[PP-F2] Bad Poisonous Doggy, Bad! <<The Venomous Warg>> (ft. Steel and Rienka)

Steel had just gotten back into town after dealing with his work for the day. At the moment, he was just messaging his girlfriend about meeting up to get something to eat. Though they were living together, they had gone their separate ways for the day, doing whatever quests or farming was out there.

Reinka, want to meet up at the fountain for an early dinner? I heard of a pretty good bar nearby. 

After hearing that she didn't eat at all before he eased her into it, he wanted to introduce her to more good food and drink in this world. After finishing the message, he unequipped his gear (not caring of people looking) and headed over to the fountain. Arriving there he thought how his clothes were a little too plain as they were practically the basic ones from the beginning of the game. It didn't look ragged or anything but still. I used to not think nor care about it. The events of that day really changed me... He thought to himself as he remembered the events that led him to his current relationship.

Edited by Steel

She was pretty busy gathering these days, and doing some solo quests. She wanted to see if she was up to the task, and tried not to take anything that she wasn't sure on. -I'll be right there!- She ran back into town and walked quickly to get to the fountain at the park that she loved. She figured Steel hadn't caught on to that but was glad he picked it as their meeting place. She stayed in her pirate gear and met up with him at the fountain.

"Good evening amante, where did you want to go for supper?" she asked with a slight blush to her face after calling him that.

She wondered if he'd ask her what that meant. It wasn't too romantic, maybe it was too bold. Though some people might get the wrong idea if they knew what the word meant but she meant it in a positive way in her mind.

Edited by Reinka

"Eh? What does amante mean?" He asked out of curiosity. Though Steel had his suspicions due to the blush on Reinka's face, he wasn't completely sure what it meant as he didn't speak a lick of Spanish. The fact that he could already narrow it down to Spanish was already a miracle.

"I've heard of a pretty good bar on the second floor from some of the other players. The food and drink is good and reasonably priced. Some NPCs seemed to be hinting at it too last time I was on that floor. So there could be something interesting up there." Steel said with a small grin. He then took Reinka's hand in his. "Now then, shall we go?" He said with a sheepish smile as he led her to the transfer gate leading to the second floor.

The two of them were now walking the streets of the second floor's main town hand in hand. "Just when I thought the amount of couples around would die down, they're back to being all over the place. I guess it is that time of year now." He noted, remembering that it was nearing White Day, hence why the couples were returning to the streets. "Though I suppose we're part of that crowd now." Steel said with a smile and a small blush.

"Huh, um, it's just a term of endearment. I guess it's a bit bolder than most terms though. It translate to lover." she laughed nervously. "I hope that's okay my love. May I call you that?" she wasn't sure he'd be use to such a bold confession and nickname but she'd tell him the truth on what it meant.

"A bar sounds nice actually. I've gotten use to them I think. Suddenly I like the noise, or the classy atmosphere. Do you know what kind of bar it is? I'm not dressed for the occasion usually, but I might start attempting to dress up more. I heard some tailors make clothing items with no stat increases, usually by accident, but they make for nice clothes to just wear around town I would think. Maybe next time I'll dress up for you, just let me know ahead of time what kind of place we're going out to okay." She winked at him happily.

She held his hand happily and looked around. She didn't want to get separated from him after all. "Yeah we are." she felt a calm rush over her. She then hugged his arm and then held his hand normally. "It's not as much as Valentines day but there are a lot though." she was surprised but not at the same time it was hard to explain.

Steel just gave a warm smile in response. "While it did take me by surprise, I'm not at all opposed to being called that. I can feel your affection for me through it." Right after saying that, Steel was cringing at himself. He really sucked at this flirting thing. "i suppose I should think of a nickname for you in return..." He had started to think of something but had trouble with it due to Japanese not having many words of affection. "Normally in Japan, a couple would just call each other by their first names as people normally refer to each other by last name. Though I guess you'd be used to that already since you're from America. And we're all just using an in game name anyway so that makes it further obsolete..." He was inwardly cursing his own language for not having any proper nicknames for lovers.

