[F4-PP] The yeti falls <<Essence of Steel>>

I walk into the town of snowfrost keeping my hands in my pockets with a smile on my face. Remembering yesterday i had spent so much time grinding that one quest three times, but sadly i do need to do a fourth. Just couldn't afford to do so since i needed to keep to my own schedule of taking down more quests like Halibut, and Herculean Labor. Having at my side my familiar as i am just wearing my casual clothing of a black jacket with the symbol of a lion, and a guitar. With the lion being on the back, and the guitar going across the front. Wearing long grey pants, and a red shirt with a dragon coming from a flame. I gaze around the town of Snowfrost with a calm look in my blue colored eyes having my familiar at my side. The both of us ready to take down the Yeti for the last time and for good. Getting ready to pass by the teleport gate, and a rather popular tavern that is a good few yards in front of me.

(Party Leader is Hestia.  @Pinball)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crunch, crunch. Pinball darted through the small town of Snowfrost, sending up snow in his wake. "PINBALL!!" The voice echoed far in the distance, sending the lanky boy into yet another swift, albeit short, sprint. His spear was slung across his back, keeping his unzipped, thick white "snow" jacket from flowing behind him like a cape. Damn it, damn it, damn it, he thought. He had been running for a long while now, but he had taken a break. That had cost him time. They're far behind, he knew, but Jesus Christ, they're persistent. Crunch, crunch, crunch. His feet sunk deep into the snow. Zomekko, his ghostly familiar, floated over his shoulder, trailing behind him like that fairy from that game he forgot the name of. Too many puzzles, not enough people, he recalled passively, then pushed it to the back of his mind with a shake of the head. "PINBALL! GET BACK HERE!" Pinball kept running. Suddenly he came upon the main part of the town, a girl appearing right in front of him as he took a sharp turn. "Watch out!" He twisted to the side, trying to spin around her, only to stop dead in his tracks, nearly tripping over a white lion. Hestia, the name came to mind. He instead redirected the force to his side, sending him tumbling backward into the snow. 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 27

Health: 540 | Energy: 54

DMG: 14 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:

►N/A

Weapon skills:

►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:

►N/A

Extra skills:

►<<Fishing>>

►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster

►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A

Modifiers:

►N/A

Inventory

»[Equipped] [Demonic] Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed

»[Equipped] [Perfect] Leather Armor of the Amatuer: +3 EVA

»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 AC

I continue to make my way through the town with a smile on my face moving at a steady pace as my lion takes point for a bit walking ahead of me as i shrug thinking he just wants to move faster to stretch out his muscles and limbs as much as he can to try and get some exercise in to do something instead of just lazing around at my shop. I suddenly start hearing a shout in the distance as i raise a eyebrow at that. Pinball..Pinball..i've heard that name before. Ooohh yeah it is that kid from the Guardian's party, and the kid who helped me out with Monizo since i couldn't do any damage without killing something. I say to myself with a nod as i then see the player in question spin around me as i mentally applaud him for to have that good reaction timing and pretty good form to spin such as that. I then see him fall into the snow as i chuckle in amusement as i walk over to him. So then Pinball want to tell me why you are running like a bat out of Hell? i ask curiously already knowing i am not going to let this boy get away without answering me that question. Figuring if anything it will be very amusing to hear the answer.

Pinball spun in the snow, rolling onto his stomach. Ah, [censored]. He pushed himself up as quick as he could, his teeth grit and his eyes shut tight. Zomekko swirled around his torso, a shadowy fog, once, twice, before coming to a stop and swirling into the bottle hanging from his belt like a black whirlpool. He came to his feet, casting a glance over his shoulder. Muffled shouts and curses could barely be made out in the distance, but Pinball wasn't inclined to wait around and see what they had to say. He spun around, shooting apologetic finger guns at Hestia as he skipped backwards. "Sorry, sorry, sorry 'bout that," he laughed, the bottle at his waist swinging wildly from the movement. "Don't worry about it."  Though he smiled as if it were no big deal, the exhaustion and anxiousness in his voice was all too obvious. He put a hand on the jar, steadying it, then looked back at Hestia. Then at her lion, then back to her. He turned, throwing a wink at her. "You're lookin' pretty cute today," he said, his voice thick with bubbly humor. Despite the fact he was joking, his face turned bright red. The voices in the distance suddenly got much louder. "PINBALL!" His face went slack, and he gave a helpless shrug. "Catch ya later, Hesti-baby." Pinball turned around completely now, and began to run off.

