[F3/PP] A Horn of a Good Time <<Search for the Hoya>>

Reinholt sat behind the counter of his shop, his feet propped up on it. He wore his black pants and tank top, with a plain brown leather apron on. With him being a new blacksmith he knew wouldn't get to much business, but he hadn't seen anyone all day. So opens his menu and starts to search for a player. After finding the player he smirks and starts to type out a message.

Spoiler

To: Stryder

Subject: Guardians of the New Dawn

Hey Stryder. Was given your name by a friend of mine, Pinball. I've been thinking about joining the Guardians of the New Dawn and would like to talk to you about it.

I have a quest that I accepted but haven't done it down on the 3rd floor. I'm going to head that way now and hang out by the warp gate in Delilah for awhile if you want to meet me there. Can't miss me. Blonde hair/beard, eye patch, dragon bone armor.

Reinholt Shield-Wolf.

He exits his messages and switches to his inventory screen. He changes into his Dragon Bone armor and equips Darukai, before closing his menus and rising to his feet. He exits his shop, making his way through Nimbus to the Warp gate. He warps to the 3rd floor and finds a bench near the gate and sits down, kicks his feet out and relaxes for either a response to his message or for the player to come meet him.

@Stryder

Sky groaned as he woke up on the third floor, having decided to take a nap in a tree in the square where the Warp Gate was located. He looked at his messages, the sound of it having woken him up. He had one from a.... Reinholt Shield-Wolf? Sky just blinked, having zero idea who that is. He opened it up, deciding to listen to it, mainly due to the subject being the fact it involved his guild. 

Spoiler

To: Stryder

Subject: Guardians of the New Dawn

Hey Stryder. Was given your name by a friend of mine, Pinball. I've been thinking about joining the Guardians of the New Dawn and would like to talk to you about it.

I have a quest that I accepted but haven't done it down on the 3rd floor. I'm going to head that way now and hang out by the warp gate in Delilah for awhile if you want to meet me there. Can't miss me. Blonde hair/beard, eye patch, dragon bone armor.

Reinholt Shield-Wolf.

He was a little suprised, Pinball had managed to recruit someone? His guild somehow had a great standing among players, he had no idea who actually knew about them, but he had seemed to amass more players that most guilds, even if most of them were low leveled. The higher ones was himself, Hydra, Pinball and Hei, the rest were all lower, but that was the main goal of his guild, to protect them and help them survive. 

He sat up, looking around and seeing someone wearing an eye patch with blond hair, wearing what looked to be dragon bone armor. Before he could jump, he felt something licking him, and with a grin, turned around, grabbing the wolf, but fell off in the process. 

"OH SHIIIT" 

He smacks into the ground, the wolf landing on top of him as he laughs a little, standing up. He was wearing all his combat gear, though it is very unlikely you could tell. He had a casual black jacket with a bright white star in the shape of a shield, unzipped, showing a white tank top. Further up his arm, a grey/silver with a emerald colour embeded in, armored wrist bands, and on his hands was his cursed guantlets, but no one knew what they were. They were grey, but looked.... 

"You Reinholt?"

Reinholt hadn't been sitting there very long when he hears someone shout and then spots a player just as he falls out of a tree, followed by a wolf that lands on top of him. Chuckling softly Reinholt watches as the player stands up and starts to walk toward him. After the player asks starts talking to him Reinholt nods and rises to his feet, offering his hand to be shook. IRL he would of been surprised to see someone still in their teens with such good intentions and the drive to lead people to a better tomorrow, but here in SAO it was fairly normal.

"I am. That must mean you're Stryder." He says offering a smile. "Thanks for meeting with me. I've been interested in your guild for awhile, but am just now at a place i feel like i would help more so a problem, if that makes sense." Granted, he wanted their help to grind his levels so he could make it to the front line, but was fully prepared to offer his skills and help in return.

Sky listened to him, smiling with his normal, calm genuine carefree smile. He shook his hand, before kneeling down, turning around instantly as he did so, to which behind him was his wolf, who had shyed away as Rein had walked over towards him. Sky was used to this, but it didn't stop him from just melting to the wolf. 

