{PP-F2} Pok- SAO Rescue Team! <<Let There Be Light>>

It was early morning, and the sky was sunny. There was a slight breeze, and the trees whispered as the wind blew through their leaves. The teenager took a second, trying to remember all the people he had invited on this quest. Two, he confirmed, counting up the players in question on his finger. That might have been a mistake. He hadn't meant to invite them both; but he had, and the both of them had said yes. Ohh, boy, his head swirled. He hoped this wasn't a bad decision. Pinball opened his menu with a flick of his fingers, scrolling down to his Friends List and typing up a quick message to the two: his bearded friend, Reinholt, and the purple-haired girl, Arabelle. With a whoosh, the message was sent, leaving Pinball to let out a sigh, leaning back on the bench in which he sat. I miss being able to crack my backhe thought, remembering real life. Then, more bitterly, you're going to have one hell of a stiff back when you wake upWith that, Pinball sat up straight, patting the wooden bench, watching the teleportation pad in the distance anxiously. 

Spoiler

TO: @Reinholt @Arabelle

Subject: Let There Be Light

Message: Hey-yo, it's me. If any of you two feel like doing the quest I was talking about earlier, you should meet up with me on the Second Floor. If not, I can do it myself - but it might be pretty cool to do it as a group. How about it? Let me know. :^>

( @Etherial

Edited by Pinball

Walking out of the Inn Etherial started to stretch as she smells the nice smell of spring on this floor. Looking around seeing all the players spending there times outside and not trapped inside. She chuckles a little. “Us players spending time outside. Were trapped inside a game.” She says to herself while she looks around. Eventually making up her mind on what she was wanting to do she sat on this bench next to some strange man. Grand it she’s terrified of men but he doesn’t seem to me a guy to mess with girls. Approaching to the bench her white hair blows in the wind. “Excuse me sir is anyone sitting there?” She says to him with a statement behind it. “I’d would like to sit there if you wouldn’t mind.” She smiles at him as she waits for his response. While waiting on his response she looked up seeing how the beautiful this floor is. It almost reminds her of home. She smiles some more.

@Pinball, @Reinholt, @Arabelle

Sitting on the edge of a small house's rooftop (don't ask how she got there) and swinging her legs, Arabelle's brief moment of peace amidst Floor 2's wooden houses and colorful flowers was interrupted with the ping of a message notification. The purple-haired girl shook herself from her daydreaming and opened the PM curiously. It was from @Pinball, the boy who had helped her on her Performer quest and had agreed to help her with yet another one. She lazily read through the contents of the message and noticed the player name listed next to hers. A guy (probably) named @Reinholt. Wonder how many friends Pinball has? He hadn't informed her that there would be other players tagging along, though she didn't mind the extra company.

Arabelle stood, stepping away from the edge of the rooftop, and scoped out the town. If she remembered correctly, the quest took place in the same floor she was in, and Pinball might already be here... She smirked as an idea formed in her head. The purple-haired girl turned in the direction of the town's teleporter and hopped onto a nearby roof. And another. And another. Until she was running, like one of those anime characters off on an important mission. She stopped and quickly sat down, giving the teleport pad's immediate area a quick once-over. Amongst the players present in the area, she spotted a boy sitting on a bench, staring at the teleporter. A girl (@Etherial) was standing beside him. Probably talking to him. She grinned, recognizing his slightly messed-up hair and lanky figure. There!

Arabelle roof-hopped some more until she was directly behind and above him, crouched down so he wouldn't end up spotting her shadow. "Pin!" She dropped in behind him (ignoring the tingling sensation that had now spread through her legs) and shoved him on the back lightly. She waited for him to turn around and waved cheekily. "Hello, there~. I'm here and," she puffed. "Ready for the quest! Is someone coming along with us?"

