[OP-F1] Celebration Time

Vigilon and Krysta were approached by Arabelle and Tsu. Arabelle suggested that Vigilon and Krysta sing a duet, a cute idea, but Vigilon seemed flustered, and even asked for his opinion. "Heehee, I actually think it would be a nice idea...I actually sang once, and he decided to join in." She was about to continue when Nova came and made the announcement that the Karaoke was about to start, and she called the players involved to the stage. She then announced who would be going first...and it was Krysta. Nova came to the players and wished them luck. Krysta breathed in, and breathed out. "I'll do my best..." She made a chuckle that trailed off after saying that. She managed to come up with a song that she had once heard. She had heard it various times, as her mother had sang it during Krysta's early childhood, and Krysta occasionally sang it herself from then on. She knew what she would sing. The Voice.

(OOC: This song should give away the singing style Krysta prefers. The voice singing the song is actually quite close to Krysta's.)

@Novafire @Vigilon @Spangie @Epsilon @Dazia @Pinball @Sharr @Froppy @Arabelle @Grimm

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimm stood in the back of the room by the time the announcements began, it was finally karaoke time, and Nova took his advice to make a prize for the winners. His friends used to say he was a good singer, he was tempted to join. He could use that Col… Well materials, but it wouldn’t take long to sell it, right? Just then one of the contestants started singing. “Auf geht's…” He muttered to himself in German. He walked up to the hostess, Novafire. “Pardon me Nova, I know it might be a little late for this, but… Is there still room in the karaoke competition?” Sebastian whispered trying not to distract the singer, his face calm and earnest. “I would like to… sing… If you find it convenient, please place me in.” He continued. He couldn’t believe he was gonna compete, well, as they say, everyone has their price. Grimm’s just so happened to be the bonus materials.
@Novafire

| OOC : Time to get this goofball in there! | 

Finding herself at the entrance of the hall, she grabbed a sigh. Why did I come here again? She muttered a curse and rubbed her head. I had to dress up, and actually look presentable. Agh, it’s too late now. I came here later than most people.. that’s not good. Picking on the hem of her dress, she stifled a groan. Definitly not worth wearing this. Agh, it feels weird.. she shook her head.

No point in waiting.. she entered the room with a hesitant face. So much people.. this is weird, this is weird. Feeling her palms get sweaty, she relieved it by shaking her hands vividly. Finding no one she knew, she leaned up against the wall with an irritated huff. Okay, now I really regret coming here. Why did I think this was a good idea? It’s too late to go back. It was not worth putting all this fancy stuff on, Eugh. Crossing her arms, she fidgeted with her fingers until she could think of a time to stop. 

Spoiler

The goofball’s dress. <3

6624F2B1-1122-401B-B1BD-9D7938B2E27C.thumb.jpeg.1ea68e621a3f89383364675601e7908b.jpeg

Nova finally had what she wanted the whole night, a contest. She almost squealed with delight when Krysta began singing. If there was such thing as a karaoke cheerleader, Nova would be it. She slowly moved to the back of the room, she like the way Krysta sang, it was so, peaceful. She was shortly interrupted by Sebastian. “Oh, hello Seb. Are you enjoying the party?” He then asked if he could join the competition. “Of course! I like watching you guys sing. I was actually considering to sing myself…” Nova said with a contagious smile. “I kinda wanna know though, what kinda song will you be singing?” She asked, her happy expression changing to curiosity.

@Grimm @Krysta

Shortly after that conversation another player entered the ballroom. Better late than never she thought. Nova walked up to the player who was wearing a beautiful dress, Nova wondered where she got a dress like that. “Hey!” Nova said cheerfully. “I noticed you walk in, I’m your hostess Novafire, friends call me Nova. If you need anything, just ask. Nice to meet you… Err… What’s your name?” Nova asked curiously.

@Asakku

After that, Krysta’s song ended, and Nova let out a gleeful “Eeeeek!” while jumping up and down clapping her hands. “Give it up for Krysta everyone!” She paused to let those who wanted to clap, clap. “Ok, next contestant, um… Who was next again?” She said with a finger on her chin. “How bout’ I pick…. Dazia. Come on up!” She said clapping.

