[F17-PP] A fight fit for Heracles <<Herculean Labor>>

I grin as i wait within the city of Athenea just waiting for Pinball to come and be ready for a fight against the Nemeon lionesses. However, i decided to use that time to my advantage and asked around the NPCs and any players i could stop to get information, and apparently it was a lot more difficult then i had first initially thought it was going to be. 'Okay then seems like i will need to enlist someone.' I think to myself as i open up my menu of people i can contact as i glance over the names skipping over my guild since for some reason i can't get into contact with them. Which is beginning to have me be unsettled rather badly. I then land on the singular name i have in here besides Itzal that could actually be of use. 'I hate that i have to work with him, but as i told Embers. I can't let personal grudge stop personal growth. Besides i will always be one step ahead of Domarus. I just need to make sure that stays a fact of life.' I think as is end out the message.

Spoiler

@Domarus

herculean Labor. Floor seventeen you're invited. if you don't make it within the hour you're assumed to be too busy to join.

With that simple and straightforward message i once more return to the teleport gate to wait for @Pinball to arrive with whatever he was going to try and make for this quest to increase his strength to be of use against the nemeon threat.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domarus sat in his study looking at a few maps and reports.  Recently it was revealed that several players were planning on forming a crime guild so he needed to be ten steps ahead of them.  Right now...  He was seven.  He had connections virtually everywhere at this point, his information network virtually established.  Most information would reach his ears within moments, increasing his reaction timing for virtually everything.  He had a player he trained, Mercury, looking for more players to join his guild.  Adrian was locked up again as he should be.  Raven was still training under him of course and Embers was busy being Embers.  Domarus was slowly gaining allies in both the illegal and legal areas.  Even further so, his reputation was skyrocketing.  Not only were players learning about him preventing another illegal guild from starting, but they were also hearing for the first time that he took out two player killer guilds.  His fame was beginning to rise steadily, slowly but surely.  Fairly soon he'd be known by many players, and feared by a few player killers, excluding the professionals.  But that was to be expected.  He was in the middle of planning out the steps to take to counteract this new guild coming up soon, when he received another message, not from a spy but from Hestia.  Inviting him to a quest.  Good, he needed to kill something.

"Keres, come on we're heading out."  Keres heard his call and bowed, moving to fetch the familiars while Domarus equipped his silver suit and his two handed ax.

Domarus appeared on the floor and walked over to Hestia soon as he saw her.  Keres followed close behind in her maid outfit, and the two familiars beside her.

"Ember remember.  So much as a hint of my personality, goals, or anything of the sort, and you'll never see daylight.  That's a promise I'll never break.  Act it if you must, but drop all appearance of frustration, anger, annoyance, and general disgust with me while around others.  I know how hard it must be for you, but I know even you can wear a mask when you need to."

@Pinball

Pinball quickly placed the food items in his inventory, making sure he had both the protein filled meal as well as the sweet elixer dropped by the Queen in the quest he had taken with Hestia just thirty or so minutes prior. He pushed through the door, rushing through the forests of Floor 8, trying to make good on his promise of thirty minutes; though at this point, he was going to be a bit late. Still, he ran, his spear slung across his back, pushing past bushes and tall grasses as quick as he could. 

The teleportation to Floor 17 was instantaneous, as it always had been. One moment, he was standing in Floor 8's main settlement, and the next, he was standing on the teleportation pad of Floor 17. He immediatly spotted Hestia a bit away. He started to jog over there, but noticed she was talking to a man clad in silver armor. He slowed to a walk, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. When he was within speaking distance, he offered a wave to Hestia. "Hello," he said to the tank, then turned to the armored man curiously.

