[PP-F4] Alliances and an Empire -Domarus, Eatos, Stryder-

Domarus was at his desk hard at work.  Not on homework, not on research.  Not even on his build which he'd been meaning to work on.  No, he was currently working on his spy network.  They'd been working day and night to keep his intel up to date and were doing a fantastic job at it as well.  One thing they were not able to do however was find someone who would join his guild.  Was it that nobody knew?  Was it that nobody cared?  Well soon they'd care.  His name would become too great to pass up in the coming future.  He looked at all the folders he had before him.  Guilds.  Individual players.  The front liners.  Dark guilds.  Targets and Enemies.  Prisoners.  Details on the skills and enhancements in Aincrad which was where his work on his new build was.  All of these held detailed information about all of them.  Right now his list of enemies was Hikoru and Hestia.  The woman proved to be too stubborn for her own good.  Domarus was currently going over all the details in front of him while making adjustments to his plan.  All of this information he kept on hand since he did not want another incident like the one with Hestia.  Suddenly he was interrupted by a message.  Not by his spies but from Eatos.  The player who was a part of the Guardians Dawn, as well as the player who had purchased an item or two from his shop.  

Greeting Domarus.

I am Eatos, Co-founder of the guild Guardians of the New Dawn. Our guild has been looking at the possibility of expanding and forming alliances with other guilds. The primary goal of our guild is to offer protection for players who are weak, low level or do not wish to serve on the front lines. We do, however, have services to offer in exchange for an alliance. I look forward to hearing if you’re interested in creating a united front for those players in need.

-Eatos, Guardian of the New Dawn.

Domarus felt a grin grow on his face as he read this information.  So all they wanted was some extra protection?  This would be easily granted.  And another way to not only spread his name, but his strength.  He had taken out two player killer guilds and recently captured ten.  If these rumors reached her ears, and if she asked to confirm them, it would help the rumors spread like wildfire with truth behind it.  In addition, he could work on the players of the guild, slowly convincing them all to merge their own guild with his.  Making his guild increase in size, power, as well as increase his name.  He would be known to this world, and he would rule it.  

@Eatos

This does indeed intrigue me.  If @Stryder, the guild leader is also alright with this decision then I would indeed like to talk with you two about it.  I'll meet you at your shop as there's not much room in my own currently.

-Domarus, Sovereign Union

He stood up and walked towards the door.

"Keres!  Come with me.  We have some business on floor four."

The two of them arrived on the fourth floor, Domarus wearing his black t-shirt and black pants as per usual, while Keres wore her maid outfit.  He wasn't bothered by the sting of the cold, in fact he welcomed it.  He was fired up with this successful turn of events after all.  He soon reached Eatos' shop and knocked on the door.

The girl wasn’t entirely sure why, of all Domarus’ was the first she would attempt to ally with. Others, such as the Holy Dragon Allience, would be more secure. While there was something to suggest that the guild, whose true name was hidden behind another language, the name itself gave the girl slight worry. While translating it was no issue, the very fact it was hidden. Corporations do that, from time to time, as a front.

She shook her head. Her parents rubbing off on her without a doubt. She looked in the mirror as she received a reply from Domarus. He was willing to meet. Good. She checked her inventory, making sure her suit was on before contacting the fellow guild head, Stryder.

‘Stryder, as we mentioned, I’m in the process of allying up with another guild. You’re welcome to be part of the talks, but remember to let me dictate our pace’. While overall formal, she was the face of the guilds. She was a businesswomen, and at the end of the day, she had to ensure that front was maintained.

Hearing the door being knocked on, the girl took a deep breath. Her black suit shifting on her shoulders as she opened the door, being met by Domarus and Keres. He was wearing, well, a lot more casual clothes than she honestly expected. The girl was still wearing those maid clothes. Was that a ploy to mess with her? She smiled softly at the pair of them, and took a step backwards to allow them into her store, directing them to the waiting area. Several couches in front of a stone fireplace, which was softly burning.

