(PP-F3) Maze of the Minos <<Search for the Hoya>>

Ben gave Dazia a little push forward as she bounced back to give the Minotaur another thrashing.  Unfortunately, in just a few seconds after he healed her up she got slammed back into the wall, hard.  Dazia, oh gods are you OK?  He quickly ran back up behind her, letting her use his help to regain her balance.  How about we try this a different way- I'll stay right behind you and help give you a boost.  Or patch you up if need be.  He put his hand against her back, enough that she could feel him behind her.  I know you can do this, just keep your wits with you, and we'll take that monster down.  He pushed some more of his energy through to her, making sure that she was topped up on health.  She was quite confident, but he was still worried about a big fight like this.  Ben didn't want to think about what he would do if anything went wrong because he dragged them here.

-----------------

+1 EN at start of turn

Ben used first aid on Dazia - +16 hp recovered!

-1 energy for using first aid

Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 34/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

Dazia: HP 220/220, EN 18/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

@Dazia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dazia had already guessed that this monster had been in plenty of battles. It had predicted her actions in a streak of attempts. Dazia had to figure something else out. Benjamin came asking if she was alright. "I'm fine...I'm just sick of this prediction streak the Minotaur has." Benjamin offered his suggestion on how they could proceed from here, and placed his hand on her back. Benjamin told Dazia to just keep her wits with her, and they would take the monster down. Then he healed her again. She tried to recall different times where there was an opponent that kept predicting her moves, then she remembered that time from years back. While she was young, she wanted to keep herself toughened up, so she took two slim PVC pipes she had found, and walked up to her older brother, Aurelius, the eldest one, and asked to spar with him. During that spar, Violet had found herself getting knocked back over and over again. Aurelius shook his head and sighed. "Honestly, Violet, you're too predictable. You'll never win in a fight like this. You need to learn to fight in a manner which it will either be hard or impossible for your opponent to guess your next move." He began walking back to the door until he was suddenly struck from behind. "Agh! What the- Oh, I see, well then, let's see what you've REALLY got!" This memory from her past just might apply here... "I've got an idea. I once sparred with my older brother when I was young. I know of a tactic that got me the upper hand, and it might work here. I'll need a boost when the timing is right." The Minotaur began heading towards her. "Steady...easy does it...aaaaand...." The window of opportunity came. She moved towards the monster, and she jumped back to Benjamin when it swung it's blade. "Now!" That push was all that was needed to propel her enough to do this. She advanced towards the monster, then slid under it, proceeding to jump with a 180 and strike the Minotaur from behind using Quadruple Pain. The Minotaur had realized what had happened, then it suddenly turned around faster than Dazia could anticipate, slamming her to the wall yet again. The prediction streak had ended, but the slamming seemed to persist...how annoying.

@Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 101742 BD: 5+1=6(Hit), MD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

Quadruple Pain: 5x4=20

Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 34/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

[1] Dazia: HP 202/220, EN 12/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 25/45, 30 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Benjamin listened to Dazia's plan- it was crazy, but it sounded like something she would do.  All right, ready! he shouted as she prepared for her strike, and gave her the push she needed to jump at the minotaur and score a big hit.  Before a cheer could come out of his mouth, the monster slammed her into the wall once again.  You're going to pay for that you stupid pile of pixels. Ben yelled, propelling himself forward to strike the enemy in the back, and hoping that would get it off of Dazia for a bit.  His strike hit home, and he twisted the blade into the minotaur's side, knocking it off balance from the pain.  He hoped it would buy them enough time to take this thing out before it's next attack.  Especially now that the minotaur was turning back to look at him, angrily.  Time to finish this thing off Dazia... please?  

@Dazia

--------------------------------------------

+1 EN at start of turn

ID# 101792 BD: 6+1=7(Hit)

Side Bite Sword Art: 3x2=6 

Hoya Minotaur is stunned!

