[PP-F1] More Potions, Much Wow <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Sharr walked around the town of beginnings looking for an old man who was supposed to be named Zackariah. ‘Okay, if I want to get the ropes of this game I would need to find this guy, now which house would you be hiding? Gaaaaaaaaaaaahh I should at least have asked that player where he lives!’ He thought as he went from house to house looking through each window searching for the name Zackariah among all the NPCs. ‘Tsk this no use, I should probably go back to asking questions again.’ Sharr went to every player he sees, hoping that he would answer their questions. “Hey-hey good da-“ He started before getting ignored as his first attempt to ask a player about Zackariah failed. “Yo! What’s up! Would you at least spend some time helpi-“ Every player he went to ignored him and seemed busy in their own way. ‘This is going nowhere, how unluc-‘ “Ow! Watch where you’re go- Oh hi there! Do you mind helping a newbie find a man named Zackariah?” He said trying to test his luck one last time.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Benjamin was relaxing at his shop, a small cart he used on the first floor to try and find newer players faster, when someone he hadn't met before approached.  He was asking for directions to the NPC in charge of the alchemy quest, one that Ben had done at the start of his career.  Oh, I know where that is- I've done that quest before.  Let me just close up shop and I can help out- it's not like I have too many players beating down the door for orders.  He quickly popped a closed sign on top of the counter, which seemed to be all he needed, and then pulled what appeared to be a foot and a half long caterpillar from the folds of his scarf, and laid the (very annoyed) creature on the counter as well.  Sebastian, you watch the shop for a moment.  We got another soon to be alchemist to help out. 

@Sharr

(OOC: You know this isn't Earning a Living right?)

'Finally scored one! Good job Sharr you are not that kind of guy that everyone avoids because of who you are!' Sharr thought making himself feel good about his life. He watched as the player closed up his shop. The boy also mentioned that he does not get alot of customers. "I can't believe that even in this world, some jobs struggle to get alot people in it." Then he took out something from his scarf, a catterpillar. At first he was amazed, and somewhat gross out, but when he recognized what it was he felt that this may be popular among high level players. 'Must be one of those familliar thingies...' "You know, I have seen a lot of familliars lately ranging from a Frost Dragon to a Nine-tailed fox, and you my friend have the weirdest one yet. Anyways, the name is Sharr, here to follow you to wherever that quest guy is!" He said pointing his thumb to himself.

Edited by Sharr

Ben nodded in the sentiment.  Benjamin Bookworm, pleased to meet you.  Yea, I guess a lot of players just use the few starting items and never buy anything else, since they can just push through most fights by attacking really hard.  Even when I offer cheap or free stuff for newer players, they just don't show up.  He sighed, glad at least one of the new people would listen.  He started his route toward the house they would need to visit, just on the edge of town. 

Actually, this should be a good quest line to help you get a feel for the items they have to produce.  The alchemy NPC in charge of this one gives a bunch of different things to you when you finish up, so it's like a free sample of everything.  They arrived at the house as he was talking, with Ben checking is HUD for the information he needed.  Yep, here we are.  One beginner quest right inside. 

@Sharr

"Gonna finish this up then! A few sample of anything is my everything." Sharr said in reply. Soon enough they reached the house. "Well, first one out of the three, let's do this!" Sharr said with a sigh. He entered the building after knocking on the door. Inside, they were greeted by a rather old man in the middle of making a potion. 'So this guy is the quest NPC? Damn, he looks like my hippie high school friend making another drink mixing it with 420, oh the memories...' He thought as he stared at Zackariah.

"Well, don't be shy, come in, come in." Zackariah started. "I am the alchemist, Zackariah. I am here to teach adventurers such as yourself the basics of being one. Alright, let's start, I do have a little something I need to do, but as you can see, I am quite the busy man. I see that you're a promising man, fetch me three herbs from the forest near this town, and bring them to me."

After the NPC gave the quest, Sharr made his way out of the house, excited for what was to come. He turned to Benjamin Bookworm and said, "Hey Benjamin Book- Nope, I'll call you Benjay, let's get this one done fast! I wanna get to your level, then be on the frontlines ASAP! And this will be my first step in doing so." He said as he marched towards the way to the forest of the First Floor.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Sharr
  • 2 months later...

Ben shook his head, a little surprised at the hurry that his companion was in.  OK, well make sure you have gotten all the information about the quest first, and read it carefully.  We don't get a lot of information in this game, so we have to take in what we can.  Your life may depend on it some day. Ben warned.  I've been on some quests where one of our group missed something important, and we would up going in circles for a few hours because of it. He followed Sharr out to the nearby wooded area, memories of the first time he did this quest flooding into his mind.  The area would be a lot easier to search through, but it wouldn't really matter since he could not use what they found here for anything outside of the first quest.  All right, you ready to take your first steps on the quest? 

@Sharr