[PP - F07] Running from Fear << Case of Wurms >>

Ruby had looked forward as she had grabbed her arm, she had looked with a fierce look, which had only made her more scared... she was scared she had been next to try to terrify her. However she had began to speak out and she had began to fight the urge to cry out again, she had listened before speaking out to her again "I'm that same girl... someone that knows when to admit defeat, I don't want you to get hurt by this... a while ago I met with those people, and I thought they were my friends... however with my flirty nature they had felt with how they helped me they felt like they deserved something just because they helped me. However they only wanted one thing which lead to me to being threatened my life or hand them the items they helped me get... or... you know... I don't want you to get involved, its too late for me Ember... I just want to be myself, but I cant even do that... please, just leave me, I don't want you to fall with me.." she had begged her trying to fight the urge to cry.

@Hestia

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look towards the ground feeling some of the guilt rise up as i pull you close to me and just hugs you tightly making sure to not let you go. We're in this together Cecilia. We're family and friends, and you can't make me back down from me wanting to help you out by helping you deal with those idiots. I say softly while holding you close just wanting to help as much as i can, and doing my best in every manner to try and make you see some form of logic, or at least see that i am not going to back down from wanting to help you out as much as i am physically able to do so. Also there will be no falling if anything only those idiots will fall when we send them to jail once i can see if Jomei has found any progress with that. i will make sure to reserve a extra special cell for those people if they decide to bother you, and harass you even more Cecilia. if they decide to bother you once more before the jail can get set up then i will make sure to duel them on my own if need be to teach them their place of not messing with my family. I say with a nod of my head.

Ruby had fought back to not cry, she had just not wanted her to get involved, she didn't want her to die because of her, however after a moment she had pulled Ruby close and hugged her tightly, Ruby had tried not to cry, however she had just let it all out. She had hugged her back and cried into her shoulder once again. She had completely forgot about the fact they had been family or really friends, she had felt like this was something she needed to hide away from all of them to prevent a lot of danger from coming to them. Ruby had let go of Hestia she had looked at her and she had just fell to her knees and cried into her hands "I-I'm so sorry Ember... I've kept this information away from everyone... I have been dealing with this problem for months... I didn't want you all to be involved because I put your safety in front of my own... even if it meant one day I could just vanish without a trace... i'm sorry... i'm sorry... i'm..." she had tried to force words to leave her mouth however she just couldnt.

@Hestia

I just get onto my knees and wraps my arms around your shoulders and puts my head gently against the top of yours. It is okay Ruby if you have had to deal with this for months and not even let it show once while still being the same happy and smiling girl. That just proves how strong you are capable of being, but i think it is now time to allow people to help you. Even if said people is just me if you only trust myself. I will stand by you and help you deal with those people as we work together in being able to do so. i say in a gentle tone of voice as i then move my head away from yours and tries to have you look me in the eyes as i move your hands away from your face. Now come on their is no need to cry not when you have me here to help you out, and not when you're strong enough to smile in the face of adversity. Also it helps with the fact that a fashionista like yourself has to look presentable when modeling her clothes. i try to do some humor to try to lighten the mood. Even if the joke could be seen as bad or poorly timed.

Ruby had sniffled and she had still continuously cried into her hands saying out to her in response "I forced myself to be... there was always a feeling in the back of my head that they would show up..." she had tried to force words, however she just couldn't make anything come out, before long Hestia and moved her hands to have her look into her eyes, Ruby had looked upset, her eyes and face was red and was wet from all the tears she had been crying, however she had just felt a little bad, Hestia's joke was poorly timed however she had knew what she had been trying to do, however a smile did not appear on her face. Ruby had fought back other feelings, she had just felt a little bad to how things had been ending up Ruby had looked down and said "I'm just sorry for everything Ember... I'm just hiding from a lot of emotions, some I just don't wish to hide anymore, some I do... I'm just sorry..."

