[ SP - F03 ] New Lives <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Spangie sat quietly on a rock beside a small tree, her thoughts racing through her head. It's hard to imagine life without Apricot.. even if I've only had her for a few weeks.. she sighed bitterly. I'm so stupid.. why did I let her die? Stupid! Stupid! I can't do anything right! She rubbed her palms into her eyes. So dumb! She quietly sobbed, her breathing was shaggy with grief and sorrow. "I'm so stupid..! How could I let her die?!" She shrieked, her mind going insane. It's your fault, it's your fault, it's your fault that shes dead! She repeated over and over in her head.

Not until a familiar voice spoke to her did she look up. "Ah, your familiar has died has it not?" She looked up, her eyes red and watery from her cries. And there she was, the same old lady who had given her the quest to get Apricot. You..

Edited by Spangie

The blonde player wiper her face and quickly got up. "Ah! Yes.. yes it has.." she tried her best not to break down in tears right then and there. Her fists were clutched together, not feeling anything of course. What does this lady want now? She sniffed and rubbed her elbows nervously.

"Do you want another one?" 

These words made the player freeze, as if all of her nerves in her body froze. W-what? Get a new familiar..? She stood there, wide eyed at the old gypsy. "Y-you mean I can get another o-one?" she maneged to choke out, her breathing a bit ragged. If I do get another one.. I'd feel like I'd be betraying Apricot.. she gulped down sorrowfully. She looked up at the lady and nodded her head fiercely. "I'll do it. I'll do the quest."

The old gypsy nodded her head and gave a small bag to Spangie. "I wish you luck," and with that, she left. I wonder what I'll get this time.. she sighed and rubbed her eyes. Where to look.. she scmamed the area. It was deprived of any trees. Just flowers, fields and fields of flowers. Maybe if I can just.. walk around, maybe I'll find something.. she sighed to herself and started hiking forwards a random goal.

What will I get? Will they be friendly like Apricot? She gave a sniff as she threaded forward. "Nothing can replace Apricot though," she muttered to herself, her boots clicking with the fading brick road. "She's just irreplaceable," she whispered, her eyes burning. Then my new familiar will have to replace my loneliness. She thought tiredly, her feet weaving through blossoms. This game has suddenly turned in a monotone shade.. she gripped her hands and sigh. Why? Why is the color draining out of my life so suddenly?

Edited by Spangie

She giggled at the thought of Apricot, her restlessness, the way she chirped. Will I ever hear that again? She whimpered, tears threatening to spill. Think happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts. She shook her head, tight long grasping it sight her hands. No more, there's no more Apricot.. don't think.. think about the times when you were happy.. she choked, her eyes becoming watery. What.. about those times with Pinball.. we killed.. that things together, Apricot wasn't there fighting of course but she was with me. She gave a sad smile, tears spilling out of her face at this moment, not sad tears, but happy Andy joyful tears. Things were so easy. She rubbed her eyes and sobbed.

We had a good time fighting.. and that chest monster thing attacked us.. the way it knocked Pinball back al,at made me laugh.. she gave a small chuckle and walked on, her feet wading through the fields of flowers. And when we ran away.. we felt so free. She looked down a tree each and every flower she walked by. Why has the color from the world gotten so dark?

The player weaved through the endless grass. Or that time when I actually caught her.. Mina- Shin was there.. he looked a tiny bit surprised when I caught her.. I bet he never thought I'd actually catch a familiar.. she chuckled, looking up at the sky. Her eyes widened when she realized it was already getting dark. They sky was a pale yellow and with bright orange streaks, and the sun was only half visible upon the horizon. It's already this dark..? Oh well, I'm not that tired anyways.. I'll keep looking. She shook her head and sighed, her feet crunching through the grass under her. 

What if I can never find one? What if I'll be without a companion until death? Her lips quivered at the thought of this, think positive.. she gulped, the sky was soon turning a red and purple color, the sun almost completely out of sight.

Maybe I shouldn't have stayed out.. monsters can come out of nowhere and attack me.. she looked around cautiously, the moon was now high above the sky, a silver glow radiating from it. "Bad idea.. bad idea.." she muttered under her shaggy breath. This night could literally be the end of me. She gulped and looked around her area. Maybe I should stop? She thought to herself. The area she was in only consulted of bright flowers, and fields of grass. Where would I even go? She shook her head. I should just keep walking, I can see everything in a miles radius anyways. She sighed and hiked forward.

She gave a small yawn after a few minutes of walking. I can't get tired now.. not in this area.. any monster could pop out or something.. she squinted and lazily kept on walking. Life's is hard when you're stuck in a death game..

She stuck out her tongue miserably as she grew more and more tired. Maybe I should just find a spot to lay down or something.. It'll be easier that way.. she inhaled sharply and gave up. She sighed happily as she fell backwards into the comfy flowers and grass, their sweet fragrance immediately soothing her, making her muscles relax. It feels nice.. I should do this more often.. floor three is a beautiful place to just lay down.. and relax.. she took a quick pause and sighed comfortably. The real world isn't going anywhere.might as well stay here. she mumbled something before drifting into deep sleep.