Edited by Pinball

I turn towards the red headed player not looking at all frightened by your words that are trying to threaten me. You don't scare me Domarus. Now stop trying to act like the big bad main villain of some show, and just let things play out as they may. We both know in the end it will be me versus you. I would just prefer if along the way before Itzal inevitably finds out that we can at least learn to tolerate the others existence, and don't say Itzal won't find out about your plans. He may not be any Hikoru, but i am certain he can do some good detective work with his searching skills to eventually figure things out if he notices anything strange that you do while in his presence. I say towards the player as i then turn to see the servant girl Keres as i give a wave. Can you take back your fire snake i am tired of getting bit by it. Seriously you don't know how annoying it is. I say not caring that i gave away anything about things i have said as i then hear the teleport gate go off and Pinball start to come into view. Now Domarus don't do anything that will cause a bad reputation understand. I say with a subtle smirk as Pinball then comes into ear shot.

Evening Pinball as you know we're doing Herculean labor, but sadly i underestimated the strength of the tigers so i figured i would get us some aid in the form of a acquaintance of mine you could say. His name is Domarus a two handed axe user that goes with the build i call a Dragoon. A DPS, and tank hybrid if you want me to specify. I say towards the black haired player with a nod of my head. He will be aiding us in killing the Nemeon lioness and lion. I say with a grin wondering in the back of my mind who will be hitting harder. Domarus, or Pinball.

@Domarus

Domarus' eyes narrowed, seething with rage.  Evidently Raven didn't talk with her after he told her to.  He was going to have to fix this one way or another.  Her arrogance was something he couldn't wait to shatter.  He grinned under his helmet and said to Hestia, while Pinball was still out of earshot

"When Itzal and his guild fall apart, he wouldn't be able to do jack s**t.  You should start taking my word as gospel when I say that his guild will be destroyed."  When she told him about the serpent he sneered under his helmet.

"You basically told me you plan to end my goals one way or another so no.  At this point I'll never do so.  And he does that if you're doing something against me, so I'll be adding more eyes and ears.  Ones that can tell me exactly what you're doing."  When Hestia teased him on his acting for reputation he replied with:

"I think Raven and I will be going on a little trip soon.  May take weeks.  I'll leave some of my spies to babysit you from the shadows as well."  Right after he said that Pinball was within earshot.  When Pinball approached he gave Domarus the simplest of greetings.  Domarus turned to him, being introduced to Hestia who wisely decided to remain neutral in introductions.  Domarus faced Pinball and nodded, holding out his armored hand to shake Pinball's own.

"Greetings Pinball.  It's nice to meet you again.  This is my ally and friend Keres, and this is my familiar Rhozarth.  Hopefully today will go far differently than that incident with those players.  I've had a busy week because of that uproar."

@Pinball

Pinball listened to Hestia explain who he was. Domarus? Something about that name rang a bell, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He stared at the helmeted man for a moment, his mind drifting away... only to notice the man's hand, held out for a shake. "Oh!" Pinball accepted the handshake. Nervously, his ears feeling like they were on fire, he turned to his "ally". "Nice to meet you," he said. He looked to the man's familiar, curiously. He was overwhelmed by the strange urge to pet it, but thought better of it, and turned back to Hestia. "I don't really know where the quest is," he said, rubbing the back of his head. His hand stopped rubbing, then touched the two-handed spear slung across his back. "We should probably get going, though." As he waited for their decision, he tried to think about where he had heard the name Domarus. It came back to him suddenly. Oh! That's right! He had ordered an Accuracy trinket from the man, a long time ago. It had served him well so far, and Pinball made a note to thank him when he got the oppurtunity.

I just shrug not caring if he is going to do so knowing that Raven is mentally old enough to take care of herself at this point, and if anything were to happen i would make sure to let Domarus feel the wrath of a tier three player and superior tank and fighter. I then hear his introduction and sees nothing wrong with it so far as i then turn to Pinball. So then lets get going towards our destination there is a few tigers that need to die by our hands. There is no time to waste really when it comes to this. I say with a nod of my head as i then start to lead the way through Athenea towards the exit of the major city fitting of its base that was the great Athens as i go in the direction of where the quest will be in terms of direction having my familiar at my side as the people of Athenea looks towards Domarus, and myself's familiars with some amount of fear most likely thinking they are wild beasts trying to terrorize the town, but being culled by some force.  So then in terms of battle plans, and information of what we  have i know Pinball doesn't have much from not expecting to be on this quest, but what about you Domarus?

