(OP-F16) The Beach Volleyball Episode

Arabelle giggled, a bit embarrassed at @Froppy's request. "Volleyball with a tongue? Is that accepted in the rules?" she laughed, imagining Tsu pretty much destroying all her opponents in the court using her tongue. Compared to the people who would be using their hands, the frog girl would have a much greater reach. The purple-haired girl then allowed Tsu to tug her along as she approached @Spangie and @Grimm (finally another guy!), who were both looking out at the ocean. "I'm definitely up for a swim!" Arabelle cheered as Tsu suggested it. Then, as an afterthought, she added, "Oh. Hi, Seb! Didn't expect to see you here." She smirked playfully at his question. "You guys will be watching us. And if I understood everything correctly, you're gonna vote for the MVP." And Arabelle stepped closer so only he could hear and subtly gestured to Angie. "Better vote for the girl that you like, then~." 

Then she spun around and ran after her blonde friend. As Angie spoke with Seb, Arabelle waded out into the ocean until the water was up to her waist. Then, she heard a splash from behind her. "Awww..." she bent down and looked at an upset Agni. The fox familiar didn't seem to like the water very much. "You okay, buddy?" Arabelle reached down and patted the fox's head before turning around and splashing away to a safe distance. She watched as Agni eventually got to dry land, submerged herself briefly under the water, and followed after the familiar. Arabelle ran a hand through her damp hair and took her place beside Angie. She grinned at @Hazado, the only other person who had gone into the water. "Yeah, the water's nice. The weather's perfect for it, too..." she watched as he almost said something interesting and promptly stuttered, attempting to correct his mistake. Oh, that's definitely suspicious. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Embers heard a voice addressing her, and opened a single crimson eye at the individual. Tsu appeared in her eye sight, and the girl grinned. She, didn’t mind Frog-Girl, even if she did come across as too sensitive for Embers personal liking. There was something about her, and not the tongue, that Embers found annoying endearing. The same way she wanted to punch every cop she ran into, it was just gut instinct.

“The comp? You mean the volleyball, or the eye-bleedin’ staring?” She asked, not sure which one Tsu was referring too “I don’t care too much either way honestly. I’m wearing this because it’s comfortable. Trust me Tsu, if I cared about being stared at by guys, i’d be wearing something very different” Embers knew that if she was trying to get eyes on her, she could. It was just that right now, she didn’t care too.

“Honestly, I didn’t have anything better to do” she said closing her eyes as she had seen the people playing in the water, and didn’t care to watch them “I didn’t feel like grinding up some levels, plus I haven’t just sat back and relaxed in forever” Embers let out a groan as she stretched herself out on the towel, flicking her toes in the sand lazily as her long burning red hair spread out wildly.

@Froppy

Spangie gave a thumbs up, “What’s there not to enjoy here?“ she grinned, “Its a beach for crying out loud!” A warm smile on her face. Tilting her head as @Hazado‘s sudden change of color, she shrugged and looked at the distant water. “Aghhh, it’s so pretty!” She rubbed her forehead and groaned. “Ah, screw it..” she followed in after @Arabelle, till she was about a foot underwater. “It’s not cold at all,” she looked back at @Grimm. “Who cares if you have clothes on, just jump in!” She grinned, before making streamline shaped arms and fully submerging herself underwater. After a few seconds, she appeared on the surface with a grin, “It feels great,” she sighed in relief, laying on her back as the fresh waves rolled under her.

“This is what I needed,” she muttered, looking up. “Are there any floaties around here?!” She shouted, her eyes scanning for any sight of the air filled balloons. 

Hazado Looks how the two are in the water "She is right @Grimm Join them" As he once more dives into the water not coming above water for some time, It takes almost 5 minutes before reappearing almost 3 feet right before @Spangie as he swings back his hair he just looks into Spangie's eyes for some time "Sorry eeh ... Didn't mean to stare at you it's just ..." He looks around for a bit and then in a lower voices says "your quite beautiful, okay, I know It sounds hopeless coming from me, and eeh ... we just met and so"  As he blushes a bit and then dives underwater once more reappearing a bit more far away from Spangie. 

