(PP-F5) Dreading the Dunes <<The Traveler>>

i smile at that as i get out from the tent as i take out a pile of fire wood as i lay it out on the sand as i then grab some two rocks and strike them hard over the fire doing so over and over until a fire will finally light up. Taking a good long while to be able to do this to finally start it up, and once it is i back away with a smile as i then direct Pinball over towards the fire. We got it going Pinball! Start cooking some good food please! I'm starving. I say with a grin and a smile on my face as i then lay upon my back and looks up towards the multitude of stars above me within the sky smiling happily as i glance over towards Fae, and just gives a nod at her remaining safe for the most part from this storm. I look towards the smoke like cat that is Zomekko with a curious look within my eyes wondering what it is and how it even functions as it does. 'SAO is strange, but i guess that is why we have such unique creatures to keep us company.' I think to myself with a shrug.

@Fae

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fae nodded her head with a big grin on her face when Pin asked if she wanted to help cook. "Yes Fae does! What can Fae do to help mister Pin? Fae isn't really good at cooking, but Fae can at least try!" Fae asked as she followed Pin in and out of the tent. It was starting to get a little chilly, so Fae wrapped her cloak around herself to stay warm. Fae looked towards Zomekko with a bit of a curious look. She didn't quite get how a familiar like that worked, but asking would only confuse herself. "You know what would be fun to do since we're camping? What if we tell campfire stories? Like we talk about scary things we've been through? Wouldn't that be fun? You go first Pin!" Fae suggested, getting a little bit excited.

ID: 101124 CD: 3 (No Damage)

@Pinball

Edited by Fae

With the sun starting to set, Pinball pulled out the jug of water he carried with him, and poured it into the pot. He sat on his cloak for a minute, rearranging his utensils. He then scooted over to the fire carefully, knowing how hot such things could be. "Thank you, Hestia," he smiled, "but I'm going to need to uhh..." He jabbed his hand into the fire, retreiving one of the longer logs. He flicked his hand up and down. "Yeesh," he mumbled, then repeated the process until he had two long pieces of fire wood laying in the sand. "I need these to keep the pot above the fire," he explained, "I don't have any of those fancy metal things to keep it hanging above the fire.

Pinball pulled a cutting board from his inventory again, and motioned for Fae to come over. "Cooking was simplified in SAO," he began to explain, pulling out his knife. "All you really need to do for soup is chop up the materials, put 'em in the pot, and wait a few moments. Your Cooking skill does the rest." In Fae's case, her skill probably wasn't very high. Still, Pinball figured his would balance it out. He pulled out a carrot, and handed it, his cutting board, and his knife to Fae. "Chop this up for me, then add it to the pot." Pinball motioned to the setting sun. "We don't really have much time for anything fancy, and I don't know what you guys like, so we're just going to make Chicken Noodle Soup. A simple classic.

While Fae worked on the carrot, Pinball busied himself with the other preperations, trying to ignore the sand that kept getting in his eyes while simultaneously shielding the food from it. As he worked, a thick black fog seeped out from under the tent, condensing into a swirling cloud, until it condensed even further into the form of his ghostly cat, Zomekko. The creature padded over to Fae, leaving splashes of evanescent shadow where its feet touched. 

@Hestia

Sand Damage: ID# 101213  CD: 8 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

I nod my head at that as i lean back into the sand and just looks up to the sky knowing that for myself i couldn't really help all that much. Recognizing that even if i do cook in my spare time within my kitchen that i don't really have all that much want of helping to chop things up when there is Pinball who is a actual cook in profession within game doing so. So for now i just relax and hum softly to myself a few little songs i remember back from the real world as i move my head back and forth to some part of the beat of the song. Eventually i can start smelling something rather nice as i grin a bit happily at that fact as i get back to siting straight up as i look over towards the soup that is being made. My familiar right by my side and his tail wagging ever so slightly in excitement at having something to eat also. I just chuckle at that and gives him a pat on his head as i then run my hand gently through his mane as he cuddles up against me as i do so.

Fae started to chop up the carrot on the cutting board as told by Pin, and slid the pieces into the pot each time she chopped one. Once she was done, Fae had chopped up the carrot into 15 almost even pieces. While she did so, Pin's cat Zomekko had decided to come close to Fae and she tried to pet the ghostly cat, but her hand just sort of just phased through it. Fae still didn't say anything about it, and just scooted away from Zomekko as she she watched the soup cook. The sandy winds seemed to have died down for the night, so that was nice. "Anything else you help with mister Pin? Fae can help if you want." Fae asked, scooting over closer to him. Fae then yawned again and just looked at Pin and Hestia back and forth. Fae started to nod off into sleep a little bit, but she kept herself awake, at least until they would actually eat she would stay awake.