@Dazia @Krysta @Vigilon @Sharr @Pinball

Yinangi actually believed she shouldn't be singing. Well, at least, not tonight. She would probably have to increase her bribe to press Dazia to go alone. "Hey, I'll double the col you'll get if you go alone in this." "What!?!?!" "Would you rather get less?" "...I can't believe this...alright, fine, you've twisted my arm once again, but don't expect me to let you off the hook next time." Nova then announced that the karaoke contest would now be under way. And first up was...wait, Princess was here? The way she had sang, and the song she had sung...well, to be blunt, Dazia had never heard Krysta sing, and she was now genuinely worried. She had to admit, Krysta had a good voice. She muttered, "Just like a princess...of course." under her breath, but the thoughts in her head that followed were, "This is just GREAT. How the hell am I going to win against THAT? Well, Violet, you're in trouble now..." ...and would you look at that, Dazia was up next. She really was in trouble. She had honestly hoped she would have enough time to find something quick, but her time to think, plan and process had been cut short. Well, she'd have to mentally take a quick look through the songs she'd heard and liked, and pick one. FAST. When the moment came, she was nervous. However, this wasn't the sort of nervousness that you would often see...it was the kind of nervousness where one seems calm, cool and collected on the outside...while COMPLETELY freaking out on the inside, with all the internal screaming... She silently took a deep breath. "Here goes everything...or nothing." She thought. She had a song in mind, so she would have to focus in order to sing properly. Thankfully, she did, but the only problem now would be the list of potential end results. The song she sung? Demons by Imagine Dragons.

(OOC: This was the best lyric vid of this song that I could find.)

@Benjamin Bookworm @Arabelle @Epsilon @Froppy @Spangie

@Novafire @Krysta @Grimm @Asakku @Vigilon @Sharr @Pinball

Edited by Dazia
Forgot to tag some people in thread

Biting her lip as she watched as she watched someone approach her, she put on an artificial smile. "nice to meet you... Nova. Ehe, yeah. I don't sure go to these kinds of things. It's Asakku, my name is Asakku," her face had already hurt from smiling so widely, god, how do people do this? After their short conversation, she gazed around the large room thoughtfully, "you've got quite a crowd here," she muttered, crossing her arms as she examined scattered groups of people on the floor of the room. 

Watching two performances fly by, she gave a small clap. This is the real deal, huh? The people here are.. actually good. She recalled the last time she hear someone actually sing, I think it was one of my dad's booze buddies, he sounded like a dying chicken.. she shook her head and sighed inaudibly. This party is.. decent at the very least. She muttered a few more 'compliments' before rubbing the back of her neck. Everyone looks like they know each other, maybe I should just leave.. 

@Novafire

Tsu had thought that Vigilon and Krysta would have performed together, but it seemed to not be the case as Krysta went up and sang. She had a great voice, and the song was cute. Tsu was just a little bit jealous of her voice, but that couldn't really be helped. Tsu clapped for a few seconds once she finished. After Krysta was Dazia, which at first Tsu was worried that something would start between them, but everything seemed to be fine, so far. Dazia's singing voice sounded a bit different than Krysta's so it was hard to compare them. Their song choices were very different as well, so Tsu would give them both an 8/10 on their performance. They were practically rivals at this point, it was pretty cute. Now wanting to perform as well, Tsu walked up to Nova and waved. "Hey Nova, ribbit. I was just wondering if it was too late to sign up for the singing. I wanted to perform as well, rrrrrribbit." Tsu said as she walked up, before waving at the other player talking to her.

@Novafire @Dazia @Krysta

All right Dazia! Woo!  Encore! Ben cheered after she finished singing.  He figured she would be coming down from nerves after she preformed on stage, and wanted to try and be supportive of her.  He really did hope she won, after pouring out her feelings like that.  It was a good job up there- wish I could sound like that.  I figure I'll just go for an Irish drinking sound, like back home. he paused for a second.  Actually, since we can drink in the game here, maybe I can see about getting everyone to drink along.  It might actually help our chances if we got everyone drunk before they went on.  He was joking at first, but figured that getting a few shots in him while singing would help clear off his stage fright.  He signed up on a whim, but was actually a bit scared of going up there.  So, um, how do you feel about how you did up there? 

@Dazia

While Nova was making her announcement, Vigilon was spotted by Auranika and Renixx. The two players came over to Vigilon. "I didn't expect to see you here, Alex. Nice to know you thought about dressing for the occasion." Vigilon turned to see Auranika. "Hello, April. ...Don't tell me you want to sing, too." Renixx scoffed and said, "As if she wouldn't take this chance to sing, and move the hearts of the audience!" Vigilon decided to come up with a clever excuse at this moment. "Look, you don't expect me to win, do you? How about this: If me or my girlfriend win on this competition, I score on our rivalry, but the catch is, you wouldn't be involved." Renixx was the first to state his opinion on what Vigilon had suggested. "That's absolutely preposterous!" Auranika, however, had another thought on the matter. "I do admit, even without my presence, victory for you would be difficult. Even if someone else was added to the equation, your chances of scoring should be slim...wait, you...you have a girlfriend??" Vigilon chuckled. "Yes, yes I do." As he walked over to the stage, he said one last thing, knowing Renixx was outvoted, and the attempt to score had begun. "Her name is Krysta."