“Thank you for coming down so quickly, and replying to my message. It’s been some time since we last saw each other, I hope you are well Domarus”

He waited patiently as the player came to the door and opened it up.  To his surprise the blue haired girl was dressed in a business suit but it was also to his pleasure.  It meant she was serious about this sort of thing and was perhaps good with negotiations.  If anything his evening would be entertaining.  At any rate she seemed more mature than the last time they had met.  She looked at him curiously about his attire, possibly expecting him to take this very seriously as well, while she looked at Keres with the same interest and curiosity everyone did.  There were the few individuals who mocked her for her choice of outfit, or made dirty comments.  Though those players quickly learned to respect her choices...  And respect her skills.  Domarus nodded to Eatos when she spoke up, giving a friendly smile as he offered to shake her hand.

"Not a problem at all Eatos.  And yes it has been a while now and I'm doing alright.  Wish I was up there helping the front lines by now but you know how it goes.  Other issues arise that need taking care of."  As she lead them inside, Rhozarth flew off from Domarus' shoulder.  The red, flaming dragon found a place to mount that wouldn't catch fire and rested there, watching them all.  Domarus sat down on one of the couches by the fire, breathing in slowly as he sat down.  Fire.  An excellent choice in decoration in his opinion.

"You have a nice place here Eatos.  Far better than my own I have to say.  I wasn't able to spend too much col when I got my own.  It's impressive.  So then!  I can see you're one who'd want to jump straight into business correct?  Where should we start?"

@Eatos @Stryder

The very casual appearance had thrown her off a little, but the girl kept her composure. She knew herself, and she knew her face would give little away. If nothing else, to her self-hatred, she was very good at keeping everything internal. She smiled, a fake one, but one none-the-less, as she pushed the thoughts out of her head. She watched at Domarus’ familiar popped off his shoulder near the fire. It seemed like his familiar enjoyed the heat, and more importantly, behaved. She glanced at the backroom, where her own Familiar was. She was certain Angel would run into the room, the Husky just couldn’t help itself.

“The front lines, well, you’re far from the only one aiming that high. I know Stryder is gunnin to get involved in the next few floors” She said. While not ‘common’ knowledge, there was no harm in letting Domarus know her guild would be starting to get involved in the front lines. It would, in fact, give her some leverage. Not much, but it was something she could imply. Sitting down, she looked between Domarus and Keres. Part of her wondered about the maid, what was she doing here? Was it as sinister as her mind thought, or perhaps not? She let out a soft hum, uncertain. She didn’t know Domarus well enough to make safe assumptions at this point.

“Why thank you” she said in response to his compliment of her store “I figured, if I was making a story, I’d make it my home. Part of me wanted to use the 17th floor, but this floor was much more like home for me. Maybe I’ll move up there, but for now at least, it’s home”. The 17th floor was adored by her, after all, studying mythology and history, along with languages. The past fascinated her.

“Indeed. After all, unlike back in the real world, were businesses will do anything to gain an edge, we’re just people trying to survive. I believe a good start would be to have a clear understanding on the capacities of each other’s guild. I have done my research into your guild, but I’d rather ask you and know for certain. Numbers, strength, professions, organisation. If you’re anything like I suspect you are, it’s information you’ll be able to use to make a judgement call on our alliance”

The girl kept a calm tone, and as per normal, her heartbeat didn’t change. It never did anymore…Unlike real world negotiations, where deceit was used often, Eatos had little intent to do that. After all, she was simply brokering an alliance to ensure the weak members of her guild had assistance and protection, plus some poking at the front lines couldn’t hurt.

Sky pulled his messages up, seeing one from Eatos, his second. Recently, especially after one of there last adventures, they were in the process of talking about allying themselves with a guild. He had told her to handle it, and it seemed she had. She had already set up a meeting. He knew he should come in some formal attire for once, he was about to be representing his own guild... With a slight rush, he quickly got out of his bed, his wolf jumping off his feet to allow him to move, Sky quickly going to his shop, finding a formal suit he had made a while back for a wedding, well, for someone to buy if they were going to a wedding. 