"It's not that fancy of a place, it's just a normal bar like the one we met in." Steel said in response. "I'll look forward to seeing you all dressed up then. And I'll take you to a more fancy place when the time comes." He said with a small smile. 

While walking with her clinging to his arm became a bit more awkward, he didn't mind it one bit and just gave a small smile in response. "Well, it is March after all. That's probably the reason." He wouldn't be surprised if he smelled chocolate again.

The two of them had entered the bar and were now sitting in seats next to each other as keeping their hold on each other's hands would have been difficult sitting across. "Anything look good to you?" He asked as he scrolled through the menu.

She nodded and followed him. She listened to his struggles. "I wonder if there's a word like luck or something that would work. Maybe Kurōbā for clover?" She tapped her lip thinking. "I guess it's not a nickname if I come up with it though. So good luck amante." she told him hoping he wouldn't get too frustrated. "Huh, did you want to know my name?" she preferred to be called Reinka but thought about it for a bit. Maybe it'd be okay, but then other people would hear it. "Hm, I'm not sure I'd like hearing my name here too much." She sighed. "I'm trying to hide my identity in this game to enjoy it. Being an actress is hard, I don't want spoil what I have if people know me. I can tell you name when we're alone though." she wasn't sure how to explain this was her escape but she wanted her escape to be her new reality. 

"That's good I won't feel like I stick out then. Hm, r-really a fancy restaurant?" she stared at him. We should save our coal if we want a house or maybe something for our guild when we get that far. Hm, I haven't looked into guilds to know if we have to pay for a guild hall." She looked at him. "Do you think we'll be okay?" she asked him curiously.

She looked the menu over curiously.

"Hm the special is lemon salmon, with rye bread and butter on the side, and red wine. Hm, I wonder if that's a medieval breakfast. Hm I'll give it a try. They have a lot of ales too. I'll just take the special."

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about your real name though I don't want to force it out of you. You can say it whenever you feel comfortable." Steel said in response with a small smile. "Well, this may be a good thing in this case but even if you did reveal your name to me, I haven't gotten the foggiest clue about American actresses so it's not like it would change anything between us. Though I will admit that I never thought I'd end up dating an actress. Not that it's a bad thing though." He then got an idea about a nickname. "As for a nickname, why don't I just use the first part of your username, Rei? Using a certain kanji, it means lovely and beautiful. I think it suits you."

"Not saying we'd be doing it all the time but maybe for a special occasion." Steel assured Reinka. "As long as we don't spend too much all the time, I think we'll be fine. And if we need more money, we can always go pirate mode and raid a dungeon or something." He said with a grin.

"I'll have the same." Steel said to the waitress while also ordering an ale he had become accustomed to drinking rather than the special. Not too long after that, the food had arrived and it was time to dig in. "This tastes pretty good." He said as he tried the salmon. "Have you gotten used to eating by now?" During Reinka's first meal a few days ago, she seemed to have some trouble trying to taste it.

"When we're home remind me okay." She asked him.She didn't want to say it in the open. "Ha, don't worry about my other self. I like this one just as much. I'm the same person but I guess even more spunky here I think." she tapped her lip. Usually she did hesitate but not when it came to her dreams. "Hm, maybe not. I guess I'm the same no matter where I am, but right my title means nothing. I like we fell in love this way instead of another way. It feels more personal you know. More, real." She tried to explain. She blushed a bit more when he explained how he came about her new nickname. "Ha, now I wish that was my real name haha. Thank you." she placed one hand on her cheek to try and cool it down.

She was eating and looked up at him nodding happily.

"Mhm, this taste great! I think I'll be eating like this for awhile." she smiled happily.

"Virtual world or real one, you're just you. As I said, I don't know a thing about celebrities. So regardless of whether or not you were one, I'd still fall for you. My ignorance of pop culture and the like would have prevented us falling in love any other way anyway." He said this with a grin. "It seems you like the name, I'm glad I got that right on the first try." He then noticed the blush. "You doing okay there Rei?" He said with a slight hint of teasing. He wasn't that dense that he couldn't figure out why when it was so obvious. He just wanted to make use of her new nickname quickly.