Spoiler

BATTLE STATS

~STATS 
Level: 3 - 8 SP
60  HP
6 Energy
4 Damage
1 Accuracy
2 Paralyze

~EQUIPPED
» [T1 - Perfect] Shikama Dōji -- Enhancements: Paralyze, Paralyze, Accuracy 
» [T1 - Vanity] Starter Light Armor

~BATTLE-READY INVENTORY
» 3 Starter Healing Potions (heals 50 HP)

~SKILLS
Rank 1 - Two-Handed Battle Axe (+3 DMG, access to rank 1 sword arts)

E - 

~SWORD ARTS
Two-Handed Battle Axe

Rank 1
» [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
» [x2 AoE] Smash (4 Energy) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.

Edited by Arabelle

Reinholt had just set his hammer down and he received a message. It was from Pinball. Curious he opened it it.

Spoiler

TO: Reinholt Arabelle

Subject: Let There Be Light

Message: Hey-yo, it's me. If any of you two feel like doing the quest I was talking about earlier, you should meet up with me on the Second Floor. If not, I can do it myself - but it might be pretty cool to do it as a group. How about it? Let me know. :^>

He ponders it for a moment the  shrugs. "Well I'm done crafting for the day so why not." he says as he walks down the steps to his living quarters. After a couple moments, he's walking out of his shop, clad in armor and his sword. He grins to him self as he rushes toward the teleporter, the spurs he rented from The Painter's Stone making him feel faster than normal. Before long he is materializing on the 2nd floor. After a moment he spots Pinball with two other players and starts to head their way. "Sorry I took so long. Was finishing up some crafting. But I'm here now." He smiles and nods politely to the other two Players. "I'm Reinholt."

Edited by Reinholt

"Excuse me sir is anyone sitting there?" Pinball opened a single eye, mildly surprised to hear a voice. Seeing it was a girl, his face went red, and he sat up straight, scooting off to the side. "No, yeah, go ahead," he said, "it's no problem." He leaned against the bench's arm, waiting for the people he had invited to either send him a message telling him they couldn't make it or show up through the teleporter. Thud! The sound of something heavy hitting the ground behind him caused him to start to stand, and hands pushing him caused him to stumble forward. "Pin!" The lanky teenager took a few steps forward, his arms held wide out to try and regain his balance. "Hello, there~. I'm here and... Ready for the quest! Is someone coming along with us?" "Jesus Christ! Arabelle!" He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Good god," he finally said, "that was...props for that." He looked up and around. "Where the hell did you even come from?" The sound of an activated teleportation pad grabbed Pinball's attention. "Oh, Reinholt," he said before the man introduced himself. "Sorry I took so long. Was finishing up some crafting. But I'm here now. I'm Reinholt." Pinball turned to Arabelle. "Yeah. Rein is coming with us. That's ok, right?

@Etherial @Arabelle @Reinholt

She smiles as she sat next to this strange man. “Thank you.” She heard another voice behind her. A energetic voice. Sounds like another female. After a few she hears another voice after he talks to her. A man dress with full armor shows up. It sounds like there going on a quest of some sort. She smiles as she looks over at this man accordantly to his friends his name is Pin. He still red from when he realize I was here. Etherial smiles and gives off a little blush to him. “What are you three doing? Sounds like you guys are getting ready for a quest.” She smiles once more after she got done saying it in a nice calm voice. While feeling this nice breeze brushing though her hair she tries to scoot over away from Pin. She’s very shy and don’t feel to comfortable with a boy sitting directly next to her. She started to blush even more as her face start to turn bright red.

@Pinball, @Arabelle, @Reinholt

Arabelle laughed at Pin's reaction, bringing a gloved hand up to cover her mouth. She may have a penchant for messing with others, but she was still a refined young lady who once studied in a Catholic school...maybe. "Ahahahaha! You're a high-leveled player aren't you, Pin? You should--" she paused to catch her breath and stopped laughing. A memory of a girl with platinum blonde hair - around the same level range as Pin - flashed across her mind. "You should watch your surroundings a lot more. Lots of people wanting to do more than surprise you~. Oh wait, we're in a safe zone." The purple-haired girl walked around the bench until she was directly in front of Pin. She leaned close, poked his arm, and smiled innocently at his question. "Can't tell you~. That's a trade secret."