I wonder what mom and dad are doing right now.

She was woken by high pitched hips and howls. Her body tensing up as she quickly rose to her feet. What I should that? Monster? She unsheathed her dagger steadily and looked around, her gaze wavering from each direction to another. Where did it go? She wondered, her stance filled with caution and concern.

She looked up at the sky, the moon was still high above her head. How long have I slept.. surely not more than an hour or two.. she pondered, looking in different directions every few seconds. Maybe I was just imagining it? She huffed, sheathing her dagger in annoyance. "Me and my imagination," she muttered briskly, crossing her arms. Now that I'm awake and fully alert.. Guess I should just keep walking, I'm not that tired anymore.. oddly. She shrugged and walked on, adding a few skips here and there. It feels good, being free, having the cool air against your face like this.. where could you get this in the real world? she thought to herself. 

The next half an hour or so we're quiet and peaceful, the only sound that was heard were the wind and the crunching of her footsteps. This is odd.. it's not that quiet.. even at night, how far have I been walking? She looked behind herself. There were a few faint lights in the distance but that was pretty much it. Not that far I suppose.

The player sighed and fold her hands together. I can always return to town if I run.. she said to herself as she walked. But what would be the point of that? She shook her head and gave a small chuckle. Crickets were chirping by the time Spangie had begun to feel tired again, this floor is so soothing, it's hard not to fall asleep. She rubbed her eyes and forehead, stay. Awake. She sternly told herself. "There's no time for dilly dallying," she muttered, clapping her hands together. The loud sound echoed across the plains, most likely awaring any predator for miles. Oops..

She covered her mouth with her hands. What did I just do? I'm such a clutz! She pounded her palm against her forehead. Ugh, I'm basically alerted everything within a miles radius I'm here.. what have I done? She shook her head and kept walking. Maybe I can fight them off.. the floors monsters can't be that hard.

She steadily walked foward, alert for any signs of danger or hostility. Phew.. doesn't like like there's anything here that can hurt me.. she sighed happily and sheathed her dagger. Well.. might as well keep looking. I wouldn't want to come back empty handed. She's shrugged happily and strutted forward, a small smile placed om her face. "It's so dark.. I can barely see anything.." she sighed, her eyes squinting at the darkness. I wish I had something to light so that's I could see.. what's the point of looking if I can't find anything? She thought briskly, her hands reaching out, making sure she doesn't bump into anything.

The heck.. how come the moon is so bright yet I can't  see anything? She pondered, her face twisting into confusion. Ugh.. I should just stop here and wait for it to get lighter.. she stopped dead in her tracks and slowly sat down, her hands landing on the soft grass beside her.

Spangie brought up her knees and wrapped her arms around them. What did I deserve to be in this situation? ..Losing my best friend.. attempting to find a new one in replacement.. am I sick in the head? She thought gloomily, her eyes fixed on the full bright moon above her. I'll never see Apricot again.. or hear her tweets and chirps, feel her sleeping on my shoulder.. at this point, the only thing I can remember is her shattering into blue shards.. a cry of help.. she sniffed, her eyes growing read. The way she saved me from that monster.. an she when she died.. for me.. she choked out, her sobs now echoing through the empty fields. We started my shop together.. our shop.. we made food together.. she rubbed her eyes, a cry rippling through her body. Why did she have to go? Why did she's have to leave me?

Her eyes were watery with tears and she could fee her nose get ref and stuffy. It's all my fault.. I shouldn't have been there in the first place! I shouldn't have been in that stupid floor! I didn't even remember what I was there's for! Apricot died for nothing! She gripped her head, her mind whirling with negative thoughts. Why, why, why, why.. why did she have to leave? She looked up at the pitch black sky, a small smile on her face. "..But it's not like she was going to come back with me in the real world right?" she said, a sinister laugh escaping her lips. "She was going to disappear anyways right? Even if I did die here, or escaped the game.. she would be gone right?" she shook her head, more tears rolling down her face. Why am I saying these things? I'm so cruel.. what am I thinking?

She shook her head and sniffed. Think happy thoughts! Like the time.. we opened our shop! Yeah! I made the logo a Phoenix's just for Apricot.. she smiled to herself, remembering the ups and downs that went alongside with her shop. The constant burning, the piles of ashes I made on that pan.. she chuckled to herself. "Will this new familiar replace that..?" she wondered, her eyes dropping to the grass. Maybe.. maybe not.. but I'm going to keep those memories forever.. even when I do get out of this game.. she smiled warmly, the colors of the night swloly sinking into her eyes again. 

The sky sure is beautiful.. I haven't seen any of the night time scenery in Aincrad yet.. she tilted her head and leaned on her arms. First thing I want to do when I get out of here is paint this.. she wave down her hands in the air. And Apricot..

