[F21-PP] Prepping for success.

I see you fish up two more materials as i grin at that as i can only hope that things run smoothly and perfectly in the scheme of things as i gaze around the area trying to find any signs of there being some type of material to pull out of the ground for your use, or my own depending what it ends up being. So then Pinball how well known are the stories of the people on the frontline circulating on the lower floors? I haven't been able to hear such stories myself since i'm rather busy making sure to keep up with everyone, so i am rather curious if you have heard anything since you have said you have been helping out some players yourself right? I say curiously towards the black haired spear user. After i ask the question i don't find anything really that i could try to call some resource that would be useful to the two players for them to use in their crafting of items to try and get ready for the next boss fight that will be occurring.

#100130 LD:7+3=10

@Pinball

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"People talk about the frontlines way more than you'd expect," he said, preparing his fishing rod, "everything on everyone's minds on the lower floors is 'I've got to catch up'." He nodded, finished prepping his pole, then gripped it in both hands. "Myself included," he sighed, casting his line, watching for a second as the hook sunk beneath the water. "In regards to the frontliners... I think people only know about the big ones. Calrex, I heard the name Macradon once, Hikoru, and I think... Sandra or something was another." He snapped his fingers, waggling his index at Hestia. "You're well known because you're always helping out the lower leveled players. So you're another one as well." He shrugged. "But yeah. Everyone wants to catch up, for sure. Knowing I'm probably going to be attending the next boss raid is..." he took a deep breath. "Nerve-wracking, to say the least." He reeled in his catch; a single fish. "Here's another.

Fishing: ID# 100131  CD: 5 (1 Material Fished up) 

Loot Pool: 

• 1860 Col 
  • 7 T3 Materials

Edited by Pinball

I gaze towards you as you talk about the frontliens as i nod my head at your words in understanding. I know that it can be nerve-wracking at first Pinball i felt the same, but once you step foot into the fighting ring and take your first attacks it will feel like any other fight that you have had to face just on a slightly larger player base level. I say towards the black haired player with a nod of my head. Plus from what i had observed of the frontlines actually dying on them is not really a issue just something to be careful about in terms of having a healer take notice of you and keeping you at full. Also for those big names you are correct except for Sandra. her name is Zandra and i can say that she is the best healer that we have up on the frontlines, and she also has a mean damage output when she goes into the attack. I say to you as i gaze around the area and spot nothing once more as Kuro looks a bit discouraged at finding nothing yet either.

#100133 LD:9+3=12

Pinball went, "Oh. Zandra. Right, that sounds better than Sandra." He took a step back from the water, covering his mouth with his hand as he yawned. "She's the best healer, huh?" He thought about it for a while. Was Zandra the only healer in the front lines? He had never heard about any other, and he wasn't entirely sure that there were many tanks, either. Pinball turned to Hestia, a curious look on his face. "Is Zandra the only healer? And how many tanks are there on the frontlines? How many parties?" Another thought struck him then. If players like him were joining, there were bound to be others. "Will you be tanking for your own group, Hest?" He turned, and cast his line, watching the hook sink. Nearly immediately he felt a tug on his line, and he reeled in his catch. Three squirming fish, all struggling to stay on the same hook. "Ooh, that's cool," he laughed, collecting the materials.

Fishing: ID#100136  CD: 10 (3 T3 Materials)

Loot Pool: 

• 1860 Col 
  • 10 T3 Materials

Edited by Pinball

Yeah she is the best healer because she got a unique skill from the christmas event thing where you got your spear from apparently. I tell you with a nod of my head as i continue trying to find something and anything that could be a useful material to get. Also for tanks we are barely scratching by in terms of tanks since we have four tanks that could count, and then three healers. With myself counting as one of the tanks and healers. So that means that it is entirely possible if i become a tank in the frontlines i might be the support and tank for that group to make sure everyone will live and stay safe during the entire time. That is honestly kinda part of the reason i am trying to find others who will take up the path of part tank, or part support support to help me keep people alive up their. I say just being honest with you as i gaze towards you. But yeah the frontlines are making it out alive that much is certain but we're scraping by in terms of groups and what we have for each group to make each one totally viable and safe.