"Hey girl, Silver, this is business alright, don't worry, if he tries anything i'l protect you" He says to her, giving her a little pat on the head before standing up and turning back to Rein, instantly saying "Sorry, she is very shy, until she warms up to you, please don't try and touch her" He said, his mind flashing to when someone else had tried that, and she had instantly backed up and been insanely scared, to the point of whimpering. 

"And that would be me, yes! I am Stryder, the Lionheart of the Guardians of the New Dawn. I am the guild founder, the leader, and soon to be front liner representative of the New Dawn. I'l thank Pin later for getting you in contact with me, i'm honestly suprised, he is normally kind off... weird and off putting" He says, scratching his head a little, shrugging. 

"Did pin give you a trial by fire or anything?"

Reinholt listened quietly as he explained that his Familiar was shy and nods when asked not to bother her. "I dealt with canines alot IRL so I know full well how temperamental they can be. I'll let her come to me." He said in a respectful tone, his own mind flashing to a day IRL when an unfamiliar dog had sunk it's teeth into his arm. 

After Stryder introduces himself, he made a comment about Pinball that made Reinholt chuckle. Pinball was most certainly an odd duck, but that's part of the reason Reinholt liked him. "So you're headed to the frontlines? I respect that. I've slacked off way too much but now I am grinding my way to join the fight. But as far as Pinball recruiting me, I can't say he did much other than give me your name. I had heard about the Guardians and have been considering joining since I began the grind. I feel like we share many of the same values."

He pauses, his head tilted to the side. Trail by fire? I mean, we fought sand snake dude, but Pinball did all the work... He thought to himself before shaking his head. " We went on a quest together, but honestly he did most of the work. So I wouldn't call it a trail by fire."

He was glad that Rein knew how to handle a Wolf, meaning he didn't have to worry to much, unlike the others who always tried to touch her. He really hoped she would break out of that habbit soon... But, he was glad she was cautious. He then listened to how Rein said he had slacked off, like a lot of other people to be fair. He wanted to join the fight... Sky was glad, if this guy joined the guild then he would have a companion for the frontlines when he got strong enough, but that could take a good long time. He was glad Pin had taken him on a quest, and even though he hadn't done anything, at least he had stayed.

"Well, was there anything on this particular floor you were looking at doing? I'l come with ya on it, give ya a trial that way" He says, before putting a hand behind his back, patting his wolf who had come up wanting attention.

Reinholt opens his menu and makes a face as he scrolls through some stuff. After a couple moments he swipes his menu closed and nods his head. He had accepted <<Search for the Hoya>> but never actually got around to doing it. Go, fight some Minotuar get some pendant. Didn't sound hard. He had planned on doing it Solo, but he guessed it never hurt to have some back up just in case.

"Yeah. I planned on going to kill some Mino for a pendant or some such. Don't have much use for the pendant I don't think, but I could use the XP. I had planned on going solo but I guess if there has to be a trial by fire then let's be on our way." With a wolfish grin he steps around Stryder, being mindful to stay wide of the wolf and starts to walk away. "To the Forest of Wavering Mist." Hopefully he wouldn't make a total fool of himself infront of Stryder. But either way, from what he'd headed of the minotaurs he could take them solo pretty easy, even if they are a couple levels higher than He was, so he wasn't too concerned.

Killing a Minotaur? That was something he had done a fair amount of times, and at this point it was childsplay, but at least it was something to do, something to see what this guy was like. Sky started wondering, should he fake take a hit just to see his reaction? See what his real drive is... Maybe, as long as Pin hadn't told Rein anything about Sky, he could do so. He grinned, watching as the ballsy bastard stalked around him, then walked off towards the forest, the mirage forest. The forest that sends you north but you end up south, but... It could be fun.

"I may as well tag along, iv got nothing else to do that's worth anything" He said with a bit of a relaxed, but way to carefree tone as he casually walks past him. 

Silver had stayed close to Sky, and when they started walking she had walked by his side, on the opposite side to where Rein was.

Together, they moved across the third floor at a fairly quick pace. Reinholt was excited to join the Guardians of the New Dawn, to be part of something bigger than himself. Plus Styder was headed to the frontlines? With a nod he smiles to himself. I think I've made the right decision. He thought to himself. Between fighting in the frontline and helping other players, the Guardians of the New Dawn sounded like a perfect fit.

