[F01/PP] TIme to get to slayin <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> [Reinholt+Embers]

Reinholt steps back out into the street after accepting his second quest. Kill some boar pups? That shouldn't be too hard. Remembering he passed some Boar pups while he was out on the other quest he opens his map and marks round about where he saw them. Maybe I can get another couple levels out of this one too. Plus i could really use that armor.. He thinks to himself as he starts to walk. After this quest he would probably seek out the Blacksmith profession quest, so that he could get started on making his own stuff.

He liked the idea of being able to make his own gear custom to his liking. But that would be another day. For now he had a quest to do. He approaches a large gathering area and pauses. Even though it would be a piece of cake to kill some boar pups, it was always nice to have some company. He opens his menu and writes out a message, sending to all the players that were near him.

"Would anyone like to travel with me to kill some Boar Pups for Lyle's quest? I know its fairly weak mobs but company is always nice."

Once sent, Reinholt sits  on a bench. Guess I'll give it a couple of minutes to see if anyone wants to go with. He leans back against a wall, looking out at the crowd, watching to see if anyone approaches him.

@Embers

Edited by Reinholt

The first floor. Embers had, mixed feelings. In part, it was a fun place to just relax plus it was her home, given her apartment was right next to the teleporter. The floor was best for relaxing, since none of the monsters who lived in this were a threat to her by any means. Boars, the occasionally werewolf. And of course, home to many a annoying players.

The girl was leaning against a wall, wearing her armour. Heavy black plated, and resting on her back, a large double-ended Scythe. She knew she looked like death incarnate. That was the plan, much like real life. Look scary enough and idiots who don’t know better will keep their distance. The sound of a message coming in, however, reminded her that sometimes, those idiots found you. She couldn’t help herself, she looked at it. The second quest. She smiled at the memory, she spent nearly an hour with Telrenya killing boars.

The girl had no idea who sent the message, nor where from, but she had wanted to go killin’ with her recently acquired familiar. Rowan, the Hawk on the girls shoulder, flew around. Embers didn’t bother moving, he would come to her, not the other way around.

After a few minutes, Rowan found the mark. The familiar was damn good at its job, and landed in front of Reinholt, tilting his head at him before circling over him several times. Embers smirked as her crimson eyes found their target, it seemed the bird had found her prey.  

@Reinholt

Edited by Embers

Reinholt sat there for a good while, flipping through his menus bored as could be. He knew if no one responded it would be a huge deal, but he was tired of going everywhere alone. Just someone to chitchat with while they walked would be nice. He sighs and is about stand up and leave when a hawk landed before him and tilted his head, before leaping back into the air and circling over top of him. Curious now, he scans the crowd before him. He vaguely remembered a girl walking past a little while ago with a hawk on her shoulder.

After scanning the crowd for a moment he spots her and smirks as she was looking in his direction too. Hard to miss her with that red hair. He glances around the area one last time before rising to his feet. Either she wanted to take part in his quest or she had other issues with him, but it was obvious to him that she was looking for him. So he begins to walk her way. He was glad he paid good attention to his surroundings to notice the girl to begin with.

@Embers

Edited by Reinholt

Embers didn’t move, she wouldn’t. Not for whoever was asking her for help, Rowan would find them, and bring them to her, or she could watch them die to boars. Either would honestly be amusing for the girl. But she saw the person Rowan was circling start to head her way. So this was the fresh meat who wanted help eh? She wasn’t hugely impressed, he had a large blade, but that was about it.

As he got closer, the girl moved off the wall and stood at her full height. 6’0. She noticed he was about her height, and wouldn’t lie, she had wanted to tower over him. As she did with so many people.

“So you wanted help?” She said bluntly “Couldn’t do the boar killin’ quest eh?” She had no kindness, it was simple fact. Embers didn’t to tact, to subtle “Look, I’ll be simple. I’ve done this already, but I might as well get my eye in against some monsters…” the girls crimson eyes glared at Reinholt as Rowan, the white-tailed Hawk, landed on the girls shoulder, also seemingly glaring at him.

Reinholt is smiling as he walks up to the girl whose bird came to him. His whole demeanor was friendly, that is until she starts to speak. He listens to her and his body language shifts from friendly to, well not friendly. His back straightens and his smile turns into a sneer. Once she finishes he hold up his hand.