Spoiler

image.jpeg

With that, he bolted down the mountain, heading for the fourth floor, entering the gate and warping to the snowy home of Eatos. Upon entering it, he started wondering a lot more who they were allying with, she hadn't said who they were allying with... He shook the thoughts out, knowing he would see who when he entered the store. His wolf walked behind him, Silver having realized that this was an important occasion, walked by his side, making it seem like she was well trained. Once at her store, he knocked on the door before opening it, looking around and seeing them by the couch, and who he saw.... Was someone he had only met once or twice, Domarus. 

This is who we are allying with? I barely know him.... I'l trust her to know what she is doing

"Hello, sorry i am late. I was two floors down, took some time to travel from my own home"  He said, attempting to be a little formal.

Rhozarth, the red dragon always on flames, turned to notice the husky run into the room, it's eyes narrowing at the creature.  Rhozarth was a proud creature and preferred disciplined individuals, though not nearly as much as he respected strength.  With the husky running into the room like that, Rhozarth wasn't sure the creature had either of them.  Domarus would have thought the same, however he was focused on Eatos at the moment.  He could see through the fake smile, though it was a well done facade.  He wasn't facing a master of deception but, neither was she a novice he thought.  She had certainly trained her eyes not to betray too much.  If she were the right personality, she would make an excellent follower, possibly even general.  However he very much doubted that.  Domarus nodded when she mentioned Stryder.

"Yes, Stryder.  Might I ask why you are leading this discussion and he is not?  I only ask because he is the guild leader."  Although after seeing this I wonder if that's just a stage name.  If Stryder is the 'leader', Eatos could be the real one pulling the strings.  Who knows how much control she had over the guild?  Something told him it would be more fruitful to gain ground on her rather than Stryder, though he'd do both of course.  He saw her look at Keres a few times and spoke up about it, wanting to get that distraction out of the way.

"Oh!  Forgive me I forgot that you two haven't actually talked only interacted at the shop.  This is Keres.  She's a good friend of mine and, for reasons beyond my comprehension, insists on being a servant.  I've tried to talk her out of it, and sometimes still do.  Though I'd prefer she'd be my servant then the servant of some shady individual."  While she may have some thoughts towards Keres, hopefully that would disperse any doubts she had.  Keres bowed, and when she sat up straight again she tilted her head to the side, eyes closed with a cute smile.  Domarus stared at her a moment.  

"She, can be strange, but she won't interfere on our conversation unless you ask her for her opinion on something."  When she mentioned moving up to the seventeenth floor Domarus chuckled and nodded.

"Yes it's certainly interesting up there.  You're actually the second person I've met to have such a fascination with Greek Mythology, other than myself.  Though it's less of a fascination and more of appreciation of their skills, their culture, their language."  She then told him how she'd done research into his guild but wanted to hear what he had to day about it.  He smiled and nodded.

"Keeping an eye on other guilds then?  Well, I'll admit I've done something like that as well."  And took it seven steps further he thought to himself.  He had individuals infiltrate a guild or two, and keep an eye from his shadow network, reporting any dark guild discovered and any new information on existing guilds.  He was about to continue when the door opened again, revealing Stryder.  The player seemed surprised that Domarus was here but seemed to get over it quickly.  And for some reason he too was wearing a suit.  Domarus chuckled and leaned back in his seat.

"Not at all Stryder not at all!  Though I do say it seems you two are taking this just a little serious.  Relax, it's not like this conversation is between three hardened businessmen after all.  We're all friends and allies in this room.  Now then,"  he said turning to Eatos.

"My guild.  Right now there are only eight members, including Keres and myself.  Two are inactive and three I doubt will reach the front lines.  They are content to just be there with the guild and support us where and how they can.  We don't have a guild hall and seeing as how I'm the only one gathering col, and how cardinal has been screwing with my sword art skill lately, that's been hampered greatly.  Despite our lack of numbers, or a lack of a set location however, we are strong.  When we gain enough members we plan to establish three segments of the guild:  The front line section.  A section for players crafting, which is essentially a marketplace.  And mercenary section.  Not the 'we take any request for the col' type of thing, but a group with morals.  With guidelines.  We don't tolerate illegal behavior.  That is the general overview of our guild as it is right now, and as we are working to become.  If you have any more specific questions I'll be happy to answer."

