[F1] [Open] Decisions, Decisions.

James had idled on Floor 1 long enough, in his own opinion. Yet, before he was going to move onto another floor he had to have the skills he needed in order to survive. It was as simple as that, to be honest. Thus, he had to know a Profession. However, he was unsure as to which one would be the best choice for him. On the one hand, being able to blacksmith would be good. After all, if he could make any swords that he required for himself, that would give him a distinct advantage. It would also allow him to earn COL rather quickly, by blacksmithing weapons for the players. Thus, he could avoid the bulk of the actual dying part, for himself. Tailoring was also a good option, though. Players needed clothing, and might pay more Col for that. Cooking was also an option, because they needed food in order to replenish their HP "How do I make up my mind?" asked James, as he walked through the town of beginnings.  "Which career path is the one for me?"  James knew he needed to make up his mind on this. Cook,  Blacksmith, or Tailor. Those were the three professions he was considering. Really he wished firearms were an acceptable weapon in the Game, because they would certainly be useful for him,  in hunting, and what not. 

@Reinholt

@Itzal

Itzal walked through the town of beginnings wearing his deep purple trench coat, silver vest and black pants, holding a box of fresh pizza he had just bought.  Velnia, his purple and hyperactive dragon, kept trying to find a way around Itzal's arms to get into the box, but of course he kept her away from them.  He had three boxes to save over the course of the next three days, and was holding them in one hand, while using the other to keep her at bay.  "Velnia stop being gluttonous!  Give me three seconds to put this in my inventory you greedy little..  There!"  The boxes vanished as she charged forward, missing the virtual data by a nano second and crashing into the ground.  Itzal laughed, his laughter only increasing when she looked at him and grinned, her face being upside down as she was on her back.  She quickly shot back into the air and shot all over the place.  Itzal shook his head with a big grin on his face.  "Come on Velnia get it together.  We came here for a reason didn't we?  Come on, let's get some materials.  Maybe someone needs assistance and we could help, who knows?"

Reinholt had been wondering the 1st floor, fairly bored to be honest. He was waiting to find a party to take on some of the tougher quests that were around his level, so he thought he could go out and see if he could help someone lower than him, or perhaps just gather some materials as he was -trying- to become a blacksmith. With a bored sigh he wonders, pretty aimlessly around with his thumbs tucked into his belt.

He wore his Dragon bone armor, mainly because he never knew where the day would take him and wanted to be prepared if he had to jump in and help someone or ran into a bigger monster down here. Man, i need to find a party, or maybe just join a guild. I should be grinding levels right now. He heard a player speak, talking about a profession. Then he sees another player with a Dragon Familiar who seemed to be playing with his familiar. He walks toward the first player, the one who who spoke of deciding his profession and offers a smile. "I've decided on Blacksmith myself. I haven't became one yet, but I'm working on it."

"A blacksmith, huh?" asked James, as he thought about it. What he might be able to do is gather enough players to the various professions, and then perhaps unite them under his lead. Doing so would enable him to shut down the Death Game known as "SAO" sooner, rather than later. Sure he might not care about the causes of the other players, but he had his own cause he wanted to achieve, and that was winning the game for himself.  On the one hand, the mere idea of forming a party didn't appeal.

However, it was going to be essential in the long run if he was to succeed at his goals. Currently his goals amounted to leveling himself up, and getting some training in. Sure he had a Rare Quality Blade at his disposal, but he had no practice, and didn't know how to use it properly. There was something he was going to have to remedy for himself.   "I can't decide between Chef, Tailor, or Blacksmith, to be honest. Between the three of them, Chef, and Tailor are appealing, but Blacksmith also has it's perks. So I'm trying to figure out which I should do. Do you have any suggestions?" 

Itzal was walking through the town when he spotted two players talking.  It seemed rather normal for him of course so he planned to walk on....  Buuuut Velnia had other ideas.  The purple dragon's head perked up at the sight of them and she shot over to the player who wanted to figure out what profession he wanted in the first place ( @Datasage no description so no idea what he looks like).  "Velnia stop!"  He ran after her but was unable to stop her from doing her usual greeting.  She flew in front of the player and looked directly into his eyes for a full minute.  She then decided she liked him, landed on him, and crawled over every inch with insane lightning speed.  She stopped on his shoulder and licked his cheek, rubbing her head against his cheek.  Itzal sighed when he caught up.  "I'm sorry sirs, Velnia can be a little..  Random and hyperactive.  My name is Itzal, nice to meet you both....  Couldn't help but overhear a few words as I rushed over to stop her though.  One of you planning to get a profession?"