ID: 101271 CD: 9 (No Damage)

@Pinball

Edited by Fae

Pinball had just finished adding the rest of the ingredients to the pot, stifling a yawn as he worked. "No, it's fine, Fae," he said, putting the lid onto the top of the pot. The flames licked at the bottom of the metal, and the blackened wood supports groaned in protest at the weight of the thing. He sat back, tapped a few buttons on the pot's interface, and finally let out his yawn. "And now we wait," he said. His sentence was promply ended with a ding! "And now we're done." Pinball sat back up on his knees, lifting the lid. The smell of it hit him first. Surprisingly enough, it didn't smell bad at all. In fact, it almost made his mouth water. He took a soup spoon, and tried the meal. Passable, Pinball thought grumpily. It truth, it tasted quite good, it was just that the young man's standards were really high when it came to his profession; probably the only thing he held real standards for. Pinball put the spoon aside, lifted the pot with his mitts, and looked to the others. "We eating in here or in the tent?

Sand Damage: ID# 101756  CD: 12 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

Lets eat out here it shouldn't get too bad the storm hasn't picked up at all for a long while, so it should be totally fine without anything bad happening. if it does you can take my portion of the food if need be as compensation for the bad winds if it does occur while we eat. I say with a nod of my head towards both Fae, and Pinball as i look towards the two of them. Well with that i think we're good to eat out here what do you two think? I say in a rather cheerful tone of voice as i wait for Pinball to set down the food to enjoy for a rather nice dinner. Thinking that i might as well enjoy it to the fullest extent possible that i can get. Since i can never be entirely sure if this will be my last meal since PKers could appear anywhere even the lower floors to give hassle to just innocent players not wanting to deal with anybody. I frown slightly remembering how supposedly some thugs appeared on this floor according to a friend as i nod towards my familiar and moves my head back. Kuro nods and quickly takes flight to do a perimeter scan for any enemies.

@Fae@Pinball

• 4 weeks later...

As the pot grew heavy in his hands, Hestia announced that they would eat out in the open. Stifling a deep frown, Pinball set the pot back onto the sand, and tugged at the oven mitts on his hands. "Alrighty then," Pinball said, flinging one mitt across the dunes. "I'll distribute it at first. After that, you guys can serve yourselves. I'm going to sleep soon." Pinball sat on his knees, directly in front of the pot of soup. Pinball pulled out 3 of the four wooden bowls in his cooking bundle, and lifted the pot's lid. Steam jumped into the air as he did, filling the camp with the inviting, if not nostalgic smell of chicken noodle soup. He took the soup spoon and began serving each one of them. He gave Fae what he thought was a good amount for someone her age: "If you want more, go ahead and take some." He felt he gave a little too much to Hestia, but shrugged. "Big tough tank needs big tough portions, yeah?" Pinball poured himself a hearty amount, then sat down with his legs crossed. "Hopefully it's edible.

Sand Damage: ID# 101757  CD: 12 (No Damage) 

@Hestia

Edited by Pinball

I watch the lid of the pot be opened fully and having the accompanied smell filling up the area around the spot where they were sitting down to begin enjoying there meal. I smell the wonderful smell of the food as i take the bowl that gets handed to me as i nod towards Pin. Thank you though a bit much. I say with a chuckle as i take the bowl carefully along with a spoon and begins to eat the food without any hesitation. I nod my head after taking a bit. Don't worry Pin it is entirely edible and wonderful to boot. I say kindly towards the black haired spear user as i then continue to eat the wonderful food that has been served and prepared for the group to eat. Sharing some of my portion of the food with my familiar enjoying it happily. There you go Kuro eat up also. I say affectionately to my familiar, and once the both of us had finished our food i would nod my head towards Pin as i get up and heads towards my tent. Thank you for the food Pin! i will make sure to pay you back somehow in the future. I say kindly as i enter the tent where i will reside and gets heading towards sleep.

As their dinner came to a conclusion, Pinball began packing up his supplies. There was plenty of soup left, so he just put the lid on the container and deposited it in his inventory as it was. He collected all of the remaining supplies; both used and unused utensils were put away as they were, be them washed or unwashed. I'll just take care of whatever mess there is to deal with later. When he had finished his cleaning, Pinball pulled his cloak off of the ground, which he had been using as a resting place for all of his supplies. He lifted it up the the fading sun, shook off a bit of sand that had snagged onto the fabric, and pulled it around his shoulders. He shivered as the black cloak enveloped his figure, taking comfort in the feeling of safety it gave him. He, too, entered the tent. "I'll sleep in a corner," he announced. Having no sleeping bag, and not really wanting one, Pinball got settled on the sand in his little corner. He sat directly to the left of the entrance. Pinball pulled his hood deep over his face, put an arm under his head, and closed his eyes. 

