(PP-F5) Dreading the Dunes <<The Traveler>>

Fae had been spending most of her time with the guild, going on quests and events with them. But there were a few people outside of the guild that Fae liked a lot too. In particular, miss Hestia was one that Fae had been quite fond of. Fae had seen Hestia a couple of times before, and now she wanted to do a simple quest that she had yet to do. Fae opened her menu and sent a quick message to Hestia. "Hey miss Hestia! Fae was wondering if you could go on the traveler quest with Fae. It should be pretty easy." Fae sent the message before stepping onto the floor teleporter and warping to floor 5. Stepping out, Fae found the quest NPC quickly and leaned against a wall near the old woman. Fae then realized that last time she saw Hestia, her hair was pink, but now it was green. Fae sent another quick message just to be safe. "Also, just look out for green hair instead of pink this time. Fae will be on floor 5 near the traveler NPC." Fae hit send, but then noticed that she accidentally sent it to Pinball instead. Oh well. Fae sent the same message to Hestia and then went back to waiting. If Pinball came that would be perfectly fine. Fae was 11 now, and she had gotten a few more inches. Fae longed for the day she would be as tall as everyone else in this game.

@Hestia @Pinball

Spoiler

Fae's Stats

HP: 160 Energy: 16 MIT: 1

-Vanity Dagger

-Divine Dragon's Cloak (+1 MIT, +1 EVA, +1 Light Momentum)

Edited by Fae
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I relax within my shop just playing on my guitar with a soft and happy humm accompanying my playing of the instrument. Just playing along to some song and tune that i remember back from the real world. This one having a somber tone and melody along with it. That each note played playing on that somberness that is being played and each part meant to express such emotions. Mslf just thinking of the song lyrics to allow me to play with such passion since i am unable to find anything of a nature that would fit with the amount of grief and the message of the song at all. 'Look into her eyes and said the one thing i knew. "Just give it time i will be all over soon." ' I then hear a message go off as i look towards my notifications and opens up the message and see that it is from the youngest player i had the opportunity to meet within this game. 'Nice to see that Fae is doing alright.' I think to myself with a smile as i send a message back.

Spoiler

@Fae

I will be right their give me a about half an hour. I'm in my shop.

With the message sent i get up out of my seat and call over towards my familiar as i nod towards him. Come on Kuro we're meeting with someone who might be in need of some assistance with a quest. I tell my familiar who nods his head and follows me out of my shop.

@Pinball

It wasn't often that Floor 8 rained. The weather on this floor was usually sunny, sometimes cloudy, but rarely ever stormy. Pinball stood in his shop, staring out the small window and listening to the rain drops on his ceiling. There was something about rainy weather that he couldn't put his finger on; but, he always found himself enjoying it. He pushed away from the window, his footsteps sending echoes through the small shop. This is my aesthetic, he thought, spinning into a twirl. He enjoyed having nothing to do. 

A small ping stopped him in his tracks. His heart sinking in his chest, fearing the worst, Pinball swiped through his menu, tapping his way into his messages. It was Fae! Pinball couldn't help but feel a bit happy; he hadn't seen her in a long time. This message wasn't meant for you, he thought, dismissing the interface with a flick of his wrist. He shrugged, equipping his armor and his trinket, as well as the white snow jacket he had found himself wearing as of late. He slung his spear across his back, paused, took it off, and walked through the doorway, where he sheathed the spear once more (it wouldn't fit through the door at that angle). 

"Jesus Christ," Pinball gasped, the heat of the fifth floor hitting him like a brick, "this is hot as hell." He stepped off the teleporter, unequipping his jacket, the article disappearing in a flash of blue light. The jar on his waist shook and trembled. Chunks of black fog overflowed from the jar, floating gently to the floor where it disappeared as if made of water. She probably doesn't like the heat. Pinball started walking, but stopped when he saw a green-haired girl leaning against a wall. Is that...? He checked his message, just to be sure. Green hair..Stillhe didn't approach her, opting to strangely stare at her from a distance. "Uhmm."

