[OP-F1] Celebration Time

Novafire once again had took up all the trouble of making a event that others could join, its been a while since she last did this. This time it was a party, well sorta, more like social hour with coffee and music , and maybe dancing. But that means new people and new friends. Nova liked the idea of meeting new people. She figured the more people she met, the more lives she could change for the better. She was happy, she got exited, she couldn't wait. She posted invites everywhere, and I really mean everywhere. Nova looked around at the room, it was a ball room she got access to via lots of owed favors. But only for the night. It was currently 8:00 PM. The party should end around 1:00 PM. The invites read such:

Spoiler

TO: Whom may concern

Hey! Its me! Novafire! Some of you remember me, some don't, I'm fine with that. Anyway, I'm hosting this really cool party, and I think you should come, unless of course you want to crash it. Please stop in, have a coffee, socialize, and most importantly, have fun! Please try to wear something nice!

FROM: Novafire

Large Ballroom That Nova rented out.

Above is the ballroom she got access to. Enjoy the party guys! Hope to see you there!

Edited by Novafire
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epsilon was wandering the first floor when she saw a message on a towns bulletin board. It read:

Spoiler

Hey! Its me! Novafire! Some of you remember me, some don't, I'm fine with that. Anyway, I'm hosting this really cool party, and I think you should come, unless of course you want to crash it. Please stop in, have a coffee, socialize, and most importantly, have fun!

"Interesting, I've always wanted to go to an event like this. Now is my chance." Lindsey said with a hint of excitement in her voice. She began venturing toward the area it said they were supposed to meet at, it was a large building barely inside a safe zone. She curiously entered. They were long, decorative halls that lead to a large ball room, of course there was a bathroom and a smoking room, what kind of fancy rent-a-mansion doesn't have one of those? Lindsey entered the large ball room wearing her battle dress, mainly because she had no other clothes. "Greetings, I'm Epsilon, my friends call me Lindsey..." She said smiling. "Are you the one that sent the invite to meet here and socialize? It looks so, royal..." Lindsey said, astounded.

Grimm found an invite to a party, well, more or less a celebration. The point is that it's been awhile since he last was at one. The message was:

Spoiler

Hey! Its me! Novafire! Some of you remember me, some don't, I'm fine with that. Anyway, I'm hosting this really cool party, and I think you should come, unless of course you want to crash it. Please stop in, have a coffee, socialize, and most importantly, have fun!

“It sounds formal enough…” Grimm said. “...I think I have just the outfit too.” He began wandering the town, he found a large mansion, similar in size to the one he was used to living in. He entered the building, and followed the signs to the ballroom. However he changed direction, specifically to change his outfit in the restroom. He locked the door behind him, he didn’t want any walk-ins, now would he?

Nova was waiting patiently on a bench, looking at the food bar to her right when she heard something. It sounded like light footsteps. After hearing this, she got a little excited and was difficult not to show it. She smiled as a girl, who looked a little older then her, walked in. She had some cool looking eyes too, they almost looked, golden. 

21 hours ago, Epsilon said:

"Greetings, I'm Epsilon, my friends call me Lindsey..." She said smiling. "Are you the one that sent the invite to meet here and socialize? It looks so, royal..."

Hi Lindsey! I'm Novafire, my friends call me Nova. It's so nice to meet you! Nova replied happily. Yes, I'm the one hosting this event. Oh, this isn't my place, someone owed me some favors. OK, a lot of favors. But at least I get to do something good for the players of this game. She said with a hint of excitement in her voice, and a big smile on her face. She looked towards where Epsilon came in. Did you see anyone else come in behind you? Nova asked curiously, hoping that she gets to meet as many new people as possible.

Krysta was in a good mood, and had high hopes for the night. She walked along, and she was also singing.

"The valley green was so serene,

in the middle ran a stream so blue...

A maiden fair, in despair, once had met her true love there and she told him...

She would say... 'Promise me, when you see, a white rose you'll think of me.

'I love you so, never let go, I will be your ghost of a rose...'"

She soon found something on the bulletin board. It read thus:

Hey! Its me! Novafire! Some of you remember me, some don't, I'm fine with that. Anyway, I'm hosting this really cool party, and I think you should come, unless of course you want to crash it. Please stop in, have a coffee, socialize, and most importantly, have fun! Please try to wear something nice!

On that note, she checked her inventory for something she could wear, and just her luck, for she remembered the nice dress she'd sewn. She found a place where she could change into the dress, and it was off to the event. When she arrived, she was taken aback from how regal it seemed, and the fact that it was practically empty. It seemed that she was one of the first guests. "Wow..."

