(PP-F5) Dreading the Dunes <<The Traveler>>

He eyed Fae, worried. God damn it. Pinball looked away, instead choosing to leave the talking to Hestia. He'd listen. The voices, he thought. That's not good. It occured to him then how stupid it was he had thought about locations that would be talking to her. From what he knew, there wasn't anything like that at all in Aincrad. Hestia was surprisingly forward with the girl, and he frowned. Is that really the best approach here? Pinball shot a look at Hestia. "Hey," he said softly, not knowing how else to convey his thoughts. Pinball looked to Fae, who was relatively happily walking through the desert. There wasn't anything he could do. He didn't want to believe she was losing it; she was just a kid, and a very cheery one at that. Though her logic made her seem much older, he couldn't place anything else about her that seemed out of the ordinary. 

ID# 99782  CD: 6 (No Damage) 

@Fae

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fae was a bit confused that Hestia said that she needed help, but then she asked if Fae had killed a player on floor 4. Fae looked at the ground and nodded her head, a little bit ashamed by it. Hestia then went on to say that the voices were of guilt and that it was slowly declining sanity. "It can't be the sanity thing, Fae is perfectly fine! Fae is still smiling and happy as usual." Fae said quickly, a bit shaken by the thought of it. "The voices don't guilt Fae too much either. Sometimes they ask why Fae did it, but that's about it." Fae explained, before going back to skipping happily. Fae knew Hestia would keep going with the questions about sanity stuff, so Fae tried to change the subject. "So miss Hestia, every girl Fae has seen has two big balloons in front of their chest, when does Fae get them?" Fae asked, looking up at Hestia, hoping it worked.

ID: 99830 CD: 9

@Hestia

Edited by Fae

I sigh softly as i rub the back of my head knowing i should've figured that trying to explain the concept of declining sanity to a child would not be possible, or at the very least a easy thing to do since the possibility of complex thoughts of that nature might not be possible yet for someone who is young. Well Fae even if you are smiling and happy at the moment it can affect you int the future where such emotions could be changed or warped to something a lot more dark and horrendous for yourself, and the people who love and care for you at the moment. I say towards the younger girl just being honest with her as i continue walking along with the two of you through the desert. When asked about the whole breasts things my face lights up into a blush as my mind immediately reels into trying to think of a appropriate answer. well...you see..they appear and happen as time progresses, and as you grow older. I say trying to be careful with my wording as i glance towards Pinball hoping he isn't finding amusement out of this, and if i see any i would give a small glare mainly from embarrassment that i am feeling at having to explain this to a child.

@Pinball

He didn't know whether or not he should be talking about this with the child, but something told him it wasn't his forte. Every time he tried "helping" people in delicate situations, he found he got strangely... mean. With Fae, though, it was different. He wasn't sure if it was because she was a child, or something else, but he knew he'd never be able to get mean with the girl (at least not seriously). As such, he mostly kept to himself, as he had been the entirety of the walk, keeping his head low and his mouth shut. It was until Fae asked a question about "balloons" that the boy immediately perked up, a wide grin on his face. He looked down at the child walking in front of him in amazement, then glanced over to Hestia, trying his best to hold in his laughter. A glare from the tank kept him from doing just that, though the smile on his face remained. 

ID# 99834  CD: 10 (No Damage) 

@Fae

Fae noticed Hestia blush and it confused her a little bit why she was blushing. Fae saw Pin's smile and could tell he thought it was funny. "What's so funny? Fae was just wondering when she was gonna get them." Fae asked as she continued to skip. Some more sand blew by, none of it hitting Fae. Hestia said she was get them as she got older and Fae nodded. "Alright! Fae can't wait to get hers! Hopefully they're big." Fae exclaimed as she got a big smile on her face. Hestia said that even if she was happy now, Fae could change into something horrendous, which Fae decided to not say anything about it for the sake of the mood. "So, when did you get your balloons miss Hestia?" Fae asked curiously.

ID: 99896 CD: 2 (No Damage)

Fae: 130/140

Edited by Fae

I continue to glare at Pinball as i can see his very amused look on his face as i grip my fist and then takes a calming breathe. 'Calm down hest there is nothing to worry about.' I think to myself to calm myself before i could say something that would be to adult for the a child. I do chuckle slightly at hearing Fae's want for when she is older as i shrug not going to bother commenting on that. Though at hearing the next part once more my face turns beat red as i am forced once more to try and think of a sentence that can work without making me feel like a total fool while doing so. 'Children. They ask a million questions.' I think to myself remembering my mother's words of when she described myself and my sister when we were children. Well Fae i got my.. 'Balloons.' As you call them when i was in my teenage years. I say not wishing to state a specific answer as i just continue moving forward as i check the sky for the time that it could be.