Pinball seemed to have spaced out for a moment or two there before he finally snapped back into it, and shook his hand.  Pinball seemed to be nervous and turned to Keres to greet her.  The girl smiled and bowed to him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you master Pinball~"  As Pinball looked at Rhozarth the dragon would look down on him, as if the human weren't worth looking at.  If Pinball mentioned this, Domarus would explain that his familiar had come with a side of pride, and it was hard working with him at times.  Pinball didn't seem interested in conversation much.  While Domarus didn't care for it much either and would rather focus on his plans to get stronger and further establish control in this world, his reputation was important.  Hestia asked Domarus if he knew anything about this quest, which with all of his spies out there he knew just about every quest now.  Progress was finally being made.

"The boss in question has around eight hundred and thirty health or so, as well as eighty mitigation and one hundred thirty damage.  He deals sixty damage at minimum no matter your mitigation, applies a bleed effect with each hit that lasts longer than players can create.  Every now and then he increases the damage of he and his mate's damage by ten.  His mate is weaker in all regards, and also only has the bleed ability, also weaker.  All in all just leave the female to myself as I have AoE attacks.  Focus on the male above all else.  The only issue we'd have is if we run out of energy.  Have you got that energy mod yet Hestia?  Or were you not planning to get that one?"

@Pinball

Pinball listened silently as the two talked, making sure to keep within a good distance of the walking players. Hestia had asked if Domarus knew anything about the quest, and if he had any plans for the upcoming fight. Pinball sped up his walk then, trying to hear the two better. He piped up then, when Domarus started talking about AoE. Pinball had AoE attacks, too, but not as powerful as some of the other two-handed weapons. Still, it had served Hestia and him well in their previous fight, and he wouldn't be averse to attacking like that again - it just wouldn't let him put in the damage he'd like to. Energy, like Domarus said, was always a problem. From what Pinball could make out, he could attack about three or four times before he's completely tapped. Hestia, he knew, did in fact have an energizing skill that had come in handy in their Return of the Queen fight. Still, he looked to the tank, curious as to what she was going to say in response. 

i have energize if that is what you are asking me Domarus, and if there is a mod i won't need it at all really since i am fine with just using energize itself since if i get anymore mods it would exceed the five limit, and make it a bit difficult to choose which would be the best in the end then. The five i have being all i need really in terms of mods for the build i am working towards. I say with a small shrug of my shoulder as we continue to traverse through the city of Athenea. I think about the plan and thinks back toward the harpy grinding and just nods my head just trying to treat this as a conversation with anybody else. Doing my best to learn how to be at least neutral towards the red headed player. Okay yeah that is fine with me. You can take on the lionesses with your AOE, and Pinball and myself can go and deal with the male lion for the most part. Though if we finish it before you can actually kill the lionesses we will help you out also. I say with a grin on my face as i look towards you as we continue passing by the marble like buildings. Is that fine with you Pinball, or would you want to aid in killing the lionesses with your own AOE that i know you have? I ask the black haired player. Afterall that might be better since that increases your freezing chances. I say towards him.

Domarus watched as Pinball literally said nothing, confirming his guess that the boy preferred to avoid talking at all.  At this point Domarus was beginning to consider him the same level as a recruit.  Listening to experienced players and just following their lead.  He could be wrong and the player be stronger than he let others to believe, but honestly this was what he saw in him as of right now.  He had to be encouraging and uplifting of course, even though he really didn't care.  Hestia told him that she did indeed have the energize mod and Domarus nodded.
     "Excellent.  Then all we need is patience while fighting the boss, as it's damage isn't too threatening.  And so long as we don't miss consistently, this fight should be over quite quickly.  Pinball, may I ask you what your weapon style is, and your maximum damage output as of now?"  While waiting for a response Hestia continued, challenging Domarus when it came to finishing theirs before he finished his.  Domarus grinned under the helmet and said:

"Two against one?  That's hardly fair don't you think Hestia?  However I could guarantee you that the female will be dead first.  Her health and mitigation is rather pathetic compared to the male, so it won't take very long at all."

