[PP-F15] <<Bane of Blood>> I'm not dead yet!

The small things in life can mean a world of difference.  This includes the small amount of energy that can be supplied by the Energize skill tree.  Getting the feeling back in ones fingers after a numbing sword art could make anyone's day that much better.  With the recent addition to his own skill list, that supply of energy was able to recover all of the used up energy from the Meteor Break.  Now, if only that skill wasn't as taxing on the user, if would be the ultimate farming support tool.  The hunter could only shrug while looking at their health.  Hestia was taking a beating, and it was only getting worse.  They needed to finish these creatures off before it could get critical.

Crossing between the shieldmaiden and the wargs, the hunter made a beeline for the new warg that he had damaged before.  A fair amount of cross slashes into the creature would leave it with a blip of health.

"That one is all yours, Hestia!"

Spoiler

ID: 99781
BD: 5+2-1=6
Sword Alter: Meteor Break = 17x11= 187-20= 167 dmg

[H: 3/3/6/6] Hestia:  698/1265 |  91/122 | DMG:  5 | MIT:151 | ACC: 1 | EVA:-1 | TRNS: 54 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1   
[H: 2/0/0/2] Hirru:  1105/1105 |  71/106 | DMG: 17 | MIT:  0 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | LOOT: 8
[H: 0/0/3/1] Baldur: 1070/1070 |  75/104 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 1

Warg wolve 1: 14/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1   
<< Sonic Fangs >> : Many Rapid Bites inflicted on the Player with the most hate. Deals 225 DMG on CD:10+

Warg wolve 2: 392/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1
<< Sonic Fangs >> : Many Rapid Bites inflicted on the Player with the most hate. Deals 225 DMG on CD:10+

Warg wolve 3: 72/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1  (Bleed 1/2)

Warg wolve 4:  54/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1   

@Baldur

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Baldur skidded to a stop, his eyes flashed up to the upper corner of his vision. Hestia was getting close to the yellow. It looks far smaller than it should have, but that was probably because of her massive health pool. Still, he didn't like seeing anyone get into the yellow. It had been a long time since anyone had been that hurt on his watch.

It was a good plan to bring a tank on this fight.

Snapping his eyes to the wolf with the most health, Baldur focused his vision on it, causing the targeting marker to appear and the wolf's HP to show. It was mostly full, or at least the most full, so Baldur crouched down, focusing his <<charge>> but not losing focus of his surrounding this time. As the wolves darted about, Baldur got a clear shot, and released his <<San Ge>>. As the sword art took over his body, he flew across the fight with a streak of blue and orange light, his black and red sword exploding with the brilliant azure of the sword art as slash upon slash rained down on the wolf in only the space of a single breath, far faster than any swordsman could expect in the real world.

And when his attack was done, the wolf was in the read.

Finally!

Spoiler

ID: 99783
BD: 5+3-1=7
Sword Alter: San Ge = 
19x14=308 -20 MIT = 288 Damage

[H: 3/3/6/6] Hestia:  698/1265 |  91/122 | DMG:  5 | MIT:151 | ACC: 1 | EVA:-1 | TRNS: 54 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1   
[H: 2/0/0/2] Hirru:  1105/1105 |  71/106 | DMG: 17 | MIT:  0 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | LOOT: 8
[H: 0/0/3/1] Baldur: 1070/1070 |  62/104 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 1

Warg wolve 1: 14/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1   

Warg wolve 2: 104/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1

Warg wolve 3: 36/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1  (Bleed 2/2)

@Hestia

Edited by Baldur

I grin at seeing the health bars of all of the wargs within the area seeing they are all in the red and very close to death doors with at least two probably going to die by my thorns if i can get some luck. 'Oh who am i trying to fool my luck has been utterly terrible during this fight.' I think to myself as i look towards the enemy as i see them charge towards me as i consider my options and just nods as i activate Field medic to heal me up before they could get a chance to strike me. Healing my HP bar up by quite a bit. I then see the first wolf lunge towards me. I grin as i take the hit and the wolf bursts into nothing as i throw it off of my shield as i then turn to the last three as one charge towards me only to be tackled by my protector familiar Kuro pinning it to the ground and roaring at it before then quickly taking off into the air with his wings as i chuckle. Well at least he is protecting me. I say as i turn towards a wolf as it is already in the middle of the air as i raise my shield to block some of the force of the attack, but not enough to avoid some claw marks along my face before it gets forced off of my shield as i then side step the last warg just barely avoiding to get hit by it.

Action Taken: First Aid 253 HP healed, 24 Energy used

#99784 MD:4+3=7   DMG:24  Thorns: 54  CD:6

#99785 MD:1

#99786  MD:9  CD:7  DMG:24

#99787  MD:2+3=5 miss

[H: 3/3/6/6] Hestia:  918/1265 |  67/122 | DMG:  5 | MIT:151 | ACC: 1 | EVA:-1 | TRNS: 54 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1   
[H: 2/0/0/2] @Hirru:  1105/1105 |  71/106 | DMG: 17 | MIT:  0 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | LOOT: 8
[H: 0/1/3/1] Baldur: 1070/1070 |  62/104 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 1

Warg wolve 1: 0/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1   

Warg wolve 2: 104/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1

Warg wolve 3: 36/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1  (Bleed 2/2)

"Alright, that's that."