-5 EN

[1] Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 34/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

[1] Dazia: HP 202/220, EN 15/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 19/45, 30 DMG [Stunned]

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Benjamin chose to retaliate, saying to the Minotaur was going to pay for what it did. He made a cut in the monster's HP and stunned it to boot. Now was the time. Just another hit should do it! The fact that she was slammed into the floor once, and the wall twice, might have made all the difference here, for she somehow missed by about an inch. There was nothing good about that. She really needed to step up her game, and learn as much as she could when it came to determining distance and timing...or not be dazed and weary from being slammed into stone three times in a row. "Hmph...that worked." Yinangi was hoping for the final blow. "Come on, come on...argh, so close!" Honestly, this could have been over already. A while ago, even. Dazia placed a hand on her tingling forehead. Maybe she actually was weary from being slammed into stone.

@Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 101841 BD: 3+1=4(Miss) (OOC: I really need to get some Accuracy equipment for my character. It's not like her to miss this often, especially with a stunned or immobilized target...and yet those dice beg to differ.)

[Stun refrains Hoya Minotaur from taking action]

[1] Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 30/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

[1] Dazia: HP 202/220, EN 10/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 19/45, 30 DMG [Stun immunity: 2 turns]

Edited by Dazia

Ben kept up his attack against the minotaur, swiping repeatedly with his daggers, trying to keep it's attention.  Dazia was having trouble landing a solid blow on the target, so he was hoping to keep it's attention on him until she could finish this monster off.  Ben knew that his blows would not be able to deal nearly enough damage to down this guy, and was settling for keeping it busy.  Unfortunately, his swipes of his blades were doing nothing but poking at the minotaur's heavily armored skin, making it even angrier- if you could say that the minotaur could be angrier, since it just seemed to be mad at everything all the time.  He would have to stand his ground against the next attack that came so it coldn't get past him to Yinangi, and hope he had the hit points to soak up what this thing could dish out with it's counter attack.

-----------------------

+1 EN at start of turn

ID# 101887 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

-2 EN

[1] Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 29/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

[1] Dazia: HP 202/220, EN 14/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 19/45, 30 DMG [Stun immunity: 2 turns]

@Dazia

The Minotaur had it's gaze on Benjamin, and Dazia had noticed this. She wasn't going to just let this slide. She was going to finish this fight before it had a chance to strike. "I won't allow you to do that." The Minotaur raised it's weapon to strike Benjamin, but it stopped suddenly, it's legs grew weak, and collapsed under the monster's weight, then it fell to the ground the rest of the way as it's HP depleted to zero. Dazia was behind the monster, and from what Yinangi could tell, she had just finished an attack. Dazia sheathed her rapier, now that the battle was over. Yinangi had one last thing to say on this matter. "Olé!" The bullfighting joke still stuck around to the end, it seemed. Dazia looked to Benjamin. "So...what do you suggest we do now?" The problem was that during the fight, Dazia had forgotten all knowledge of their current position within the maze. Maybe Benjamin still knew something. She would have actually gotten lost on her own, now that she had thought about it.

@Benjamin Bookworm

10 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal

ID# 101973 BD: 8+1=9(Hit), MD: 2-3=1(Miss)

Quadruple Pain: 5x4=20

Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 29/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

Dazia: HP 202/220, EN 6/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 0/45, 30 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Ben stayed in his stance, tensed up and ready to get hit, for a few more seconds after the minotaur was killed.  He finally let out the breath he was holding, glad that he was not being slammed into the floor like a pancake.  Thanks for the save Dazia.  That... was a bit more of a fight than I'd hoped for.  He looked around at the aftermath of the fight, and quickly checked back to see in Yinangi was still in one piece, which she thankfully was.  Well, I think we take a few seconds to catch our breath real quick.  Then we turn towards that hallway the enemy came from, and start the same search pattern we tried before.  We at least kept our bearings and didn't get lost, so it should give us a good chance of making our way through the deeper parts of the maze without getting lost.  I just hope we can avoid the other minotaur in the maze- I've heard stories of some parties meeting two of them at once. 

@Dazia

• 3 weeks later...

