[F4-PP] A frosty Regicide <<The Night's King>>

I grin as i arrive onto the fourth floor in the main settlement of Snowfrost wearing my new gear as i have a sword sheathed within a scabbard at my waist having a shield held in my right hand, and wearing heavy armor. The heavy piece of armor having depictions of lightning striking a ground and fire beneath the ground. The armor being that of a bronze like color. The shield having jagged bits of metal in the shape of snake fangs protruding from its surface that would be pointed towards the enemy. I grin as i realize i should call in some help just encase things go bad as i decide to send a message to Pinball.

Spoiler

@Pinball

Hey Pinball i'm about to go and do a quest on the fourth floor if you want you can bring a friend with you if you think they can help accomplish this in a safe manner. There are no AOE's as far as i know just singular focused attacks.

With that message sent i wait in front of the teleport gate with a smile on my face as i wait to see if Pinball will arrive or not for this quest. Figuring that i could do this by myself now possibly with the new gear i have, but having an ally to make sure a test goes smoothly never hurt anybody.

( @Reinholt)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball leaned back in his chair, taking a small bite of the donut. He sat across of @Reinholt in his shop on the 8th Floor, and Pinball had been eating in relative silence for a while now. Suddenly, he let the chair fall free forward, the legs hitting the wooden floor with a loud smack! He spoke for the first time in a good three minutes: "And that's when said, 'No, you're the psychiatrist!'" He cackled to himself, pushing himself and the chair backwards - the furniture flipping completely over this time, leaving Pinball on his back. A quiet ping alerted him. He swiped open his menu, read through the message, then closed it and picked himself off the ground. "Come, Reinholt! We''re going on a quest with one of my friends." Pinball kicked his shop door open, the soft breeze of the forest filling the room. "Quickly! Adventure awaits!"

It wasn't long before they made it to the Fourth Floor. Pinball wore his combat equipment over a long-sleeved grey button-up, but under his thick, white snow jacket,  the hood pulled over his head. His spear was slung across his back. He made his way over to Hestia, taking a cold hand from his jacket pocket. "Hey, Hesti-poo! This is Reinholt. I've been hanging out with him for a while." Pinball nudged the man with his shoulder, a stupid grin on his face. "Come on, now. Don't be shy, ya big ol' dork.

Reinholt as lounging in a chair, his feet propped up on the window seal. He had just drifted off to sleep when Pinball makes a one sided joke and cackled. The sudden noise startles him, making him kick off the wall and land solidly on the ground nearly the same time as Pinball. 'Oof! Yeesh Pin. I was about to take a nap.." Pinball gets a Message and suddenly Reinholt was being hauled out of the Shop with the promise of adventure. "Wha..? Where are we going?" He asks in vain as Pinball is already gone. With shake of his head, he pulls the shop door closed and follows after his very excitable friend.

Shortly after arriving on the 4th floor he had changed into his armor and wore a heavy white and grey poncho that covered his body down to his calves. Pinball approaches another player and after being nudged He offers the player his hand. Hesti-poo? what sort of name is that? He thought to himself before it dawned on him. " Hestia? -The- @Hestia? It's an honor to meet you." He says, trying not to fanboy too much. It was exciting to meet one of the Frontliners.

Edited by Reinholt

I wait patiently by the teleport gate with a grin on my face rather curious if Pinball will actually bring someone, or if it will be the usual tag team duo of spear and shield taking down the opponents today. I then grin at that as i glance towards my sheathed sword. 'Well i guess it will be sword, shield, and spear if it is just myself and Pin' I think to myself rather proudly at having made it to the point that i am at right now. Eventually i hear the teleport gate go off as i turn my head and quickly see Pinball as i roll my eyes at his introduction while chuckling slightly. I see that you're in a good mood today Pinball. Did something good happen? I ask in a joking tone of voice as i get up off the bench and turn towards the guest that Pinball had brought. Looking over the gear and nodding my head figuring that he looks like he is able to handle himself to an extent. Then quickly getting caught off guard by him seemingly making a big deal about myself. Umm yeah i am Hestia the Healing Tank who is also now capable of dealing damage. Am i to assume that Pinball has talked a lot about me Reinholt? I ask curiously wondering why the man seemed very excited to meet me.