@Embers
@Stryder

Eatos looked over at Angel, her Husky familiar, right as it ran into the room. She wasn’t honestly surprised, but still. Maybe it was for the best, it was clear from Domarus’ attitude that negotiations here were far different to those in the real world.  But, then again, she didn’t own any other ‘casual’ clothes, so she didn’t have much of a choice.

She smiled at the mention of Stryder “Guild leader in name. While he is the one who started the guild officially, we share power and, this is much more my area than his” She explained. Styrder was the ‘face’ of the guild, as was the plan. He was the leader of the combat section, and the one who made a name for the guild. She, on the other hand, handled everything else internally. But, it seemed the ‘façade’ had worked, Domarus seemingly was unaware of the reality.

The explanation of Keres was met with simply a raised eyebrow. While Eatos couldn’t comprehend Keres of her reasoning, at the end, not only was it not entirely important. The selection of his personal company, and life, was his own. While reading into it could provide her context on Domarus, there would be no need…for now.

It was that moment Stryder decided to rock up wearing…a suit?! She found herself a little off-guard. The hell did he have that for?! She took a breath and shook it off. “Nice of you to join us, although what are you wearing?” She asked, despite wearing a black suit herself “You look…out of place wearing something like that Stryder. You’re too casual to be wearing it…” She could have said nothing, but seeing Stryder in a suit just confused her honestly. It just, wasn’t like him.

Listening to Domarus describe his guild, she wasn’t sure how to feel about it. Part of her said that it sounded too perfect, too ideal. But was that the truth, or the cynic that lived within her? She left that part of herself ponder. Other than that it sounded just too good to be true, honestly the biggest issue was size. Domarus’ guild was small, totalling 8 with 2 inactive. And, if he was true that three members were just trying to survive. He had a guild with 3 members on it. For all his talk of plans, there was a single glaring weakness within it. They had little power.

“I don’t think questions will be entirely needed, after all, much of what is intended for your guild still lives within theory” she said. It wasn’t meant to be rude, but her tone did have a sense of snark within it. She glanced at Stryder, partly curious if he picked up on it as well as her “Well, from what I can put together, our guilds are somewhat in similar positions. While Guardians does have a large number of players, we’re lacking in both a guild hall and overally strong players. We currently have Stryder and one other who are high level, looking at joining the front lines. The rest of them are like myself, lower levelled” Eatos took a deep breath, and stared at Domarus. Why was something within her untrusting of him!? “What is it you’d like from our guild?”

@Stryder

@Domarus

He listened as Eatos explained to him that Stryder was the one who founded the guild, and how they shared power but this was more of her area rather than his.  Domarus however could see what she was referring to.  Stryder may be dressed up all nice and fancy, and kept a straight face, but when he looked into his eyes he saw the eyes of a warrior.  Not a negotiator.  He was good with acting in battle, not everywhere else.  One could say he was the face of the guild while she was the mastermind behind it.  It was indeed Eatos he needed to focus on more than Stryder, as he predicted.  He turned back to Eatos and nodded with a smile.

"I understand, thank you."  He saw Eatos' eyebrow raise when he explained Keres, but he was used to seeing that.  If she tried to investigate him the same story would be found everywhere she went, with confirmation on how Keres was strangely servant like, but very sweet and considerate.  He mentally grinned as he thought this, because even high level players would say the same exact thing.  She would only ever get the odd ball story of how she was a bit mischievous, trying to get reactions out of people from time to time but overall remained calm and focused.  She seemed equally as surprised that Stryder was wearing a full suit rather than something casual and Domarus couldn't help but chuckle at seeing this burst of shock being displayed so openly.  She then moved to the topic of guilds and explained where her guild was.  She first mentioned how she had no questions since much of his guild's goals was still a theory.  Not theory he thought, just delayed but she wouldn't understand it without him sharing his plans.  And that of course was not going to happen.  She explained how they had members but were lacking strong players save for Stryder and one other who were planning to join the front lines.  If he could merge the guilds, then he could form a front line squadron and make himself that much more known.  When she described herself as lower leveled Domarus smiled internally.  Lower leveled yes, but your powers of negotiation and persuasion are enough to impress me which already separates you from the pathetic worms I find myself with most of the time he thought.  She then asked him what he wanted from her guild.  He already knew what he wanted but pretended to think for a moment as if all of this wasn't actually planned out from the moment she sent the message.