@Novafire

Krysta's Dress:

Spoiler

5ad6b99db35d9_WhiteDress.thumb.jpg.6c994500a470680fe4af400da1c5bfe1.jpg

Ben held up the invitation, checking it against the building he was in front of.  It looked to be the right place, though it was a lot nicer than he had expected.  Honestly, after the last event got so out of hand, he kind of expected something to go wrong with this one too.  Maybe even be on fire by the time he got there. 

But it looked like Nova had done well setting this event up.  Ben glanced down at the suit he wore, the same one from the valentine's day dance, and hoped that it would be good enough.  He walked up to the front door and looked around at what was happening. 

Hi there everyone... he said as he walked inside.  Of course there was Nova, making friends with a girl he hadn't seen before.  And there was Krysta- the one who started the fight with Dazia last time.  Ben put on his best smile as he headed over to Nova.  Hey Nova.  Looks like things are starting up tonight.  Um, sorry if I'm interrupting, he said hesitantly to the girl he didn't know.  I'm Ben.  I do mostly potions and stuff...

Macaroon had been putzing about the first floor when she noticed something new on the bulletin board. 'Oooh, a party,' she thought. 'Sounds like it could be fun.' It was a welcome break from the monotony of questing. She didn't really have any special outfits to wear, but she figured her normal clothes would do. She fussed with the menu for a few moments while she unequipped her armor and weapon. 'It wouldn't do to show up to a party armed,' she mused to herself and set off towards the destination.

Mack gasped when she saw the outside of the venue, impressed at it's size and demeanor. She followed the directions of the house servants, NPCs presumably, and made her way to the ballroom. If the outside was impressive, the inside was even more so, and it took her a moment to absorb her surroundings. She was definitely underdressed. "At least I'm not the first one here," she whispered under her breath and she waved shyly to those who had already gathered.

Arabelle needed a break. From questing, from doing errands for another player in exchange for Col, and from playing the piano in her shop. But don't get her wrong. She loved playing the piano. But practicing songs for three hours straight--now that was really tiring. She briefly contemplated sending one of her friends a message and had scrolled past a few names when she noticed an invitation pinned to the bulletin board next to her. A party invitation. How interesting. The short-statured girl stepped closer to the board, reading through the contents of the invitation. It seemed that a player had been nice enough to organize a party for everyone, to lift the depressing atmosphere that had been floating over Aincrad for the past few days. She took only a moment to decide before marking the place on her map and leaving the invite pinned on the bulletin board in case a few other players wanted to join.

Maybe half an hour (and a few wrong turns) later, Arabelle stared at the party's supposed venue. If she weren't so conscious about how she looked on the outside, she would've worn an incredulous look on her face. This was the venue? She had expected a smaller-sized party. And renting ballrooms just for a few hours cost lots of Col, didn't it? "What a nice player," Arabelle commented, her voice only heard by the crow perched on her shoulder. The crow nuzzled its head against her cheek in response. Arabelle continued talking. "You wouldn't scare them away, would you, Moondust? Ah, on a second thought, I guess I look a bit too shady for the event now. Dressed in all black with a crow familiar." She smoothed the folds of her short long-sleeved black dress and gently patted her familiar's head. 

Having spent too much time lingering outside the venue, Arabelle composed herself and made her way into the ballroom. She was one of the first guests to arrive, and the venue seemed to look even bigger on the inside. She took her surroundings in for a moment, staring in awe at the huge chandelier, and approached the small group of players that was already forming. "Hello~" she greeted with a friendly smile. "I'm Arabelle." Then, addressing the blonde-haired girl (@Novafire), the one she supposed was the host of the party, "Are you the host? Lovely party you have here. I wasn't even aware there as a place as grand as this in Aincrad..."

Grimm was done changing, he switched to his outfit 'Royal Attire'. He headed straight for the ballroom, noticing he was not the first on here, as a matter of fact, HE WAS THE ONLY GUY, well beside someone who was wearing black and cyan clothes with glasses (@Benjamin Bookworm). "Uh-huh... Well, this should be interesting." He said walking into the room. "I got your invitation, had to say though, its not bad. Lovely actually. The names' Sebastian Grimm." He looked around the room at everyone else. "I'm not late, am I? Great. Hey, your our hostess, correct?" Grimm said asking the blonde girl everyone was surrounding. "I really have to ask, how did you afford this kinda place, I mean, Its a mansion. Not even I could afford it." He continued. After getting an answer, he went over to a bench and sat down, opened his menu, then began adding to his daily log, or in-game journal, if you would. Despite being taught fluent in English, his German accent was hard to shake. He closed his menu and began looking around the well constructed room.