@Hestia

You don't need to apologize at all Ruby i can understand why you would wish to hide this from others. Just know that you don't have to hide it anymore, or at the very least don't need to hide it from me. I say softly as i take your hands into mine as i have you look into my eyes. How about this why don't we head back towards the main settlement and try to have some fun? Get some food, maybe some of your favorites sweets. Just try to do things to cheer you up as much as possible. I offer with a nod of my head and a smile on my face. I look towards my familiar who nuzzles himself against you cuddling against to try and offer comfort of his own by showing that even Kuro is willing to be at your side to help as much as the lion familiar is able to do so. What do you say Ruby? Up for just hanging out and doing things that you can find fun? I ask curiously.

Ruby had cheered up a little bit, she had felt a little better from Hestia trying to comfort her, Ruby had let out a small chuckle trying to make the situation better herself she had felt like joking around, she had moved one of her hands to one of her cheeks and with one movement she had moved her other cheek to Ruby's lips to kiss her cheek, Ruby had then giggled and said "Are you trying to date me now? I know you want to make me more happy, however you don't have to invite me to a date to make me a little more happy." however she had stood up keeping one hand gripped onto one of hers saying "But I would love to, just don't spoil me too much. I know how much you like to work on a kiss on the cheek, are you trying to get a legit kiss now?" she had continued the joke, she had felt a little better letting out flirty energy rather than upset energy from the situation that had been happening.

@Hestia

I smile a bit at the kiss on the cheek. Not from the fact it was from you more so from the fact that it means that you are trying to cheer up yourself and join in the joking and being positive rather then letting the negative thoughts be plaguing your mind now. You know i'm not working for a kiss on the lips. I'm just doing what is right and that is cheering up a family member. I say in a rather cheerful tone of voice as i then nod my head and grabs your hand as i start to lead you back towards the main settlement. Grabbing your hand to make sure you don't run off or trip over anything from still being a bit teary eyes possibly. My familiar Kuro returning to be walking by my side to keep pace with me. So then what would you like to do first Cecilia? Worked up a bit of a appetite i am guessing? I ask trying to decide what to do first when we arrive at the main settlement.

Ruby had let out a giggle saying out to her "I know you are not, maybe I am now trying to get one of my own." she had giggled however she had looked down as she had seen through her tears that she had held her hand guiding her back towards the main settlement, she had wanted to ask why she had was holding her hand all the way back, however she could only guess what her response would be, so she had just kept a little quiet about it. After a moment she had asked what she would like to do, and asked if she wored up an appetite, Ruby had nodded her head and said "Yeah, I am getting... a little hungry... maybe I haven't gotten to eat anything yet today.." she had brought her other hand behind her head letting out a nervous chuckle. After a moment, Ruby had looked over to her side and pointed towards a direction and said "My eyes are a little blurry but.. is that a treasure chest?"

@Hestia

ID: 99135 - LD: 15+6=21

At hearing mention of a treasure chest i let go of your hand and goes to investigate the direction and sees that it is indeed a chest as i let out a soft whistle of appreciation. Dang nice eye girl. I say with a smile at that as step out of the way and gestures for you to do so. Figuring that if you were able to spot the chest even with slightly blurry vision that it is most likely possible that you have some kind of skill that would boost the loot on treasure chests for the two of us. You can go ahead and open it Ruby i think you owuld have a better chance at finding something pretty good on the inside when compared to my luck. I say with a small chuckle knowing that for myself not getting a mimic is consistent, but getting good rewards has been non-existent for the most part, or i would get this  weird sense i was so very close but at the sametime so far away.

Ruby had looked to see Hestia investigate it, in which she had confirmed that it was, saying that she could go ahead and open up the chest, Ruby had nodded her head saying to her as she had gotten onto her knees "Hopefully it contains some Col, I really need to find 10k more to refund Searching so I can move the SP onto my Hiding skill..." however as she had moved her hands to touch the Chest, the top portion of the Mimic had opened and bit down on her arms critically hitting her. Ruby had gotten startled after the Mimics attack and she had moved backwards wiping her eyes to make sure she had been seeing things clearly and properly, she had tried to get up, however she couldn't see where she was stepping, with a somewhat upset tone she had said "Even the game itself is against me. I just wanna be me and earn a kiss on the cheek god damn it!"