"Well, first of all we offer our services in any way you require or request, so long as it's lawful.  That is something our guild strives to do.  However if we are building a partnership..  Then why don't we help one another?  We are aiming to get a guild hall ourselves, large enough to hold not just our guild, but players who have no col to own a place they call their home, or players who need protection from certain individuals.  This is my proposal:  If you help us collect enough col for the guild hall, we can and will let you use it.  In return, once it's purchased I and those who are willing in my guild, will save up col for the purpose of purchasing a guildhall for you.  Either way it speeds up the process with more hands helping, and since I have an AoE skill, and with the most recent hot fix cardinal sent out.  I should be able to grind mobs a decent amount and gather the col we'd need.
     "How do you feel about this?"

@Eatos @Stryder

Eatos kept a straight, passive face as she absorbed the information given to her by Domarus. She believed herself to be a good judge of people, at least, a lot better than she was when she was 16. While it appeared that Domarus wanted nothing but good, there was a part of her that just couldn’t shake the sense of familiarity. There was just something about him, that reminded her of a certain individual from the real world who had, single-handedly, ruined her entire life. Were they so similar, masters of deception, or was she paranoid because Domarus shared his eyes?

The offer of protection given by Domarus was to be expected, she had set up his opening as she had made it clear her guild didn’t have many combatants on their roster. However, the mentioning of the guild hall quickly caught her ears, and a soft smile appeared on her face.

‘It always leads back to money’ she mused silently ‘Unlike the real world, Domarus has placed a clear intention here. An alliance of money, but one that clearly favours him. He wants a guild hall, and will use my guild to ensure he gets it. The obvious issues are that once he has what he wants, he could very easily just cut us off’ She took a deep breath. Was he that sinister, or was her mind playing it out all wrongly?

“So you’re in need of financial assistance over the rest” She said softly “While your proposal does bring some merit towards it, there are a few things I must take into account before I consider agreeing. After all, guild halls are rather expensive. We’re been saving for some time to purchase our own, so while the offer to share is ideal, it will still result in our guild lacking while yours will grow upon the purchase…” The girl was simply stating fact. A guild hall was a catalyst to bring players in, an incentive. Even sharing it, Domarus would be the owner and the one who could dictate….

The girls blood turned to ice as her amber eyes hardened, looking right at Domarus as something, an idea, crystallised in her mind. While she prayed it was unlikely, there was a cold truth. It would be the approach she would take if she was Domarus. If her intention was, not only to build up the number of members within her own guild, but start absorbing other guilds into its fold. And this would be the first step, ally with another guild. Get them close as trusted allies, then offer to merge the guild and power structure. Give the former leaders positions of power, but ensure they're underneath your own to keep control. A typical business unity deal. 

“I’m going to assuming that you have a record of how much Col your guild is in possession off, as well as how much the guild hall, plus all of its additions, will cost you, correct?” She asked, mostly banking to stall. There was no way Domarus didn’t know, hell Eatos knew since she doubted there would be a ton of deviation between her Guild Hall and Domarus’s. But it was a delay move, to give her mind time to analysis her own thinking. To consider if Domarus did have a second agenda, one that she knew she’d be doing in his place. Were people as cold as her? She silently prayed not.