"Ayyo, Hesti-o," he said cheerily, leaning back on his heels. He looked at Reinholt, who seemed excited to meet his tanky partner. "Ohh, you've heard about her?" He decided to push his jokes out. He walked around Reinholt, kicking up snow, his hands in his pockets. His eyes closed, he wore the same stupid grin as he had been for a while. "Well, you know, she's only a tank. A support. A damage dealer. A frontliner." He leaned on Reinholt's shoulder then, "And a member of the Holy Flagon Dandelion." He rubbed his fingers together, smiling smugly to himself. "I've honestly got no idea how this is supposed to be funny." He pushed himself off of his cloaked friend, then walked over to Hestia. "How have you been doing, Hest? Not bad, obviously. Still alive, at least. Shocker." He spun around, skipping around the duo, leaving bootprints in the semi-deep snow of the Fourth Floor. "I've also never heard of this quest, by the way. Wanna fill us in?

Reinholt shrugs his shoulders slightly. He liked to keep track of the players on the Frontline, as one day he would gladly call them comrades. "I hope to make it to the frontlines myself sooner rather than later. I have spent far too long just waiting around." He shifts under his poncho and pulls the hood up. He had avoided the 4th floor, as he hates snow more than He hates sand. His hood did well to hide the sour look that crossed his face

"I try to keep up with the Frontline players, so yes, I have heard of you." He says with a smile. He had never fought with a true blue Tank before, so he was excited to see a frontline Tank in action. But, if he had to guess the quest she was going on was probably -way- out of his league. However he decides to see what it was all put before voicing his concern or possibly leaving the group.

I chuckle at Pinball's rather playful and almost sassy attitude continue to go on about until i hear the totally incorrect name of my guild as i sigh softly and waits for him to finish as i then listen to Reinholt. Well first off obviously the guild i am apart of is the Holy Dragon Alliance. Secondly i have been doing pretty good honestly got myself some new armor as i am sure you know Pinball which means new stats that you will get to see in action for the very first time. I say with a excited look upon my face as i say that as i gaze towards the poncho wearing man. Also, again it is nice to meet you Reinholt i can't wait to do future quests with you. I say kindly and happily towards the player as i find myself rather surprised. Surprised from the fact that i am known by players who wish to hear about the frontlines. I then quickly refocus upon the objective of the quest. Okay the quest we're going on is called the Night's king the information i have on the quest is that we will be facing at least twelve basic mobs, and then the king himself will be by himself. The King has a ability to reduce our maximum damage to some amount that i am not entirely sure besides the fact i know Pinball and myself will have our damage reduced. I say to the two players with a nod of my head. Our goal is to head towards the north end of this floor where we will find a castle within a ice cave. Think you can survive the journey you two? I ask the two players.

"Holy Dragon Alliance. Gotcha. Definitely... definitely didn't mean to say the other thing." Pinball nodded, shoving his hands deeper into his pockets. "All right.~" He swung back and forth on his heels, looking to and fro. Last time he was here, he had been approached by members of the White-Tipped Ravens. Hestia had been there, too, and that was kind of what started their whole questing adventures... but Pinball frowned. Ever since then, he hadn't been approached by members themselves. Only the man himself. He remembered the stormy night like it was yesterday; the guy had come out of nowhere. He rubbed his throat, remembering the cool blade... He whirled around to Reinholt, a smile on his face, then mumbled to him, "Watch our backs, yeah? Hestia's strong, but Sugutsuya's a basketcase." He pushed himself away, patting the man on the back. "Wait. It reduces our damage?" Pinball felt a small part of him wither away. "Are... are you serious?" Pinball started walking. "We should... we should probably get this over with," he said dejectedly. 

She's a member of the Holy Dragon Alliance? He thinks to himself. He was debating between the Guardians of the New Dawn and the Holy Dragon Alliance, ultimately choosing the Guardians. He listens to the details of the quest and makes a face. It sounded alot more dangerous than the quests that he had been on with Pinball. A total of thirteen monsters? And no doubt they were much higher level than He was. He definitely didn't want to get in the way, but at the same time he really wanted to watch Hestia in action. "I mean, I've been with Pinball on some pretty tough quests but I'm pretty low level. I feel like I might get in  your way or something. He falls silent at the mention of Sugutsuya and after a moment he nods his head. "However, I want to go with you. I know and accept the danger, and will do my best not to get in your way." He worried about Pinball. Sure, Hestia was a frontliner but Pinball was his only real friend and Sugutsuya was crazy. Perhaps a larger group will deter him from bothering them again.