The hunter called out before pushing himself off the ground as the third of the wolves finally keeled over, and shattered into its corresponding light.  Still, there was no loot to be had.  It slightly ticked off the hunter that there was nothing in this fight worth the usage of any of their skills and energy consumption.  Maybe it was just something in his mind that was repeatedly hitting him in the noggin, but it just irked him the wrong way.  It wasn't that he didn't want everyone to be safe, but when a creature falls, it better be leaving a bone or two.  None of this flashing out of existence, that this world was accustom to.  Wait.. how did he know that?

It didn't matter what was on his mind as he rushed the second newest one and ripped it to shreds.  Moving on, he followed through and took out the fourth warg of the last group, which left only the third beast remaining.  Unfortunately, it seemed the thought from earlier kept the hunter from getting anything worth while.

"Alright, that should be it.  Baldur, let's end this fight."

@Baldur

Spoiler

Action Taken: Sword Art: Shadow Explosion

#99937 BD: 8+2-1= 8   Charge!  21x9= 189-20= 169 dmg

#99938 BD:1, Miss

#99939  BD: 10  19x9 = 171-20 = 151 dmg

[H: 3/3/6/6] Hestia:  918/1265 |  67/122 | DMG:  5 | MIT:151 | ACC: 1 | EVA:-1 | TRNS: 54 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1   
[H: 2/1/0/4] Hirru:  1105/1105 |  57/106 | DMG: 17 | MIT:  0 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | LOOT: 8
[H: 0/1/3/1] Baldur: 1070/1070 |  62/104 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 1

Warg wolve 1: 0/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1   

Warg wolve 2: 0/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1

Warg wolve 3: 36/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1  (Bleed 2/2)

Warg wolve 4:  0/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1   

Edited by Hirru

Baldur watched as Hestia and Hirru fought through the last of the wolves, leaving only one behind for Baldur to mop, which he did with ease as his sword cut the final slash through the wolf's mesh form, and watched an explosion of iridescent polygons. Whipping his sword around, he sheathed it in a smooth motion and then rested his hand casually on the handle, as if freeing himself from the excitement and adrenaline rush of battle.

"Well, I'm glad that's over. Too many more wolves and I would have had to start using consumables." His eyes flickered up and to the side where the health bars were located.

"How are you holding up Hestia? You took quite a beating in there. I'm sorry that did not go according to plan at all."

If he and Hirru had hit, they would have gone through the wolves a lot more, but they always seemed to miss at least one, and Baldur's bleed damage was not procing often, but he would need to change certain aspects of his build up further before they happen more often. He was certainly relearning the timing of combat. It was amazing to him how quickly he could lose his sense of something after being outside of combat for only a little while.

"And thank you, both, for helping me with this quest. I appreciate it."

Spoiler

Action Taken: Sword Art: San Ge
ID: 100037 BD: 6+3-1=8 (hit)
San Ge: 19x14= 266 - 20 MIT = 246 Damage
-16 Energy, +1 Natural Energy Regen

Hestia:  918/1265 |  67/122 | DMG:  5 | MIT:151 | ACC: 1 | EVA:-1 | TRNS: 54 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1   
Hirru:  1105/1105 |  57/106 | DMG: 17 | MIT:  0 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | LOOT: 8
Baldur: 1070/1070 |  49/104 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 1

Warg wolve 3: 36/500 DMG:175  MIT:20  ACC:2  EVA:1  (Bleed 2/2)

Edited by Baldur

At seeing the last of the wolves be killed i waste no time at all at taking out three different things one the quest item from King of Lakes, the other a MIT potion, and lastly a immolation potion as i use all three without any hesitation after what i had just gone through from this fight not liking the fact my HP went done by a rather scary amount. Finding myself glad i have field medic to keep my HP afloat. It was nothing Baldur just give me a bit of time to recover my HP along with you guys to recover your energy. I say with a nod of my head as i then remember something and grins and takes out a potion that one would get from the very first lesson quest and downs one of them to recover some HP now that i can rest. Also you don't need to thank me for helping with a quest helping people out is what i do, and i enjoy doing so. Even if helping said people out risks my life. I say with a small chuckle and a shrug of my shoulders as i sit down to rest figuring that doing so here is no problem at all since we cleared the waves of wolves that seemed to be the last.

@Hirru

Spoiler

Items Used

Filet of the King: +100 Overhealth.