@Pinball

When Hestia asked if he'd prefer to use AoE, he shrugged, not really having much of a solid opinion on the matter. "I- I don't really mind either way," he said, shoving his hands deeper into his pockets, "I'll do whatever you need me to." Pinball looked to Domarus, who was asking him what his weapon style was and what his maximum damage output was at the moment. His hand trailed to his spear, pulling the weapon out from across his back. When it was out, he used it as a walking stick. "I use a spear," he said, as if it weren't obvious already. "And my damage is... decent, I think. Not exceptional." He hadn't paid close attention to what damage he usually does - he's normally fine, since it seems to get the job done quickly enough. He opened his menu, materializing a jar of Apple Cider. "This'll probably boost me a bit, if that helps." He slowed his walking speed, unwrapping the jar, and downed the liquid as quickly as possible. I'm going to have to craft more, now, he thought. "Oh. And this, too." He pulled out the Queen's Honey, the item he had gotten with during his time with Hestia. He drank that as quickly as possible, the sweetness a little much for the boy's tastes. "do know I'll deal a lot more damage with a single target, but I can try attacking them all at once if you need." He stood there with the two empty glasses, until they shattered, the system recognizing them as "used" items. 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

~Skills/Stats~

Level: 31

Health: 620 | Energy: 62

DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:

►<<Charge>> [5/50]: Rank 1 - Novice

Weapon skills:

►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:

►N/A

Extra skills:

►<<Fishing>>

►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster

►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A

Modifiers:

►<<2H Assault Spear>> Ferocity: +1 Base DMG

Inventory

»[Equipped] [Demonic] Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed

»[Equipped] [Perfect] Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA

»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC

Consumed: 

• Queen's Honey: +3 DMG (Perfect Potion) 
  • [#99342] Rare T2 Meal - Apple Cider: +2 DMG, -20 MIT 

Then Pinball why don't you use AOE then i would like to try and get as much as those freeze procts as you can get. You were really lucky during Return of the Queen so i am curious if we can get a repeat performance with this quest since it seems like we will be facing multiple opponents at once rather then just a singular Nemeon Lion. I tell him with a nod of my head as then glance towards Domarus. Also if we did do that idea it wouldn't really be unfair since one person is a DPS, and myself just being the tank that couldn't do much. You're basically trying to function as myself and Pinball with your thorns armor and all that, so really not that much of a huge difference you know? I say towards him as we exit the city of Athenea into the wilderness of the seventeenth floor. Also if you want an idea of how strong Pinball is i will tell you for him to kill the Terra Firma it would probably only take three maybe four hits if you want an idea of how much damage he can do. You should know how much that is since we took that quest. I say towards Domarus as the group of three walks around the area trying to get towards the nemeon plains where the quest is located at.

Pinball nervously told him what his weapon was, and that it was a two handed spear.  That was currently one of the strongest weapons in this game, the two handed ax coming second.  Spear and martial arts were sort of hand in hand when it came to strength.  However he wondered what the boy's base damage was, as that would make all the difference when it came to his damage output.  Domarus was intending to deal the most damage in all of aincrad, or at least deal enough to where players had no choice but to respect him.  Regardless of that however the fact remained that this player had a way to deal more damage than others.  When he listened to Hestia talk it was clear she was taking everything he said seriously.  He needed to loosen her up a little bit or else she'd spread rumors and hints.  He laughed a little.

"Take a joke Hestia.  I never had the intention of competing, but working with you two.  Otherwise I probably would have taken this quest on alone.  At any rate, let's find the bosses so we can clear this quest."  He turned to Pinball, looking at him through the visor of his helmet.

"So Pinball, are you ready to take this boss on?  If I can be of any sort of assistance just let me know."