"I mean, they each have pro's and con's but it just mainly depends on what you.." He is interrupted by the purple dragon that flew between them. It hovered there for a minute then started running all over the Player. Chuckling, Reinholt steps back and runs a hand through his beard. That thing was lightning fast and soon stopped on the players shoulder and licks his cheek. Just then the other player he had saw, the owner of the dragon, comes over and apologizes. "No apologies needed, from me at least." He was still chuckling softly. The second player introduced himself as Itzal, the name sounded vaguely familiar but Reinholt shrugs it off. "Names Reinholt, I'm planning to become a blacksmith. This guy doesn't know what he wants to do though, i think he had narrowed it down to a couple options." He tucks his thumbs into his belt, looking between Itzal and the other player, and the pretty cool purple Dragon.

As the purple dragon went all over him, it tickled, and James started laughing a little. "Hahahahstop it!"   He managed to hold out until the creature discontinued the action of going all over him and the other new person. "You can call me Datasage, or James. Anyway, I on winning the death game, and taking it's programmer down a peg or two, once I am strong enough to properly do so, and have had a lot more experience for myself. "  James wiped the saliva off his cheek. "I'm going to need to get new clothes for myself. This white coat is merely vanity, and provides no advantage, unlike I'm going to need. I'll need to learn how to use my sword properly, as well. Let's see here. What are the pros and cons of each profession?" 

Itzal nodded to Reinholt and shook hands with James with a smile.  "Reinholt, James.  Nice to meet you both!  And while I'm all for taking this game down, I'm pretty sure Kayaba has a plan for after we win or lose this game.  If we want to outsmart him and take him out for good we'll need to know what his plans are.  And quite frankly it's looking a bit impossible from down here,"  he said with a shrug.  "So we focus on the present and let tomorrow work itself out.  Anyways professions...  Well blacksmiths are able to craft weapons and heavy armor, you can see the obvious pros there.  Every time you move up a tier you can just craft your own equipment, and others would come to you for weapons and armor as well.  Tailors can only make light armor and plushies, so you'll likely get less customers that way but players like myself would still come to you.  Then there are artisans which we are in very short supply of who can make items that buff players for combat."  Itzal gestured to Velnia and the hyperactive dragon shot over to Itzal, landing on his shoulder and curling up.
     "Then there are consumable makers.  There are alchemists who make items that give buffs for combat whether it's health, teleportation, damage and mitigation, etc.  There are cooks which we're also in low supply of who craft utility items, and example being plus LD.  They also make items that stack with combat buffs and can make feasts which are very useful.  And then there is performer which is a profession that crafts debuff items and items that make monsters drop better quality loot.  They are a great profession for yourself, but likely the only customers you'll get will be the frontliners if they need them, or from people looking to take on event bosses.  Make sense?"

This guy super Knowledgeable. Reinholt thought to himself as he listened to Itzal. Once he finished Reinholt nods."I personally like the idea of being able to make my own weapons and heavy armor, that way I can adjust things slighly depending on the quest or boss, without having to have a bunch of armor custom made. Between waiting and putting out all my Col, it just made sense to me to be able to do these things myself." He touches the breastplate of his armor and then his sword. "While these are high quality items, they aren't exactly what I'm looking for as far as stats or just general cosmetic look. But they are better than what I had so I'll gladly take it." He pauses for a moment with a slight smile. "The downside for me is I won't be able to make very many non combat items, so if I want something to boost my looting ability or anything along those lines I'll have to go to someone else."

"Hmm, I believe I've made up my mind," said James, as he looked at the both of them. There were very few chefs, and in doing so, he'd earn the means to pay for the eventual acquisition of equipment, and clothing for himself. Cooking wasn't that hard, if it was anything like he had done back home. Of course, learning how to do it would be the hard part. Still, it should be relatively easy for him to level up enough to get the skills he needed.  "I'll go with cook."  Cooking was not his first choice, but it seemed to be a position where he'd have a limited amount of competition. If he did this, he could determine how much competition he'd have. And once he had learned about his competition levels, if need be, he could change profession. It shouldn't be that hard, for him to change from Chef, to Blacksmith, or Tailor. In any case he had a long way to go before he could consider himself ready to leave the first floor. 

Edited by Datasage

Itzal nodded to Reinholt.  "Pretty much.  I'm a performer myself, but I try to save any high value crafts for the front lines when the time comes.  One thing you guys will learn to be difficult is finding materials as well.  Without a sufficient amount of a particular stats it can be hard to find.  Of course, if you're like me and take the scout route.  Then finding materials can be far easier."  James spoke up next, stating that he made up his mind and stated that he would go with a cook.  Itzal nodded with a smile.  "If you're active enough I'll be a daily customer.  I like to stack up on the LD buffs a cook can make, to help me find a lot of things.  Materials, better loot from monsters, dungeons, labyrinths.  That one stat is useful for so much...  Though in reality it doesn't do everyone too much."  Itzal put his hands in his pockets as he stood there.  "Still it's the build that I chose and it's the build I enjoy.  Whether it's useful or not doesn't matter too much to me really."