T3 Immolation Potion- +30 Thorns

Sandstone Armor: +30 MIT

T2 Rations- +80 Overhealth (stacks with Filet of King)

Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP regained)

New Stats:

Hestia:  1003/1445 |  67/122 | DMG:  5 | MIT:181 | ACC: 1 | EVA:-1 | TRNS: 84 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1     (energy regain 1/3)

Without fail, the samurai shows them how it was done.  The warg was slain and they could rest, hopefully.  Activating all of his search skills at once, he could see that they were in the clear, for now.  As this was a quest, the creature that they were supposed to hunt down may not have been triggered yet.  Either that, or this thing had impressive stealth abilities that could contend with the Master of Shadows, which wasn't very likely.  In the end, the hunter let his guard down for a second, but kept the skills on.  One never knew what could be around the corner.

Leveling out the gains, it turned out that they got nothing at all from those mobs.  A small thought of rushing around after the quest for good loot crossed his mind, but that would have to take a back seat.  That battle was far too long and used far too much energy.  It even nearly got dicey for Hestia there.  The days of AOE farming were long over, it seemed.  

"That is the way of the Tanks, I hear."

The hunter added on as he looked through his inventory.  There wasn't much, if anything that could be useful.  He sighed.  Nothing ventured; nothing gained.

"You can call on my blade and eyes at any time.  I'm not that busy anymore."

He replied to @Baldur

Edited by Hirru

Baldur was touched by their words. Though they were simple and not necessarily grandiose, the gesture was appreciated by the solo player. He had spent most of his time bouncing around between guilds that never really did anything, and running solo, either doing quests and hunting and gathering by himself, or by orchestrating small strike teams to go in and hit the quests or dungeons he needed to on his own. That was how he had made a name for himself, by working with people one on one and building up those bonds, and proving he could take care of himself. But they would never get everyone out of this world working one by one, even if he could survive the boss, he would run out of energy long before the boss ran out of HP. It didn't matter how good you were, you needed to work together. Now if only the guilds could understand that.

"Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm looking forward to questing with you both more often. And if I can get my gear upgraded, I'll join you on the next fight."

Reaching into his inventory, Baldur pulled out a damage potion. If Hestia was going to burn consumables to help him be successful in this quest, then he could burn some himself.

-1 Medium Tier 2 Damage Potion

New Stats Below

Spoiler

»Baldur, The Gaijin Samurai
» Modified Stats

• Base HP: 1070
  • Base EN: 104
  • Base MIT: 61
  • Base ACC: 3
  • Base DMG: 21 (Bleed 1)
  • Base EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 21 HP
  • Search: +3

» Stats

• Base HP: 1070
  • Base EN: 104
  • Base MIT: 61
  • Base ACC: 3
  • Base DMG: 19 (Bleed 1)
  • Base EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 21 HP
  • Search: +3

» Items Equipped:

• Shukketsu - +6 Damage/36 Bleed for 2 turns (on 9-10)
  • Ronin Uwa-obi - 36 DMG MIT/+1 EVASION
  • Emerald Teardrop - +2 ACC/+1 EVASION
  • Dimensional Backpack

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Medium T2 Damage Potion x1 | Rare T2 Item | +2 Damage
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x1 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Max Mass HP Recovery Crystal x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +30*Target Tier (30/60/90)
  • Max T2 HP Recovery Crystal II x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +180 HP
  • Safeguard Potion x5 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • Medium Vitality Snack x6 | Rare Tier 2 | Grants +8 Energy

» Skills:

• Searching | Rank 3/5 | +3 Bonus to LD, +3 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing| 2 Rank | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (21HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • Charge | 3 ranks | +1 base damage per rank (+3 damage) once per opponent per combat
  • One Handed Curved Sword | Rank 1/5 | Novice
  • Katana | Rank 5/5 | Grand Master
  • Light Armor | 5 Rank | +25 Mitigation
  • Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter|  1 Rank | +3 base damage (Does not stack with equipment)
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  •  Katana Precision: +1 to Accuracy
  •  Katana Ferocity: +1 damage on katana sword arts
  •  Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 Evasion

@Hestia @Hirru

I smile towards the blue wearing katana wielder with a nod of my head. I do hope that you can get your gear upgraded by then Baldur since i would love to see you with us in the next boss fight fighting alongside us. Who knows maybe by the next boss fight we will have four groups instead of three groups trying to take on the boss. I say with a grin on my face rather excited that it seems more players are getting ready to join the frontlines, and when that happens it will be a interesting time to see if the boss' get stronger because of it, or if they will just get more trickier in their approaches. However, first is still that boss on floor twenty two that needs to get taken down. So then if you both don't mind me asking questions i am obviously new to the frontline scene and probably to just participating in big events, so i am a bit curious about guilds and other such things that had happened in the past. like what use to be the big names and such around here before they went missing, or the worst had happened. I ask curiously towards the green haired player of the Knight of Blood oath and the katana user Baldur.

@Hirru

"It would be grand to get one of our veteran fighters back on the front."

The hunter grinned towards his katana wielding friend.  Although it may not look like it much, but the two of them had only known each other for a short time compared to the long expanse of time that had elapsed within the walls of Aincrad.  That didn't change how they could joke, even in the most dangerous of areas.

"Hopefully, by then we'll have plenty of players to fill those teams.  Though, if the Holy Dragon Alliance is concerned, I feel that we may have more to come."