Domarus' amber eyes kept calm and cool, almost content like, betraying nothing of the vicious fire that intended to swallow up the entire world and reshape it as he saw fit.  His posture was relaxed as if he were talking with friends, family even, rather than a business partner.  Keres sat as she always did, in a maid like manner.  Rhozarth just rested up above watching them all with prideful eyes.  Eatos kept a passive look but he already knew that she was anything but passive right now, even if she didn't show it.  He saw it moments before, if only a flicker.  That was all he needed.  He knew her mind was acting like a machine right now, gears moving quickly as she processed his words and what they could possibly mean.  She was doubtful.  As everyone was and should be.  Regardless, this woman would fall for his facade like everyone did.  You couldn't suspect someone forever after all.  Especially when they do nothing but good deeds for others.  He saw her soft smile and knew those gears would quicken their pace.  The question was, what was she questioning now?  He didn't know what she was thinking, but the truth was Domarus wouldn't have cut her off.  He wouldn't have done anything to hurt his reputation in any form or any way.  He didn't know what she was questioning, but in the end he didn't need to.  She finally spoke up, stating how he needed financial aid above all else.  Domarus chuckled lightly and shook his head a little, but before he could reply she continued, and he let her.  When she did he nodded.

"It's a request and nothing more.  You don't have to agree to it.  Should you accept it we'd have everything in the guild hall open and available to you.  While most others would just be given a place to stay, we'd be more than happy to offer the guildhall's unique benefits, as well as help you get your own guild hall of course.  If you are concerned it will take your guild hall longer because of financial issues with this proposal then you don't need to agree to it.  If that's the case we'll do what we can on our end to gather the necessary col."  Suddenly her eyes hardened, her posture stiffened.  Domarus acted like he noticed this but didn't make much out of it.  When really he wondered if she did so out of anger, fear, or just focus.  Regardless of what it was, she spoke again and this time she mentioned something interesting.  When she finished he blinked to seem a bit surprised that this conversation came out of nowhere.

"Until the guild grows and we gain a treasurer yes.  My col is the only guild col currently:  seventy seven thousand five hundred and sixty eight.  We need one hundred eighty five thousand col to get this guild hall.  Why do you ask?"  ...She's stalling.  Why would she stall for something like this?  What does she need to stall for?  At any rate, she now knows that I'm the only one who's providing for the guild until we get more members, and that all I have is seventy seven thousand five hundred col.

@Embers

@Stryder

Edited by Domarus

A request? The girls amber eyes didn’t move away from him, she wasn’t sure if she could afford too. She couldn’t show a sign of weakness, yet she wanted to talk to Stryder. She had done her research on Domarus and his guild. Their record was perfect. Active against crime guilds, alongside Hestia and the Holy Dragon Alliance. Unified with the front lines, if lacking the members to fight on them. Her informants had even found that he’d actively taken in children for their own protection. Everything they found on him, even had dug up about him and his maid, came to the same conclusion. They wanted the best for everyone. He was no business man, and yet, despite his informal appearance that he’d arrived in, all she could hear was the voice of her mother.

‘Too err on the side of caution is correct, but to remain static is to die’

Eatos let out a soft hum as Angel, the girls large Husky, leapt up onto the couch and into the girls lap “A-angel!” She said with a harsh tone, but despite it, she smiled and gave the husky the attention it had been seeking. But it gave her the delay she wanted, that she needed. While part of her wanted nothing more than to believe Domarus was what he seemed, it was his eyes. They were identicle to Adams, the shape, the colour, and the same way that she swore there was something within them, laughing, mocking her. Was it real, or was her mind recreating her tormentor once again?

“Two-Hundred Thousand…” She echoed, quickly doing the maths. Domarus was far away from his target. 108,432 Col to be specific. And collecting gold alone, there was plenty to do. He had mentioned that he was the solo earner for his entire guild, meaning his position was ‘weaker’, she could shift her weight a little more. The amount as well was most interesting. According to her maths, a guild hall shouldn’t be that expensive even fully decked out. He was overestimating the cost by 20,000, unless he was making the guild hall a home for Player Killers, or at least, the option for Player Killers to enter. She let out a soft breath. It seemed that stalling, had indeed, given her what she wanted. An idea, an ‘opening’. Even if Domarus indeed wasn’t evil, if he did mean nothing but the best for the players. Then there would be no harm in a little game, a little test. If he was true in his intentions, he would see this as her accepting his offer. While in Eatos’ reality, it was a compromise and a stalling tactic. She needed time to short herself out, and speak to Stryder without an audience.