"It makes me wonder they'll have on the menu next as a special." As Steel said this a middle aged man had walked into the bar. From the lack of player icon, he was obviously an NPC. And it seemed to be a quest giver. The man just happened to sit down at the seat next to them.

"I am Gatsly. I work as a merchant, making just enough to support me and my family, but lately all of my supply caravans have been destroyed or chased away by a ferocious beast." He looks down at the floor, "You two look strong enough to defeat it. I don't have much, but if you could slay the beast, I would pay you." 

So it's a search and destroy quest. Steel thought to himself though he kept eating albeit somewhat more slowly as he listened to the man. "What do you think Rei?"

She smiled happily that she had a nickname that was endearing. "You're pretty clever amante." she followed him. She listened to him and wonder if that was true. In the real world would she have noticed him? Likely not, and that wasn't because of who he was, but because there wouldn't be anything putting them in the same room with each  other. "I'll be thankful for this either way." she smiled happily.

She listened as the man explained why he sat over by them. It sounded dangerous but everything seemed dangerous. She looked back over to Steel.

"I think we should give a try amante." she had faith in his abilities. "I'm sure we can handle it after the quests we've been taking." She felt strongly about pushing forward with the levels. If it kept up they could get to floor 100 one day with their guild once it took off. "Might be good to level up so we can find more people on higher floors. Right?" she smiled at him.

"If you have that much confidence in us being able to beat down that monster, I'll trust in that." Steel said with a grin. "Okay old man, we'll take down that monster for you! Though I guess we should finish eating or else it'd be a waste of money." He said this with a sheepish grin before finishing up his dinner. "Okay, now I'm ready!"

"Thank you so very much! Here, I have something for you to help you on your journey." The man took out two Antidote vials as well as map data for them. "If you happen to get poisoned, drink these to lessen the effects and here is where the monster is." 

So it'll be a poison type monster. Steel thought to himself as that was said. "Thanks, we'll be on our way." And with that, the two were off on their way to the monster.

"Earlier, you had a look that felt like you were unsure when I said I'd fall for you in the real world." Steel said as they were walking through town. "I think it was fate we met and I'm sure we would have met even without this death game. Maybe it wouldn't have seemed as likely but I still think it would happen. Maybe I would've protected you like I did when we first met or maybe it was an accident." He listed a few more random possibilities. "Though I guess that doesn't matter now since we've already met here. Though I'm not complaining."

"Thank you!" She smiled happily and waved to the older man. She got up.

She followed after steal and looked up at him. Then thought more about the quest first. She opened up her inventory. "Why don't you take this potion first. That way you can be the front runner of the damage right? You have two of these just in case it gets really bad. Also I have an over health potion on me,  do you think you'll need it in this one?" she asked as she rummaged through her items menu. "What do you think?" she wanted him to be prepared she wasn't too sure what they were up against.

She then listened to what he had to say curiously.
"I suppose, but it'd be harder in the real world you know. Unless you became a bouncer or a security guard. I suppose some people hire body guards, I might have done that too if I got any strange letters." She stayed along side of him. "I'm still happy we met this way. I don't have to question it at all. I know we got together because we get along, and work well together. I never have a doubt in my mind it's about my fame at all. I like it a lot." She smiled happily at him. She quickly grabbed his hand and walked along side of him. "Oh I wanted to tell you that I have a shop on the first floor now. So I might start advertising for it. It's called Kraken Potions." she explained. "How have you been with coming up with your job skill?" she asked curiously.

"I'll take one sure but shouldn't you save the other one for yourself? What happens if the monster has an AoE attack that poisons?" Steel said in response with worry in his voice. "I haven't used any of my potions either so I should be fine in that regard. My first priority is keeping you safe." He said this with a serious tone.

"With my skill, being a bodyguard isn't out of the question." Steel said with a grin. "I just hope that our relationship will stay the same once we leave. Not that I'm doubting our feelings but we have our respective life styles with you being an actress and maybe a celebrity. Well, even if things get a little complicated, I'm still going to find a way for us to meet." 