With that, the conversation went over to a question about the guilds from the past.  The hunter shrugged his shoulders as a 'why not'.

"From when I can fully remember, we always had three big name guilds around for some ungodly reason, and then some smallers ones dotted here and there..  The most notable were: Azure Brigade, led by the most elite players in the game.  I wasn't around for them much, but I know that one of the worst massacres in game happened between them and a certain betrayl.  I won't talk more on that, but Baldur may have more information on the Azure Brigade's players."

The hunter started to pace around, trying to remember other guilds.

"I believe there was the Cerulean Silence, or something along those lines.  A guild created by one of the most dangerous killer players in game, but that seems like a legend to me now."

He snickered.

"The Guardians of Aincrad, if I remember that right, was a guild for those that were fresh from the Town of Beginnings.  They built them up so that those players to go out and create their own guilds and find their own families, or so I've heard.  I remember a certain other green haired hunter that used to be part of them.  I wonder where Tak is now?"

He questions, still not knowing of the young fighters fate.

"Velvet Room was another that I remember well enough.  Lowenthal, Piera, and your leader, Jomei.  Man, that was a fun group to be around.  Especially the parties."

He couldn't help but smile at all of Piera's weird concoctions.

"I believe there were many others, not including the ones that we have now.  I can't quite remember all of them.  Though, I do have quite extensive knowledge on one particular guild, The Crimson Blades.  It was run by my old friend, Mack.  You may not know him, but you will become best friends with him on the first encounter.  He has that way with people, though, it is sometimes more persuasive than anything else."

A solemn smile crept up on his face.

"Mack, Xion, Abalasster, Grave, Beoreson, and Lindow formed the small guild to be 'peace keepers', if you will.  Not much you could do though with some of the trouble coming from the Azure Brigade back then.  Though, they tried their best.  Even getting into the front lines themselves and bringing in a few recruits into the mix.  Ask Teion about it, if you ever get the chance.  She joined right when everything was kinda dying down.  Now, I didn't join, but with all of my friends in the guild, it was hard to not be involved in Mack's antics."

Eyes cast down, his voice slowing with each word.

"It all changed after.. the orange players came into the mix.  It was.. It wasn't.."

He shook his head.  Although he doesn't ever want to forget their names, their faces, but bringing up the past was too painful of a memory to seize again.  Keeping himself composed, he held his hand up in pause.

"Sorry.. that's about all I can give out.."

@Baldur

Edited by Hirru

Baldur slowly lowered himself down against a tree, taking a minute to get off his feet and letting out a weary sigh as he relaxed. He listened to the Jade Hunter's story, and was really impressed with memory and his own perspective of the accounting of Aincrad's inglorious history. It brought back memories of friends and... others... lost along the way. He remembered the mobs coming to the gates with torches, ready to burn everything down, and the flurry of player killings that ran rampant throughout the floating castle. It had been a dizzying time.

"Hirru has the right of most of it. I spent some time under Lessa, the Guild Master of the Guardians of Aincrad. She wanted to help new players get their feet under them. If the guild was only a transitional home, then she was okay with that. She welcomed people, helped them learn enough not to die, and then sent them on their way, though I think most people would have stayed.

The Azure Brigade... well, I would have probably gone to join Azide in Square One, but Tyger... my tank partner at the time." Baldur hesitated for a moment after mentioning her name. It had been a long, long time since he had last said her name aloud. It was the singled biggest weight and guilt Baldur had ever felt in his entire life. He would carry that with him to the end, but it was part of what propelled him forward. She could still be saved.

"Well, she wanted to join the front line for the... oh, must have been the 11th floor boss fight. So we joined the Brigade. They were the front line clearer guild. If you were someone in Aincrad,  you were a member of the Brigade. We wanted to be clearers, so we joined up... and that was just before things started to get bad. They were power playing. They were going to boycott one of the boss fights, so that they could show who was really in charge. That boss fights were their or I suppose our domain, since I was a member. At that point, Tyger and I got out. We wanted nothing to do with that mess."

Baldur picked at a blade of grass and fiddled with it, his steel blue eyes had a thousand mile stare in it as he was silent for a moment. He was elsewhere.

"Then we jump ahead to floor 14 boss fight. I decide to rejoin the frontline. Things had been going very easy. Zelrius had dual blades, and had almost one shot a previous boss. This would be easy, everyone said. They had been free riding bosses because of this, so everyone let their guard down. Zel and the Brigade were in charge of raids, so they decided to gamble. They front loaded the dps in the parties to try and alpha strike the bird. They left the other parties completely unprepared, and because of it, we had two player deaths. Azide, among them."

Baldur took a deep breath. He hadn't known Azide well, personally, be he had known OF Azide, very well. Their circles almost completely overlapped.

"That was the beginning of the end for the Brigade. Azide was a beloved member of the clearers. He was a beloved guildmaster, and a friend, not to mention one of Aincrad's best players and strategists. When he died, there was a major backlash. I almost died myself in that fight... there are nights where I can't sleep, because I wonder if I hadn't gone into that fight under leveled, if he might have been alive. It's not true, it wouldn't have changed the circumstances, but it haunts me."