A man approached them, Pin called him @Reinholt. She moved away from the boy and stared at the middle-aged man dressed in heavy armor. He looks really strong! "I'm Arabelle," she introduced with a friendly smile, making herself as respectable-looking as possible. "And yeah, Pin, it's fine. The more the merrier!" 

Only then did she shift her attention to the cute white-haired girl (@Etherial) sitting on the bench. The girl's face was red. Eeeeee! Her hair is so long and it's so pretty and her clothes and eyes match her hair and she looks so shy and-- "Hello," Arabelle greeted, her tone taking on a certain gentleness Pin probably had never heard before. "I'm Arabelle, but you can call me Bella. And yes, we're going on a quest. Wanna come along?"

Reinholt smirks at Pinball. "Should of made sure it was ok before you asked me along." He then turns to the purple hair player and politely inclines his head. "Its very nice to meet you Arabelle." He says in a respectful voice. He didn't want to make the other player any more uncomfortable that she was so he turns back to Pinball. "See how east it was to get me here? You don't have to say you're being robbed like before we did that one quest." He makes a face at Pinball, remembering as he sprinted to His friends shop under the impression he was in trouble. Now, he and Pinball was in it together, thanks to a certain other 'friend' of theirs. He shakes his head, pushing that memory away before he got mad. "Anyway. What are we doing today?" He says as he rests his hand on the hilt of his sword, an eyebrow raised at Pinball.

Etherial looks at the three of them. Still blushing a lot, looks at the Purple haired girl. “Glad to meet you my name is Etherial. And I’ll be glad to participate in your quest if you wouldn’t mind me joining in.” she says softly but now feels comfortable the fact theres another girl that would be in the group. Looking at the rest she feels like she wont be much help since she’s mostly a support type of player but she will try her best. “So what kind of quest are we doing?” she asked gently as she keeps looking at the purple haired girl seeing the fact she a very gourgous girl that’s energetic. Etherial might of found herself a new friend if she can crack her bubble and talk them without being scared. She looks over at the big man in the armor. She smiles at him as she finally turns back to her natual colour as she then thinks of how old he might be. The other two look like they are mostly her age so she should be find but he seems to be a little more older than the rest of us.

@Pinball

With the surprise of @Arabelle's ambush still wearing off, he blinked. "I'm not even that high-leveled," he protested, "and- a... a trade secret?" Pinball laughed, though his eyes still darted here and there, trying to figure out where the girl had come from. When @Reinholt reminded him of how he had gotten him to do Monkey King with him, he replied, "Well - thought it was funny." Then, when @Etherial offered to do the quest with them, he nodded. "Oh, yeah, sure. Uhh, what... what level are you?" They weren't taking a difficult quest, but with this new girl around, he wanted to be able to know whether he could stand back and let the others do it, or if he would have to take front and center with the others. With that out of the way, though, he placed both hands on his hips, Superman style. "Alright! We're going to be taking the quest 'Let There Be Light'. Some lady told us her child was missing; lost in some cave somewhere I guess. Our job is to find that child, and bring her back to her mother!" He spun around, raising a fist in the air. "Onwards! To victory!

@Etherial quickly accepted her invitation to come along and Arabelle smiled warmly at the girl. She's so cute. Arabelle turned back to @Pinball and @Reinholt. The teenager was still looking around curiously, trying to figure out where she had come from earlier, and she let out a small laugh. "Keep being cute, and I might just tell you," she teased, her signature playful smile forming on her lips. "Oh, and Mr. Reinholt! You should tell me about that sometime," Arabelle said, referring to the man's joke about Pin saying he was being robbed.

After they were done chatting though, their party's 'leader' (if they were going on a level basis) went straight to business. Pin summed up the quest details for all of them and raised a fist into the air, like he was giving an impassioned speech in the middle of a battle. It seemed a bit anticlimactic, considering they were about to embark on a low-leveled quest (with their numbers, they'd probably just kill the quest mob in one round!). But Arabelle still went along with it. "To victory!" the small purple-haired girl cheered and punched her fist into the air. Then she lowered her arm and swiped through her menus. Party requests popped up in front of everyone, along with a notification of a party leadership transfer to Pin.