@Pinball

Pinball's face lit up as the girls kept talking. "Nothing, nothing," he replied, waving his hands, but he kept the grin. "nothin'." Trudging through the sand was getting tiring. How long would he have to keep walking? Why had he decided to come along, anyways? Stifling a sigh, he laughed out loud when @Fae asked Hestia when she got her "balloons". Pinball looked to the tank, raising his eyebrows. "Yeah, Hest, when'd you get your balloons?" With a snort, Pinball turned away from the two girls, unhooked the jar from his belt, and shoved it up his shirt, the jar sticking out from under the clothes. "I got mine when I was a teenager, too," Pinball said with a strut forward, his hands on his hips. "Only one, though." A black mist creeped out from under the boy's shirt, the shadowy fog solidifying to reveal Zomekko, his ghostly cat's form. "Sorry about that," he murmured to his familiar, touching the cat's head. Shadows crept up his arm, passing through the right side of his body and stopping on his left shoulder, where the cat lie curled up, watching the two other players with wide, pure white eyes.

ID# 99908  CD: 3 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

Fae still didn't get what was so funny about asking when she would get her balloons. Hestia answered by saying that she got them in her teenage years. "Fae is getting kinda close to getting her balloons then. Fae is 11 right now, so then Fae should be getting them in another two years." Fae said, guessing that 13 counted as a teenager. Pin then added that he also got his when he was a teenager, but it just left Fae confused. She didn't really want to ask, knowing how Pin could get weird like that sometimes. Fae looked up at the sky and saw that the sun was starting to go down. They had to be nearing the cargo at this point. "So, anything you guys wanna talk about? Fae loves to listen, talking is one of Fae's favorite things to do." Fae asked, unable to think of any other subject to really talk about.

ID: 99926 CD: 2 (No Damage)

@Hestia

Edited by Fae

I just look towards Pinball with a very blank look on my face wondering why i subjected myself to this. to being embarrassed about this subject from having to explain it to a child. I just look towards Pinball with a look that has the universal message that everyone can understand. The 'we're going to talk later' look as i just look towards Pinball. i then turn back towards Fae with a kind smile and look upon my face. Well i personally don't have much i wish to speak about since i am just living my days in ease as much as i can which isn't that relaxing if you consider the fact i put myself in constant danger that can kill me on a daily basis. I say tapping my cheek realizing that i very rarely ever relax very truly and be at ease one hundred percent of the time. 'Man Itzal is right. I need to take more vacations or something to be able to relax and enjoy myself more rather then risking my life every day in and out.' I think to myself.

@Pinball

Giggling nonsensically to himself, Pinball pulled the jar from under his shirt, tying it back into his belt as he walked through the sand. He was too busy laughing at his own jokes, he didn't even notice Hestia's almost threatening look. When he was finished, the ghostly cat leapt back into the jar, filling the glass with an inky blackness. With a wide grin, Pinball put his hands on his sides in a Superman pose. "Soo~" he began, wiggling his hips, suddenly in a humorous mood, "how have you lovely ladies been?" Pinball listened as Hestia explained what she had been doing. Pinball almost immediately adopted a semi-serious tone, though part of his voice still dripped with humor, "We all live with that danger, Hest." He hopped over to the girl, poking her shoulder. "You're just lucky you have big ol' shiny armor to protect you." Pinball spun back around to the middle of the two, kicking up the desert sand. "I get knocked silly for someone who isn't supposed to take a hit, and I don't have any protection.

ID# 99934  CD: 2 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

Fae felt a little bit bad for Hestia when she said that she hadn't really been relaxing since she was putting her life in danger and risk constantly. "Well, if you want to relax, maybe the three of us could take some time off and go somewhere fun. Fae likes hanging out with you guys." Fae suggested before going through the different places and floors they could go to in her head. Her thoughts were cut off by Pin asking how the "lovely ladies" were doing. Fae knew what kind of act he was doing, so Fae decided to mess around and play along with him. "Fae is doing just fine sweetie, Fae can tell you're ready to be naughty..." Fae said in a flirtatious voice as she rubbed up against Pin a little bit. She then burst out laughing, unable to keep up the act. "Fae is sorry, it's just too funny!"