"Oh? You finally set up shop eh? I'll have to stop by at some point. That explains the new rumors of a beautiful witch acting insane." Steel said said, remembering what he heard. Something about people hearing haunting chants from an odd looking store. "I assume you were roleplaying in there or something?" Steel said with a light chuckle. "As for me, I'm still not sure honestly."

"Okay you can use the over potion now right?" she wasn't sure after she traded it to him. She blushed a bit happily that it was his first priority. "Thanks honey." She smiled happily. "All right I'll keep my antidote potion then for now. Just be careful okay." she asked him. She was thinking about the antidote still. "The monster is really likely to be poisonous I bet. Were you thinking the same thing? Okay....I'll keep back and get some punches in when it's a good time to get them in."

"Me too. I'll be looking for you too. I'll be shouting Steel all over the place and ask silly questions about how we met to make sure a person isn't pulling my leg, but, I'll always remember your face." She smiled happily at him.

She turned beat read. "I was just practicing some lines!" she worried he thought she was crazy or something. "I guess I really like role playing and getting sucked into worlds....Never let me play skyrim because I will just become way to immersed." she admitted. "I do want to get immersed in here too but....I'm pretty sure people would think I'm crazy. In fact it sounds like they already do." she sighed not sure how to be herself.

"Yeah, I'll be careful. I wouldn't want to leave you alone after all. It'd make you sad right?" Steel said with a small smile. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking, it's definitely a poisonous type." Steel concurred. "So yeah, I'll keep its focus on me and then you can land some hits in."

"Hahaha, I'd rather you not ruin your reputation by having you run around shouting something like a madwoman." Steel said in a light tone. "How about we just figure out a place for the two of us to meet up later. Since these are our real faces, we're sure to recognize each other once we see each other. There's no way I'd forget that pretty face."

"Yeah, I figured as much. Don't worry, I already know about your acting tendencies so I don't think you're crazy." Steel said, having expected that. "Well, others may think of you as crazy, that's probably how I heard those rumors, but it just becomes another thing for me to love. Maybe I should try my hand at acting so you have a role playing partner since you want to have some immersion." Steel said with a grin.

"Okay, I'll do my best to heal you in a pinch." she explained. "Though I hope it never comes to that." She explained and kept close to him. "As much as I like bleed on my gauntlets I was also tempted to have Paralyze also but, I dunno, I like my keen ability too much and it goes off a lot more than paralyze would." Find the right skills was always tough but she seemed to be all right with her build so far. "How about you? anything you're thinking about changing up?" she asked curiously.

"Hm....In a place like this I don't mind. We all are a bit mad here Alice." she explained. "At least I think we would be by now, but I really do like it here, maybe I'll by a witch outfit for when I work. It might help me craft I should consider that for just crafting." she said a bit more excited. "Ah, sorry you're seeing that side of me again." she hated how she could lose her guard around him more than anyone else.

"Yeah? You think you can get into character with me? That'd be pretty neat." She was getting really excited. "Can you speak ye olde English?" she asked happily. "Throw around some medieval like terms. Calling the enemy names like pillock." she was getting excited over this because she knew what she could do. "Then I can talk like a pirate." She said brightly.

"Not at the moment. Though to be fair, my current set hasn't seen much action. But so far, it serves its purpose well. I can hit hard and take on attacks well. And if I do take damage, I make sure there's some pay back." Steel answered. "Well, we'll have to see how it fares in the coming battles. Though I am debating on whether or not to use a shield to increase my defense or to get something that increase my fighting strength."

"What are you, the Cheshire Cat? And why am I Alice?" Steel couldn't help but retort though in a light tone and laugh. She then started talking about dressing as a witch while she was working in her shop before getting embarrassed about it once again. "I don't really mind seeing this side of you. I think it's cute." Steel said with a grin. "And I think you'd make a beautiful witch."

High School Shakespeare lessons, don't fail me now! Steel exclaimed in his mind before getting into it. "Wherefore fusty English? This doesn't fit with mine own samurai image..." Though he started it, he was already questioning it. "Well, alloweth us to paste the pillock so that the nobby looking one won't stay gutted. We can't be all mouth and no trousers after all." Okay, maybe he was getting a little too into it.