#100150 LD:11+3=14

"She... She got a Unique Skill?Did Hestia mean an actual Unique Skill, or a Unique enhancement like the ones on his spear? He wasn't sure. Either way, he was surprised someone other than him had gotten a reward from the same event that he had gotten his own weapon from. He shrugged, turning his attention back to the water in front of him, though he kept listening to Hestia about the Frontline situation, honestly quite intrigued- both because he'd be joining soon, and because just in general it was an interesting situation. She noted the severe lack of tanks and he nodded. "Yeah, I know. Why don't you think people want to be tanks?" He cast his line, waiting for an answer. When he felt the tug on his line, he reeled in his fish, whistling in pleasant surprise; 3 fish again. He happily went about collecting the materials, keeping an ear out for the tank's response.

Fishing: ID# 100151 CD: 10 (3 Materials fished up!) 

Loot Pool: 

• 1860 Col 
  • 13 T3 Materials
Edited by Pinball

Oh umm whoops. I misspoke there sorry about that. I meant enhancement those are too close i guess my mouth moved faster then my thoughts were forming. I say with a nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my head blushing with embarrassment about that. But yeah she got some unique enhancement that she uses to increase the healing she can do i am guessing since she was healing more then she should've been able to do normally. I say towards you as i continue my own search while you are fishing up a storm over there when hearing the question i just sigh softly. It is because people probably see DPS as their only path to getting the enough damage to be able to survive on their own through these quests before they could meet up with a partner. For myself i had to do that for awhile after i cleared out so many of the beginner quests. However, with the boost to thorns damage as of late it is entirely possible if people gave it the time if they prepped sufficiently they could go up to most quests and survive them till they are tier two or something of the like. By then you usually have a crew you run with by then who you can rely on if you are not safe. Just people don't realize how safe they really could be and how self sufficient they could be that a tank path could provide. I say as i rub the back of my neck as i think on what the answer could be. A simple choice of damage to rely on oneself rather then tanking to keep others alive. The protect by force rather then being the one to take the hits a age old choice.

#100152 LD:9+3=12

"Oh," he said, laughing, "see, that... that makes more senes." Pinball listened as Hestia explained her healing capabilities, and how she was able to heal more than she would be able to without the enhancements. "I wonder if there's anything like that, except for weapons? Like increasing my damage." Pinball shrugged, prepping his fishing pole for use. He nodded, agreeing with what Hestia was saying about tanks; they were severely under-rated, but he felt that most people didn't know that at higher levels you'd barely be able to make a dent in them. His mind was on Unique Skills now, though. Now he was curious. Pinball glanced over at the tank, wondering why she wasn't gathering anything. He asked his question, casting his line. "What do you know about Unique Skills? All I hear is that only a few people get them, and that they're all usually super strong.Fwip! A long, dark blue, purple tongue lashed out from the water, leaving a red line across Pinball's face as well as taking a chunk from his health. "Damn it!" Another Frogshoom hopped up, its skin and mushroom the same colors as before. "Ribbit."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Fishing: ID# 100179  CD: 2 (Loot Mob) 

Combat: ID# 100179  MD: 10 (Crit+2) 

Frogshoom attacks Pinball for 95 DMG. 

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 525/620 HP | 62/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:0] Hestia: 1305/1305  ENG:126/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

Frogshroom: 310/310 HP | 93 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I just chuckle as i watch you fish up another mob once more rather quickly as i gaze towards you with a slightly raised eyebrow. How are you this unlucky Pinball you managed to fish up so many enemies rather then materials. I say towards the black haired boy as i activate my focused howl upon the creature and gets into first position for my sword art to strike it after you do so if it doesn't die by your attack. As for Unique skills that is basically what i know also besides the fact that Calrex's skill might have something to do with tanking since he is a tank, and doesn't seem to be getting any kind of buff. I think Hikoru's might having something to do with increasing his damage output also any other unique skills i haven't seen in action or heard about besides Death Adder's dual blades with the man seeming to be the most evasive person in the universe or something. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders just talking during combat like it is nothing.