I make a face at hearing that name as i try to remember how i have heard that name and in what context as i quickly remember. Oh that guy you stole from, but he stole from you first. If he is part of some crime guild Pinball i can put him behind bars if you need me to do so. I say in a calm tone towards the black haired player as i then lead the two players towards the location of the quest at hearing there willingness to go along with me to it. Also Reinholt don't worry so much about getting in our way i will make sure to draw them out in a reasonable number at a time so we can take them down as fast as we could humanly do so. The only thing i will need Pin to focus on is his AOE since that can lead to them dying hopefully as fast as we can. Maybe even be able to do so in only one time of slashing at them with our weapons. I say with a grin at my face at thinking of such a possibility. My familiar nudging me softly against my leg to take me back towards reality. But yeah. Shouldn't be difficult at all with the fact we have Pinball for DPS and me taking all the hate with my howl. I say not wishing to cause any uneeded stress or worry for what i now realize must be a very low level when compared to myself, and just a normal player starting off when compared to Pinball. 'Got to make sure Rein lives. I got to make sure i succeed at my job.' I think to myself with a determined look blazing in my eyes as i lead us towards the northern exit of the settlement.

Pinball followed along, letting Hestia lead the way after they started to follow him. He flinched, surprised that Hestia had heard his mumbling. "Oh, Jesus," he said, "am I really that loud?" Pinball rubbed his chin as he walked, boots crunching on the snow, before sticking his frosty palms back into his pockets. "Are you sure you can put him behind bars? He's pretty tough." Pinball tilted his head, looking past Hestia as they began walking out of the Northernmost exit of the settlement. He considered it. Hestia was a tank... Sugutsuya played the trickster. He could inflict some pretty nasty damage with bleed of his, and the paralysis let him get free hits all around... plus, sneak attacks practically guaranteed hits. Pinball considered all these factors. It ultimately came down to whether or not Hestia could hit Sugutsuya - and whether bleed or thorns killed one or the other. "Maybe," he admitted, still on the fence. 

He smiles a bit, mostly to himself. No way he would miss a chance to see a frontliner in action and was glad that Hestia didn't mind dragging him along, same as Pinball was doing. He knew one day he would be on their level and could stand side by side but right now, he was happy to follow on their coat tails and power level like crazy. He truly looked forward to the day he could stand as equals with the other Frontline players.

" Let me get some levels under my belt and we'll track down that peice of garbage and lock him away. But until then.." He trails off and falls silent, trailing after Pinball. He 'crunched' significantly less as he steps where Pinball steps. He looked almost ghostly as he lumbers along, his white and grey poncho blending well with the falling snow. He sighs softly, sending a wispy trail of breath into the cold air. Where ever this quest took him, he knew it would be fun.

Edited by Reinholt

I just smile seeing Pinball agree with me on his own without needing me to say anything as i continue leading the duo towards the furthest north point of the floor as i move us through the snowy tundras of the fourth floor having my familiar by my side as he moves back towards the two players serving as  a protector of sorts for the duo by taking any damage that could be proven fatal for the two of them. So then Rein i will have to ask. How did you meet Pinball? i am going to guess the old fashion way of you needed help and Pinball managed to find you and decided to help you out with some quests? I ask curiously towards the man that is taller then me as i gaze up towards him as i asked that question as i then gaze back down towards Pinball. Also for your problem Pinball if they ever try to get into a big fight with you like a group vs 1 or a group vs 2 send me a message and i will be there within the quickest time possible to show them who has your back. I say with a thumbs up towards the black haired player.

Pinball listened to Hestia asking Reinholt a question, still lost in thought. Now that he thought about it, Hestia would probably win. Tanks were meant to take hits. That, coupled with Hestia's offensive and support capabilities as well, Sugutsuya would have a hard time taking her on himself. Then again, would Sugutsuya even take that chance? Would he approach Pinball when there was a tank around? He sighed. He couldn't predict that guy's actions, as much as he tried. He had seemed so normal over the years he had known him. Such a wild change was unexpected, and it quite frankly, broke Pinball's heart to see someone stoop so low. He nodded at Hestia's proposal. "That sounds good," he agreed softly. Then, clapping his hands together, he nearly shouted, "Well! Let's get started on that quest, shall we? We nearly there?"

Reinholt tilts his head, remembering the first time he met Pinball. "Honestly, it was pure chance. I ran into him on the 7th floor and he invited me on this quest, and we've just kind of been hanging out since. We've done a couple quests together and I'm probably going to end up joining the Guardians of the New Dawn." He reaches out and pats Pinball on his shoulder, before his hand disappears back under the poncho. "He's an odd duck, but he has my back. And that's what counts." he says with a chuckle and glance out across the snow covered floor. "I think this is my least favorite floor. Snow always makes my bones hurt IRL and just looking at it makes me achy." He says with a grumble  and then glances at Pinball with a sour look. " We got started way back there..And you're starting to sound like of those kids from the TV commercials.."