Sand Damage: ID# 101758  CD: 12 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

I fall asleep peacefully within the tent alongside my familiar as i am snuggled up against the soft furred creature. Myself wearing a simple black shirt that is bigger then what i should wearing so it covers some of my legs also, and wearing black and red shorts underneath that are hidden by the shirt. My head being rested against my familiar who drapes his right wing over me for some cover. Thus the rest of the night goes over peacefully for the group of players with nothing horrendously bad happening. The next day arrives with the sun rising over the desert ever so slowly. As i wake up around 7 AM with a soft groan at having to do so. I slowly sit up within my spot and shakes my lion softly. Come on..come on Kuro get up...we have a day to get through. I say softly to him in a tired tone of voice. Each pause being met with me shaking my familiar a few times, and only getting soft huffs of annoyance in response. Hmph fine, but don't be surprised if you suddenly land in sand. I say to him as i get up onto my feet stumbling back a few steps when getting my balance as i turn towards the tent's entrance and opens it up with another noise of annoyance as i cover my eyes slightly from the sun to have them adjust from the dark. I then look in the direction of the main settlement while leaving the tent open to wake up Pin.

Pinball usually had problems when it came to waking up. He was more often than not the last one to pull himself out of bed, and he constantly took naps throughout the day. Only on rare occasions would he get up willingly, and getting up at an early hour was even rarer. Today, however, was an exception. He woke as soon as he heard Hestia rise, and he too sat up, flipping the hood off of his head. His normally messy hair looked abysmal with the inevitable bedhead. His eyes were still half-closed as he let out a huge yawn, running his hand through his hair. Pinball pushed himself to the floor, allowing himself a dramatic lean and stagger to the left. So tired. Pinball looked around, hooked Zomekko's jar back to his belt, and exited the tent. "Morning, Hestia," he murmured. He glanced about the surrounding dunes. The temperature was still cool, but it wouldn't be long before it started to rise again. "We should head out soon. That thing shouldn't be too far from here."

Sand Damage: ID#101759 CD: 5 (No Damage)

Edited by Pinball

Morning Pinball. I say with a wave of my hand as i see you exit the tent as i then grab the tent and puts it back into my inventory having my familiar right by my side as i do all of this as i glance towards the sky. Seeing that the sun is just starting to rise up above the horizon as i look towards Pin. Well we already actually grabbed the cargo now it is a matter of getting back towards the main settlement to turn in this quest for you and Fae to get the reward for it. I say towards the spear user as i then gesture in the direction of the settlement from where we are standing. Well lets get going no time to waste just standing around really. The more we stand the more we get to be tortured by the unbearable sun beating down upon us. I say as i then quickly make my way towards the main settlement wearing just a light grey shirt, and blue shorts as i try to get towards the main settlement as fast as possible.

Pinball nodded, a bit surprised they had gotten out of the quest so easily. "Oh," he nodded, "yeah. Let's get going then." Pinball quickly packed what things he had left out the night before, and stood, leaning on his spear for support. Pinball gave his spear a shake, stared at the weapon, and then planted it in the ground (his right hand still firmly latched on to it, thanks to the Curse). With his free hand, he opened up his menu. In an instant, his spear was gone in a flash. He savored the few moments he had away from it, then equipped a Vanity weapon. It was a Quarterstaff, plain and simple. The smooth wooden weapon resembled a 2H Assault Spear in appearance, minus the actual spearhead. With another flick of his wrists, his cloak was gone, replaced by his Accuracy trinket, his Evasion armor, and his Gleaming Fish Scale. He hurried and caught up to Hestia. "I might want to kill a monster or two on our way back. If we see any.

Sand Damage: ID#101775  CD: 10 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

I grin at seeing Pinball switch to a more loot idea as i just nod my head in understanding as i gaze towards the spear user. Well if we do run into any kind of monsters or any chests on the way back i'll make sure to total up any loot we get then split it 25, 75 between the two of us. With yourself getting more of the cut then me. With the reason being since i don't really need any loot that we would get from these quests. I can go to higher floors and farm mobs with just my gear and come out on top with no problem whatsoever. I say with a small chuckle as i rub the back of my head as i walk alongside you through the desert of the fifth floor. Keeping a steady and relaxed pace since there really isn't any too big of a time risk for the two players, and if there was the town could be one teleport crystal away to get back there immediately. My familiar already flying ahead towards the main settlement to get there and out of the heat.