Once they were all in the party, Arabelle skipped a few steps away and waited for the others to follow. As much as she would've loved to stay and chat with the three players, they had come here for the quest, and it was her way of saying that they should get going now. "Okay, so Pin mentioned a cave," the purple-haired girl began, her voice taking on a more serious tone. "And I've played enough video games to know that something's gonna pop up and attack us. Got any additional info on the mobs we might be facing, Pin?"

Reinholt raised his eyebrow at Pinball and his Victory cry. The boy was very excitable, and it seemed to rub off on Arabelle. He chuckles softly as they start to walk, falling in beside Etherial. Yawning softly he tucks his thumbs into the sides of his breastplate and follows the rest of the rag-tag team. "Knowing Pin, He'll some how fish a giant man eating monster from thin air, cause thats just his luck. Right buddy?" He says playfully slugging Pinball in the shoulder. "No matter, between me and Pin, you ladies are completely safe, but given a gave its probably some sort of Bat or cave spider or maybe a giant bear." He shrugs and resumes his lazy stride. It would be fun questing with some new people. He liked Pinball and all, but its always nice to make new friends. Glancing at the other two players, makes a slight face. He would have to make sure nothing happened to either one of these players got hurt.

She looks at Reinholt. As she thinking that if he trying to impress girls she should just act like himself. He’d be better off that way. She looks at Pin and smiles some more. As her face starts to go back to normal she gets up and starts to follow Pin. “So what are we exactly doing in this quest?” she runs up to Pin. Something about him make her feel safe. He doesn’t seem to be one those people that want to hurt someone or end up killing his whole party. Etherial then stops for a second realizing that she’s being rude because of the other two. She looks around hoping they don’t seem to mad with her. She looks at the rest of them as she quickly turns red once more as she doesn’t talk anymore. Looking at the ground hoping no one sees her she quickly continues to walk next to Pin.

@Pinball

Edited by Etherial

It took him all about thirty seconds for the other players he was with to ask what exactly they were doing. Pinball glanced back at the three, pausing mid-stride, his fist still held up high. "Oh, right." He spun around, grinning as he looked between @Reinholt, @Arabelle, and his newest companion, @Etherial. "We're going to be fighting bats in a cave," he said, squinting. "There's two or three of them, and they're pretty weak." He paused, rewording his statement. "Well, to me at least, they are." Pinball, throwing a thumb over his shoulder, pointed to where he knew the caves were located. Let There Be Light was a fairly low-leveled quest, so it was a very common undertaking, especially for new players. "But that's why I'm not fighting. You guys are fighting for me. can kill them in a single hit if I wanted to, and I'm sure Reinholt could get pretty damn close too." He shrugged, grinning still. "I'll join in if you need me, but for the most part, this is on you." He raised his fists. "I'm gonna punch 'em."

Once the rest of the group started moving, Arabelle started skipping ahead of them. She kept her gaze down at the ground and walked, keeping her feet from landing on the lines of the road's tiles. She picked up snippets of a conversation from the three behind her, but decided it was boring if they talked too much about strategy and didn't offer anything in response. Besides, they had @Pinball with them, and he was pretty strong. (That, or he was just overconfident with his claim that he could protect all three of them with his main weapon unequipped).

Few minutes passed, and her surroundings grew oddly quiet. She turned back to see that the group was lagging behind. Why were they so slow?! She stopped walking until the three caught up to her, and only then did she fall into step with Pinball. "Hey, so it's all on us three, then?" Arabelle clarified, leaning forward slightly so she could see his face. He had a pretty face, for a boy. She liked seeing it. "Up to you, I guess~. I wanted to show off with my new weapon, anyway." She had not taken it out yet and wasn't planning to until they reached the town's exit. Maybe she could even do some flashy moves and impress the cute girl behind her.

Speaking of. Arabelle looked back and spotted Reinholt walking with Etherial. Unable to resist the temptation, she turned back to Pinball with a smile and a comment that would have been normal if anyone who wasn't her was saying it. "Oooooh, I guess we're all paired up now. You know, Pin. I like walking beside you. You're tall and I can hide in your shadow." That little tease was quickly lost on them though, as a red-faced Etherial quickly ran up to the teenage boy's other side and fell into step with him. Smiling at the boy's expression, Arabelle quickened her pace so she was just walking slightly ahead of them.