He was, again, silent for a moment as he relived something from long ago.

"After that, the repercussions were huge. At the end of the next boss fight, Opal, who was secretly a member of the Laughing Coffin, a PK guild, had influenced and corrupted another top tier front line player. The two of them secretly planned to kill Zelrius, wielder of the Dual Blades unique skill, and Dom, wielder of the Berserker unique skill. Dom was... a horrible person, a PKer himself, and the two of them were the beating heart of the Azure Brigade. Killing them gutted the guild, which collapsed and all its surviving members went into retirement. It also sent a blow throughout the community. Front liners were not invincible. People had thought we were gods up until that point, the two of them especially, but raid buffed as they were, Opal and Oikawa were able to One Shot the two of them, and then teleport out before anyone could react."

Baldur thought about Opal. He had liked her at one point. They were going to go to a wedding together. He had been just as fooled as everyone else. He remembered confronting her, becoming enraged, and coming as close as he ever had to PKing someone. He had never in his life been so mad.

"It was the next boss fight, or the one after, I can't remember. One of the front line players went mad... with grief, anger, PTSD, the whole cocktail. The wielder of the battojutsu unique skill killed two players, almost three, and then disappeared. She eventually sought forgiveness and redemption, as did Oikawa, for his part in what happened. Opal was later slain by her own PK guild. With all that was going on, another front line player, Beatbox, decided enough was enough, and that orange players needed to know that if you PKed for any reason, you were going to be put down. It was going to be black and white. In time, he was killed as well."

Baldur remembered when Calrex had told him about Beat. He had since gone to The Wall to find his name, and several others.

"Some have begun to say that unique skills are cursed. The only person to have one and not be... is Calrex. Though Calrex... sought help, as did Teayre. I helped them both the best I could, and they seem to be better now, but let's just say that with the power those uniques grant, the trouble and attention that comes with them has never been welcome."

Baldur tossed aside the piece of grass he had been playing with, and after a second or two of silence, his eyes returned to the present.

"What about you, Hestia. Were you in the floor 21 boss fight?"

@Hestia @Hirru

At hearing the mention right away of the past i quickly take out a notebook and a pen as i quickly start writing down the history of what has happened before i was aware of what was going on beyond a door of the inns i had resided in. I smile a bit at that feeling pride in getting so much progress as quickly as humanly possible for myself. I hear names making a note of the people with unique skills rather curious about how someone like Death Adder got this Zelrius' Dual Blades, and then the name Dom making notes of the guild they seemingly were in charge of. I continue listening just nodding my head as i write down the other names of the guild known as the crimson blades adding in more as i heard them putting them alongside the name Shirosu. Smiling a bit as i make the small list since i now have a list to try and help the girl get into contact with some old members of her guild. Hoping that they are easy to find, and not lost in the woods for a long time like she was.

I then hear the name velvet room and writes that down near Jomei's name having to flip a few pages to be able to write the information i hear down rather curious to hear about the players that were in this guild, and maybe some of the old adventures he use to go on before he created his guild. I then hear Baldur mention the guild Square one as i quickly flip pages till i find Crozeph and writes down information about the guild that i hear there thinking that was the guild he use to be part of. I finish off the information about trying to find who this last unique skill user was and try to find out who they are and where they could be. After writing down everything i have heard that would interest me that sounded like big names that would be good to try and find out who they are i put the notebook away along with the pen into the inventory as i then gaze towards the two players with a big smile. Thank you two for sharing what has happened. I was curious how much had happened back when i wasn't involved at all in terms of helping people or even playing the game. It is rather interesting to know so much had happened like that and that such things could occur really. I say in a appreciative tone of voice towards the duo. Also i wasn't part of floor twenty one boss fight i didn't feel ready yet at that point even though i might've been helpful to a small degree, so i instead waited for now the twenty second floor boss and can only hope that i don't slow them down really. I say with a small chuckle.

@Hirru

The difference in experiences was almost immediately shown between all three of them.  Simple observations, but knowledge that can be obtained for later use.  Hestia was gathering information, it would seem.  What it was for, the hunter couldn't tell, but she looked like she was rather chipper about it.  Baldur, the most senior and well experienced within the group, gave his information but did not let all of that grief and pain get to him.  Then, there was the hunter, whom was still reliving a past that he couldn't let go of.  Though, if Baldur could push through it, the hunter could too.  Hopefully...  In the end, even though Hestia thanked them, the hunter was still continuing where he could.

"Baldur.. pretty much explained the sum of what I couldn't.  The Crimson Blades were not going so well.  Mack was our anchor, but he likes to disappear to track down 'Events', as he calls them.  He was gone for a couple months, or longer which really broke moral.  Even worse was a death in the guild.  Lindow, our oldest member died to a trap from an orange guild."