ID: 99935 CD: 11 (No Damage)

@Hestia

Edited by Fae

I roll my eyes at Pinball's joking attitude seemingly resurfacing for a little bit, and Fae seeming a bit to eager to play into it as i just look away not wishing to comment about it. However, even if i am not looking i have a big megawatt grin on my face at having Pinball be in a not so favorable position now. Once the two interact through that rather awkward interaction i turn back to Pin to answer his responses to what i have said. I mean yes you are correct Pin we all live with the danger, but i make sure to revisit these dangers that others only do once. Over, and over again since i wish to make sure that everybody who faces quests can get through them with absolute ease even if it would cost me my safety or even life if necessary. I say in a honest and gentle tone of voice and in a rather forward manner as i continue making my way forward through the desert as i then turn to Pinball with a grin. Besides i am a performer, and a tank i can't afford to die. Not when people need my help to take the damage, and not when there are people who could need a good lift me up song or even just be a shame to lose a possible musical idol of Aincrad. i say in a semi-joking tone when saying musical idol.

@Pinball

Pinball's face went red as Fae rubbed against him, a feeling of great discomfort rising in his chest. "Ha, yeaahh," he said weakly, taking a few steps away. He snapped finger guns at the girl, then stared out into the desert, not wanting to say anything. He listened to Hestia's reasoning, and he couldn't really argue with it. It was perfectly valid logic; but Pinball couldn't help but think that she was putting herself on a high pedestal. "You think I don't do that either?" he nearly shouted, a weak smile fading from his face, he regarded himself with the poke of a thumb. "Lower players always want to do the most dangerous quests... It's ridiculous!" At this point, all humor had faded from his voice. "And... And I can't just let them die." He looked to the sand. "Guess who plays the tank when there isn't one?" He looked to Hestia, his eyebrows raised the worry. "I'm not built to take a hit. I was never planning on hanging around anyone, so I'm built to run." He shoved his hands in his pockets, his head as low as his voice. "The fear of watching your life slip through your fingers... people like you don't have to worry about that. You guys thrive off of taking hits. For me, taking even three good hits is game over. And you make a choice, then," he frowned, "whether you survive, or the stupid kid who thinks he can take on a boss monster does. I make that choice everytime I meet someone. Everytime." He looked back to Hestia. "I want to get back home, just like everyone else. But... I'm not a horrible person. I can't let them kill themselves over something so stupid.

ID# 99947  CD: 12 (No Damage) 

@Fae

• 4 weeks later...

I nod my head at Pinball's words in understanding as i rub the back of my head. yeah i guess you have a point Pin. Though you shouldn't try taking up the tanking position unless you're a one hundred percent certain that you can take the burden of that quest. I wouldn't want you dying just because you did something that you were totally unprepared for. I know it might be difficult to think of letting some go on dangerous quests and such, but that just happens sadly from time to time. We can only hope they return back home safely and happily among their loved ones that await their return. Friends and family both ingame and out of game await all of our return from every fight. I say towards the fellow player by my side as i look towards him with a calm look within my eyes. I admire your willingness to be the tank for others when they need one, but don't forget your own safety when it comes down to it. You're one of a kind after all and people would miss you if you disappeared.

Pinball's face went red. He immediately regret saying those things. That sounds so cheesy, he thought sheepishly. He felt like he had played the victim there, and he hated himself all the more for it. Pinball shook his head as Hestia got serious, acknowledging the things he had said. Things I said in the moment of things, he grimaced, things I shouldn't have said. So stupid. Pinball shrugged, shaking his head again. "It's... it's fine. Yeah. I get it. Sorry." Pinball looked up at the setting sun, surprised by how much time had passed since they had started walking. "We should probably start setting up camp," he sighed. He walked for a moment, paused, and looked around, but could find no body of water in their immediate vicinity. 

Pinball trudged up the dunes, finding a spot where there was a deep incline in the sand, surrounded by four mounds of the stuff. "Here's a good spot," he called out to Fae and Hestia, pointing. "Let's settle here. Any of you have any camping supplies? I have a few things. Mostly cooking stuff.