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 27

Health: 540 | Energy: 54

DMG: 14 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:

►N/A

Weapon skills:

►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:

►N/A

Extra skills:

►<<Fishing>>

►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster

►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A

Modifiers:

►N/A

Inventory

»[Equipped] [Demonic] Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed

»[Equipped] [Perfect] Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA

»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC

@Fae

Edited by Pinball

Fae got a small smile on her face when she got a reply from Hestia saying that she would be there in a half hour. Good, so she was available, or at least she wasn't terribly busy. Fae was about to walk off for a bit when she saw another familiar face show up. Pin was staring at her from a bit of distance away, and Fae didn't exactly get why. But if there was one thing she knew about Pin, asking never helped, ever. Fae ran up to Pin and gave him a big hug, looking up at the awkward young lad. "Hey Pinny! Fae is glad to see you again! The message Fae sent wasn't really for you, but you can still come with Fae and miss Hestia if you want!" Fae greeted, before doing a quick twirl. "Also, since Fae is 11 now, Fae figured it would be a good time for a hair change, do you like the green?" Fae asked, running one finger through her hair with a big smile.

I make my way through the snowy fields of the fourth floor keeping my hands within my pockets wearing just some simple vanity gear from already having the survival skill equipped to keep me perfectly warm even within snowy cold weather with no issues at all. I think back to the quest and nods my head knowing that it will at least be a day's investment into this quest, but worth it since it is for aiding a player that might not make it otherwise. be that from boredom, or being unable to make it on their own from having a very bad sandstorm hit them for whatever reason. Eventually i make it towards the main settlement of snowfrost as i then make my way towards the teleport gate and once i arrive i say the simple command phrase. Teleport, Fortaleza. I say as the gate opens up as i then step through it along with my lion familiar who is the size of a St.Bernard with wings as black as night and fur as pure white as the snow.Once arriving on the fifth floor i gaze around the area looking for a small child with green hair.

Pinball smiled when Fae went in for a hug, his hands held awkwardly at shoulder level. What are you supposed to do with your hands? He kept his hands in the air. He looked back down to Fae when she broke off, nodding, his ears burning. "Y-yeah, I know," he said, in response to her explaining that the message wasn't for him. "Sorry. Just wanted to check in," he explained, twirling a a strand of his hair, looking down the street. The teleporter was in clear view, and he was anxiously awaiting Hestia's arrival. He knew firsthand that she was the good sort, but he didn't know how she'd react to seeing Pinball here; he couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. Ah, shut up, he scolded himself. Grow up, dude. He took a step back, nodding when Fae asked if he liked her hair. "Yeah," he said. "Looks good green." Pinball placed a hand on the glass jar tied to his belt, considering introducing the girl to Zomekko. A flash of blue light in his peripheral vision, and his head snapped to the side, waiting for Hestia to notice them. He took a step back, pointing out Hestia for the young girl. "There she is.Should I like... leave them be? 

Fae waved one hand in dismissal when Pin apologized and said he was just checking in. "It's okay mister Pin! You're always welcome to go with us." Fae assured, patting Pin on the side of his arm. Fae giggled a little bit when Pin said that her hair looked good green, and she did another quick twirl. "Thanks Pin, you look great too! A little messy, but that's your style Fae guesses." Fae complimented back. Fae looked over at the floor teleporter to see if Hestia arrived and sure enough she saw her. Fae grabbed Pin's hand and pulled him along with her over to Hestia before letting go and hugging Hestia tightly. "Hi miss Hestia! Fae is glad you could come! Pin is also coming with us on this quest, so we can have a little more company! You both know how this quest works, so we'll probably end up camping out in the desert since we're starting a little late in the day." Fae said, breaking away from Hestia and looking at her two questmates.

I glance around the area till i spot a small green haired girl moving right towards me with a familiar player as i just wave towards the duo. 'So it is now going to be Fae and Pinball. Should be a rather interesting time. At the very least with more people it should pass the time faster by keeping the conversation going.' I think to myself as i give Fae a hug when she gives myself one. Hello to you too Fae, and hello towards you Pinball. I say with glance towards Pinball when i say his name. And yeah i know how the quest works. We have a two day time limit to get the cargo back towards the quest giver, and once that is complete you get the survival skill able to be gained with some nice skill points. I say with a small grin on my face as i then look directly towards Fae. So whats with the hair color change? Just a preference or did someone suggest it to you? I ask out of simple curiosity.

A... a little messy? Pinball grinned a painful smile, looking off to the side. "Aalllrigghttt," he said between clenched teeth. Pinball pulled up his shirt, giving it a sniff. Nothing. Is it the way I dress? Pinball's thoughts were interupted by Fae dragging him along to greet Hestia. "H-heyy," he managed; a weak greeting before introductions were underway. He snapped a finger gun, then went silent as the two talked. When Hestia said his name, Pinball gave her a small wave. "Hey," he replied. End up camping out? Is this an all day thing? Pinball rubbed his cheek with a thumb. But the rain, a part of him whined. He took a step to the side, leaning up against a nearby wall. He looked to Fae as Hestia questioned the hair colour, and Pinball wondered himself, but said nothing else. He put his hands in his pocket, his spear slung across his back, poking out well above and beyond his head. 