Remembering the funeral afterwards always shook him to his core.  Even more so while he wore his Tattered Blades Cloak that he currently wore all of the time.  A symbol of an age gone by.

"Not too long after, Opal joined our little guild.  Which she would then leave to join the ranks of Knights of the Blood Oath, after Azide left his post of Vice Commander in the same guild.  Opal took over as VC, managed to seek out Mack and merge our two guilds into one.  It was around here that I was trying to bring the Blades back to glory, and decided to join them as they merged.  That was how I became a knight."

He grinned at the last part.  Although he was with them for so long, that was the one moment that he finally took towards following his friends to the front.

"It was a good time, and we were one of the biggest guilds that I could see around.  Every day, we would be out to train some of the lesser knights, which included myself, into what we are today.  Of course, time does some weird things."

Eyes drew down while the smile remained.

"Opal's Betrayal was quite a shock AND a heavy blow against the guild.  Even if she was doing this under another guilds name, Opal was still one of us until that point.  Our name was tattered, but we had to build back up, and who else but Mack could do it.  He got us back up there, for a bit.  Then, as all Vice Commanders have before, he disappeared... again.  Probably still chasing after Asterios or 'Sheeptar'."

He quipped the last part towards Baldur, as the samurai should remember that insane event.

"With our Vice nowhere to be found, we started dwindling fast.  We were able to gain a new Vice through Lowenthal, but that was.. short lived too."

The hunter shook his head in disgust.  There were so many variables that were wrong with that case that he still didn't know what to do with it.

"So now, we're down to the two of us.  Macradon and I, are really the only active ones on the front anymore.  No Vice Commander to call us to arms, as we don't need one, and neither of us wanna face that curse.  Though, I wish the Commander would rally us, but he's about as absent as Mack is."

Speaking of, where the heck is Mac when he needed that information.  He was really the only one that could know where the Commander was at any time.

It was after that long explanation that something that Baldur said finally hit him.  Another rush of emotions that he had to deal with later on, but would have to hold to the best of his abilities.

"You know... that's the first that I heard about either of those.  Baldur being in Azure.. and that Beatbox is gone.."

He breathed in deeply to keep the tears from falling, or from them showing.  Beatbox was a good friend and guild mate.  The fact that the hunter had not noticed until now was a crime against his memory.  He stood from his spot and rubbed his eyes with his arms to wipe away any lingering dampness.

"Alright, now isn't the time for reminiscing and grieving!  Let's get this quest over with before the night falls!  Don't want to be out here without the light." 

@Baldur

Edited by Hirru

(Turns out of combat 3/3)

"I'm sorry to see how far things have fallen with the Knights of the Blood Oath. You guys were ones I had hoped would start to lead the Frontlines in a good direction when Azure collapsed." Baldur had listened somberly as Hirru recalled more of the past. In spite of them only being a quarter of the way up the tower, they had a long and storied history already. It felt strange to Baldur to recall just how much and how long that history was now. The pipe dream of completing 100 floors seemed even more daunting now.

"I hope you guys figure things out and pull it together. The more strong guilds we have the better shape the frontlines will be in. We need more teams of players who work together and come to raids prepared." Pushing himself up from where he had been sitting on the ground, Baldur brushed imaginary dirt off of him. A gesture that had been useless for two years now, but which was so ingrained in habit that it stuck with him. How much of what they did was merely reflexive, and unnecessary in this world?

"But like you said, this isn't the time for reminiscing or grieving. We've got work to do, butt to kick, children to save."

Baldur put his hand on the handle of his katana and smiled to his companions.

"How about we go see a wolf about some pelts."

@Hirru

Edited by Baldur

I nod my head as i listen to the tale told my the jade hunter as i write down the info about the Knight of Blood Oath that i can get and try to piece together who the people that use to be around what they were like. Doing my best to try and be as helpful as i can to players who might want to know this info, or if i run across any players that use to be part of this past so i can try to approach them correctly to try and help them as best as i can do so. I look towards Hirru with a saddened look able to tell the news of Beatebox was something that got to him as i make a small note next Beatbox's info of him being a good friend, and possibly a kind personality for people to be around. With that i put away my notebook thinking i have written down enough for this day since this is the most i have ever learned, and a rather important stuff to know to try and understand what has led up to this point within the history of Aincrad. From what i saw of the frontlines from my first time being there. I don't think there really is one guild leading the entire thing, and it is more so a collective of all the guilds and the few solo players helping out like Calrex. I say with a nod of my head with a smile on my face. And personally i like it that it seems to be in that nature of it being a group effort rather then one guild running the entire thing. After saying that i nod my head in agreement of getting towards hunting the giant beast. Yeah lets get going there is a giant wolf that needs to be put down by you two while i serve as its personal punching bag. I say in a joking tone of voice with an nod of my head and a grin on my face as i do a immediate glance around the area prepared for the giant wolf like creature to have been stalking the players possible.

• 2 weeks later...