”Let me stop you right there and clarify some things for you.” He says, his nostrils flaring. ”I never asked for help. I am very capable of doing it myself, so that’s not why I posted.” He pauses, trying to keep him temper under control. ”It clearly says company. As in trying to make friends.” He shakes his head at her. ”And even if it were someone asking for help, why even approach them if that’s how you’re going to act? That’s beside the point. If that attitude is all you have to offer, I’d rather be alone. But if we can be cool with each other, my name is Reinholt.” He stops there, letting her respond to him before deciding if he wanted to walk away or not. The gall of this girl. Yeesh.

Edited by Reinholt

Embers wanted nothing more, than to put her fist, through this guys face. For many reasons. The first was she just really, really, wanted too. It had nothing to do with his gender, skin colour, she just wanted to put her fist through someones face and he was right there. The second was his attitude. She wanted to punch him for that too. She took a step forwards, only for Rowan, her hawk, to land on her arm. The girl look at the familiar, before rolling her crimson eyes.

“Damn buzzard…” she muttered before looking at Reinholt “It’s Embers. Look, we’ve both headed out for a but. Might as well….stick close” The girl felt her anger boil up in her, enough to make her want to lash out. But he didn’t deserve it, it wasn’t his fault he had a face that just made her want to punch him, over, and over, and over again.  

Reinholt smirks. He could tell from her body language that he had struck a nerve, but it seemed Embers could keep her cool. He wasn't sure if it was a superiority issue, or something else but he could tell she didn't much care for him. Perhaps it was a defense mechanism, not wanting to make friends in a world where every outing could be yours or theirs last moments alive. He nods to her and turns. "Well since we are sticking close, we might as well get started. I would like to get this quest done with so I can move on." He turns his head to look at her and smiles, before starting to walk away. "Don't worry. I'll make sure nothing happens to you." He chuckles and hooks his thumbs into his belt as he walks. He probably shouldn't press her buttons, but it would be fun until she lost her temper. It was however, nice to meet someone that wasn't timid or afraid.

@Embers

Edited by Reinholt

Embers walked towards where the boars existed, knowing it was where he was headed. She looked at Rowan, and growled. Something about this guy, this Reinholt, pissed her off. There was nothing she could say to ‘validate it’ in the eyes of others, it was gut instinct telling her to make sweet love, with her fist and his face. She rolled her shoulders, right as he said something that made her laugh. A loud, confident, mocking laugh.

“You, look at after me?” She was highly amused, and the smirk on her face was clear “You’re weak” she said harshly “I’m willing to get I’m a higher level than you, stronger than you and will survive longer than you” She got up in his face, anger bubbling under the surface of her crimson eyes “So let’s get this right. You are temporary for me, just another person who takes up space. Because if these boars here are too much for you, pray to whatever the hell might save you,  because I’m just gunna watch”

Reinholt sighs and shakes his head. This girl was obviously just not a happy person. He had met a couple of these players with big superiority issues and for the most part he hated them. Unfortunately, unless he wanted to be mean to her, which he did not, he was stuck trying to be nice. He falls silent as they walk, but after a little while he looks over at her.

"Look, you probably are higher level than me, which by default makes you stronger than me. All I was trying to do was break the ice and lighten the mood and maybe make a new friend. I'm sorry if my weakness offends you but let's face it, you were my level once too." He sighs again. "I get it. You're miss tough stuff. Once I kill these boars we can part ways and never have to talk again. Deal?" He finishes with a shake of his head. He wasn't looking for someone to hold his hand or to be his best bud. But it is what it is.

Was she once his level? Yes, and she hated thinking about it. Hated the idea of being weak, being pathetic. In the real world, she had worked hard, building herself up from weak and pitiful into a force of nature, a fighting force that demanded respect, or fear. Both, in her opinion, were acceptable. She’d spent hours, in the real world, practicing her fighting, perfecting it so that even in a blood haze, she could fight.

“Look, Rein…whatever” she had forgotten the back half of his name. Longish names always were a weak point for her, her mind didn’t care enough for long words. Nicknames were better, easier to remember. “Levels, mean nothing to me. I look at you, and I can smell the green on you. Inexperienced…and a cop” the girl grinned “I know your kind from sight alone, I spent enough time getting arrested and fighting you lot that it’s like instinct, I see you and I just…want to punch your face in”.

Embers shrugged, it was just how it was for her. Instinct ran through than thought. “It’s nothing personal” she said, as if she hadn’t spent the last few minutes insulting him. Before walking towards the fields, where the boars awaited a slaughter.  

Reinholt starts to chuckle. So that's her problem. It wasn't hard to spot the fact he was a cop IRL. Especially if you were on the other side of the law. His chuckles die off and he shakes his head. "Yeah, I was a Cop and with your attitude I should of known where you stood with Lawmen." He looks off in the distance. "But that's the great thing about SAO. It doesn't matter who we are IRL. We are here now and while I will help other players when they need it, I'm not a cop anymore. Not here or IRL."