I raise an eyebrow at Pinball's strange behavior and as soon as i see him starting to run off i shake my head and grabs the back of his shirt at the collar and pulls back making sure you aren't escaping this situation. Pinball. What did you do that you got people angry with you. Don't run away if you have done something wrong. You have to face the consequences of your actions not running away from them. I say in a serious tone as i glance towards Kuro who nods as he quickly tackles you towards the ground towards me as i let go of your shirt the moment i see kuro in the air pouncing as he knocks you to the ground. I then glance down towards you with some small amounts of amusement. Now then you'll be waiting their until i hear a answer. I say with a grin of amusement as Kuro just lays across your body completely content with doing so apparently. Not knowing what is going on, but if it is somehow theft or such rather glad to allow this to occur to allow justice for actions to occur. If it is people wanting ill will then handling them will be easy for myself.

"Hest- No!" Pinball was pulled back and knocked to the ground by her lion. This is way too familiar, he thought glumly. Except this time, I did do something wrong. Technically. He shook his head, scooting back. No, this is different. He could see the two men in the distance, both wearing the same cloakes. They both wore bright, flashy armor under their cloaks, bucklers tied to their belts, and rapiers swinging on their waists. They seemed to finally take notice of him, the taller one pointing him out. They were relatively far out, but they would be here soon, and Pinball glared at them with a crazed look in his eyes. "What the hell," he growled under his breath. They were in a safe zone, but Pinball reached for his spear. If I attack someone, he thought, looking around for the town's guards, maybe they'll throw me out? He looked back up to Hestia, scrambling to his feet. She was demanding answers, but Pinball wasn't in the mood to stick around. "Damn it, Hestia," he grumbled, reaching for the spear slung over his shoulder. "You don't get it.The two men were approaching them had stopped now, and were curiously watching the scene unfold from afar. "Oi," one of the men called out to them. Zomekko swirled around irritably in the jar, black mist dripping from the corners of the overfilled glass. The two started walking again, the crest sewn on their crimson cloaks becoming visible as they did: a black crow with white-tipped wings. 

I quickly take in everything happening as i nod my head as i step in between the distance of where the men are and where you are as i look towards them with a serious look in my eyes as i equip my armor and equipment my familiar coming to my side. The name is Hestia Jack of All Trades of the Holy Dragon Alliance and frontline member. Who are you men, and why are you chasing after the player known as Pinball. Pinball if i see you run i am filing you under guilty and will be treated as such. I say in a serious tone not wanting anybody to leave and wanted to be taken seriously. Thus the very dramatic intro to make sure everybody knew who they were messing with if they went against what i wanted to know. Just wishing to understand the story in reality, and hoping that the little fear trick could work against these people to hear what has happened. Holding back the small amount of guilt that i feel at having to threaten somebody that i view as a ally.

The men stopped about twelve feet away from Hestia, the one who appeared to be the leader of the duo placing a hand on the other's chest. The leader stepped forward, pulling the hood from his face. Dark green, presumably dyed hair met the open air, the cloaked man glancing between the two. Pinball's eye twitched, his jaw shut tight. The man listened to Hestia's introduction, flinching ever so slightly at the mention of her guild's name. He lifted his hands, as if to clear his throat, then stopped. "God, I hate this cloak," he cursed, ripping it off. The cloak fell to the side, revealing the man's heavy armor. "I'm Jayde, of the White-Tipped Ravens." His fingers danced along the pommel of his rapier, a rather ornate looking weapon of gold and silver. His companion, in comparison, looked plainly geared. His armor was a dark blue, matching the small shield hanging from his waist. "Pinball," he said calmly, motioning to the boy without so much as a glance, "Has stolen something from us. We've been sent here to return it."