They all stood ready for the next part of this quest.  With his extrasensory skills on, he couldn't sense anything in the immediate area, and a quick inspection of the quest mapping would suggest that they were on the outskirts of the final quest marker.  It was times like these that the hunter wished that he had enough to invest in the Tracking modification.  It would have helped them more as they went along.  Especially for these wargs that seem to infest this quest, or is it this area?  The hunter couldn't really say what else he could sense except some creatures that didn't seem like they were part of the quest.   Pointing onwards and moving as such, he wouldn't wait for the others. 

"Let's head towards our destination."

He said while sifting through his menu to get into his notes.  He pulled out a multitude of screens that held information on everyone that he had ever met.  For the most part, it was mostly switching between two different windows, but not doing anything about it.  After a few minutes several pings seemed to pull towards the right of their current location.

"We've got company!"

@Baldur

Baldur followed along, just a step behind and to the side of Hirru, while he kept his steel blue eyes alert for whatever might come their way. It was, however, Hirru's enhanced senses that picked up the fight first. After he pointed them out, Baldur saw the gleaming eyes of the pack of wolves and then their red diamond appeared above the head of the lead wolf.

At least until Baldur's eyes widened at the size of the Alpha.

"That must be Bane Blood... er blood bane... whatever it is."

A moment later, as his eyes focused on it and its diamond appeared, he saw the name pop up with it's massive health bar.

"Oh..." He hadn't realized just how much health the boss had.

"Alright guys, here we go!"

He crouched down, and the light of his sword art tried to burst forth from the sliver of bared blade. He felt the thrum of energy as he held back the charge skill, waiting for the right moment when he would get all four of them together with his AoE attack.

"Here I go!" Baldur howled as he shot forward in an explosion of light as he executed his strongest AoE attack, Amatsu No Homura.

@Hestia

ID: 101200 BD: 4 (Miss- blocked by Defend the Alpha)
ID: 101201 BD: 10 (Crit) 21+2+3=26x9= 234 -20 = 214 dealt
ID: 101202 BD: 10 (Crit) 21+2+3=26x9= 234 -20 = 214 dealt
ID: 101203 BD: 9 (Crit)   21+1+3=25x9= 225 -20 = 205 dealt

2/2/2/0<<Baldur>>    1070/1070 |    89/104  | DMG: 21  | MIT: 61  | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3  | BLD: 32
0/0/0/0 <<Hestia>>   1003/1445 |  122/122 | DMG:  5   | MIT:181 | ACC: 1 | EVA: -1 | TRNS: 84 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1
0/0/0/0<<Hirru>>       1105/1105 |  106/106 | DMG: 17  | MIT:  0   | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  | LOOT: 8

Warg Wolf 1 | 286/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 | 225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Warg Wolf 2 | 286/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 | 225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Warg Wolf 3 | 286/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 |225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha  - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Blood Bane  | 1250/1250 | DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC 3 | EVA 1 | MD 9-10: Fenrir Fang (Bleed), CD 10+ Call to Hunt, Heals 200 HP if attacks a player under the bleed affect
<< Fenrir Fang >> : Blood Bane bites the player with the highest hate with magnificent force. Deals 200 Mitigatable DMG and Leaves a 2 Turn Bleed of 36 DMG on a attack roll of 9-10.
<< Call to Hunt >> : Blood Bane creates a howl that rips through the battlefield and invigorates itself and its allies.  Raises all enemies DMG and MIT by 25 for 2 turns on a CD rolls of 10-12. Has a cool down of 2 turns, does not stack.
<< Feast of Blood >> : Blood Bane consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.

Edited by Baldur

I here the warning as i quickly turn to see the gathered foes ready for a fight as i sigh softly at that fact from myself not being at full health even as i shake my head and just holds sword and shield ready for an attack from all four succeeding. 'This is going to hurt no matter what i am going to be trying.' I think to myself just remembering the last batch of mobs and how much they knocked me around when i was just at full health. I see the wolves seemingly prepping to come at me and attack me with full force as i take a gulp of air only able to hope that the new stats can aid in my ability to live. I look toward the wolf pack as three of the smaller ones charge forth first as they bite down onto my legs and then one slamming against my shield as my health barely ticks down from those attacks as the wolves take pain from trying to bite down onto me. I then see the alpha charge towards me as the smaller wolves disperse away from me as i quickly prep for the attack as the large lupine creature slams into my form pushing me back, as i dig into the ground as best as i can to remain standing. Blood Bane seemingly getting tired of trying to attack me eventually as he went on his merry way. I turn and gives a thumbsup. You're up boys! Give these wolves a beating. i say with a grin.

