[PP-F1] Save The Village from Disease! <<Secret Medicine of The Forest>>

Krysta was in the first floor, in the town of Horunka. She entered one building, and was approached by an NPC. "Oh, please don't tell me another one's sick...oh! Are you perhaps...an adventurer? Please! you need to help! Disease is spreading, and we are out of the medicine we need, the <Little Nepent's Ovule>. If we don't get any soon, this could escalate to a plague!" Krysta couldn't believe it. A plague? She couldn't just stand idly by and let it happen. "Don't worry, I will retrieve the medicine for you. Um, do you know where it can be found, by any chance?" The NPC responded with, "Oh, thank you! The medicine can only be found within a particular kind of nepent. It will either have a large red flower on it, or have fruits on it. Be careful, though, these nepents are aggressive and territorial plantlike creatures. Last I heard, they have been gathering in numbers lately. The medicine is actually quite rare, so please don't lose your grip on it once you have it." From what Krysta could tell, she was going to need some help, otherwise she would be overwhelmed, swarmed, or something else of the like. She would find a spot in town, out in the open, and sit on a bench there, in hopes a player would be around to help.

(OOC: after making some calculations, I can say that in order to encounter a variant, we must kill ten nepents... two battles with four, and one battle with two.)

@Arabelle @Spangie @Reinholt @Fetu Lagi

Reinholt had just made it to Horunka. He was coming to complete a quest he had heard about back in the Town of Beginnings, to retrieve some medicine or some such. With a yawn he walks around town, looking for the building the player had told him about. Once he found it he disappears inside for sometime. When he cones back out he has a troubled look on his face. Numbers, aggressive, and territorial. Great. Might be better to find some help for this one. He thinks to himself and looks around for a moment. He spots another player near by, sitting on a bench and nods his head. Approaching with a smile, he stops a respectful distance away and holds his hand up in a wave. "Pardon me. But I just accepted this quest and it sounds like things could get out of hand pretty quick so I was wondering if you would like to go with and maybe get some XP?" He says as he assesses her level the best he can without actually knowing, by her armor and other visible equiptment. He assumed she was around his level or maybe a bit higher, or else she probably wouldn't be hanging out on the first floor. Either way, a sword was a sword.

Edited by Reinholt

Arabelle had already attempted this quest. With another player, a vibrant girl with blonde hair named Spangie. Speaking of which, she hadn't seen the girl around ever since they took the quest. Not even a PM, or an accidental meeting (the likes of which prompted them to take the quest together, even though they both knew they could've soloed it easily). She closed the building's door behind her as she left and stared vacantly at her surroundings. Maybe the phoenix tamer was just busy with her newly-opened shop. Arabelle looked down and nudged a small pebble forward with her foot, a habit she had been developing these days. But it wouldn't have hurt to send a PM, right...? The girl continued forward, not paying much attention to where she was going, absentmindedly nudging the pebble forward as she moved along the streets. Maybe...maybe Angie just forgot.

She stopped. Around her was an open space, a small plaza in the center of the town, and sitting on the bench just a few steps away from her was a girl...with blonde hair. Arabelle moved forward, noticing a man clad in knight's armor approach the girl as well, and stopped a little too late. The girl...wasn't her friend. Her hair and her eyes weren't as obnoxiously bright as Angie's. But she was too close to the odd pair now, so she proceeded forward with a smile. Cursing herself for being a bit too clingy. No, clingy wasn't the right word. "Is that a quest I just heard about?" Arabelle questioned, the usual cheer returning to her demeanor. There was only one quest offered in this little village, so the two players would immediately know what she was talking about. "If you guys are forming a party, I'd like to join in, too...if that's alright with you."

Spoiler

BATTLE STATS

~STATS 
Level: 3 - 8 SP
60  HP
6 Energy
4 Damage
1 Accuracy
2 Paralyze

~EQUIPPED
» [T1 - Perfect] Shikama Dōji -- Enhancements: Paralyze, Paralyze, Accuracy 
» [T1 - Vanity] Starter Light Armor

~BATTLE-READY INVENTORY
» 3 Starter Healing Potions (heals 50 HP)

~SKILLS
Rank 1 - Two-Handed Battle Axe (+3 DMG, access to rank 1 sword arts)

E - 

~SWORD ARTS
Two-Handed Battle Axe

Rank 1
» [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
» [x2 AoE] Smash (4 Energy) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.