"What do you expect from your Guild, Stryder? What would be expected of me after I join?" He asked as they walked. He could see the forest that was their destination off in the distance. Wouldn't be much longer  till they hit the tree line. His left hand rested on the pummel of his sword, steadying it as they walked. "I only ask because I like to know what's expected before I commit." He pauses for a moment and drops to his knee, searching the ground around him. After a moment he smirks, rising to his feet with a material. He statshes it into his inventory and then continues on.

(ID=100385 LD=16, 1 t1 mat found)

Edited by Reinholt

He simply turned towards him, a bit of a sly grin on his face. He had so many idea's for jokes, but he decided aganst it for now, he didn't know this guys personality yet, the grin fading into a more nomal cheerful smile, like he always had on his face.

"Honestly, nothing. It just depends what your comfortable doing. The very least required is to be helping out others, but honestly, i founded this guild even for those wanting shelter. I don't want, or expect, the entire guild to come with me to the front, and if they do its not because i asked them to. Its because they choose to, and have the same goals as me, help others get home" He said, it turning into a bit more of an explanation then him giving an expectation talk, which he was patting silver while he gave the said talk.

Reinholt nodded toward Stryder and starts to chuckle. "Well that explains how  Pinball gets by then." He said, taking a playful jab at his friend even though he wasn't there. The grasslands gave way to the trees of the forest and already a mist has settled over the trees. Reinholt pauses for a moment and drops to his knee again. He searches around the a moment and smiles when he finds a material. He puts it away and rises to his feet, looking off into the forest. After a moment he starts to move again. "Well I agree with not nm forcing anyone to do things they are comfortable with, as that's how people get killed. Personally, I want to be on the frontline but I also have no issue helping out other players who may need a hand." He shrugs his heavy shoulders and runs a hand through his beard. The mist obscured their vision but it wasn't super thick yet. He kept his eyes peeled for the entrance to the maze. He didn't much care for this forest, mainly cause there tended to be giant spiders, so he wanted to get in and get out as quickly as possible.

(ID#100425 LD=16, 1 t1 mat found, 2 mat total)

Edited by Reinholt

Another person with the determination of becoming a front liner. Good, that made three of them, well, four of them. Nearly enough for a full party.... If only they had a healer and a proper tank. Hei was half a tank, but he didn't have the strength to survive up there, despite being his combat leader... Sky knew he would have to take that role soon, especially since he hadn't heard from him in a fair while, he just hoped he was alright and alive. 

"sounds like a plan my friend, before you plan to join the frontlines though, make sure you can stand up to someone at my level. Until your about this point, its very risky to even try, hell, i shouldn't even be joining yet, i just have to hope i can gain enough levels before it starts" He says, smiling as they entered the winding forest of misery.

Reinholt nods and is silent for some time as they trek through the forest. Stryder said nothing he didn't already know.  The frontlines were no place for anyone who wasn't ready, and if Stryder didn't feel like he was ready then why was he going? With a shrug  ha pauses and looks around, the motions in front of them where the mist grew thick and the trees parted. "Looks like a labyrinth entrance to me, eh?" He says before dropping to a crouch again. He searches the area around him with his hands.

Finding nothing he brushes his hands off and rises to his feet. "I hate mazes. Let's get this over with." He says as he moves forward. "As far as the frontline I know I'm far from hei g ready. But in time, I hope to be an asset to the New Dawn in many ways, from helping players to Assaulting the Frontline. I'm a man of many talents, Stryder."

ID100488 LD=12 no mats found

Edited by Reinholt

Sky looked at him a little, the conversation about him being ready for the frontlines, well, him being no where near ready to be there. He was saying he was a man of many talents, but he didn't believe it. At least.... Not yet. He also didn't know how to judge his character... This was fully Eatos area of expertise, judging another character accurately without fail, but, he had his own ways of finding out. This was his guild, he couldn't, and didn't want to, rely on her to do everything. He was the recruiter, he was the one who a did most of that side of the job. Though Pin had found the guy this time around.

"I don't doubt you will be an asset, or at least become one, don't worry about selling that part to me. No one started out powerful, everyone earned there strenght, and i don't doubt you will soon as well"