PP - F16 High Seas <<The Swashbuckling Buccaneer>> (Calrex, Shield)

ID: 99036
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion -2) = 12 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<All Might>> ( 17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 52 Remaining)
(16+2) * 15 - 80 = 190 Damage to Burlock

Watching as Burlock went on the retreat Calrex gave a small sigh, watching the formerly composed quartermaster start to climb his way up into the upper parts of the ship, "Well, let's hope he doesn't pull a gun and start trying to..."

Looking forward the bluenette saw Shield lower himself into a launching position like a spring platform in a video game. With a smirk he gave a nod, "Got it!"

"Let's just hope I don't slip on the surface of the shield."

Rushing forward the bluenette stopped a few inches short so that he could redirect his momentum directly upwards, jumping into Shield's launching point. His eyes locked onto Burlock swinging across the ropes, suddenly growing closer as he felt his body get launched upwards. <<All Might>> began to burn with an even brighter light than before.

Reaching the apex of his jump Calrex looked forward, directly in the swinging path of Burlock's maneuvering. Drawing his fist back the Ultramarine Knight gave a calming breath before drawing his fist back, "Back to the deck with you!"

Punching downwards his avatar's fist smashed into the AI enemy's face from above, breaking the swing and forcing Burlock to release his grip, plummeting down towards the deck before bursting into crystals a story above the deck.

Feeling his body starting to be drawn back down by the game's gravity Calrex looked downwards before briefly scrambling for something to control his descent. However, there wasn't a pole or rope nearby, only a sail.

"Well let's hope this works..."

Making his hand into a claw grip the bluenette thrust his arm forward, the pointed fingertips of the gauntlets piercing into the surface before the cloth began to slowly rip apart, slowing Calrex's descent before he jumped off and did a quick roll upon landing on the deck, "Alright...looks like we're done...although I hope Bill Burner doesn't mind a single partially ripped sail."

Spoiler

[H:7] @Shield - HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 105/142 DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 [9-10] | BH: 75 | REC: 6 | LD: 8 | PRO: 3 | TNT
[H:0] Calrex - HP: 
1745/1745 | EN: 68/170 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 89 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | ACH: 0.6 (Battle Healing +87 Battle Healing)

<<Burlock, the Quartermaster>> HP: 106/600 | DMG: 165 | MIT: 80 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2

Spoiler

All Hands On Deck!: Immune to Paralysis/Stun.

Black Spot: Burlock’s cutlass is coated with a thin poison. On a successful hit, with a nat. CD rolls of 10-12, the target suffers 30 Poison Damage for their next two turns.

Davy’ Jones Locker: On nat. BD rolls of 9, Burlock deals 50 additional damage. On nat. BD rolls of 10,  Burlock deals 100 additional damage.

Shield winced as he watched the sail tear, but there was nothing that could be done at this point. As the very last of the pirates evaporated into fragments of light, a familiar voice with a slight accent wafted over the deck from the anchor side of the ship.

"Ah! Thank you heroes, for your daring rescue of myyyyYY SAIL!" carried the voice, rising as the speaker's eyes noticed the rather sizable tear that was now flapping in the sea breeze. Grudgingly, Bill offered the men a ride back to the main land, which wasn't much of a choice, because the alternatives were swimming or paddling. Once on the ground, Shield set about swapping out his gear.

"I'm going to make a quick sweep up on the twenty-second floor," he said, nodding towards the sky of the current floor. "Maybe get one last glance at the floor exit, see if there's anything worth seeing... maybe even find a little extra loot."

-Manticore Mask
-Stinging Nettle
+Raw Passion
+Seeking Aura

Upon reaching the main island again after completing of their quest Calrex gave a hesitant wave to the NPC as the man gave him a dirty look. Looking away the bluenette felt a sweatdrop form on the side of his head before glancing back. To some form of surprise, the bluenette saw that Bill Burner had already reset into his previous position for greeting players and starting the quest once again, "Geezes that was quick."

