[SP-F11] Silver and Gold; A Reunion of Frenemies

Vigilon had been told that some of the monsters on this floor were actually manageable for a player like him to deal with one by one. Thus, he decided to take the opportunity to go and gather some materials to make tier two items for his shop. This now looked like an opportunity for him, so why not? "Sure, I'm heading towards the gate of this nice little settlement, Taft, and I'm about to go into the wilds of a tier two floor on my own...what could go wrong?" Granted, he did slightly expect something to go wrong, but what would happen would be ridiculously unexpected, and would have a not so good encounter waiting for him. As he was walking over to the settlement's gate, someone else had finished a task of theirs, and would prepare to head back to the safe zone. That is, until the unexpected encounter would occur. "Well, that's that. Let's go back to Taft, and see if there's anything else for us. The day's still young, after all."

Vigilon walked outside the gate, and within a few minutes, he was searching in the forest. He spotted a chunk of ore sticking out of the ground, and with some difficulty, pulled it out of the ground. "Ah, there! A tier two material! Too bad the only use I have for it is to make an item I can't use out of it... At least it'll make me some decent Col." He continued on, keeping an eye out for any more materials and ore, as well as making sure he wasn't going to run blindly into a bunch of mobs. Meanwhile, close by, two players were getting closer and closer to his location. "The more we train and search, the closer we get to reaching our goals. I won't be giving up on this easily." Vigilon stopped as he heard the familiar voice. He slowly turned to the right, and he rubbed his eyes. "Someone tell me I'm hallucinating."

ID# 98526 LD: 18+1=19(+1 T2 Mat)

Edited by Vigilon

The two players had stopped, and were looking at Vigilon. "You just look so familiar to someone I know. Care to introduce yourself or something?" He only needed some confirmation to what he thought was absolutely impossible. The player cleared her throat, and spoke. "I am known by multiple names. Auranika, The Golden Dragon, The Angelic Warrior, and even more. But you may call me: Lady April." "Not gonna happen. I refuse to call you that." Auranika sighed. "Well, you haven't changed at all." "Come on, April, you know I'm not going to. Not in the way you'd wish." "Time and time again, you always choose not to do what is better off for you, Alex. You- hey, I'm speaking to you here!" Vigilon had began walking in search of a specific thing as she was talking. He found and picked up a stone. "Hang on, I just want to see if my analogy follows through. I'm going to throw this rock and see if it flies."

Auranika:

Spoiler

Auranika:

Auranika.jpg.54bb7a30ccec07cb69dbc6d3d7accdfe.jpg

Auranika's Armor(Basically this armor, but it's gold. Yes, the wings exist, but...they are made of metal, they do not make anything fly, and are purely for vanity effect):

Angelic_Armor.thumb.jpg.843728e3131328f689f2e5f0cea5a137.jpg

Auranika's Familiar(He is slightly smaller than a large dog. His name is Arulux):

Arulux.jpg.217442c5454667425245c063ac1a4aa5.jpg

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon threw the stone. It fell right down to the ground. "Eh, the impossible still happened." He looked back to Auranika, and noticed that it wasn't just a player that was near her. Coming to her side was a golden dragon that was almost the size of a large dog. It stared at Vigilon, as if trying to figure him out. "Easy now, Arulux. He's no threat. Well, no real threat..." Veriost took that as an offense. The small white frost dragon took flight and landed in front of Arulux. She opened her maw, ready to breathe frost, and Arulux rolled his eyes and completely swatted her aside. Vigilon looked to the other player. "And you are...?" The other player stood tall and firm, and he said, "I am Renixx, the Cobalt Warrior. A Guardian of the Guild, The Angelic Brigade, begun by yours truly, Lady April!" Vigilon looked back at Auranika. "So you spread that title here, too?" "It was his choice."

Renixx:

Spoiler

Renixx.jpg.b5c4ca31b37966afdd97f03413ff102a.jpg

Edited by Vigilon

"...Yeah...so, anyways, what's with that getup? Trying to blind people?" "I think the question you're looking for is 'how have you been'." "Stop trying to change the subject to something absolutely casual at a time like this. The impossible just happened; you're here, in this game." "So you thought I've never picked up a controller in my life?" "Well I've never seen you holding one, much less talk about gaming whenever I was around." "...That's true." Renixx was still upset about Vigilon's comment on Auranika's Armor. "Such elegant craftsmanship was forged by Lady April herself, and when she equipped it for the first time, the bells tolled!" "Yeah, yeah, yeah, 'whenever a bell rings an angel earns it's wings'... No. That would have purely been a coincidence." "I'm starting to think you're jealous. Why don't you calm down, Alex, and we can continue this talk peacefully." "Oh, boy, here we go..."