As he looks around and back to the beach for a bit he gives Spangie a warm smile, and as he does this a wave hits in the face. "Aaah Bah... always forget the sea tastes like salt."

@Spangie
“You missed me? I feel honored…” He said with a obdurate tone in his voice. She then made a funnel and said it was the sound of the ocean. “A ocean, in a castle, in the sky. What is this? Inception?” She then tossed her familiar into the water. It came back out looking miserable. “You just tossed a fox into the water. You know some breeds of foxes avoid water, right?”

@Hazado
“Yeah, she just tossed a virtual ani- Wait, oh, that's a bit odd, I’m not ignoring that.” Grimm said, looking over at Hazado. “Yep, her name is Spangie. I guess you could say we, adem, ‘ran into each other’.” He said playfully looking over at Spangie now, with a grin that meant ‘I mean it literally’. Of course the only other guy there overheard sports. “Let's see, I’ve played basketball, hockey, soccer, track, badminton, tennis, table tennis, underwater hockey, lacrosse,and finally, extreme ironing. Don’t even question the last one, it was intense.” He said, with a slightly confused and concerning look. “Not even I knew what was going on… Let's leave it as it involves a boat, wakeboard, ironing board, a lot of rope, and a very hot and active clothes iron.” He then asked to introduce me to my friends. “Well there is Spangie here, and…” He looks around for familiar faces, he only recognizes two. One of them he’d met at a party, and the other he’d seen at a unlawful assembly, she seemed to be sun-tanning despite the fact it was all a game and would pretty much do nothing. But he highly doubts she had seen him since he was only the eyes and ears. “...I don’t know your name, but I know you from a celebration. What's your name again?” He said, gesturing towards Arabelle.

@Arabelle
Then Arabelle walked over saying she didn’t see him arrive, nor expect him to arrive. “I wasn’t expecting to arrive either, I surprised myself.” His face full of fake straightforward concern. She then told him to vote for MVP. “Wait, this place has a voting system? You learn something new every day.” She then told him to vote for the girl he like, at first, confusing struck his face. Arabelle then gestured to Spangie. Realization hit him at the drop of the hat. He grabbed Arabelle’s shoulder and quickly said, making sure no one else heard. “We are friends, nothing more, nothing less.” He said, letting go of her shoulder. He turned around heading back to the water.

@Spangie @Arabelle
Spangies voice echoed through his mind. Just jump in! It shouted as the formal maniac within him struggled to suppress it, he looked up to see a dock the lead out into the water,  there would be collateral damage if he jumped in. He thought to himself, standing there contemplating, he came to a conclusion. “Oh, what the h***.” He said looking down the dock. He began running down the dock slowing gaining speed. “Kanonenkugel!” He shouted cannonball in german, but that's not important, what is important is the fact he was jumping off the wooden boating dock, spiralling through the air, adjusting to the right position to get the biggest splash, landing in front of the Spangie and Arabelle, he tried to get Hazado to but, he went under the water before he could, point its, victory achieved. He then stayed underwater, and opened his eyes, he could only see a few feet in front of him, so, he quickly swam towards the deeper parts of the “ocean”. He emerged, a little over six meters away from the two girls. Starred at the two with a uncontrollably evil grin, his hair already drying as his head bobs up and down in the waves. “How's that?” He said, trying to do a thumbs up, but forcing his hands back underwater to resume swimming and no, as you would without using hands and legs, sinking. He swam in place for a moment then went back under the water. Emerging in front of the two again. “Slap me and I return fire…” He stated. Then he said. “Wanna hear a fact about the ocean? Did you know there are more airplanes in the ocean, than submarines in the sky?” He said playfully, his voice straining to be humorous.

“Yeah, you should be,” She giggled, patting him on the shoulder. “Its Aincrad, it can be whatever it wants to be!” Her face turning into a grin.“Eh, he’ll be alright. Won’t you?” She flashed faked an innocent smile to @Grimm and Agni. “Don’t worry,” she sighed, giving a thumbs up. 