“An alliance is one I do agree on, as it benefits both factions. The way I see it, we can suit one another’s needs perfectly well. While our treasury lacks a large quantity of col, we could conduct regular hunting. Myself and Stryder will go with you. Of course, you’re welcome to bring members from your guild, as we may bring some of our weaker members to witness what is occurring. We’ll ensure the col is distributed from our hunting” Although by what means, that would be debatable at the time “So what do you think Domarus? A hunting trip on one of the upper floors, with some of the stronger members in each guild. What do you say?”  

Once again the girl fell silent as she slipped into deep thought.  Her mind calculating, thinking, analyzing.  He didn't know what she'd be seeing, though it couldn't be anything bad.  His posture, attitude, tone, even his eyes betrayed none of the person he truly was.  He would seem like an honorable man to most people, wanting nothing but to help others where and when they needed it.  Of course, she could just be seeing what she wanted to see like that obnoxious Hestia had.  If that were the case he needed to persuade her quickly and efficiently..  No that's how he lost Hestia.  He needed to take his time.  He couldn't rush this.  If he did he risked exposing himself to her and her guild.  He'd need to play this carefully.  The first part by giving her no reason to suspect him.  If she made her suspicions open in any way he'd simply use logic to force her into a corner and make a decision:  Act on nothing but feeling and emotion that had no proof it was valid in any way.  Or to accept what her mind and senses were telling her which was that everything Domarus said and did was true. It was nothing more than a game he'd played a million times.  The only reason he failed with Hestia was he had missed one of his journal entries that betrayed his nature.  If her sister hadn't existed he'd simply imprison her or have her tailed.  Or threaten the lives of her guild mates.  With her sister however, it made things a hell of a lot more complicated.
     When Angel leaped onto her lap Domarus laughed a little at her reaction.  Not in a mocking way, more like a friend or average person would at the amusement in the whole thing.  Something else he noted was that Stryder wasn't really doing anything here.  Domarus had officially decided that this wasn't actually his guild.  It was Eatos' guild and he was her general.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Why else would he just let her make all the decisions here.  In Domarus' mind he was here for show, for nothing but an approval stamp.  When she said two hundred thousand he shook his head.

"No, not two hundred thousand.  Unfortunately one of the rooms is only available with a player killing guild, which we refuse to be.  The cost we need is one hundred and eighty five thousand.  Fifteen hundred col less, but still far more than I currently have."  He listened as she essentially struck a counter proposal.  To begin conducting col raiding sessions and just fighting together to collect col as a group.  He could see what the real purpose behind this whole thing was of course.  Not only was it an excuse to get out of his proposal.  Not only was it a way to delay things so she could think about this more.  It was an alternate way to learn about him, by seeing him and his guild in action.  And she wouldn't be disappointed.  He couldn't bring Embers, that was a fact.  She was too wild and aggressive for something as important as this.  He'd bring the twins and possibly the steampunk player.  He pretended like he was thinking about the proposal for a moment, even though he had made the decision only a few seconds after she proposed it.  He nodded.

"Sounds fair.  Allows us to get to know each other, and gives me some col grinding partners.  The only other strong member of my guild able to reap a good amount of col is.  Well busy, so I'll be bringing in some newcomers.  They are strong enough to handle the weaker mobs as long as we don't choose a very high floor, but I doubt they'll gather much col."

@Eatos

Sky now finally had somethign to chime in with after listening to the two talking for what felt like forever. The battle was sharp, the two of them trying to get exactly what they wanted from the other person. He was very glad that he had Eatos here to do this for him, he knew that without a doubt, he would have fallen to Dom's wishes at the very start of this whole discussion, and he had a feeling if he had been in her place, he would have put his entire guild at a disadvantage. But this, was something he could support, with them both heading out as a party, and gathering together. And while he wasn't certain, he had a big of a feeling Eatos wanted something else as well. 