Vigilon sighed, crossed his arms, and waited for Auranika to speak. "First off, You could use some better gear yourself. That tacky coat isn't going to help you very much is it? Or was there some reason you took it? Second, I believe there may be some small kind of thing which you might carry within you that I might not have and could certainly use in my Guild. What do you say, Alex? Do you wish to join our brigade?" "First off, I'm trying to start my own Guild. Second, I'd rather humiliate myself than join you." Renixx was offended. "Lady April has been rejected before, but never so flatly and rudely! I-" "Easy, Renixx, I actually kind of expected this response. So you really haven't changed at all, have you, Alex?" "Hey, I've changed somewhat, just not in the way you'd want." "How are you doing with trying to start a Guild? I've already established mine, and I have five players who would stand by me in total. I have equipment that can pulverize monsters like no tomorrow. What do you have?" Vigilon smirked as he made his answer. "A smaller ego."

Edited by Vigilon

Auranika's expression and response were completely expected. "Wha- Why you little-!" Renixx wasn't too happy about Vigilon's choice of words either. "How dare you!" "Ha ha ha, you did always react so easily to such words! You haven't changed very much towards me, either! Chances are, we've both changed, but it doesn't look like anything between us has!" Auranika pulled up her menu and sent something to Vigilon before pulling out her two handed assault spear. Vigilon saw a challenge notification pop up on his menu, and he pressed accept, and set the victory condition to half loss. "Right, let's see what you've got!" Veriost came to Vigilon's side, and the small white frost dragon's teeth were bared. Renixx looked to Auranika and said, "There's no need to deal with this, i can handle it." Auranika looked back to him and said, "No. This is my fight. You don't need to worry yourself over this."

Auranika has challenged Vigilon to a duel!

Vigilon has accepted the challenge.

Set victory conditions to Half Loss.

"So, are we gonna do this, or what?" Auranika held her weapon straight, her armor's metal wings...moving? They straightened, and spread spread out wide, to their wingspan. Quite a distance if you were to ask Vigilon. "...Okay, so your wings can move. Nice perk....maybe." "I learned of it by experience. They can't make the wearer fly, but they can move, and compliment my fighting style, too." Vigilon pulled out his own weapon, White Blade...then he thought better of it. He sheathed the blade, and went to his inventory to switch his weapon. The sword and it's sheath disappeared, and black leather gloves appeared on Vigilon's hands. "Better off I try my new weapon type out for a spin." Auranika smirked. "Despite your reckless behavior, you're thinking of the right skill to use right now. How well have you grown in that skill?" "Not enough to be the exact best, but I'll still show you." Sadly, Vigilon had NO idea what he'd gotten himself into.

(Vigilon)ID# 98749 LD: 6

(Auranika)ID# 98750 LD: 1

Vigilon has won the Initiative roll, and will be going first.

Turns left: 15

Vigilon's stats and equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  22
HP:  440
EN:  49(Base[44], Energist[5])

Damage: 8(Martial Arts Rank 2[+4], Veriost[+3])

Items:

[Equipped] Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[Equipped] Sunset's Light(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

[Equipped] Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

White Blade(2 Damage, 1 Bleed)

Skills:

One handed straight sword Rank 2

Energist

Martial Arts Rank 2

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Auranika's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level 27

HP 540

Energy 54

48 Mitigation

2 Evasion

2 Accuracy

2 Paralyze

1 Thorns(18 DMG)

14 Base Damage(THAS Rank 5[+7], Arulux[+6])

Items:

Heaven’s Reach(1 ACC, 2 Paralyze)

Angelic Golden Armor(2 Mit, 1 Thorns)

Angelic Blessing(1 ACC, 2 EVA)

Skills:

Two-handed Assault Spear Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Heavy Armor Rank 2

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was now ready to fight his frenemy. Of course, this was the first non-struggle fight he'd ever had with her. He took a look at his opponent's stance, and noticed that Renixx had moved out of the way. Good call, since this may get ugly. He looked to Veriost, and said, "Ice blade." With the Sword Art Vigilon had in mind, this little combo would be compatible. He rushed for his opponent. Veriost took flight alongside him, and used her frost breath to coat Vigilon's hands in ice, due to the Sword Art he was planning to use. He attempted to attack with Delayed Sword, but Auranika moved out of the way. "A fair attempt, but you'll need to come up with better attack patterns. Arulux! Golden Fury!" Arulux took flight and unleashed his breath attack upon Vigilon. "Yol...Toor Shul!!!" Auranika followed that attack using Dimension Stampede, Forcing Vigilon down a few inches into the ground. Vigilon found himself unable to move, and his HP was almost in the yellow. "Aaagggggggggaaaahhhhh....."