She sighed happily and fell down onto the grass, her back landing with a loud thud. Who cares if monsters attack me.. I can defend myself now! I can fight.. and craft.. And gather.. she giggled to herself. I don't always have the bets of luck when it comes to gathering though. She spread out her arms, making herself look like she was making a snow angel. Fun.. she grinned at the night sky. I should do this a lot more often.. you can't live life without looking at this, eh? She giggled, her body haveing against the lush green grass. My name is Kanaria Uta. I am nineteen years old. I like make art..  I have a mother and a father. I lived in a small village in Japan. I am stuck here. I am stuck in SAOshe repeated under her breath. She would do this when she would do nothing, not wanting to forget the most valuable things in her life.

She looked up at the sly, its purple color slowly growing darker. Why can't it find a familiar? Must it be so hard? She shook her head. Maybe, they don't like me? She sighed, knowing that it was going to be a lot harder for her to get a familiar. I got lucky with Apricot.. she didn't have a skill, but I was still lucky enough to have her. she blinked, rubbing her head. I have a huge headache now.. ugh.. she crossed her arms and puffed. Seriously, why is it so hard? She rubbed her arms, feeling a slight breeze come in. It's not that cold.. it'll get bright out soon.. she reassured herself. A small smile appeared on her lips. A sign perhaps?

She shook her head and chuckled. Nah.. stuff don't work like that. She giggled and clapped her hands together. "I will find a familiar today! I swear it upon my pixelated life! I. Will. Get. A. Familiar!" she shouted, her arms flying in the air. I just hope I can live up to it.

Edited by Spangie

Sponge sighed and looked up at the sky once again, distant howls could be heard but she ignored them and soaked into the peace that was once there. Could've had that creature and tamed it.. but i don't think it wants to be.. she smiled happily and closed her eyes. Not all creatures are fit to be a familiar.. she sighed, putting her hands in her lap. "Elohim, essaim.." she muttered under her breath, her mind slowly being put back together, give your strength to Apricot. she opened her eyes and smiled happily in the pitch black darkness. Apricot.. are you up there? Somewhere? Maybe not.. you were always alive to me though.. she grinned, looking up at the sky, a start twinkled as she did so. So thats where you've been hiding.. She held up her hand and pointed to the sky, whispering with a gentle and firm tone. "Found you."

ID : 98717

Roll : 9 + 3 = 12, Fail

Edited by Spangie

Spangie squinted as she saw a dull light enter her view of range. What is that..? She slowly rose up, carefully unsheathing her dagger. Slowly rising up, she cautiously edged closer to the light. Could be a monster, I got to be a alert. She said to herself, her focus locking onto the light. She looked at the corner of her vision, full HP and energy. It's enough to put up a fight.. she thought, her feet crunching against the smooth grass. She dug her boots into the dirt, getting read to sprint forward. Make a dash for it. Elohim essaim.. she closed her eyes for a spilt second. Go! She dashed forward, sprinting at an alarming pace. "Hyah!" she held her dagger up, the light growing closer and closer, soon making it overwhelming. What she saw, made her stop dead in her tracks. What the..? What is this?! 

By now, she's reached a point where there were a few trees, sprouting from the ground. The dim light turned out what she expected it to be, a mob, monster, creature. But.. it's far more beautiful than I thought it would be.. she was only a few meters away from the creature. It resembled a large fox, but with many, many tails. Smears of red streaked its face and sides, small bits of fire rose from parts of its body. It's.. she trailed off, captivated by the sight. It was staring straight at her, eyes locking on eyes. She instinctively reached out her hand, stretching it out to touch the unusual animal. "Hey there.. come here, I won't hurt you.." she whispered, her boots edging closer to the fox. Only twitching its ears, the fox rose to its feet and dashed off. "H-huh?! W-wait! Come back!" she stuttered, regaining her compsture and chasing after it.

Her shoes clashed with the ground, her running clumsy and unorganized. "Wait! I'm not going to hurt you! Come back!" she shouted, her reaching out to the animal. It's not slowing down at all.. she bit her lip in frustration. Why won't it slow down? It doesn't look necessarily afraid of me.. she thought clumsily, her foot almost giving way under her. The fox looked back at her, its night tails shining dimly, its pitch black eyes to,d her something, something unusual. It wants me to follow it.. she knew right away. She nodded to the magnificent creature and dashed faster. It must want my help or something. She sighed, hoping it would at least slow down.

She stared at the fox, wondering why something like it would be living on the lower floor. It looked like it would be something you find on the front lines, very odd.. but I have no reason to think anything like that. Kayaba is an odd one I suppose. The one time she looked up, she realized where they were headed. The Forest of Wavering Mist..

• 2 weeks later...

Her eyes widened at the sight. I've never been to the Forest of Wavering Mist before.. Ive heard there supposed to be all kinds of monsters there.. she shuddered a the thought. Lets just hope there's nothing there right now.. at night.. she gulped nervously and looked at the dashing creature in front of her, showing no fear or hesitation. Ah, I'm so confused. What exactly do you want me to do..? She bit her lip in frustration and sped on faster, barely next to the running animal. "H-hey! Is there something you want me to get in there?" she asked, hoping that the fox would at least give a nod of its head, instead it only gave a short snort and lashed its tail vigorously. What a nice creature. she thought sarcastically and looked up. Its coming closer.. she gulped and held her head in her hands. What am I going to do..? What if I die in there?