[P04-PP] <Avalanche> Ice to meet you!

Ben had made his way to floor 4 today.  He had been planning on meeting up with some friends to take on one of the field bosses- a big ice elemental.  Pinball and Steel were both higher level than he was, which was why he was comfortable actually dealing with this boss right now.  He hadn't been focusing much on support, rather he was doing a lot of crafting skills up until now.  But with the bosses getting bigger, he had switched his focus over to his first aid skill.  Hopefully it would help out during this battle- or just not be used at all. 

Ben had managed to avoid the ice elementals on the way up here to the mountainous snowy foothills of the floor (while being thankful that he still had a nice warm scarf while doing so), but didn't see either of his friends yet.  Maybe he was the first one here, perhaps.  So he took the opportunity to check his inventory, making sure he had all the supplies he would need for the fight while he waited. 

@Steel @Pinball

Pinball's spear was slung across his back, sticking well beyond his shoulder. It was an awkward way of carrying it, but in Pinball's mind, it was better than lugging it around in your hands all the time. Besides, it being a cursed weapon, Pinball couldn't help but feel like this was the only time he'd be able to remove his hands from the weapon. Cursed weapons could not be removed from his person, and so it had to be connected to his body in some way. So far, the only ways he knew he could carry it on him were if it was in a sheathe, or in his hands, and Pinball figured that the thick leather string he used to tie the spear to his body counted as one such sheathe. Pinball wore his white winter jacket over his leather armor and cloth shirt, shivering as he approached the bookworm. "Oi, Benji," he called out, his hand cupped over his mouth. He made his way over to the player, scanning his environment. "It's really heckin' cold up here, my guy." He swung the spear over his shoulder, sliding it out of the straps that held it still. With a thump the butt of his weapon hit the floor, and Pinball nodded. "We're doing Avalanche, right? That's the quest I accepted. So, uhh..." He pointed back down the main mountain path, the path he knew was littered with icy enemies of the Fourth Floor. "I don't want to have to climb all the way back down there.

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 25 | HP: 500 | EN: 50 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 12

Equipped: 

• Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 5
  • Fishing 

Extra Skills: 

• Familiar Mastery: Fighter ~ Rank 2 (+4 DMG) 

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• [x3] Teleportation Crystal 

"Man, this thing is pretty big." Steel had gone on ahead and decided to do some scouting. Though not actually fighting the thing, he was able to observe it from a distance. "Maybe we have to target the legs or something to make it fall down? From its movements, it seems like a heavy hitter but is slow. I'll have to deal with that as a tank." He had begun self rambling before noticing that he was late for meeting up with his party members. "Ah right, I should probably get down there." He was going to be teaming up with Benjamin, somebody's he'd partied with before and Pinball, somebody he hasn't partied with.

"Hey you two." Steel said landed nearby them like a ninja despite his more samurai appearance. "Ben, how have you been doing since we last met? And nice to meet you Pinball." As he said this, he stuck a hand out for Pinball to shake.

"Let's get this done and then have a drink together or something." Steel said with a grin.

@Benjamin Bookworm @Pinball

I've been doing well Pinball.  Mostly been working on some new support skills, so hopefully I'll be more helpful in big fights like the one coming up.  Hopefully a few good healing skills will help keep us all up today.  Ben said as he geared up for their fight.  We just have to head down into the caverns down below, so it should be a quick walk to get there.  And hopefully there will be an easier path to get back down... I'm glad once more for our warm clothes.  A pair of antennae poked it's way out of the warm folds of his scarf as well, joining the conversation with an unhappy trill.  Yes Sebastian, I'm sure you're cold too.  Um, I guess I'll properly introduce you guys to my new familiar once we get back to town.  He doesn't like the snow either.  I'll back up whichever one of you guys wants to go down the path first. 

Spoiler

Level - 16           HP - 320 / 320             ENG - 32 / 32
DMG (Dagger) - 3 (1 base + 1 skills + 1 equipment)
MIT - 0                      ACC - +1                    EVA - 3

Equipment -
[EQ] [T1 Rare Dagger] Emerald Shiv - ACC 1, DMG 1
[EQ] [T1 Perfect Charm] Green Leaf - Evasion (3)
[EQ] [T1 Perfect Charm] Finder's Feather - Loot Die (3)

Readied items:
(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
(2) Magic Armor Potions (Safeguard)
(1) Teleport Crystal
(5) Lesser Basic Healing salve (Heals 20 HP)