A small hint of red came across her face as she treaded through the water, “O-oh, thanks I guess,” she stammered, keeping her face to the sun. “It’s okay..” she muttered, crossing her arms. @Hazado

Her emotions switched as she watched Grimm land in the water with a satisfying splash, letting her head get hit with a wave of water. “Whooo!” She giggled, bumping one fist in the air while the other treads the water. “That was awesome!” A bright curve on her face, “See?! What’s I tell you?!” She joked, “Eheh.. very funny,” she rolled her eyes and smiled. “Good luck drying your clothes though,” she gave a wicked grin and slowly made her way to the edge of the beach. “Whoooo, that felt good,” she sighed, squeezing the water out of her hair and collapsing onto the warm sand. “Now, for a small nap..” she muttered to herself, placing her hands behind her head and closing her eyes with a small smile. And just like that, she was out cold.

When Spangie said what did I tell you, Grimm immediately stated “Spangie, don’t jinx yourself.” He then realized he would get his clothes wet but since they were already wet, he didn’t care. He continued swimming around for a while, heck, he went under and strain to stay there for a long as possible. He emerged, bored again, as usual. He walked up to the beach and attached a small thread between to beach trees, which he assumed were palm trees. Then he took off his shirt and hung it over it to dry. He looked down. There was no way he was gonna undress that much in a public area like this. HE walked back to the beach to see Spangie unconscious. An evil grin formed on his face. “Now is my time…” He said sounding almost diabolical. He walked over to a decently made sand castle, grabbed the bucket. Turned around, heading back to Spangie. Looking to his right he saw two girls laying on beach towels. “Well, that makes seven.” He said nodding slowly. He arrived at Spangies spot, the bucket now filled with water. He was about to dump it on her we he began having second thoughts. What if she overreacts? It's not that good of a prank. He just stood there for a moment. Thinking. Contemplating the several possible outcomes.

Seeing @Grimm  swim in the water he smiled at him like he was saying 'Good Job'. Being a bit exhausting he walks out of the water just after Spangie, As he saw her fall to the ground his thought went like Maybe i can take a rest on the beach as well, just a small nap maybe. As he looks up to he sky Spangie was already out cold. As he looks around seeing two girls talking to eath other and Arabelle still in the water. He sat down crossing his legs and arms. looking around and taking his time, slowly his head went down and still sitting in the same posistion he fell asleep just as quick as he jumped into the water before. Now almost completely dry Hazado was sleeping with his arms and leggs crossed and his head down to his chest relexing his slowly baking his muclely body in the sun.

Arabelle giggled quietly at @Spangie's obliviousness and watched as the girl entered the water after her. Somehow, she wasn't surprised. Probably even expected it. She quickly submerged her head underwater once again and resurfaced, squeezing the hair out of her ponytail. Then, she lied on her back and let herself float, allowing for a brief moment of peace before she would start splashing everyone else with water.

...which was quickly interrupted by a loud splash! and lots of seawater raining down on her. The purple-haired girl found her footing on the sand once again and let out an annoyed sound that was somehow like a mix between a growl and a laugh. She looked around and found @Grimm swimming away from her, and a smirk formed on her lips. Bring. It. On! He swam back towards them, teasing them about slapping him. "Revenge!" Arabelle cheered. She reached down and splashed him in the face with water as he was talking. Then, she went under the water and grabbed his legs, pulling him down under the water with her. Arabelle smiled innocently as their gazes met and paddled away as fast as her arms and legs could take her. She resurfaced a few meters away from where she had been floating awhile ago and called out. "The name's Arabelle! You better  remember it!"

She spent a few more minutes playing in the water alone, trying out a few strokes she had learned maybe around three years ago and failing all of them. Now a bit tired, she spotted Angie making her way towards the shore and @Hazado following the girl like a lost puppy. Should I tell her? Or should I keep watching? Either way, she followed the girl to the shore as well. Her clothes still dripping wet, she approached Seb who was standing before Angie and holding a bucket full of water, stuck between two very important choices. "I'd get one for Hazado too, if I were you," Arabelle suggested with a laugh. Then she turned around and trotted towards a discarded bucket and filled it with water as well. She walked back to Seb and grinned mischievously. "Wanna do it?"