He touches the eyepatch that covers his right eye. "Gangland explosion. Burns on about 75% of my body and lost my eye. All to save my partner." He shrugs his heavy shoulders. "So quite frankly I don't care who you are, here or IRL. You seem like a strong person and I like to surround myself with strong people." He spots a pack of three boar pups and hefts his sword off his back, striding forward in front of Embers. "Cause you're right, I am green and there's only one way to change that." He lunges forward and his blade glows white as he slashes two horizontal strokes at the now squealing boar pups.

His slashes hit the first and third boar pup, killing them instantly, but misses the second boar pup who charges at Reinholt and slams it's  body into his leg.

Spoiler

(ID#99614 Vs Boar pup1 BD=9
ID#99615 VS Boar pup2 BD=5 MD=6
ID #99616 Vs Boar pup3 BD=9

Sword Art Blast(x2) hit Boar pup 1 and 3

DMG=5x2=10

Boar pup 2 hit with body slam.
DMG=3

Summary:
Reinholt- HP 57/60 ENG 2/6

Boar Pup1: Dead
Boar Pup2: 5/5
Boar Pup3: Dead) 

Edited by Reinholt

Embers wanted to laugh at him, and so, she did. She didn’t deny herself anything, so she found herself being amused by this Rein fellow, laughing was her best option. “Took your time” she said, not admitting it took her some time to understand why he looked just so punchable. Every cop, hell even her ‘boyfriend’, made her want to punch them.

It was only, when he touched it, did the girl properly notice the eyepatch. She listened to his story, his body got screwed to save someone? The girl didn’t say anything, partly because, she felt it was a land mine. Only when he got into battle against the boars did she opt to respond, and that response, was a snickering.

“You threw yourself into some sorta fire, for something else?” She asked. Cops. Never her boyfriend had that stupid mentality, putting themselves in danger stupidly! “The hell were you thinking, or are you like every other cop who doesn’t give a damn about their own lives?”

Reinholt heard her talking, which made him think of that day, which distracted him. He swings wide of the boar pup that was still alive, allowing it to rush in and fire him with its small tusks. Muttering under his breath he looks over at Embers.

"Explosion. Mid shootout with some thugs. My partner had a wife and kids. Made it out with a broken arm." He looks away from her and to the boar pup. " He would of died then I would of had to explain to his kids with their dad wasn't coming home. What's done is done but I'd do it all over again if I had to."

His entire body language changed as he drug out his bad memories. But he pushed then away and resumed his fighting stance. " Probably more than you care to know about a weakling such as myself, but you asked." He focuses his attention back on the boar pup. That little turd wasn't going to hit him again.

(ID#99654

BD=5 miss

MD=8 hit

Summary:

Reinholt: HP 54/60 Eng 2/6

Boar pup2: 5/5)

Edited by Reinholt

Leaning on her Scythe, Embers simply watched. There had never been a time where she hadn’t wanted to punch a cop. Even her boyfriend had been the victim of her when they’d first met, in a bar fight that she had started because she saw him and couldn’t stop herself. So to find another cop, and one in this world, was a double edged sword. A victim sure, but yet, in this stupid world…

“Jesus, talk about a tale as old as time” she muttered listening to his story. Cops always had it, some story about their partner dying, or them nearly dying for their partner. She honestly couldn’t understand, why the hell would you put the lives of others above your own? “You know what, I don’t know why I’m even surprised at that. All you cops, hell even my boyfriend, does that stupid crap. Putting others before yourself…” She shook her head. What a stupid way to live…

Reinholt shrugged his shoulders. The boar pup ran at him again but Reinholt is able to strike it in mid-stride. The boar pup hits the ground, dead. With a sigh he swings his sword up and sheathes it onto his back. He goes to looting the corpses of the freshly dead boar pups, kneeling beside each corpse and looking for materials. The first two offered a material, but the third gave nothing. While still kneeling, he looks up and studies the surrounding area. Guess we gotta go find some more. He rises to his feet and looks at Embers.

"If a dragon were to land right now and try to eat you, I would push you out of the way and distract it while you got away, and i dont even really like you. ITs just the way I'm wired." He says as he starts to walk away. He tucks his thumbs into his belt as he walks. "Got to find one more boar pup material. you come or go back, its up to you though." He calls to her over his shoulder.

