[OP-F1] Celebration Time

Sebastian continued monitoring the room eavesdropping on conversations that he might be interested in. He got a glass of wine from the food bar, there was all sorts of foods and drinks displayed throughout the dining table. He walked past Nova when she mentioned Karaoke. “I doubt anyone would sing Nova, they have to be drunk when they sing, and unfortunately, this game doesn’t allow that so... *Holds up his wine glass* Cheers! There actually might be another solution though. Like, if there was a prize, people might be interested. I mean, I would.” Sebastian said, back turned on Nova, walking away back towards the hallway, where he would get a perfect view of the room. There he could hold it in his memory. That was when he heard a loud bird ‘SQUAWK’. He turned around to see a crow fly to the ceiling, and land on the golden chandelier. “Um... “ He said to himself in confusion on how a bird managed to get in. He walked almost directly under the chandelier looking up at the bird. “Hey, anyone know who’s bird this is?” He said watching it closely. It seemed to be staring down a small dragon on one of the guests backs, he thought two things to himself. Who brings a dragon to a occasion like this? And… Holy s*** a dragon?! Where can I get one!

@Arabelle @Novafire

Edited by Grimm
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben caught his breath in his throat when he saw Dazia coming his way.  She had gone all out making herself look good for the dance- or at least Yinangi had pressured her into doing so.  He quickly shoved the daggers he had stashed in his belt into his inventory, trying to make himself look a bit more presentable... and hoping she didn't notice that he just re-equipped the same suit he had from the last party.  Dazia?  Oh, I hadn't realized that you were going to be here as well.  It's good to see you again.  It's been... well longer than I wanted.  Sorry I haven't really stopped by, but I've been cooped up in my lab all week working on a huge potion order.  I think this is the first time I've been outside for a while. he said, rambling a bit as he composed himself.  Oh, and I haven't actually asked how you guys have been.  So Dazia, what have you been up to lately? 

@Dazia

Krysta thanked Vigilon for the compliment, and made her comment on Vigilon's attire. "Thanks, Jewel. Heh, lordly, eh? Hmm... "Lord Silver"... Ha, it has a nice ring to it, since it fits with the apparel at the moment, in my opinion. If this ends up sticking for any further formal events, would you be alright if I called you "Lady Verity"? ha ha..." Nova came up to the two players, greeted them, and asked if it was true that they were now a couple. Krysta said it was true, and wrapped her arms around Vigilon as she kissed him on the cheek, causing his cheeks to redden slightly. "Yeah, we're together."

He then noticed another familiar face. As Veriost would crawl out from under the shoulder of his attire's cape and climb up to Vigilon's head to look at her friend Yolviinsil, Vigilon remembered that the small white frost dragon was asleep earlier. "Ah, there you are, ya little stinker. Come on, you, we've got a lot of players to talk to...I think." When he was going to speak to the familiar face he'd noticed, the purple haired player Arabelle, he suddenly heard an abrupt, loud squawk, and a crow that was on her shoulder, probably a familiar, had taken flight and landed on the chandelier. Veriost spread her wings. "Hey now, don't you think about-" And the small white frost dragon would fly up to the chandelier in hopes of trying to see what the heck was going on with the bird. When Veriost reached the chandelier, she would softly growl as she stared at the crow. "Hey! Veriost! Get back down here! ....Veriost... Umm... Ah, that's right, it was that! Veriost! Warm up!" Usually, to calm something down, one would say something like "Calm down!", "Cool off!", or "Chill out!". Due to the fact that Veriost was a frost dragon, Vigilon decided to use a different term for her, simply because he could. Veriost looked down towards Vigilon, she looked towards the crow. Her expression could be interpreted as, "We'll settle this dispute later.". She flew down and landed on Vigilon's shoulder. "Grrrrrrmmmmmrrm...." "Easy now, Veriost, I'm not interested in getting my face blasted with winter air." Vigilon said as he held her maw closed with his hand. After half a minute, he looked back to Arabelle. "So, Arabelle, how have you been lately? I haven't seen you in a bit, and-" "Fo...Krah Diin!!!" "AGH!!! Cold, cold, cold!!!! Ohhh that's cold...right on the face, too..." Just one of those times where his familiar's shenanigans couldn't be stopped...

