(OP-F16) The Beach Volleyball Episode

In almost every anime that Fae had ever seen growing up, there was a beach or hot springs episode at some point. Whether that be Rurouni Kenshin or My Hero Academia, pretty much all of them had that episode. But knowing that people wouldn't just show up to show up, Fae decided to throw in an incentive anyone would want, col. Fae had gotten a large space for a party on floor 16 with a volleyball net set up, as well as a snack table. On the sides of the volleyball net were plenty of chairs for people to watch if they wanted to not participate. Fae put up some flyers around Aincrad to advertise the event, and once Fae had gotten everything ready, she sat down in her high referee chair near the volleyball net. 

Flyer:

Spoiler

Hey players of Aincrad! Summer is starting soon, so why not kick it off with a beach episode? There will be a girls volleyball game on floor 16, right on the beach! The MVP decided by a poll wins 2,000 col! Hope to see you there, and bring some beach attire! Boys can come and watch too! Special hopes to see @Kairi, @Embers, @Froppy, and @Hestia!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Embers looked at the flyer in her hand. A beach party? She knew half of what it was saying. Col and beach parties, however, Volleyball?! Embers knew the absolute basics of the game, and that was putting it lightly. But, why not? She made her way up to the 16th floor, and it didn’t take long to find it. And the fact she was the only one who had rocked up so far.

The girl looked up at Fae with her confident smile. She was wearing a black tube top, as well as short jeans and boots. She enjoyed the sunshine, even if it was fake, on her bare skin. Whenever she went out to the beach, she usually wore something like this. Her boyfriend had double edged feelings at it, which made Embers laugh at the memory.

“Oi Fae!”She called out, walking up to the chair where the younger girl sat “Surely I can’t be the only one who saw this invite eh?”

As Hazado sees the Flyer he takes a closer look at it, Beach party and volleyball. It sounds great to go to even the part of the volleyball he was good at most sports and isn't turning down a sports challenge down easily. Knowing that there will be many people there, maybe it will give him a chance to make some friends instead of staying alone. not paying any attention to the col he could get he gets his stuff and moves to floor 16.

Coming on floor 16 it was not hard to find the Beach party at all. walking onto the beach he only sees two players on the beach and not more, wondering if he was late or just early he walks up the other players a bit nervous because of his fear of other people,  "H... Hi there, I'm I, Ju... Just early or is this i... it? " as he walks up to @Embers And @Fae 

Tsu hadn't been to the beach in a while, ever since she had went with Pag, but today was going to be different apparently. Tsu had seen the flyers, and her username was listed in the "Special hopes to see", along with three others. Tsu wasn't sure how to feel about this, but she decided to just go to the party regardless. It was an easy to hopefully get some col and have fun. Unlike some people, Tsu had paid extra close attention to the fact that the col went to the winner of a poll. Knowing that guys would there as well, Tsu decided to wear her green and white two piece bikini that barely contained her rack. Once she arrived, Tsu spotted Embers, Fae, and another player she didn't recognize. Tsu gave a quick wave to Fae before walking up to Embers and patting her on the shoulder. "Hey Embers, ribbit. Glad to see you here. Even if we started off on the wrong foot, I'm sure we can have plenty of fun out here, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu greeted, a small smile on her face. The sun felt great on her skin, and Tsu already started to unwind. "So, how have you been lately Embers, rrrrrrrribbit?"

@Embers

On the first floor of Aincrad, Arabelle spotted a flyer posted on one of the Starting City's many public boards. It was colored brighter than most and didn't seem to be another party request from a player, so she backtracked quickly and approached the board. Floor 16. Beach episode. Girls' Volleyball. She took note of the venue and backed away from the board, swiping her 'messages' tab open. Seems like fun! And she knew the exact person she was going to ask to come with her.

To: @Spangie

Floor 16. Beach party. Girls' Volleyball. Beach party. If you're not busy, wanna come and build sandcastles with me? Pretty please?

PS. Looking forward to your swimsuit! o3o

She pressed 'Send' and hummed to herself cheerfully as she made her way to the town's teleporter.

