground, eyesight blurry. Each of the Martial Artists put a hand on her shoulders. "Good job Martiallis Pair. You successfully brought down a potential threat. Now Hidden, this is your final chance to be let go. Where is Aereth?" She crouched down beside her, his face twisted in a grin. 

• 2 weeks later...

She spat at the foot of the leader of her captors and replied, "My answer has already been given" The man's face twisted angrily. "I will make you suffer until you tell" Hidden laughed. Replying, "Capturing me will earn you absolutely nothing except a problem. It would only be a matter of time before someone would find out what happened" Grunting, the man stared into her eyes. He smiled, shaking his head before lifting his sleeve to reveal a tattoo on his inner wrist. The symmbol for the Laughing Coffin Guild rested there. Her eyes went wide, understanding now the true danger she was in. She would be used to bring Aereth or anyone who attempted to save her right into the clutches of the murder guild. The man raised his hammer, the grip of the martial artists holding her more tightly. The man then would bring down his hammer, the end of it crushing down on her. Her head slammed into the ground, the force  of the attack brought her vision to a complete blur, before going black. The force of the blow must have overloaded the game system, that and the concussive force brought her into unconsciousness.

The girl awoke a while later, taking only seconds to regain awareness. She tried to move,but found herself bound to a post.. Her arms were bound outward, letting her know her post was more of a cross. Finally, she noticed she didn't have her cloak on. She looked down at herself, finding herself to be in a ripped version of her T-shirt and shredded combat pants. Her ripped T-shirt displayed her black bra in several places, thankfully it seemed that the system code of ethics had protected her from the worst of things. "W-where am I?" It was dark, and it appeared she sat in an old, rundown building. She sat in the very center of it and moonlight crept in through shattered windows about where the celiing was. She struggled against her restraints one final time  before giving up. Her restrains were made of rope, meaning they could be cut, but she would require her weapon for that, and the free movement of her arms. She closed her eyes, her face solemn. The game would not allow any painful tortures for information, but if they could find a way to mentally break her or kill Sey, she would... Sey. A tear crept to her eye. Would she see him again? It had been two days since she had last seen him, and he had no idea she was in the least bit of danger. 

As a party member during the quest, Nicholas's first job was to finish the quest. The extra Skill points from the quest. He entered the tavern, facing Ali. Upon not seeing his brother enter with him, his face became depressed, unaudible words coming from his mouth. He handed over a pouch, but as sooon as Nicholas touched it col was immidiately transferred into both his and Hidden's accounts. He would now go and talk to someone who didn't even know him. Sey would be the first to jump to action when Hidden was in trouble. She was his Fiancee after all. 

Summary of Thread

3 SP
15,400 Col
Cassin's Golden Ring - 2 LD, +1 Hide Rank

Edited by Hidden