(OOC: Below is the appearance of Grimm in his outfit, 'Royal Attire'.

Spoiler

a50e1039d2eb962f7b8ddf67278b4030.thumb.jpg.bd3067b0b6e2eab79d5515c013aa72e7.jpg

Edited by Grimm

Parties weren't really Reinholt's thing, but it was a chance to meet some other players, maybe make some contacts for future quest parties. Plus he was taking a day off of the grind, so why not attempt to socialize a bit? He had unequipped his armor and instead wore a red and Gold sleeveless surcoat with the Shield-Wolf emblem emblazzioned on it. Under the surcost he wore a plain white, long sleeved shirt, black pants and boots. Granted, his armor was just a few menus away in his inventory, just in case. He did have his sword Darukai sheathed on his left hip, as he felt naked without a weapon. He enters the party, taking the faces of everyone in, and walks toward the bar. There were other players there already in conversation so he ordered a water to drink and walked around, sipping his drink and offering a friendly smile to those around him.

Vigilon was sitting on a bench, bored and still very much awake. He couldn't exactly say the same for his familiar, Veriost, who was sound asleep on his shoulder. He soon heard a familiar, enchanting voice pass by him.

"'Promise me, when you see, a white rose you'll think of me. I love you so, never let go, I will be your ghost of a rose...'"

Only one voice he knew could sing like that. "...Jewel?" He got up, and headed towards the voice. However, he lost hearing of that beautiful voice. Krysta either was now too far away to be heard, or had stopped singing. Either way, he was then unable to find her. He walked over to the bulletin board. "*sigh*, Well, let's see what players are up to tonight." He then saw an invitation that read thus:

"Huh. So Nova's planning a party? Sounds good, it would be nice to have another chance to relax from all the stress from training. Heh, it's a good thing I picked up some regal-ish, cool apparel from Taft." He found a place where he could change into the apparel, and unequip his battle gear. Once he arrived, he was a little shocked. "Whoa...a place so regal, here in the Town of Beginnings...If I didn't know any better, I'd swear I was in Taft or something..." He began looking for the hostess, Nova, when he managed to spot Krysta among the guests. He walked over to her. "Jewel...you look beautiful, amazing, really..."

@Krysta @Novafire

Vigilon's apparel:

Spoiler

5ad7a597e864b_RegalAttire.png.c67c99e17b4c6f6f77ecbfba5febf477.pngBasically this, except what is blue is actually red, and what is yellow is actually silver(In color, of course).

Nova was surprised on how many people showed up, and in such little time too. She recognized two of the people that came in. Ben, Krysta, and Vigilon. @Krysta, @Vigilon, how nice to see you both again! Hope you have fun! I hear you a couple now, Is that true?” Nova said, sounding energetic and curious as ever, she also shook Krysta’s hand. Next she greeted @Benjamin Bookworm“Ben! I haven’t heard from you in a while. How have you been?” She asked politely. She then greeted the other guests that walked in. “Hello, Welcome! I’m Novafire, your hostess. In case anyone gets hungry, we have a food bar. It's not mine, someone just owed me a few favors, so, eat away!” She said playfully. “For entertainment, we have multiple options. Such as my top two. Socializing and my personal favorite, karaoke!” She said happily, tilting her her with a smile. She looked around to see the other new guests. There was four new players she could meet. One was a girl with purple hair, who said her name was @Arabelle, the other was a guy with a expensive looking outfit who said his name was Sebastian @Grimm, the next was another girl with orange hair(@Macaroon) who didn't looked dressed for the occasion, but neither was Nova, then a girl with a strange dress and golden eyes who said her name was Lindsey(@Epsilon), and a buff looking man wearing a plain white long sleeve shirt (@Reinholt). The Arabelle walked up and greeted her, Nova then responded to Arabelle’s comment: “I didn’t either, I guess you just have to know where to look, also who to help. That works too.” Nova said enthusiastically. 

Epsilon listened to Nova's comments...

23 hours ago, Novafire said:

Hi Lindsey! I'm Novafire, my friends call me Nova. It's so nice to meet you! Nova replied happily. Yes, I'm the one hosting this event. Oh, this isn't my place, someone owed me some favors. OK, a lot of favors. But at least I get to do something good for the players of this game. She said with a hint of excitement in her voice, and a big smile on her face. She looked towards where Epsilon came in. Did you see anyone else come in behind you?