@Hestia

-----
ID: 99136 - LD: 1
ID: 99137 - MD: 9
Ruby - HP: 866/1040 - EN: 104/104
Hestia - HP: 1205/1205 - EN: 116/116
Mimic - HP: 600/600 - DMG: 174

I chuckle at your declaration and then quickly realizes i entered this fight without any of my armor. 'Well Sh*t.' I think to myself as i give a apologetic look as i quickly equip all of my gear starting with heavy armor, then my shield, and finally my sword as i look towards you. Sorry about that Ruby i should've been prepared for the fact we could've faced a Mimic this one is on me for not being prepared. I say in a apologetic tone as i look towards the chest beast as it scuttle around the area trying its best to remain able to avoid our attacks as i focus on it knowing that during the time that it took me to get equipped that you probably had enough time to attack the Mimic once more as i look to see how that went for yourself when you went to punch the moving chest. I can only hope successful since it seemed to have taken a good bit of HP off of yourself with its attack.

Ruby had shook her head and said "It's not your fault, we didn't know we were going to open this treasure chest, and for it to also be a Mimic, its okay, just don't leave me alone here." then she had finally got a good stance on the ground standing, things however still had remained a little blurry from the tears, however she knew she had to do something towards the Mimic, she had charged her punching arm and tried to hit the Mimic with All Might, however as she had moved to punch it, the Mimic had opened its Chest and bit down on the arm that had been swinging. It critically hit against Ruby and he had kept his mouth shut keeping her arm in place. Ruby had tried to move, however despite how hard she had tried she just couldn't get her arm out of the chest.

@Hestia

-----
ID: 99140 - BD: 1 - MD: 10
Ruby - HP: 692/1040 - EN: 104/104
Hestia - HP: 1205/1205 - EN: 116/116
Mimic - HP600/600 - DMG: 174

I watch as the mimic manages to get another strike on your form and lowering you rather dangerously low as i quickly activate focused howl as i slam my sword into my shield to gain the mobs attention. Come on over here mimic! You can't get past this impenetrable fortress. Try to topple me. I challenge it with a grin on my face as i stand my ground holding my shield close to me and my sword ready to counter respond to its attack against me. Knowing that in reality i won't be attacking it at all, and more so be focused on making sure i can get you all healed up to prevent any nasty surprises if we get jumped after this fight for whatever reason the game could decide is a good reason. Okay now you should be able to get a good hit on it nwo that it is focusing solely on me Ruby! Give it everything you got. i say with a smile on my face as i prepare myself for the mob's attack against me.

Ruby - HP: 692/1040 - EN: 104/104
[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1205/1205 - EN: 108/116  Thorns: 54
Mimic - HP600/600 - DMG: 174

Ruby had just felt a little frustrated that the game had been against her, even despite her getting extremely frustrated about a previous people coming to find her once again. However after a moment, Hestia had hit her Shield with her Sword and taunted the Mimic, the Mimic had opened its mouth and moved to strike against Hestia with its tongue... however after hitting her for very little damage, he himself had taken more damage than he had dealt. Ruby had looked forward at the Mimic seeing it take damage presumably from thorns and she had charged her Arm once more and managed to successfully hit the Mimic, however unlike the boss they had fought before, this Mimic was stilll standing after Thorns and a All Might Strike against it. Ruby had felt just a little frustrated, every second spent without trying to get the mod is another second that they could find her.

@Hestia

-----
ID: 99145 - BD: 7+3=10 - MD: 7+1=8
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 692/1040 - EN: 86/104
[H: 5] Hestia - HP: 1182/1205 - EN: 116/116
Mimic - HP321/600 - DMG: 174 [-225 DMG Ruby / -54 Thorns]

I nod my head with a smile as i watch as the mimic gets punched away from you as i quickly move forward as my hands glow green as i run them along where the mimic had bit you healing you up and taking care of the wound as you go from below the halfway almost back to full within one use of the skill as i smile rather happily as i can even see that for the amount of healing done that it was a rather low amount of energy that ended up being used. Which means i should be fine for the boss raid without having to worry much at all. With a nod i smile towards you. Continue to punch it real good Ruby show this mimic who the boss is. I say in a playful tone of voice while punching the air for a few seconds before i then back away from you to make sure that the mimic couldn't accidentally hit you when going to attack me. Wanting to make sure all the focus is upon me without any worry that it could go to attack you.