@Novafire @Krysta @Arabelle

Sebastian went exploring down the halls of the mansion. Looking through rooms, this place actually looked like a mansion, but something was off. There was no bedrooms. Which is strange. What he did find was, a ballroom, smoking room, library, two private studies of which the doors where locked, a formal dining room that had a feast ready, sun room, a sauna, a grand foyer which you entered the building through, a public study which was connected to the library, servants quarters, and a sitting room. That was only the first floor. Sebastian decided he was gonna try out the sauna later, assuming its public. But first a quick trip to the library to research some things of interest, for example, monsters, dungeons, bosses, and more. He had no Idea where to start, he chose to research alchemy. The book was called ‘Potions and Medicine.’ Which seemed to be fairly interesting in on itself. After reading a few pages he put the book down, and began wandering the library, with its vast array of books and novels. He found one about familiars. He was curious about this, he knew three of the guest of the house had one. He opened it, curious to see if he found something even the owners didn’t know. Something he learned from that book was the fact that familiars are highly complexed NPC’s. They can almost qualify as an AI if it wasn’t for the fact that it deletes access code after creating more, that is what keeps it from becoming sentient. “Fascinating… That is something you don’t learn every day…” He said, curiosity in his voice. The library was across the hall of the ballroom, he opened the door, looking over the ballroom across the hall. Looking at all the familiars. He then closed the door again and continued reading in a big comfortable chair.

@Krysta

Aww! Its so cute! Nova exclaimed. Does it like to be pet, or are dragons different from cats and dogs? Nova said playful. @Grimm walked past, telling her that no one was gonna sing unless they were tipsy, then he said that no one could get drunk in game, he held up his glass with a 'cheers' which she assumed was him saying 'I can drink all I want with no regrets!' She kinda giggled at that. Then he said something about people doing karaoke if there was a prize. She thought this was an excellent Idea! Great Idea Seb. Can I call you Seb? I feel like Sebastian is to long... She said lazily. Next thing she knew, @Arabelle's crow flew up to the chandelier and stayed put. Then Vigilion's dragon flew up there too. Nova looked at Arabelle as she turned red and stumbled for an apology. Don't worry, I doubt anything bad would happen, there is no need to apologize. Nova said with a happy and innocent smile. She watched Grimm leave the room. She watched him walked down the hall, and never be seen for a while when he walked into the library. Hey look, Seb is exploring the mansion. I don't even know where most of this place is, and I have the map! She said giggling. Would anyone want the tour? All I know is Jake, the mansion's owner, told us the upstairs was off limits. But the whole first floor is fair game... Nova said squinting, trying to be intimidating but failing.

(OOC: Oh, crap, were supposed to say what our character looked like, um, one sec. Here you are.)

Spoiler

7aea49979d724bfa6273ac171870ecec.thumb.jpg.dc4badd1024998d98fe534204db80014.jpg

This is essentially what she looks like for the night.

Edited by Novafire

Nova exclaimed over Yolviinsil's cuteness, and asked whether she liked to be petted, or if dragons were different from cats and dogs. "Well, they usually have their own distinct personalities and such, but the smaller ones usually tend to have personality traits similar to the animals we know in our world as well as some refined personality. It's a bit confusing at first, but it's possible to wrap your head around it. Yolviinsil is fine with attention, but she's usually a bit shy around new people, so you'll have to let her warm up to you first. Reaching your hand out to her slowly seems to do the trick often." Krysta turned to look at the small ruby red feathered dragon which was slowly climbing back up to her shoulder. "Heehee, it's alright, Yolviinsil, you can come out and meet the hostess!" Yolviinsil looked at Nova shyly. Veriost had flown up to the chandelier, following the purple haired girl's crow, and Vigilon essentially told her to calm down and come back down. When he would speak to the purple haired girl, who he addressed as Arabelle, Veriost blasted some freezing cold frost breath at his face. Krysta giggled. "Oh, Veriost, what ever brought you to do that?" Krysta turned to Nova. "Well, I'll just see if a certain trait of common animals is within that riled up frost dragon real quick..." Krysta pulled out a ribbon and a small bell from her inventory, and with the ribbon, she tied the bell onto Veriost's tail. Krysta was actually curious as to what the little white frost dragon would do about it.

