[ PP - 03 ] <<Worn Out Welcome>> [ Spangie + Reinholt ]

Spangie skipped through the paved paths excitedly. "I wonder where they are.. to think I'd have this town memorized already.." she muttered, a small depressing sigh coming from her. I still have no idea where the shop is, that guy said it should be somewhere around here.. what was his name again? Eh, that's not important. She shrugged and peeked behind the corner. "Aha! There it is!" she grinned cheekily and dashed towards the blacksmith shop. This quest might be too easy for me, but that armor might be useful and I could even maybe level up! She thought, not focusing on what's in front of her.

"Maybe I'll even get some Col to buy some new st- oof!" her eyes widened as she bumped into a tall figure, making her lean back. "Wahh!" she held her balance on one foot for a few heartbeats before giving up with a sigh and falling backwards. "Ow.. I think.." she rubbed her head and looked up. "Aha.. sorry for bumping into you. I'm really clumsy.." she sweat dropped, rubbing her neck. 

@Reinholt

Reinholt walked the paved paths almost aimlessly. It was his first time on the third floor and he had only really came up here to see if he could buy some better gear so he could  grind faster. He slacked off far too long, but he had some Col in hand and was ready to get to work, so to speak. I wonder where the best Smith in up here is.. He thinks to himself and pauses for a moment and opens his menu to look at a map of the area. “Well if I’m here..I guess I’ll start there.” He mutters to himself, just as something or as it were, someone crashes into him.

”Oof!” His size compared to the girl that had ran into him helped him to keep his balance, but it definitely forced the wind out of him. He stares at her in shock for a moment before he realizes she is off balance and falling. He launches his hand out to try and grab her before she falls but grabs nothing but thin air, being mere centimeters away from her. With a sigh he crouches down next to her, extending his hand out to help her back to her feet. “You’ve got nothing to be sorry about. Im the one who knocked you down. Are you okay?”

@Spangie

Spangie graciously took his hand and gave a wry smile. "No, no, no.. It's my fault. I wasn't watching where I was walking.." she gave a nervous chuckle as she rose up and brushed her armor. She gave an apologetic bow and held out her hand. "Sorry again, my name is Spangie!" she grinned, and rubbed her neck with her free hand. She tilted her head, "I haven't seen you around these parts before, are you new in Floor Three? I'm pretty forgetful but I think I would remember faces," she giggled and intertwined her fingers behind her back. "I have a shop around this area, so I hang out here a lot.." she sighed depressingly and gave a forced smile. "You visit anytime you want though!" she added, her voice piping up.

"I was just making my way to a shop that has a quest.." she trailed off her fingers fiddling, "It gives you a free armor of your choice, but I'm only doing it for the Col.. I'm running pretty low.." she gave a weary laugh and looked up with a bright smile.

@Reinholt

Reinholt chuckles as he helps her to her feet. He listens to her patiently as she does seem to ramble quite a bit, but she seemed like she was just a bit nervous. After she introduces herself, he inclines his head slightly. "Reinholt. Its a pleasure Ms. Spangie." He looks around and shrugs his shoulders slightly. "Haven't seen me because this is probably my first time being on the Third floor, because this ugly mug is hard to forget, believe me." He says with a grin while pointing at his face and the eyepatch he wore. "You have as shop up here? Thats great. You must be pretty decent level then."

As she starts talking about the quest he definitely gets interested. He had a decent sword but still lacked in the armor department. "Now, I know I'm lower level than you but if you need a hand, I could use some upgraded armor. You could have the whole Col reward. I don't really need any right this moment." He would likely be dead weight, but he could deal some damage if given the opportunity.

@Spangie

Edited by Reinholt
  • 3 weeks later...

She gave a small laugh and shook her hands, "No need to be so formal, just Spangie is good," she sweat dropped and gave a wide smile. "Oh? I can always show you around," she grinned, her arms making a semi-circle above her head, "I find it very peaceful here. Relaxing even," she giggled. She shook her head and gave another reassuring smile, "I'd be able to remember you definitely..." she trailed off, "N-not that you're ugly or anything! You're just really unique compared to the other players I've seen! T-thats good by the way!" her cheeks flared as she stammered. After she calmed down she sighed and looked up with a shrug. "I'm not that decent, i try to avoid fights. I would never go out to the front lines.. ever," she shuddered, "Too scary," she chuckled nervously, scratching the back of her nape. "I'm not your average gamer.." she puffed.