Pinball stopped to think for a second, but kept walking. "Y'know, on seccond thought," he said, unequipping the weapon and Gleaming Scale, "I don't think we'll find many mobs on our level on this floor. And with Fae here, I don't want to try our luck fishing. My luck, mostly." Pinball equipped his regular spear, which immediately cooled the scorching desert heat near Pinball's face. Then, with a flick of his wrist, his cloak was in his hand; with a fluorish, Pinball twirled the cloak onto his back, pulling the hood up - all done with his free hand. "We'd be better off searching for a chest, I think." Pinball glanced about. "I don't know if we'll find anything around here though. And if we do..." Pinball thought back to the quests he had taken with Shield. "You don't happen to have any chest keys with you, do you?" Pinball turned his attention back to the sprawling, barren landscape. "I'll run ahead and see if I find anything." Pinball took off in a jog, his light armor not slowing him down by any means. In an instant, he was over a dune. "Be right back!

@Hestia

(Looking for a chest my next post) 

Sand Damage: ID# 101922 CD: 10 (No Damage) 

Edited by Pinball

I nod my head in understanding as i look towards Pinball as i gesture with my hand for him to continue moving forward. Come on Pin we said get closer towards the main settlement if we're not going to fight some monsters. I say towards the scorpion fighter as i start moving ever so slightly faster through the sands of the fifth floor rather excited to just get back to the settlement. Hating the whole floor even if the heat doesn't affect me as much because of having survival, but having to just deal with the sand and the affects of having it being rather to much. I then shake my head no towards Pinball when he asks his question. No pinball i don't have any chest keys that is a bit too rich for my blood in terms of having the ability to get them in bulk...wellll not too rich since i could easily grind up monsters to pay for the cost, but it is annoying to try to balance such things out to get a profitable outcome in the very end. I say towards the scorpion fighter before he heads off in front of the group of free to do some scouting.

Pinball rushed ahead, keeping an eye peeled for any sign of a gleaming treasure chest. He didn't have especially good luck, as his history with these types of these things would agree. Still, he kept hope... at least, he tried to keep a little. Pinball paused when he got to higher ground, still quite close to Hestia, and scanned his surroundings. He squinted his eyes. The wind was picking up, and with it came the blistering hot sand, obscuring his vision. He ran ahead and caught up with Hestia, shaking his head. "Yeah, no," he said. "My luck is horrible. I don't think we're going to find much in a barren place like this anyways." He shrugged, a bit disappointed. "Still, yeah. Town should be just up ahead." He smiled. "God, I hope that quest was really worth it. We had to spend the night out there." Pinball matched his pace with the group's. 

Rolling for Sand Damage: ID# 101920 CD: 5 (No Damage)
Searching for Treasure Chest: ID# 101921 LD: 6+3= 9 (Nothing Found) 

Edited by Pinball

I make my way through the desert keeping my hands within the pockets of the shorts that i am wearing. I glance about the area expecting a mob to pop up and try to attack the group if they viewed themselves as an easy target to try and take out. Eventually i see Pinball come back towards the duo of players and gives a smile at that being glad that he didn't get ambushed by some player killers or rather aggressive mobs. Well you would be surprised what you can find in the strangest of places Pinball. Though yeah lets hurry up back towards the main settlement so we can turn in this quest. I say with a nod of my head as i continue speed walking towards the direction of the main settlement alongside the scorpion fighter and Fae. I then chuckle softly at hearing Pinball's comment. Well it depends on what you view as worth it. Survival is able to help you out a lot possibly in some quests or situations where you need a quick amount of healing.

While he was disappointed with himself for not being able to find a treasure chest, he was excited at the prospect of finally making his way home. Well, back to his shop, rather. I don't actually have a proper house, he reminded himself. I don't feel like many people do, actually. It seemed to people that most players slept in inns, or, like Pinball, if they had a shop, they'd sleep in that. People he'd met with houses tended to be on the richer, higher leveled side, even though he knew for a fact that houses existed all over Aincrad. He was just about to bring up this curious observation to Hestia, when he spotted something in the distance. Pinball took two quick steps forward, squinting. He then broke into a grin. "Hey! Look, it's the town. Just up ahead." Pinball walked backwards, pointing with his thumb. "What an adventure, huh? Eating chicken noodle soup and finding a supply cache. Absolutely riveting stuff.

Sand Damage: ID#101949  CD: 4 (No Damage) 

~SUMMARY~ 

Spoiler

Fae Receives: 

• Survival (Extra Skill) 
  • 4 SP 
  • 400 Col 

Pinball Receives: 

• Survival (Extra Skill) 
  • 4 SP 
  • 400 Col 

Hestia Receives: 

• 3 SP