Around half an hour later, she arrived at the party's venue, dressed for the occasion. Well, not really. She didn't have the...assets required to pull off a bikini look, so instead, she came wearing a light green shirt and a pair of black swimming shorts. And, oddly enough, a white glove covering the entire length of her right forearm. (She was also wearing a bikini top underneath her shirt, but had no plans in showing it off). She stopped, just a few meters from the people already on the beach and talking amongst themselves, and breathed in. It had been a long time since she visited a beach, maybe more than four years ago, and she had forgotten how the sound of the waves crashing against the shore felt so...refreshing. Arabelle gave the venue a once-over - only a few players around, she had come early once again - and spotted @Froppy. The frog girl was wearing a bikini that showed off an impressive-looking rack and speaking with a red-haired girl. I might as well greet her while Angie isn't here. Arabelle approached the two and waved. "Hello, Tsu. Lovely day for a swim, huh? Are you joining the volleyball game?"

Edited by Arabelle

Spangie sighed as she opened a message from Arabelle, her face slowly turning into a grin as she read through it. “A beach party is just what I need right now,” she puffed in relief. She looked down at her familiar. “Can you go in water..?” A snort replied, “Guess not,” her eyes widened. I need to look for clothes!

A solid hour later, she appeared at the party with a orange bakini too and black swim shorts. “Where’s Arabelle?” She muttered right before locking her gaze a familiar shade of purple. She dashed over to the girl, her chest heaving as she skidded to a halt. “I’m.. here! To build a sand castle!” She grinned, Agni trotting slowly behind her. She sighed happily as she watched the blue waves roll in. This feels like heaven.

@Arabelle

Edited by Spangie

Fae watched as people showed up one by one. As she expected, there was way more girls than guys so far. The one guy, @Hazado, that had shown up so far asked if he was early and Fae nodded her head as she hopped down from her chair. "Yes sir, you were just a bit early." Fae answered. @Embers and @Froppy had shown up, which got Fae a bit excited. "Oi Embers! You weren't the only one, but thanks for coming! Nice tube top, shows off the right amount of skin. But Frops and @Spangie have the chest for the guys' vote. But the col isn't the important part, just have fun! The volleyball game will be starting soon, once we get enough players for a 4v4." Fae said, speaking to everyone toward the end of her little speech. It was good to see people enjoying themselves like this.

Hazado walks behind a tree for a second changing his metal armor into some orange with black Hawaiian style flowers swimming trunks that just about to hit his knees showing his body build that of someone that goes to the gym more than once in the week. He joins the conversation again, Saying to @Fae  "No need to... to call me sir, I'm 19 so yea no need .. you make me ... me feel older then I'm. Ooh, yea my... my name is Hazado nice to meet you all." He says a bit nervous sounding in his voice being around with all girls and being alone in his swimming trunks and the fact that he mostly avoids players. He smiles just to not let know how nervous he is really.  As he strokes his hair back a bit, the blue part of his hair just falls back in front of his face.

Edited by Hazado

Spangie shrugged and giggled. “Oh yeah, I definitly- wait what?” She froze, squinting at the seemingly innocent girl. This poor child has seen too much. She sighed and rubbed the side of her head. “Did I hear that right?” She coughed, looking down at the smaller than average player. “Heheh.. I think my ears are messing with me,” she plugged her fingers in her ears. “Yup, I heard nothing, lalalalala,” she held her eyes closed. @Fae

After her small ‘weirded out’ fest, she sighed and brushed off her arms. “A volleyball game sounds good right about now, she mumbled. So bored, there’s nothing to doooo! She groaned, rubbing her eyes. “You! Hazado dude!” She shouted and pointed to @Hazado,”Hi!” Her voice softened and she grinned gave a small wave. 

Edited by Spangie

Tsu hadn't expected to see @Arabelle at this party, but it was nice seeing her regardless. Before Tsu could say anything else back, @Fae welcomed everyone, but when she said that Tsu and Spangie had the "chest for the guys' vote", Tsu was a bit surprised. She hadn't expected for Fae to say anything like that. Turning back to Arabelle, Tsu slightly blushed before talking. "Nice to see you Arabelle, ribbit. It's definitely a great day for a swim. But I'll be playing volleyball, ribbit. I would never have worn something so... exposing if there wasn't the vote prize. You look great today, how do I look, rrrrrrrrribbit?" Tsu asked, looking out at the ocean. It looked rather pretty glistening in the sunlight.