Her eyes widened, "O-oh! I mean, if you really want to! It's a really easy quest, you won't have to do much.. just kill a couple monsters here and there," she grinned cheekily. "You can certainly come if you want! I just want the EXP," she held out her hand, "So you wanna come or not? lets shake on it!"

@Reinholt

Reinholt watched Spangie with an amused smile as she nervously explained herself. He was glad that he was out of those awkward teenage years that's for sure. He personally wanted to fast track himself to the frontline, where-as many other players were happy just surviving. "I mean to make it to the Frontline as quickly as possible. I've kept to myself for far too long." He says before take her hand in his to 'shake on it'. His hand was much larger than hers, which made him smirk to himself. "Well Spangie, you can call me Reinholt, or basically any combination of it. I don't really care. And dont worry, while you're with me, I'll protect you." He winks at her and flashes a smile. He was pretty sure she was a higher level then he was, but it was the thought that counts, right? One day though, he would be able to say that and actually mean it.

She gave a wry chuckle and nodded her head, “Yeah, a lot of people have that dream,” she sighed, “SAO isn’t made for me, I like a lot of the things in here though,” her face turned into a smile. “But you’re definitky going to make it up there one day,” she giggled, “The frontlines need more people like you, I would just drag them down, heheh..” she chuckled nervously.

”Reinholt, very interesting name by the way,” she grinned, “I like that about SAO. So many interesting people and places,” she clapped her hands together. “I’m sure you will,” her hands curled into a thumbs up as she peeled over his shoulder. “O-oh right! The quest!” She said pointing behind him, “I haven’t gotten it yet so I have to get the quest in that shop, wanna come with? We’re both doing it anyways right?” She gave him a matching smile and pointed to he sky, “Onwards, to victoryyyyy!”

@Reinholt

Edited by Spangie

Reinholt couldn't help but chuckle. This girl was something else and super hyper active. It was a nice change of pace from his normal lonely brooding self."Like Spangie is any less unique?" He asked but she had already changed the subject, shouting about victory and what have you.  With a wry shake of his head he moves aside and motions for her to go first. "Yes, yes. We're both doing it. Lead the way, cause like I said I have no idea where I'm going. I'll follow your lead on this one, ok? You go ahead and accept the quest and ill wait outside. But dont forget to add me to your party!" She was percisely the kind of player he wanted to protect and fight for on the frontlines. She was right, not everyone was ment to fight on the frontlines but he was and one day he would be there, fighting to save people like Spangie.

She shrugged and smiled. “Okie dokie,” she grinned and walked towards the blacksmiths house. “I’ll only be here for a few minutes. They’re supposed to be nice so..” she crossed her fingers and winked. “Wish me luck!” She said happily, stepping into the smiths shop. “Oh wait!” She shouted, stopping midway through the stairs, “What kind of armor do you want? Heavy or light?” After his answer she smiled and bounced into the shop.

The shop was filled with shelves full of weapons from spears to swords to daggers. “Wow..” she murmured, running her hands on the shelves. “Anyone here?!” She shouted throughout the house.

“Aye, here we are,” she heard a hardy voice from behind the corner. “You’re here for the quest, yes?” he puffed. Rubbing his hands together.

The player nodded her head and pointed at the door. “Yeah my friends outside, he’ll be taking the armor for the quest.”

”Yeah, sure, sure. Just take the quest,” he huffed, walking to the corners of the shop. So nice. She sighed an accepted the quest.

”I got the quest!” She shouted a few minutes later, running out the blacksmiths shop with a grin.

@Reinholt

Reinholt watches her make her way toward the blacksmith, before interlocking his fingers behind his neck and arcing his back to stretch. She asked him what armor mid-stretch, causing him to jerk forward and cough, semi embarrassed. "Uh. The heavy armor. Please!" He says just as she disappears inside. Chuckling despite himself he runs his hand through his hair.

Something she said stuck with him. Life here in SAO might not be what it was IRL, but it wasn't exactly bad either. When you grow up wishing you were in a land of swords and dragons, Aincrad was the awnser to your fantasy. But regardless, there were kids, husband's, wife's, whole families that were torn apart by this death game. He couldn't just stand by and let that happen.

Spangie interrupts his thoughts springing forth from the shop. With a smile he nods his head. "That's great! You know where we have to go now? Cause I'm ready!"