Action Taken: Howl -10 ENG

#101204  MD:8+3=11   175-181=1(minimum)  Thorns: 84

#101205 MD:5+3=8  175-181=1(minimum)  Thorns: 84

#101206 MD:4+3=7  175-181=1(minimum)  Thorns: 84

#101207 MD:7+4=11  225-181= 44  CD:8   heals 25% of damage done  Thorns: 84

[3/3/3/3] <<Hestia>>    956/1445 |  112/122 | DMG:  5   | MIT:181 | ACC: 1 | EVA: -1 | TRNS: 84 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1
[0/0/0/0] <<@Hirru>>       1105/1105 |  106/106 | DMG: 17  | MIT:  0   | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  | LOOT: 8
[H:2/2/2/0] <<Baldur>>    1070/1070 |  104/104 | DMG: 21  | MIT: 61  | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3  | BLD: 32

Warg Wolf 1 | 202/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 | 225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Warg Wolf 2 | 202/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 | 225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Warg Wolf 3 | 211/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 |225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha  - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Blood Bane  | 1166/1250 | DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC 3 | EVA 1 | MD 9-10: Fenrir Fang (Bleed), CD 10+ Call to Hunt, Heals 200 HP if attacks a player under the bleed affect
<< Fenrir Fang >> : Blood Bane bites the player with the highest hate with magnificent force. Deals 200 Mitigatable DMG and Leaves a 2 Turn Bleed of 36 DMG on a attack roll of 9-10.
<< Call to Hunt >> : Blood Bane creates a howl that rips through the battlefield and invigorates itself and its allies.  Raises all enemies DMG and MIT by 25 for 2 turns on a CD rolls of 10-12. Has a cool down of 2 turns, does not stack.
<< Feast of Blood >> : Blood Bane consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.

• 2 weeks later...

"Are those wargs protecting that Alpha?!"

Was the only thing that came through the hunter's mouth when he noticed Baldur's attack was blocked heavily by the three beasts.  AOE attacks were known to be able to target four creatures, but one of them seemed to jump into the blades path.  Were they that protective of they're leader?  Of course, the hunter could understand that kind of loyalty, but only through humanoid intelligent creatures.  Not a pack of wolves!  Although, he was sure that he had seen something like this before.  It wasn't a quest, but...

His mind was beginning to wander again, but he needed to focus.  Charging forward, the hunter wasn't going to waste time with AOE strikes.  A firm solo strike was more effective with his arsenal.  Unfortunately, his mind was completely out of sync.  The wolves were far too coordinated for single strikes, it would seem, but that meant that a charge against all would be ineffective now.

"That's not good!"

Action Taken: Meteor Break --> Warg Wolf 1

#101436  BD:1 Miss

[H:3/3/3/3] <<Hestia>>      956/1445 |  112/122 | DMG:  5   | MIT:181 | ACC: 1 | EVA: -1 | TRNS: 84 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1
[H:0/0/0/0] <<Hirru>>       1105/1105 |  104/106 | DMG: 17  | MIT:  0   | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  | LOOT: 8
[H:2/2/2/0] <<Baldur>>    1070/1070 |    89/104 | DMG: 21  | MIT: 61  | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3  | BLD: 32

Warg Wolf 1 | 202/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 | 225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Warg Wolf 2 | 202/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 | 225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Warg Wolf 3 | 211/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 |225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha  - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Blood Bane  | 1166/1250 | DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC 3 | EVA 1 | MD 9-10: Fenrir Fang (Bleed), CD 10+ Call to Hunt, Heals 200 HP if attacks a player under the bleed affect

@Baldur

Edited by Hirru

"They won't let me through to the alpha!" Baldur cursed as he tried to assault the alpha again, but one of the wolves jumped in the way, knocking Blood Bane out of the way, and eating the brunt of Baldur's sword art attack <<San Ge>> before it shattered into thousands upon thousands of tiny multicolored shards of polygons.

"One down, three to go! Let's whittle down the little ones first. They seem eager to die!"

The pitious whine that the wolves let out when they died tugged at Baldur's heart string. Did someone go out and kick puppies to record the sound for the game? It bothered him to the core, but he reminded himself that this was not reality, and these were not real wolves. They would respawn for the next quest. Heck, he could do the quest again and they'd be here for him to kill as many times as he wanted, but if they killed him, it would only be once.

Funny how they get unlimited lives, but we don't respawn.

ID# 101445 BD: 7+3-1 (hit) 21x14=294-20=274

[H:3/3/3] <<Hestia>>      956/1445 |  112/122 | DMG:  5   | MIT:181 | ACC: 1 | EVA: -1 | TRNS: 84 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1
[H:0/0/0] <<Hirru>>       1105/1105 |  104/106 | DMG: 17  | MIT:  0   | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  | LOOT: 8
[H:2/2/0] <<Baldur>>    1070/1070 |    76/104 | DMG: 21  | MIT: 61  | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3  | BLD: 32

Warg Wolf 1 | 202/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 | 225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Warg Wolf 2 | 202/500     | DMG: 175 | MIT: 20 | ACC 2 | EVA 1 | 225 DMG on CD 10+ | Protect the Alpha - Blood Bane cannot be attacked while alive
Blood Bane  | 1166/1250 | DMG: 225 | MIT: 50 | ACC 3 | EVA 1 | MD 9-10: Fenrir Fang (Bleed), CD 10+ Call to Hunt, Heals 200 HP if attacks a player under the bleed affect

@Hestia

Edited by Baldur