"After she arrived, Arabelle noticed that the event wasn't receiving as many guests as Nova's ball did. Maybe people felt too awkward meeting people while wearing swimsuits. Arabelle glanced down at her (flat) chest. I would, too. So when her friend arrived, Arabelle noticed her instantly. The small purple-haired girl waved, but it didn't seem necessary as @Spangie had already noticed her, and she grinned as the blonde approached. Like the rest of the girls, Angie was definitely blessed in the 'chest' section. (Seriously, now she was just starting to envy everyone). "Angie! Sandcastles!" Arabelle cheered, bouncing on her heels like a kid who'd just arrived at a toy store. She looked around quickly and wordlessly pointed to a nice, secluded spot with lots of sand.

But they weren't going to go there just yet. Not while there were other players that kept Arabelle's attention divided. The smallest girl, barely even a teenager, made a comment about the girls' bikinis, and she almost blushed. Little kids were certainly growing at a faster rate nowadays. But, the little green-haired girl seemed very mature, and Arabelle was even pretty sure she was the event organizer. Impressive feat for a kid. Then, the sole male player in the event spoke up, shyly introducing himself. Surrounded by a bunch of pretty girls in bikinis. Gosh, this guy must be in heaven right now. Arabelle smiled assuringly at him. Might as well make him feel welcome. "Hiya @Hazado! I'm Arabelle!" 

"A volleyball game?" Arabelle parroted as her blonde friend mentioned it. She hadn't even thought about joining them and doubted she would do well if she did, but since Angie seemed interested in it...  "That's basically a game of keeping the ball up in the air with a bunch of rules added, right?" she laughed, feeling just a little bit embarrassed. Being more of a music person, she hadn't really invested time in learning about sports back in real life. "Kidding, kidding. I know the basic rules though I'm not really good at it. But if you guys really need someone to fill up a slot, I can join."

She turned to @Froppy as the frog girl spoke to her. Her eyes couldn't resist wandering down to the girl's extremely enviable...rack. "You look lovely today, Tsu! The color definitely suits you." Her cheeks reddened slightly. Tsu's eyes are right up there. "Yeah, I heard about the prize. I didn't know it was going to be a vote, though. Have you ever played beach volleyball, Tsu?" Arabelle's gaze wandered to the only guy in the party. It was just 2,000 Col, something she could probably earn after four quests or so. But, she couldn't help but feel competitive. What I don't have in fanservice appeal, I'll make up for with skills, Arabelle thought determinedly. 

(Okay, maybe she was starting to take this little contest a bit too seriously now.)

Edited by Arabelle

Grimm was walking nearby when he got the following message. 

Hey, players of Aincrad! Summer is starting soon, so why not kick it off with a beach episode? There will be a girls volleyball game on floor 16, right on the beach! The MVP decided by a poll wins 2,000 Col! Hope to see you there, and bring some beach attire! Boys can come and watch too! Special hopes to see Kairi, Embers, Froppy, and Hestia!

"Beach, Volleyball? This should be interesting. Whoa, two thousand Col? Wow! That's a lot... Well, they better have something for the guys other than a seating arrangement. They better have a beach bar..." He said, already walking toward the beachfront. "Well, its a good day for it I guess, I mean, it's not raining." He approached the rapidly growing group of players. "Ladies, and Gentleman. Who is our host? Also, where is the bathroom, and for the love of god don't point towards the ocean. Wait, @Spangie, hows a going? I'm assuming you're here for the competition."

“We need.. Sandcastles! Do they have buckets in SAO though..?” She questioned, frowning. She sighed and nudged @Arabelle with her shoulder, “Are you here for the Col too?” A cheeky grin on her face. “It’s. Going. To. Be. Awesome!” She said with an over happy voice.

She gave a grin as she heard a familiar voice making silly remarks. “Eeek! Hi @Grimm“ She leaped up and squealed excitedly. “How’s it going?” She smiled warmly and gave him a bear hug. After letting go she jumped up and down with a hyper aura. “Are you here to watch us play Volleyball?! Or are you here to go in the water?” She motioned towards the deep blue ocean. “I can’t wait to get in there, it’s been ages since I’ve been swimming!” She said warmly. Her pale blonde hair hair wavered in front of her face all while she blew it away. “Have you ever played Volleyball?” She asked, tilting her head, “I haven’t played in a while and I wanted to warm up before the composition starts.”