Facing forward he heard Shield talk about hearing to the twenty second floor in search of some more loot. Giving a nod Calrex approved, "Might as well. We do have some time to kill before the raid starts, so we might as well see what else we can find on this trip. Although if this goes similar to how it went last time, I think you'll be more likely to profit from the excursion, at least until I get another good item to trade."

Resting his hands at his sides the bluenette began to trace the route to the teleportation plaza in his mind, letting his body seemingly going into autopilot while following Shield, "I don't think I've had a chance to explore the new floor yet either. Wonder if there's anything notable that we can come back to once we get some more floors unlocked."

(1 Post out of Combat / 1 Energy Recovered / 53 Remaining)

@Shield

Searching for Chest:

ID# 99037 results: Loot: 19+11=30 - Chest found!

"It's mainly a vacation spot from what I can tell," Shield answered, trying to find words to capture the newest of the floors. It had only been available for a matter of weeks, but he had already done a little exploration. "I can tell you that there's definitely a very large fish up there. It's a bit of a defining moment, too, because it wouldn't be a challenge for you or I, but there were definitely players in that fight that needed to have a tank present to keep them safe."

The plaza came into view, and Shield stepped into the teleporter without hesitation. "Floor twenty two!"

The safe zone up here was a small one, which suited it well since it was intended to be rustic. The sky stretched out overhead with the mountains framing it along its border. Shield watched it for a while, waiting for Calrex to join him. Once they had left the edge of the settlement, Shield's detection earring blazed to life, lighting up like a Christmas light.

"I'm pretty sure we found something. It's rarely this bright." Pushing through the nearby underbrush, Shield found a small hollow stump, and there inside it, he could see the unmistakable outline of a chest. "Here we go."

Edited by Shield

"Heh, well if they need a tank in order to even catch a fish, that sounds like a fish I want to see...plus the fisherman that is trying to pull it up."

Following suit Calrex teleported to the twenty-second floor, his avatar appearing in the main settlement with a flash of light. Giving a small stretch before following Shield out of the safe zone and into the area just outside. However, it seemed they didn't have to go far to encounter something potentially of interest. His teammate's earring accessory began to light up almost to the brightness of a Sword Art as Shield turned to the potential object of interest, "Geezes, that was rather quick. Hopefully it's something useful...although we'd best be careful that no unwanted surprises are in there."

Feeling his digital muscles tense up Calrex drew his arm back, preparing to attack in case the chest that Shield found turned out to be a mimic. He had yet to encounter one of his own, but he had played more than enough video games to know that such things would appear at the most inopportune times. "Let's hope there's not a trap in there either."

"One ruins the whole chance of loot, the other partially ruins the loot. I just hope it's not either."

(2 Posts Out of Combat / 1 Recovered / 54 Remaining)

@Shield

Using Golden Key
Opening Chest:

ID# 99038 LD:6+7=13 CD:10 2,800 Col, 5 T3 Materials, 2 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Rare Weapon

Shield held up one his his Golden Keys. "If you're ever out hunting for chests, bring these along," he said over his shoulder. "It may be luck, but I've opened dozens of chests with these and never found a single trap or mimic. I'm thinking that mimics likely still count as chests, but they also happen to be alive. These things open them without waking them up. Or at least that's my theory. In either case, it's always better luck."

He held out the key which burst into golden sparks that showered onto the lock. The chest's lid popped up an inch or two, signifying it was not only open, but also safe. As soon as the lid opened, a dialog box appeared in front. Shield nodded, making a quick assessment of what was there. Between the two of them, they settled on an arrangement of how to split the contents.

"Well, I hope this outing got you what you needed," he said, checking the system clock and frowning. "Still lots to do though to prep for the fight. Stay alive, and feel free to stop by for some trail rations or something for the fight. More health is always helpful, especially since it boosts your battle healing. Take care."

With that, he gave a not and made his way back into the safe zone.

[Quest Rewards]

- Shield -

3 SP

12,100 Col

Pirate's Treasure
[+2 Prosperity Consumable]

1 Rare T3 Weapon
[99038c]

- Calrex -

3 SP

12,100 Col

Pirate's Treasure