Pinball looked ready to pounce on the man right there, but Jayde interrupted him. "But,he began, glancing once at Hestia, quickly averting his eyes, "I don't think now is the best time for that." Jayde looked to Pinball, his green eyes meeting Pinball's blue. "Tomorrow. Right here. You bring it." It was then that Jayde's companion spoke up. His voice, in comparison, was much more rough, his way of talking more to the point. "An' why the 'ell are we letting 'im go?" The man stepped forward, gripping the hilt of his own rapier. He drew the weapon, a plain, steel blade, at Pinball. "This kid 'ad us runnin' for a solid fifteen minutes. An' I can tell ye right now, Sugutsuya ain't gonna be happy we let 'im off so easy." Jayde grabbed the man's weapon in one hand, lowering the blade. "We're leaving," he said matter-of-factly, glaring at the man. The hooded figure muttered a curse, sheathed his rapier, and spun around, storming off. Jayde regarded Hestia and Pinball with a nuetral expression. With a nod, he too turned around, and started walking away. 

Once the two men leave i just calmly turn towards you and looks you in the eyes as i switch back towards my vanity gear as i walk on over towards you crossing my arms at my chest with a disappointed look on my face. Tell me what you stole Pinball and you better be honest about it. I say with a serious look in my eyes as i check your cursor knowing that theft is counted as a crime within this game so if any theft would occur it would change a cursor from green to orange even if temporarily. Once i checked it i would continue to look back at you. Also why would you mess with a guild in the first place? Are they player killers cause if they are then i am fine with you stealing from them to try and help those in need of help, but if you stole just for the sake of stealing i will make sure you do your time for the act. The easiest way is just messaging your guild leader to put you through some training if you stole for the sake of doing so. I say with a small chuckle. However, even with me saying all of this i want to believe your innocence so i want to hear your side of things of how it got to this point, and when you go to those people tomorrow bring me along. I don't trust them to play fair since that one was rather uppity about the issue being resolved now. I tell you as i keep my hands within my pockets.

Pinball shook his head as he wiped the snow off his pants. "They're not player-killers," he lied, "and I didn't steal anything. They took something from me. I just took it back." Pinball's cursor was green, but his last statement wasn't completely honest, either. I went through hell to keep that cursor colour, he thought bitterly. Manipulation, bribes, lies, and empty promises. They weighed heavily on his conscious, but he was dead set in his determintation to recover what Sugutsuya had taken from him. It was a dangerous business, too. After Sugutsuya had retired from the broker business, he had established the White-tipped Ravens, a sketchy bunch at best. Pinball had only recently recognized the true nature of the organization, which endangered him all the more. Still, there was a certain thrill to things that Pinball couldn't ignore. What he was doing technically wasn't stealing, but there was the risk of being caught that sent a rush of adrenaline through his veins not quite like anything else in the game. Though Pinball hadn't realized it himself, with no substances that alter the mind in-game, Pinball had taken up more dangerous activities to help cope with negative feelings. He bottled his emotions, picked up treacherous hobbies, and changed. 

Pinball began to turn, a small frown pulling on his lips. "Sorry about that," he apologized. "You shouldn't have had to get involved with that whole... show." Pinball was confident Hestia would be able to handle herself if the guild decided to target her for some reason; from what he knew, she was insanely powerful, and had strong connections to boot. She should have stayed out of it. His eyebrows twitched, a spark of suppressed anger in his eyes. He started walking. "I'm gonna go kill something."

Edited by Pinball

I look at you with a raised eyebrow. You know i have dealt with people who were better liars then you Pinball. You can't hide anything from me when it comes to trying to lie to me. I made sure to learn as much as i can from a master of deception. By making sure he wasn't trying to trick me. I say to you in a calm manner not calling you out directly. Just implying that i know you had lied to me. Also what did you steal back, and if they truly stole it then that means that their cursors would've turned orange. I didn't see a orange cursor on those two, and if others in their guild are orange players that means they could've other crimes also. I say to you while looking you in the eyes making sure to have you look me in the eyes the entire time. That way i can watch for any small little signs of nervousness or deception. When you begin to leave i just continue to walk alongside you as my familiar joins me. Pinball apparently you forgot what i am all about. I protect players who are in need of some help and try to settle disputes between groups, so when you go and have what i am going to guess is a duel done with deceit and tricks. You have me be their also to make sure they behave. Cause without me playing a fear factor they will just force whatever you took from them out of you. Also if you need to kill something i have a yeti problem that needs to die. I tell you flat out. I need to get two more essence of steels.