Fae noticed the painful smile on Pin's face as she said that he was a little messy, and his following behavior confirmed to Fae he didn't really think the same or like her observation. Fae didn't really seem him as a slob, just a bit messy. It looked cool, but Pin seemed to have taken it the wrong way. Fae nodded her head when Hestia explained the quest and thought for a second about the survival skill. It had a nice niche, but wasn't too helpful in combat itself. Fae's thoughts were cut off when Hestia asked why Fae changed her hair color, and she answered quickly. "Fae saw a little kid NPC with green hair styled like this, and Fae thought it looked cute, so Fae copied it. Same goes for the two flowers." Fae answered as she tapped the flower on the right side of her hair. Fae took a look out at the desert and sighed before walking between two buildings and stepping onto the sand. "We better get going then, we have to find that cargo before night falls." Fae said as she motioned for Pin and Hestia to follow her.

I glance towards Pinball seeing that he seems a bit reserved for the most part. Seemingly distancing himself from others, or at the very least isn't very talkative. I put my attention back onto Fae as i nod my head at hearing her reasoning. Well it is your choice to make Fae, and yeah we better get moving otherwise walking all that way wouldn't have been worth anything. Oh and keep in mind that while you are out their you have the possibility of the sand hurting you from how hard it is hitting against you from the winds. I warn the two players with me and then nods my head as i follow Fae as she starts making her way towards the quest destination. Not minding the smaller girl leading since if she manages to get off course i could easily direct her back in the correct direction of where the quest objective will be, or at the very minimum the general area where the cargo will be visible.

Pinball watched as the two talked, his hands in his pockets. They seemed to come to a conclusion, with Hestia saying they should get a move on, and Fae taking the lead. So it is an all day thing, noting the mention of the time it might take them to find the cargo they were searching for. Pinball pushed himself off the wall, taking one last, lingering look at the streets around him. Not noticing anything out of the ordinary, Pinball walked after, his boots clacking on the paved streets as he walked. Pinball found himself staring at Fae, her green hair puzzling him. I guess a change of style isn't bad, he thought, rubbing his shoulder. Fae's words echoed in his mind: "Kind of messy." Pinball stretched, wondering what it was that she thought was messy about him. He then looked to Hestia, seeing the tank dressed in regular clothes rather than the imposing looking armor she wore to battle. 

Fae took a look out at the vast desert, all of the sand blowing around just to get in the way.Hestia had reminded them that the sand can cause damage, and Fae nodded her head. "Fae knows the sand hurts you. But it's a small amount of damage so we should all be fine." Fae said as she started to regret saying that he was messy. He really wasn't it was just his hair that Fae thought was messy. Some sand flew by Fae's head, but it didn't hurt or anything like that. The desert heat was about the only real negative about being here. Other than that, this place seemed like another fun place to visit. "So, what have you two been up to lately? Anything fun?" Fae asked as she looked back at the two. Pin didn't really seem like he had done too much, but maybe Hestia had gone somewhere cool.

ID: 99647 CD: 4 (No Damage)

@Hestia

Edited by Fae

The only thing i could say that has been fun for myself is getting a chance to participate on the frontlines, and getting close to completing my build that i have discovered is possible. I say with a grin on my face not saying it just yet since there is no reason to say what it is at this moment since no combat will be occurring and there is no reason to try and intimidate others. But yeah for things that are fun is just doing some questing with friends and such to help them out in terms of levels and to also help myself out to make sure that i can stay ahead and keep up with all the frontliners. What about yourself Fae? Done anything fun, or anything interesting happen as of late? I ask curiously towards the green haired girl as the group of three traverse through the desert. Myself not being hurt or bothered by the sand from already having survival active to keep me safe.

@Fae(you need to change your post to add 13 more words as a minimum to meet the minimum post requirement. If you don't do so i won't be able to approve this thread)

@Pinball(you're up)

Pinball made his way through the desert, making sure to stay well behind the two other players in his group. He had the highest damage output among the three of them, from what he knew, and Hestia was one hell of a tank. If the desert decided to throw something at them that wasn't just harsh sandstorm, they'd be able to take care of it fairly easily. He observed the two, unsure whether or not he should join in on the conversation, or start one, at least. When Fae asked what they've been up to, Pinball shrugged, waiting until Hestia finished speaking to squeeze in his explanation. "Nothing much. I've really just been wandering around Aincrad the past week. I haven't gotten much done, if I'm being honest." Pinball was about to ask Fae where she's been as well, but Hestia got to it before he did. With a small nod, Pinball once again went quiet. 