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia: 1305/1305  ENG:118/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

He glanced over at Hestia as he lowered his spear, stretching his legs in preperation to <<Charge>>. He shook his head, turning his attention back to his target. She isn't phased by this kind of stuff, he reminded himself, she's seen a hell of a lot worse than a purple frog with a mushroom on its head. Pinball felt obligued to talk to her some, before he attacked. The stuff about Calrex he had managed to piece together from rumors. But this Dual Blades guy... Dual Blades? This was new to him. "Death Adder? What kind of edgy teen uses that name? And who is he? A frontliner? And what the hell are Dual Blades?" He paused, looking at the frog, who was hopping forward now. "Actually - hold that thought. Lemme take care of this." He ran at the creature, Zomekko's gaseous body swirling around his weapon. To Pinball, it seemed like it was an easy hit - but at the last moment, the Frog jumped past Pinball, the boy's momentum carrying him into the dirt. "Damn it!" he cried, his knees hitting the ground. He turned, and started to push himself back up. "Hest, get it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Combat - 

Action Taken: [Dimension Stampede] [ -17 EN ] Miss! / Charge, +1 Base 

ID# 100185  BD: 1 (Critical Miss!) MD: 9 (Crit+1) 

Frogshroom attacks Hestia - Critical Hit!
93+2= 95 - 151 = 1 DMG 

Pinball attacks Frogshroom - Critical Miss! 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia: 1304/1305  ENG:118/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

Edited by Pinball

I look towards the frog as it just gently smacks my armor when compared to the other creatures that have given me actual trouble as i just chuckle and quickly charges towards the enemy and tries to strike at it, but before my blade could touch its skin the frog jumps upwards and over me and lands on the other side as i just look at this frog just blinking as i then turn towards Pinball with a raised eyebrow. Okay i think your bad luck is rubbing off on me Pin. First no thorns happening at all, and now i couldn't hit it. I say in a semi-joking tone of voice towards the poor player who somehow keeps managing to fish these creatures up one after the other. Death Adder by the way is a player who had killed a former frontliner or at least a member of the Celestial Ascendants named beatbox. So Death Adder is a killer who likes to torment players and tries to seem like some sort of good guy i think? I say sounding a bit unsure near the end when describing the personality of the man.

#100186 BD:4 miss  CD:8

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia: 1304/1305  ENG:120/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

He made a face upon hearing about who Death Adder really was. "Oh, Jesus," he said. He had killed someone? "How... how did he do it?" If Dual Blades were what he thought they were, then this player killer must pose a serious threat. "And why hasn't anyone tried to stop him?" He was a bit concerned to have someone like that on the loose. Especially for Pinball, whose friends are mostly lower-leveled players, he couldn't help but worry. "Did... did you know him?" he asked, dreading the answer. He'd have to look into this. He was interested, now, but interested as a psychologist was in a patient. He suddenly found the urge to figure out what made the man tick. If they had a motive, maybe they could stop him... Pinball whirled around to face the Frogshroom that had so far evaded both Hestia's and his own attacks. Lowering the point of the weapon, he sighed. "C'mere, froggie, froggie, froggie." His attack hit the mob square on, even freezing it in place. Coupled with Hestia's thorns damage, it was on its last legs; it barely had anything left in its health bar. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

- Combat - 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [+1 EN, -17 EN] 

ID# 100187  BD: 9 (Crit+1) [Freeze Procs] [Phase Procs] MD: 8+1= 9 (Hit!) 

Frogshroom attacks Hestia - Hit! 

93-151= 1 DMG! (Thorns: Frogshroom takes 54 DMG

Pinball attacks Frogshroom - Critical Hit! 

15+1= 16*15 = 240 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:2] Pinball: 525/620 HP | 45/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

- Enemies -

[FROZEN] Frogshroom: 16/310 HP | 93 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I turn towards the frog as it gets smacked by your spear turning into just a ice statue as i grin at that as i activate a lower ranked sword art as i focus upon my target as i then charge forward towards it and then jumps high raising my sword into the air and as i come down swinging my sword with me as i cut the frog cleanly in half dissipating it into nothingness as i grin happily at the success of doing so as i then turn to you. Death Adder doesn't get stopped because nobody knows where he goes, and he is strong enough have put dents into Tesseleth's health on floor twenty one. The man having sped up the process of killing the boss by a big time, so naturally people might be hesitant because of just the pure undeniable strength the player has also when it comes to taking down enemies. It would require at least a full on frontliners group to take down the man most likely as he is right now. I say just being forward with you as i nod my head. Also i didn't know Beatbox, but within my guild i have a personal friend of the man and also the sibling of that player.