@Pinball

With a swift nod, Pinball agreed. "Yeah, AoE, sounds good." As the group made their way through the floor, Pinball couldn't help but feel more and more anxious as they went along. Just about an hour ago, he had thought he was facing the strongest enemies he had fought during the entirety of his time in the game - but that was about to change as well, if what Domarus told him about the quest was true. The lions were going to be tough to kill, and Pinball wasn't entirely sure he'd be able to keep up with two powerful players. He shook it off, rolling his shoulders, his spear in both hands now. When Domarus asked him if he was ready to fight the boss, he flinched, then nodded again. "Yeah, yeah," he said. "...they're around here?" He shook his head, trying to get rid of the underlying feeling of dread. "Nah, yeah, let's get 'em. I'm ready. Point me at what I need to hit. Get it over with."

I chuckle a bit and pats Pinball gently upon the back. Don't get all that worried Pinball you have myself the second best tank in Aincrad at the moment, and you have Domarus who i can say i could count on for damage when it came down to it. Besides maybe Teion, but that girl seems to favor locking herself up in a shop rather then participating much these days. i say with a annoyed sigh as i shake my head. Besides the point yeah Domarus is the guy i go to when i need damage done, and damage done as fast as i can. With you going to fill in that role also Pin since i am a hundred percent certain that you will be able to kick as much butt if not even more then Domarus at some point because of your unqiue spear that you have. I say with a nod of my head as the group continues traveling through the Nemeon Plains towards the destination that is somewhere within here, or could be everywhere. The quest from my knowledge having not been that specific. Also don't start talking like your some weapon. You have opinions, thoughts, and a mind just like everyone else and i am here if you have worried or such you need to let off of your chest. I say to him with a kind smile as i look him in the eyes to let him know i am being serious.

@Domarus

Did he just flinch?  Domarus thought to himself.  The following words the kid said made even Domarus feel uncomfortable.  He was used to people talking on and on, or acting like they were invincible, or fighting to gain power.  This.  This turning himself into a tool, something for others to use at their own expense.  This was sad.  When Hestia spoke up she started with something that brought a grin to Domarus' face.  So even Hestia, who hated his guts made Domarus her go to man for things like this?  Intriguing.  The bit about the unique spear was interesting too, but he would get his hands on unique enhancements soon enough.  A demonic for certain one of these days.  When Keres heard the bit about Teion locking herself in her shop, she giggled from the back.  Domarus never asked her why.  It was the one thing he was legitimately afraid to do.  She then told Pinball that he wasn't a weapon and that he had a mind and his own opinions.  Domarus would add to it.

"Agreed.  In addition to that you don't have to be so nervous.  Not only are your chances of dying reduced very greatly, but we aren't people you need to be nervous or shy around either.  Just because we're a higher level doesn't mean we're going to be hard, judging and military like.  We're normal humans just like you.  So don't be afraid to share your concerns ok?"  

@Pinball

With another nod, Pinball acknowledged Hestia. "It should be fine," he agreed, slipping his spear back across his back, a bit tired of using the weapon as a walking stick for the moment. He pushed through the floor, trying to make out any noise, sight, or just any general inkling as to where they would find the lions. He pushed ahead for a moment, then slowed his walking as the two began to talk to him. His discomfort steadily rose, and the anxious boy was at a loss as to what to say. After they were both said and done, Pinball frowned, shoving his hands deep into his pockets. "God, that's corny," he grumbled, thrown off by the sudden display of genuine concern. It was enough to throw anyone his age off, really; or at least, anyone his age with the same personality as the boy. Pinball had a deeply buried self-loathing that surfaced in that moment, and he became visibly agitated. The frustrated boy internally screamed, an eyebrow twitching at the intensity of the soundless noise. He rolled his shoulders again, rubbing his hands across his face. Calm down, kid. He started to look around for the lions again, but this time staying behind the two others; he didn't want to get ambushed. "I'm fine," he said stiffly. "Thanks, though.