Dazia listened carefully to Benjamin's suggestion. "Alright then. I'm sure we can continue on. If we do encounter the other Minotaur, at least I will know what we're up against. However, I wouldn't mind a dumber opponent, despite that I wasn't harmed too badly in this fight...but you did heal me. Thanks." Yinangi looked over to an indent in the wall. "Hey, what could that be?" Dazia looked over. There was a shape over there, but the only thing Dazia could tell was that it seemed to be an inanimate object. She walked over slowly, hoping that it was an inanimate object, and nothing else. It was a little rough to make out certain things in the mist, but at least it wasn't too thick. Dazia saw nothing dangerous, so her nerves relaxed. It was nothing special, just a stone brazier, probably meant for lighting the maze, and possibly keeping it warm, but it was unlit. "It's just a stone brazier, Yinangi." Yinangi then asked, "Is there anything in it?" Dazia shook her head. "Nope, just some ashes." She looked to her HP and Energy meters. They were pretty fine, so it was safe to keep going. "Guess we'll have to keep going."

@Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 102578 LD: 11(No chest found)

Edited by Dazia

Well, that's no problem at all.  I don't want to see my friends hurt, even just for the fight.  Besides, I was the one that asked for help, with my complete lack of combat skills and all.  Ben told her as he holstered his dagger once again, getting ready to try and keep track of which route that they had taken through so far.  He really had trouble of keeping track of where he was without a GPS on hand.  He let out a sigh, once more thinking about things through the lens of the real world- which wouldn't help him out here. 

He saw Yinangi and Dazia inspecting the wall, looking for something there.  Man, I hope they don't have any secret passages in this maze.  That would make things even harder to find the end.  Unless it's just a bunch of extra treasures and stuff they hid somewhere.  Which sounds way too much like something the designers would do. 

@Dazia

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: On my next post, I would like to try and have Dazia sneak past the approaching sounds. If she succeeds, the thread shall continue normally. If she fails, the second Minotaur will be encountered. How does that sound?)

Benjamin seemed to hope that there wasn't any secret passages in the maze, that it would make it even harder to find the end. Yinangi would respond with, "Unless said passage lead us directly to what we came for." Dazia had some words for what Benjamin said next. "I do admit, it would be nice to have a little extra reward for all of this, but we shouldn't get too sidetracked, lest we get ourselves lost." The players would continue traversing through the maze, and after about five minutes, Dazia stopped suddenly. The pounding of heavy footsteps could be heard, their destination unknown the players were at yet another intersection within the maze, so there were three possibilities as to where the footsteps were coming from, and there were plenty of possibilities as to where they would go. "What to do about this..." She looked towards the other two players. "I can't tell if that is headed in our direction, but I can try and slip past. I can signal you if the coast is clear, but we shouldn't be too surprised if that's the second Minotaur that we're hearing..."

@Benjamin Bookworm

(OOC- go for it.  That sounds fun.)

They walked through more of the turns in the maze, Ben's feet getting tired as he did so.  He was really nervous and strained as he walked, watching each turn for new dangers.  When Dazia went to scout ahead, Ben nodded in agreement.  Good luck.  We'll stay back here waiting. he whispered as she left, sliding back into one of the alcoves to stay hidden.  He signaled for Yinangi to come back there as well instead of just looking out there. 

The minotaur's steps grew ever closer with each second, Ben held his breath, trying to stay as quiet as he possibly could.  He could hear the thumping of his heart, the slight shake as his weapon vibrated in his hand, and even his familiar hiding under his scarf.  At least he was hiding quietly.  He really hoped that Dazia could pull this off-  getting themselves knocked around by another minotaur would be way too risky this far into the dungeon. 