He looked between the two, not sure who he should talk to first. They both seemed like they knew each other already, but he didn't know from where. He had only met one of the two, Benjamin, when he had gone out fighting Nepents. Pinball noticed the man's hand stuck out, so he did the same. After he had accepted his handshake, he looked to the new player. He didn't know what level he was - hell, he didn't know if he could handle a hit from the monster. As such, Pinball wasn't entirely confident in their ability to outlast the thing. He might have to end it himself. Judging from reports from other players, the monster was meant to be one of the "beginner quests", or quests deemed too easy for anybody over level fifteen. He rubbed his eyebrow, giving the man a once-over before turning away. He was dressed as a samurai, and Pinball wasn't comforted at all. To the boy, it didn't seem very practical. Then again, his armor was practically just leather pads strapped over his cloth starting armor and boots. Pinball wasn't meant to take a hit, but the man's armor seemed sturdy enough. Still, yet again, Pinball wasn't sure he'd be comfortable with allowing someone else to take the hits. Though he wasn't meant to himself, Pinball would gladly take a few rough blows if it meant sparing others the hassle. "Uh," he began, his voice soft, "do you guys wanna go first? Or should I?

"Let me guess, you just thought I looked unreliable." Steel said after noticing the one of the two he hadn't met give Steel a analytical glance. Though he thought the assumption was a tad bit rude, he understood why he did that. He had to work with somebody he didn't know. Of course he'd want to know the capabilities of his party members. "Don't worry, my armor may look like leather but its heavy armor made of steel. My defenses are good enough to be a tank. This boss won't do too much damage to me." He tapped his armor with his fist, letting the sound of metal ring out. "By the way, the name's Steel, what's yours?" He asked with with a small smile.

"I'll go first. I'm the tank after all." Steel said as he began heading down the pathway which would lead into the caverns. "Ah right, we should set up our party and all that." Steel then sent party invites to the other two. "Let's finish this up quickly and then go drinking or something." He said with a grin. "Well, let's just hope we don't miss a bunch of times right Ben?" He said this with a bit of a laugh as he remembered what happened last time he was on a quest with him.

@Benjamin Bookworm

@Pinball

OOC: I am so sorry.... I really should have done this a long time ago. Just didn't know what to post for a bit and then forgot due to work.... sorry again...

Steel, I didn't think you were unreliable, I... he said as he looked around at his friends.  You know what?  Apparently since I started this quest, I'm the one to trigger the mob.  Ben then hopped down the last slope ahead of them, towards where the enemy was supposed to spawn.  He may be a healer archetype, but he could still take a few hits.  Plus it would bypass the whole discussion on who was going to go in first. 

Once he got down to the bottom though, things went pretty nuts.  The field boss they were after broke right out of the side of the snow bank, and was on top of him before he could move.  Ben quickly jumped forward, slashing his daggers at the beast in the hopes of stunning it long enough to back off.  He found home in the mountainous monster's side, knocking it back long enough for him to start scrambling back to his friends.  OK, I think I found it.  And it's angry... um, so your turn!

@Pinball @Steel

Battle:

Spoiler

Battle and MOB die ID 99092

Benjamin uses SIDE BITE sword art (-5 EN)
BD - 6 + 1acc = 7, HIT
Benjamin deals (3)*2 = 6 damage
Avalanche is STUNNED

Avalanche is STUNNED and cannot attack
Avalanche recovers and is immune to stun for two turns

Enemies:

Avalanche -    94 /100 HP   /  40 ATK

Party:

Benjamin -   320 / 320 HP    27 / 32 EN   / 3 EVA / 1 ACC
Hate - 1

Pinball -        500 / 500 HP    50 / 50 EN   / 3 EVA / 3 ACC
Hate - 0

Steel -            300 / 300 HP    30 / 30 EN  / 30 MIT
Hate - 0

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Pinball's face went a bit red, and he looked away, not saying anything further. He called himself the tank of the group. Keep an eye on him. Pinball brandished his spear as the monster approached, and he was surprised to see Benjamin rush forward, attacking it. "Oh!" Pinball, too, ran forward, kicking up snow as he ran. It's supposed to be weak, so... tone it back a bit. He didn't want to ruin the fight for the other two, so he only used a weak Sword Art, one he had picked up at Rank 2: Mighty Charge. He activated his Sword Art as he ran, and a familiar cold glow mixed with the bright coloring of the Sword Art's aura. "Can I even?" Pinball jumped, lashing out with his spear. Ice krept up the creature's leg, freezing it in place. Pinball had landed a critical hit. He staggered backwards, grabbing fistfuls of his hair. "How even?!" Pinball let out a long groan, walking back to Steel. "Go ahead and kill it," he sighed. He addressed both Steel and Benjamin: "Sorry. I tried toning it back a bit. My bad." Pinball watched the two with a frown. He had ruined the fight for them. 