Krysta was interested in singing once or twice, but she just didn't want to be the first or only one to sing. Karaoke was an option of something to do, but for now, she would speak with the players around, starting with this Arabelle girl. "Hello, Arabelle, was it? I'm Krysta, it's a pleasure to meet you."

@Novafire @Vigilon @Arabelle

Arabelle glanced up at the chandelier once again. Moondust was watching her intently but still didn't budge an inch. Well, she didn't want to cause another scene by attempting to lure her crow back to its usual perch on her shoulder, so she turned back to the group. The boy in formal wear (@Grimm) had also noticed the familiar and was now asking whose familiar it was. Arabelle didn't want to lie, so she flushed in embarrassment once again and squeaked, "Mine. His name is Moondust. He's not exactly the bravest of crows, but he's nice. to have around..I guess."  She finally found it in her to make eye contact despite her embarrassment and offered him a nervous smile. "Sebastian Grimm, right? It's a lovely name. Like something you'd see from a story set in the medieval age. Oh, and if you didn't hear me before, my player name's Arabelle! Would you mind if I called you Seb?"

From her right, she heard @Vigilon calling out to his familiar. Arabelle turned to him with a smirk. "Familiar problems, too?" she teased. That quickly came back at her as she noticed the player's little frost dragon was now making its way towards her crow familiar. "Aww, crap," Arabelle groaned. Moondust, for his part, looked absolutely terrified (well, as 'terrified' as a scary-looking crow could look, anyway). His feathers bristled and as Veriost neared, he spread his wings and let out an aggressive cawing noise, once again drawing the attention of the players in the room. Arabelle pressed her palm to her forehead and groaned. She was never bringing Moondust to a social event ever again. She watched Vigilon's familiar draw nearer and nearer, until Moondust let out another squawk and fled from his perch on the chandelier. It proceeded to fly around the room, wings flapping frantically and almost hitting a few players on the way until it found the exit and flew towards it, leaving the social event altogether. "I am never bringing Moondust to an event again," Arabelle complained to Vigilon, who was now wrestling with his own familiar. She didn't worry about finding her familiar later, it would come for her once she called its name (while holding birdseed, of course). She giggled at Veriost's antics and as the familiar blew frost at Vigilon's face, she began speaking in a calm tone, "I've been doing very well, Vigilon. As you've seen already, I went familiar searching with a really nice frontliner who might have the scariest familiar I've ever seen. It was this big three-headed dog that..." A playful smirk appeared on Arabelle's face as she continued telling her story while Vigilon struggled with his familiar in front of her. Once he finally got Veriost to calm down, she gave him a grin that only meant 'sorry, not sorry.' "But enough about me. How have you been? I suppose you've been getting lots of action lately~." She nodded not-so-subtly to Vigilon's pretty girlfriend. Nova had asked about Vigilon's relationship status earlier, so it was easy to tell that their relationship was still fresh.

Arabelle then turned to the party's host, @Novafire"Well, he's outside now, so I guess he won't cause any more trouble," Arabelle sighed. "Unless he decides to come back for food, which he kind of always does. Do you have a familiar, Nova?" It was kind of unlikely since most players brought familiars with them wherever they went, but she couldn't be sure. The blonde-haired girl then offered a tour of the mansion and Arabelle jumped at the opportunity. It wasn't every day she got into a mansion as grand as this! Even just standing in the ballroom made her feel like royalty... "I'd like to come along! Oooooh, and I think we should find Seb and make him join us, too!" Arabelle exclaimed, mirroring the girl's enthusiasm. Doing so reminded her of a certain girl with bright blonde hair who also had a personality as friendly and vibrant as Nova's. I wonder what'll happen if they meet? Or, wait, maybe they're actually twins?! It was kind of a reasonable assumption to make, since the two looked so similar.