Action Taken: first aid  Heals 208  ENG: -10

[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 900/1040 - EN: 86/104
[H: 5] Hestia - HP: 1182/1205 - EN: 99/116
Mimic - HP321/600 - DMG: 174

Ruby had looked up towards Hestia which had started to heal her, Ruby had smiled and said to her "Thanks Sweetie, took one too many hits to be comfortable with my current HP." she had giggled. She had looked back towards the Mimic waiting for the best time to attack, Hestia had continued to taunt the Mimic in which he had fell for another attack which lead to him taking more damage than what it could actually deal. Ruby had charged up one more attack on the Mimic using the sword art "All Might" bringing its HP down to a really low point. One where she thought it would be enough for Thorns to fill up the gaps, however this thing had already critically hit her twice so in all honesty anything could really happen, Ruby had kept the same composition in combat.

@Hestia

-----
ID: 99148 - BD: 5+3=10 - MD: 7+1=8
[H: 2]
 Ruby - HP: 900/1040 - EN: 86/104
[H: 5] Hestia - HP: 1161/1205 - EN: 99/116
Mimic - HP42/600 - DMG:
 174 [-225 DMG Ruby / -54 Thorns]

I smile at seeing the mimic once more be punched as it tries to attack me but barely makes me budge from where i am standing as i then run over towards where you are and heals up the rest of your HP bar with the first aid skill and grins giving a nod of my head. One last hit and you will have killed the Mimic. Give it one last good hit. I say in a cheerful tone of voice as i back away to not interfere when you go strike against the mob as i look towards my familiar who is just resting by this point as i nod my head and sits down as well completely content with just watching what is going to happen which is the utter destruction of the mimic done by you. Not minding this at all since this is already much better then any chest we could have gotten from this tier 1 floor which wouldn't have awarded much of anything for the two of us in terms of good things.

Action Taken First Aid: healed 140   Energy lost: 7

[H: 2] Ruby - HP: 900/1040 - EN: 86/104
[H: 5] Hestia - HP: 1191/1205 - EN: 93/116
Mimic - HP42/600 - DMG:

Ruby had nodded her head and said out to her "I will at least try to dish out one more good hit, no guarantees that I would be able to do so though." she had let out a giggle. Then she had basically waited for the opportunity to arise, she had waited for the Mimic to attack, in which it did however it had horribly missed Hestia, Ruby had knew that something like this would happen, whether it would crit or something... she had knew something just something had to happen. However she had followed with an attack of her own that had ended the poor mimics, life. Seeing the rewards she had sighed "I'm never going to get the 10k I need at this rate, or at least it would take me too long..." she had said with a bit of worry "I don't want them to find me..." she had said out under her breath trying to not let it affect her.

@Hestia

-----
ID: 99150 - BD: 5+3=8 - MD: 1
ID: 99151 - LD: 5+6=11 - CD: 8
[H: 2]
 Ruby - HP: 900/1040 - EN: 64/104
[H: 5] Hestia - HP: 1191/1205 - EN: 93/116
Mimic - HP0/600 - DMG: 174
Loot: 1800 Col, 1 T1 Crafting Material, 1 T1 Unidentified Weapon

If you need a quick ten thousand COL we could always do those quests that offer a insane amount of COL for completing them those re spawning floor bosses. Avalanche, wind wasp queen, and the sand shark. You could do those three quests and come out on top and gain enough COL to not even have to worry about it all that much if you wanted to really. I tell you with a nod of my head. Offering a idea that could work with getting lots of col within two quests probably if we played our cards correctly. I look around the area and nods my head. Lets continue heading back towards the main settlement. Get some food, and then head out towards one of the three floors where we could fight such a monster since you need that money quick, and what better terms of being quick is it then doing multiple quests on one day you know? I say with a grin on my face feeling a small surge of excitement at the prospect myself liking the idea of getting more experience to prepare me for the next floor boss and quests that could possibly provide a challenge to myself.