Tsu couldn't help but giggle when she noticed that @Arabelle was staring right at her chest for a while. She said that Tsu looked great and the color suited her, to which Tsu put her hands on her hips pridefully with a bigger smile. "Thanks, I like to wear green pretty much all the time, ribbit. But your colors go great too. Also, can you please not stare at my chest? It's embarrassing, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu asked, blushing a little bit more before giggling again. Arabelle said she had known there was a prize, but wasn't aware of the vote, and then asked Tsu if she had played volleyball before. "Yeah, I've played volleyball before on my school team, ribbit. But then I moved on to cheer-leading. Today though, I'm going to mostly be hitting with my tongue, ribbit. Since I'm a bit short, my tongue covers what I can't reach. Just look, rrrrrrrrribbit.Tsu said before sticking out her tongue three feet in the air. She pulled it back in and then giggled. Tsu could tell just by Arabelle looking at her chest, that she was a bit jealous, but Tsu would still try to cheer her up. "Hey, don't worry too much about the fan-service part of the vote, ribbit. There's only two guys here. Just give it your all and have fun, rrrrribbit! But if you are worried, you can always just take a potion to get a bigger chest, ribbit.Tsu said as she started to head over to @Spangie and @Grimm, holding Arabelle's hand. "Hey, what do you three say we go for a quick swim before the game, ribbit?"

"Well, to say the least, I have not seen any Buckets around yet, Maybe there will be one day,"  He says to @Spangie. As another player comes he turns around, Another guy luckily he is not alone. As he walks over to @Grimm Spangie gets to him before he does. Waiting until Spangie was done he introduces himself to the other male player.  "Name is Hazado... Nice to know I'm not the only guy here today."  Beginning to calm a bit, Hazado pushed his feet into the sand.

He looks over to @Froppy Who started to move to them now  "A Swim heck yea "  He says before correcting himself with "I mean... Sure that will be fun."  As he runs past the group he runs into the water before falling over because of the waves hitting his legs. As he falls down into the water he disappears into a wave,  diving up right behind it. "Come on in,"  He says while he pulls hair back that was in front of his eyes. "It not that cold at all,"  He says hoping to get more people into the water, As he waves them over another Wave hits him in the back moving him down underwater once more and coming up again. But the feeling the water gave was so weird, knowing he got into the water but still being in a game felt so weird. As he dives into a wave that was about to hit him.

"Nice to see you too Spangie. No need to overreac-" Grimm was suddenly bear hugged, despite the fact it was a virtual world, he truly felt like he was suffocating. "No, I came all the way here from floor one which took around twenty minutes just to say 'Hi'." He said sarcastically. "Of course I'm here to watch." He said with a somewhat weak-smile. "That and the weather is great." He said making a hand gesture towards the sky.  "And yes, remember I may have mentioned I'm rich IRL? I've played almost every sport out there. Did you know there is such thing as "Underwater Hockey"? Weird I know." He said in humorous voice. He then looked down at his outfit. "I don't have swimming shorts. I may or may not have wanted to stop by to see what this was about. I was wearing this at the time, so yeah. Unprepared as usual. Though I could switch to my cloak, which is not exactly, "buoyant". I mean, have tried swimming with armor plates and a blanket on? It really doesn't end well." He said out of disappointment. Another man approached him. He announced his name was Hazado. "Nice to meet you Hazado, I'm Grimm. Sebastian Grimm, at your service." He ended that sentence with a formal bow. He was German after all. Then another girl who didn't announce herself approached. He slowly tried slipping to the back, he really just wanted some beverages for the time being. "One, two, three, four..." He counted. "Six, six people total... I guess there could be a interesting game. Alright... and the fact that a little over seventy-five percent were female makes this all the more... awkward." He said to himself. He approached Spangie again, who was being dragged towards the water by the girl from earlier. "Please tell me that there is something for us to do. You know, while you guys have all the fun. Is there at least some beverages included?" He said, face full of anxiety. This was good so far, he was at least he was keeping his eyes at his level.