She heard another voice addressing her, and she turned to see Vigilon's girlfriend--who had just introduced herself as @Krysta--smiling at her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, too!" Arabelle spoke with a friendly smile. "I think you must be the only one here whose familiar's well behaved," she commented with a giggle, watching the ruby-colored dragon. She was just about to bring up another topic when she remembered she had agreed to go on a tour of the mansion with Nova, so instead she said, "Oh, right. Nova and I are gonna explore the mansion! Do you and Vigilon want to come along?"

Edited by Arabelle

“Nova, if your gonna call me by my name, call me Grimm, its my last name. But I guess...” He said warily as if he was having second thoughts. “...you can call me Seb.” Sebastian said right before he left the room. Then the crow thing happened, the girl with the purple hair called it Moondust. “Nice, I don’t know many familiar owners.” She looked like she was trying to force a smile, she truly was embarrassed. “Yep thats my name. Full name Sebastian Phoenix Grimm. My last name sounds like that because I'm related to the writers of ‘Brother’s Grimm’. Nice to meet you Arabelle.” He said with a reassuring smile. Then he left the room altogether, reappearing in about ten minutes. After finishing up about familiars he re-entered the room. “You guys have no Idea what's in this place. There is a sauna, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I found some kinda dungeon. Wait, what I miss? Where is the Crow?”

Edited by Grimm

Reinholt takes her hand in his and politely inclines his head. "Nice to meet you, Macaroon." He pauses for a moment and slightly tilts his head. "Isn't that a cookie or something?" He says but winces slightly and rubs the back of his neck with his free hand. "Sorry, that was rude of me to ask." He offers her another smile and releases her hand. "I'm Reinholt. It is an honor." He says, finally realizing he hadn't introduced himself. He felt way out of place, social gatherings without swords and monsters were most definitely not his area of expertise. With a sigh he turns to the bar and orders another water. The bartender delivers a glass and Reinholt takes the glass in his hand and tips it toward Macaroon, feeling fairly awkward himself. He looks around the party. THere were many other players around, some even with their familiar's. He would really like to get one himself soon.

Spangie hesitantly entered the ballroom with her familiar. “It’s.. really crowded here,” she said nervously, her familiar giving a snort as a reply. “But!” She piped up, raising a finger, “We must socialize!” She giggled, slowly walking through the huge room. “It’s so big here..” she said happily, spinning around to get all the good looks. Ahem.. where’s the hostess again..? She looked around, her gaze locking into a certain female. “She looks like she knows what this is about..” she muttered lowly, striding over to @Novafire

Slowly, she poked the woman’s shoulder, “Ah, hello. You’re the one who sent the message to me right? It’s wonderful to be here,” she giggled and patted Agni’s head reassuringly. “Try to be nice to other people today, okay?” She whispered so that only her familiar could hear. “Try to make some friends hm?” She gave a wry chuckle as he snorted and whipped his head towards a small window. I tried.

Spoiler

What Spangie Is Wearing :0D69EFD4-BA38-4494-8A4C-0D088E1686FF.thumb.jpeg.e162c63ce106ff156333b9ca15c0bd8c.jpeg

Edited by Spangie

Dazia chuckled when Benjamin said he hadn't realized she was going to here as well. "Well, I was lightly considering it, Yinangi really wanted to go, so much more than I did...and the rest can be assumed..." It was true, Dazia may have been lightly interested in going, but she was ultimately dragged there whether she liked it or not. Benjamin apologized for not stopping by, but it wasn't like Dazia had a permanent place to stay, or even a shop that could have a single room of living space. "Well at least you have a shop that brings in col. I still haven't found a suitable place just yet. Of course, the time will eventually come where I won't have to worry about having to spend col every night just for staying the night at one of those inns... I haven't been up to very much lately, but I do hope to start training, and even try tackling a few quests, if possible. Other players are growing stronger every day, I better step up my game." Meanwhile, Yinangi was having a bit of confusion. Thus, she just walked aimlessly until she spotted two players, and she decided to talk to at least one of them. "Um, excuse me miss, but there's some confusion that I was hoping you might be able to clear up..."