Edited by Arabelle

Fetu Lagi was just exploring the world of Sword Art Online. While exploring he found himself approaching a town named Horunka. The town grabbed Fetu's interest. He started to wander around town. He found a piece of paper on the floor. Fetu decided to take a break from walking and found a spot to sit down under the shade from a tree. He started to read the paper. It was talking about some disease, sickness, and a mission, trying to find a cure for it. When Fetu finished reading the letter he got up and looked around the town for some players and for some of the NPC's that had started this quest. While Fetu Lagi was adventuring around the town he spotted some players. It looked like there were 2 girls and 1 guy sitting on a bench under the shade resting from the sun. Fetu thought to himself "Hmm, maybe these people over here knows something about the quest and the disease." Fetu Lagi started walking over towards the people. 

Spangie heavens a sigh as she slouched on a small wooden bench, her familiar at her feet. “So. Borrreeeedd,” she groaned, rubbing her eyes. “Can’t a single person pop up and tell me to randomly join them in this adventurous world?!” She thought for a moment. Nah, that’d be too cliche. She puffed angrily and slouched some more into the bench. Her familiar snorted and set its eyes locked in a certain way. “Wutchu looking at~” she cooed, turning her head to a small group. A flash of violet hair made her eyes widen, quickly sprinting to he location. “Kyyyahhhh! My friendsss! I was so bored without you!” Sheblaunchdd herself onto Arabelle, faking a couple sobs. She quickly regained her stature and took Arabelle by her shoulders and shaking her. “I thought I was going to dieeee!”

Krysta noticed how quickly players started to arrive. First was a player in dragon bone armor, asking if they could team up on the quest. "Sure! I might be in a fairly decent level, but my weapon of choice can only target a single enemy, so as a result I can easily be swarmed if too many arrive at once..." It wasn't long before a player with purple hair arrived, also interested in taking the quest. "Of course you can join in." Another player started walking towards them, and yet another player sprinted towards the group, initiating conversation with the violet haired player almost immediately. Krysta got up and spoke to the two players. "Hello, I'm currently hoping to take a quest involving fighting off a variant of a certain monster to acquire medicine to save the village from a disease that is growing worse and worse. Care to join us in the quest?"

@Reinholt @Arabelle @Fetu Lagi @Spangie

Stats and equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  15
HP:  300
EN:  30
DMG:  7(OHR Rank 3[+3], Star Saber[+3], Yolviinsil[+2])

MIT: 18

Items:

Star Saber(+3 DMG)

Guardian Vest(+18 MIT)

Andvari's Blessing(3 LD)

Skills: 

One handed Rapier Rank 3

First Aid Rank 1

Extra skills:

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 2(Does not apply, due to enhancement cap)

Edited by Krysta

Reinholt nods as he listens to the blonde haired player. Once she is finished he smiles at her, placing his left hand on the pummel of his sword. "I have a fair amount of AOE attacks, so don't worry about getting over ran while I'm around okay?" He says as a purple hair approaches and asks to form a party. He smiles kindly and nods, ok with the idea. Just then two other players come up and he grins softly. "The more the merrier, I like to say. I'm Reinholt." He says to everyone there as he politely inclined his head. Such a party he would have to watch out for them all, but the first player  atleast had some levels on her so he didn't worry as much. The others however he couldn't be for sure. And with the possibility of large amounts of monsters he would definitely have to play crowd control so no one got hurt too bad.

(Player stats)

Spoiler

Level: 10
HP: 200
Energy: 20
DMG: 8
MIT: 18
ACC: 2
EVA: 0

Skills:

Two handed Straight Sword- Rank 3(+5 dmg)

Equipment:

Bruniikahrel's Resilience
Heavy Armor
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Mitigation(2), Thorns(1)

Darukai
Two-Handed Straight Sword
Enhancements: Damage(2) Paralyze(1)

Name: Wind Spurs
Item Type: Trinket
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +2 ACC

Sword Arts:

x2 AoE] Blast (4 Energy) - A pair of horizontal sweeping strokes that hits multiple targets.

[x2] Straight (2 Energy) - Begins with the player bending their knees before thrusting forward with a singular powerful strike covering the gap between you and your opponent.

[x3] Scooped (3 Energy) - A three-hit sword art that employs varying over and under-cut motions.

[x4 Stun] Lightning (7 Energy) - A combination of four slashes of varying angles aimed at a single target stunning them.

[x4] Cyclone (4 Energy) - A multi-hit sword art that uses the user's heel as a pivot to spin violently, chaining together multiple hits.