@Dazia

Yinangi remained with Benjamin, waiting to see what would happen, and Dazia began making her way to the other side of the intersection. Her footsteps were light, and when she felt the trembling footsteps coming her way, she went straight to the wall, her back against it. She closed her eyes, breathed in lightly, and as little as possible, as she waited for the approaching creature to pass by. The footsteps stopped, but perhaps it was too soon? They could be felt the most and heard the loudest at this point, so why did the footsteps cease? Unless... Dazia hesitantly opened her eyes, hoping it wasn't true. The first thing she saw were a pair of eyes owned by a Minotaur sizing her up. It had an unimpressed expression on it's face, and in it's right hand was a mace, rather than an axe. "Well, this is just perfect..." She thought.

ID# 104018 LD: 8(Failed, Dazia has been spotted!)

@Benjamin Bookworm

Dazia: HP 220/220, EN 22/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Ben kept himself and Yinangi quiet and still.  Dazia hadn't given the signal yet... it looked like something had gone wrong.  Yinangi, stay here and don't move.  I'll be right back. Ben told her as he crept out of the alcove.  His weapon was readied, but shaking a bit.  His hope that it was just his nerves was dashed when he came across the sight of the second Minotaur, it's massive bulk towering above Dazia as she pressed against the wall.  Without thinking, he threw himself into a run at the monster driving his weapon deep into its back as he let out a wild scream.  The monster bellowed back, swinging wildly to try and return the favor, only to find that Ben's sword art had slowed it down.  Ben quickly took a few steps back as the enraged beast turned its full attention on him.  At least we have it surrounded now... he tried to joke with a shaky laugh.  Though I will mention my healing abilities can't actually be used on myself...

---------------

Combat:
(Combat die roll ID 104108)

Ben uses Side bite sword art (BD 5+1=6) Hit!  Minotaur is Stunned! [-5 EN]
Ben deals (3x2=6) 6 Damage

MD 10 - Minotaur is Stunned, and takes no action!

[H:1] Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 31/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

Dazia: HP 220/220, EN 22/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 39/45, 30 DMG (Stun immunity, 3 turns)

@Dazia

• 5 weeks later...

Yinangi nodded in response to what Benjamin had told her. She poked her head out to see what would happen, assuming the Minotaur wouldn't pay enough attention to spot her. Dazia heard Benjamin let out a wild scream as he attacked the Minotaur from behind. The Minotaur turned its full attention to Benjamin. This was her chance to attack. She attacked using the Sword Art known as Quadruple Pain, depleting the monster's HP to the yellow, almost to the red. This might be easier than she originally thought. "Thanks for the help." She said with a light half smile, knowing that he not only dealt damage and stunned the monster, but he had also given Dazia a good opportunity to strike The Minotaur when it least expected it. Sure, it could spot a foe easier than Dazia anticipated, but it probably wasn't as skilled as the other that Dazia and Benjamin fought previously.

@Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 105479 BD: 9(Critical, +1 base DMG)

Quadruple Pain: 6x4=24

[H:1] Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 31/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

[2] Dazia: HP 220/220, EN 18/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 15/45, 30 DMG (Stun immunity, 3 turns)

Edited by Dazia

Ben breathed a sigh of relief as Dazia's strike dug into the back of the Minotaur, taking a huge chunk of health off of it with a single blow, and allowing Ben to dance around as it tried to keep track of both of them at once as he put more blows into the huge bulk presented to him.  Each of the strikes with his dagger didn't do much damage each, but it ticked the monster down to the red in its health quickly enough.  Ben's smile quickly faded as that helped the Minotaur made up his mind, and smashed it's huge club towards the back of the maze, catching Dazia off guard and slicing off a chunk of her health as she was tossed back.  Ben gritted his teeth at that- no monster was going to hurt his friend like that, and get away with it.  Dazia... please be OK. he thought as he struck again, trying to pull the enemy in his direction again. 

--------------

+2 EN at turn start

ID# 105793 BD: 5+1=6, HIT
Ben uses Round Accel sword art (BD 5+1=6) Hit!  [-2 EN]
Ben deals (3x2=6) 6 Damage

MOB die 9 - Critical Hit (+1 Dmg)
Minotaur deals 30+1-14= 17 DMG to Dazia

[H:2] Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 31/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

[H:2] Dazia: HP 203/220, EN 18/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 9/45, 30 DMG (Stun immunity, 2 turns)

@Dazia

• 11 months later...