(Vigilon)ID# 98751 BD: 3+1-2=2(Miss)

(Auranika)ID# 98752 BD: 9(Critical! +1 Base DMG)

Turns left: 14

Dimension Stampede- 15x15-9=216

Vigilon: HP: 224/440, EP 47/49 (216/220 HP Depleted) }Paralyzed{

Opponent:

Auranika: HP 540/540, EP 37/54 (0/270 HP Depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

He couldn't move his limbs. He looked to his HP, and noticed he'd also been afflicted by a status ailment. "P-paralysis?? ...D...D-dang it!" Auranika stepped forward and stood tall, metal wings fully spread out, and weapon in hand. "Honestly...that was pathetic. Did you seriously think you stood a chance with what you were up against?" "I didn't know I was up against that until now!" "You know nothing? Of the power that a tier two player can wield? What level are you even? You hardly stood a chance! From what I know, your potential was wasted! You really need to grasp the seriousness of the problem here! Just...how have you survived this long?" Vigilon thought for a minute and said, "Got lucky, I guess." There were indeed times where he was lucky enough to get out of a sticky situation, but most of what he had been through was with the help of an ally. Either way, he'd lived.

[Paralysis Refrains Vigilon from taking action, and nullifies evasion]

(Auranika)ID# 98778 BD: 2+2=4(Miss)

Turns left: 13

Vigilon: HP: 224/440, EP 48/49 (216/220 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Auranika: HP 540/540, EP 36/54 (0/270 HP Depleted)

Edited by Vigilon
  • 1 month later...

Vigilon knew he would lose, but if he was going to lose, he'd do it while having done some damage. He managed to get himself out of the Vigilon-shaped hole and attack Auranika with the Sword Art known as Delayed Sword. Auranika did nothing but sigh at his attempt. Sure, he'd managed to hit her, but...did her HP even change?? He also felt a tingle in his hands. When he looked at his HP and saw that it had dropped to yellow he realized what happened. "Thorns." "...Crap..." The duel result appeared between the two players, declaring Auranika's victory. "You...are completely hopeless. That is, if you keep going at this current rate. Do you really want a Guild? Then maybe you should learn from your betters first." Vigilon shook his head. "My answer is still no. Heh, my betters, you say? Ha! Maybe we'll see about that one day, when I grow in level and drop this skill."

(Vigilon)ID# 99763 BD: 7+1-2=6(Hit)

Delayed Sword- 8x4-48=1

Thorns damage: Vigilon takes 18 DMG

[Duel Ended!]

Vigilon: HP: 206/440, EP 45/49 (234/220 HP Depleted) DEFEAT

Opponent:

Auranika: HP 539/540, EP 37/54 (1/270 HP Depleted) VICTORY

Edited by Vigilon
  • 1 month later...

"Anyways, why are you actually trying to get followers of all kinds, and build an extreme reputation here? For myself, I prefer to just let reputation do what it does, and rise and/or fall naturally, and not tamper with it. Besides, some of those followers, or even you, could die here." Auranika's expression made Vigilon believe she thought he was stupid for a minute. "Ahaha, you're seriously asking me that? For one, I know full well that death is a possibility. With the power I currently have, it's a pretty low chance, soon to be lower as I become stronger. You know why I'm doing this. You figured it out back in high school." Vigilon knew it all too well. Auranika's lifelong goal was to be known of, cared about, and respected by as many people as possible. "I can find people to help around Aincrad, who may end up being potential friends and allies, and as a Guild, we can all grow in strength and power, eventually rising to the top."

"...And?" "And once we're free, just think of what the headlines will be! 'Woman Escapes the Death Game, Sword Art Online'...I'm sure someone might be able to come up with something better than that...but it should still spread the word about me and my abilities!" "Oh, brother..." Vigilon facepalmed. He should have seen that coming. If it was an opportunity to bring her closer toward her goal, she was likely to do it. "April...you gotta get over this whole thing. No mater how big your house is, how recent your car is, how big your bank account is, or even how many people know of, care about, and respect you, all of our graves are going to be the same size. Stay humble, would you?" Auranika scoffed. "Why don't you say that to the Ancient Egyptians?" Vigilon couldn't believe what he was hearing, despite that she had a point. "Are you freaking kidding me, April?"

Edited by Vigilon

Auranika realized Vigilon had taken it a little too far. "N-not that that's what I'm asking from others! No, not at all! I mean, it would be nice, but, I'd definitely let others choose to." Vigilon looked at Auranika with an uninterested face. "So...low-key hoping for it, right? So much for staying humble..." "If you could stop jumping to conclusions like that-" "It's nothing against you, it's just-" "Hold on, don't tell me this is Amelia's doing, is it? Has she influenced you?" Vigilon wasn't surprised at those words. Amelia was one of Vigilon's few friends from the real world. Both April and Amelia were popular, with plenty of friends. All April had to do was ask Amelia one thing, and Amelia only had to respond with, "You have zero hold on me, I'm not taking orders from you." and boom, Enmity. "Influence? Nah, influence has nothing to do with it. Are you putting the blame on her over the free spirit you couldn't possibly hope to win over?"