Edited by Arabelle

(A few minutes ago)

Fortunately @Arabelle reacted to the large cannonball. He splashed him back, in the face. He reacted by closing his eyes and spit out the water in his mouth, and remained doing so for about a second before something under the water grabbed his legs. “Oh, Scheis-*gurgling sounds*.” His German cursing was interrupted by him being pulled under the water. He refaced, with a sinister look on his face. “Well, *spits* played. Well played.” Of course he instantly went into a way to get her back. “Don’t worry, I’ll remember the name, Arabelle.” He grinned and dramatically and slowly sunk under the water. Which he resurfaced at the shoreline.

(Present Bucket Prank)
He was sitting there wondering what to do with the bucket, there was @Hazado and @Spangie. Better to dump it on someone he knew am I right fell- His train of thought was interrupted by Arabelle. Who suggested to get a bucket for both of them. He smiled evilly. “You little rebel, I like you.” He waited until she got back with her bucket. “Ready? Set, REVENGE!” He shouted dumping the entire bucket over Arabelle’s head. He immediately bolted down the beach, turning at the dock, and jumping back into the water, not remembering where he dropped the bucket. Then, he looked back at the shore to see what she would do.

Edited by Grimm

The blonde player’s eyes shot open as she heard several shouts and laughter, “Huh..?” She bolted straight up and rubbed her eyes, “Who woke me up?” She narrowed her eyes at @Arabelle and @Grimm. “It was one of you two was it?” The player shook her head and sat up, “Darn, you guys are annoying,“ she chuckled and grabbed the bucket off of the sandy beach and charged towards the water, “You guys are gonna regret waking me up!” She giggled, scooping up some water. Getting in a fighting stance, she picked out who would be her victim. Hm.. Arabelle? Nah, she wasn’t the one who woke me up.. she thought before glancing at Grimm. A Cheshire like smirk arose from her face as she slowly made her way to the player, “C’mere,” she chuckled, “A little water doesn’t hurt!” She cackled before dashing off at full speed.

The mischievous purple-haired player bounced on her heels excitedly, the water sloshing off the bucket she was carrying. @Grimm started a countdown and as he was close to saying 'Go!', Arabelle lifted her bucket and hovered over @Hazado's sleeping form. But really, I'm not gonna pour it on Hazado. Seb would be a more suitable target!  "Revenge!" the other player suddenly shouted. Arabelle was a bit slower to react and it resulted in the water from Seb's getting dumped onto her head. The water from her bucket arced over Hazado and landed harmlessly on the spot Seb had been standing on earlier. "Aaaagghhh! That was my idea, too!" Arabelle complained with a pout, dropping the plastic bucket. She quickly looked around the beach and saw the boy jumping off the docks.

Arabelle was about to charge right after him, but then @Spangie woke up, visibly pissed off with her and Seb's shouting. The girl smirked. Still dripping wet, she suddenly hugged Angie and faked a couple of sobs and an unusually childish tone. "Angieee!! Seb dumped a bucket of water on me! He's being such a meanie!" she tattled. Her ally successfully secured, she pulled away from the hug and pointed at the ocean. "He's over there! Let's get him!" With that, she ran up the docks and jumped into the water, grinning evilly at Seb. "Two versus one!" she cheered, splashing the boy with water.

Waking up from his little sleep he looks around, seeing a big spot of water next to him, Wondering how he didn't wake up or got wet from that he looks around. Rubbing his eyes he stands up and stretches. What the heck happened, and why is there water next to me He was thinking to himself, Looking over to the beach @Grimm jumped into the water as fast as he was. Knowing somehow that Grimm had to do something with it. As he looked over to @Spangie and @Arabelle he was putting the spices together, Arabelle is wet from something and Grimm is jumped into the water. somehow he thinks he was the official target but Someone changed their mind and targeted Arabelle.