Spoiler

ID# 99717 Attack v boar pup2 BD=7+1=8

Dmg: 5

Summary:

Reinholt: HP 54/60 ENG: 2/6

Boar pup2 0/5

Looting:

ID#99718 looting boar pup 1 LD=16 1 material found

ID#99719 looting boar pup 2 LD=18 1 material found

ID#99720 looting boar pup 3 LD=5 nothing found.

2/3 materials found.

Edited by Reinholt

The girl watched, lazily, as Rein cleared out the boar pups. He seemed capable in the combat of the game, but she couldn’t help but feel annoyed at his selflessness. Why the hell would he place anothers life above his own!? She let out a growl as he gave a comparison, knowing she’d more than likely try and fight the dragon anyway.

“Idiot..” she muttered to him as she walked with him, shaking her head “You realize you and my boyfriend are made of the same stupid stuff right? Always being an idiot and getting hurt, and even knowing that the people you save don’t care about you? God you’re an complete moron” She wouldn’t hold her tongue, even to be polite. That just wasn’t her style. She was herself, and would never pretend to be otherwise. You couldn’t handle it? Tough.  Embers placed her Scythe on her back as she walked, she had committed to this much. She may as well watch it through its entirety.

Reinholt shrugs his shoulders as she calls him names. At first her attitude angered him, but honestly he felt like it was a front more than anything. "Sounds like your boyfriend is a good dude." He says with a smirk and treks on across the 1st floor. He silently wondered what happened to make her this way, but then again being in a Death Game does effect everyone differently.

Eventually he came found another boar pup and nods toward ir, before hauling his sword off his back and moving forward. As he nears the boar pup, it begins to squeal and run around in circles. Once he gets to striking range, he swings his sword in an over hand arc, but the boar pup nimbly dances out of the way before running in between Reinholt's feet, tripping him and sending him faceplanting to the dirt. He grumbles sourly and jumps back to his feet, casting a 'don't say a word' glare at Embers.

Spoiler

ID#100105 BD=1 MD=6

Boar pup trips Reinholt for 3 dmg

Summary:

Reinholt: HP: 51/60 ENG 1/6

Boar Pup: HP: 5/5

Edited by Reinholt

Embers let out a snort of a laugh at Rein’s comment about her boyfriend “If willing getting punched in the stomach by a drunk girl until you spit blood out is good, then sure” She said. She smirked at the memory, one of her first memories of meeting him. Off duty, she’d started a bar fight purely to take a swing at him. He looked different at the bar, and she couldn’t help herself. He’d fought back for a bit, before letting her swing. At the police station, he’d joined her in her cell. It was an odd start, but somehow, they started dating. Even Embers wasn’t sure how the hell it happened.

She simply watched watch Rein charge. Boars like this were easy for her to kill, so why bother? Although, as he tripped over, the girl saw the glare. She laughed, loudly. A booming laughter that echoed over the hills as the girl kneeled over slightly from sheer laughter. Missing the swing would have simply been her raising an eyebrow, but tripping over?! It was almost too perfect.  

Reinholt hears the laughter from behind him. He smirks a bit and glances at Embers. "Look, you can laugh." He says with a chuckle as he turns back to the boar pup. He grunts and swings his sword again. The over hand blow lands and tosses the boar pup across the dirt. He nods his head and sheathes his sword, walking toward the dead boar pup. He drops to his knee and starts to search. With a sigh he stands up and looks around. "Well, I guess we gotta find another one." He grumbles and starts to walk onward. " So, miss tough as nails, what level are you any way?" He says as he tucks his thumbs into his belt and kicks up some dirt as he walks. This woman was the normal person, sure. But she wasn't, necessarily a bad person either. He glances back over his shoulder at her but remains silent.

ID#100371 BD=8
DMG=5

ID#100372 LD=8 no mats found

Summary:

Reinholt: HP: 51/60 ENG 1/6

Boar Pup: HP: 0/5

Edited by Reinholt

Embers didn’t need his permission to laugh, for she would do it anyway. Him tripping over amused her massively, so much talk and he trips. Missing the swing, yeah. But tripping?! It was almost too perfect.

“Miss? Urgh, Call me Embers” She said, disgust in her voice. She hated that title, miss. It felt alien to her, felt like a burden she loathed the very existence of. “I’m…20ish?” she said with a shrug. She knew she was somewhere close to twenty, but wasn’t sure where. She could check, but she didn’t care too. Levels came to her, and she just sorta rolled with it. She typically only checked her level number when she was looking at quests, and even then it was just to ensure they weren’t way above her range. After all, she didn’t have a death sentence.

“How many more of those boar things you gotta kill anyhow?” She asked, not remembering how many were listed off on the quest requirements.