@Benjamin Bookworm @Macaroon

Tsu hadn't really done much as far as parties went. The karaoke night had been a total flop, so Tsu went back to keeping to herself until she saw the notice for another player party. It was by Novafire, so figured it would have been a good idea to go. Most of the people from last time were nice, so Tsu had her hopes up for this party tonight, maybe she would end up staying for the whole thing. She had to wear something nice, so Tsu just wore the maid outfit she had planned to wear at the karaoke night. Once it was time, Tsu arrived at the party and recognized almost everyone there. First she walked by @Krysta and @Vigilon and waved. Both of them looked great, especially together. Tsu then walked up to @Dazia, Yinangi, and @Benjamin Bookworm. "Hi you guys, good to see you three again, rrrrrrribbit."

Edited by Froppy

Oh, I never really considered how much it would cost to stay at an inn all the time.  That's got to add up.  Ben shifted a bit before continuing, not sure if he should offer or not.  Um, well if you would like, you're welcome to crash at my place.  There's enough room for a few guests to come over, though I'm sure it's a complete mess...

He stopped as Tsu bounced her way over, losing his train of thought.  Oh, hey there Tsu.  Haven't seen you in a while either.  Um, actually maybe I should consider spending less time in my lab by the amount of times I've said that particular phrase tonight.  Maybe I should head to the coffee shop a bit more and actually talk to some players there.  Um, but being less sidetracked, how have things been going with you?  Still have everything running well at McFroppy's? 

@Froppy @Dazia

Arabelle said that she was never bringing her familiar to an event again. "Hey, it's not your fault. It's mine since I didn't do anything about Veriost flying upward other than tell her not to. Maybe I should just lightly grab her next time..." Arabelle asked him how he was doing, and supposing he had a lot of action going on lately. "Well, the most recent shenanigans I remember are...I helped Krysta get through a maze within the Forest of Wavering Mists to find a Pendant. During that trip, we had a run-in with some players after the same thing. There was a duel or two, but we eventually managed to get out with the pendant. I had an encounter with someone I knew from the real world. My frenemy, April Darren. I can't believe she's already at tier two...we...kind of started a rivalry. Other than that, I haven't been in many shenanigans other than the typical training, and helping players."

He noticed that Krysta had tied a bell to Veriost's tail, and smirked. Veriost heard a ringing sound, and her eyes widened. She turned her head to the right, as her tail moved to the left, causing another ring, and then vice versa. She suddenly took flight and flew all over the place, moving her tail constantly in hopes that it would help to get the bell off, but all it did was draw attention. Veroist struggled in the air for a bit, then she landed on the floor, rolled over so her back and wings were against the floor, and she moved her tail up in the air and towards her maw as she tried using her arms and maw to try and get the bell off. "Grarrnnnnrrnnrnrrnn!!!!" Vigilon was trying so hard not to laugh right now, but failing at it. Veriost managed to pull the bell of her tail using her maw, and then she threw it to the floor and let out a blast of frost breath at it. Then she flew over to Vigilon and dove under Vigilon's cape on his shoulder, poking her head out, looking embarrassed over the scene she'd caused trying to get the bell off. When Tsu waved at him and Krysta, he waved back with a smile.