The Hoya Minotaur wouldn't last so very long at this rate, and all that Dazia needed to do now was to finish it off with a simpler sword art. It had struck her with another foe-slamming strike, but it would be the last time Dazia took damage from such an unskilled foe. Unlike the other Hoya Minotaur, this one was clearly out of it's league. Dazia's best guess was that the one they fought previously was more skilled than this one, and had fought many opponents, triumphing over them all. This one didn't have the luxury of multiple victories. "Time to finish you off." Dazia said as she attacked it with the Sword Art known as Rip Ravine, finishing the monster off with two quick and simple slashes. The monster shattered, and that would be the end of the Hoya Minotaurs. "This one clearly wasn't as skilled as the last one. Who'd have thought it?"

@Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 122896 BD: 10(critical, +2 Base DMG)

Rip Ravine: 7x2=14

[H:2] Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 31/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

[H:4] Dazia: HP 203/220, EN 18/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 0/45, 30 DMG (Stun immunity, 2 turns)

Edited by Dazia

"Y-yea.... I'm glad it was.  I got a bit worried there when you were hit- I thought you might be in some trouble.  Guess I should have known you'd pull through." Ben said as he breathed a sigh of relief. "Usually I like playing the support in these adventures, but this game makes me really nervous when it's my friends getting injured like that." He looked over at Yinangi, who was still behind him, to check if she was still there as well.  At least everyone is in one piece.  Though they were still in the middle of this weird maze. "Um, so gals, I might need a little help re-orienting myself after that fight.  I kind of lost track of which way we came from." he said as he looked around for any familiar landmarks, hoping that they hadn't gotten themselves lost again. That would be quite bad if they had to wander around here any more than they had to.

@Dazia

Benjamin was relieved that it was over. He admitted that he liked to play the support role in games, but to see friends get injured brought him worry. "Well, seeing it like a harmless game is one thing, but I guess a virtual death game like this is another." Yinangi nodded her head. "Yeah, Kayaba took the words 'Virtual Reality' and took it to the next level, for sure!" Benjamin would admit that he lost the exact positions of the three during the fight. In response, Yinangi would simply head back over to where she walked to Benjamin from, and then say, "We came from over here in this corridor, does that help?" Dazia hoped it would. She focused on the fight more than direction, for she couldn't spread her mind out too far without hindering her mind from being able to focus on the battle properly. "This better work..." She thought.

@Benjamin Bookworm

"I... think so?  We should be getting somewhat close to the center by now with both of those minotaurs down, though I have no idea how many we actually have running around in here.  For all we know there's a whole herd of them running around in here." he said before pausing. "Actually, are they called a herd? No no never mind, that's not important."  He looked over in the direction that Dazia had pointed and considered it.  Seemed like the best way to go was the opposite one they had come from. "OK, we have a path to go in.  Um, though I will let you lead again, seeing as you're the one who kicks monster butt out here.  Me and Yinangi will back you up from the back."  He blushed a bit at this, but really wouldn't be much help if another monster came from the front.  His skills were mostly the healing abilities that he had and the large amount of items that he could craft, not his swords. 

@Dazia

Both Dazia and Benjamin had seen where they came from, thanks to Yinangi. Now Dazia only had to take the lead again, and begin traversing the maze once more. Dazia now hoped that there would be a way for the party to find their way back once they found the pendant. Even if they were to succeed in finding the pendant, it wouldn't be possible for there to be an exit there, if Minos had actually thought about more than just the minotaurs to guard his pendant, that the maze, there and back, would be a tricky situation in itself. "We will need to remember as much of the way we came from as we can. Most likely, there won't be an exit in the same room as the pendant." Yinangi would nod her head in agreement. "I'll do my best to keep that in mind." Dazia would look back to the party every once in a while to make sure no minotaurs were sneaking up on them from behind, and so far, there weren't.

@Benjamin Bookworm