Edited by Arabelle
  • 7 months later...

"Just be careful with it," he replied, glancing at the red-faced Etherial as she fell in step with Pinball. "Oh," he said to the girl, "we're just hunting bats and returning the mother's daughter. She got lost in this cave or something." With Reinholt falling silent, he was quickly and steadily losing confidence, and that was beginning to show in his expression. And with that fading came a face as red as the girl who walked beside him when Arabelle dropped her little comment. Why did that sound so... weird? He shoved his hands in his pockets (much to the shadowy cat's protest). "Well, uhh," he stammered, "I guess that's just 'cause I... dwarf... the competition.
His eyes narrowed and he shook his head, a confused look on his face. Pinball kept walking, speeding up a little. Why was he getting so embarrassed over something so simple? And why the hell wasn't Reinholt helping him? Through trees and other shrubbery, the group made their way across the second floor, heading to the cave that was home to the bats they were hunting. 

They approached the cave's entrance. The small scythe-wielder skipped a few steps forward and squinted into the darkness. Nothing. But maybe her vision would adjust once they step in. "Hmm..." Arabelle took a cautious step forward and rested her hand against the beginning of the rock wall. A bright red layered itself over her normally colorless gaze as she stared intently at the inside of the cave. She could see the outlines of the cave wall, leading up to a fork in the path, and... nothing else. With her <<Detection>> skill being basically nonexistent, she wasn't even sure if there was a mob right in front of her that her vision wasn't picking up. Her eyes returned to their normal color and she spun around to face the party, and addressed their strongest member (aka probably the only one who mattered). "Pin, this is the location, right? You'd better not be making any mistakes, Mister Front-liner."

The party of four hadn't stepped in yet, but she was sure that darkness would work against them somehow. Who even makes a beginner quest that puts their players right into an unfamiliar zone with special mechanics? Low-level quests were there to help players get a feel for the basics of a game. That thing is supposed to be reserved for higher levels! "Well, whatever!" Arabelle suddenly spoke up with a bright smile. She opened her menu with a flick of her hand and a large black scythe manifested in front of her. The purple-haired girl reached out and grabbed its handle with both hands, and its blade became a black-green blur as she gave it a wide showy experimental swing. Satisfied with her performance, she smirked and turned around, finally stepping into the cave. "We have Pin here to protect us, so we should all be okay!... I think."

She reactivated her <<Detection>> and it was only then that she became aware of the <<Giant Bat>> looming over her.

((forgot to put my stats in at the start of the thread so im just gonna use my current ones. whoopsieee)) 

Pinball nodded, and together the party made their way into the cave. It was dark, and the path forward was dark and twisted. To the sides the cave branched out into some kind of system just as dark as the rest of the place. He jogged forward, motioning his party straight ahead. He didn't want to lead them into some kind of trap, even if there was a chance to find a bit of loot. No, their destination was straight ahead. He turned around, walking slowly backwards - he had been walking too quickly - trying to make sure they didn't get lost in the gloom. While he tried to rope the others in, Arabelle darted forward, equipping her axe. For a moment, he found himself lost in the showy equipping of the giant scythe. A scythe? That was a first for him. But directly ahead of her - "Woah! Watch out!

Pinball was immediately stressed out. He whirled around, and the others weren't there. Had they gotten lost in the tunnels? He didn't know, and he didn't have time to try and piece it together. With only the two of them left, Pinball wasn't nearly as confident that they'd blow through it. He had been counting on Reinholt... 
Pinball whipped through his inventory, equipping the first thing he found that resembled a spear - his practice bo staff. "Hey, hey, hey, get back over here!
The bats' heads swiveled in the direction of the voice. With a hiss they took flight, charging straight over Arabelle's head to try and bore into him. Pinball ducked and they both swooped harmlessly overhead - and let him jump back a bit in front of Arabelle. 