#100189 BD:8 8x9=72  Melee Slash

#100190 LD:16 CD:1 620 COL, 930 COL, 2 T3 Mats

- Players - 

[H:2] Pinball: 525/620 HP | 45/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

- Enemies -

[FROZEN] Frogshroom: 0/310 HP | 93 DMG

Loot Pool: 

• 3410 Col 
  • 15 T3 Materials

"Woah," was all Pinball said. He thought about it for a moment. How could somebody be that strong? To have to put together an entire frontline group just to take down one guy was ridiculous! There was no wonder the man hadn't been stopped. But one thing was for sure; he needed to be. Someone like that shouldn't be allowed to run free. Even Pinball knew that. "So... this Beatbox guy? He tried to take him out? Was anyone around? Or did they just find out when his name was crossed off?" Pinball, not having known the man himself, wasn't aware that he might be coming off as insensitive. The teenager was just curious. As he waited for Hestia's reply, he went about readying his fishing rod, casting it before continuing. "And what about Calrex, in that case? Do you think he'd stand a chance? They both have Unique Skills. What do you think?FWOOSH! A flap of wings took Pinball's attention away from Hestia. THWACK! Something dug its claws into Pinball's chest, picking him briefly up off the ground before dropping him back in the dirt, where he rolled backwards, the wind knocked out of him. 

Pinball looked up; and he saw what looked like a young, glowing dragon. It was deathly thin, and it glowed different colors. Yellow, purple, green, blue - like Christmas lights, or more likely the mushrooms on this floor. Its wings dripped with the same color it changed, and when the substance hit the ground, the color bubbled and hissed on the ground. It was some kind of corrosive acid, more likely than not. Letting out a shriek, the monster took flight, circling around the two players. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fishing: ID# 100191  CD: 1 (Boss Mob) 

- Combat - 

Action Taken: [Fishing] [+1 EN] 

ID# 100191  MD: 9 (Crit+1) 

The Glowing One attacks Pinball - Hit! 

186+1= 187 DMG! 

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 338/620 HP | 46/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:0] Hestia: 1304/1305  ENG:120/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

The Glowing One: 620/620 HP | 31 MIT | 186 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

When it came to beatbox's death nobody knew he was going to face Death Adder until the name disappeared off friends lists and all that other stuff. That is when people knew he had died, and his girlfriend Teion knew when she found the recording that told her that Beatbox knew he was going to die but figured he would try anyway. I say to you with a nod of my head as i watch you fish up a dragon as i raise an eyebrow at that and look at you. Seriously Pinball you have the worst luck all of existence. I say to the player as i activate Focused Howl against the creature getting its attention turn towards me as i just look at it with a calm look. Come on Dragon face the true shield and strength of this duo. The girl who will make you feel pain from my blade against your skin. I say just boasting without any real bite behind my words since i know i am weaker then you by a long shot in terms of damage. Get it Pnball knock it down to yellow! I say encouragingly.

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 338/620 HP | 46/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1305/1305  ENG:112/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

The Glowing One: 620/620 HP | 31 MIT | 186 DMG 

While Pinball was really interested about Beatbox, learning more about him, and the mysterious aura that washed over him when he talked about the causes of the man's death, getting dragon claws embedded in his chest kind of took his mind off of it, to say the least. He watched, horrified, as his health bar ticked just above half-health before the dragon had let go and dropped him into the dirt. Pinball was winded, and his ears felt like they were ringing; but he could vaguely hear Hestia in the background, calling out for him to attack the monster. He nodded, still dazed, and drew his spear. Pinball mindlessly stared at the Glowing One, before sprinting at it, activating Charge as he ran. Zomekko joined him in his attack, and his spear glowed a purple as he ran at the thing. Of course, nothing happened. The boy's head wasn't in the right place; the monster was still circling in the air above them. Pinball slowed to a jog, then took a step back, slapping his forehead. The Glowing One swooped down, hitting Hestia, though taking more damage itself than it dealt. 

- Combat - 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Miss! [+1 EN, -2 EN] 

ID# 100200  BD: 1 (Critical Miss!) MD: 8+1= 9 (Hit!) 

The Glowing One attacks Hestia - Hit! 

186-151= 35 DMG (Thorns: TGO takes 54 DMG

Pinball attacks TGO - Critical Miss! 

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 338/620 HP | 45/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1270/1305  ENG:112/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

The Glowing One: 566/620 HP | 31 MIT | 186 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

I gaze at the Glowing one as it floats and then quickly makes it move towards me as i activate my sword art to match its attack as i let it glance off my armor to take damage from its slightly frail looking form to take the pain of smacking into me and then quickly cuts into it multiple times in different directions across its total body. Once i finish my attack i look at the creature and see that it still looks like it is doing relatively well for itself in terms of HP. Well that just means i have to do more damage against it i guess. I say with a nod of my head as i get ready to strike once more as i nod towards you to go in fro the attack knowing that is your specialty. having not noticed earlier when you missed the creature entirely. You're up Pin give this creature a beat down. I say with a grin on my face.