Sand Damage: ID# 10110  CD: 8 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

I nod my head as i walk alongside you as i give you a small gentle pat on the back. Good job though Pin on protecting those in need. I can't be everywhere, so having people like you there ready to protect is nice to know that not everyone is doomed when having kind people like you around. I say towards the DPS user with a smile as i walk alongside you while ignoring the buffeting sandstorm that could hurt me if it wasn't for the fact i have survival. After walking for a bit up a dune i nod my head as i take out from my inventory a tent along with a few sleeping bags as i set up the tent first taking a few minutes to make sure it is secured to the ground for certain. After accomplishing that i lay out the sleeping bags within the singular tent that could hold a group of five within it. After that with a nod of my head i turn to you and gives a thumbs up. Tent is set up if you want to crash right away Pin. Or if you want we could go make dinner inside it to have something to eat after so much travel? I say in a questioning tone.

Pinball squirmed in place, uncomfortable by the tank's praise. He didn't think too highly of himself, and he couldn't help but feel like this was both an embarrasing situation, and what she had said was untrue. "Y-yeah," he said meekly, rubbing his arm. He glanced over at Fae before turning his attention back to Hestia. The frontliner made quick work of setting up camp, and Pinball couldn't help but be surprised. "Damn. You came prepared, huh?" Pinball skipped over to the tents and sleeping bags. There was no rain, but night was falling quickly, and Pinball had heard stories about how cold it got at night. 

He opened his inventory, swiping through items on top of items (mostly unused consumables, along with the few pieces of equipment he carried), and materialized a few. Pots, pans, knives, cutting boards, and everything else cooking fell to the ground in a clatter. Pinball cursed, took his cloak out of his inventory, and laid out his cooking supplies. He brought out a jug of water, and started filling the bigger pot. It would have to be a cold meal, he knew, unless Hestia had some way to start a fire. He paused his pouring. If there was no way to boil it, what was he doing? "Hey, Hestia. Do you have like... a fire? Or would you rather eat something cold? Or just something plain like sandwhiches?

Sand Damage: ID# 101110  CD: 9 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

Fae had remained quiet for a bit and just walked alongside Pin and Hestia. They had moved on to a conversation about builds and Fae sighed with relief internally. The attention was off of her, so now Fae could go back to smiling. Fae just listened to the two of them talk, and it didn't take very long for the sun to set and camp to start being set up. Fae couldn't exactly help very much, so she sat down a bit away from Pin and Hestia and yawned, already tired. Fae watched Pin get the cooking supplies out and Fae scooted closer to him curiously. "Need help with anything mister Pin? Fae is here to help if you need Fae!" Fae asked, doing a quick salute to him. She had no idea how to cook, but she would try her best to help as much as she could.

ID: 101122 CD: 3 (No Damage)

@Pinball 

Edited by Fae

I always come prepared Pin you can never be too sure when disaster could strike us all. i say towards the spear wielder with a smile on my face as i enter the tent soon after as i rest on one side of the tent relaxing with a smile on my face using my sleeping back and a few others to serve as a backrest for the time being as i watch you begin getting out some cooking items. When asking if i have any fire i just shake my head no. Not any fire i would be willing to try and start in here. This is a tent not some place we could risk going up in flames you know? If we did it outside i could do that for you then since i could get some wood and then some rocks and try that old method. I do come prepared for these things. I say towards you with a smile on my face and a nod of my head as i wait to hear what you think of that as i look towards my familiar as he claims the back of the tent as he curls up and starts to slowly drift into sleep even as food is mentioned he seems ignorant to it all.

"Oh, so you can start a fire! Awesome!" Pinball seemed genuinely pleased with this realization. "Yeah, yeah, quickly, let's set it up. Before it gets cold out." He wrapped his pots and pans in his cloak, carrying it folded up in his arms as he pushed outside. The sun was low, now, casting deep red rays of light across the desert sands. Already, the temperature was dropping. It was nowhere near as blisteringly hot as it was earlier in the day, when they had first started their walk. "Oh, man," he mumbled, "we need to hurry. You start the fire, yeah? I'll be right back." Pinball set his bundle of tools to the side, and went back inside the tent. He grinned. "Fae, are you hungry? You can help me cook if you want. It's going to be getting cold, so we're going to be eating something hot." Pinball scooted over to the edge of the tent, unhooking Zomekko's glass jar from his belt. Pinball took the jar and set it to the side, Zomekko still swirling around inside, seemingly content with staying in there. "She likes the cold," he explained, "and the dark, too, so she might be coming to hang out soon.

Sand Damage: ID# 101123  CD: 1 (Pinball takes 10 DMG) 

OOC Healing: Pinball recovers 10 Health 

Edited by Pinball