[PP-F1] The First Lesson (Kaiida & Paglikha)

Adjusting her headband, the young girl glanced down at her wrist, “Tch! I really should start actually doing something rather than just hiding here. I wonder what Daddy would do if he were in my place…” Her voice trailed off as she wondered around the Town of Beginnings, her right hand interlocked with a strand of hair. In front of her a quest marker was showing, her eyes narrowed as she left go of the silvery lock before gently biting her knuckle. Taking a breath in Kaiida closed her eyes before walking towards the old man, raising a hand in greeting. “Hi Gramps, what do you need help with?” She asks the words escaping her mouth before she had a chance to reel them in.

A white wispy eyebrow raised for a moment, before a soft chuckle escaped his lips. “Gramps? Well now I don’t know if I’d be your grandpa little lady” Setting down the knife he had been using to chop a several herbs the older man settled into his chair, “But I can definitely use the help, my name’s Zakariah and I’ve been running low on herbs for making my potions would you be able to go and gather some for me?” Raising a hand in offer of a hand shake a warm smile spreads on Zakariah's lips.

@Paglikha

Kalu was on his usual rounds of Starting City on the lookout for any people attempting to make their first steps into the wild of Aincrad. It was then he came upon the famous alchemist shop ran by an NPC. Apparently, this NPC was the creator of a line of quests, or so he heard. I might as well take it, just in case it's level locked.

Kalu walked into the shop and gently closed the door behind him. There was already another player there, with silver hair talking to an NPC named Zakariah. They were talking about something about gathering some herbs for creating a potion. From the door, Kalu spoke and projected his voice across the room, ”I will also help you.” Kalu walked over to the counter where the other player and Zakariah was talking.

”Well, the more the merrier,” Zakariah said while shaking Kalu’s hand. ”I didn't quite catch your names. What were they again?”

”My handle is Paglikha and my name is Kaluluwa Nasira. Feel free to call me Kalu since most people in here call me that anyways.” Kalu returned the handshake with a firm grip. He then turned towards the other player in the room and nodded in recognition. ”I look forward to working with you, miss.” 

@Kaiida

The tingle of a bell sounds behind her, glancing over her shoulder the tussled black hair bobs towards her and the NPC she was talking to. A hand reaches out and grasps Zakaariah’s in front of her, Kaiida’s eyes go wide for a moment, her lips thinning. “Excuse me!” She moves her foot backward, so she is looking at the boy. Her eyes dropping slightly as she meets his eyes her lips turning into a smile. “I believe that hand was for me, chibi. At least you have some respect though.” She takes a couple of steps back resting her hands on the counter top. “I’m Kaiida, or Miss Kaiida to you, chibi.”

“So Zakariah was it? How many herbs do you need?” Her knuckles were slowly turning white as she gripped the wooden surface her breathing slow and long, her foot began tapping as she waited for an answer. The old man held up a hand with all four fingers and his thumb extended. “I need five, it shouldn’t be too hard, however it is five from each of you I need.”

@Paglikha

Chibi? Kalu was at a loss for words from the girl’s attitude and also because he didn’t really understand what a chibi was in the first place. Although she was taller, albeit by just an inch, that was a demeaning and ultimately necessary comment. Who does this girl think she is? Kalu then noticed the rhythmic tapping of her foot and her breathing becoming uniform while waiting for Zakariah’s response. Kalu had experiences with his classmates attempting to stop themselves from having an outburst, and to Kalu, Kaiida’s actions were trying to serve the same purpose. Is she impatient or angry?

“If it is five you need, then we will be able to get it. I am sure that Miss Kaiida and I are more than capable to find five herbs for your shop,” Kalu spoke to Zakariah. “In fact, it will be a pleasure to do this quest alongside Miss here. I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

@Kaiida

“Really Chibi? It’s five each so a total of ten that Zakariah needs.” Kaiida had stopped moving and started to stand up straight, offering her hand out to Paglikha she smiles, a glint in her eye. “Do you know where we’ll need to go to gather the herbs at all?” she whispers to him before raising an arm in farewell to the NPC and leaving the shop.