But, throughout the entire discussion thus fair, one thing had stuck with him. Dom's guild, more specifically, the strength of his guild. It was weak, and so far it sounded like this guy had grand plans. His mind started racing as he came back to this, thinking about how each section would come together with his small size, and how, in a strategy game, one would do this.

In a strategy game, one would try and use others to get what they want, which is obviously what both of us are trying to do... But he has such little to offer, just like us. He is working on becoming that, but he has such grand plans, he must have something in place already... We will need to be careful- i just don't trust this at all. Something about this guy, feels fake. He is just to perfect, i can't see any flaws in him

His best idea was that Domarus would try and 'hire' his guild, to use as mercenaries against others or whatever he could have a use for. That was how a strategist would do it, however they would try and send the mercenaries into a deathtrap the moment they outlived there usefulness, to make sure they don't impose a threat against him. He made a mental note to make sure that doesn't happen. He remembered then, that  Embers was in there guild, someone he hadn't seen in awhile, and he knew her combat ability was pretty good, despite her being a bit wild.

"If i may say something here about who to bring. Other than me and Eatos, i have one member i wish to bring along, he is a  few levels higher than me thanks to help from some others, and thus is suitable to join us on the higher floors. I would also request that you bring along Embers. I know she is in your guild, and i have seen her combat prowess first hand, besides it would be good practice for her" 

He says this with full clarity. It is true he is no diplomat, but he needed to do his best right now.

Domarus noted from the way Stryder looked at him and the way he spoke, that he was at least a little bit suspicious of Domarus.  No worries, that would be quelled eventually.  Especially when he began hearing all of the rumors of him and his guild.  Most of the rumors were of him helping people on a personal level across the floors. From floor one to floor nine he was very well known as a very nice, kind and honorable man who would help anyone if they need it.  As well as a strong warrior and protector who wouldn't hesitate to take down an enemy threatening or bullying other's lives.  On floor ten and above he was simply known as a strong warrior.  If players listened carefully they would hear the occasional rumor that he had made mistakes in the past, and saw this world as a chance to redeem himself, though not a single rumor shared any hint that these mistakes were crimes like murder, or anything else along those lines.  A rather recent rumor that was exploding around was the one where Domarus had aided one or two players in taking down two player killer guilds, erasing them from Aincrad.  No one had directly asked Domarus just yet so it had yet to be truly confirmed, but the strength of the rumors was strong.  Those rumors combined with Domarus' mastery of deception.  He believed he had the ability to sway Stryder over.  When Stryder mentioned wanting to bring another member he nodded with a smile.

"I look forward to meeting him then!"

@Stryder @Eatos

The girl smiled internally, he had noticed. She went too high to see how he’d react. If he agreed with the number she put, then her alarms would have gone off. Maybe he really was here for the best of the people? She let out a short breath as she stroked her familiars head, the husky letting out a soft growl as she did. The hunting party idea was a solid one, and yet, there was so much she could do during it. See Domarus in action, and speak to those under his care. Those in his guild, the children, would tell her everything. Tell if is Domarus was what he appeared, or was the man who would try and drive her to insanity.

Finally, Stryder spoke up. She knew that his appearance, and following silence, made a single statement. This was her guild, not his. While not entirely correct, there was some level of accuracy in that statement. He handled battle, she handled behind the scenes. And she smiled. Finally, he had done the one thing she wanted from him. He had dropped a single name. Embers. Eatos had met the girl several times, and while rude and blunt, she had an excellent read on people. She had sorted out her own secret before most, annoyingly. If Domarus was something else, that ginger would tell her.

“Well, then I’ll message with you details about our first joint-guild hunt. Hopefully it’ll be fruitful enough to be able to give us the right step” She said. She threw a glance at Stryder, silently thanking him for playing the only useful card he could. The card she was silently praying for him to play. If it came from her, it would be suspicious, but from Stryder, it would all work out fine. “I hate to cut this off, but I did promise to meet a friend of mine down on the 2nd floor today and I shouldn’t keep them waiting. If there anything else that you want to discuss now, or shall we do it on the hunt?” She asked. She knew her sentence sprung the end of the meeting, partly because she had much to consider before their guilds went out of this hunt.