As he picked up the bucket next to him he walks to the water hoping not to get spotted by the two girls. As he fills the bucket with water he looks at Grimm who was now in the water surely hiding away from someone. As Spangie was also holding a bucket with water he knew of something. To think of it I'm completely dry and Arabelle is not, so I know who got targeted with the bucket. But it was both Grimm and Arabelle who woke me up. Why not play innocent until the time is right. And he took an evil grin on his face. slowly walking up to both Spangie and Arabelle with much stealth as he could. Also hoping to scare them a bit by walking up from behind.

As he got them he prepared for the bucked Spangie was holding. He took a breath and said loud "BOOH"  Hoping for the scare he keeped talking from there "So can I know what is going on, and why there was water next to me? Before it starts raining on both of you. " he was now holding the bucket full of water above the two. "so who is going to tell me before I can't keep this bucket up anymore."  Pointing out that the bucket was slowly tilting. Putting a grin on his face he looked at Grimm once more who was still in the water hiding from someone.

Grimm looked back at the beach to see the other two had awoken from their slumber. He swam back to shore, seeing that the two girls had targeted him with buckets, they both were filled with water. “Oh crap…” He said. Arabelle then shouted two verses one. “Oh yeah! This seems fair and accurate!” He shouted running down the beach past the two player who seemed to still be suntanning (Embers & Froppy). He then tried to loop around them, unfortunately tripping in the sand, but getting to his feet in a matter of seconds. He ran down the dock which had a bucket at the end of it, he grabbed it, got some water from the ocean. Turned around in an aggressive stance, and said: “Bring it on!” Fortunately, Hazado was holding a bucket above the two girls. “Yeah! Get em’ Hazado!” He said enthusiastically as the tables turned to his favor. He then gave him a thumbs up. “Do it!” He repeated frantically, hoping he would get to watch a train wreck up close and personal.

How do I get in these situations.. she sighed, holding up her bucket of water. “Well I guess we have to dump water on him now,” she grinned cheerfully at @Arabelle‘s playfulness. “Oi, pick on someone your own size!” She balled up a fist and waved them in the air at @GrimmAnd he’s back in the water.. 

After running around like headless chicken with pail of water for a few minutes, she was in a situation that was out of her control. “Eek!” The player jumped almost like a cat on end. “That’s not fair!” She pouted, lucking up at the bucket of water above her head. “I can’t even frekin’ reach that high!” The blonde whined.

After a few heartbeats, a thought ran through her mind. “Well.. what happened was.. Surprise!” She held her bucket and dumped its remains on @Hazado‘s head. After giving a few giggles and laughs she ran away quickly before she can get splashed with a metric ton of water.

Embers opened her eyes. The noise the others were making was finally starting to annoy her. She had no issues with people enjoying themselves, however she hadn’t come to the beach to listen to them prattle on loudly. Sitting up on her towel, her crimson eyes glared at the four that were…having some water fight? Embers let out a sigh, she didn’t care to join them in the water. She lacked the outfit for it, the clothes for it, and the care for it.

“Kids…” She muttered under her breath “Always active, always loud…” Leaning back down and resting on her towel, the red-haired girls mind wandered. She was lazily watching the group in the water fight their battle as she pondered what she wanted to do today. She knew, of late, that she had been lazy with being active. But then again, she just hadn’t been feeling like pushing herself. “Wonder what Rowans doing…?” She muttered again, somewhat curious where her familiar had vanished of to during this time.

Tsu scooted over a little bit closer to Embers and leaned back beside her. Embers had said that kids were always and active and loud, to which Tsu nodded in agreement. "They always are aren't they, ribbit? It's a little cute to watch, but that's about it. But they're having their fun, so I won't stop them from doing that, rrrrrrrribbit.Tsu said, lazily watching the four play in the water as well. Tsu felt calm watching them, but she wasn't sure how Embers would feel about it. Looking at her, Embers was just being her usual self, so she probably was enjoying it inside, but not on the outside. "So Embers, what have you been up to lately, ribbit? I still can't believe you of all people came here, but just glad to see you kind of enjoying yourself." Tsu said, looking Embers up and down. Breaks like this were just sweet.