Action Taken: Equipping Item <<Vanity THAS>> 
Giant Bat 1: ID#111758 MD: 3-3= 0 (Miss!) 
Giant Bat 2: ID#111759 MD: 2-3= -1 (Miss!) 

[H:0/0] Pinball: 980/980 HP | 98/98 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:0/0] Arabelle: 60/60 HP | 6/6 EN | 4 DMG | 1 ACC | 8-10 PARA

Giant Bat 1: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG 
Giant Bat 2: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

She barely registered the boy's warning as the two Giant Bats charged straight for her. With a surprised squeak, Arabelle instinctively brought up her scythe's large blade to protect her head. That was dumb. Totally dumb. That scout would've had a field day hearing about this. After all those things she learned - she just had to go and make the very basic, beginner's mistake of running straight into an area without (double-)checking for enemies first. She grit her teeth and faced the two bats, outlined by her detection, and braced herself.

...Except the attacks she had been expecting never came and she slowly lowered her weapon to find that the mobs had sailed over her head, favoring the other, (unexpectedly) much louder target. She didn't even need to duck. 

For once: praise their one-foot height difference.

Arabelle spun around, finding only Pinball standing protectively in front of her with a very basic-looking staff in hand. It was just the two of them. In a cave. That happened to be really dark. Oh my~. But where were the others? "Aaand they're blocking the only way out. Lovely." She glanced up at her HP and back at the two mobs they were facing. They were pretty high up, but she figured that would change if they turned their attention to her. Two hits should be the limit... "Meh. Good enough. Hey, Pin. Don't chicken out on me, okay?"

If Pinball was stressed from her recklessly running into the depths of the cave earlier, then this one would be on a whole different level. She darted past her teammate and firmly positioned herself in front of the two flying mobs. Normally, even her large weapon couldn't reach that far (hint: short arms), but with her energy full... close enough! "Shi-chan." Two powerful swings from the scythe-wielder carved an 'X' into what seemed like nothing but empty space - until she paused and the shock waves generated from her attacks cut through the air, completely missing one and slicing through the skin of the other. Arabelle turned back to her teammate with a simple smile. "Seems my aim was a bit off. Your turn."

Spoiler

ID: 111778 | BD: 2

ID: 111779 | BD: 6

[x2 AoE] Smash (4 EN) = 4 * 2 = 8 DMG

[H:0/0] @Pinball: 980/980 HP | 98/98 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:0/1] Arabelle: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN | 4 DMG | 1 ACC | 8-10 PARA [-4 EN]

Giant Bat 1: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG 
Giant Bat 2: 42/50 HP | 20 DMG [-8 HP]

Edited by Arabelle

Oh, boy. Pinball wasn't sure it'd be safe fighting them alone, especially since now he'd have to defend Arabelle - he watched her run past. 
Pinball wasn't sure it'd be safe fighting them alone for very long, especially since he had to make sure they didn't hit Arabelle. It'd be easier if he just...
"I'm just going to kill them now. Try to find the others?"
 Pinball ran forward, throwing his weight onto his staff and using it as a pole vault. He rocketed through the air, flipping, and brought the staff down on the airborne Giant Bat's skull. The weight of the blow launched the winged rat to the ground, where it hit the stone floor with a smack. Pinball landed next to a cloud of pixels, but he wasn't through yet. He let the momentum carry him forward, hopped once more, and brought a spinning smack to try and whack the other like a baseball. The Giant Bat pivoted, and he was just out of reach, and hit the ground again, the glow of his Sword Art slowly fading. “Yeesh…

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Weeping Moon] [-7 EN] 
Giant Bat 1: ID#111852 BD: 2+2= 4 (Miss!) MD: 5-3= 2 (Miss!) 
Giant Bat 2: ID#111853 BD: 4+2= 6 (Hit!) MD: 5 (Miss!) ~ 15*9= 180 DMG 

[H:1] Pinball: 980/980 HP | 91/98 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:0] Arabelle: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN | 4 DMG | 1 ACC | 8-10 PARA 

Giant Bat 1: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG 
Giant Bat 2: 0/50 HP | 20 DMG 

Edited by Pinball