[x5] Back Rush (5 Energy) - A countering technique to spin around when an opponent has the player's back.

[x6 Stun] Fight Blade (9 Energy) - A mid-tier sword art that utilizes a mixture of over, under, and middle-cuts across multiple targets.

Battle Ready Inventory:

- 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
-5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Edited by Reinholt

The crow on her shoulder flew away and perched on a nearby tree's branches as Arabelle heard a familiar and very energetic voice from behind her. She turned around to check and was instantly tackled into a tight hug. "Angie...?" she asked, hoping it really was her. The blonde-haired girl faked a couple of sobs and broke the hug to shake her by her shoulders, overexaggerating her next few sentences. Arabelle laughed and hugged the girl once again. She somehow always appears when I think about her. Should I think about her all the time, then? "Eeeeee! It's really you! I missed you!" And she quickly pulled away, knowing that there were three other players who were probably feeling out of place right now. "Why is it that we always bump into each other in this town? You don't live here, do you?"

She turned to Krysta and nodded. Another player had arrived, and she decided to introduce herself properly to the other players. She took her turn after the tall, armored man who looked like a tank (@Reinholt) introduced himself. "I'm Arabelle, but you can call me Bella. Nice to meet you, everyone. You guys are planning to take the medicine quest, right? Angie and I have already taken it, and we'd be happy to assist you," she said, her voice taking on an informed, more serious tone. Of course, she also took the time to nudge @Spangie playfully, prompting the blonde to also say something. "My weapon also has lots of AoE attacks, so no need to worry about getting swarmed."

Edited by Arabelle

Fetu went up and asked some questions to some of the players, gathered all around the tree. "Yeah... uh... My name is Fetu Lagi whats up! ? So, we're all gonna do this mission "Save The Village From Disease" Let us do it, come on. Anyways. Who are you guys? I know this guy. Reinholt. I've partied up with him before. Whats up Rein!" Fetu Lagi said. Fetu didn't really know what to say. He just figured he's just gotta introduce himself and say hi. For sure that would start up the quest and start a conversation. Fetu was a bit shy of meeting some new players. Fetu Lagi then swiped open his menu with a flick of his wrist and sent everyone party invites. He thought about how this quest would go. "We will see how this is. Time will play. Time will play." Fetu Lagi thought to himself. 

"Yeah," she grinned, rubbing the back of her neck. "I come visit this village a lot, it's peaceful here," she gave a toothy smile and gave a thumbs up. "But I like coming here just for the fun of it sometimes, I mean. You can literally go anywhere," she told @Arabelle excitedly. She averted her eyes to @Reinholt, "Hey buddy, it's good to see you again!" she stuck out her tongue playfully and patted him on a shoulder. Turning to the two unfamiliar faces, she put up a bright smile. Taking @Krysta and @Fetu Lagi's hand, she shook them politely. "Hey, the name is Spangie, nice to meet you!" she giggled and sighed. "Eheh.. I don't have any AOE attacks at all. I have stun though!" she piped up.

"So yeah, me and Ara did this quest not too long ago, so we can assist you in any way we can!" she gavepolite bow and gestured over to her familiar. "Oh yeah, this is Agni! He'll probably end up helping me. But who knows, he's and odd one," she shrugged and scratched a small spot behind her familiar's ears. Her familiar only stared blankly at her before changing it's directions. Heh.. be a little bit more polite will ya?

The players introduced themselves to one another, as well as to Krysta. It was time she introduced herself as well. "My name is Krysta, it's so nice to meet you all! I think we have enough here to set out and enter the forest. I've heard that the enemies we shall be facing are not only plantlike, aggressive and territorial, but have been spreading out and gathering in numbers. Thus, I happen to believe that we might be doing more than just one favor regarding these creatures, as we may end up thinning their numbers in the process. Even if we somehow get swarmed, I'm sure we can pull through with our numbers! Our foes are sure to be outmatched, too! So, are you all ready?" Five players, one goal, and a whole lot of nepents. That was the situation. Thankfully, the enemies would be no match for this team of five. Two of them had even done the quest before! Once all the players were ready, Krysta would say "Then onward to the forest!" as she pulled out her rapier and point it towards the sky before heading over to the safe zone's exit.