As he laughs a bit @Spangie there, he turns to her looking her into the eyes  " I'm not that much taller than you Spangie, I'm 5.9 you look around 5.5" as he keeps the bucket of water above the two girls." I always have some tricks up my sleeve, somehow. " As he hears @Grimm Say  "Yeah, Get them Hazado"  he looks over to Grimm and just smiles, knowing Grimm has something to do with this.

As he looks back at Spangie who looks a bit jumped,  Thinking to himself I kind of feel bad now I made her jump like that. As he waiting for her to answer his question. But as she was about to tell him she yelled "Surprise!" As water hit his face. The bucket he was holding above the two girls then tilted but She jumped out of the way before she got hit by the water in the bucket. Unfurtenutly the @Arabelle got the full hit of the water. As he realized what happened he dropped the bucket on the ground and gives Arabelle a smile, seeing the other girl now run from him. "Aarg you little,"  He said ran after the girl that was running from him. as he turned around to Arabelle for a second who got hit by his water bucket "Sorry Arabelle, I will make it up for you."  He yelled back to Arabelle and continued to get Spangie.

As he ran after Spangie who was a bit far away now, but it didn't matter to Him at all. Hazado was getting closer and closer to Spangie "You can't run from you, I will be caught up very soon"  as he ran faster and faster almost in reach for him to tackle Spangie I won't tackle her this time though He thought to himself. He was right next to her Saying  "And where are you going Cu.. Girl"  As he grabbed her shoulder and pulled her down to the ground Luckily for her, Hazado took most of the fall by landing on his back.

Edited by Hazado

It was then that the boy's snoring came to a stop. Pinball yawned, rubbing his hands across his face. Where am I? In his groggy state, he couldn't immediately recall. However, after a brief moment, it came to him. He had come to this floor to read and sunbathe. It was the closest he'd get to Florida's sunshine in Aincrad; something he missed immensely despite his move to Japan. Pinball sat up, sand sticking to the back of his head and clothes. He wore a dark-blue bathing suit, and a tanktop; both were completely covered in sand at this point. The noise coming from the other side of the beach was loud and only getting louder, and it had woken him from his nap. A grumpy Pinball rubbed his hands across his eyes, only spreading the mess of sand. With a scowl he pushed himself to his feet, staggering across to the other side of the beach. 

And by God, he wished he had stayed. A beach party, Pinball thought, I didn't know this was a harem anime. Looking about, there were certainly more girls than there were guys. And the guys seem like they're enjoying themselves, he noted. He glanced about the shore, picking out the people he recognized. Arabelle, Spangie, Froppy... Embers. That's nice. Lovely day to get my ass beat. Pinball watched as one of the guys chased after and pulled Spangie to the ground. A little ways from them, Froppy and Embers were talking, while Arabelle looked like she was playing around with the second male player. Pinball kicked the sand, looking across the beach, where he had once slept. You can't hear through sand, right?

She give a loud laugh and covered her mouth, attempting not snort, "I got you~" she cooed as she ran, looking as if she was about to explode. "You can try!" she hollered, a bright grin on her face. It was then she noticed an awkward figure lurking around the sand. "Hey, thats @Pinball!" she stopped for a moment, waving her hands in the air. "Hey Pinballl!" she shouted, cupping one hand over her mouth to louden the sound. only a few seconds closer did she fall back and land on a figure. "Ouf!" she grunted, flailing her arms. "Kyaaahhh! I've been trapped!" she yelled sarcastically. "May someone help me!" she snorted jokingly, quickly standing up. "Heheh.. that was your fault," she giggled in a teasing manner and patted @Hazado on the head and skipped off joyfully.

"Hey Pinball!" the blonde ran up to the shy player and punched him on the shoulder, "What brings you here? I didn't know you went to beach parties," she chuckled, grabbing his shoulder. "So are you here to get a good look on some beach babes?" she giggled, reaching out her hand and pointing at several girls on the beach. "Nah, you're too awkward for that," she shrugged, backing away a few inches and and ruffled his hair.  "You never seemed like a person who would go swimming to me," she scrunched her eyebrows and rubbed her chin. "Hmm.."