His face brightened when she called him out for the fib. She explained what she thought about the players and his situation, and he couldn't help but be a bit annoyed at her reasoning. He shook his head. "They won't try to duel me. I'm fine." He didn't really know. "Don't worry about it. I'm just not going to go tomorrow." He had tried to minimalize his contact with the guild once they started growing as an organization; they had went from being a relatively sketchy gang of rowdy outcasts to a shadowy guild of people Pinball didn't want to be around period. And Sugutsuya... He was at the top of it all. His old info-broker, the man he had trusted for the past two years. It almost made Pinball sad; but the things that man had done were unforgivable in his eyes. A plan suddenly sparked in the back of his mind, and he idly considered the possibility of drawing Sugutsuya out... until he tripped over a root and lost his train of thought completely. "Yeah, yeah," he said absent mindedly, a dull tone to his voice, "I'll come and fight the thing with ya. Sounds fun.

I raise a eyebrow at that as i keep my hands within my pockets. You know that if you don't go tomorrow that they will just continue trying to find you, and then continue just trying to get whatever they want from you. I say to you with a slightly concerned look on my face. Knowing that this strategy is going to fail if he is trying to avoid dealing with this guild. that if it is any guild that is serious about trying to find players it will most likely having someone with the searching mod tracker to hunt down players who take something that doesn't belong to them. When you trip over a root i do giggle ever so slightly as i watch you catch your balance so you don't fall completely face first into the snow. Well i'm glad that you're willing to help me deal with my grinding problem, but if you're worried about me being all to weak don't be. I'm slowly working on that little issue. I say with a grin on my face. Rank four sword arts is what i got which is allowing me to do some decent damage considering i am a tank and support at the moment. I tell you.

He bit his lip, for a moment overwhelmed with emotions. "No," he said again, this time much more slowly, "It's fine." He knew the risks. He'd put up with the chasing for now. Eventually they'd give up, and turn to more violent methods, depending on how much they wanted their item back. It was worth absolutely nothing, though it was the only thing she had left behind. He finally had it back, and he wouldn't give it up. Sugutsuya had been a collector of oddities since he could remember, fond of bobbles and trinkets of different caliburs since the very beginning. Pinball's face grew stern. He still had to retrieve the Heart of Ice, an amulet that Sugutsuya had gotten Pinball and Froppy to search for, though he had been in possession of it the entire time. So many things, this man had taken from him; the majority being petty in-game items. But, there were other, more scarring things Sugutsuya had done to him; things Pinball was only just starting to piece together. It was as if the man lived to make Pinball's life hell. He'll bleed. Pinball snapped back to attention, a snowflake landing on his nose. He hadn't been paying much attention to what Hestia was saying, and he was a bit embarrassed by that. His face went red, and he smiled, looking over to Hestia sheepishly. "Where are we headed? Yeti?"

At hearing that it'll be fine i just nod my head. Well as long as you think it'll be fine then go on ahead. Just know that if you have any others with you when those people find you again that you have to be sure you can protect those you're with with what you have compared to them. Since if you don't you're putting others in risk for no reason at all. I tell you in a serious tone of voice wanting to make sure the risks of what is happening is known to you. That if the issue isn't stopped now others could be put into danger by associating with yourself. I then focus to your actual question. Also yes we're going to fight a yeti like monster. They call it the snow beast, but seriously it is like a very bad Yeti. In fact one of my guild mates called it a off-brand yeti when we faced off against it. I say with a chuckle at that. As i glance to you to see your reaction.

