[PP-F1] Earning A Living (Kaiida & Benjamin)

Two years she had spent in this world. Two years fending for herself. Kaiida grimaced and shook slightly as she sat in her grungy tavern room, she had found this place early on and seen the comings and goings of many different players who had used it. Standing up she brushed herself off. “Namida! Sort yourself out. It’s time to get your own shop.” As the words fell out of her mouth, she realised that her chin was higher than usual, her shoulders back, her eyes clear of some fog. “Not sure what profession to take though…”

Rapping her knuckles on the door she shrugs before heading out of the room and up the stairs. Grabbing a drink from the bar and settling down at one of the many tables laid out for customers, the Inn was reasonably quiet at this moment in time, being just before the middle of the day. Taking a swig from her tankard Kaiida, takes a pen and paper from her inventory and writes the different professions down and some notes about what they might do. “Tapping the pen to the paper she began to muse out loud, “What I really need is someone to show me the ropes and what the different ones do, not to mention how to gather materials.”

@Benjamin Bookworm

Sebastian, where are you? Ben called out as he searched through the tavern.  He couldn't believe the little guy had gotten away from him again.  He looked around some of the nearby tables again, just in time to see his familiar scooching it's way over to someone's pad of paper, and biting off a chunk to start snacking on.  No!  Oh come on Sebastian, I just fed you! he cried out as he ran over.  The foot and a half long green caterpillar glanced over, busy ignoring him and munching on his new snack.  Oh goodness, I'm sorry.  I don't know what gets into him sometimes.  That... probably can't be fixed.  Um, please tell me that wasn't something expensive he ate this time.  Or something big that you have to rewrite all over.  Again, I'm really really sorry about that.  He pulled his familiar back up into his arms, looking a bit embarrassed at this. 

The scratching of nib on paper fell silent just as Kaiida let out a short, sharp breath. Looking up the girl spotted someone looking in a blue tartan scarf searching for someone or something called Sebastian. Suddenly a munching sound came by from by her right hand as Kaiida watched the person intently, maybe a bit more obviously than she had intended.  Eyes flicking down Kaiida grins as a rather large caterpillar has started eating her pad.

As she raised her hand out to stroke the caterpillar the boy in the blue scarf came over and grabbed  the bug. Kaiida laughed as the older boy began to blush, ”I wouldn’t  worry, it was just a list of the profession names, I was thinking of taking one.” Waving her hand dismissively she focused on the familiar, ripping some of the paper from the pad the girl balls it up and places it on the table. “I’m Kaiida, could use some help being honest, I’m not too sure what the different professions do… Despite being trapped in here along with everybody else, I’ve not really paid much attention.”

She finished her sentence, pulling her pad towards her with one hand and the chair with her other. “Did you want a drink?” Taking her pen up she writes out the name of the professions again, one eye keeping an eye on the furry green slug.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben laughed in relief when she seemed to be fgine with Sebastian's antics.  Well, I would love a drink if you wish to share. He sat down in the chair she offered, putting his caterpillar by the ball of paper so he would chew on that one.  My name's Benjamin, and I'd like to help if you need it.  Figuring out your profession is kinda tricky- you have a few different types to choose from.  He said taking a deep breath as he thought about how to describe things.

Professions that make permanent items- blacksmiths, tailors, and artisans- are good for gearing up early on, and always have a demand.  Though there's only a limited demand, and it's only for perfect items.  

Those that make consumables- cooks, alchemists and performers- are good to always have buff items, but the demand for them is never steady. You might have trouble getting buyers sometimes if you set up shop.

Then there's merchants.  They are support-ish, and will always have business and make col, but don't get to craft anything themselves.  They have to help others identify, scrap, and buy things themselves.

As Benjamin was explaining the different professions to her Kaiida began to drum her fingers on the table, staring off towards the bottles at the back of the bar.  The white haired girl stood up, and walks over nodding at the bar keep and grabs one of the bottles. It was labelled as Honey Juice. Snagging three glasses, one much shallower than the others, as well she makes her way back to the table, pouring the drinks as she does. 

Sliding one towards Benjamin she smiles at him. "So I need to pick if I want regular and low income, or sporadic and high income. I'd imagine that when the frontliners want to do a boss fight then there's a lot more consumables needed." Pouring some of the honied liquid into the shallow dish, Kaiida pushes it towards Sebastian. "Here you go." 

Herlips twitching with the hint of a smile before she clenches her hand. "Benjamin, what did you decide to take?" Her hand caresses her own glass before she takes a sip, her eyes opening wide for a moment before she takes another. "I honestly don't know what would be best for me." She fell silent, her finger scratching at the table again occasionally glancing at her the person who had decided to help her. "Why... Why are you helping me? It's because of my father isn't it. You want something from him!" She almost yells be downing the rest of her drink and pouring another one.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben nodded, absently watching his caterpillar alternating chewing on his new toy and trying out alcohol.  Yea, that seems to be the choices around here.  I just picked out a craft skill I'd use a lot, since I like to use expendables.  Actually, I took up alchemy since I wanted to help make some extra healing items for the front liners... though I'm still not good enough to make something that big quite yet.  I wanted to create the crystals that alchemist make, since anyone can use them while in combat without losing their ability to attack.  They are the only crafters who could reliably make quick use items like that, so that's why I chose them. he explained as he took a drink that was offered.  He wasn't usually a drinker- seeing his family get smashed every holiday was enough to keep him sober.  Though with the crazy game that was going on, he figured a bit wouldn't hurt, and took a long swig as well.  Well, I like helping out.  Too many people have died already in here, and I just can't live with myself if I didn't try to keep that from happening.  A dark look came over his face as he thought of all the people who had died while he was hiding in the beginning town.  I, um, don't really know who your father is... I'm not good with names though.  Do our families do business together?