Krysta was up first, and Vigilon eagerly awaited to hear what she would sing. The lyrics were incredible, the voice was beautiful...Vigilon was absolutely entranced by it all. The deal may have already been done, but two surprised players were already feeling regret. "That voice...had I known his girlfriend was this good beforehand, I would have made sure it was on condition for his victory only!" "Her voice might be lesser than yours, Lady April...but I do have to admit, that is a beautiful voice..." Auranika then said to Renixx, "We will just have to see, by the looks of it. We agreed to the terms, so there is no turning back. It would be wrong to go back on our word like this. We should just enjoy listening to others' talents." "I-I...as you wish, Lady April..." Auranika found a good position to watch the competition from. "Arulux, by my side." The golden dragon familiar flew over and landed beside Auranika, also interested in the voices that would sing.

Vigilon listened to the song Krysta had sang, he heard the voice, he heard the lyrics...it was almost as if he'd fallen in love all over again...but if we were to be practical, this merely meant he'd fallen deeper in love. Granted, Krysta's beautiful, enchanting voice wasn't the only factor that got him to fall for her. What had originally got Vigilon to fall for her was her personality. "Whoa..." Was his heart rate speeding up again? He couldn't tell at this point. When the song ended, he clapped as he let out his full support to her. "Woo! Yeah, Krysta!!"

Nova announced who was next...and it was...Dazia? "Uh oh..." He could only pray that a fight didn't start or anything. Was Dazia much of a singer? One thing was clear, however. "I'll bet this was Yinangi's doing..." He muttered. When he heard Dazia sing, he began to reflect on the song she had sung, Demons by Imagine Dragons. What hidden meaning was within? Dazia really was, to Vigilon, seemingly dark, and shrouded in mystery...

@Novafire @Krysta @Dazia

Krysta smiled, and took a bow before leaving the stage once her audience finished applauding. She was happy to know that the other players enjoyed listening to her sing. As she made her way off the stage, she walked past Vigilon, saying, "Good luck, Alex." It was soon announced who would be singing next...Dazia was here. It wouldn't do to try settling the conflict here, as not only was there a ceasefire, but it would also reflect poorly on her in various ways. She wouldn't end this yet...but soon... Krysta decided to watch her sing, and was actually surprised. Dazia, as it turns out, sang pretty well, and the song she sang was not without feeling and meaning....but the question was, is Dazia truly trying to make her way into the light? Was she having doubts? Krysta might need to learn more about this Dazia, in case there was more to this than she thought... She looked up and saw that Yolviinsil had flown to the chandelier, looking down shyly towards the multitudes of players. Krysta giggled, and said, "Come on down now, Yolviinsil, I'm sure most of the players here are nice!" Yolviinsil hesitated, but she did fly down and land on Krysta's shoulder. She walked over to Tsu. "So...what did you think of the song I sang?"

@Vigilon @Froppy

After Tsu had signed up to sing later on, she went back into the crowd to try and find Krysta or Dazia to talk to them. Her maid outfit made her a bit noticeable, but no one else was really dressed as an outlier like her so everyone sort of blended in together. Although she didn't really mind standing too much, since more people would notice her, this being reinforced as Krysta found Tsu before Tsu could find her. She asked how the song was, and Tsu gave her a thumbs up. "It was pretty good, you already make me jealous of your voice, ribbit. Your voice is pretty good for sweet songs, mine is too... froggy to sing those kind of songs. You and Dazia are about equal in singing voices, ribbit. Just you two sing different genres of songs. So good job, rrrrrribbit!" Tsu said, going into almost a review of the performances. 

@Krysta

Edited by Froppy
  • 2 months later...

(OOC: Sorry 'bout that. I had some home issues,  even then,  I don't know how long I'll be here, so... Beat with me.)

Go Dazia go! Go Dazia go! Nova chanted on the moments leading up to her song. After the song was done, she clapped enthusiastically.  Give it up for Dazia! She clapped for a few more seconds before moving on. Before she could announce the next singer, a new guest approached her. Hello Asskku, it's nice to meet you! She said with a wide grin. It took awhile, but my party actually took off... She looked around, feeling proud for what she had done. Another guest who introduced herself as Drippy before, asked to sing.  Its never to late! Welcome aboard!  She said sounding as excited as ever. Alright! Next up... Um... I can't remember, give me a minute take five everyone. Oh, and does anyone have a clipboard? She walked into the corridor and down the hall looking for a pen and paper.

@Dazia

@Froppy

• 10 months later...

Party's over. Get your rewards and go home.

Requesting to close for inactivity. Col rewards have been distributed to the players who have been active in the past month.

~~~ SUMMARY ~~~

Arabelle

• 3 SP
  • 320 Col

@Krysta, @Vigilon, @Dazia, @Pinball

• 2 SP
  • 320 Col

@Spangie

• 3 SP

@Novafire, @Grimm, @Benjamin Bookworm, @Froppy

• 2 SP

@Epsilon, @Macaroon, @Reinholt, @Sharr