#100252 BD:6 CD:6   [-11] [+4]

Action Taken: Legion Destroyer  8x11=88-31=57

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 338/620 HP | 45/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1285/1305  ENG:109/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

The Glowing One: 509/620 HP | 31 MIT | 186 DMG 

He watches as the dragon swoops down, letting Hestia attack the creature. She hadn't gotten hit from that encounter, but her blows seemed to infuriate the monster. It ascended, spiraling upwards, before turning to a nose-dive, landing on the ground, sending up clouds of dust. It let loose a horrible, ear-splitting shriek, its wings spread wide and its jaws stretched open. Acid dripped from its form; its wings, jaws, eyes... everything seemed to be coated in that colorful, ever changing acidic substance. His head clearing up Pinball rushed forward, nodding at Hestia as he ran past. "Alright! Seriously now, Zomekko! Let's go!Don't miss, the boy thought anxiously, his spear glowing. As the monster continued its threatening roars, it lashed out at Hestia, damaging the tank ever so slightly, but again, hurting itself more than it dealt. Pinball's attack caught it by surprise. Four quick stabs, each making the Glowing One recoil, then a final, heavy jumping slam that sent the monster into the dirt. It shrieked as ice consumed it, trying to break free. Pinball stepped back, letting out a sigh. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Combat - 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Critical! [Freeze Procs] [Phase Procs] [+1 EN, -17 EN] 

ID# 100256  BD: 9 (Crit+1) MD: 7+1= 8 (Hit!) 

The Glowing One attacks Hestia - Hit! 

186 - 151= 35 DMG (Thorns: TGO takes 54 DMG

Pinball attacks TGO - Critical Hit! 

15+1= 16*15= 240-15= 225 DMG + FREEZE 

- Players - 

[H:2] Pinball: 338/620 HP | 29/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1250/1305  ENG:109/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

[FROZEN] The Glowing One: 220/620 HP | 31 MIT | 186 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

I gaze towards the monster you brought down with your ice as i grin at that seeing it as a opportunity if i can manage to land a hit as i activate my sword art wanting to try and help out in taking down the opponent as i quickly charge towards the frozen creature. As i approach the creature i go to strike at it but miss entirely only striking the area around it rather then the creature itself. I just stare at that blinking and wondering how that even occurred before i quickly back off to allow you the reigns of attacking the frozen opponent and thus ending the fight and hopefully gaining lots of good loots from doing so. I gaze around the field wondering where my familiar is as i see him just watching the fight not even getting involved from having see nothing dangerous is happening at all.

Action Taken: Legion Destroyer [-2 ENG]

#100258 BD:3

- Players - 

[H:2] Pinball: 338/620 HP | 29/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1250/1305  ENG:108/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

[FROZEN] The Glowing One: 215/620 HP | 31 MIT | 186 DMG 

Looking at Hestia taking her attack and missing it, Pinball couldn't help but flinch. Well, he thought, if she had gone down the path of a damage dealer, she'd probably mop the floor with me. Pinball sighed, hefting his spear. With a whistle, Zomekko's shadowy form enveloped his spear in her foggy aura. "Alright," he said softly. "I guess it's time to beat the absolute crap out of this thing." With a shrug, he lifted his spear, the weapon glowing brightly in the dim floor. "Welp. Nice knowing ya, bud." He brought his weapon down, launching himself into a Sword Art... but he must have been too close; when he started going through the motions, he noticed his attacks didn't hit the monster at all! They were aimed above it, not at the monster laying frozen below him. As the monster lifted itself off the ground, ice cracking as the dragon let out a low growl. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Combat - 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Miss! [+1 EN, -2 EN] 

ID# 100261  BD: 2+3= 5 (Miss!) MD: 10  [FROZEN] 

The Glowing One is FROZEN 

Pinball attacks TGO - Miss! 

- Players - 

[H:2] Pinball: 338/620 HP | 28/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1250/1305  ENG:108/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

The Glowing One: 220/620 HP | 31 MIT | 186 DMG 

Edited by Pinball