@Hazado @Spangie @Froppy

Edited by Grimm

“Kyaaah! I missed you so much!” She giggled excitedly. “Awe, stop being a party pooper,” she frowned before making it quickly turn into another grin. “Woah?! Really?” She gasped, her eyes wide of wonder. “I want to do that!” She laughed, looking up at he sky. “Yeah I guess it is..” she mumbled and looked up at him. “That’s not an excuse to not swim,” she huffed, pulling him to the edge of the rolling waves. “Who needs swim shorts when you could just jump in here!” She motioned towards the azure ocean. “Hear that?” She giggled, making a funnel with her hands near her ear. “Its the sound of the ocean!” She jumped up and smiled brightly.

She glanced back behind her to find her familiar standing still at a small circle of grass. “Hey Agni, you have to get on this too!” She barked, dragging herself to her familiar before picking him up and throwing him into the ocean with a ferocious yelp. “See? He’s loving it!” She grinned with eyes closed at @Grimm. She was clearly ignoring her familiars growls as he stepped out of the water with wet fur and a scowl on his face. “Eheh.. tada!” She made small jazz hands and smiled nervously. 

There seemed to be many more people than Embers knew, but a few she did know. Tsu, the frog-girl from Stryders guild, and Fae who started it. But other than that, that was about it. She watched the other girls arrive, and wondered a bit about where the guys were. Typically, at least during her trips, when there was a girls game on a the beech, boys were swarming around. Maybe these people were different? She shrugged, and laughed at Fae’s comment.

Embers stood at 6’0, and while her outfit did show off her body, it wasn’t the same as bikini, nor was it meant to be. Embers knew a fact, she was attractive. Curvy, tall and not lacking. Back in the real world, going out to bars and clubs, there was never a time she couldn’t get someones eyes, if she wanted it. As of now, there really wasn’t anyone who picked her fancy.

She turned to @Arabelle, and shrugged “No idea, I don’t play games like that, but I might” She wasn’t sure if she was just gunna lie on the beach or not, but she’d play it by ear. Play it by what she saw. The tall girl accessed her inventory, pulling a towel out and lying on her back, basking in the sunlight. It wasn’t real, but it was so close that she could just enjoy it. She heard conversation happening around her, but opted to ignore it for now. For now, she’d wait, partly because outside of two of them, she didn’t know any and didn’t care much for them. If they approached her, maybe? Unlike some, Embers didn’t do the planning part of, well, any aspect of her life.

Tsu watched as Spangie, Grimm, and Hazado all had their fun. Tsu was just about to get in the water when she noticed @Embers lay down on a blanket on the sand. Tsu gave a quick wave bye before walking up to Embers and laying down beside her. "Hey Embers, ribbit. Just saw you alone so I figured I could talk to you. Do you feel confident about the competition, ribbit? I wore this bikini just for the vote, so I hope it pays off. Me and you are about the same size in chest, so I wish you good luck, rrrrribbit." Tsu said as she stared at Embers' chest for a few seconds. "I didn't expect to see you here honestly, ribbit. Can I ask why you came? You don't really seem like the type to come, rrrrrrrribbit."

feeling really Calm now Hazado walks back out of the water, a bit rilling from the cold wind. as he walks out of the water he stands next to Grimm and Spangie, seeing Spangie throwing her familiars into the water who gets out all growling. Standing next to Spangie he puts his hand on his hip looking into the ocean Saying to @Spangie  "That was very nice, but a bit cold somehow ... well, It was a surprise to see anyone else enjoy them self like that ...  never thought ... a beaut... " Before stopping mid-sentence "Ignore what... what I just said okay" a bit blushing now Hazado looks a bit away and puts his hands behind his head. " By the way, I didn't catch your name Girl, you seem to know each other well."  As he looks over to Grimm.

Just before he jumped into the water he heard him saying about him playing many sports before. " @Grimm, I heard you saying you played many sports before, like what if I may ask? I myself did many sports as well, and I never stopped sporting in a gym. Played Basketball most of the time, Apparently, I was the best of my team"  as he says this he makes it look like he is throwing a basketball into the hoop. 

Looking at both Grimm and Spangie "Maybe you can introduce me to the rest of your friends there ... I really don't know anyone here and ... well, I found out the hard way you can't stay alone ... even if I Avoid people most of the time. Maybe just Maybe we can become good friends? "  He says with a Smile that gives out a warm feeling to many around them.