Combat: 

Spoiler

ID# 99094 

BD: 9 (Crit+1) ((Exactly not what I wanted, surprisingly)) 

Pinball attacks Avalanche - Mighty Charge

Phase Activates! - N/A

12+1= 13*4 = 52 DMG 

Freeze Activates! 
(( If monster struck by either Steel or Benji, you'll deal an additional 24 DMG, since I'm T2. So just add 24 to your total output. Only deals additional damage for one person's attack, and when hit, Freeze ends.)) 

<< -4 EN >> 

Enemies:

[FROZEN] Avalanche -    42 /100 HP   /  40 ATK

Party:

Benjamin -   320 / 320 HP    27 / 32 EN   / 3 EVA / 1 ACC
Hate - 1

Pinball -        500 / 500 HP    46 / 50 EN   / 3 EVA / 3 ACC
Hate - 2

@Steel -            300 / 300 HP    30 / 30 EN  / 30 MIT
Hate - 0

Edited by Pinball

I'm honestly surprised he managed to freeze an ice monster. Steel thought to himself as he saw Pinball manage to do it. Pinball then seemed apologetic about it. Steel had an inkling why but he never let his focus waver when in combat so he just continued on with it. "Yeah, I got it." Steel said as he charged in with his katana. He charged up a sword skill Vertical Arc and slashed at the large beast with two powerful slashes. It seemed that dealing damage to a monster in 'frozen' state (as if an ice monster could get any more frozen) would cause extra damage and that was enough to send it toppling down. "Mission complete!" Steel said with a grin and a peace sign for victory.

"What's with that frown? Did you think you took the fun away from it all?" Steel said to Pinball. "While I will admit that I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to show off my ability as a tank, I'd rather be alive than look cool. That attack you did made it possible for us to get through this without being harmed. No shame in that right?" He said this with a grin. "Well, now that we've got some extra time, let's go explore some more or go drinking together. The job's over. Might as well have some fun. It'd be nice to get to know each other a little."

Spoiler

ID# 99102

BD: 6 

Steel attacks Avalanche - Vertical Arc

5x4=20 +24 (from Freeze) = 44

<< -4 EN >> 

Enemies:

Avalanche -    0 /100 HP   Dead

Party:

Benjamin -   320 / 320 HP    27 / 32 EN   / 3 EVA / 1 ACC
Hate - 1

Pinball -        500 / 500 HP    46 / 50 EN   / 3 EVA / 3 ACC
Hate - 2

Steel -            300 / 300 HP    26 / 30 EN  / 30 MIT
Hate - 0

@Benjamin Bookworm

@Pinball

OOC: Shortest boss fight ever lol

Edited by Steel

Oh, uh, wow. was all Ben had to say.  He had been hyping up this boss fight so much in his head that having it end so quickly was kind of a let down.  And here I had all those emergency potions and stuff ready for nothing... Well, I suppose that I can save them for next time.  Now that I'm finally getting in the rhythm of my crafting, it should be a lot for next time. 

Actually, speaking of next time, was there any other quests you guys wanted to try and tackle?  Since this ended a bit early, I don't have much else planned.  he paused.  Actually, I haven't really asked you guys what you planned for afterwards today.  So, um, what kinds of plans do you guys have?  Anything fun going on, or some more grinding for levels to try and get through this game? he asked, trying to see what his friends would be up to later.

Pinball stood, a frown on his face. Yeah, I did ruin it, he thought sadly. But, now they were at a loss of things to do. He took a moment to think. Pinball looked upwards, at the now grey sky, a small bit of snow now gently floating down. Forcing a grin, he skipped over to Steel, snapping his fingers. "You seem like the tough one," he jested, poking his samurai armor. "Bushy dude code or whatever." Pinball hopped back, a large, toothy smile on his face. He clapped his hands together, his eyes widening a bit. "How about this!" He swiped open his inventory, tapping through the interface like a madman. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. His armor, necklace, and spear all shimmered with a blue glow, then disappeared. Pinball was left in plain black pants, simple boots, and his longe-sleeved, purple cloth starting armor. Another tap, and a long, wooden staff popped into his hands. There was no pointy end on the weapon, and it looked to be poorly made. He took another few hops back, giving the staff a twirl. "Fight me!" he exclaimed. "To be fair, I won't hit Benjamin until the tank is out. We can do a half-loss duel, so none of us turn orange... or, y'know. Die." Pinball looked between the two players, then gave a shrug. "C'moooon, it's a fun way to pass the time. Not like that guy is going to respawn anytime soon. Both of you against me."  

@Steel

Unequipped

• Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed (2H Assault Spear) 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC (Trinket) 
  • Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA (Light Armor) 

Equipped

• Rudimentary Quarterstaff: (2H Assault Spear) ((Vanity))