ID# 99649  CD: 11 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

Fae skipped along through the sand as she listened to Hestia say that the only thing fun for her lately has been helping out on the front lines. Then she added that helping out others and questing was also fun for her. Fae nodded her head in agreement with Hestia. "Yeah, helping out others is always fun. Fae hasn't really done that much fun stuff lately. Fae just hangs out with her guild pals. Other than that, Fae goes and talks to the voices on floor 4, that's all Fae does for fun." Fae said as she covered her face from the sand. This time it hurt a little bit and some of the sand ended up in her hair. Pin said he hadn't done all that much lately and Fae patted him on the arm. "That's fine mister Pin, we all have our slow times." Fae said, hoping he wasn't feeling bad or anything like that about it. "So, was there anything you guys wanted to talk about?" Fae asked as she stopped for a second, before getting in between Pin and Hestia and continuing.

ID: 99685 CD: 1 (10 Damage)

Fae: 130/140

@Pinball

Edited by Fae

I raise an eyebrow at the words chosen as i look towards Fae. I am sorry, but what do you mean by the voices? I say sounding a bit worried for this girl's mental health and quickly keeping a mental note for the moment to watch out for this girl and how she could end up if said voices are things only she could hear. I then feel the wind pick up ever so slightly cutting into any player without survival as i just casually just ignore it not being bothered from having survival and seeing that it affected Fae as i then glance towards Pinball rather curious if he had troubles with the sand picking up ever so slightly to try and do damage like it said it could within the quests details. Well if you haven't been up to much Pinball if you ever need to do some questing send a message on over towards me and i will be there to help you out since no quest can stand up to this tank. I say with a grin on my face.

Pinball squinted as he trudged through the sand. The storm only seemed to get worse and worse, but his health bar seemed to remain in good condition. He looked to Hestia, who didn't seem bothered by the weather at all, and then to Fae, who seemed to be very bothered by it. He frowned, but kept walking. Are we really supposed to spend the night out here? He took a look around; there seemed to be no end to it. This is going to be miserable. Pinball was far from a patient guy, and spending the night in the desert with a child and someone he barely knew was a bit off-putting, to say the least. Voices? He thought curiously, trying to remember if there was some special location on Floor 4 that produced voices, but Hestia seemed to voice his concerns. Fae said she had been hanging out with people in her guild, but he hadn't seen her in what he felt to be the longest time... maybe she just wasn't hanging out with him. Pinball nodded to Hestia, an awkward smile on his face. "Yeah, sounds good to me.

ID# 99726  CD: 2 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

Fae continued to skip through the sand between Hestia and Pin happily before Hestia questioned what Fae meant by voices. "You haven't heard the voices? Fae hears them all the time when walking through Snowfrost. Fae can't really ever tell where they come from though. But the voices are nice sometimes when Fae is happy, and they're mean when Fae isn't happy. They've been kind of mean regardless lately." Fae explained the voices, keeping a smile on her face. Hestia told Pin that if he hadn't done much, then he could message her for help, since she was such a great tank. "Yeah, you're really strong miss Hestia! Pin is super powerful too, except when he did 1 damage to the first dragon in DHA." Fae said, laughing a little bit before patting Pin on the shoulder. "Don't worry Pin, Fae is only kidding." Fae assured, hoping he didn't feel too offended or bothered.

ID: 99778 CD: 11 (No Damage)

Fae: 130/140

@Hestia

Edited by Fae

I raise an eyebrow at hearing Fae say that as i immediately file that away to use that for later information knowing such things are really dangerous to be hearing and more so there is no way there are disembodied voices in Snowfrost. That floor being my home and knowing it like the back of my hand. Fae you need to seek help right away. What your hearing isn't normal, so tell me that person you killed. Was she murdered on floor four? I ask Fae knowing of the death since the monument had listed off the name and killer. Though my surprise still being present from seeing the green crystal above Fae's ahead making me wonder if it is a glitch or if she somehow took on the redemption quest successfully. Cause if that is the case Fae that isn't a programmed voice that is called a conscious of guilt and slowly declining sanity. I say just being forward with the green haired girl.