While Vigilon was still speaking with Arabelle something was going on outside. Back at the bulletin board, a player had noticed the invite. "A party, hm? All this training is starting to take it's toll, so a chance to relax would be best... Renixx, are you with me on this?" "Absolutely." "Then we should head over to the local tailor shop and head over with all due haste. Come, Arulux." Shortly after that, they would seek out and find the manor where the event was taking place. The player was dressed in an exquisite golden dress, and her ally Renixx was wearing an azure blue suit. "You do want them to take notice of you, correct?" "Well...I guess it wouldn't hurt. Arulux, Grand Entrance." The familiar nodded his head. When the doors to the ballroom opened, the golden dragon that was slightly smaller than the size of a large dog took flight, cloaked himself in his golden yellow flames, and let out a majestic roar. Renixx would then announce his ally's arrival as she walked in. "May I present to you, Lady Auranika, Leader of the Angelic Brigade!" Arulux's flames diminished, he landed by Auranika's side, and remained near her.

Vigilon noticed Arulux's display. "That's Arulux, April's familiar...but that would mean..." Vigilon looked to Arabelle and Krysta, then he pointed to the girl wearing the gold dress who had just walked in as he said, "See her? That's April. Auranika is just her username." He turned to Nova, and said, "So...yeah...you said something about a tour of the manor, right? I'm interested." Vigilon wasn't necessarily concerned at the least about Auranika, but that didn't change the fact that he was trying to move on and change the subject.

@Krysta @Arabelle @Novafire

Spoiler

Auranika:

Spoiler

Auranika.jpg.54bb7a30ccec07cb69dbc6d3d7accdfe.jpg

Auranika's dress:

Spoiler

5adbdbd211641_GoldenDress(Idea1).jpg.f8250c4cf99633ebc35ea5ccbffb5e50.jpg

Arulux:

Spoiler

Arulux.jpg.217442c5454667425245c063ac1a4aa5.jpg

Renixx:

Spoiler

Renixx.jpg.b5c4ca31b37966afdd97f03413ff102a.jpg

Edited by Vigilon

Spangie sighed audibly as she slowly treaded to a place near a large window. The people I know look like they already know other people here. She shook her head and crossed her arms. Nah, I’m just getting paranoid. Her throat let out an amused chuckle as she softly scratched Agni’s head. “Why don’t you go socialize?” She giggled as her familiar snorted and looked the other way. “Aw. C’mon.. there’s plenty of familiars here!” She cooed, her eyes flickering from creature to creature in the ballroom. “See? Look at that crow over there on that purple haired.. girl..” she trailed off, her gaze locking into the familiar face. @ArabelleShe abruptly stood up, and walked slowly towards the familiar stature. 

“Ara?” Her hands cupped over her mouth, making it boom through the ball. Only a few meters away from the player, a grin formed on her face. “Heyyy! It’s my purple haired twin!” She giggled in a joking manner. Her hands behind her back, “Is this your familiar you were talking about?” She queried as she took a step closer to the crow. 

Pinball had horrible memories with things like this. The anxious teenager watched from afar as person after person entered the venue, but he sat, leaning against a building, watching. The last time he had tried to be social had been more than enough to entirely crush his spirit for weeks. He wasn't quite sure what compelled him to stand. Maybe he wanted a chance to enjoy himself with something like this - any other time he had tried, it had ended miserably. Maybe he wanted somebody to talk to. Maybe you just want attention. The boy gulped, and walked over. He was already wearing his most formal outfit; his bartender's "uniform", you could say. It was the same outfit he had worn to the Valentine's event, he knew, but Pinball wasn't going to spend money on something he barely ever wears. He stood in front of the doors for a moment, took a deep breath to steady his nerves, and pushed inside. 