I sigh internally to myself seeing that Pinball is preferring to act like everything is fine as i just nod my head figuring there isn't a point to trying to make him think otherwise for the moment. That i can only just focus upon the objective, and hope that by killing some Nemeon lionesses and lions that he can blow off some steam to be willing to express his thoughts more freely towards the duo. I gaze around the area as i start feeling a sense of things being slightly off putting as i gaze around the area raising my shield and sword wishing i could still do damage, but getting the purple haired girl to actually help being something that is being frustratingly difficult. I then hear a low growl as three lionesses charge towards the group of three from different directions. All 120 degrees away from the other being evenly spaced from each other.

i see the three enemies charge towards us as i quickly activate howl smashing the pommel of my sword into my shield creating a loud metallic thud sound as i gaze towards the three lions as they charge towards me. Come on and fight me you pathetic kittens! I say with a grin as i move forward away from the two of us you gathering the three lionesses up into a clumped up form as one lunged towards and bites hard. its front fangs digging against my shield, and the back plunging into my shoulder as it then has to jump away to avoid being attacked by the other two lionesses as the duo trip over each other from being too close to one another.

#99837 MD:10  170-151=19DMG 

#98737  MD:1

#98738 MD:2+2=4

[H: 3/3/3] Hestia: Hestia:  1246/1265 |  112/122 | DMG:  5 | MIT:151 | ACC: 1 | EVA:-1 | TRNS: 54 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1  (0/3 30DMG)

@Domarus:

@Pinball:

Nemeon Lioness: 512/512  MIT:47  DMG:170  ACC:1 EVA:2

- Bleed is applied on attacks. Non crit= 20 DMG for three turns.   On Crit= 30 DMG for three times

- Bleed is applied on attacks. Non crit= 20 DMG for three turns.   On Crit= 30 DMG for three times

It was finally time. Hestia says AoE, he reminded himself. As soon as she howled, Pinball hopped in place with a quick nod. "Alright!" Pinball rushed forward, past Domarus and Hestia, his spear glowing with the activation of a Sword Art. Now, he thought, charge! Small red lights flickered around his boots, having activated the Charge skill in earnest for the very first time. With a surprisingly wild sounding laugh, Pinball jumped, his spear spinning in circles. "Alright, everyone," he laughed, "chill!Pinball collided with the Nemeon Lioness', his attack's spins sending blasts of light outwards. The monsters were surprisingly dodgy; almost alarmingly so. Pinball's head whipped around at the two he had managed to hit, as well as the one he had missed, and ran back to Hestia. His damage wasn't anything to write home about, either. Yeah, no, he thought. Switching to singular focus. He hurried back behind the tank, still grinning at his joke and how none of the monsters had actually froze. "That didn't work.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Combat: 

Spoiler

Action Used: Weeping Moon - *9 AOE (Charge! +1 Base) 

Nemeon Lioness 1: ID# 99846  BD: 7+3-2= 8 (Hit!) 20+1= 21*9= 189 - 47= 142 DMG 

Nemeon Lioness 2: ID# 99847  BD: 5+3-2= 6 (Hit!) 20+1= 21*9 = 189 - 47 = 142 DMG 

Nemeon Lioness 3: ID# 99848  BD: 1 (Critical Miss!) 

[H: 3/3/3] Hestia: 1246/1265 |  112/122 | DMG:  5 | MIT:151 | ACC: 1 | EVA:-1 | TRNS: 54 | PARA: 2 | BLD:2 | REC: 1 | RGN: 1  (0/3 30DMG)

@Domarus:

[H: 1/1/0] Pinball: 620/620 HP | 48/62 EN | DMG: 20 (+5) | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

- ENEMIES - 

Nemeon Lioness: 370/512  MIT:47  DMG:170  ACC:1 EVA:2

Nemeon Lioness: 370/512  MIT:47  DMG:170  ACC:1 EVA:2

Nemeon Lioness: 512/512  MIT:47  DMG:170  ACC:1 EVA:2

Edited by Pinball