Once she was outside Kaiida ran her fingernails of both hands down her cheeks. “Damn! Which way do we go? Oi Chibi, any ideas?” She calls turning around continuing to scratch for a moment before letting her arms fall to her side. She paused for several seconds wiping her eyes with her forefinger and thumb before looking back towards Paglika, sighing.

Shrugging, Kaiida walks off towards the entrance gate of the Town of Beginnings muttering to herself along the way, “Am I really okay doing this? After so long in this town…” She stopped just shy of the gate, “This thumping…” Looking down at her palm Kaiida opens and closes it several times. “Right, chibi you ready? Lead the way.”

@Paglikha

Kalu took her hand and shook it. “I understood it. A Freudian slip if you will. I have to find five and you have to find five. I do have a place in mind that we can go to search for the herbs, though.” Kalu left the shop with Kaiida and performed a mock salute to Zakariah before closing the door to his shop.

“We’re going to head to the nearby forest that surrounds Horunka,” Kalu explained to Kaiida. At this point in time, he had stopped caring about what he had called her, after all he didn’t care what anyone else called him. Looking towards Kaiida, Kalu noticed that she was rubbing her eyes almost as if she was trying to stay awake. “Are you tired Miss? Did you catch enough sleep?”

Kalu walked towards the northern gate of Starting City with Kaiida. Once they arrived, Kalu overheard Kaiida mutter to herself words of encouragement. I remember when I was in that same position. “Don’t worry Miss, I have a feeling you’ll do great. If you so choose to, I’d like to believe that you’d be an excellent leader from what I’ve seen just now. Your tongue is sharp and you’re keen. You noticed my slip of the tongue and you didn’t hesitate to correct me about it. You’ll do fine.”

Kalu walked out of Starting City. The trek towards the forest wasn’t a long way, but it was commonly delayed by trying to avoid any boars alongside the way. I really ought to pick up that weapon. Once they arrived at the tree line, Kalu stood in the cool shade that the branches had provided. “From here on out, there’s a ton of vegetation. It’s pretty much if you can spot any you’ll get it.” Kalu turned around to face Kaiida and performed a mock salute. “Best of luck to both of us.”

@Kaiida

“Horunka, that’s… that’s outside of the safe zone.” Her footsteps fell silent as she came to a stop realising where Paglikha was taking her. “We’ll be killed.” She said bluntly as she looked at her quest partner. “You reall-“ Too late, Paglikha had already stepped outside of the safe zone and began to weave his way through the boars to the forest. Gulping, Kaiida clenched and unclenched her hands, her legs trembling, eyes glazed over. “You’ll do great.” The words echoed through her mind as she shook her head snapping out of her brief reverie.

“Thanks Chibi…” She muttered to herself before braving the chance of death. She rushed outside following the exact route that Paglikha had taken. “Wait for me!” She called kicking off the ground as she stumbled towards him. Tufts of grass and herbs had become increasingly common as she made her way forwards. At one point there was a good distance between her and any boar, kneeling down Kaiida begins to rummage around the foliage for some herbs. Managing to find them she picks them up and pops them in her pack. “Four to go…” She whispers before running over and joining Paglikha. “Sorry about that.”

ID:  99084 LD: 19 Materials Found!

Materials Found:

Kaiida: 1/5

Paglikha: 0/5

@Paglikha

Edited by Kaiida
  • 2 weeks later...

"Don't worry about it," Kalu said as he was completely oblivious to the reason why Kaiida was apologizing as his face was already in the shrubbery searching for a couple of herbs that he would recognize. Turning around to meet his accompaniment on this quest, Kalu began speaking. "Hey, Miss Kaiida. I was just wondering why do you keep calling me a chibi? I'm not considerably shorter than you. It's not like I mind anyways, I was just wondering."

Kalu was absentmindedly picking at the foliage in an attempt to feel his way towards any herbs that he may have known from his childhood. However, it was to no avail. Eventually he felt a small prick at the base of his thumb as a thorn jabbed into his player model. Removing his hand from the shrub, Kalu saw the red, crystal-like hole that it created disappear as his skin enveloped the former wound. "Such an interesting game, don't you think?"

ID: 99446; LD: 2
<<No Materials Found.>>

@Kaiida:1/5

Paglikha: 0/5

((I'm sorry for such the long delay in posting, I've had to deal with real life stuff but I'm back now and should respond in a more timely fashion.))