“Uh..” she opened up her menu and scanned the quest. “We have to go that forest full of spiders, yuck.” She sighed, “Defeat a dark elf and we come back to the shop so they can make the armor,” she shrugged. “That’s pretty much it.”

She pointed to the exit of the town, “It should just be a straight line from that exit,” She grinned, grabbing his arm. “Let’s gooooo!”

On the way to the forest, the player was happily skipping through the fields of vivid flowers. “I absolutely love it here~” she cooed. “It’s so pretty!” She giggled, her smile as bright as the sun itself. “It’s nice to live here right?” She stretched out her arms. “I want to get a nice house an live here! I’m definitely too broke for a big one though,” She grumbled, kicking at the ground. “So, where do you plan on settling in?” She looked back at her towering party member. “Do you prefer the nice forests? Chilling air? Extreme heat?” She questioned, her smile growing wider.

@Reinholt

"As long as we don't run into any of those giant spiders, I'll be ok." Reinholt chuckles as they begin their journey toward the quest location. Go and kill one mob then come back? That doesn't sound too bad. He thinks to himself as they exit the city and begin to cross the field of flowers. This was all pretty and what not but not really his taste.

"I honestly haven't given it too much thought, but I prefer to be in the mountains. I doubt I'll ever actually look into getting a home or anything, maybe a shop." He says to Spangie. At first he seemed kind of grumpy about the subject but her smile was infectious so he couldn't help but smile just as much.

"But from what I've heard the 7th floor is what I'll like. Nimbus sounds amazing. Being built into a mountain like that? He chuckles and shakes his head, falling silent.

Edited by Reinholt

“Oo, does someone have arachnophobia?” She giggled stretching her hands. She puffed and sighed, “I’m bored,” she said after a few seconds of silence, “Quick! 21 Questions! Uh.. what is your.. favorite hobby?!” She grinned, facing him all while walking backwards.

”Oh that sounds cool, what profession are you looking into?” She rubbed her chin, “There’s a bunch of cool ones you should look into. But the mountains are a pretty cool place to live.”

”Yup, this game is pretty weird,” she chuckled alongside him. “It’s be cool for it to be like this in real life, yeah?” She grinned and fiddled with her hands. “What do you think you’re going to do when you get out of here?”

@Reinholt

Reinholt shrugs his shoulders. "Wouldn't call it a phobia. I'm fine with them, as long as they're not the size of you know, a horse or a house." He says with a chuckle and nods toward the looming forest. They were getting closer. "Favorite hobby..in game or IRL? In game is probably fighting. IRL..is also probably fighting." He smirks and tucks his thumbs into his belt as he walks.

"Probably a blacksmith. I like the Idea of forging my own gear. Have you thought about any professions?" He asks as he gently take a her arm and turns her around, motioning to tree line. He reaches up and draws his heavy sword. "We're getting close now. Let's stay on our toes." He takes a step infront of her, smiling as he passes.

"This game is nice I'll say that. It grants a wish I've had since I was a kid, to be a hero and fight dragons. But at the end of the day nothing is real here." He glances back over his shoulder at her. "I would hope life would go back to normal. I would go to work. Come home, wash and repeat." He shrugs and falls silent, his eyes and ears alert.

She giggled and gave an evil smirk, "Sureeee." she grinned, and nudged him with her shoulder, "Tell yourself what you want to hear," a small chuckle came form her as she skipped happily through the bright flowers. "Woah, you fight? Like what, do you do some kung fu or ka-ra-te?" she joked, making a few chopping motions with her hands. "That sounds cool though, you have a way to defend yourself. If someone ever tried to attack me in real life I would walk em' with a canvas or paintbrush," she said nervously, "Not a natural fighter," she laughed, rubbing her elbows.

"Oh, yeah that sounds cool. Give me a discount if you ever make anything good, yeah?" she smirked, patting his shoulder. "I already did the quest. I became a cook, we're not taken very seriously though. It's usually the blacksmiths and tailors who get all the attention," she sighed defeatedly. Her body flinched as he grabbed her, "O-okay," she stuttered, slowly taking out her dagger. She flashes a small nervous smile back and bounds after him.

"Yeah," she muttered, twirling her hair in one finger, "It really does I guess, I've always wanted to have some exotic animal as a pet," she smiled weakly and crossed her arms. "Yeah, it would be fun to go back," I don't want to go back, it's too bland.. she sighed, and shook her head. Of course I want to go back! What are you thinking Spangie?

@Reinholt