The first thing he noticed was the amount of people. "Ohh, boy," he murmured, immediately overcome with a deep anxiety. The boy located the nearest corner, walking as quickly as he could without drawing too much attention to himself. The second thing he noticed, while he was walking, was the classiness of the place. Sure is fancy, he thought, glancing at the ceilings and walls and floors. Wonder how much it costs to rent a big ol' place like this? As soon as he reached his little panic corner, Pinball looked around, counting up the people he recognized. Benjamin, Vigilon, Spangie, Arabelle, Reinholt, Novafire... Froppy. Pinball immediately flinched despite himself. "Nope, nope," the boy said, spinning around to face the wall, only to realize there was only the one exit. Nobody noticed you, he thought, just slip out as soon as possible. Don't look rude and leave as soon as you came, though. The boy stood up straight, then, tapping his sides nervously, watching and listening, looking as awkward and uncomfortable as humanly possible. 

@Grimm eventually reappeared and told the group about the results of his little exploration. "I wouldn't be surprised if there was a dungeon here, either," Arabelle agreed. "Oh, is there also a library? What about secret passages? They're kind of a requirement for big mansions such as this, right?" He then asked about the crow, to which Arabelle laughed, "Vigilon's familiar scared him out of the ballroom. Moondust's outside right now, but I think--no, I'm sure--he's coming back for food." She glanced at one of the windows, and to prove her point, pointed at Moondust hovering outside, stuck between deciding whether it should stay outside and starve or come in and face the other players' familiars.

Arabelle turned to @Vigilon who totally missed the point of her joke. She wasn't sure whether it was a good thing or not, but at least he was telling her an interesting story. A frenemy? She couldn't ever understand those types of friendships...where two people somehow loved and hated each other at the same time. It would've been easier to understand if he said 'rival.' "You facing off against a Tier Two player, huh? That must've been really intense," she commented. Then, as if on cue, a loud voice announced the entrance of a 'Lady Auranika', a lovely woman wearing a golden dress with a golden dragon familiar at her side. Arabelle could only stare in awe, taking note of the sheer amount of confidence the woman seemed to emit. "Whoa... That's definitely one way to make an entrance."

She felt a light weight land on her shoulder and Arabelle reached up to stroke the feathers of her crow. "Knew you couldn't stay outside~," she giggled as she held up an open pouch of birdseed. Moondust greedily dug in. She heard a familiar voice calling her name and she looked up from her crow to see @Spangie making her way towards her. "Angie!" she exclaimed, delighted at the prospect of seeing her friend at a party. "You look so pretty in a dress. How have you been?" Moondust looked up from his food upon hearing Arabelle speak and his gaze zeroed in on the familiar trotting at Angie's side. The crow grabbed the pouch and was gone in a jiffy. "Moondust!" Arabelle groaned, looking out the open window the crow had escaped out of. "Geez, he's starting to learn." She turned to Angie and smiled sheepishly. "That's my crow familiar, Moondust. He's afraid of other familiars. Not players though. Just familiars. I have no idea why. And lately, he's been learning lots of new tricks." 

She glanced at the entrance, seeing more guests arrive at the event, all dressed in formal wear and ready to socialize. Her eyes narrowed upon spotting another familiar face. Wait. Is that...? Arabelle squinted. Yep. That was definitely @Pinball. Or maybe he secretly had a twin whose personality was the complete opposite of his. She watched him from the corner of her eye, and noticed that he had now camped out in the corner of the ballroom without speaking to anyone. That's no good. She noticed how his gaze seemed to flit from one person to another, stuck between deciding whether to talk to them or not. That's no good at all.

"I'll be back in a bit," Arabelle told the group. She strode towards the refreshments table and ordered two glasses of soda. Then, once the bartender had finished preparing her order, she took both glasses and walked over to Pinball. "Hey! Didn't expect to see you here, Pin," she greeted cheerfully, handing him the other glass. "Non-alcoholic. Sorry, I don't know if you're the right age or not. Anyways, how have you been?"