@Novafire

"Thanks Nova. It's nice to meet you too. Wait, what kind of favors lead to renting out a mansion? I understand, this is actually is a good Idea for this game, bringing people together, making friends, its smart. Sorry Nova, I didn't see anyone behind me." Another player that Introduced themselves as Ben came in right after Epsilon and Nova were done talking for the moment.

Um, sorry if I'm interrupting, he said hesitantly to the girl he didn't know.  I'm Ben.  I do mostly potions and stuff...

@Benjamin Bookworm 

Lindsey smiled in response. "Greetings Ben, In case you didn't already hear, I'm Epsilon, but my friends call me Lindsey. Nice to meet you." She held out a hand, as if requesting a handshake. "Potions and stuff?" Epsilon giggled. "Don't worry, I don't really do anything. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I am looking into alchemy. Its the only thing I'd be willing to do besides cooking, but of course a girl knowing how to make a great meal is a stereotype."  She laughed at her own joke. 

Epsilon is currently wearing this, its not a normal dress, its armored, but the armor is well camouflaged:

Spoiler

EPSLION.jpg.534e81c3cb40f9cfef06a07d36df1fcc.jpg

Edited by Epsilon

Macaroon quietly watched the new guests arrive, she usually wasn't very shy, but she also wasn't sure how to start a conversation in a situation like this. She hadn't been to a party since being stuck in the game, and that had been awhile. Mack watched as a man walked up to the bar and ordered himself a drink. 'Not a bad idea,' she thought to herself and made her way there as well. On her way over, she heard a girl, presumably the host mention something about karaoke. That made her wince, she had a terrible singing voice and didn't relish the thought of embarrassing herself.

"Just a black tea, please," she said sweetly to the bartender and waited patiently for her drink to arrive. It didn't take long, and she took a sip from the steaming cup after it arrived. She looked over at @Reinholt and smiled. "Hello there," she said softly and took another sip.

Ben smiled at Epsilon, glad to meet new people at these things.  Well, stereotypes don't really matter as much here- we have plenty of sneaky rogues in black and big swordsmen with heavy armor.  Plus I've seen plenty of men cooking as well- it's really good to have some of the buffs it can give.  Though I of course like alchemy better, it's all about what you're going to enjoy.  After all, you'll be doing it a lot if you want to make some good stuff. 

Nova seemed to be splitting her attention with a lot of different players, but Ben tried to keep her in the conversation as much as he could.  Yea, I've been doing all right.  Gotten a few more levels, and some crafting done.  Mostly just trying to find more and more materials where I can, since that's what I'm always short of.  Leveling up has been tough, but once I can afford a better lab it will all be worth it.  I hope. 

Everything started when Yinangi spotted the invite on the bulletin board. Oh, here we go again... "Can we go? Please, can we go? Please?" "No." "Geez, what is it with you being so unsociable? It happens so often!" "I'm not antisocial, I'd just prefer to go places on my own accord, rather than be dragged all over Aincrad against my will." Now understanding what was going on, Yinangi had a few words to say. "So then...you think this is all my fault? It sure sounds like it, but I'm not sure... Why don't we forget all about this problem and the issues that come with it, and make the decision by rock paper scissors again?" "Fine, but do realize what you're getting yourself into..."

"And I thought you said rocks were overrated!" "But I had a feeling you'd try to outsmart me next time!" "Thats-...ugh, dagnabit, Yinangi..." They were at the local tailor shop again, looking for some fancy attire to wear. "Please don't tell me this is going to end up as a vicious circle or something..." Sure, she didn't mind going, it was just that the constant being dragged around...was starting to get old. Once they had picked out what they would wear to the event, they found a place to change before heading to the event. Eventually, they arrived, and when the two players looked around, both were actually in awe of the amazing ballroom. "This is actually amazing..." "So regal!"

Yinangi spotted one player in particular, looked over at Dazia...and started pushing Dazia towards this player. "Hnrrrrrggggghhh!!" "What the- Why are you pushing me towards Benjamin??" Yinangi continued to push Dazia towards Benjamin, and Dazia began to have some suspicion. "Alright, I'm gonna stop you right there. I'm actually getting suspicious of your intentions." The two players had what could easily be interpreted as a staring contest, and then Yinangi huffed and said, "Oh, fine, be a real killjoy. But do at least talk to him once." She walked off towards the bar in hopes of there being some chocolate milk or something. Dazia shook her head. She didn't know what Yinangi was thinking about, but she would get to the bottom of it. First, she would enjoy the party...that is, if she could. Talking to a familiar face or two did seem like a good idea, though. She walked over to Benjamin. "Hello, Benjamin."