Edited by Krysta

Reinholt smiles at Spangie. "Hey there Spangie. Good Seeing you here." He says and pats Fetu Lagi on the shoulder. "Good seeing you too man. Lets get this show on the road." He says with a nod toward Fetu. He listens to Arabella introduce herself and then Krysta give a speech. He grins and follows after her, his left hand resting on the pummel of his sword. "Alright, I think Bella," He says nodding his head toward the purple haired girl. "And myself should lay down suppressing AoE attacks. Spangie, stun what you can. Does anyone have any healing skills? I just want to make sure we have all of our bases covered and everyone comes back home in one piece." He says, before making a face and looking at the other players. "Sorry, wasn't trying to sound pushy or anything." He adds, rubbing the back of his neck. While he wasn't the most exprienced player out there, he really didn't want to be the cause of someone dying so he felt a bit better if he laid a plan of some sort.

@Krysta@Arabelle@Fetu Lagi

Edited by Reinholt

Arabelle accepted @Fetu Lagi's party invite with a small laugh. "The quest name is <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>. Angie and I have already taken it, so we know. And, what you mentioned was the thread name," she informatively pointed upwards at what seemed like nothing with an innocent smile. She turned to @Spangie. "I get what you mean! Not many people around, and really nice and quiet. Perfect place to draw for an artist like you~."

She kept silent as @Krysta gave a long explanation of the quest for the people who didn't know about it yet. She took note of the optimistic and somewhat formal way the girl spoke. She seems to have the qualities of a charismatic leader. Maybe if she trained herself a bit more, she could be good enough to lead a guild, Arabelle hypothesized. She pulled her scythe out as the girl did and raised it to the air as well. "Onwards!" she cheered, following after the team's 'leader'.

On the way, @Reinholt proposed a strategy for the fight. "Sounds good," Arabelle said with a nod. She looked at the top left corner of her vision and noticed that only four got into their party. Right. They were five. "Oh, I also think we should figure out how to divide ourselves. Maximum party limit is four, remember? And we're five so...three in one party and two in the other. Two of the highest-leveled players here should be in each party so they could take the hits for the lower-leveled people. No offense. So, what're everyone's levels? I'm level 3."

Edited by Arabelle

Fetu listened in to what everyone was saying. Fetu just kept silent to himself and listened. As @Arabelle finished what she was saying Fetu Lagi jumped in. "Ah, hi! Uh... Yeah, I agree with you, Arabelle. That's ah, pretty good strat man. I will team up and or, group up with @Reinholt. Also, I am level 5." Fetu Lagi said trying to throw his words out there so that the other players can hear him. Fetu Lagi began to follow the other players as they went onwards towards the forest. He stayed near Reinholt cause he's the only one he knew. "Yep... What levels are you guys? Ah? What level are you @Krysta ?" Fetu asked. "Hmm, I wonder how this mission would be. I will probably make new friends. I gotta socialize more. I think it would be fun. I don't know. Time will play. Time will play. Well, see." Fetu Lagi thought to himself.

She grinned at @Arabelle, “Yeah, I know you can have paper but I haven’t found something to replace my sketchbook,” she sighed depressingly. I want to find one soon.. “But I’m sure I’ll find something, it can’t be that hard right?” She shrugged and ruffed the violet haired players hair. “And I’m think you think of me as an artist~” she giggled with delight.

She turned to @Reinholt and patted him on the back, “Yeah, it’s good to see you too! Been a while eh?” She smiled brightly and clapped her hands together. “Agh, I liked this quest, it was tough but fun!” 

She pointed toward, “And off we gooooo!” she squealed with delight and dashed to who knows where. Finally, I was dying from boredom!

@Krysta @Fetu Lagi

As the players made their way towards the forest, they began speaking of a possible strategy to go with. Reinholt suggested that he and Arabelle should strike with Area of Effect attacks, and that Spangie should stun. He asked if anyone had any healing skills, hoping that everyone could remain in one piece. "Well, I have rank 1 First Aid, so if anyone gets hurt, let me know!" She did plan to go with damage and healing/support as her choice of build. Now that she was high enough level, she could start focusing on both her potential damage and her ability to keep other players in the fight. Fetu asked what level the other players were. "Fifteen." She began to think about how the strategy was set up so far. Two separate parties, one with three players, one with two. She also listened to what Arabelle had to say about it as well. "Considering all of that... Perhaps Reinholt and Fetu Lagi could be in one party, and Arabelle and I could be in the other." She turned to Arabelle. "Since you're level three, I'll do what I can to keep you in the fight if things start going downhill." She then had one last thing to establish before there would be a full strategy. "Spangie, which party do you wish to work with?"