"Hm, so it's a personal stat training. That's still really good. I hope we get some decent experience for turning this in then. Though I'm not sure we well, but maybe." she shrugged unsure. "Hm a shield. I'd almost say get some accuracy to though. I don't know. There's only three equiment slots right? Weapon, Armor, and either a shield or accessory slot right? So maybe invest in that, you already have thorns don't you?" she wasn't sure what his specs were she thought she did but she was unsure. "Either way I'm sure it'll be fun whatever you get."

"Haha, yeah sure." She agreed to being the cat. "I suppose a rumor of a lovely witch would be interesting too, I'm not sure who would start that though. Then again wouldn't you be upset if my shop was flooded with suiters?" she asked him curiously. "I certainly would be a bit jealous if your shop was flooded with maidens who watch to catch your eye you know." She said too boldly then placed a hand in front of her mouth realizing what she said the moment in which she said it. "Um....I mean I wouldn't worry over it because we're a couple and I trust you but I, I guess it's a natural response maybe?" she hoped it was and she didn't realize she could be jealous until she admitted to it. "Ahem." She tried to run away from that conversation.

She laughed happily hearing him go all out with it. "Oh I suppose you could just be yourself too, and be my samurai warrior. I wouldn't mind that at all really. But yes we will destroy the devils of hell and throw them to davey jone's locker while sailing off yonder to star bound!" She said happily pointed to the sky where she would think the north star would be then smiled at him.

"From the sound of it, it seems like a field boss perhaps so I'm sure we'll get a decent reward for it. At the very least, we're getting some sort of reward from that merchant fellow." Steel said in response. "It's kind of weird how there's only three equipment slots. In normal RPGs, there's at least 5 or so equipment slots. Well, now I'm stuck on whether to increase my offensive capabilities or my defensive ones. The thorns were more to compensate on the lack of hitting my enemies thing."

"I will admit, I would become a bit concerned if I saw some competition but I trust you enough to not cheat on me. Since you fell for me not based on my looks but who I am as a person right?" Steel said with a light blush on his face. "And if the amount of competition gets out of hand, I'd just go and start a rumor about how there's a swordsman protecting her." He said with a somewhat mischievous grin. "I don't think I'm all that handsome either so I don't think women are going to try and catch my eye. On the off chance it does happen though, I'd just say that I'm already taken."

He then noticed the jealous tone Reinka had from the thought of it all. "Being jealous isn't too bad a thing, it shows you really do like me. Just try not to let it reach yandere levels..." He had seen enough anime to know where that would lead and it would not be pretty.

"Oh good, I wouldn't hast been able to keep that up forever to tell the truth Rei-dono." Steel said with a sigh of relief as he switched to how samurai talked in those period dramas he used to watch which if translated in English would have meant the occasional old English thrown in. "Thou art pointing to the south Rei-dono." Steel deadpanned. They had now reached the gate leading to outside the safe zone. "Well, let us go then."

"That's true, here's hoping the reward will be worth the hassle. We might even get our own decent treasures along the way." She said happily. They always had some sort of luck on their adventures. "Yeah, I agree, and there's also more magic in role playing games. Though I guess this game has sword arts so I guess that counts? Maybe. I'll have to read up more on the lore of the world." she explained. "Oh so you'll get mitigation maybe? That'd be good if you want to get hit on purpose right?" she asked him curiously.

"Huh? Well yes, your personality drew me but, you're really handsome too, it's just you look really cool, and confident. Had you had that type of personality to match it it'd be hard to be around you. I mean, you're confident in your skills, but instead of being too cool, you're actually a warm person who worries. So I got a good man who treats me right and is attractive. Talk about a lucky catch for me. I'm not the kind of person who would go super psyco. I might just talk to you in private about it to let you know I'm jealous around that person and you can reassure me. You're really good at doing that."

She stepped outside with him. "Hey, first mate, keep your eyes sharp. I'm not going to be happy if we get ambushed." she said and looked around as they left the safe zone.

Edited by Reinka