@Benjamin Bookworm

Dazia's Dress:

Spoiler

5ad7f997cddb5_BlackDress.jpg.18e4d136a0f222b8f5d32e80b72e3b97.jpgSomething like this.

Yinangi's Dress:

Spoiler

5ad7f99f9f49a_BlackandWhiteDress.jpg.237ee7e23289c1dce2fbbcfd981d89e5.jpgSomething like this.

Pretty soon, the room started to fill with players, and she soon heard a familiar voice. She turned to see Vigilon, who had just complimented her on her appearance. "Aww, thank you, Alex... You look quite dashing in that getup, it's so regal, and a bit lordly, I might add." Yolviinsil poked her head out in the open to see if Veriost was around. Nova came to the two players, and said,

7 hours ago, Novafire said:

@Krysta, @Vigilon, how nice to see you both again! Hope you have fun! I hear you a couple now, Is that true?”

"Heehee, yes it is!" Krysta said as she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend and gave him a peck on the cheek. Yolviinsil then noticed Nova as well, but, of course, she had never known Nova, so she retreated and pulled her head back down, and hid on Krysta's back. Krysta giggled. "Aww, I'm sure you're fine, Yolviinsil, there's no need to be shy, Nova is a very nice person!" Yolvinsil slowly poked her head above Krysta's shoulder, looking at Nova shyly. Nova greeted the players coming in, and spoke of what was available to do.

@Novafire

Only a few moments had passed, and it looked like the party was going off to a good start. Arabelle turned her head to glance at the players filing into the room, most of them arriving alone. Among them was a good-looking guy dressed like a prince, two girls who had definitely dressed for the occasion, and...a familiar face. Arabelle gave Vigilon a friendly wave as he approached, though his attention seemed to be on a pretty blonde-haired girl wearing a white dress. The girl giggled and kissed him on his cheek as he complimented her and Arabelle would give Vigilon a knowing smile as his gaze would inevitably land on her.  Never knew Vigilon even had a girlfriend

Arabelle turned back to the girl hosting the party--she'd introduced herself as Novafire, but Arabelle decided she was going to call her Nova--as she gave a warm welcome to the players who had just arrived. She glanced at the karaoke as Nova mentioned it, but quickly looked away. She didn't want anyone to mistakenly think she was interested in singing. Oh, heck no. Anything but that. "Wow..." Arabelle was about to say something else but was interrupted when her crow familiar suddenly let out a loud squawk and took flight. "Wha--Moondust!" she exclaimed in surprise, drawing the attention of a few players. The crow was usually very behaved and followed her orders unless--she looked over her shoulder and noticed a small dragon familiar hiding behind Vigilon's girlfriend's back. Oh. Arabelle looked up in dismay and spotted Moondust perched on the large golden chandelier hanging above the room. She turned back to Nova, her face red with embarrassment. "I'm sorry about that. Moondust isn't very good with..." she averted her gaze, face turning even redder. "Other familiars. Not other players. Just familiars. I have no idea why either." She looked back up at the chandelier. "He won't hurt anyone, but he'd probably stay there for a while."

[ooc: tags aren't working for some reason. sorry about that, guys!]

Reinholt had taken note of the other players. The only one that looked vaguely familiar was the blacksmith from the 7th floor, the one who made the sword that was on his hip. @Vigilon was it? He thinks to himself as he makes it back toward the bar. There were more people here than He though would show, but this was good for people. To socialize and just have fun, made the death game bearable to the players stuck there. Another player approached the bar and ordered a black tea.  After a moment she turns to him and says hello. He offers @Macaroon a smile and tips his glass toward her. "Good evening, Miss." He says in a friendly tone. He sits his glass down on the bar and his left hand rests on the hilt of his sword. Just touching it his could feel the electricity surge through it. He was the only one with a weapon that he saw, but he didn't care.

Macaroon audibly gasped as she heard a loud piercing squawk, and she turned, tense and ready to face some surprise opponent. It didn't even occur to her how useless she might be without her weapon or armor. She watched as a crow, someone's familiar she now assumed, flew up to a large chandelier and perched there, feathers bristled. She giggled at her own aggressive reaction, noting how very silly it was to get so worked up in the safe zone, and turned back to her tea, taking another long sip as @Reinholt returned her greeting.

Mack thought he had seemed a little intense at first, but he sounded friendly enough now. She set her cup down and held out a hand towards the man as if expecting a handshake, "It's nice to meet you, you can call me Macaroon!" She gave him another friendly smile and awaited his own introduction.