I nod my head towards Rein as he tells his story of how he met the odd character that is Pinball. Well at least you managed to meet him, and from what i can tell he has been helping you out ever since so that is good to know also. Though i am curious Rein what is the build you are planning to do for what you want to be? DPS, Tank, Support? I ask the taller man with curiosity unable to help myself from wanting to know what people end up choosing for what they wish to do in this game, and maybe the why if i am lucky enough. And yeah i can understand the floor not being everyone' favorite but this is the floor i call my home, and have my shop upon so i have grown to love every inch of this wintry wonderland. Give me some time also and soon my music will not be stuck on this floor, and i will be doing my best to get a actual concert and stuff setup. It is just a matter of getting enough songs, and the perfect venue. I say my voice taking on a very excited and passion filled tone as i start talking about the idea of doing a concert and music in general. Also Pinball give it time as soon as you see a large mountain that has a cave inside of it then we are close. i tell the black haired player.

After he had asked when they were going to arrive at the quest location, the boy fell silent, walking and listening to the other two converse. Pinball had a love-hate relationship with the Fourth Floor. On one hand, he was born in Florida, meaning he had to grow up in the heat, without snow - so it was a nice change of things for him. On the other hand, however, it was too cold. He couldn't go for very long without his jacket, and, being born in Florida, he wasn't used to that. Sure, he preferred long-sleeves and pants over t-shirts and shorts, but he always kept it light, whatever it was he wore. He took a deep breath, then let it out, watching his warm breath appear in the frigid air. He looked to Hestia, then to Reinholt. "He's going to be a big buster boy," Pinball laughed, grabbing his arm and flexing. "Heavy armor and a greatsword. It looks promising. Do you have a name for that type of build, Hest?" he asked, knowing that Hestia had a bunch of names for these things. 

Reinholt silently ponders the question as they walk. He exhales a deep breath through his nose, making him look at a bull for a moment. "I am on the fence between DPS and Tank. Both are very valuable." He shifts his shoulders, knocking loose a small pile of snow that had accumulated on them. "I'm not sure how viable it would be but a hybrid between the two is probably what I'm looking at most right now." He listens to her speak passionately about her music and after she she is done he nods. "Oh, you're a performer? I just opened my Blacksmith Shop up on the 7th." He smiles proudly and chuckles at Pinball. "Big Buster? Who do I look like, cloud strife?" He continues to chuckle at his own joke, thinking it was pretty clever. Soon he falls silent, resuming his lumbering pace through the white 'wonderland'

Well if he is going with heavy armor, and using a two handed weapon i would call that a dragoon really in the terms of the whole DPS and Tank thing that could bridge from that. Naturally i would ask for him to invest some points into tank first to try and help me out making sure players are staying safe and such and all that. I say with a side glance towards Rein. However, if you meant if i had a specific name for the greatsword and heavy armor combo not really. The only thing i could maybe call that would be like great knight possibly if you wanted me to start developing names for every build possible. I say with a chuckle as i keep my hands behind my head as i walk along with the two players as we make our way towards the northern cave of ice to find the castle that lies inside. Also yeah i am a performer with my shop being on this floor. It is a nice little cozy place inside of a crystal cavern which is absolutely gorgeous. I say with the biggest smile upon my face. But yeah Tank and DPS would have you go for the Calrex style of build since he is a DPS and Tank combo. I say to the duo.

Truth be told, Pinball was getting bored. The scenery on this floor seemed to repeat itself after awhile; white. Just... white, everywhere. Stifling a sigh, Pinball tried to put himself back into the conversation, hoping that it'd help him deal with the profound boredom he felt in that morning. "I.. I just want to fight stuff," he whined, the lanky teenager slouching, only to swing his upper body back into standing position. "Great Knight," Pinball echoed. "A mix between mitigation and damage. With that big boy sword." He glanced at Reinholt. "That Buster Sword." Pinball nodded excitedly, hopping over to walk beside Hestia. "You should do one for every build!" He laughed. "Do me! Do me!" then, with a wink, in a much deeper, more suggestive voice: "Yes. Do me, Hestia." He shot a grin and a finger-gun at the woman, before twirling back around to stay next to the snow-covered Great Knight.