The player gave an excited thumbs up. “I’ve been really good lately!” She exclaimed, motioning herself to Agni. “I got myself a - ahem - a new familiar,” she paused, patting the fox’s head. Her body leaned forward to whisper into the violet haired girl’s ear. “He’s not the best at socializing but you get the gist of it,” She covered one side of her mouth with her right hand, earning a small growl from Agni. “Nothing! I said nothing!” She grinned at her familiar and stepped back. “Aw.. it’s okay,” she said, patting her friends back, “They’re like little kids,” she giggled. “He’s very pretty though,” she gave a thumbs up at that. “So!” She piped up, “You need to telll me all about on how you got him @Arabelle!”

The blonde was surprised to see an ‘old’ friend at the party, “Hi @Grimm!” She clapped her hands together and grinned. “It’s good to see you here! I didn’t know you went to formal balls,” she giggled, flicking him in the forehead. “Oh right! Have you met Agni? I haven’t introduced him to you yet,” she grinned, stepping out of the way and putting a hand on her familiars head. “Agni, this is Sebastion, Sebastion this is Agni. Be nice you two,” she chuckled, earning a blank stare from her familiar. “R-right then!” She sputtered, sweat dropping.

Spangie’s eyes wavered as Arabelle excuses herself from the group. “Okie dokie then,” her face still held her signature smile as she watched the violet haired go girl off and buy a few drink for her and @PinballAh, jeez. I haven’t seen him in a while.. maybe I should say hi? But he’s busy talking to Ara. She squinted at the two and shrugged. Ah, screw it. Can’t hurt to socialize every once in a while. At the finish of the thought, she quickly rushed over and poked Pinball on the arm. “Nice to see you again Pinball!” She grinned.

Sharr was walking around town when he noticed that he received a notification. He received a message from a player named Novafire. ‘Free coffee? I could use some of that.’ Sharr went to the location stated in the message. As he walked, he sent a message to his guild leader @Outlander 

Yo boss, I’ll be attending this party hosted by a player named Novafire, just wanted you to know that this could be a good place to meet alot of players, and people we can trust...

Sharr entered the room nervously, and slowly. He could see several familiar faces in the room but he did not dare try to grab their attention. ‘C*ap, I’m not even dressed for this party!’ He thought as he looked at his white off-shoulder tunic, shorts, and sandals. ‘Don’t stand out, don’t stand out.’ He thought as he tried to stealthily grab a bottle of wine from a table. ‘No coffee in sight, but wine is twice as good, now to find another full bottle then make my escape.’

Pinball didn't notice as @Arabelle approached with the drinks; he was too busy panicking. God. I thought she wouldn't come to something like this! Not after the last time. Then he realized that she had probably figured he wouldn't have come - which was perfectly fair. Maybe she's over it, he thought hopefully, glancing across the room at Froppy before quickly averting his eyes. "Hey! Didn't expect to see you here, Pin," a voice suddenly said. Pinball jumped, flinched, and practically hugged the wall now. It's Arabelle. Calm down. "Heyy," he said, accepting the drink silently. "What's up-," he said, eyes wide as he swirled the drink he was holding, "duuuude." He looked up at the purple-haired girl again. "Non-alcoholic. Sorry, I don't know if you're the right age or not. Anyways, how have you been?" Pinball shrugged, trying to loosen up. "I- I'm seventeen. It's fine, though, I've drank before," he said a bit more casually, sipping at the cup, referring to the time Hei had taken him to a bar after their gathering competition. "I'm doing fine. How... how have you been? Leveling? Or like. Something else." He stared at the drink in his cup more, before feeling a poke on his arm. 

He turned to see @Spangie, poking at his arm. "Oh, hey, Spangie," he said, his voice lightening up now that he had started to get over the introduction jitters. "Nice to see you again," he agreed. Pinball looked the blonde girl up and down, but didn't see any bird. "Uhh, where's your bird? Apricot?" He hadn't noticed the girl's fox yet, and looked very curious as to where her pet had gone. There was a glass jar tied to Pinball's waist, that seemingly contained an inky black fog that occasionally spilled over the sides, hitting the ground like raindrops of shadow before disappearing entirely. Every now and then the jar rattled. It was where he kept his own familiar, Zomekko, who seemingly hated the socialness of everyone around him.