"I learned the hard way that she is unruly." "Unruly? Pfft, she's not 'unruly', she's a free spirit; uninhibited. Heck, she managed to see through something that you placed in your own social system without realizing!" Auranika pointed her weapon at Vigilon. "We will not speak of that assumption." Vigilon was unimpressed with Auranika's gesture. "Seriously, if you're that ticked off about her finding that...ok, fine, I admit she ended up starting a rumor that began some conflict that some students considered a civil war, and-" Renixx couldn't stay silent a minute longer. "I'm sorry to interrupt...but...do the both of you...have a long history? Vigilon looked towards him. "Well...yes. We've known each other since high school." Renixx nodded, having enough context to understand what the two players were talking about. "Alright then...carry on." "It wasn't a civil war until Amelia got involved. Originally, it was one on one, but as soon as she got involved..."

"Oh, I remember this one. You and a few others considered it a civil war, while everyone else, including me, knew it as the War of Pranks. That bucket trap? Classic. Then again, I was only just warming up that time." "Amelia took interest, and sided with you, causing more and more to take sides." "Thus eventually setting a new record for Detentions in one semester." "Hmph, it was because of two reasons that it happened that way. First, that the sides were uneven when Amelia stepped in. Second, that two students high in popularity, up against one another? You can bet there will be taking sides. However, the only thing I couldn't understand was why people would side with, and consider popular, someone so unruly." "Free Spirit. You say 'unruly', I say Free Spirit. Tomato tamato, potato patato." Clearly, this subject was going to linger for at least a small while...

"Do remember that time, when she smuggled water balloons into the school, just so she could throw them at my face?" Vigilon remembered that surprise attack Amelia had pulled. Heck, he'd witnessed it. She was hiding around the corner, with a container holding freshly filled water balloons at her feet. She poked her head out looking for Auranika, and once she was spotted, she grabbed two of the water balloons, and Vigilon decided to stay and see what happens. Amelia's surprise attack had worked, and my, was there a chaotic mess, with Auranika shouting at Amelia while she laughed, the innocents having the occasional slip from the water that came from the balloons that had missed, as well as the incident's closing where all the students fled once the school staff showed up. "Yeah. You could have seen it coming, but you didn't." "It had to be on picture day, too."

Edited by Vigilon

"From what I'm hearing, you believe she is merely a free spirit, and Lady April says that she is an unruly scourge. She sounds like quite the troublemaker to me." Vigilon looked at Renixx. "Well, there's a major difference in our points of view, seeing that Amelia is a friend of mine, and to April, she is an enemy. To be honest, I'm not surprised that your opinion sides with April's. You have chosen to be in a Guild lead by her, so it would make sense that you would trust her judgement." Auranika responded with, "She is a scourge. She is disruptive, to both order and society." Vigilon sighed. At this rate there would be no end to the conflict these two happen to have. Vigilon looked around to see if there was anything around, simply because he had the chance to look for materials since he was still outside the safe zone. It seemed that this general area seemed to be empty.

ID# 101605 LD: 9+1=10(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

"Amelia claims that you made the system into something like this: 'those who are popular are given power, but this power is not used to bully others. Instead, it is used to grant yourself benefits, and the attention and adoration of all around you.' She also claimed that 'the top three most popular have power over the others that are popular, but not over each other, for they are considered equals, despite that the one on the very top is assured to stay there, no matter what happens, and is the head of the system.' And who was at the top of that system again? You. This is only what she told me. I half agree with it." Auranika seemed really upset over this. "She made an assumption, and she even had the audacity to call me corrupt!" "She merely thinks that you're selfish, even though time and time again, all that you wanted was to be known of, cared about, and respected by as many as possible. Everyone has that moment of exaggeration, April. There's no need to react like that, you know."

All three players were headed back to the safe zone now. "I doubt I'll be able to keep my composure if this continues. May I suggest that we change the subject?" "Well, sure. You keep asking me to join you, I keep telling you no. you say that you're better than me, but I'm already growing stronger and stronger...so, how about we see who can be stronger and more valued?" Auranika seemed to take mild interest. "Hm, I can see where that's going. So you would like us to be rivals in terms of how strong we are, as well as our general progress towards our goals?" "...Well, actually, yes." Renixx scoffed like this would be child's play. "We already know who will prevail." "I couldn't agree more. This will be all too easy." Vigilon kept his eye out for anything else as they walked back to the safe zone. Absolutely nothing. "We'll see about that soon enough. Silver or Gold... We'll see the answer eventually..."

ID# 101607 LD: 8+1=9(Failed to find a chest)

Summary:

Vigilon receives 1 SP, 400 Col, and 1 T2 Mat

Edited by Vigilon