He resisted the urge to let out a breath of relief, happy they had moved past it. His business with the guild wasn't over yet, but he didn't like talking about his problems; it made him feel as if he were desperate for attention. Pinball's fingers twitched, and on impulse, he decided to pull out his spear. Taking one hand, and placing it at the end of the tube, he pushed the spear through the leather strap, using his other hand to pull the long shafted weapon out of its sorry excuse for a sheathe. He twirled it around over his head, noticing how close it was to Hestia, and moved a step to the side, where he continued swinging it around widlly. He looked like a child twirling a broom around. "Where do we find the Yeti?" Pinball's eyebrows raised at the mention of her guild member's name for it. "The off-brand Yeti?" He smiled a bit, then kept walking. After a brief moment, he asked, "Who are your guild members? I know it's a frontline guild, right?

The yeti will around a mountain. You'll recognize the location by the skull that is by it that you need to smack with something i always just use the pommel of my sword since it is the easiest thing to do. I say to you with a nod of my head as we exit the main settlement and start making our way through the wilderness of the floor four. Nothing trying to attack as i chuckle at that fact always happening from what i can only assume is my level kicking in some programming in the monsters to not waste high leveled players time. Also as i stated my guild is the Holy Dragon Alliance a not really big presence frontline like the Celestial Ascendants are, but we are now up their with four members. Myself which i like to call the Jack Of All Trades since i can be a support, Tank, and once i get a few more levels and another Essence i can be a one handed DPS. Then their is Jomei our guild leader who is a rapier DPS user. Then their is his girl friend Telrenya who is also a rapier user from what i have seen. Apparently a title Jomei has is the Emerald Duelist for some reason that i don't know yet. Then their is the support Ruby who can heal, and give a mean punch with Martial arts. I say with a chuckle as i describe the frontline players.  For the non frontline players there is Spencer the next up and coming Tank and Support. Then there is Kimi our DPS who has the Holy Weapon i managed to win from the christmas raffle thing. Then their is a player named Jevi who i haven't had the time to talk to yet, and apparently someone named Piera now in our guild.

He listened silently as Hestia listed off the members of his guild, taking note of the specifics. He didn't have a particularly good memory, but he'd make it a point to write down what he did remember. It might come in handy, knowing these things later on. Pinball was interested in the Holy Weapon, to be quite honest. They were some of the most powerful weapons in the game, in terms of pure damage. Pinball had always, and will always long to get his hands on one. You won this spear, kid, he reminded himself, adjusting the way he stood when he walked. "That's pretty cool." After she was done talking, he remained quiet. Struggling to find a conversation topic, and not wanting to ask how long it would take for them to get there, he grabbed hold of the first thing that came to his mind; literally only responding to the first thing she had said. "So... you just, like... bop it with your sword? Is that... really all there is to it?"

Well when it comes to summoning the creature yeah that is all there is to it. You find the skull you smack it with the flat part of your weapon and then the knock off yeti appears for you to kill it to get that nice drop from killing the thing over and over again. I say with a nod of my head as i continue walking along with you through the snowey fields of the fourth floor with myself just wearing some casual clothing not all that worried about the fight ahead since i now have a DPS to probably just kill the thing in one hit anyway knowing how most damage dealers are with their two handed weapons. All that will matter is if he manages to attack and successfully hit the snow beast as soon as it appears dictating if it will take one second, or two seconds in terms of how long the fight will last. SO for yourself you part of a guild? I ask back figuring it doesn't hurt to ask the question back.

With a small nod, Pinball took in her explanation. There was something they had to do with a skull, and slapping it? Pinball wasn't quite sure, but he was just going to let Hestia lead anyways. He slowed a bit, making sure he was walking behind her. He didn't know how strong the Yeti was himself, but he didn't want to take any chances; even though his health was higher than it once was, he was still exceptionally squishy, and notorious for being unlucky to boot. Hestia asked him if he was a part of a guild, and Pinball winced. "Nah," he said, "not anymore. I quit." After they had taken the Second Jewel in the Dragon Hunter Anthology, he had quit. Pinball was still struggling to identify and put into words how he was feeling when he made the decision, and couldn't tell if he was regretting the choice or not. "Are... are we almost there, do you think?